ROUGE VALLEY HEALTH SYSTEM Employee Reviews

Amazing work place
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 July 2017
If your are a student or looking into Career in Hospital environment this is an amazing place to start. Great experience and room to Grow. Good pay and good hours. Staff are amazing. Must have background in whatever field you're trying to get into.
Pros
Staff amazing
A Good Organization to Work For
Support Services (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 May 2017
The average day is always quite busy. One must be able to multitask and prioritize workload. Management, for the most part, is very fair in this rapidly changing environment. Everyone there works towards the common goal of providing quality care. I have thoroughly enjoy my time working there, through the ups and downs.
work short do more with less
Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON7 April 2017
come in worker sick not replaced have to do same amount of work for less
Manager was never in department covers many areas and always at meetings
would not even drop in to say hi
Great Place
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 February 2017
Excellent organization that is driven by patient satisfaction and maintaining excellence in patient care delivery.
Busy office with friendly staff members
Medical Office Assistant (Volunteer) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 February 2017
I have been working here for about 3 weeks, and my duties are filing, booking appoitments, greeting patients, answering phone calls, and calling to confirm patients' upcoming appointments.
Difficult management
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON28 August 2016
At the centenary site- management needs to really needs to rethink their structure. Cutting front line workers like RN's, RPN's, PSWs is not an effective way to cut costs because it just jeopardizes patient care- the main reason why a hospital is in business.
Pros
ONA union, Hoopp
Cons
old computer systems, pharmacy work short hours & do not have enough staff, nurse to patient ratio can be anywhere from 1:5 to 1:10 depending on department. Unsafe
Productive and fun workplace to work
Diagnostic Imaging Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 June 2016
I have learned to register patients, book appts and help the patients.

My co-workers are very helpful and fun to work with.
Pros
Free coffee
Productive and Efficient Department
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON16 April 2016
0700-1500. Proficient in phlebotomy, Blood transfusion, Wound care, assist with vasectomy procedure. Primarily responsible for Chronic disease education Tues-Thurs.
Management is versatile and open to communication.
Co-workers are highly skilled, team players.
Hardest part of current job is when clinics are over-booked requiring fast-efficient quality care for all patients.
The most enjoyable part of the job are the patients and being able to teach them something about their health on how to maintain a quality of life to ensure them the ability to remain at home.
Pros
Patient satisfaction
Cons
Over-bookings
Productive and growing setting
Professional Practice Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 November 2015
Rouge Valley Health System is great place to work and grow our skills. During my work placement at Rouge Valley Health System I have learned variety administrative duties. The management was really welcome new-comers and encourage them to learn and grow more. This is the best place to work and learn about health care setting.
Friendly and great teaching environment
Physiotherapy Assistant 6 Week Placement (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON19 October 2015
At Rouge Valley Health System they were all very friendly and willing to take the time to teach me new skills in the field. A typical day for me during placement would be organizing patients files, working with patients to improve physical function, and cleaning throughout the day to avoid any spread of diseases. The most rewarding part about this job was seeing and helping the patients get better as their treatment progresses.
Great place to continue learning
Staff/Charge Nurse, CCU/Cardiac/Telemetry (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, Ontario2 September 2015
This institution taught me to deal with different kinds of people and always been supportive with my learning. They have a lot of resources and education that help you to grow in your profession.
no support from anyone
front line worker (Former Employee) –  rvap22 August 2015
terrible place to work no help .management sucks don't listen. staff will stab you and blame others for errors they will eat you!!
Pros
few friends
Cons
everything no support
Great place to volunteer
Emergency Department Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 May 2015
Great place to volunteer and give back to the community. Staff are very nice and recognizing of your efforts. Times are flexible and management are understanding.
Team oriented patient focused care
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON22 April 2015
Everyone at RVHS is friendly and dedicated to improving the quality of care for their patients. I was given an opportunity to work within the facility but was not finished my course. This hindered me from successfully getting my foot in the door with and securing a position with a Healthcare facility that worked well for me given its location.
Pros
Valuable experience and knowledge to become a successful PSW
Cons
Not getting to spend more time there
A demanding yet dynamic workplace
Imaging Informatics Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 March 2015
Strive to be the best, serve the community by providing access to care and support. I learned that any altruistic endeavour is extremely rewarding.

Management is supportive and always willing to listen. My colleagues are tremendous, collaborative and very helpful.

Striking the balancing of serving all interests. Making a difference to our patients.
I have only worked there as a volunteer but have found the people very helpful and appreciative of me.
Member of Volunteer Services (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON19 August 2014
I only work here as a volunteer.
I have greatly enjoyed the work that I am doing (data collection) and the staff I work with are great.l
Great place
Project Manager Contract (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 March 2014
Great place - enjoyed working here

Involved with future projects involving portal integration with leading vendors and CPOE (Computerized physician order entry). Providing support to other projects on clinical informatics.
Pros
Shops
Cons
cooperative, productive and healthy to work here
HIM student placement (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON4 January 2014
1.On Friday
2.Quantatve analysis
3.My co-workers helpful
4. Need more work
5.Doing work in EHR sysem
Pros
Different holiday celebration
Cons
In Winter time, Its hard to get in home
Productive Environment
5th Floor Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 December 2013
Typical day of admissions and discharges. Frequently new obstacles and new patients. Coworkers were great.
Great supervisor, friendly colleagues
Volunteer Film Library Clerk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON24 September 2013
Great place to learn different aspects of entry level clinical files maintenance, digitizing mammographies, computer softwares used in health care settings etc.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ROUGE VALLEY HEALTH SYSTEM. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3