Royal Bank of Canada Employee Reviews in Canada

a good place to start your career
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCJanuary 22, 2016
When I worked there was definitely a glass ceiling. Guys with less education and experience got promoted faster than women.

Some of the women in power were hard to get a long with.
Learning experience
Senior Financial Report Analyst Production Support (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 19, 2016
Good experience to work with RBC one of Canada's leading bank
Enjoyed working with all level of managements
All co-workers are nice and helpful.
It is nice place to work
Technical Lead (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 19, 2016
Though it is nice place to work, i would like to explore different opportunities and different work environments.

Most of the time, we used to occupy complete 8 hours and along with that we used to have our offshore call after hours.We have very healthy work environment and got a chance to learn many things.
Great environment
Banking Advisor- Contact Center (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCJanuary 18, 2016
Great collegues, always willing to help.
teamwork is also very important.
Off phone activities when business is not busy to ensure courses are done or listen to collegues who would need coaching on sales or being efficient on calls.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Rewarding and enjoyable work atmosphere with great colleagues
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONJanuary 7, 2016
Working for the RBC was a great work experience as I had the opportunity to move around to several locations, as I was hired on a contract to help cover maternity leave, vacations, sick leave etc. of full time employes, so I was able to learn a lot of the financial industry from a wide range of different people and costumers. There were obviously many obstacles to overcome, but everyone worked quite well as mentors and a team.
Pros
Great CSR experience
Cons
Long commutes
Good workplace
Test Lead (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 5, 2016
A good work place with good team and great work culture. Cibc Bank gave me an opportunity to gain knowledge on some of the core applications of the bank an contributed immensely to my growth.
Highly productive environment and great people
Senior Process Analyst, Finance Shared Services (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 5, 2016
There are a lot of opportunities in Royal Bank but it is very hard to move up or laterally since this is a very conservative organization.
Pros
Steady, Great People
Cons
Conservative
Great Place to Work
In Branch CSR/Teller Service (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBJanuary 5, 2016
Enjoyed being on a team, being involved and being able to mentor my peers. Special days and give aways are always nice in the workplace as well.
customer service
customer service (Former Employee) –  Laval, QCJanuary 2, 2016
customer service , selling product and service to customers , accountable for money and service . the only disadvantage was traveling 4 hrs work a day to each branch
Pros
the benefits
Cons
no steady scheduals
fun place
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 31, 2015
what i learned in today world is good food is really important to people good food brings you good business witch means your making good money fun place great people great staff
Stable employment, little/no opportunity for growth
Office Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 30, 2015
RBC is a stable, well-respected organization, highly conservative and still quite traditional in thinking. The organization desires growth, but is unable/unwilling to invest the time/resources to be agile and transformative.
Windows 7 Roll-Out
Technical Support (Account Team Lead) (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCDecember 28, 2015
Description of Position –
- 2nd Tier Account Team Lead of Windows Migration
- Register Machine to the CCU (Central Configuration Unit) Machine Data inventory
- Install Red dawn application used to back-up/restored data
- Windows Migration using Bonas stick
- Call and Raised a ticketing system on command center reporting problem of windows migration and any application support by IBM

Onsite Migration Services is to have at least 95% of the workstations migrate successfully to Windows 7 by start of business July- October 2015. 500 end-User successfully Migrated into Windows 7 of all branch office and customer service in British Columbia a project by IBM Management.
Stressful but fun
Payments Operator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 21, 2015
We are a team of around 21 people and our department operates 7 a.m. to 7 p.m A typical day at work would be an 8 hours shift where we are assigned different queues during the day to finish the job, and after lunch the most senior operators would verify and release all the payments that are correct and send back to fix the ones that are wrong. I have learned to collaborate, to prioritize between tasks, to improve my attention to details and memory. I have also learned a lot about the banking industry in general and how banks relate to each other and have agreements within each others. My team is very diversified culturally and also personality wise. They are all good co workers, and they bring something special to the team, some of them are very good at specific areas, and some are good sharing their knowledge within the team. The hardest part of the job is to meet the deadlines, and to delivery accurately. There is a trade off when we try to go too fast, and miss out information, so we need to find the right balance. The most enjoyable part of my job is the people I work with. We work hard, but we also have fun, share, laugh and have a good time .
Costumer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 18, 2015
In my experience with RBC I feel there was much room for advancement however no help getting there. The turn over is very high and there are always new faces.
You MUST always be happy and if your not fake a really good smile because there are alot of people in your face all day long that need your help and are at times very difficult and it is your job to focus on their problems and not yours. I very much enjoyed my time however I felt it was time to try something different. A bank teller is in no way a career but more of a step towards other positions..
Pros
good benefits
Cons
pay, appreciation, high stress
Very nice place to work
IMAC / Break-Fix Technician (Team Lead) (Former Employee) –  All over southern ontarioDecember 18, 2015
The job was easy doing IMAC work and the hours were good, nice people.Learned a lot about the day to day operations of the tellers. All in all it was enjoyable.
Very demanding
Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 17, 2015
Very busy and tight work schedule, with lots of pressure and targets to meet. Before the banks were to help customers as per their needs and were based on service, but now a days they are more sales oriented.
Pros
Client based
Cons
Lot of pressure
Great place to work!!
project manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 15, 2015
Lots of opportunities to develop your skillset and a very supportive management culture.

Development plans are highly encouraged at all levels of management and there is a strong commitment to developing human resources.
teller
teller (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 14, 2015
Very friendly people to work with and the ability to move up in the company.
It was great to be able to help and serve the community with all their banking needs. Getting to know them and develop relationships to help them in there banking needs.
Cons
working shift work
Call centre project Windows 7
Call Centre Support Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 8, 2015
Joined right after the project began and finished one of the largest Windows 7 Projects in the industry. Enjoyed working alongside my team leads and fellows support agents.
Pros
locker/shower room
Cons
hard to schedule lunches/breaks as no more then 2 people allowed away from call centre
Really supportive culture
Risk Management Intern (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 6, 2015
RBC is a great company to work for. It pays well, has a great corporate culture and many growth opportunities. It also has a great team culture and good vacation and pension plans.

4.2