ROUGE VALLEY HEALTH SYSTEM

ROUGE VALLEY HEALTH SYSTEM Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great place to volunteer
Emergency Department Volunteer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 20, 2015
Great place to volunteer and give back to the community. Staff are very nice and recognizing of your efforts. Times are flexible and management are understanding.
Team oriented patient focused care
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONApril 22, 2015
Pros: Valuable experience and knowledge to become a successful PSW
Cons: Not getting to spend more time there
Everyone at RVHS is friendly and dedicated to improving the quality of care for their patients. I was given an opportunity to work within the facility but was not finished my course. This hindered me from successfully getting my foot in the door with and securing a position with a Healthcare facility that worked well for me given its location.
A demanding yet dynamic workplace
Imaging Informatics Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 4, 2015
Strive to be the best, serve the community by providing access to care and support. I learned that any altruistic endeavour is extremely rewarding.

Management is supportive and always willing to listen. My colleagues are tremendous, collaborative and very helpful.

Striking the balancing of serving all interests. Making a difference to our patients.
I have only worked there as a volunteer but have found the people very helpful and appreciative of me.
Member of Volunteer Services (Current Employee), Ajax, ONAugust 19, 2014
I only work here as a volunteer.
I have greatly enjoyed the work that I am doing (data collection) and the staff I work with are great.l
cooperative, productive and healthy to work here
HIM student placement (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONJanuary 4, 2014
Pros: different holiday celebration
Cons: in winter time, its hard to get in home
1.On Friday
2.Quantatve analysis
3.My co-workers helpful
4. Need more work
5.Doing work in EHR sysem
Productive Environment
5th Floor Unit Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 6, 2013
Typical day of admissions and discharges. Frequently new obstacles and new patients. Coworkers were great.
Great supervisor, friendly colleagues
Volunteer Film Library Clerk Assistant (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONSeptember 24, 2013
Great place to learn different aspects of entry level clinical files maintenance, digitizing mammographies, computer softwares used in health care settings etc.
good management and nice work
Electrician, Responsible for Electrical (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 16, 2013
Pros: management never bother employees
Cons: management takes long time to take any dissision
I enjoy work
learned good teamwork
effective good management
co-worker's are very helpful and friendly nature
some time work on fire panel it's boring work
electrical work is enjoyable
Easy going culture, but poor staff motivation and disorganized management
Specialist role (Current Employee), RVC & RVAApril 9, 2013
Pros: frontline staff are genuine and well-intentioned
Cons: mid to senior management disorganization and incompetence
It's a great place to work if you want to just get by, clock in 9-5 etc. NOT an ideal environment/culture for highly driven performance-oriented people, as incentives are non-existent except for VPs. Staff retention is an issue here.

Management has some seriously incompetent people who will shirk every responsibility possible, or just have terrible interpersonal, project management, and communication skills.

Very strong hierarchical culture and senior team enjoys keeping power. Old school management style around here. Lack of 360-feedback makes things worse. Current CEO is fantastic and like a hawk, unfortunately VPs and their directors' primary interests are making themselves look good.

Salary can be above-average per industry standard, depends on how you negotiate. Benefits are disgraceful; I guess the other reviewers must have worked in sweatshops!
Love this job really good people
Security Supervisor (Former Employee), Ajax, ONJanuary 22, 2013
great learning experence and the staff was really easy to work and communicate with :)
Friendly staff and safe environment.
Accounts Receivable Assistant (Former Employee), ScarboroughApril 26, 2012
Pros: friendly environment
Company is focused on being the best and safety of patients and staff in the community
Exceptional Environment with extremely friendly staff
Human Resource Assistant (CO-OP STUDENT) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 24, 2012
Outstanding benefits package and a large opportunity for advancement within.
Interactive management
Experienced and professional HR department.

About ROUGE VALLEY HEALTH SYSTEM

Recent months have been extremely challenging ones for hospitals in Ontario, including the two that make up the Rouge Valley Health – Read more