Royal Bank of Canada Employee Reviews in Canada

Great place to work!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLMarch 8, 2015
RBC was a brilliant company to work for. The staff was supportive, and the company was very employee focused. The company operated through weekly goals and achievements were set out to each employee, and it was each employees responsibility to meet these goals. There was a clear way to measure your success and advancement, and a truly effective internal education systems.
Pros
great staff, competitive work hours. great work life balance.
Cons
the salary was not terrible high.
customer service
customer service (Former Employee) –  Laval, QCJanuary 2, 2016
customer service , selling product and service to customers , accountable for money and service . the only disadvantage was traveling 4 hrs work a day to each branch
Pros
the benefits
Cons
no steady scheduals
Good secure Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONSeptember 22, 2015
Was a stimulating work enviroment with a variety of customers that made it interesting. Lots of chances for advancement.

Assisted with customer banking transactions while providing quality service
• Worked in a fast paced environment that is self-directed
• Replaced lost or stolen cards
• Assisted in case resolution for both customer and business customers
• Worked the cash cage and ordered money for the branch
• Top sales in Visas and other business packages
Opportunity to grow in your career.
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Stouffville, ONNovember 5, 2015
Great place to work and lots of opportunity.Great benefits and lots of opportunity to grow. Structured courses to help you stay on truck.
flexible work Environment
Banking Advisor (Former Employee) –  Markham, CanadaApril 5, 2016
Royal Bank of Canada i the leading Bank in North America and Itt provides all Banking solutions to the customers. It looks after the financial needs of customers from Day to day banking to credit and Investments. I was a Banking advisor specialist in personal banking and doing credit application as well investment in mutual funds for my clients.
Productive and Inspiring work culture
Deployment Analyst (Current Employee) –  Downtown,TorontoNovember 17, 2015
It was inspiring great day to work with a nice team and great management persons.Learned a lot and able to use my skills and expertise to solve application related issues
Pros
Emiment place
Very busy and demanding environment, Great employees. Serve clients with advice and opportunities
SALES & SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE - CARDS ADVISOR (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 24, 2016
good working environment, structured and excellent training modules.

Multicultural employee base and giving equal opportunity to everyone capable makes it unique and friendly environment to work.
Pros
Multicultural environment
Cons
lacks motivational events for employees
Productively consistent customer file quality maintanance
Customer Service Provider (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONOctober 26, 2015
I enjoyed helping RBC Clientele with their everyday banking needs. I learned a lot about the internal workings of the banking industry in Canada.
Pros
Great benefits, flexible work hours, friendly Staff
Cons
Occasional disgruntled customer
Healthy environment with lots of new challenges
QA Lead (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 9, 2014
1. I was a backup QA lead for one of the projects, and the day i started, there was a Severity 1 issue which has to tested and provide sign off. So contacted Technical Support Analyst and Business teams and based on the transition that i had got from my colleague, i could manage the task.
2. Confidence, analyzing problem and raise alarm in the right time to right person is what i learnt.
3. Management was so supportive and they helped me in finding right contact who can help me in getting more information.
4.Apart from very few tough situations, it was always a wonderful team with very co-operative co-workers and learnt to maintain the synergy in the team.
5. Transit project in the middle to some other QA lead is the hardest part of my job so far.
6. I love the QA lead role that am doing, very co-operative team and the environment.
Stable employment, little/no opportunity for growth
Office Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 30, 2015
RBC is a stable, well-respected organization, highly conservative and still quite traditional in thinking. The organization desires growth, but is unable/unwilling to invest the time/resources to be agile and transformative.
good environment
Sr. Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON, CanadaApril 20, 2015
-great company to work for.
-good compensation
-good co-workers
-adequate training

Work/life balance, competitive compensation, company values, high integrity within the financial services industry, opportunity for personal growth, accessible corporate structure
Pros
good compensation
good working enviroment
Secretary, Term Deposits (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCNovember 17, 2015
Worked with a group of nice people. Fun place to work. Learned customer service skills. Good working hours with good benefits.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
easy travelling
Culture of High Accountability
Branch Manager Keil Dr (Current Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONMay 2, 2016
Demanding yet rewarding career opportunities. Provides the ability to impact and influence people and their own personal development. Community involvement is highly encouraged and supported. Diverse culture and always looking for new thoughts, ideas and experiences.
Working at RBC
Investigations Agent (Current Employee) –  483 Bay StreetNovember 12, 2015
Progressive and industrious atmosphere. I was able to learn how to carry out three different roles withing the department. My managers were very supportive and guided me in the write direction.My co- workers are also very supportive. They never hesitated to help me when I need. The hardest part of the job is ensuring to be accurate at all times. Checking work over and over to ensure that no stone is left on turned . The most enjoyable part is being able to feel that level of accomplishment derived from good work
Pros
Recognotion for good work
Cons
It is in Toronto and I live in Mississauga
Great place to work for, great benefits and extensive learning possibilities.
Loans Review Officer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCSeptember 28, 2015
Productive days and excellent client care service. Team player and great rapport with supervisors and co-workers. Every day was challenging. Client contact was done internally (branches and different departments) and externally (clients).
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Nil
Ambiguos and Fast Paced Environment
Executive Assistant/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 9, 2016
Lots to learn, a great place to work. Opportunities within the bank to move ahead. A phenomenal bank who stands by it's values.
It is nice place to work
Technical Lead (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 19, 2016
Though it is nice place to work, i would like to explore different opportunities and different work environments.

Most of the time, we used to occupy complete 8 hours and along with that we used to have our offshore call after hours.We have very healthy work environment and got a chance to learn many things.
It was valuable experience with nice colleagues.
Collection Officer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 10, 2016
Valuable experience. You/your views are always respected and are given free hand to do your job. The most enjoyable part is that you are never alone (TL and colleagues are always ready to help you out). But the workload keeps you busy.
Great place to work! one of the best employers in Canada
QA Lead (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 24, 2016
Great place to work.

Awesome people to work with. Learnt a lot on accessibility testing.
Working with offshore teams and multiple vendor environment.
Pros
Free bank account
Cons
restricted to work elsewhere. outside activities are monitored.
Nice management team
Sales and Marketing Associate at Knew sales group (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 25, 2016
Manager was very supportive.
Flexible timings
Great team work
Conference calls for problem sharing and solutions
Get help from co-workers to daily operations

Less Growth opportunity