Royal Bank of Canada Employee Reviews

Productive and Fun
Junior Planning Analyst (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONAugust 23, 2016
Fun, awesome learning experience, diversified management, co-workers are really flexible, most enjoyable part was about being given different opportunities
Exceptional Place to Work
Mutual Fund Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 23, 2016
RBC Shareholder Services is an exceptional place to work. Great manager and co-workers.Great team support and fostering of team spirit.
Pros
Great Salary
Cons
Some times Long Hrs in Peak Season
Great company
Banking Advisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 22, 2016
RBC is a great company to work for, although the shift work can be tedious at times. They are fair and consistent with the hours given, plus the benefits are decent, although it could be a bit cheaper.
Stimulating workplace
Client Advisor (Current Employee) –  685 W Hastings streetAugust 22, 2016
The Royal Bank of Canada is a great workplace to be apart of. I have acquired excellent customer service skills through my daily interactions with clients.
Nice colleagues. little risk
Operations Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 20, 2016
I find that banks do not take much risk, so if you are in the IT field and looking for something cutting edge, this isn't for you although the people are quite pleasant to work with and you will learn a lot otherwise.
Na
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 14, 2016
- Great environment to work
- Friendly staff
- Motivating senior management
- Enhanced my skill set.
- Proper learning opportunities
- Adequate work load
Lots of room for movement
Sr. BA/QA Analysis (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 14, 2016
everyday presented different fires to be fought. I learned to think quickly and rely on others for their expertise. My co-workers were amazing to work with and felt like a family were everybody pitched in to get the job done right the first time.
Pros
work from home
Cons
A challenging environment to work.
Banking Advisor (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBAugust 14, 2016
A challenging environment to work. It takes personal interest and drive to survive here.

The training here is top notch. Performance expectation is very high.
A typical large organization
Communications Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 11, 2016
Like any publically traded, profit driven enterprise, RBC pays a great deal of lip service to their values and how important a role their people play in the bank's success. But make no mistake, unless you have significant tenure, an online MBA from Harvard and are willing to "bleed blue", your importance will only go so far. One term that speaks to the "culture" at RBC is hierarchical. As a low to mid-level employee, you're often discouraged from questioning decisions or seeking clarification. And like virtually all large enterprises, lines of business at RBC operate in their own silos, making cross-functional collaboration challenging.
Pros
Good pay, competitive benefits
Cons
You're a very small cog in a very large machine
Awesome Colleagues!
Banking Advisor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCAugust 11, 2016
I learn new things everyday in my current role, and client satisfaction is the most important. I feel successful at my job when I know my clients are fully satisfied with my work as well.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
Long, exhausting days.
I love it
Technical Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 10, 2016
I've had great experience working at RBC. you get what you expect from working at the bank as IT. Slowly adapting new technology but it takes a long time to implement actual process. People are great, I love the culture there, especially as a member of LGBTQ, I had no problem. I got lots of support there, and I miss working at RBC.
Pros
LGBTQ friendly
Cons
need permission or ticket to implement something simple and it takes FOREVER)
Well rounded cultures and values; supports work-life balance
Accounts Payable Processor (Current Employee) –  Bedford, NSAugust 9, 2016
-Collaborative work environment
-Great work-life balance
-Flexibility; option to work from home
-Management supports involvement
-Lean-Six Sigma process improvements encouraged
Very Good Work Environment
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 4, 2016
I have worked here as a coop and is a very good work environment and friendly work space. I loved working here very much. Very nice building and comfortable working space.
Good
Banking Advisor (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCAugust 3, 2016
Excellent opportunity to learn more about personal finance and work with great people at a large organization. A typical day entails meeting numerous new/existing clients to meet their banking needs.
Fun place to work
Operations Specialist (AML/FRAUD) (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCAugust 2, 2016
The Royal bank of Canada is a multicultural place to work, they take care of their employees, very high standards, and work ethics.

A very top employer
Professional and respectful employee relationships
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCAugust 2, 2016
RBC concentrates on core values such as integrity, respect, privacy and diversity.
RBC gives opportunity to hard working individuals to grow and succeed.
Pros
Competitive salary
Cons
corporate environment with focus on sales volume penetration
Senior Account Manager Business-Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 23, 2016
I champion retail in store experience as branch champion. Where, the focus is on identifying and offering tailored holistic advice, to our business and personal clienteles. Acting as branch manager for branch operations and provide ongoing coaching to banking advisors and client care representatives. Ensuring, a high level of employee capability and engagement through focused sales routines. Regular morning huddles, focus team building synergy through insight that brings out the best in people.
Improve my skill and excellent work environment
Verification Officer (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QCJuly 22, 2016
A typical day start with assisting manager in assigning various deals to 7 auditors of about around 200 deals each and I learned that
I need to be fast and accurate as well as and manage good number of deals to work all time in auditor queue and my co-workers were excellent.

The hardest part was that after assigning and forwarding decline mortgage deals I hardly got time to help auditors in auditing and I
enjoy all job duties
Never a repeated day....
Senior Project Manager-Digital Strategy (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 20, 2016
As a PM, my typical day is anything but typical. I am balancing between providing guidance to all my project team members, delegating tasks, communicating to stakeholders, while dealing with sponsor requests, meetings, and emails.

I am also a "Change Champion" for an enterprise-wide shift to agile methodology. As a Senior PM, my expertise and approach to change is valuable and utilized to explain, demonstrate and instill the changes.

I am constantly learning, as every project I have is with a different line of business that is jumping on the bandwagon of digital. I've worked directly with Mobile and on-line banking and Cards & Payments.

Management is good at RBC, although more transparency about decisions that affect the division, needs to be more forth coming.

I love the people I work with - supportive, fun and always willing to pitch in for the project.

The hardest part of the job is navigating through how other people work, but that is also the most fun part (as I am a real people person).

I am at a point in my career where I know I can go to the next level - either as a Change leader and Program Manager or as a leader in a Program Management Office (PMO).

I also recently spent a few weeks in Ireland and fell in love with the entire country, the people, and culture. Plus, knowing that Dublin is becoming a force to be reckoned with in the tech industry, it has solidified my decision to continue my career in Ireland.
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
Not challenging enough for me at this point
Productive and fun work environment
CREDIT REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 20, 2016
A typical day at RBC would be either 3pm - 11pm at the contact centre or 9am - 5:30pm.

I'd come into work, turn my computer on. Once on I'd open up outlook to check emails, view and manage my daily schedule.

At the contact centre level once I checked my emails and read any daily news and tips that were provided by RBC, I would open up all my tools and applications I would need for the day and would log into the Avaya system and assigned sales campaign to start taking calls. I'd have two 15 minute breaks and one 30 minute lunch break for the day. So for the entire day aside from breaks I would be on the phones taking outbound calls where the system (Avaya) would dial predetermined RBC clients targeted for the specific campaign I was calling out of. I would contact anywhere from 40-60 clients a day and speak to them.

The main goals of the calls were to save and or make the client money so depending on the campaign I would try to help the client out by telling them the reason for the call, using my active listening to identify any opportunities for me to the RBC client out. If I was successful in helping the client out I would take care of it myself over the phone or book an appointment if client preferred. Through out my tenure at the RBC Royal Direct contact centre I would receive coaching and training as required by RBC. They would make sure their employees including myself were well trained with products and tools so when speaking to clients I would sound professional and knowledgeable.

During my time at the RBC branch I would start my day by coming in
  more... at 8:30am and turning on my computer and once again reading all my unread emails and checking my schedule with what face to face appointments I had with clients. I would create and setup personal client folders for their appointments based on what the appointment was about and any other relevant information for them to go over. If I didn't have a face to face appointment I would take the time to plan my next day, make follow up calls to clients and clients looking to potentially book an appointment. I would also continue and/or finish administration work dealing with past client appointments including credit applications such as a credit line or mortgage or GIC/mutual fund purchases. At the end of the day I would wrap up my sales and appointments by making end notes.  less
Pros
Working with a large team and great leaders
Cons
Commitment periods

4.2