Royal Bank of Canada Employee Reviews in Canada

Productive place to work, great people
ACCOUNT SERVICE AGENT/ DATA ENTRY (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 1, 2015
I've worked at two different RBC locations, once as regular full time staff, and the other as a temp placement. Both experiences were great. There is a degree of office politics, but that is hard to avoid for large companies. There is lots to learn, and knowledge transfer happens quickly.

The downside was that when I was employed as a regular employee, I worked the night shift, and it became too difficult to commute, and work at night. If I had found placement during the day, I would have liked to stay.
Pros
Good company, good work environment
Cons
outsourcing
Downtown project one of the biggest in North America
Call Centre Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 30, 2016
Part of a overnight team that made sure migrations were reported and documented. Various Escalations to be made whenever major problems occured
Pros
downtown location with all the amenities
Cons
Good place to work with great people
Manager, Finance (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 1, 2015
RBC is a great place where you meet with great people. Meetings are efficient, job culture is nice and management know what is important.
Management treat the employee like family.
License Insurance Advisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 22, 2016
Excellent work environment, friendly work place.
Employee have access to training and development.
Great office environment all employees are very friendly professional.
Pros
Great Management and nice work place
Cons
Small company
Not a very good work/life balance or job culture
Banking Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto ONMay 12, 2015
A typical day would include coming in and sitting at a different desk each day, taking about 70-80 calls per day. The hardest part of the job is the hours that seem to be extremely late. The culture there is not a fun work environment. Management is looking at company's overall business needs rather than employees needs.
Pros
Great benefits and pay, free banking
Cons
high retention, late hours, no work/life balance, management is focused on company needs, quick to replace employees
Excellent place to work
Senior Developer | Solution Architect (Current Employee) –  CAFebruary 26, 2016
I have learent a lot and grown up as an indivual in the current role. the oppurtunities presented had made a better person out of me
Pros
Good team
Cons
Career move
Challenging and Fun Environment
Fraud Agent, National Fraud Detection Group (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 24, 2016
I like how everyday there are new challenges that come our way that need to be solved. A lot of analytical thinking is involved within the investigations. I like working there in the summer because I get to meet and network with many individuals my age. The hardest part about the job is that I don't see myself progressing within this department. I love being involved in different committees throughout work and having that balance within the workplace itself.
Pros
Large Institution
Cons
No growth within my department
productive and fun work place
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 20, 2016
It is a place that gives you new task and new ideas every day. The work environment is friendly and very good.

The hardest part is that it keeps you on your toe every time.
Pros
free lounch
Cons
Professional team and a fun workplace
Technical Systems Analyst Co-op (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 24, 2016
I have nothing but positive things to say about my time at RBC. I worked with a team of professional software developers in an Agile environment and I learned a great deal from all of them. I became very good at reading and debugging other peoples code, as I spent a lot of time fixing code defects. I learned a lot about JavaScript and AngularJS as well as working within the ASP.NET ecosystem.
Pros
Independence to work on what you want
Cons
Can be difficult to stand out in such a large corporation
front line to face customers, deposit cash and cheques, verify cheques, withdraw cheques, withdraw cash, transfer money, bill payment,
Teller (Former Employee) –  North York, ONDecember 2, 2015
Fun work place, happy and cooperative coworkers, supportive management. I learn to be more confidence and know how to deal with customers and difficult clients. Very nice and helpful management and coworkers. Very positive in every aspects.
Pros
lots of learning opportunities
Cons
stressful
Great environment
Banking Advisor- Contact Center (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCJanuary 18, 2016
Great collegues, always willing to help.
teamwork is also very important.
Off phone activities when business is not busy to ensure courses are done or listen to collegues who would need coaching on sales or being efficient on calls.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Good company with great work/life balance
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 9, 2016
RBC is a great company to work for. There is good work/life balance. Management is mostly supportive (there are some bad apples).
If you network and work hard, there are lots of opportunities and room for growth. It's a great brand to have on your resume.

The only negative is that when you move around in the company, pay bumps are limited to 2-10%. Sometimes they will be willing to pay more to candidates coming from outside, vs their existing employees which can be frustrating.
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
Pay
great company
Client Advisor (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ONJune 19, 2016
constructive and supportive work experience, feeling of value in your position. advancement opportunities and great in number. want to see you succeed in targets and offer guidance and support in getting you the numbers you want. goal setting mentality. RBC culture and community involvement are great. benefits and perks are awesome.
Pros
benefits, steady pay, vacation pay, points and rewards, end of year bonus
Cons
tirsome doing the same thing every day, no commision in targets
Difficult workplace with key perks
Client Advisor and Alternate Business Teller (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 9, 2015
Grow over time based on sales moreso than service levels. Co-workers are decent people to communicate with but too many changes over time from them moving as well as with upper management. Difficult to keep team environment formed. Big company but there can be little growth depending on the educational background someone has come from, excluding finance or IT specialties. The most enjoyable part of the job is the relationship building with the clients that come in, especially if they are open to add-ons from the products or services mentioned in their account profiles.
Really supportive culture
Risk Management Intern (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 6, 2015
RBC is a great company to work for. It pays well, has a great corporate culture and many growth opportunities. It also has a great team culture and good vacation and pension plans.
Excellent working environment, goal-oriented
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 18, 2016
A typical day at work included testing software for the bank to ensure quality services for our customers. I learned a lot about the IT section, and greatly expanded my knowledge. This job was very rewarding as it was goal oriented, and when goals were achieved the employees usually felt a great sense of accomplishment. Our days were very productive, as there was always something to do. This job taught me how to thoroughly analyze data/functions, how to effectively manage my time, and how to work with others.
Good workplace
Test Lead (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 5, 2016
A good work place with good team and great work culture. Cibc Bank gave me an opportunity to gain knowledge on some of the core applications of the bank an contributed immensely to my growth.
Learning experience
Senior Financial Report Analyst Production Support (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 19, 2016
Good experience to work with RBC one of Canada's leading bank
Enjoyed working with all level of managements
All co-workers are nice and helpful.
Rewarding and enjoyable work atmosphere with great colleagues
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONJanuary 7, 2016
Working for the RBC was a great work experience as I had the opportunity to move around to several locations, as I was hired on a contract to help cover maternity leave, vacations, sick leave etc. of full time employes, so I was able to learn a lot of the financial industry from a wide range of different people and costumers. There were obviously many obstacles to overcome, but everyone worked quite well as mentors and a team.
Pros
Great CSR experience
Cons
Long commutes
Red Ocean Industry
Prefer not to disclose (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 26, 2016
Varies from department to department. Overall culture has cost cutting as the overriding theme and can be challenging from a capacity perspective.

4.2