ROUGE VALLEY HEALTH SYSTEM

ROUGE VALLEY HEALTH SYSTEM Employee Reviews in Canada

Productive and Efficient Department
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ONApril 16, 2016
0700-1500. Proficient in phlebotomy, Blood transfusion, Wound care, assist with vasectomy procedure. Primarily responsible for Chronic disease education Tues-Thurs.
Management is versatile and open to communication.
Co-workers are highly skilled, team players.
Hardest part of current job is when clinics are over-booked requiring fast-efficient quality care for all patients.
The most enjoyable part of the job are the patients and being able to teach them something about their health on how to maintain a quality of life to ensure them the ability to remain at home.
Pros
Patient satisfaction
Cons
Over-bookings
Productive and growing setting
Professional Practice Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 24, 2015
Rouge Valley Health System is great place to work and grow our skills. During my work placement at Rouge Valley Health System I have learned variety administrative duties. The management was really welcome new-comers and encourage them to learn and grow more. This is the best place to work and learn about health care setting.
Productive and fun workplace to work
Diagnostic Imaging Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 2, 2016
I have learned to register patients, book appts and help the patients.

My co-workers are very helpful and fun to work with.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Easy going culture, but poor staff motivation and disorganized management
Specialist role (Current Employee) –  RVC & RVAApril 9, 2013
It's a great place to work if you want to just get by, clock in 9-5 etc. NOT an ideal environment/culture for highly driven performance-oriented people, as incentives are non-existent except for VPs. Staff retention is an issue here.

Management has some seriously incompetent people who will shirk every responsibility possible, or just have terrible interpersonal, project management, and communication skills.

Very strong hierarchical culture and senior team enjoys keeping power. Old school management style around here. Lack of 360-feedback makes things worse. Current CEO is fantastic and like a hawk, unfortunately VPs and their directors' primary interests are making themselves look good.

Salary can be above-average per industry standard, depends on how you negotiate. Benefits are disgraceful; I guess the other reviewers must have worked in sweatshops!
Pros
frontline staff are genuine and well-intentioned
Cons
mid to senior management disorganization and incompetence
Friendly and great teaching environment
Physiotherapy Assistant 6 Week Placement (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ONOctober 19, 2015
At Rouge Valley Health System they were all very friendly and willing to take the time to teach me new skills in the field. A typical day for me during placement would be organizing patients files, working with patients to improve physical function, and cleaning throughout the day to avoid any spread of diseases. The most rewarding part about this job was seeing and helping the patients get better as their treatment progresses.
no support from anyone
front line worker (Former Employee) –  rvapAugust 22, 2015
terrible place to work no help .management sucks don't listen. staff will stab you and blame others for errors they will eat you!!
Pros
few friends
Cons
everything no support
Exceptional Environment with extremely friendly staff
Human Resource Assistant (CO-OP STUDENT) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 24, 2012
Outstanding benefits package and a large opportunity for advancement within.
Interactive management
Experienced and professional HR department.
Great place to continue learning
Staff/Charge Nurse, CCU/Cardiac/Telemetry (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, OntarioSeptember 2, 2015
This institution taught me to deal with different kinds of people and always been supportive with my learning. They have a lot of resources and education that help you to grow in your profession.
Great place to volunteer
Emergency Department Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 20, 2015
Great place to volunteer and give back to the community. Staff are very nice and recognizing of your efforts. Times are flexible and management are understanding.
A demanding yet dynamic workplace
Imaging Informatics Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 4, 2015
Strive to be the best, serve the community by providing access to care and support. I learned that any altruistic endeavour is extremely rewarding.

Management is supportive and always willing to listen. My colleagues are tremendous, collaborative and very helpful.

Striking the balancing of serving all interests. Making a difference to our patients.
Team oriented patient focused care
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONApril 22, 2015
Everyone at RVHS is friendly and dedicated to improving the quality of care for their patients. I was given an opportunity to work within the facility but was not finished my course. This hindered me from successfully getting my foot in the door with and securing a position with a Healthcare facility that worked well for me given its location.
Pros
Valuable experience and knowledge to become a successful PSW
Cons
Not getting to spend more time there
I have only worked there as a volunteer but have found the people very helpful and appreciative of me.
Member of Volunteer Services (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ONAugust 19, 2014
I only work here as a volunteer.
I have greatly enjoyed the work that I am doing (data collection) and the staff I work with are great.l
Great place
Project Manager Contract (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 20, 2014
Great place - enjoyed working here

Involved with future projects involving portal integration with leading vendors and CPOE (Computerized physician order entry). Providing support to other projects on clinical informatics.
Pros
shops
cooperative, productive and healthy to work here
HIM student placement (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJanuary 4, 2014
1.On Friday
2.Quantatve analysis
3.My co-workers helpful
4. Need more work
5.Doing work in EHR sysem
Pros
different holiday celebration
Cons
in winter time, its hard to get in home
Great supervisor, friendly colleagues
Volunteer Film Library Clerk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONSeptember 24, 2013
Great place to learn different aspects of entry level clinical files maintenance, digitizing mammographies, computer softwares used in health care settings etc.
Friendly staff and safe environment.
Accounts Receivable Assistant (Former Employee) –  ScarboroughApril 26, 2012
Company is focused on being the best and safety of patients and staff in the community
Pros
friendly environment
Love this job really good people
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ONJanuary 22, 2013
great learning experence and the staff was really easy to work and communicate with :)
Productive Environment
5th Floor Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 6, 2013
Typical day of admissions and discharges. Frequently new obstacles and new patients. Coworkers were great.

4.2