Royal Bank of Canada Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
great teamwork
Account Service Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 29, 2016
Pros: having bonus
Cons: long hours
I was working in weekend shift. I like if their having a cross traing in other department because I learned a lot. I build good relationship to my co-worker we all have respect to each other.
Challenging and Fun Environment
Fraud Agent, National Fraud Detection Group (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 24, 2016
Pros: Large Institution
Cons: No growth within my department
I like how everyday there are new challenges that come our way that need to be solved. A lot of analytical thinking is involved within the investigations. I like working there in the summer because I get to meet and network with many individuals my age. The hardest part about the job is that I don't see myself progressing within this department. I love being involved in different committees throughout work and having that balance within the workplace itself.
Over confident management.
SCCM Administrator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 21, 2016
Pros: Good work environment.
Cons: NA
Overall it was a good place to work with. Some managers were picky without any reason. Others way above the average, means they were very helpful.
Great work/life balance
Senior Legal Assistant, RBC Law Group (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 20, 2016
Pros: Great work/life balance
Cons: Contract only
This was a contract position so help transition a team from a retired senior assistant through to a move to another floor.
Good work place
Technical lead (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 19, 2016
Good work place.
Very good team culture and fun to work in projects.
Good growth and learning opportunities
Good leaves and vacation policies.
Wonderful place to work
Fraud Agent, Endorsements (Bilingual) (Former Employee), York Mills, ONApril 19, 2016
Pros: Learning experience; new career ; salary and benefits
Cons: Commute once my team's site relocated to over an hour each way
I enjoyed my second career at RBC starting at age 45. I would hard but the support of my various managers and colleagues was commendable; my interest in Fraud fighting was born and lasts to this day. Workplace Assessments led to helpful accomodation. The commute to my final position was the hardest part of the job , A whole new industry with the chance to offer innovative suggestions and to learn about varied products thus building on my prior years of bilingual help desk work in the totally unrelated telecommunications industry have encouraged me to continue seeking to fight fraud in any arena.
Innovation place to work
Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 13, 2016
An organization prepared to advance technologically to be the strongest bank in Canada.

A company that compensates its employees effectively.
It was valuable experience with nice colleagues.
Collection Officer (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 10, 2016
Valuable experience. You/your views are always respected and are given free hand to do your job. The most enjoyable part is that you are never alone (TL and colleagues are always ready to help you out). But the workload keeps you busy.
A lot of after work events
Account Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 10, 2016
The management team is rather motivating, listen to your feedbacks and lots of opportunities to networking events after work to get coaching and mentorships from senior management and meet other employees.
Good company with great work/life balance
Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 9, 2016
Pros: Good work life balance
Cons: Pay
RBC is a great company to work for. There is good work/life balance. Management is mostly supportive (there are some bad apples).
If you network and work hard, there are lots of opportunities and room for growth. It's a great brand to have on your resume.

The only negative is that when you move around in the company, pay bumps are limited to 2-10%. Sometimes they will be willing to pay more to candidates coming from outside, vs their existing employees which can be frustrating.
flexible work Environment
Banking Advisor (Former Employee), Markham, CanadaApril 5, 2016
Royal Bank of Canada i the leading Bank in North America and Itt provides all Banking solutions to the customers. It looks after the financial needs of customers from Day to day banking to credit and Investments. I was a Banking advisor specialist in personal banking and doing credit application as well investment in mutual funds for my clients.
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 30, 2016
Pros: None
Cons: None
- Good Opportunity to learn
- Staff are helpful
- Work atmosphere is good
- Growth opportunities
- Hours of work are flexible
- Work is engaged
Downtown project one of the biggest in North America
Call Centre Support Agent (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 30, 2016
Pros: downtown location with all the amenities
Cons: Long hours
Part of a overnight team that made sure migrations were reported and documented. Various Escalations to be made whenever major problems occured
Productive Workplace
SCCM Administrator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 28, 2016
Pros: Nothing
Cons: Long Hours
Working at RBC Command Center in Toronto to support Technicians performing Windows XP to Windows 7 migration across Canada and globally with over 90, 000 migrations and refresh in total.
Work with technicians to resolve various issues .
Nice management team
Sales and Marketing Associate at Knew sales group (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 25, 2016
Manager was very supportive.
Flexible timings
Great team work
Conference calls for problem sharing and solutions
Get help from co-workers to daily operations

Less Growth opportunity
royal bank
Senior Cards Advisor (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 22, 2016
royal bank of Canada sales advisor cards advisor head office call center answer phones provide advise sell cc help clients
Benefit to learn new technologies.
Business System Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 21, 2016
Pros: Nice perks
Cons: Some times long hours to work
Up-gradation with new technology
Keep every thing in writing
Friendly management
Co-workers very cooperative
Lots of paper work
Work from home
Royal Bank of Canada
Customer service (Current Employee), Rockwood, ONMarch 21, 2016
So far I have had an amazing time getting to work with the many faces of RBC. I appreciate everyday working for the Royal Bank of Canada. I am contently learning and striving for more.
Great work environment with friendly co-workers.
PROJECT COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 14, 2016
Pros: Free coffee, positive work environment, easily accessable
Contract position that was great experience.

Work consisted of dealing with various departments regarding obtaining correct information to facilitate company goal. Reviewing potential new suppliers against corporate risks.

Learning experiences were working in a dynamic corporate setting and dealing with internal stake holders that dealt with external suppliers.

Management was good, helpful.

Co-workers were positive and helpful, great team workers.

Hardest part of job was learning to interact with various internal groups, since most groups weren't fully aware of the process to be followed.

Most enjoyable was great location.
My overall view of my previous workplace.
Data Entry Clerk (contract) (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCMarch 14, 2016
It was an enjoyable work experience, and the training for the job was very efficient. A very organized company. There is emphasis for speed and accuracy and the training provided for that is superb.