Royal Bank of Canada

Royal Bank of Canada Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Horrible Branch culture
Client Service Representative (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONMarch 24, 2014
Pros: work life balance is worth it compared to other professions.
Cons: badly managed, unprofessional people, no protection from customers, pay is not that great or worth it.
I worked in many Branches and the older people who have been in there forever love to power trip. Also lots of jealousy if younger people were given jobs that took the older workers 10 years to attain. Instead of blaming the system they take it out on the young workers and make it harder for them to enjoy working there such as picking on them more than – more... others especially young women. Young men seem to be loved by all the older women who worked there maybe because they seem them like a son or something. There is lots of phycological research to back this up I just never thought it would happen to me. I was just in shock how badly managed and mistreated people were in the branch. I also worked at least 8 branches within Vaughan over my time there and saw lots of examples of this. They need to teach professionalism and how not to be sexist or racist at work. This could have something to do with being in the suburbs.

On top of that if you can't handle customer service jobs, banking is tough since people are even more nervous about their personal finance. So you must be mindful of that if you go into the branch environment. Also, there is no protection from customers. I have seen them throw bank books at people, harass the tellers and branch managers. Very hostile environment. Other countries have glass enclosures such as England and Australia in Canada we don't. I now realize why. – less
Banking is free
Administration/ Clerical/Reception (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioMarch 24, 2014
Pros: banking free
Cons: short hours
Lunches, subsides. They have trips but you pay for them. BBQ, potlucks
Positive Place to Work
Quality Control Administrator (Current Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 19, 2014
Pros: free lunches
RBC is a good employer and very supportive of their employees.
Excellent company
Mortgage Resolutions Officer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 10, 2014
Pros: bonus and other freebies
Cons: some days can really be stressful just like any organizations
Very educational in terms of financial matters.
In the department, corporate view of performance has recently been switched to production in terms of quantity which is good in some ways as people became more competitive.
Great people, compastionate management and nice environment
Technical Service Analyst - RBC (Current Employee), 320 Front Street, Toronto, ONMarch 9, 2014
Pros: the people
Cons: the travelling
A typical day of work would include various onsite tasks supporting RBC branch environments through out Ontario. New hardware installs due to end of lease equipment and or net new requests, configuring of network printers and server support when required. Off the road and in the office, typically consist of second level incidents tickets of PC and hardware – more... related problems, various tasks such as Blackberry device setups an other miscellaneous IMAC request.

Hardest part of the job was the travelling. Constant travel throughout Ontario an in most cases doing morning and evening work due to various locations within a given geographical location.

Co-workers are great, very helpful and considerate. My Manager worked very hard to allocate and distribute workloads evenly. – less
Brilliant experience - Best Contract Ever
eLearning Developer (Former Employee), TorontoFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: great work environment, great compensation, excellent and enjoyable work assignments.
As a contractor, I was treated like staff. They were friendly and interesting, enthusiastic and inclusive. The work was interesting and rewarding.

Probably depends on the group you are in.
Investigative Minds
Fraud Agent (Former Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 23, 2014
This job was fun in the sense that I was able to assist people at some the most crucial moments that life can bring upon us (theft, fraud, etc). I felt like assisting people calling in and also educating them on the banking methods best to protect themselves was the most rewarding as you could always hear the appreciation in their voices for sharing – more... good practices. – less
Loved dealing with people on a daily basis.
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: company culture
-Respond to client-initiated contacts, delivering fast and efficient service, assisting with financial transactions such as deposits, withdrawals, cheque cashing/ordering, bill payments, money orders and transfers, and foreign currency exchanges.
-Resolve problems at first point of contact where possible and refer more complex situations to senior officers.
Phone interaction with people
Bilingual Human Resources Consultant (Former Employee), 6880, Financial Drive, Mississsauga, OntarioFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: interaction. exposure.
Cons: performing hr over the phone.
Log in on Peregrine call centre system to take in calls from employees. The experience was interesting in terms of exposure but lacked the face to face interaction. The team was great and very supportive. The Management was very present. The hardest part of the job was to convey emotions, human solutions, global people concern management over the phone. – more... If the same could have been done face to face the impact would have been more productive and effective. Eye contact, empathy, interpersonal and two way feedback is essential in bringing adequate solutions to the context.
The most enjoyable side of the job was the ability to contribute alleviating people's issues. Listening and trying to assist people in finding solutions. To counsel and to try your very best in providing adequate information to people's needs. – less
Great place to work with lots of advancement opportunities!!!
Client Service Representative (Current Employee), Markham, ONFebruary 14, 2014
A large organization with endless opportunities for success. This job allows me a flexible schedule for employment and family time.
A fun place to learn about what happens behind the sceens of a bank
Data processor assistant supervisor (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: fun staff and extra curricular activities
Cons: long hours and distance to work
I worked for the Royal Bank Data center, it was all data processing we were the crew that imputed visa payments and check cashing. we had hourly deadlines and usually worked overnight. Due to debit card and on line banking a majority of data centers have since closed.
An excellent work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 6, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with other people and working in teams.
n/a
Account Manager (Expert) (Current Employee), Abbotsford, BCFebruary 3, 2014
work life balance is a priority of the bank, salary comparable with industry but can get more with other FI depending on your skillset, micro-management ordinary norm with managers, too much meetings.
Excellent working environment
Bilingual Claim Analyst Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: diversified environment
Cons: did not stay long enough
Very busy and complete day.
Learned much about Long Term Disability issues
Manager was very nice and approachable
Co-workers were very nice and helpful overall
A great place to start your career in the financial sector
Cards Customer Services Representative (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: great management support, great team atmosphere
Cons: sometimes repetitive nature of work
A typical day basically consists of receiving calls form current and prospective clients concerning credit card products currently offered by RBC. I dealt with any and all concerns in this regard with the emphasis on ensuring that the client got the most value out of their current credit card product, or suggest a product that was better suited to their – more... needs.

Management was very thorough in educating me about the products on offer to our clients, as well as empowering us to make informed decisions with regards to assisting clients with their individual challenges.

My co-workers were a great mix of motivated individuals who, with the encouragement from management, focused greatly on team oriented goals and strived to achieve them.

The hardest part of the job was the sometimes repetitive nature of the job, as well as coming across the client to who you just could not help unfortunately.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with my team as well as suggesting a solution to a difficult challenge that greatly had a positive impact on the client. – less
Working experience
Mailroom and Distributor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: fun
Fun workplace everyday
Interactive experiences
New challenges and new people to meet
Networking
One of the best employers
Customer Care Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 18, 2014
A GREAT PLACE TO START, PROVIDING WITH A LEARNING AND IMPROVING CULTURE
Unique Situation
Cards Customer Service (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: fantastic coaching
Cons: few career opportunities
Fantastic Coaching, Wonderful Management and Staff, Far too large a company garner true appreciation, No incentives or room for advancement. Definitely a company that requires a great deal of customer service in all positions with the ability to practice patience. A large part of the culture is to push efficiency and sales which takes away from the – more... clients best interests. Shift work is required so balancing family life might be difficult. No room for accommodation when it comes to scheduling. – less
nice
Client Service Representative (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: nice
Cons: nice
Receives, processes and verifies the accuracy of orders from client utilizing the organization’s client service platform system and purchase orders

Initiates required action for response to customer service requests for order changes, including the maintenance of order.

Ensure and provides quality service to both internal and external customers.
Comfortable worplace
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 12, 2014
I was hired as a teller and the hiring manager at the time was extremely nice. She made my whole first interview experience very memorable.

As a teller, i was able to help client on their day to day transactions. I learned quickly the different products offered at the bank and that eventually helped me to manage my finance more effectively.

I like – more... Royal Bank's work culture, they will allow you to take over new challenges very early after been hired. – less