Royal Bank of Canada Employee Reviews in Canada

Windows 7 Roll-Out
Technical Support (Account Team Lead) (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCDecember 28, 2015
Description of Position –
- 2nd Tier Account Team Lead of Windows Migration
- Register Machine to the CCU (Central Configuration Unit) Machine Data inventory
- Install Red dawn application used to back-up/restored data
- Windows Migration using Bonas stick
- Call and Raised a ticketing system on command center reporting problem of windows migration and any application support by IBM

Onsite Migration Services is to have at least 95% of the workstations migrate successfully to Windows 7 by start of business July- October 2015. 500 end-User successfully Migrated into Windows 7 of all branch office and customer service in British Columbia a project by IBM Management.
Pay is great, benefits are great, hiring practices... not so much
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 23, 2016
Having worked at a number of places in my professional career has shown me that generally a few great people carry the burden, while a much larger group show up each day with the intent to do the minimum amount possible. In no place is this more true than RBC. They have a solid corporate culture, some excellent brilliant people and leadership, and unfortunately a massive headcount of deadwood besides.

They could easily run RBC with ~35,000 good employees, however, they have almost 90,000 and a 'no fire' disposition. So while they are a great company to work for, with lots of stability and great compensation, if you happen to be one of the 'good' ones -- you will do so while being constantly reminded that you could do 1/10 of the work you are doing and yet receive the same rewards.

Overall, it is a great place to work, but like any large organization, politics is 80% of the job and there is a lot of weak links in the chain to contend with.
Pros
Good bonus structure, excellent stability, excellent opportunity for advancement both within Canada and abroad, workload can be as light as you want to make it be
Cons
HIGHLY politicized environment, poor continuity of compensation across business units, a staggering number of staff who consider a 4 hour lunch break at the bar a normal work day
Costumer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 18, 2015
In my experience with RBC I feel there was much room for advancement however no help getting there. The turn over is very high and there are always new faces.
You MUST always be happy and if your not fake a really good smile because there are alot of people in your face all day long that need your help and are at times very difficult and it is your job to focus on their problems and not yours. I very much enjoyed my time however I felt it was time to try something different. A bank teller is in no way a career but more of a step towards other positions..
Pros
good benefits
Cons
pay, appreciation, high stress
Pleasantly predictable
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 7, 2016
This company gives employees optimal support through not only your branch supervisor and manager, but also through their online RBC university. Which creates opportunity to set goals for career advancement.
The people are energetic and the clients are great.
Pros
Diversity, and career support
Cons
salary begins low
Great company, Proud to be RBC, need more growth
Client Advisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 1, 2015
Working in RBC is fantastic. I couldn't any more proud. However, being placed in branch, despite my certifications and qualifications, feel my talents can be better put to use. I am capable of getting much done, as I've completed my Canadian Investment Funds Course, and am in the process of finishing my Canadian Securites Course. It's a great bank, great company, coworkers are nice, but management can be better. Employee compensation as well can be much better. Enjoy helping clients when necessary and interacting and finding ways to improve their banking. All in all, RBC is excellent, just want to find more room to grow
Good place to work for sales oriented people
Disputes Advisor (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJanuary 23, 2016
Benefits and salary were fair. Corporate culture is a bit like a propaganda machine shoved down your throat and contradictory. If you are good at sales or respect/appreciate a sales focused company, you'll be satisfied. Sales aspect seems to be pervasive in the vast majority of roles at this bank. Usage of sports team psychology and coaching techniques are at times insulting to intelligence.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Corporate Propaganda
Great work environment with friendly co-workers.
PROJECT COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 14, 2016
Contract position that was great experience.

Work consisted of dealing with various departments regarding obtaining correct information to facilitate company goal. Reviewing potential new suppliers against corporate risks.

Learning experiences were working in a dynamic corporate setting and dealing with internal stake holders that dealt with external suppliers.

Management was good, helpful.

Co-workers were positive and helpful, great team workers.

Hardest part of job was learning to interact with various internal groups, since most groups weren't fully aware of the process to be followed.

Most enjoyable was great location.
Pros
Free coffee, positive work environment, easily accessable
Benefit to learn new technologies.
Business System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 21, 2016
Up-gradation with new technology
Keep every thing in writing
Friendly management
Co-workers very cooperative
Lots of paper work
Work from home
Pros
Nice perks
Cons
Some times long hours to work
Great Place to Work - Many Divisions
Project Manager, Capital Markets IT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 27, 2016
* Can move around through the organization as it has many divisions such as strategy, capital markets etc.
* Very good culture
Pros
Many divisions, great work life balance
Cons
large organisation so understandably risk averse
good culture
Client Advisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 2, 2016
good culture, and growth,
excellent management, ,
good co-workers,
good work locations and staff

great products and policies
great rewards and pay
Amazing corporation
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 8, 2016
Great company to work for. Strong executive team with knowledge of industry and respect for employees. Great benefits for family and for employees to grow their financial portfolios
Pros
Great organization
Decent, but leave/move up before you plateau
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 6, 2015
RBC is becoming a retail company, seeking to compete with US banks.
I worked as a teller, so if you want to move up from there you need to sell a lot of product. Otherwise more education is required.

The benefits are good, like employee purchases, insurance, and health points, and there are good incentives to perform well.

The culture really depends on the neighborhood branch you work in, and your managers. Often the staff I worked with were good to be around, with some exceptions.

As with customer service jobs, there can be some stress with clients but the key is to calm their stress.

Know RBC policy, and cover your self.
Pros
good benefits & incentives
Cons
pay is low for the responsibilities
Great Employer
Senior Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 12, 2016
My experience with Royal Bank of Canada has been truly amazing. A great place to work with lots of learning opportunities. Every day was exciting with new challenges and learning. The management was very supportive and understanding and strongly believed in open-door policy. Similar to Facebook, RBC has internal social networking platform where all employees are welcome to share their views, experiences, opinions, best practices, product information, even start a blog. I love my co-workers and every day look forward to meeting them and working in collaboration as partners.
Very supportive team
CONTROL CUSTODIAN-CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee) –  White River, ONOctober 16, 2015
If my branch was closer and open longer hours I would not of left RBC. The management team was approachable and very supportive of my learning and advancement goals. RBC had a great benefit and compensation program, along with a tremendous training program
Pros
Management Support
Cons
Travel/branch location
Wonderful place to work
Fraud Agent, Endorsements (Bilingual) (Former Employee) –  York Mills, ONApril 19, 2016
I enjoyed my second career at RBC starting at age 45. I would hard but the support of my various managers and colleagues was commendable; my interest in Fraud fighting was born and lasts to this day. Workplace Assessments led to helpful accomodation. The commute to my final position was the hardest part of the job , A whole new industry with the chance to offer innovative suggestions and to learn about varied products thus building on my prior years of bilingual help desk work in the totally unrelated telecommunications industry have encouraged me to continue seeking to fight fraud in any arena.
Pros
Learning experience; new career ; salary and benefits
Cons
Commute once my team's site relocated to over an hour each way
Great place to work!!
project manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 15, 2015
Lots of opportunities to develop your skillset and a very supportive management culture.

Development plans are highly encouraged at all levels of management and there is a strong commitment to developing human resources.
Very cool atmosphere, lots of perks but low pay
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 25, 2016
If you are into running you will enjoy working here! there is a lot to do bt it can be fun checking out new merchandise and advising.customers. there is a lot of inventory work if you are in management but if you have a good manager and coworkers the store can be a well oiled machine.
Tons of perks! Ive won sneakers three times and gotten free stuff.
The pay however is not that good.
It is a family company so the store standards are high and if they are not met that can be troublesome.

Run clubs are busy but can be fun because the same people come every week. its very social.
Pros
Fun and Lots of perks
Cons
Low pay, lots of duties. Long hours for managers
Royal Bank of Canada workplace review
Technical Service Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 12, 2016
Working at RBC was a great experience. The people were easy to work with, and there were lots of activities for team bonding. I would get off the GO Train in the morning and walk to the office. There 8 am in the morning I would go to the cafeteria for half an hour, chat with colleges before going to my office desk to work. The hardest part of the job was the deadlines, since the tasks were time consuming. At lunch time I would go to the cafeteria or go out for lunch to meet up with follow colleges working in the same building for the hour. I would leave at 5 o'clock to catch the GO Train to go home.
Pros
There was the occasional team outings at a restaurant.
Cons
When I needed information, often people were busy.
Productive Workplace
SCCM Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 28, 2016
Working at RBC Command Center in Toronto to support Technicians performing Windows XP to Windows 7 migration across Canada and globally with over 90, 000 migrations and refresh in total.
Work with technicians to resolve various issues .
Pros
Cons
Long Hours
Downtown project one of the biggest in North America
Call Centre Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 30, 2016
Part of a overnight team that made sure migrations were reported and documented. Various Escalations to be made whenever major problems occured
Pros
downtown location with all the amenities

4.2