Royal Bank of Canada

Royal Bank of Canada Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Brilliant experience - Best Contract Ever
eLearning Developer (Former Employee), TorontoFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: great work environment, great compensation, excellent and enjoyable work assignments.
As a contractor, I was treated like staff. They were friendly and interesting, enthusiastic and inclusive. The work was interesting and rewarding.

Probably depends on the group you are in.
Investigative Minds
Fraud Agent (Former Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 23, 2014
This job was fun in the sense that I was able to assist people at some the most crucial moments that life can bring upon us (theft, fraud, etc). I felt like assisting people calling in and also educating them on the banking methods best to protect themselves was the most rewarding as you could always hear the appreciation in their voices for sharing – more... good practices. – less
Loved dealing with people on a daily basis.
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: company culture
-Respond to client-initiated contacts, delivering fast and efficient service, assisting with financial transactions such as deposits, withdrawals, cheque cashing/ordering, bill payments, money orders and transfers, and foreign currency exchanges.
-Resolve problems at first point of contact where possible and refer more complex situations to senior officers.
Phone interaction with people
Bilingual Human Resources Consultant (Former Employee), 6880, Financial Drive, Mississsauga, OntarioFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: interaction. exposure.
Cons: performing hr over the phone.
Log in on Peregrine call centre system to take in calls from employees. The experience was interesting in terms of exposure but lacked the face to face interaction. The team was great and very supportive. The Management was very present. The hardest part of the job was to convey emotions, human solutions, global people concern management over the phone. – more... If the same could have been done face to face the impact would have been more productive and effective. Eye contact, empathy, interpersonal and two way feedback is essential in bringing adequate solutions to the context.
The most enjoyable side of the job was the ability to contribute alleviating people's issues. Listening and trying to assist people in finding solutions. To counsel and to try your very best in providing adequate information to people's needs. – less
RBC
Project Manager (IT Operations) (Current Employee), United Kingdom (London)February 16, 2014
I have been working at RBC (Capital Markets) for more than 4 years and involved in successfully managing/delivering a number of projects. All work has been carried out professionally following the company standard project management framework and taking into consideration auditing aspects.

The Project work involves deploying new implementations, decommissioning – more... of historical/redundant Systems or managing quarterly system upgrades with the vendor. Currently working on Windows 7/Office 2010 upgrade for Capital Markets covering London Ops.

Few projects were truly global in nature where the team spanned from Sydney, Hong Kong, London and Toronto, all across different time zones. Progress Review meetings had to be split to cover APAC/London and London/Toronto.

In addition to the above, my role also involves working on Business As Usual (B.A.U) Enhancements Projects. This entails working closely with the stakeholders (business users, sponsors, vendors/internal IT Teams) to discuss and prioritise enhancements requests, acquire dev estimates, obtain approvals from the sponsors and finally progress to implement those Enhancements. – less
Great place to work with lots of advancement opportunities!!!
Client Service Representative (Current Employee), Markham, ONFebruary 14, 2014
A large organization with endless opportunities for success. This job allows me a flexible schedule for employment and family time.
A fun place to learn about what happens behind the sceens of a bank
Data processor assistant supervisor (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: fun staff and extra curricular activities
Cons: long hours and distance to work
I worked for the Royal Bank Data center, it was all data processing we were the crew that imputed visa payments and check cashing. we had hourly deadlines and usually worked overnight. Due to debit card and on line banking a majority of data centers have since closed.
An excellent work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 6, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with other people and working in teams.
n/a
Account Manager (Expert) (Current Employee), Abbotsford, BCFebruary 3, 2014
work life balance is a priority of the bank, salary comparable with industry but can get more with other FI depending on your skillset, micro-management ordinary norm with managers, too much meetings.
Excellent working environment
Bilingual Claim Analyst Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: diversified environment
Cons: did not stay long enough
Very busy and complete day.
Learned much about Long Term Disability issues
Manager was very nice and approachable
Co-workers were very nice and helpful overall
A great place to start your career in the financial sector
Cards Customer Services Representative (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: great management support, great team atmosphere
Cons: sometimes repetitive nature of work
A typical day basically consists of receiving calls form current and prospective clients concerning credit card products currently offered by RBC. I dealt with any and all concerns in this regard with the emphasis on ensuring that the client got the most value out of their current credit card product, or suggest a product that was better suited to their – more... needs.

Management was very thorough in educating me about the products on offer to our clients, as well as empowering us to make informed decisions with regards to assisting clients with their individual challenges.

My co-workers were a great mix of motivated individuals who, with the encouragement from management, focused greatly on team oriented goals and strived to achieve them.

The hardest part of the job was the sometimes repetitive nature of the job, as well as coming across the client to who you just could not help unfortunately.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with my team as well as suggesting a solution to a difficult challenge that greatly had a positive impact on the client. – less
Working experience
Mailroom and Distributor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: fun
Fun workplace everyday
Interactive experiences
New challenges and new people to meet
Networking
One of the best employers
Customer Care Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 18, 2014
A GREAT PLACE TO START, PROVIDING WITH A LEARNING AND IMPROVING CULTURE
Unique Situation
Cards Customer Service (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: fantastic coaching
Cons: few career opportunities
Fantastic Coaching, Wonderful Management and Staff, Far too large a company garner true appreciation, No incentives or room for advancement. Definitely a company that requires a great deal of customer service in all positions with the ability to practice patience. A large part of the culture is to push efficiency and sales which takes away from the – more... clients best interests. Shift work is required so balancing family life might be difficult. No room for accommodation when it comes to scheduling. – less
nice
Client Service Representative (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: nice
Cons: nice
Receives, processes and verifies the accuracy of orders from client utilizing the organization’s client service platform system and purchase orders

Initiates required action for response to customer service requests for order changes, including the maintenance of order.

Ensure and provides quality service to both internal and external customers.
Comfortable worplace
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 12, 2014
I was hired as a teller and the hiring manager at the time was extremely nice. She made my whole first interview experience very memorable.

As a teller, i was able to help client on their day to day transactions. I learned quickly the different products offered at the bank and that eventually helped me to manage my finance more effectively.

I like – more... Royal Bank's work culture, they will allow you to take over new challenges very early after been hired. – less
Forward thinking
Personal Banking Advisor (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 27, 2013
Excellent company with forward thinking mind set always and always trying to help you find future oppurtunities
Daily Routines of the day.
Client Service Representative (Current Employee), New Waterford, NSDecember 27, 2013
A typical day of work... come in the morning open computer and bring up all programs needed throughout the day..get the daily forecast to fill machines and TCU and empty night shoot...waiting on clients, cashing cheques, deposit cash and cheques, paying bills, processing business deposits, ensuring that the client is waited on in a timely manner and – more... ensure the client is in the right account packages according to their needs. Advise the client on new products, such as visa's, new accounts, etc. Taking ownership of any problem that arises to get the answers to their problems as quickly as possible. Provide and fill out Direct Deposit slips, Sign up clients for Online Banking, Book appointments for Financial Officers. Complete courses through RBC Campus online.

Constantly learning diffferent ways to give client advice.

Management has early morning meets to advise the staff of when there is major changes and new product. They have weekly goal meetings to ensure we meet these goals. As well as ensuring the branch runs as smooth as possible.

Co-workers are always there to help each other out when needed. If there is an issue we usually work it out amoungst ourselves.

The hardest part of the job is keeping up with all the new updates that come out of the blue especially if we have not been at the morning meets due to a later shift. And trying to read and keep up with all the email sent.

The most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with the clients. We have a great bunch of clients who not only share their issues but their witt with us. This makes for a great day that goes by fast. – less
Back Office / Insurance / Banking / Other
AML Verification Officer (Business Clients) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 19, 2013
Worked in the AML department processed AML transaction for business clients.
International high standards, Professional Environment
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 19, 2013
It is the best place I have ever worked in. High professionalism, amazing work environment, people, and initiatives.