Royal Bank of Canada

Royal Bank of Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and fun workplace
Level 2 - Desk side Support Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 22, 2015
Good place to work, great co-workers and best management. Also good place to grow in your field.

Coporate culture
Technical Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Good frinens
Cons: Work pressure
Have been in the corporate for almost 9-10 years and its kind of great learning with in team each day. Most of the co-workder are known to me as close friends. Work pressure is more most of the time and really really busy day all the day long...

Most enjoyable part is that work culture is up to the standard and very flexible, hardest part is to accomplish the task with following up tough corporate standards.
Bank
Documentation Officer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 16, 2015
very good people to work with many benefits
lots of people to talk to
lots of work to keep you busy
day to day all routine based work
Financial Sales - Love Selling, talking to people, persuading to let them take the right decision.
Financial Sales and Marketing Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 14, 2015
Pros: Talking to people.
Cons: Long business hours at times.
"Communicating the right information precisely, persuading potential customers".

The best part of my job was to meet and talk to so many people from different backgrounds, enlighten them about our financial products and services and successfully persuading them to try our services. Gradually, developing more business with them and creating more market share on the bigger picture in the long run.
Overall a decent IT firm which ensures personal as well as career growth.
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 9, 2015
Pros: flexible timings
Cons: dress code
Enjoyed morning conversation wit my co-workers, very cooperative team members; enjoyed the potlucks. My project manager was very encouraging and cooperative.
Customer Service Rep
Customer Support Officer/Client Adviser (Former Employee), ScarboroughJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Great place to work
Cons: Selling became a big part
I would help open the branch and close ensuring balances completed.

Provided customer services and support to the team members in the branch
Customer Care is a rewarding experience. Team work is fun.
Personal Lending Officer (Former Employee), Truro, NSJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Vacation, Holidays, Good Pension and Benefits. Team work, Employee and Client interaction.
Cons: Always increasingly hard to meet expected Goals. Heavy workload with pending paperwork
I left this job because I felt that Sales were becoming increasingly more important than the Customer Service that I preferred to focus on.
great company
HR Portfolio Analyst - Projects & Initiatives (Current Employee), TorontoJuly 6, 2015
great working environment and culture. A lot of room for growth and movement into other roles is encouraged as long you do well in your current position.
Best workplace
Client Service Representative (Former Employee), Mississauga,ONJuly 6, 2015
learned how to handle all the walk-in clients of the branch by practicing all the retailing behaviors and also looking after their banking transactions and also opportunities for cross selling.
well organized organization
Sr. PCO/ Jr. Project Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 28, 2015
It is really fun place to work at RBC. It has robust systems at place at many levels that helps RBC performing great year after year.
Very micro managed
Licensed Insurance Advisor (Current Employee), MississaugaJune 23, 2015
Pros: Free rbc employee account
Cons: Long hour on monday
Typical day at work is just taking one phone call after another and assisting client. I have learned a lot about insurance industry after working for Rbc insurance.
Good place for growth and opportunities
Bilingual HR Payroll Officer (Current Employee), MississaugaJune 6, 2015
While maintaining good relationships with manager and co-workers, gaining more skills through training and special projects and acquiring more experience and responsibilities over time
Excellent company to work for.
Sr. IT architect (Current Employee), TorontoMay 28, 2015
Its the number one bank in Canada and an excellent place to work for.

I am working as a consultant and find the team very supportive and understanding

Management also supports and very flexible

Managing multiple projects

Flexibility
Not a very good work/life balance or job culture
Banking Advisor (Former Employee), Toronto ONMay 12, 2015
Pros: Great benefits and pay, free banking
Cons: high retention, late hours, no work/life balance, management is focused on company needs, quick to replace employees
A typical day would include coming in and sitting at a different desk each day, taking about 70-80 calls per day. The hardest part of the job is the hours that seem to be extremely late. The culture there is not a fun work environment. Management is looking at company's overall business needs rather than employees needs.
good work life balance
Analyst, Derivatives Valuation (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 29, 2015
no work taken home. good and understandable management. manageable stress level with multiple time sensetive tasks though a day. friendly environment in a team.
Overall good experience.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), MontrealApril 21, 2015
Great experiences with loyal client base, staff overall is solid and the job itself is rewarding day in and out.
Cannot go wrong with having this on your C.V. as an experience.
good environment
Sr. Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ON, CanadaApril 20, 2015
Pros: good compensation
-great company to work for.
-good compensation
-good co-workers
-adequate training

Work/life balance, competitive compensation, company values, high integrity within the financial services industry, opportunity for personal growth, accessible corporate structure
VERY GOOD AT CREATING A FAKE IMAGE
Cash Manager (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABApril 16, 2015
Pros: PAID VACATION
Cons: EVERYTHING
When I started with RBC I absolutely loved my job , I went above and beyond with bring clients in and receiving awards. I started to see the real environment when my manager asked me to slow down on referrals and sales because other employees wouldn't like me , that I made them look bad by getting so many sale and inquiries when it wasn't my main function and or being looked at under a magnifier. Then I received only 9 months later they insisted I wasn't right for the role. Which makes me wonder with all these awards and hitting double digit percentages in sales that it was mainly personal and jealously . I HIGHLY DO NOT RECOMMEND WORKING HERE THEY AWARD SLACKERS AND DISMISS HARD WORKERS !!!! WORST EXPERIENCE EVER !!!!!
Overall great place to work
Adjudication Associate (Current Employee), Mississauga, OntarioApril 15, 2015
Overall great place to work. Pay is based on industry, advancement is a bit slow but based on experience and education like most jobs. Main issue would be that the company is so large that sometimes you feel like just another number.
Productive and illustrates excellent team work. Helping clients with their transcations, banking, and solving any problems that that the client has.
Client Advisor (Current Employee), mississaugaApril 15, 2015
A day at work would be really productive and it is a fun environment to be in. The Customer Service Representatives and the Managers work together to help the clients and to meet client satisfaction. Co-workers are really friendly and are always helping one another to get the work done and clear the line ups if there is any. Learned excellent customer service skills, management skills, leadership skills, coaching skills, met sales targets.

1 2 3 4 5