Royal Bank of Canada

Royal Bank of Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A serious but exciting work environment
Banking Advisor (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 10, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
Dealing with people's money is always serious. But who says working with a team of individuals needs to be? You can have fun at work, do a great job and enjoy your clients and colleagues all at the same time. That's the advantage of dealing with RBC. They treat the clients like royalty. It's a good bank.
Great
Manager, IT Infrastructure Finance (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 9, 2015
great place to work along with awesome team members; leaders have a vision and direction to take RBC directionally forward; flexbile environment
RBC An Amazing Place to Work
Senior ITIL Process Engineer - Contract (Current Employee), Toronto, OntarioMarch 9, 2015
RBC is a great corporation. Management has a great pulse on their employees and is actively involved in developing their resources.
Great place to work!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), St. John's, NLMarch 8, 2015
Pros: great staff, competitive work hours. great work life balance.
Cons: the salary was not terrible high.
RBC was a brilliant company to work for. The staff was supportive, and the company was very employee focused. The company operated through weekly goals and achievements were set out to each employee, and it was each employees responsibility to meet these goals. There was a clear way to measure your success and advancement, and a truly effective internal education systems.
Loans
Loans Administrator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 5, 2015
Working in Royal Bank of Canada opened me the doors in the Canadian financial industry and gave me great experience with loans and corporate credit.
security
Fraud Booster Prevention Investigator (Current Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: good atmosphere
Cons: slow days but its normal
The work has its demands and it is a quick pace overall it is routine and analytical thinking. In enjoy solving complex problems.
A silent place set for work hard to know who is sited next to you
Technical Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto ONFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: room for growth
Cons: hard to make friends
A silent place set for work hard to know who is sited next to you. Management team works closely with team members.........................................................................................................................................................................................................
A huge company with many opportunities but also lots of politics
Analyst (Current Employee), TorontoFebruary 9, 2015
A lot of opportunities within the company. However, the management does not give clear direction, and there is a lot of politics
Providing the right advice to every client is what makes you appreciate the work you do.
Client Advisor (Former Employee), Strathroy, ONFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: great employee discounts
Cons: scheduling
A typical day at work would be providing clients with the necessary advice to achieve their everyday banking needs.

Cashing cheques, paying bills, receiving and cashing out, preparing drafts, etc.

I learned how to be creative and be extremely analytical of a clients profile and provide the correct advice that will guide their financial portfolio to the best suited situation.

management is great, and supportive. Guiding and providing the necessary tools to help their employees succeed.

Co-workers are fun and energetic and help you whenever the help is needed.

The hardest part of the job is making sure to keep knowledge of the products and policies of the financial sector.

The most enjoyable part of this job was providing clients with the right advice and knowing the client is walking out satisfied with the service that I provided to help them achieve their financial goal.
not what it used to be
Credit Fulfillment Officer (Former Employee), torontoJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: hmmmmmm
Cons: still outsourcing canadian jobs to india
The Banking industry has changed drastically,
The outsourcing continues to go offshore to India.

a typical day is no talking with co workers, management on
your butt full time,
management only promotes managers and managers
kids. for all the people still working there i feel for you all.

All summer students have a mom or pop in the big leagues
who come in knowing nothing at all and are paid premium salaries
while the people who actually do the work get treated like
3rd world workers.

No opportunity for advancement as much as they chant in the public eye,

sad situation all around. RBC should be RBI
Royal bank of India,

pick up a phone in any branch and dial 611 - you will be linked up with a rep from India !

Canadian jobs need to stay here in CANADA

The hardest part of the job was dealing with shady management
always out to hinder everyone with outsourcing threats for the last 4 years.

Not a place I would recommend for employment going forward.
fun work place
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 28, 2015
Its was fun to work in that place,very lovely environment.All the team members were very helpful.Not only my QA team all the teams (Dev,Business)were very co operative.My mangaer was very good.It was a good chance for me learn more new things and new soltions.
Very tensed
Collection Agent (Former Employee), Mississauga, OntJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: close to home
Cons: wasn't challenging
My day started, by answering incoming calls from clients. I was on a dialer, and I always had to answers calls, without any breaks.
Best Company
Manager Internal Controls (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 23, 2015
Best managed company I have ever worked in. Really focuses on employee engagement.
update later
Direct Invest Funds Transfer Administrator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 22, 2015
I have gained experience about the back office administration for wealth management and learned a lots about the development process in IT development team.
Fast paced and informative worksite
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee), 315 Front St. west TorontoJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: fun to work with team mates and informative job
Cons: no free lunch
attend meetings, answer emails, manage incident tickets, troubleshoot incidents and deploy/manage applications

learned SCCM, HPQC HPSM 7 and 9

very fun-to-work-with and creative team
Enjoyable, efficient and educational work place environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJanuary 14, 2015
Working at the Royal Bank of Canada was a rewarding experience. It allowed me to use my exceptional organization skills on a large scale within my branch, and to contribute to the productivity of RBC in the south western division as a whole. Many of my ideas and innovations were applied throughout the branches in Windsor.

Working as a central teller I dealt with business clients, with a large variety of issues and concerns. I managed the needs of small business owners to large corporations. In addition to assisting my clients I was solely in charge of all monies processing through the branch on a daily basis. I was able to implement many time saving strategies as well as new technologies into the branch systems with ease.

Working as a customer service representative I dealt with mainly personal clients. From simple tasks to large scale investigations I was the first point of contact on a daily basis. My passion for the job and my clients was apparent with each client I had, and I was commended on many occasions for my due diligence and personal attitude of compassion.

In the time I worked within the Royal Bank, I learned a great deal about how to assess a persons needs, current and future, based on a few moments of conversation. I exceeded my sales goals on a qaurterly to yearly basis, which contributed to the success of my branch as a whole.

Within the branch I worked with a small team, and we worked together to raise eachother up. This teamwork was essential in our success. It is beacuse of this team attitude that we were able to successfully catch and prevent many fraudulent attempts, while always manitaining our goals of putting the clients first.
Great Environment
Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 13, 2015
Great Managers, co-workers, work-life balance.

A lot of room for advancement.
politics are played alot in the branch I worked at
CSR (Former Employee), Barrie, ONJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: opportunity for advancement is avalible
Cons: politics
I have no comment I have no comment I have no comment

N/A
Great work/life balance
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 4, 2015
Royal Bank of Canada has a work-life balance and is a great place to work at.
friendly envoiment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Markham &Sheppard BranchDecember 30, 2014
I enjoyed work there this only institution understand people like me very helpful co-workers if I want to work this is the right place for me
I can improve my ability there also there is plenty of opportunity to advance this is a ideal work place to be