Royal Bank of Canada

Royal Bank of Canada Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Pushing instead of managing people.
/Account Manager/Mutual Funds Representative (Current Employee), Surrey, BCOctober 22, 2014
Not happy. Too much stress. Not happy. Too much stress. Not happy. Too much stress
Not happy. Too much stress
Not happy. Too much stress
Excellent
Technical Systems Analyst (Former Employee), TorontoOctober 21, 2014
Pros: opportunities to learn, people, job culture.
The people are very friendly and knowledgeable.
Always happy to help.
Was a wonderful learning experience working there as a co-op student.
Excellent QA Processes
QA Lead/Manager (Current Employee), toronto, onOctober 20, 2014
Learning and inculcating the QA processes and SDLC process is a hallmark at RBC
Fun
ACCOUNT SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 2, 2014
Normal 9-5 job. I learned how to manage papers for mortgages and sort cheques.

Fun to work with fellow student part-timers.

Team-leaders are nice and understanding for us students.
Day at work
Relationship Officer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 1, 2014
Lots of exposure and experiencing the great professional advancement at work.
fast pace environment
Client Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 26, 2014
Providing excellent customer service in a fast pace environment.
Fun work place
Lead Data Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 21, 2014
Good place to learn easy learned testing skills and sdlc methodlogy
RBC
Counter Measure Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 21, 2014
Great company to work for. Great work environment. Great to their employees.
Good development of individual at branch level, HR open to promote when recommend,
Branch Administrator/Account Officer (Former Employee), Toronto, OnSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: customer focus, good opportunities for promotions if you were willing to show initative, salary was comparable
Cons: none other than downsizing in 1996
I spent 19 years with the Royal Bank and I thoroughly enjoyed the entire experience due to the diversity of the roles I learned. Starting as a teller and moving through all the roles within the branch. Then running my own branches to be promoted again to the Multi-national corporate side of the business.

Customer service was number one and everyone I had the pleasure to meet/deal with held the same objective.
Great workplace
Credit Care Specialist (Former Employee), Montréal, QCSeptember 9, 2014
Many opportunities available for advancement within the company.
productive and easy
Teller (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCSeptember 7, 2014
My co-workers are very friendly and nice to me, which encourage me to work hard and contribute a lot at workplace. I'm happy to offer my distinguish service to customers effectively and efficiently. The need of customers is number one duty for me to focus on, especially when the customers who have special requirements in my workplace are much more important.
Very resourceful workplace
Co-op placement (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: loved working here!!!
Enjoyed resolving credit card disputes.
Loved the staff and most importantly exceeding my target of transactions for the course of the day.
Sometimes tends to be repetitive.
Higher management was helpful and had strong work ethics, which had a great impact on me!
Managers love to see co-workers excel. Cultural Diversity is key in dealing with clients.
Client Assistance Officer (Current Employee), Calgary ABAugust 30, 2014
Co-workers are easy to get a long with, going to work is not a job, its going to spend time with family.
Great Company / Poor work/life balance
HR (Current Employee), TorontoAugust 29, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits and retirement plans
Cons: challenging work/life balance
While I am proud to be working for a Canadian Bank, most specifically RBC, I am finding it challenging to maintain a work/life balance due to management's views towards flexible hours.
Fast Paced environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Mississauga, OntarioAugust 27, 2014
Pros: time flies
High Prodcutive
Fast Paced
Mulit tasking
Fun Place
Great people
Junior IT Auditor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 24, 2014
Pros: lots of team building events
Cons: no cons
The Management is great and they are very respective of their new hires. Typical day at work is working on the assisted audit, meeting clients. It is a great opportunity to learn about different professions.
fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Dieppe, NBAugust 24, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: salary
I love working at RBC serving the clients, co-workers are amazing to be around and lot's of laughter.

The most important thing I have learned is to work as a team and that there is never no stupid question.

My most enjoyable part of my job is helping client's and seeing them leave wit a smile, that just makes my day.
Senior HP Nonstop Developer_Base24 Classic
Senior Technical System Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 21, 2014
➢ Development, business analysis, design engineering, software implementation/installation management, development management, software installation, user testing, and client training.
Fast-paced, and fun enviornment
Fraud Agent (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 30, 2014
On a daily basis, I would have to report and communicate with my managers and supervisor. I have dealt with customers personal bank accounts, and helped them secure it. My main task was to multitask between looking over counterfeit cheques and inform the clients on what has transpired. I have enjoyed working with my follow co-workers as well as the management team.
Fun, fast paced work environment.
Senior Fraud Officer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 24, 2014
Pros: fun work environment
Cons: 24/7 work environment
Working for RBC has taught me how to work in a team environment as well as how to be self managed. There was always lots of things happening at once, so being able to multitask, work under pressure to avoid fraud losses, and meet strict deadlines was part of a typical day for me. Management and co-workers were like family; we always helped each other out and did whatever we had to do to get the job done properly. The hardest part of the job was having live fraud happening where the bank was losing lots of money and it was my responsibility to find the point of compromise to minimize losses as quickly as possible.I enjoyed stopping the fraudsters in their tracks and seeing them be unsuccessful because of my hard work to fight fraud. I will miss RBC. My wife has accepted a role at St. George's Hospital and that is why we moved to the UK. I am Canadian but also obtained my Italian citizenship. I feel that my outstanding customer service skills, banking experience, and outgoing personality will make me an asset to any team/work place I join. I'm looking for a fun work environment where I can learn a lot, have room for growth and at the end of the day love the people that I work with and be happy and proud of my career.