Royal Bank of Canada Employee Reviews

Productive and busy
Human Resource Officer (Current Employee) –  6880 Financial Dr MississaugaSeptember 21, 2016
It is always fun to work as I have no idea of how the day went by as it is always very busy.
Being in HR has increased my knowledge to a great extent. HR is all about policies that keep changing, payrolls etc, I learn new things everyday that helps me in my day to day life as well.
I enjoy talking to managers, employees or former employees to educate them or guide them in what they are looking for.
The thing that i am looking for some change is that we are on calls all day, so the chance of learning or participation in other meetings or training is limited.
enjoyed working with public
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cardston, ABSeptember 22, 2016
The Job at the bank was one I enjoyed the people I worked for were okay co-workers but there was one that I had problems working with making me quit. I have learned from this experience that I do not like to be treated as a outsider. The clients were enjoyable to be with. Found many to be very thankful for what I was able to help them with. Most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the client leave with smile on there face. Having conversations with clients and now not being able to see them is the hardest part of leaving the job
A typical large organization
Communications Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 11, 2016
Like any publically traded, profit driven enterprise, RBC pays a great deal of lip service to their values and how important a role their people play in the bank's success. But make no mistake, unless you have significant tenure, an online MBA from Harvard and are willing to "bleed blue", your importance will only go so far. One term that speaks to the "culture" at RBC is hierarchical. As a low to mid-level employee, you're often discouraged from questioning decisions or seeking clarification. And like virtually all large enterprises, lines of business at RBC operate in their own silos, making cross-functional collaboration challenging.
Pros
Good pay, competitive benefits
Cons
You're a very small cog in a very large machine
I love it
Technical Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 10, 2016
I've had great experience working at RBC. you get what you expect from working at the bank as IT. Slowly adapting new technology but it takes a long time to implement actual process. People are great, I love the culture there, especially as a member of LGBTQ, I had no problem. I got lots of support there, and I miss working at RBC.
Pros
LGBTQ friendly
Cons
need permission or ticket to implement something simple and it takes FOREVER)
corporate environment with focus on sales volume penetration
Senior Account Manager Business-Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 23, 2016
I champion retail in store experience as branch champion. Where, the focus is on identifying and offering tailored holistic advice, to our business and personal clienteles. Acting as branch manager for branch operations and provide ongoing coaching to banking advisors and client care representatives. Ensuring, a high level of employee capability and engagement through focused sales routines. Regular morning huddles, focus team building synergy through insight that brings out the best in people.
Good training, poor management
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Cochrane, ABSeptember 13, 2016
Developed vision problems on the job; RBC's insurance company refused to pay benefits. Income was cut off. Credit was severely damaged. Was promised return to work program, though was never rehired due to "job no longer available." Quite illegal practice at this company. Regretful of this as a career choice. Would never recommend.
Cons
LTD program is deficient; Management does not support staff.
Improve my skill and excellent work environment
Verification Officer (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QCJuly 22, 2016
A typical day start with assisting manager in assigning various deals to 7 auditors of about around 200 deals each and I learned that
I need to be fast and accurate as well as and manage good number of deals to work all time in auditor queue and my co-workers were excellent.

The hardest part was that after assigning and forwarding decline mortgage deals I hardly got time to help auditors in auditing and I
enjoy all job duties
Retrieved credit bureaus for co-applicant clients to be added on Primary’s Visa or MasterCard Account
ACCOUNTS SERVICES AGENT (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCSeptember 20, 2016
* A typical day at work - Very Busy from beginning to the end. I loved it. it was a great experience.

* What I learned - everything there is to know in a banking industry, especially when clients are requesting limit increases and/or requesting a co-applicant credit card.

*Management- my supervisors were amazing

*My Co-Workers- Incredibly wonderful bunch. A lot of team work.

*The hardest part of the job- Not sure. I didn't find anything difficult.

* The most enjoyable part of the job- Everything.
Pros
Great Team Work and I loved my position- day went by fast. You just have to work fast, as you would have to process so many applications in a day.
Cons
it was only a contract job. Wasn't able to get in permanently
Client servicing
CLIENT SERVICE SKILLS and SALES ACHIEVEMENTS (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 17, 2016
I had an internship for few months.I learned all the financial transactions as a bank teller .My supervisor and manager was so supportive in teaching me how the bank machine works and their system of working in a bank .The management was great!!And I loved working in a bank as a client service representative.
Pros
GREAT ADMINISTRATION
Cons
NOTHING MUCH
Role of Manager Client Care
Communications
Revenue Growth Generation
Branch Management
Due Diligence
 Manage sales of bank products, new business, operations, customer service, and Client Advisors activities at retail banking center and work with regulatory compliance, internal policies and procedures.
observational coaching of 12 Client Advisors oversee weekly and monthly sales to determine if goals met.
Ensuring a smooth running of bank transactions, responding to financial and banking queries.
Handling client queries face to face, over the phone or via correspondence.
Very much customer oriented - always looking for ways to enhance the customer experience
Customer Assistant Officer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCJuly 9, 2016
The quarterly meetings were very much full of knowledge. Due to so much turnover at the branch it was at times challenging to keep up with different styles and approaches used to implement new policies and procedures.
Pros
incentives for making more sales at the end each month
Cons
Too much Management turnover
great company
Client Advisor (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ONJune 19, 2016
constructive and supportive work experience, feeling of value in your position. advancement opportunities and great in number. want to see you succeed in targets and offer guidance and support in getting you the numbers you want. goal setting mentality. RBC culture and community involvement are great. benefits and perks are awesome.
Pros
benefits, steady pay, vacation pay, points and rewards, end of year bonus
Cons
tirsome doing the same thing every day, no commision in targets
Worked for RBC 30 years as Systems Technical Analyst was laid off 2008
Sr. Systems Technical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 5, 2016
Worked for RBC 30 years as Systems Technical Analyst was laid off 2008. I offer a distinguished career earmarked by accomplishments in the leading edge of technology. My professional experience as an analyst includes over 30 years of experience in configuration, support and administration for source code management, quality assurance in both the mainframe and client server environments
Pros
RESSOP
Credit Analyst
Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 3, 2016
Analyzed, verified and adjudicated credit applications according to policies

Prepared monthly Excel reports and summaries for team using

Reviewed customer credit history, debt servicing, and max advance guidelines

Negotiated terms and conditions to ensure acceptable level of risk

Department lead during IBM Watson migration

Coordinated workflows to ensure processing efficiency and accuracy
Pros
Employee Points system
Cons
Naw Flexible hours
Professional team and a fun workplace
Technical Systems Analyst Co-op (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 24, 2016
I have nothing but positive things to say about my time at RBC. I worked with a team of professional software developers in an Agile environment and I learned a great deal from all of them. I became very good at reading and debugging other peoples code, as I spent a lot of time fixing code defects. I learned a lot about JavaScript and AngularJS as well as working within the ASP.NET ecosystem.
Pros
Independence to work on what you want
Cons
Can be difficult to stand out in such a large corporation
Very supportive colleagues and great co-op experience
IT Usability Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 5, 2016
I worked as a co-op student at an IT team with RBC. I am not an IT student, but my supervisor spent great efforts helping me grow. The vibe of the team was supportive. Team members had lunch together and shared stories from both work and life. In addition, RBC offers great employee benefit package.
It was a great place to work...
Mortgage Closing Officer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 19, 2016
Now it's all about blood from a stone. Environment became toxic over the past 2 years. Layoffs left right and centre when they really do need the people. Now pressuring those left behind to work overtime and no appreciation.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
Stressful/hostile environment
Challenging and Fun Environment
Fraud Agent, National Fraud Detection Group (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 24, 2016
I like how everyday there are new challenges that come our way that need to be solved. A lot of analytical thinking is involved within the investigations. I like working there in the summer because I get to meet and network with many individuals my age. The hardest part about the job is that I don't see myself progressing within this department. I love being involved in different committees throughout work and having that balance within the workplace itself.
Pros
Large Institution
Cons
No growth within my department
Very cool atmosphere, lots of perks but low pay
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 25, 2016
If you are into running you will enjoy working here! there is a lot to do bt it can be fun checking out new merchandise and advising.customers. there is a lot of inventory work if you are in management but if you have a good manager and coworkers the store can be a well oiled machine.
Tons of perks! Ive won sneakers three times and gotten free stuff.
The pay however is not that good.
It is a family company so the store standards are high and if they are not met that can be troublesome.

Run clubs are busy but can be fun because the same people come every week. its very social.
Pros
Fun and Lots of perks
Cons
Low pay, lots of duties. Long hours for managers
Great Culture & Fun workplace
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSJuly 17, 2016
I start at 7:00 AM with updating my daily voice message, checking my email, checking my scheduled daily appointments, schedule outbound phone calls to attract new business. I enjoyed helping clients achieved their financial goals.
Pros
Great work & family balance
Cons
lots of travelling

4.2