Royal Bank of Canada Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Nice management team
Sales and Marketing Associate at Knew sales group (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 25, 2016
Manager was very supportive.
Flexible timings
Great team work
Conference calls for problem sharing and solutions
Get help from co-workers to daily operations

Less Growth opportunity
royal bank
Senior Cards Advisor (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 22, 2016
royal bank of Canada sales advisor cards advisor head office call center answer phones provide advise sell cc help clients
Benefit to learn new technologies.
Business System Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 21, 2016
Pros: Nice perks
Cons: Some times long hours to work
Up-gradation with new technology
Keep every thing in writing
Friendly management
Co-workers very cooperative
Lots of paper work
Work from home
Royal Bank of Canada
Customer service (Current Employee), Rockwood, ONMarch 21, 2016
So far I have had an amazing time getting to work with the many faces of RBC. I appreciate everyday working for the Royal Bank of Canada. I am contently learning and striving for more.
Great work environment with friendly co-workers.
PROJECT COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 14, 2016
Pros: Free coffee, positive work environment, easily accessable
Contract position that was great experience.

Work consisted of dealing with various departments regarding obtaining correct information to facilitate company goal. Reviewing potential new suppliers against corporate risks.

Learning experiences were working in a dynamic corporate setting and dealing with internal stake holders that dealt with external suppliers.

Management was good, helpful.

Co-workers were positive and helpful, great team workers.

Hardest part of job was learning to interact with various internal groups, since most groups weren't fully aware of the process to be followed.

Most enjoyable was great location.
My overall view of my previous workplace.
Data Entry Clerk (contract) (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCMarch 14, 2016
It was an enjoyable work experience, and the training for the job was very efficient. A very organized company. There is emphasis for speed and accuracy and the training provided for that is superb.
Royal Bank of Canada workplace review
Technical Service Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 12, 2016
Pros: There was the occasional team outings at a restaurant.
Cons: When I needed information, often people were busy.
Working at RBC was a great experience. The people were easy to work with, and there were lots of activities for team bonding. I would get off the GO Train in the morning and walk to the office. There 8 am in the morning I would go to the cafeteria for half an hour, chat with colleges before going to my office desk to work. The hardest part of the job was the deadlines, since the tasks were time consuming. At lunch time I would go to the cafeteria or go out for lunch to meet up with follow colleges working in the same building for the hour. I would leave at 5 o'clock to catch the GO Train to go home.
Pleasantly predictable
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 7, 2016
Pros: Diversity, and career support
Cons: salary begins low
This company gives employees optimal support through not only your branch supervisor and manager, but also through their online RBC university. Which creates opportunity to set goals for career advancement.
The people are energetic and the clients are great.
good culture
Client Advisor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 2, 2016
good culture, and growth,
excellent management, ,
good co-workers,
good work locations and staff

great products and policies
great rewards and pay
Excellent place to work
Senior Developer | Solution Architect (Current Employee), CAFebruary 26, 2016
Pros: Good team
Cons: Career move
I have learent a lot and grown up as an indivual in the current role. the oppurtunities presented had made a better person out of me
Pay is great, benefits are great, hiring practices... not so much
Senior Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 23, 2016
Pros: Good bonus structure, excellent stability, excellent opportunity for advancement both within Canada and abroad, workload can be as light as you want to make it be
Cons: HIGHLY politicized environment, poor continuity of compensation across business units, a staggering number of staff who consider a 4 hour lunch break at the bar a normal work day
Having worked at a number of places in my professional career has shown me that generally a few great people carry the burden, while a much larger group show up each day with the intent to do the minimum amount possible. In no place is this more true than RBC. They have a solid corporate culture, some excellent brilliant people and leadership, and unfortunately a massive headcount of deadwood besides.

They could easily run RBC with ~35,000 good employees, however, they have almost 90,000 and a 'no fire' disposition. So while they are a great company to work for, with lots of stability and great compensation, if you happen to be one of the 'good' ones -- you will do so while being constantly reminded that you could do 1/10 of the work you are doing and yet receive the same rewards.

Overall, it is a great place to work, but like any large organization, politics is 80% of the job and there is a lot of weak links in the chain to contend with.
Management treat the employee like family.
License Insurance Advisor (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 22, 2016
Pros: Great Management and nice work place
Cons: Small company
Excellent work environment, friendly work place.
Employee have access to training and development.
Great office environment all employees are very friendly professional.
RBC Work Summary
Java Developer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 21, 2016
Nice place to work in. During the work period with Rbc, I really learned a lot both technically and from business perspective. Now it is time to move on...
productive and fun work place
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 20, 2016
Pros: free lounch
Cons: long hours
It is a place that gives you new task and new ideas every day. The work environment is friendly and very good.

The hardest part is that it keeps you on your toe every time.
Excellent working environment, goal-oriented
QA Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 18, 2016
A typical day at work included testing software for the bank to ensure quality services for our customers. I learned a lot about the IT section, and greatly expanded my knowledge. This job was very rewarding as it was goal oriented, and when goals were achieved the employees usually felt a great sense of accomplishment. Our days were very productive, as there was always something to do. This job taught me how to thoroughly analyze data/functions, how to effectively manage my time, and how to work with others.
Great Employer
Senior Account Manager (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 12, 2016
My experience with Royal Bank of Canada has been truly amazing. A great place to work with lots of learning opportunities. Every day was exciting with new challenges and learning. The management was very supportive and understanding and strongly believed in open-door policy. Similar to Facebook, RBC has internal social networking platform where all employees are welcome to share their views, experiences, opinions, best practices, product information, even start a blog. I love my co-workers and every day look forward to meeting them and working in collaboration as partners.
Ambiguos and Fast Paced Environment
Executive Assistant/Project Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 9, 2016
Lots to learn, a great place to work. Opportunities within the bank to move ahead. A phenomenal bank who stands by it's values.
Office Work
Assured Assistance - First Response Attendant (Current Employee), Mississauga OntarioFebruary 8, 2016
Working for RBC is a great experience to expand your skills and understanding. Co-workers are extremely friendly. Hours are a little bit to handle since its a 24 hour environment but manageable. It is office work, computer work you are constantly sitting down.
Amazing corporation
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 8, 2016
Pros: Great organization
Great company to work for. Strong executive team with knowledge of industry and respect for employees. Great benefits for family and for employees to grow their financial portfolios
Awesome company to work
Technical Systems Analyst Co-op (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 2, 2016
Pros: Team outing
I had a chance to work as a co-op student, learned a lot and enjoyed my co-op term over there. RBC conducts a lot of program to engage students with work and networking.