Roterra Screw Piling Ltd. is an industry leader in the design, supply and installation of helical screw piles. Our manufacturing facility is located in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada and we service all of Western Canada. Roterra Screw Piling’s team of engineers, manufactures, and installers provide a turn-key solution for your foundation needs. Roterra Screw Piling currently services residential and industrial construction, the oil and gas industry, and the transmission and distribution industries. Roterra puts people at the centre of everything we do and our safety target is a zero injury workforce. When you join Roterra Screw Piling, you will receive challenging and rewarding work assignments, be provided with opportunities for personal and professional growth, be recognized for performance, and enjoy a competitive compensation package.
Roterra Screw Piling Ltd.
$70-100k/year, Bonus, Subsidized Benefit Plan
- Estimates construction materials, technical spec., employee hours, cost and any other job requirements for a project.
- Applies technical experience to interpret documentation, specifications, and design drawings.
- Assists in the development of estimating plan to establish estimate/proposal strategies.
- Evaluates, assess, and addresses situational factors such as complexities, conditions, and trends, etc.
- Effectively analyzes construction benchmarks and historical costs.
- Participates in presentation of estimates/proposals to corporate management.
- Identifies potential risks, opportunities, and alternative solutions.
- Strives for continual process improvement and or efficiencies.
- Collectively maintains estimating historical benchmarking data base.
- Perform material take-offs and systematically estimate costs involving: Fabrication, Manufacturing, pressure vessel/piping systems and construction projects.
- Obtains, reviews and maintains documentation of third party pricing.
- Populates the necessary estimates/proposals documents such as clarifications lists, tender forms, work break down structures, rates schedules, etc
- Performs quality checks on estimates to ensure accuracy.
- Attend and participate in team as well as functional meetings; provide insight with regards to current/outstanding issues and weekly progress.
- Attend and participate in site-visits, pre-bid meeting and post-bid meeting as required.
- Interface and provide on-going technical support to construction.
- Ensures all documentation is relevant and available to support the development of estimates/proposals.
- Collectively maintains the estimate/proposal files as back-up for the estimate/proposal including acute information on qualifications, labour rates, construction equipment rates, material pricing from suppliers, -subcontract pricing from third parties vendors, benchmarks of historical productivity figures, etc.
- Track and record and post awards and rejections for continuous improvement and history tracking.
- Minimum of 2+ years of extensive, practical and successful experience in organizing and preparing progressive cost estimates for construction or industrial projects.
- Construction Engineering Technologist Diploma or Professional Engineer Designation an asset.
- Expert computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite specifically Excel, Adobe Acrobat.
- Thorough knowledge of estimating techniques and strategies.
- Thorough knowledge of industrial construction.
- Having excellent organizational and decision making/problem solving skills.
- Ability to calculate mathematical extensions, analyze and understand construction drawings, associated documentation, contracts, cost coding systems, work breakdown structures, etc.
- Ability to assume responsibility and to interface and to communicate effectively with others, having strong interpersonal skills and self-motivation.
- Periodic visits to the project work site may be required.
Roterra Screw Piling Ltd. would like to thank all those who apply. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We encourage you to keep up to date on our current Career Opportunities by visiting our website at www.roterra.ca