Royal Bank of Canada

Royal Bank of Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
The colleagues that I work with coupled with wonderful clients make it a great day!
Account Manager - Personal Banking (Current Employee), Aurora, ONJune 10, 2014
Pros: 1) wonderful clients, 2) i also build a re pour with the more challenging clients. that is a bonus in my eyes.
In my opinion it is very important to enjoy who I am working with. Together we deal with the day to day challenges and help one another. This in turn creates a positive environment.
I deal with many clients on a daily basis. It is a learning experience for me and keeps it fresh. I enjoy finding out new things about my clients and together coming up with solutions on managing their money.
Serious job but secured
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 30, 2014
Pros: good income
Cons: long working hours
Working at Royal Bank of Canada was such an experience to have. Great stuff and management.
Very good
Project Lead (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 28, 2014
Working here for last 4 years was great. Worked on most challenging projects which ever came across. Great support from the management and the business team.
Hectic environment
Trade Support Officer (Former Employee), TorontoMay 23, 2014
Pros: friendly co workers
Cons: long hours, can hardly take a break
My co workers are great. Energy is always high. The job was rewarding and never and boring place to work. Everything has to be done fast pace and accurately.
Great place to work at
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMay 20, 2014
Wonderful place to work at, you feel appreciated. great Managment.
Highly supportive working environment
Temp (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 15, 2014
Pros: fun times for team bonding
Cons: short term contract
All resources for a successful working environment is adequately provided. Assistance from supervisor is uninhibited. Only snag is that the job was for a very short period.
Fast Pace with Fun Co-workers
Bank Advisor (Current Employee), Montreal QuebecMay 9, 2014
Pros: co-workers, hours
Cons: limited power to help some clients
A typical day at RBC, is taking anywhere between 25 to 40 calls from clients that range from 2 minutes to an hour in length. You are helping clients troubleshoot problems with their online banking or problems with their accounts, but mostly helping them make sure they have the best banking products to meet their needs.

I have learned how to handle a wide range of client types; from the upset business person in a rush, to the elderly grandparent who has all the time in the world. I also have learned how to self-motivate to make sure I am reaching my potential in regards to sale quotas.

The management at RBC is there to help and guide you through your career with the bank. They have an open door policy, which means they are always available to help you with any questions you need.

The best part of RBC are the people you work with. Sometimes you get that one call from a client that just pushes all your buttons and you reached your limit, but not to worry cause the person next to you will be more then willing to listen to you and even cheer you up with a joke or two to make you forget about that bad call.

Hardest part of the job is sometimes not being able to do anything for the client cause the situation is out of mine or the banks hands.

Best part of the job is when you help the client realize how easy banking is and when they learn how to do something themselves.
I worked on different projects that's why I learned new things everytime
Data Entry Operator (Former Employee), 320 Front St West, toronto , onMay 6, 2014
It is good place to work. We worked in group. It was an enjoyable project. Co-workers were helpfull and like a family members. There was no presure
RBC Bankruptcy Dept. was very busy and team oriented.
Bankruptcy Officer (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioMay 3, 2014
Pros: enjoyed team breakfasts at least once a month. this was for team building and moral.
Cons: sometimes working overtime to keep up with volume.
A typical day in Bankruptcy (RBC) existed of reviewing Bankruptcy Documents from Trustee's and Lawyers. Review client information and take appropriate action to ensure there is no further losses to RBC.
Learned how easy is is for people to over extend themselves financially, without realising consequences.
Worked with a great team. We shared ideas and information.
Got along well together.
Management very supportive and open to new ideas.
Hardest part of the job was speaking and coaching distraught customers.
Most enjoyable part of my job was making customers feel comfortable and not alone in their situation.
Administration/ Clerical/Reception (Former Employee), Toronto, downtownMay 2, 2014
Pros: you get all staff banking ie free
Cons: you work only 7'5 hours
Of course this is a Bank and to get in the Bank is difficult but if you get in do not leave at any cost.
RBC was a good company to work for.
Account Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton ABMay 1, 2014
RBC was a bigger company than CWB. I enjoyed my 15+ years with them.
corporate actions department
Senior Administrator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 26, 2014
Pros: benefits are not bad
Cons: manager rude. .. long dated procedures, long hours
The manager shouldn't be in charge of anyone. He's rude and not knowledgeable. The procedures are dated and they are not open to change at all. They make you do crazy over time hours and do not care that you have a life outside of work
RBC, an excellent place to work
Senior Account Manager and Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Montreal, QCApril 23, 2014
RBC is a good place to work. I enjoyed every aspect of my job, except the solicitation part. The Customer service is excellent and the Clients appreciated very much the way they are served.
Co-workers are very cooperative. There is a good team spirit.

The hardest part of the job is to reach a certain goal in $$$, which is not always obvious.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when Employees are being recognized for their success and effort, throught RBC's Rewards and Recognition program.
Routine Based Work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 15, 2014
Independent Work
No work group interactions
Face paced work
Flexible timings, encouraged part time school.
Work at nights, cleaning bank and customer areas
Custodian (Current Employee), Comber, ONApril 9, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, can go anytime after hours
Cons: low pay
- dusting
- moping
- vacuum
- wiping down dirty surfaces (counters, bath rooms)
- i work alone
- co-workers are very nice and polite
- work 5 days a week
I Love the Customer Service Industry
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Montreal, QuebecApril 9, 2014
Pros: one on one interaction with the clients, using my customer service skills to help them with their needs
Cons: having to meet quotas and goals by going behind a colleagues back to do it
I Pride myself in my Great Customer Service Skills, I feel at my most comfortable when I am serving and helping people and seeing the satisfaction in their faces. I got that satisfaction every day working for RBC. I knew my clients needs and made sure they were met every time I had the privilege of serving them. The work environment in a Bank is a little different than anywhere else that I have worked at.
It is every person for themselves as there at quotas to be met within the bank and although I regularly met my quotas and goals, it was always difficult for me to have to go above someone else and if I may say go behind their backs to meet my goals with one of their customers. That is what was expected at the Bank and I myself being a Team Player Always has trouble with that part of the job. I Absolutely Loved working with the clients and serving them at the High Level that I am capable of and they appreciating me as much as I appreciated them.
working in fast paste
fraud/investigation specialist (Current Employee), montreal downtownApril 2, 2014
I enjoy working at my current work. Very nice environment, my colleagues are very respectful and helping. I work in a very fast paste environment, i need to keep up with the paste. it is very interesting and exciting to Work in risk and fraud department .
Goal oriented, Great core values
Commercial Credit Risk Analyst (Current Employee), Montréal, QCApril 1, 2014
­-Analysing all pertinent credit and financial information. Includes analysis of the following: financial ratio, cash flow, stress testing/sensitivity analysis, collateral summary, discounted cash flow analysis.
­-Calculating risk grades for new and existing credit relationships above 1MM$ CDN.
­-Proactively identifying operational risk loss events and controlling deficiencies and risks
­-Advising accounts managers on all credit related matters including loan structure, regulatory requirements and Bank policies and procedures
Intense and fast peace work enviorment
Derivative Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 1, 2014
Maintain a good relationship with Investment Manager and Broker

Experienced different derivative products including futures, options, forwards, SWAP etc.
Great growth opportunity
Client Service Representative (Former Employee), markhamMarch 31, 2014
- A typical day is start 9 am at the counter to serve the clients' to complete the transactions and explore the sales opportunities

- Has very systematic training and provides grow opportunity

- What I have learned most is to get familiar with the banking system and gain knowledge of operation in the branch