Royal Bank of Canada Employee Reviews in Canada

Great place to work! one of the best employers in Canada
QA Lead (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 24, 2016
Great place to work.

Awesome people to work with. Learnt a lot on accessibility testing.
Working with offshore teams and multiple vendor environment.
Pros
Free bank account
Cons
restricted to work elsewhere. outside activities are monitored.
Professional team and a fun workplace
Technical Systems Analyst Co-op (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 24, 2016
I have nothing but positive things to say about my time at RBC. I worked with a team of professional software developers in an Agile environment and I learned a great deal from all of them. I became very good at reading and debugging other peoples code, as I spent a lot of time fixing code defects. I learned a lot about JavaScript and AngularJS as well as working within the ASP.NET ecosystem.
Pros
Independence to work on what you want
Cons
Can be difficult to stand out in such a large corporation
Professional work environment
Client Advisor (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 22, 2016
management and co workers are professional, there is team work. fair, motivated and supportive.

the hardest part of job is meeting sales target.

but over all i t is indeed an excellent work environment
SENIOR RECRUITER (CONTRACT) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 19, 2016
People are great and the work environment is fantastic. can not say much about job security as i am hired as a contractor and they are still unable to decide if i will be extended and my contract expires in 2 weeks
OK job.
BA (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 13, 2016
Job is ok, nothing special. Growth can be denied to right people, promotion does not always depend on hard work or merit.
Pros
Work from Home
Cons
Rat race
Good competrative perks and benefits
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioMay 9, 2016
Very good company with competatative perks and benefits.
Managed in an competitive environment.
Have good infrastructure and facilities.
Culture of High Accountability
Branch Manager Keil Dr (Current Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONMay 2, 2016
Demanding yet rewarding career opportunities. Provides the ability to impact and influence people and their own personal development. Community involvement is highly encouraged and supported. Diverse culture and always looking for new thoughts, ideas and experiences.
Good
Business System Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 1, 2016
The team bonded well in a fast paced environment. Since the Business was off shore, so the company tools like webex helped a lot.
great teamwork
Account Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 29, 2016
I was working in weekend shift. I like if their having a cross traing in other department because I learned a lot. I build good relationship to my co-worker we all have respect to each other.
Pros
having bonus
Cons
Very cool atmosphere, lots of perks but low pay
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 25, 2016
If you are into running you will enjoy working here! there is a lot to do bt it can be fun checking out new merchandise and advising.customers. there is a lot of inventory work if you are in management but if you have a good manager and coworkers the store can be a well oiled machine.
Tons of perks! Ive won sneakers three times and gotten free stuff.
The pay however is not that good.
It is a family company so the store standards are high and if they are not met that can be troublesome.

Run clubs are busy but can be fun because the same people come every week. its very social.
Pros
Fun and Lots of perks
Cons
Low pay, lots of duties. Long hours for managers
Challenging and Fun Environment
Fraud Agent, National Fraud Detection Group (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 24, 2016
I like how everyday there are new challenges that come our way that need to be solved. A lot of analytical thinking is involved within the investigations. I like working there in the summer because I get to meet and network with many individuals my age. The hardest part about the job is that I don't see myself progressing within this department. I love being involved in different committees throughout work and having that balance within the workplace itself.
Pros
Large Institution
Cons
No growth within my department
Over confident management.
SCCM Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 21, 2016
Overall it was a good place to work with. Some managers were picky without any reason. Others way above the average, means they were very helpful.
Pros
Good work environment.
Cons
NA
Great work/life balance
Senior Legal Assistant, RBC Law Group (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 20, 2016
This was a contract position so help transition a team from a retired senior assistant through to a move to another floor.
Pros
Great work/life balance
Cons
Contract only
Good work place
Technical lead (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 19, 2016
Good work place.
Very good team culture and fun to work in projects.
Good growth and learning opportunities
Good leaves and vacation policies.
Wonderful place to work
Fraud Agent, Endorsements (Bilingual) (Former Employee) –  York Mills, ONApril 19, 2016
I enjoyed my second career at RBC starting at age 45. I would hard but the support of my various managers and colleagues was commendable; my interest in Fraud fighting was born and lasts to this day. Workplace Assessments led to helpful accomodation. The commute to my final position was the hardest part of the job , A whole new industry with the chance to offer innovative suggestions and to learn about varied products thus building on my prior years of bilingual help desk work in the totally unrelated telecommunications industry have encouraged me to continue seeking to fight fraud in any arena.
Pros
Learning experience; new career ; salary and benefits
Cons
Commute once my team's site relocated to over an hour each way
Innovation place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 13, 2016
An organization prepared to advance technologically to be the strongest bank in Canada.

A company that compensates its employees effectively.
It was valuable experience with nice colleagues.
Collection Officer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 10, 2016
Valuable experience. You/your views are always respected and are given free hand to do your job. The most enjoyable part is that you are never alone (TL and colleagues are always ready to help you out). But the workload keeps you busy.
A lot of after work events
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 10, 2016
The management team is rather motivating, listen to your feedbacks and lots of opportunities to networking events after work to get coaching and mentorships from senior management and meet other employees.
Good company with great work/life balance
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 9, 2016
RBC is a great company to work for. There is good work/life balance. Management is mostly supportive (there are some bad apples).
If you network and work hard, there are lots of opportunities and room for growth. It's a great brand to have on your resume.

The only negative is that when you move around in the company, pay bumps are limited to 2-10%. Sometimes they will be willing to pay more to candidates coming from outside, vs their existing employees which can be frustrating.
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
Pay
flexible work Environment
Banking Advisor (Former Employee) –  Markham, CanadaApril 5, 2016
Royal Bank of Canada i the leading Bank in North America and Itt provides all Banking solutions to the customers. It looks after the financial needs of customers from Day to day banking to credit and Investments. I was a Banking advisor specialist in personal banking and doing credit application as well investment in mutual funds for my clients.

4.2