Royal Bank of Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONNovember 3, 2015
Good, needs higher pay. good learning experience. not much room for growth.

Good training program. Taught me how to set foot in the real world
Mortgage Specialist
MORTGAGE SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 30, 2015
100% commission role. You have to have a very strong network of people and referrals to succeed in this role. It's a HIGHLY stressful and competitive role.
Productively consistent customer file quality maintanance
Customer Service Provider (Former Employee), Barrie, ONOctober 26, 2015
Pros: Great benefits, flexible work hours, friendly Staff
Cons: Occasional disgruntled customer
I enjoyed helping RBC Clientele with their everyday banking needs. I learned a lot about the internal workings of the banking industry in Canada.
Good place to work.
Business Client advisor (Former Employee), Fort McurrayOctober 16, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours
Cons: Not enough hours
I enjoyed working there. There is a team environment. The hours of work were flexible, just not enough hoursAll in all a good work experience and environment..
Very supportive team
CONTROL CUSTODIAN-CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee), White River, ONOctober 16, 2015
Pros: Management Support
Cons: Travel/branch location
If my branch was closer and open longer hours I would not of left RBC. The management team was approachable and very supportive of my learning and advancement goals. RBC had a great benefit and compensation program, along with a tremendous training program
Difficult workplace with key perks
Client Advisor and Alternate Business Teller (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 9, 2015
Grow over time based on sales moreso than service levels. Co-workers are decent people to communicate with but too many changes over time from them moving as well as with upper management. Difficult to keep team environment formed. Big company but there can be little growth depending on the educational background someone has come from, excluding finance or IT specialties. The most enjoyable part of the job is the relationship building with the clients that come in, especially if they are open to add-ons from the products or services mentioned in their account profiles.
Offering great client service
Senior Client Service Representative (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 8, 2015
Serving clients - was most enjoyable, to help them to resolve their problems, to give them a right advice or to answer their questions. Very often clients question required to search for a new information as policies changes, so it was a constant learning process. Collaboration with the colleagues was vey enjoyable as well.
One of the best places to work for
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 7, 2015
Pros: very open minded and collaborative teams
Cons: not so great pay rates
Excellent environment to work, great and highly knowledgeable teams, exceptional tools & training to appropriately facilitate delivery
Decent, but leave/move up before you plateau
Client Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 6, 2015
Pros: good benefits & incentives
Cons: pay is low for the responsibilities
RBC is becoming a retail company, seeking to compete with US banks.
I worked as a teller, so if you want to move up from there you need to sell a lot of product. Otherwise more education is required.

The benefits are good, like employee purchases, insurance, and health points, and there are good incentives to perform well.

The culture really depends on the neighborhood branch you work in, and your managers. Often the staff I worked with were good to be around, with some exceptions.

As with customer service jobs, there can be some stress with clients but the key is to calm their stress.

Know RBC policy, and cover your self.
productive
Java/J2EE Developer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 6, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management.
Productive place to work, great people
ACCOUNT SERVICE AGENT/ DATA ENTRY (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 1, 2015
Pros: Good company, good work environment
Cons: outsourcing
I've worked at two different RBC locations, once as regular full time staff, and the other as a temp placement. Both experiences were great. There is a degree of office politics, but that is hard to avoid for large companies. There is lots to learn, and knowledge transfer happens quickly.

The downside was that when I was employed as a regular employee, I worked the night shift, and it became too difficult to commute, and work at night. If I had found placement during the day, I would have liked to stay.
Great place to work for, great benefits and extensive learning possibilities.
Loans Review Officer (Former Employee), Montréal, QCSeptember 28, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: Nil
Productive days and excellent client care service. Team player and great rapport with supervisors and co-workers. Every day was challenging. Client contact was done internally (branches and different departments) and externally (clients).
Good secure Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Burlington, ONSeptember 22, 2015
Was a stimulating work enviroment with a variety of customers that made it interesting. Lots of chances for advancement.

Assisted with customer banking transactions while providing quality service
• Worked in a fast paced environment that is self-directed
• Replaced lost or stolen cards
• Assisted in case resolution for both customer and business customers
• Worked the cash cage and ordered money for the branch
• Top sales in Visas and other business packages
Great company to work for
Technical Service Analyst (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 15, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them.
overall poor management
Senior Team Leader (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCSeptember 4, 2015
overall rbc is a good company to work for but not all of the management follow the RBC values. My fellow co-workers are the most enjoyable part of the day
Great work life balance
Marketing Manager (Current Employee), TorontoSeptember 1, 2015
RBC is a great place to work because of the people that work there and the projects they undertake. It has a strong belief in work to life balance.
Amazing workplace and co-workers to work with.
Technical system analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 26, 2015
Pros: flexible workplace
Cons: sometimes slow work pace.
It was Great workplace, Great team members and other co-workers
great learning experience and great Culture. would love to work again when gets the Opportunity.
A great place to learn and take ownership of huge projects
QA Lead (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Good learning, huge technical challenges to solve
Cons: Badly managed timelines for resource planning and project implementations
RBC IT is a full fledged Technology company and the T&O is completely dedicated to implement the latest and greatest cutting edge technologies to help clients get the best out of their banking experience.
Anyone who has the urge to grow and take up huge challenges in IT and technology development will have a lot of avenues to learn, implement and grow their technical knowledge.
Overall Very Good
Senior Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioAugust 24, 2015
Pros: Leading edge, very professional.
Cons: Work hours can be long
RBC has a job for everyone. It is a good place to work with an excellent reputation. Many long tenured employees with valuable knowledge.
Good Luck
Client Care Advisor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 6, 2015
It's a great company to start your career off at. Had a chance to learn while providing my expertise in commodities and financial analysis.. I learned a lot about the financial industry but i finally realized t that the job was not for me.