Royal Bank of Canada

Royal Bank of Canada Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
n/a
Account Manager (Expert) (Current Employee), Abbotsford, BCFebruary 3, 2014
work life balance is a priority of the bank, salary comparable with industry but can get more with other FI depending on your skillset, micro-management ordinary norm with managers, too much meetings.
Excellent working environment
Bilingual Claim Analyst Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: diversified environment
Cons: did not stay long enough
Very busy and complete day.
Learned much about Long Term Disability issues
Manager was very nice and approachable
Co-workers were very nice and helpful overall
A great place to start your career in the financial sector
Cards Customer Services Representative (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: great management support, great team atmosphere
Cons: sometimes repetitive nature of work
A typical day basically consists of receiving calls form current and prospective clients concerning credit card products currently offered by RBC. I dealt with any and all concerns in this regard with the emphasis on ensuring that the client got the most value out of their current credit card product, or suggest a product that was better suited to their – more... needs.

Management was very thorough in educating me about the products on offer to our clients, as well as empowering us to make informed decisions with regards to assisting clients with their individual challenges.

My co-workers were a great mix of motivated individuals who, with the encouragement from management, focused greatly on team oriented goals and strived to achieve them.

The hardest part of the job was the sometimes repetitive nature of the job, as well as coming across the client to who you just could not help unfortunately.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with my team as well as suggesting a solution to a difficult challenge that greatly had a positive impact on the client. – less
Working experience
Mailroom and Distributor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: fun
Fun workplace everyday
Interactive experiences
New challenges and new people to meet
Networking
One of the best employers
Customer Care Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 18, 2014
A GREAT PLACE TO START, PROVIDING WITH A LEARNING AND IMPROVING CULTURE
Unique Situation
Cards Customer Service (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: fantastic coaching
Cons: few career opportunities
Fantastic Coaching, Wonderful Management and Staff, Far too large a company garner true appreciation, No incentives or room for advancement. Definitely a company that requires a great deal of customer service in all positions with the ability to practice patience. A large part of the culture is to push efficiency and sales which takes away from the – more... clients best interests. Shift work is required so balancing family life might be difficult. No room for accommodation when it comes to scheduling. – less
nice
Client Service Representative (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: nice
Cons: nice
Receives, processes and verifies the accuracy of orders from client utilizing the organization’s client service platform system and purchase orders

Initiates required action for response to customer service requests for order changes, including the maintenance of order.

Ensure and provides quality service to both internal and external customers.
Comfortable worplace
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 12, 2014
I was hired as a teller and the hiring manager at the time was extremely nice. She made my whole first interview experience very memorable.

As a teller, i was able to help client on their day to day transactions. I learned quickly the different products offered at the bank and that eventually helped me to manage my finance more effectively.

I like – more... Royal Bank's work culture, they will allow you to take over new challenges very early after been hired. – less
Forward thinking
Personal Banking Advisor (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 27, 2013
Excellent company with forward thinking mind set always and always trying to help you find future oppurtunities
Daily Routines of the day.
Client Service Representative (Current Employee), New Waterford, NSDecember 27, 2013
A typical day of work... come in the morning open computer and bring up all programs needed throughout the day..get the daily forecast to fill machines and TCU and empty night shoot...waiting on clients, cashing cheques, deposit cash and cheques, paying bills, processing business deposits, ensuring that the client is waited on in a timely manner and – more... ensure the client is in the right account packages according to their needs. Advise the client on new products, such as visa's, new accounts, etc. Taking ownership of any problem that arises to get the answers to their problems as quickly as possible. Provide and fill out Direct Deposit slips, Sign up clients for Online Banking, Book appointments for Financial Officers. Complete courses through RBC Campus online.

Constantly learning diffferent ways to give client advice.

Management has early morning meets to advise the staff of when there is major changes and new product. They have weekly goal meetings to ensure we meet these goals. As well as ensuring the branch runs as smooth as possible.

Co-workers are always there to help each other out when needed. If there is an issue we usually work it out amoungst ourselves.

The hardest part of the job is keeping up with all the new updates that come out of the blue especially if we have not been at the morning meets due to a later shift. And trying to read and keep up with all the email sent.

The most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with the clients. We have a great bunch of clients who not only share their issues but their witt with us. This makes for a great day that goes by fast. – less
Back Office / Insurance / Banking / Other
AML Verification Officer (Business Clients) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 19, 2013
Worked in the AML department processed AML transaction for business clients.
International high standards, Professional Environment
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 19, 2013
It is the best place I have ever worked in. High professionalism, amazing work environment, people, and initiatives.
Great Client Experience
Associate Business Architect (Former Employee), Toronto, OnDecember 13, 2013
Good place to work and get office experience at an entry level job.
A Dream Job
Credit and Collections Representative (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 28, 2013
Pros: advancements and discounts on banking fees and mortgages
Cons: sporadic hours and distance
A reputable company, great room for advancement. However hours were too sporadic and the distance between home and work made it difficult to meet the call centre's varied hours.
Good bank to work for
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR, DEBT CAPITAL MARKETS (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 27, 2013
I worked there for a number of years and have gained substantial experience within the organization. Like most large companies, you can quickly get lost in the crowd but you need to separate yourself from becoming a number and let yourself be known internally...
fun, interaction with people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 25, 2013
Pros: no weekends
Cons: job outsourced
last position involved with client loyalty group. Data entry re complaints/compliments, investigating , giving tokens, letters of aplology.
Sense of accomplishment when giving clients what they need.
Various Positions (Former Employee), Leamington, ONNovember 24, 2013
Pros: meeting many people
Cons: having to give an unsatisfactory rating on an employee
A typical day was always all about the client and servicing their needs. Clients want to be shown that they are valued.
Co-workers also are valued and everyone is part of the team.
From a management perspective, I always found evaluations to be the hardest to do.
The most enjoyable part of my job was interaction with clients and solving problems for – more... them. I also enjoyed training new hires for the Customer Service foll. – less
Productive, fun loving, progressive and positive
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 19, 2013
Pros: everyday new learning
busy with clients
new interaction experience
perfect transaction process
client satisfaction
very productive and fun workplace
Account Services Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 19, 2013
Pros: complete employee benefits
Cons: long hours standing
Processing of various bank deposits, working with employees with diverse nationalities.
Productive workplace and Enjoyable coworkers