Royal Bank of Canada Employee Reviews in Canada

Never a repeated day....
Senior Project Manager-Digital Strategy (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 20, 2016
As a PM, my typical day is anything but typical. I am balancing between providing guidance to all my project team members, delegating tasks, communicating to stakeholders, while dealing with sponsor requests, meetings, and emails.

I am also a "Change Champion" for an enterprise-wide shift to agile methodology. As a Senior PM, my expertise and approach to change is valuable and utilized to explain, demonstrate and instill the changes.

I am constantly learning, as every project I have is with a different line of business that is jumping on the bandwagon of digital. I've worked directly with Mobile and on-line banking and Cards & Payments.

Management is good at RBC, although more transparency about decisions that affect the division, needs to be more forth coming.

I love the people I work with - supportive, fun and always willing to pitch in for the project.

The hardest part of the job is navigating through how other people work, but that is also the most fun part (as I am a real people person).

I am at a point in my career where I know I can go to the next level - either as a Change leader and Program Manager or as a leader in a Program Management Office (PMO).

I also recently spent a few weeks in Ireland and fell in love with the entire country, the people, and culture. Plus, knowing that Dublin is becoming a force to be reckoned with in the tech industry, it has solidified my decision to continue my career in Ireland.
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
Not challenging enough for me at this point
Productive and fun work environment
CREDIT REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 20, 2016
A typical day at RBC would be either 3pm - 11pm at the contact centre or 9am - 5:30pm.

I'd come into work, turn my computer on. Once on I'd open up outlook to check emails, view and manage my daily schedule.

At the contact centre level once I checked my emails and read any daily news and tips that were provided by RBC, I would open up all my tools and applications I would need for the day and would log into the Avaya system and assigned sales campaign to start taking calls. I'd have two 15 minute breaks and one 30 minute lunch break for the day. So for the entire day aside from breaks I would be on the phones taking outbound calls where the system (Avaya) would dial predetermined RBC clients targeted for the specific campaign I was calling out of. I would contact anywhere from 40-60 clients a day and speak to them.

The main goals of the calls were to save and or make the client money so depending on the campaign I would try to help the client out by telling them the reason for the call, using my active listening to identify any opportunities for me to the RBC client out. If I was successful in helping the client out I would take care of it myself over the phone or book an appointment if client preferred. Through out my tenure at the RBC Royal Direct contact centre I would receive coaching and training as required by RBC. They would make sure their employees including myself were well trained with products and tools so when speaking to clients I would sound professional and knowledgeable.

During my time at the RBC branch I would start my day by coming in
  more... at 8:30am and turning on my computer and once again reading all my unread emails and checking my schedule with what face to face appointments I had with clients. I would create and setup personal client folders for their appointments based on what the appointment was about and any other relevant information for them to go over. If I didn't have a face to face appointment I would take the time to plan my next day, make follow up calls to clients and clients looking to potentially book an appointment. I would also continue and/or finish administration work dealing with past client appointments including credit applications such as a credit line or mortgage or GIC/mutual fund purchases. At the end of the day I would wrap up my sales and appointments by making end notes.  less
Pros
Working with a large team and great leaders
Cons
Commitment periods
Great Culture & Fun workplace
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSJuly 17, 2016
I start at 7:00 AM with updating my daily voice message, checking my email, checking my scheduled daily appointments, schedule outbound phone calls to attract new business. I enjoyed helping clients achieved their financial goals.
Pros
Great work & family balance
Cons
lots of travelling
Ph&n
Access Control Administrator (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJuly 17, 2016
Nice company, but not the typical IT environment. If you are looking for a good job, yeah sure, but if you like that flexible startup atmosphere, maybenot
Pros
Free drinks, nice location
Cons
Lack of consistency in the processess
Good Place to work
Developer Lead (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 15, 2016
Have learned a lot and the experience here help me grow professionally. My technical skills were well utilized and provided an opportunity to learn and work on new technologies
Very much customer oriented - always looking for ways to enhance the customer experience
Customer Assistant Officer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCJuly 9, 2016
The quarterly meetings were very much full of knowledge. Due to so much turnover at the branch it was at times challenging to keep up with different styles and approaches used to implement new policies and procedures.
Pros
incentives for making more sales at the end each month
Cons
Too much Management turnover
Very supportive colleagues and great co-op experience
IT Usability Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 5, 2016
I worked as a co-op student at an IT team with RBC. I am not an IT student, but my supervisor spent great efforts helping me grow. The vibe of the team was supportive. Team members had lunch together and shared stories from both work and life. In addition, RBC offers great employee benefit package.
Role of Manager Client Care
Communications
Revenue Growth Generation
Branch Management
Due Diligence
 Manage sales of bank products, new business, operations, customer service, and Client Advisors activities at retail banking center and work with regulatory compliance, internal policies and procedures.
observational coaching of 12 Client Advisors oversee weekly and monthly sales to determine if goals met.
Ensuring a smooth running of bank transactions, responding to financial and banking queries.
Handling client queries face to face, over the phone or via correspondence.
Good work life balance but not enough development
Quality Assurance Lead (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 4, 2016
Work Life balance is good but development opportunity is very limited and based on connections not capabilities.
Flexible work hours allowed.
Pros
Work life balance, Flexibility
Cons
No growth
Good Organization to work for, no sense of individuality
Banking Advisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 4, 2016
Management very inflexible and too much into office politics rather than employee development. Great training program.
Productive and fun
Account Service Representative (Former Employee) –  200 king street westJuly 3, 2016
A typical day at work included counting cash,coins and checks and balancing them according to business deposit transactions.
Pros
Room for growth
Cons
Schedule Conflict
Such a great, fun place to work
Quality Assurance Analyst - Co-op (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 22, 2016
The team environment is great, management is supportive of career advancement, team leads will support you and report a job well done to management. Competitive salary and great benefits. If you work hard, you'll do well here.
Pros
Boss's treat!
Cons
None I can think of
Rbc
Client Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONJune 22, 2016
It was a great working experience. Professional and Exciting everyday. Amazing Colleagues who were knowledgeable and always willing to go the extra mile
great company
Client Advisor (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ONJune 19, 2016
constructive and supportive work experience, feeling of value in your position. advancement opportunities and great in number. want to see you succeed in targets and offer guidance and support in getting you the numbers you want. goal setting mentality. RBC culture and community involvement are great. benefits and perks are awesome.
Pros
benefits, steady pay, vacation pay, points and rewards, end of year bonus
Cons
tirsome doing the same thing every day, no commision in targets
Great company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 19, 2016
Nice place to start your consulting career and understand and work with various partners and clients. Provides exposure to various businesses / industry and helps build strong business foundation
Excellent co-workers
PERSONAL BANKING ADVISOR (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 17, 2016
Amazing people to work with in the company. There is no limitation on growth with in Royal bank. Excellent Management and amazing work atmosphere.
Good salary/benefits
Manager, Retail and E-commerce Rewards (contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 16, 2016
Good work/life balance;
Good salary/benefits;
Good employee training programs;
Company is too big and sometime react to changes in a slow pace;
Productive place to work
Commercial Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 15, 2016
Good employer and place to start a career. Great training for the commercial account manager in Toronto.
The hardest part of the job is the balance between life and work. Be ready to do extra shift. Poor management team, a lot of employee turnover.
RBC is good, if you don't want a high impacting career
Banking Advisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 14, 2016
lacking in career opportunities for those who are driven. I feel that RCB could do better if they had higher levels of advancement.
Great co-workers
Expert Client Advisor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 7, 2016
RBC is a great place to work. However, the growth is minimal and salary is on the lower end of the market.

The organization is a diverse place and a lot of passionate worker.

4.2