Royal Bank of Canada

Royal Bank of Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very micro managed
Licensed Insurance Advisor (Current Employee), MississaugaJune 23, 2015
Pros: Free rbc employee account
Cons: Long hour on monday
Typical day at work is just taking one phone call after another and assisting client. I have learned a lot about insurance industry after working for Rbc insurance.
Good place for growth and opportunities
Bilingual HR Payroll Officer (Current Employee), MississaugaJune 6, 2015
While maintaining good relationships with manager and co-workers, gaining more skills through training and special projects and acquiring more experience and responsibilities over time
Excellent company to work for.
Sr. IT architect (Current Employee), TorontoMay 28, 2015
Its the number one bank in Canada and an excellent place to work for.

I am working as a consultant and find the team very supportive and understanding

Management also supports and very flexible

Managing multiple projects

Flexibility
Not a very good work/life balance or job culture
Banking Advisor (Former Employee), Toronto ONMay 12, 2015
Pros: Great benefits and pay, free banking
Cons: high retention, late hours, no work/life balance, management is focused on company needs, quick to replace employees
A typical day would include coming in and sitting at a different desk each day, taking about 70-80 calls per day. The hardest part of the job is the hours that seem to be extremely late. The culture there is not a fun work environment. Management is looking at company's overall business needs rather than employees needs.
good work life balance
Analyst, Derivatives Valuation (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 29, 2015
no work taken home. good and understandable management. manageable stress level with multiple time sensetive tasks though a day. friendly environment in a team.
Overall good experience.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), MontrealApril 21, 2015
Great experiences with loyal client base, staff overall is solid and the job itself is rewarding day in and out.
Cannot go wrong with having this on your C.V. as an experience.
good environment
Sr. Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ON, CanadaApril 20, 2015
Pros: good compensation
-great company to work for.
-good compensation
-good co-workers
-adequate training

Work/life balance, competitive compensation, company values, high integrity within the financial services industry, opportunity for personal growth, accessible corporate structure
VERY GOOD AT CREATING A FAKE IMAGE
Cash Manager (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABApril 16, 2015
Pros: PAID VACATION
Cons: EVERYTHING
When I started with RBC I absolutely loved my job , I went above and beyond with bring clients in and receiving awards. I started to see the real environment when my manager asked me to slow down on referrals and sales because other employees wouldn't like me , that I made them look bad by getting so many sale and inquiries when it wasn't my main function and or being looked at under a magnifier. Then I received only 9 months later they insisted I wasn't right for the role. Which makes me wonder with all these awards and hitting double digit percentages in sales that it was mainly personal and jealously . I HIGHLY DO NOT RECOMMEND WORKING HERE THEY AWARD SLACKERS AND DISMISS HARD WORKERS !!!! WORST EXPERIENCE EVER !!!!!
Overall great place to work
Adjudication Associate (Current Employee), Mississauga, OntarioApril 15, 2015
Overall great place to work. Pay is based on industry, advancement is a bit slow but based on experience and education like most jobs. Main issue would be that the company is so large that sometimes you feel like just another number.
Productive and illustrates excellent team work. Helping clients with their transcations, banking, and solving any problems that that the client has.
Client Advisor (Current Employee), mississaugaApril 15, 2015
A day at work would be really productive and it is a fun environment to be in. The Customer Service Representatives and the Managers work together to help the clients and to meet client satisfaction. Co-workers are really friendly and are always helping one another to get the work done and clear the line ups if there is any. Learned excellent customer service skills, management skills, leadership skills, coaching skills, met sales targets.
great work environment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONApril 11, 2015
Pros: Hours of operation.
Cons: Management did not let you advance
I did enjoy my time at RBC. I know I would have liked to stay there if there was an opportunity to do so. I learned a lot about my customer service skills. I was able to determine which direction I wanted my career to go. My co-workers were great and we had a lot of fun working together. The hardest part about my job was the sales expectations. There was too much emphasis on trying to sell things to customers that the customer service aspect was not as it should have been.
Great Fun place to work.
CSR / Backup Central Teller (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONApril 1, 2015
Pros: Job Security, Great benefits and perks
Cons: The hours
My journey with Royal Bank was great, I loved every thing my job, the only trouble I had as a customer service representative was my sales. I struggled with sales and therefore I chose to move on. Everyone was a great team player and I definitely learned a lot working at the bank.
Lunch and Learn
Account Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 30, 2015
Encourage people to develop different activities. For instance, in lunch and learn program, every employee present and explain to the rest of colleagues any RBC product or service. This initiative helps people to understand the diversity of marketing that RBC has, also employees have more knowledge regarding to it.
fun workpalce
Senior Interface Designer (Contract) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 29, 2015
i have worked in RBC for two years and its fun to work in RBC. Team is awesome, super friendly, creative, co-operative and focused.
Pretty Good work culture
Business system Analyst/Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 29, 2015
I had a nice time working for Royal bank of Canada where i interacted with quite a few people across departments. My colleagues were very supportive and encouraged me to learn and become a valuable part of the team.
No training
Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Nothing free
Cons: long hours, stress
Dominion Securities has the work culture as they say quote "you have to learn everything yourself that is the firms work culture".
It is really odd they provide no training for this position whatsoever, and give you duties from day one. The fact the position has no training is also not advertised on the posting or not even talked about in the interview. Overall experience with RBC really bad.
Enjoyable, relaxed environment
Customer Service/ Co-op Placement (Former Employee), Wheatley, ONMarch 23, 2015
I did co-op here for 110 hours during high school. I really enjoyed working with the employees there and chatting with all the customers coming in.
fun and professional environment
Mainframe Developer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 19, 2015
A company which has given me a launch of my career and the team which always mentors each other. Great professional environment. Many opportunities to learn.
Productive and bery good place to work
Client Advisor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 16, 2015
Pros: team work
Cons: no cons
Learned lot of thing everyday and enjoy team work. Client advisor for regular banking needs. Fun place to work. Working from 2 years.
Fast paced environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCMarch 11, 2015
Pros: great people, job and company. stressful at times but rewarding.
Cons: due to visa circumstances i had to leave this employment.
A fast paced and demanding environment with a steep learning curve which I thoroughly enjoyed. Learning and implementing new knowledge and skills to the financial industry was intriguing.

1 2 3 4 5