Royal Bank of Canada

Royal Bank of Canada Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
I Love the Customer Service Industry
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Montreal, QuebecApril 9, 2014
Pros: one on one interaction with the clients, using my customer service skills to help them with their needs
Cons: having to meet quotas and goals by going behind a colleagues back to do it
I Pride myself in my Great Customer Service Skills, I feel at my most comfortable when I am serving and helping people and seeing the satisfaction in their faces. I got that satisfaction every day working for RBC. I knew my clients needs and made sure they were met every time I had the privilege of serving them. The work environment in a Bank is a little – more... different than anywhere else that I have worked at.
It is every person for themselves as there at quotas to be met within the bank and although I regularly met my quotas and goals, it was always difficult for me to have to go above someone else and if I may say go behind their backs to meet my goals with one of their customers. That is what was expected at the Bank and I myself being a Team Player Always has trouble with that part of the job. I Absolutely Loved working with the clients and serving them at the High Level that I am capable of and they appreciating me as much as I appreciated them. – less
working in fast paste
fraud/investigation specialist (Current Employee), montreal downtownApril 2, 2014
I enjoy working at my current work. Very nice environment, my colleagues are very respectful and helping. I work in a very fast paste environment, i need to keep up with the paste. it is very interesting and exciting to Work in risk and fraud department .
Goal oriented, Great core values
Commercial Credit Risk Analyst (Current Employee), Montréal, QCApril 1, 2014
­-Analysing all pertinent credit and financial information. Includes analysis of the following: financial ratio, cash flow, stress testing/sensitivity analysis, collateral summary, discounted cash flow analysis.
­-Calculating risk grades for new and existing credit relationships above 1MM$ CDN.
­-Proactively identifying operational risk loss events – more... and controlling deficiencies and risks
­-Advising accounts managers on all credit related matters including loan structure, regulatory requirements and Bank policies and procedures – less
Intense and fast peace work enviorment
Derivative Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 1, 2014
Maintain a good relationship with Investment Manager and Broker

Experienced different derivative products including futures, options, forwards, SWAP etc.
Great growth opportunity
Client Service Representative (Former Employee), markhamMarch 31, 2014
- A typical day is start 9 am at the counter to serve the clients' to complete the transactions and explore the sales opportunities

- Has very systematic training and provides grow opportunity

- What I have learned most is to get familiar with the banking system and gain knowledge of operation in the branch
need more money
Account Service Agent- Global Banking Service (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 31, 2014
Pros: lunch hour 30 min and 2 15 min short break
Everyone had their own desks to do. Each of them were able to complete all requests without having to stay late, in part because each person was able to manage their time with expertise, and because each was aware and compassionate upon the needs of the other. We were able to do this by communicating when they needed help and the others made themselves – more... available to assist. Good team work place – less
Productive and Gained Knowledge
Client Service Representative (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 26, 2014
On a daily basis I helped many different clients from different age group, backgrounds and profession. I learnt so much about providing best client services. Also I gained knowledge about company polices and procedure. My management is very supportive and acknowledges my hard work on weekly basis. Also the co-workers at my work is very friendly and – more... we work as a team. we help each other out when needed. the hardest part of job can be sometimes stress. As working at a bank can be a little stressful than other customer service related job as it can be sensitive, very detail oriented based. However the best part is that end of the day providing good services to clients and make them happy and hear praises for my work feels really good. – less
Horrible Branch culture
Client Service Representative (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONMarch 24, 2014
Pros: work life balance is worth it compared to other professions.
Cons: badly managed, unprofessional people, no protection from customers, pay is not that great or worth it.
I worked in many Branches and the older people who have been in there forever love to power trip. Also lots of jealousy if younger people were given jobs that took the older workers 10 years to attain. Instead of blaming the system they take it out on the young workers and make it harder for them to enjoy working there such as picking on them more than – more... others especially young women. Young men seem to be loved by all the older women who worked there maybe because they seem them like a son or something. There is lots of phycological research to back this up I just never thought it would happen to me. I was just in shock how badly managed and mistreated people were in the branch. I also worked at least 8 branches within Vaughan over my time there and saw lots of examples of this. They need to teach professionalism and how not to be sexist or racist at work. This could have something to do with being in the suburbs.

On top of that if you can't handle customer service jobs, banking is tough since people are even more nervous about their personal finance. So you must be mindful of that if you go into the branch environment. Also, there is no protection from customers. I have seen them throw bank books at people, harass the tellers and branch managers. Very hostile environment. Other countries have glass enclosures such as England and Australia in Canada we don't. I now realize why. – less
Banking is free
Administration/ Clerical/Reception (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioMarch 24, 2014
Pros: banking free
Cons: short hours
Lunches, subsides. They have trips but you pay for them. BBQ, potlucks
Positive Place to Work
Quality Control Administrator (Current Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 19, 2014
Pros: free lunches
RBC is a good employer and very supportive of their employees.
Excellent company
Mortgage Resolutions Officer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 10, 2014
Pros: bonus and other freebies
Cons: some days can really be stressful just like any organizations
Very educational in terms of financial matters.
In the department, corporate view of performance has recently been switched to production in terms of quantity which is good in some ways as people became more competitive.
Great people, compastionate management and nice environment
Technical Service Analyst - RBC (Current Employee), 320 Front Street, Toronto, ONMarch 9, 2014
Pros: the people
Cons: the travelling
A typical day of work would include various onsite tasks supporting RBC branch environments through out Ontario. New hardware installs due to end of lease equipment and or net new requests, configuring of network printers and server support when required. Off the road and in the office, typically consist of second level incidents tickets of PC and hardware – more... related problems, various tasks such as Blackberry device setups an other miscellaneous IMAC request.

Hardest part of the job was the travelling. Constant travel throughout Ontario an in most cases doing morning and evening work due to various locations within a given geographical location.

Co-workers are great, very helpful and considerate. My Manager worked very hard to allocate and distribute workloads evenly. – less
Brilliant experience - Best Contract Ever
eLearning Developer (Former Employee), TorontoFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: great work environment, great compensation, excellent and enjoyable work assignments.
As a contractor, I was treated like staff. They were friendly and interesting, enthusiastic and inclusive. The work was interesting and rewarding.

Probably depends on the group you are in.
Investigative Minds
Fraud Agent (Former Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 23, 2014
This job was fun in the sense that I was able to assist people at some the most crucial moments that life can bring upon us (theft, fraud, etc). I felt like assisting people calling in and also educating them on the banking methods best to protect themselves was the most rewarding as you could always hear the appreciation in their voices for sharing – more... good practices. – less
Loved dealing with people on a daily basis.
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: company culture
-Respond to client-initiated contacts, delivering fast and efficient service, assisting with financial transactions such as deposits, withdrawals, cheque cashing/ordering, bill payments, money orders and transfers, and foreign currency exchanges.
-Resolve problems at first point of contact where possible and refer more complex situations to senior officers.
Phone interaction with people
Bilingual Human Resources Consultant (Former Employee), 6880, Financial Drive, Mississsauga, OntarioFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: interaction. exposure.
Cons: performing hr over the phone.
Log in on Peregrine call centre system to take in calls from employees. The experience was interesting in terms of exposure but lacked the face to face interaction. The team was great and very supportive. The Management was very present. The hardest part of the job was to convey emotions, human solutions, global people concern management over the phone. – more... If the same could have been done face to face the impact would have been more productive and effective. Eye contact, empathy, interpersonal and two way feedback is essential in bringing adequate solutions to the context.
The most enjoyable side of the job was the ability to contribute alleviating people's issues. Listening and trying to assist people in finding solutions. To counsel and to try your very best in providing adequate information to people's needs. – less
Great place to work with lots of advancement opportunities!!!
Client Service Representative (Current Employee), Markham, ONFebruary 14, 2014
A large organization with endless opportunities for success. This job allows me a flexible schedule for employment and family time.
A fun place to learn about what happens behind the sceens of a bank
Data processor assistant supervisor (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: fun staff and extra curricular activities
Cons: long hours and distance to work
I worked for the Royal Bank Data center, it was all data processing we were the crew that imputed visa payments and check cashing. we had hourly deadlines and usually worked overnight. Due to debit card and on line banking a majority of data centers have since closed.
An excellent work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 6, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with other people and working in teams.
n/a
Account Manager (Expert) (Current Employee), Abbotsford, BCFebruary 3, 2014
work life balance is a priority of the bank, salary comparable with industry but can get more with other FI depending on your skillset, micro-management ordinary norm with managers, too much meetings.