Royal Bank of Canada

Royal Bank of Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
I worked on different projects that's why I learned new things everytime
Data Entry Operator (Former Employee), 320 Front St West, toronto , onMay 6, 2014
It is good place to work. We worked in group. It was an enjoyable project. Co-workers were helpfull and like a family members. There was no presure
RBC Bankruptcy Dept. was very busy and team oriented.
Bankruptcy Officer (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioMay 3, 2014
Pros: enjoyed team breakfasts at least once a month. this was for team building and moral.
Cons: sometimes working overtime to keep up with volume.
A typical day in Bankruptcy (RBC) existed of reviewing Bankruptcy Documents from Trustee's and Lawyers. Review client information and take appropriate action to ensure there is no further losses to RBC.
Learned how easy is is for people to over extend themselves financially, without realising consequences.
Worked with a great team. We shared ideas and – more... information.
Got along well together.
Management very supportive and open to new ideas.
Hardest part of the job was speaking and coaching distraught customers.
Most enjoyable part of my job was making customers feel comfortable and not alone in their situation. – less
Administration/ Clerical/Reception (Former Employee), Toronto, downtownMay 2, 2014
Pros: you get all staff banking ie free
Cons: you work only 7'5 hours
Of course this is a Bank and to get in the Bank is difficult but if you get in do not leave at any cost.
RBC was a good company to work for.
Account Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton ABMay 1, 2014
RBC was a bigger company than CWB. I enjoyed my 15+ years with them.
corporate actions department
Senior Administrator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 26, 2014
Pros: benefits are not bad
Cons: manager rude. .. long dated procedures, long hours
The manager shouldn't be in charge of anyone. He's rude and not knowledgeable. The procedures are dated and they are not open to change at all. They make you do crazy over time hours and do not care that you have a life outside of work
RBC, an excellent place to work
Senior Account Manager and Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Montreal, QCApril 23, 2014
RBC is a good place to work. I enjoyed every aspect of my job, except the solicitation part. The Customer service is excellent and the Clients appreciated very much the way they are served.
Co-workers are very cooperative. There is a good team spirit.

The hardest part of the job is to reach a certain goal in $$$, which is not always obvious.

The most – more... enjoyable part of the job is when Employees are being recognized for their success and effort, throught RBC's Rewards and Recognition program. – less
Routine Based Work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 15, 2014
Independent Work
No work group interactions
Face paced work
Flexible timings, encouraged part time school.
Work at nights, cleaning bank and customer areas
Custodian (Current Employee), Comber, ONApril 9, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, can go anytime after hours
Cons: low pay
- dusting
- moping
- vacuum
- wiping down dirty surfaces (counters, bath rooms)
- i work alone
- co-workers are very nice and polite
- work 5 days a week
I Love the Customer Service Industry
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Montreal, QuebecApril 9, 2014
Pros: one on one interaction with the clients, using my customer service skills to help them with their needs
Cons: having to meet quotas and goals by going behind a colleagues back to do it
I Pride myself in my Great Customer Service Skills, I feel at my most comfortable when I am serving and helping people and seeing the satisfaction in their faces. I got that satisfaction every day working for RBC. I knew my clients needs and made sure they were met every time I had the privilege of serving them. The work environment in a Bank is a little – more... different than anywhere else that I have worked at.
It is every person for themselves as there at quotas to be met within the bank and although I regularly met my quotas and goals, it was always difficult for me to have to go above someone else and if I may say go behind their backs to meet my goals with one of their customers. That is what was expected at the Bank and I myself being a Team Player Always has trouble with that part of the job. I Absolutely Loved working with the clients and serving them at the High Level that I am capable of and they appreciating me as much as I appreciated them. – less
working in fast paste
fraud/investigation specialist (Current Employee), montreal downtownApril 2, 2014
I enjoy working at my current work. Very nice environment, my colleagues are very respectful and helping. I work in a very fast paste environment, i need to keep up with the paste. it is very interesting and exciting to Work in risk and fraud department .
Goal oriented, Great core values
Commercial Credit Risk Analyst (Current Employee), Montréal, QCApril 1, 2014
­-Analysing all pertinent credit and financial information. Includes analysis of the following: financial ratio, cash flow, stress testing/sensitivity analysis, collateral summary, discounted cash flow analysis.
­-Calculating risk grades for new and existing credit relationships above 1MM$ CDN.
­-Proactively identifying operational risk loss events – more... and controlling deficiencies and risks
­-Advising accounts managers on all credit related matters including loan structure, regulatory requirements and Bank policies and procedures – less
Intense and fast peace work enviorment
Derivative Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 1, 2014
Maintain a good relationship with Investment Manager and Broker

Experienced different derivative products including futures, options, forwards, SWAP etc.
Great growth opportunity
Client Service Representative (Former Employee), markhamMarch 31, 2014
- A typical day is start 9 am at the counter to serve the clients' to complete the transactions and explore the sales opportunities

- Has very systematic training and provides grow opportunity

- What I have learned most is to get familiar with the banking system and gain knowledge of operation in the branch
need more money
Account Service Agent- Global Banking Service (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 31, 2014
Pros: lunch hour 30 min and 2 15 min short break
Everyone had their own desks to do. Each of them were able to complete all requests without having to stay late, in part because each person was able to manage their time with expertise, and because each was aware and compassionate upon the needs of the other. We were able to do this by communicating when they needed help and the others made themselves – more... available to assist. Good team work place – less
Productive and Gained Knowledge
Client Service Representative (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 26, 2014
On a daily basis I helped many different clients from different age group, backgrounds and profession. I learnt so much about providing best client services. Also I gained knowledge about company polices and procedure. My management is very supportive and acknowledges my hard work on weekly basis. Also the co-workers at my work is very friendly and – more... we work as a team. we help each other out when needed. the hardest part of job can be sometimes stress. As working at a bank can be a little stressful than other customer service related job as it can be sensitive, very detail oriented based. However the best part is that end of the day providing good services to clients and make them happy and hear praises for my work feels really good. – less
Horrible Branch culture
Client Service Representative (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONMarch 24, 2014
Pros: work life balance is worth it compared to other professions.
Cons: badly managed, unprofessional people, no protection from customers, pay is not that great or worth it.
I worked in many Branches and the older people who have been in there forever love to power trip. Also lots of jealousy if younger people were given jobs that took the older workers 10 years to attain. Instead of blaming the system they take it out on the young workers and make it harder for them to enjoy working there such as picking on them more than – more... others especially young women. Young men seem to be loved by all the older women who worked there maybe because they seem them like a son or something. There is lots of phycological research to back this up I just never thought it would happen to me. I was just in shock how badly managed and mistreated people were in the branch. I also worked at least 8 branches within Vaughan over my time there and saw lots of examples of this. They need to teach professionalism and how not to be sexist or racist at work. This could have something to do with being in the suburbs.

On top of that if you can't handle customer service jobs, banking is tough since people are even more nervous about their personal finance. So you must be mindful of that if you go into the branch environment. Also, there is no protection from customers. I have seen them throw bank books at people, harass the tellers and branch managers. Very hostile environment. Other countries have glass enclosures such as England and Australia in Canada we don't. I now realize why. – less
Banking is free
Administration/ Clerical/Reception (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioMarch 24, 2014
Pros: banking free
Cons: short hours
Lunches, subsides. They have trips but you pay for them. BBQ, potlucks
Positive Place to Work
Quality Control Administrator (Current Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 19, 2014
Pros: free lunches
RBC is a good employer and very supportive of their employees.
Excellent company
Mortgage Resolutions Officer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 10, 2014
Pros: bonus and other freebies
Cons: some days can really be stressful just like any organizations
Very educational in terms of financial matters.
In the department, corporate view of performance has recently been switched to production in terms of quantity which is good in some ways as people became more competitive.
Great people, compastionate management and nice environment
Technical Service Analyst - RBC (Current Employee), 320 Front Street, Toronto, ONMarch 9, 2014
Pros: the people
Cons: the travelling
A typical day of work would include various onsite tasks supporting RBC branch environments through out Ontario. New hardware installs due to end of lease equipment and or net new requests, configuring of network printers and server support when required. Off the road and in the office, typically consist of second level incidents tickets of PC and hardware – more... related problems, various tasks such as Blackberry device setups an other miscellaneous IMAC request.

Hardest part of the job was the travelling. Constant travel throughout Ontario an in most cases doing morning and evening work due to various locations within a given geographical location.

Co-workers are great, very helpful and considerate. My Manager worked very hard to allocate and distribute workloads evenly. – less