Royal Bank of Canada

Royal Bank of Canada Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A silent place set for work hard to know who is sited next to you
Technical Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto ONFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: room for growth
Cons: hard to make friends
A silent place set for work hard to know who is sited next to you. Management team works closely with team members.........................................................................................................................................................................................................
A huge company with many opportunities but also lots of politics
Analyst (Current Employee), TorontoFebruary 9, 2015
A lot of opportunities within the company. However, the management does not give clear direction, and there is a lot of politics
Providing the right advice to every client is what makes you appreciate the work you do.
Client Advisor (Former Employee), Strathroy, ONFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: great employee discounts
Cons: scheduling
A typical day at work would be providing clients with the necessary advice to achieve their everyday banking needs.

Cashing cheques, paying bills, receiving and cashing out, preparing drafts, etc.

I learned how to be creative and be extremely analytical of a clients profile and provide the correct advice that will guide their financial portfolio to the best suited situation.

management is great, and supportive. Guiding and providing the necessary tools to help their employees succeed.

Co-workers are fun and energetic and help you whenever the help is needed.

The hardest part of the job is making sure to keep knowledge of the products and policies of the financial sector.

The most enjoyable part of this job was providing clients with the right advice and knowing the client is walking out satisfied with the service that I provided to help them achieve their financial goal.
not what it used to be
Credit Fulfillment Officer (Former Employee), torontoJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: hmmmmmm
Cons: still outsourcing canadian jobs to india
The Banking industry has changed drastically,
The outsourcing continues to go offshore to India.

a typical day is no talking with co workers, management on
your butt full time,
management only promotes managers and managers
kids. for all the people still working there i feel for you all.

All summer students have a mom or pop in the big leagues
who come in knowing nothing at all and are paid premium salaries
while the people who actually do the work get treated like
3rd world workers.

No opportunity for advancement as much as they chant in the public eye,

sad situation all around. RBC should be RBI
Royal bank of India,

pick up a phone in any branch and dial 611 - you will be linked up with a rep from India !

Canadian jobs need to stay here in CANADA

The hardest part of the job was dealing with shady management
always out to hinder everyone with outsourcing threats for the last 4 years.

Not a place I would recommend for employment going forward.
fun work place
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 28, 2015
Its was fun to work in that place,very lovely environment.All the team members were very helpful.Not only my QA team all the teams (Dev,Business)were very co operative.My mangaer was very good.It was a good chance for me learn more new things and new soltions.
Very tensed
Collection Agent (Former Employee), Mississauga, OntJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: close to home
Cons: wasn't challenging
My day started, by answering incoming calls from clients. I was on a dialer, and I always had to answers calls, without any breaks.
Best Company
Manager Internal Controls (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 23, 2015
Best managed company I have ever worked in. Really focuses on employee engagement.
update later
Direct Invest Funds Transfer Administrator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 22, 2015
I have gained experience about the back office administration for wealth management and learned a lots about the development process in IT development team.
Fast paced and informative worksite
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee), 315 Front St. west TorontoJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: fun to work with team mates and informative job
Cons: no free lunch
attend meetings, answer emails, manage incident tickets, troubleshoot incidents and deploy/manage applications

learned SCCM, HPQC HPSM 7 and 9

very fun-to-work-with and creative team
Enjoyable, efficient and educational work place environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJanuary 14, 2015
Working at the Royal Bank of Canada was a rewarding experience. It allowed me to use my exceptional organization skills on a large scale within my branch, and to contribute to the productivity of RBC in the south western division as a whole. Many of my ideas and innovations were applied throughout the branches in Windsor.

Working as a central teller I dealt with business clients, with a large variety of issues and concerns. I managed the needs of small business owners to large corporations. In addition to assisting my clients I was solely in charge of all monies processing through the branch on a daily basis. I was able to implement many time saving strategies as well as new technologies into the branch systems with ease.

Working as a customer service representative I dealt with mainly personal clients. From simple tasks to large scale investigations I was the first point of contact on a daily basis. My passion for the job and my clients was apparent with each client I had, and I was commended on many occasions for my due diligence and personal attitude of compassion.

In the time I worked within the Royal Bank, I learned a great deal about how to assess a persons needs, current and future, based on a few moments of conversation. I exceeded my sales goals on a qaurterly to yearly basis, which contributed to the success of my branch as a whole.

Within the branch I worked with a small team, and we worked together to raise eachother up. This teamwork was essential in our success. It is beacuse of this team attitude that we were able to successfully catch and prevent many fraudulent attempts, while always manitaining our goals of putting the clients first.
Great Environment
Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 13, 2015
Great Managers, co-workers, work-life balance.

A lot of room for advancement.
politics are played alot in the branch I worked at
CSR (Former Employee), Barrie, ONJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: opportunity for advancement is avalible
Cons: politics
I have no comment I have no comment I have no comment

N/A
Great work/life balance
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 4, 2015
Royal Bank of Canada has a work-life balance and is a great place to work at.
friendly envoiment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Markham &Sheppard BranchDecember 30, 2014
I enjoyed work there this only institution understand people like me very helpful co-workers if I want to work this is the right place for me
I can improve my ability there also there is plenty of opportunity to advance this is a ideal work place to be
Friendly and productive work environment
ACCOUNT MANAGER/CSR TRAINEE (MBA Intern) (Current Employee), Vancouver IslandDecember 22, 2014
Great training opportunities and a friendly work environment.

Speaking from my experience as a minority, I would say RBC as an organization strives to maintain equality and promote diversity in the work environment but it is yet to translate in the realities in the general environment.Many staff still struggle with this. Hence some racist tendencies. But if you have built a tough skin as an individual then you should be fine
Operations Coordinator
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), TillsonburgDecember 11, 2014
Tiltran was purchased by The City of St. Thomas which is now called Ascent.

Same job duties as Ascent
Healthy environment with lots of new challenges
QA Lead (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 9, 2014
1. I was a backup QA lead for one of the projects, and the day i started, there was a Severity 1 issue which has to tested and provide sign off. So contacted Technical Support Analyst and Business teams and based on the transition that i had got from my colleague, i could manage the task.
2. Confidence, analyzing problem and raise alarm in the right time to right person is what i learnt.
3. Management was so supportive and they helped me in finding right contact who can help me in getting more information.
4.Apart from very few tough situations, it was always a wonderful team with very co-operative co-workers and learnt to maintain the synergy in the team.
5. Transit project in the middle to some other QA lead is the hardest part of my job so far.
6. I love the QA lead role that am doing, very co-operative team and the environment.
I liked the working environment in RBC and my team mates.
Automation Facilitator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 7, 2014
Business Analysis and Facilitation Skills:

Experienced in capital markets business analysis as an automation facilitator. Responsible for business analysis and worked in Foreign Exchange trading platforms. Experienced running the trading software “Fidessa” and generated reports. Experienced in financial accounting working with front, middle and back offices.
•Responsiblefor drive the direction of automation across all the business verticals of Capital Markets particularly in those business verticals that do not have dedicated testing resources.
•Responsible for the creation, execution of test cases based on business requirements to ensure quality delivery of software. Formulated, managed a defined automation processes as framework, coding standards, script structure and ensured all standards are met. Provided guidance on complex application development projects. Dealt with small to large development or maintenance projects with multiple function, multiple application projects with multiple interfaces and/or 3rd parties.
•Presented automation plan/approach, effort and schedules to the application team with long term goal/vision of functional automation to the application. Ensured planning and automation approach contains full vision of automation and potential for automating new functionality. Worked with developers/application team for maintenance and development projects ensuring all platform requirements are met to ensure automation scripts can run in the test environment. Analyzed projects, requirement documents to identify test requirements. Developed master/automation – more... test strategy and plan.
•Worked closely with developers to ensure that functional requires are understood and verify that the functional workflows of the automation scripts are in keeping with the functions being automated and flexible enough to be expanded for future automation efforts. Partners across IT and assigned business lines to test new or existing software in order to ensure requirements are met. Mitigated shortcomings of application documentation/ staffing shortages/ automation tool limitations to manage risk and prevent the failure of the testing initiative.

Quality Assurance Skills:

•Managed the defined QA processes to ensure all standards are met.
•Worked as QA representative on new application development or maintenance projects.
•Worked with offshore team on QA deliverables and bridge the communication between QA offshore team and project teams, analyzed project or requirement documents to identify test requirements.
•Coordinated/ documented actual test results & responsible for the end-to-end tracking of all issues found. Walked through the QA Test Results with automation analyst & communicated status to project leaders. Assisted in defect investigation & escalation. Provided back-up to other QA testing projects as required. Provided assistance to ensure business acceptance, user acceptance and system integration. Collaborated other IT areas to identify and improve testing tools and approaches. Provided expertise, direction, training and coaching to offshore staffs. Used QA software for defect management, regression, performance or automation testing. Deal concurrently with business demands and technological challenges while managing client expectations in a vertically integrated testing organization. Responsible for communication & leading offshore teams on QA deliverables.
•Developed Master Test Strategy and Plan. Provided QA estimates to projects. Developed the Test Case documents according to the Master Test Plan. Walkthrough the QA Test Cases and the QA Test Plan with the QA Team prior to execution. Executed test cases. Coordinated/Documented actual test results and responsible for the end-to-end tracking of all issues found. Walkthrough the QA Test Results with the QA Team and communicate status to Project leaders.
•Assisted in defect investigation and escalation. Provided input to QA metrics on all projects including defect rates and root cause analysis. Assisted Release Manager with department monthly metrics and PowerPoint presentations.
•Participated in Change Advisory meetings if required. Partake in Work Intake Committee to provide weekly estimates to business units when required. Provided backup to other QA testing projects as required.
•Provided the QA automation team with application functionality workflow. Contributed towards Target Test Automation Savings and Reuse. Used defined/new methodologies and software to test new technologies/ system functionality of simple to high complexity to ensure business acceptance, user acceptance and system integration. Collaborated with other areas within IT to identify and improve testing tools and approaches. Used software tools for defect management.
•Tested applications thoroughly to ensure that the risk of promoting changes to production are minimized. Identified quality issues to protect the production environment.
•Provided direction, expertise, feedback, coaching and development to build the capability of offshore teams. Enhanced skills and builds knowledge in all aspects of the organization, the business and information systems.

Systems/Tools used:

IT Standards, Methodologies, Waterfall/Agile SDLC methodologies, CMM and audit requirements, Data Warehouse Environment, Knowledge of Teradata, Testing tools, Testing approaches/ methodologies, Automation approaches/ tools/workflows, SQL, QTP, HPQC, Software performance testing, Business line(s), business processes knowledge. – less
Friendly and enjoyable workplace
Account Manager (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONDecember 4, 2014
Pros: good hours, good location, great staff
Cons: pressure to hit always-increasing sales goals
A typical day consisted of meeting with clients to provide advice on personal financial products offered by the bank. Every day provided new learning opportunities whether it be a scenario a client presented if there was an issue with one of their products, a new product being offered by the bank, a new system to use, or a problem encountered during the course of daily activities. Management was very accommodating and provided flexibility when required. Co-workers were very friendly and eager to help if you were stuck. Hardest part of the job was ensuring that nothing was forgotten about whether it be calling back a client, completing pending transactions, or completing a task assigned. The most enjoyable part of the job was when a client thanked you for providing good advice and leaving happier than when they arrived.
fast paced
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 2, 2014
fast paced job which is always changing. there is a high team dynamic and alot of opportunities for advancement