Royal Bank of Canada Employee Reviews

Stressful workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  GTAAugust 5, 2015
Stressful work place for the money which you are paid. Yearly increases are a joke would not recommend working with RBC if you want to stay above the poverty line
Pros
Great Co-Workers
Cons
Don't value employees shows with pay
The hardest part was the talk time.
Expert Advise Center (Former Employee) –  MontrealJuly 28, 2015
Very good management from direct boss but not enough employees were allowed by upper management. A lot of overtime due to short staff.
Pros
Superb group of people
Cons
too much overtime due to lack of staff.
Coporate culture
Technical Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 22, 2015
Have been in the corporate for almost 9-10 years and its kind of great learning with in team each day. Most of the co-workder are known to me as close friends. Work pressure is more most of the time and really really busy day all the day long...

Most enjoyable part is that work culture is up to the standard and very flexible, hardest part is to accomplish the task with following up tough corporate standards.
Pros
Good frinens
Cons
Work pressure
Bank
Documentation Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 16, 2015
very good people to work with many benefits
lots of people to talk to
lots of work to keep you busy
day to day all routine based work
Financial Sales - Love Selling, talking to people, persuading to let them take the right decision.
Financial Sales and Marketing Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 14, 2015
"Communicating the right information precisely, persuading potential customers".

The best part of my job was to meet and talk to so many people from different backgrounds, enlighten them about our financial products and services and successfully persuading them to try our services. Gradually, developing more business with them and creating more market share on the bigger picture in the long run.
Pros
Talking to people.
Cons
Long business hours at times.
Overall a decent IT firm which ensures personal as well as career growth.
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 9, 2015
Enjoyed morning conversation wit my co-workers, very cooperative team members; enjoyed the potlucks. My project manager was very encouraging and cooperative.
Pros
flexible timings
Cons
dress code
Customer Service Rep
Customer Support Officer/Client Adviser (Former Employee) –  ScarboroughJuly 7, 2015
I would help open the branch and close ensuring balances completed.

Provided customer services and support to the team members in the branch
Pros
Cons
Selling became a big part
Customer Care is a rewarding experience. Team work is fun.
Personal Lending Officer (Former Employee) –  Truro, NSJuly 6, 2015
I left this job because I felt that Sales were becoming increasingly more important than the Customer Service that I preferred to focus on.
Pros
Vacation, Holidays, Good Pension and Benefits. Team work, Employee and Client interaction.
Cons
Always increasingly hard to meet expected Goals. Heavy workload with pending paperwork
great company
HR Portfolio Analyst - Projects & Initiatives (Current Employee) –  TorontoJuly 6, 2015
great working environment and culture. A lot of room for growth and movement into other roles is encouraged as long you do well in your current position.
Best workplace
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga,ONJuly 6, 2015
learned how to handle all the walk-in clients of the branch by practicing all the retailing behaviors and also looking after their banking transactions and also opportunities for cross selling.
well organized organization
Sr. PCO/ Jr. Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 28, 2015
It is really fun place to work at RBC. It has robust systems at place at many levels that helps RBC performing great year after year.
Very micro managed
Licensed Insurance Advisor (Current Employee) –  MississaugaJune 23, 2015
Typical day at work is just taking one phone call after another and assisting client. I have learned a lot about insurance industry after working for Rbc insurance.
Pros
Free rbc employee account
Cons
Long hour on monday
Good place for growth and opportunities
Bilingual HR Payroll Officer (Current Employee) –  MississaugaJune 6, 2015
While maintaining good relationships with manager and co-workers, gaining more skills through training and special projects and acquiring more experience and responsibilities over time
Excellent company to work for.
Sr. IT architect (Current Employee) –  TorontoMay 28, 2015
Its the number one bank in Canada and an excellent place to work for.

I am working as a consultant and find the team very supportive and understanding

Management also supports and very flexible

Managing multiple projects

Flexibility
Not a very good work/life balance or job culture
Banking Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto ONMay 12, 2015
A typical day would include coming in and sitting at a different desk each day, taking about 70-80 calls per day. The hardest part of the job is the hours that seem to be extremely late. The culture there is not a fun work environment. Management is looking at company's overall business needs rather than employees needs.
Pros
Great benefits and pay, free banking
Cons
high retention, late hours, no work/life balance, management is focused on company needs, quick to replace employees
good work life balance
Analyst, Derivatives Valuation (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 29, 2015
no work taken home. good and understandable management. manageable stress level with multiple time sensetive tasks though a day. friendly environment in a team.
Overall good experience.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  MontrealApril 21, 2015
Great experiences with loyal client base, staff overall is solid and the job itself is rewarding day in and out.
Cannot go wrong with having this on your C.V. as an experience.
good environment
Sr. Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON, CanadaApril 20, 2015
-great company to work for.
-good compensation
-good co-workers
-adequate training

Work/life balance, competitive compensation, company values, high integrity within the financial services industry, opportunity for personal growth, accessible corporate structure
Pros
good compensation
VERY GOOD AT CREATING A FAKE IMAGE
Cash Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABApril 16, 2015
When I started with RBC I absolutely loved my job , I went above and beyond with bring clients in and receiving awards. I started to see the real environment when my manager asked me to slow down on referrals and sales because other employees wouldn't like me , that I made them look bad by getting so many sale and inquiries when it wasn't my main function and or being looked at under a magnifier. Then I received only 9 months later they insisted I wasn't right for the role. Which makes me wonder with all these awards and hitting double digit percentages in sales that it was mainly personal and jealously . I HIGHLY DO NOT RECOMMEND WORKING HERE THEY AWARD SLACKERS AND DISMISS HARD WORKERS !!!! WORST EXPERIENCE EVER !!!!!
Pros
PAID VACATION
Cons
EVERYTHING
Overall great place to work
Adjudication Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, OntarioApril 15, 2015
Overall great place to work. Pay is based on industry, advancement is a bit slow but based on experience and education like most jobs. Main issue would be that the company is so large that sometimes you feel like just another number.

4.2