Royal Bank of Canada

Royal Bank of Canada Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Forward thinking
Personal Banking Advisor (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 27, 2013
Excellent company with forward thinking mind set always and always trying to help you find future oppurtunities
Daily Routines of the day.
Client Service Representative (Current Employee), New Waterford, NSDecember 27, 2013
A typical day of work... come in the morning open computer and bring up all programs needed throughout the day..get the daily forecast to fill machines and TCU and empty night shoot...waiting on clients, cashing cheques, deposit cash and cheques, paying bills, processing business deposits, ensuring that the client is waited on in a timely manner and – more... ensure the client is in the right account packages according to their needs. Advise the client on new products, such as visa's, new accounts, etc. Taking ownership of any problem that arises to get the answers to their problems as quickly as possible. Provide and fill out Direct Deposit slips, Sign up clients for Online Banking, Book appointments for Financial Officers. Complete courses through RBC Campus online.

Constantly learning diffferent ways to give client advice.

Management has early morning meets to advise the staff of when there is major changes and new product. They have weekly goal meetings to ensure we meet these goals. As well as ensuring the branch runs as smooth as possible.

Co-workers are always there to help each other out when needed. If there is an issue we usually work it out amoungst ourselves.

The hardest part of the job is keeping up with all the new updates that come out of the blue especially if we have not been at the morning meets due to a later shift. And trying to read and keep up with all the email sent.

The most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with the clients. We have a great bunch of clients who not only share their issues but their witt with us. This makes for a great day that goes by fast. – less
Back Office / Insurance / Banking / Other
AML Verification Officer (Business Clients) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 19, 2013
Worked in the AML department processed AML transaction for business clients.
International high standards, Professional Environment
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 19, 2013
It is the best place I have ever worked in. High professionalism, amazing work environment, people, and initiatives.
Great Client Experience
Associate Business Architect (Former Employee), Toronto, OnDecember 13, 2013
Good place to work and get office experience at an entry level job.
A Dream Job
Credit and Collections Representative (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 28, 2013
Pros: advancements and discounts on banking fees and mortgages
Cons: sporadic hours and distance
A reputable company, great room for advancement. However hours were too sporadic and the distance between home and work made it difficult to meet the call centre's varied hours.
Good bank to work for
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR, DEBT CAPITAL MARKETS (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 27, 2013
I worked there for a number of years and have gained substantial experience within the organization. Like most large companies, you can quickly get lost in the crowd but you need to separate yourself from becoming a number and let yourself be known internally...
fun, interaction with people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 25, 2013
Pros: no weekends
Cons: job outsourced
last position involved with client loyalty group. Data entry re complaints/compliments, investigating , giving tokens, letters of aplology.
Sense of accomplishment when giving clients what they need.
Various Positions (Former Employee), Leamington, ONNovember 24, 2013
Pros: meeting many people
Cons: having to give an unsatisfactory rating on an employee
A typical day was always all about the client and servicing their needs. Clients want to be shown that they are valued.
Co-workers also are valued and everyone is part of the team.
From a management perspective, I always found evaluations to be the hardest to do.
The most enjoyable part of my job was interaction with clients and solving problems for – more... them. I also enjoyed training new hires for the Customer Service foll. – less
Productive, fun loving, progressive and positive
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 19, 2013
Pros: everyday new learning
busy with clients
new interaction experience
perfect transaction process
client satisfaction
very productive and fun workplace
Account Services Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 19, 2013
Pros: complete employee benefits
Cons: long hours standing
Processing of various bank deposits, working with employees with diverse nationalities.
The staff was amazing and was in my field of work
Team Leader (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 18, 2013
Pros: amazing staff and atomosphere to work in
Cons: grreat future ahaed.
I was responsible for a staff of 20-50 on a daily basis. We were responsible for account recovery's for line of credits, personal loans, business loans, car loans, credit cards, and mortgages. We were also responsible for reinstatement of accounts and approving clients. I had to do daily reports and make sure staffing was schedule for work and listening – more... to calls for Q/C. Helping clients and my staff if they are in need of help. – less
Productive workplace and Enjoyable coworkers
Service Professional Expert (Current Employee), Montréal, QCNovember 17, 2013
Very Enjoyable experience,
Room of Advancement
Great support
productive and competitive work place
Client Service Representative (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 14, 2013
productive and competitive work place, nice and helpful co workers, amazing management team
Excellent place to work at
Technical Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 14, 2013
Pros: gained valuable experience
Monitoring ascent capture servers,performing code drops on PEGA platform,performing SAP transports with in different environments(Dev,Testing,Prod),participating in daily team meeting and meetings with other teams to co-ordinate was what a typical day looked like.
Gained good knowledge about servers,code drops,SAP transports and functionality of banks – more... in general.
management was fantastic,friendly and co-operative
co-workers were awesome and enjoying working
most enjoyable part of job was fun at work to avoid stress – less
worked as administative assistant with RBC for 9 months
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), toonto ,onNovember 9, 2013
Pros: lot of learning to work with director
Cons: long hours of travelling
having more than 5 yrs. of experience in customer service in finance Industry. In RBC I worked as administrative assistant -take care of Investments redemptions change nominees details ,other customer concerns.
RBC
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 3, 2013
- wonderful place to work
- diverse
- enjoyable
- lively
- challenging work

great experience overall
Meet clients and process administration work
Account Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 1, 2013
Pros: clients' and manager's appreciation
Cons: working weekends and evenings sometimes
It is a very challenging job which really fits my character.
team work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), mississuaga, onOctober 23, 2013
team work time management, hardwork and growth supportive environmrnt
Very productive environment
Middleware Integration Team - Technical Specialist (Current Employee), TorontoOctober 22, 2013
Serving the enterprise through the creation of web services using WAS and WMB is the main current role. I have served in the bank as a developer then as a technical specialist in middleware connectivity. the most enjoyable part of my job was assisting desinging and integrating many type of consumers into our suite of services.