Royal Bank of Canada

Royal Bank of Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
great work environment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONApril 11, 2015
Pros: Hours of operation.
Cons: Management did not let you advance
I did enjoy my time at RBC. I know I would have liked to stay there if there was an opportunity to do so. I learned a lot about my customer service skills. I was able to determine which direction I wanted my career to go. My co-workers were great and we had a lot of fun working together. The hardest part about my job was the sales expectations. There was too much emphasis on trying to sell things to customers that the customer service aspect was not as it should have been.
Great Fun place to work.
CSR / Backup Central Teller (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONApril 1, 2015
Pros: Job Security, Great benefits and perks
Cons: The hours
My journey with Royal Bank was great, I loved every thing my job, the only trouble I had as a customer service representative was my sales. I struggled with sales and therefore I chose to move on. Everyone was a great team player and I definitely learned a lot working at the bank.
Lunch and Learn
Account Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 30, 2015
Encourage people to develop different activities. For instance, in lunch and learn program, every employee present and explain to the rest of colleagues any RBC product or service. This initiative helps people to understand the diversity of marketing that RBC has, also employees have more knowledge regarding to it.
fun workpalce
Senior Interface Designer (Contract) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 29, 2015
i have worked in RBC for two years and its fun to work in RBC. Team is awesome, super friendly, creative, co-operative and focused.
Pretty Good work culture
Business system Analyst/Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 29, 2015
I had a nice time working for Royal bank of Canada where i interacted with quite a few people across departments. My colleagues were very supportive and encouraged me to learn and become a valuable part of the team.
No training
Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Nothing free
Cons: long hours, stress
Dominion Securities has the work culture as they say quote "you have to learn everything yourself that is the firms work culture".
It is really odd they provide no training for this position whatsoever, and give you duties from day one. The fact the position has no training is also not advertised on the posting or not even talked about in the interview. Overall experience with RBC really bad.
Enjoyable, relaxed environment
Customer Service/ Co-op Placement (Former Employee), Wheatley, ONMarch 23, 2015
I did co-op here for 110 hours during high school. I really enjoyed working with the employees there and chatting with all the customers coming in.
fun and professional environment
Mainframe Developer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 19, 2015
A company which has given me a launch of my career and the team which always mentors each other. Great professional environment. Many opportunities to learn.
Productive and bery good place to work
Client Advisor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 16, 2015
Pros: team work
Cons: no cons
Learned lot of thing everyday and enjoy team work. Client advisor for regular banking needs. Fun place to work. Working from 2 years.
Fast paced environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCMarch 11, 2015
Pros: great people, job and company. stressful at times but rewarding.
Cons: due to visa circumstances i had to leave this employment.
A fast paced and demanding environment with a steep learning curve which I thoroughly enjoyed. Learning and implementing new knowledge and skills to the financial industry was intriguing.
A serious but exciting work environment
Banking Advisor (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 10, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
Dealing with people's money is always serious. But who says working with a team of individuals needs to be? You can have fun at work, do a great job and enjoy your clients and colleagues all at the same time. That's the advantage of dealing with RBC. They treat the clients like royalty. It's a good bank.
Great
Manager, IT Infrastructure Finance (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 9, 2015
great place to work along with awesome team members; leaders have a vision and direction to take RBC directionally forward; flexbile environment
RBC An Amazing Place to Work
Senior ITIL Process Engineer - Contract (Current Employee), Toronto, OntarioMarch 9, 2015
RBC is a great corporation. Management has a great pulse on their employees and is actively involved in developing their resources.
Great place to work!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), St. John's, NLMarch 8, 2015
Pros: great staff, competitive work hours. great work life balance.
Cons: the salary was not terrible high.
RBC was a brilliant company to work for. The staff was supportive, and the company was very employee focused. The company operated through weekly goals and achievements were set out to each employee, and it was each employees responsibility to meet these goals. There was a clear way to measure your success and advancement, and a truly effective internal education systems.
Loans
Loans Administrator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 5, 2015
Working in Royal Bank of Canada opened me the doors in the Canadian financial industry and gave me great experience with loans and corporate credit.
security
Fraud Booster Prevention Investigator (Current Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: good atmosphere
Cons: slow days but its normal
The work has its demands and it is a quick pace overall it is routine and analytical thinking. In enjoy solving complex problems.
A silent place set for work hard to know who is sited next to you
Technical Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto ONFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: room for growth
Cons: hard to make friends
A silent place set for work hard to know who is sited next to you. Management team works closely with team members.........................................................................................................................................................................................................
A huge company with many opportunities but also lots of politics
Analyst (Current Employee), TorontoFebruary 9, 2015
A lot of opportunities within the company. However, the management does not give clear direction, and there is a lot of politics
Providing the right advice to every client is what makes you appreciate the work you do.
Client Advisor (Former Employee), Strathroy, ONFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: great employee discounts
Cons: scheduling
A typical day at work would be providing clients with the necessary advice to achieve their everyday banking needs.

Cashing cheques, paying bills, receiving and cashing out, preparing drafts, etc.

I learned how to be creative and be extremely analytical of a clients profile and provide the correct advice that will guide their financial portfolio to the best suited situation.

management is great, and supportive. Guiding and providing the necessary tools to help their employees succeed.

Co-workers are fun and energetic and help you whenever the help is needed.

The hardest part of the job is making sure to keep knowledge of the products and policies of the financial sector.

The most enjoyable part of this job was providing clients with the right advice and knowing the client is walking out satisfied with the service that I provided to help them achieve their financial goal.
not what it used to be
Credit Fulfillment Officer (Former Employee), torontoJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: hmmmmmm
Cons: still outsourcing canadian jobs to india
The Banking industry has changed drastically,
The outsourcing continues to go offshore to India.

a typical day is no talking with co workers, management on
your butt full time,
management only promotes managers and managers
kids. for all the people still working there i feel for you all.

All summer students have a mom or pop in the big leagues
who come in knowing nothing at all and are paid premium salaries
while the people who actually do the work get treated like
3rd world workers.

No opportunity for advancement as much as they chant in the public eye,

sad situation all around. RBC should be RBI
Royal bank of India,

pick up a phone in any branch and dial 611 - you will be linked up with a rep from India !

Canadian jobs need to stay here in CANADA

The hardest part of the job was dealing with shady management
always out to hinder everyone with outsourcing threats for the last 4 years.

Not a place I would recommend for employment going forward.