Ross Dress For Less

Ross Dress For Less Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Day at Ross
Sale Associate (Former Employee), Lauderdale Lakes, FLAugust 5, 2015
A typical day at ross include working with a lot of customers with different personalities. I would greet every customers that I see make sure to help them find whatever they are looking for.Working at Ross I have learn how to communicate better with customers and also learned to work smarter.
fast paced working environment
Stock Clerk (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 4, 2015
Cons: not enough hours
management was not the best
great room for growth
paid training
customer service training
ok pay
ok benefits
ok hours
do not hire for full time or promote for full time
productive kept you on your toes. face paced environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), east las vegasAugust 4, 2015
my time at ross was a great opportunty for me to expand my experiences in my career. i believed that the work environment was not for me. But it helped opened up my opportuntys
Good place for a beginning job
DDS discount (Former Employee), Ontario, CAAugust 4, 2015
we used to work their for so many hours and the pay is only 9 dollars per hour.good place to work part time when going to school.
Fun and fast paced environment
Cashier/retail associate (Current Employee), HawaiiAugust 4, 2015
Pros: 20% discount, friendly co-workers, always have something to do
Cons: Dislike working in the stockroom, and customers don't clean up after themselves
I currently work at Ross, but I was only hired as a temp/seasonal. I love my job! I love working cashier, and getting TRUE cards. The employees are very friendly. They praise me for my good work. I learn very quickly and believe that I may advance later on. Although I've only been working there for about a month, I've already been told I've been doing a really good job. My hours are great too. They give me a lot of ours and I love it/
Productive and friendly place to work
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), NCAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Friendly and inviting staff
Cons: Not enough hours
I would most likely work the fitting room or on the register. Every day would deal with talking to customers making sure that their needs are met as much as possible. Management and co-workers were always there to lend a helping hand. Working here there was not much of a challenge due to the face that I have been working within retail for a couple of years.
Happy environment
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee), Tinley Park, ILAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Great management
Cons: Not busy enough and low pay
It was a very fun opportunity to work with such great team members. Great rewards for people who go above and beyond! I showed above and beyond and had gotten moved up in my first month working there.
its ok
Stocker (Former Employee), rock hillAugust 3, 2015
Cons: part time
just a part time job. easy, and fulfilling to help customers on the floor looking for specific items. people I worked were nice and friendly
too much to do for 1 person
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Montebello, CAAugust 3, 2015
Pros: 20% discount
Cons: hours sucked
There was usually 1 cashier for a really long line. I got experience since it was my first job. They where not flexible with my schedule, scheduled me very few hours during the week, but where always calling me at night or on the weekends to fill in for others knowing that I needed the hours. Management only cared about getting the job done so they would get a pat on the back by district manager "crazy lady" always mad about something never satisfied.
Memorable experence
Area Supervisor (Former Employee), Wichita Falls, TXAugust 2, 2015
Pros: Excellent benifits
Cons: No advancement opportunities
Awesome place to work with a crew of exceptional associates. Fun, fast pace, and educational place to work. You are encouraged to learn and grow at your own pace, however, opportunities for advancement are strictly limited.
Nothing to do on breaks,
AREA SUPERVISOR/STORE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAAugust 1, 2015
Pros: discount.
Cons: Nothing to do in the break room.
Greeting customers, cashiering, off loading the truck. Processing and running out the merchandise, It's fun when the store is fully staffed. We can actually get our jobs done.
Fast and energetic
Front end cashier (Former Employee), 9104 s. Westremn AveAugust 1, 2015
Very fun and productive work environment that provides excellent customer service. My co-workers were very friendly and were great team members. The managers are great examples of leaders and very polite and helpful to the staff.
fun fashion work enviorment
Cashier/Sales Associate/Stock (Former Employee), mansfield txAugust 1, 2015
Pros: great customers and fashion
Cons: less pay
Ross was a good one, its weird that Ross was oone of my best Jobs. it taught me Great customer service, fast and friendly checkouts, it taught me how to create a safe and secure enviorment as well as inventory.
A fast productive work place, and greate discounts
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 31, 2015
Pros: Free lunches every friday, 20% discount off anything in the store.
Cons: short breaks.
A typical day at ross is coming in 15 minutes until I clock in, Then I start my day working on my section of that day. I've learned that nothing is handed to you, you have to work for what you want in life (closed mouths don't get fed). The management could have been better it wasn't professional. My coworkers treated me like family they gave off so much positive energy. The hardest part of my job was taking the septa bus sometimes it would go on strike. My most enjoyable moments were meeting new people.
Easy to get ahead within the company.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Portland, ORJuly 30, 2015
If you are a hard worker at this company, the management will take notice and offer advancement! The co-workers were all very friendly and it was a positive experience to work there.
proactive fast pace
stock room supervisor (Former Employee), northglenn coloradoJuly 30, 2015
Pros: weekends and holidays
Cons: to much phyisical work
it was fun unloading trucks and processing clothing to be put on the floor that day and it was a strategy job when it came to making sure u make the right moves to complete everything in the stock room in one day. i learned how to time manage a lot better and how to control a larger group of associates. my co workers were a joy to work along side with and the enjoyed me as there manager. the hardest part of the job was not knowing exactly what was coming on truck and was either over payroll or under payroll. the most enjoyable part of this job was the whole job its self.
Productive and fast pace
Retail Associate, Cashier/Sales Floor (Former Employee), Bellingham, WAJuly 30, 2015
It was a good establishment to be a retail associate and cahsier at, I had a pretty positive experience working for them.
Busy retail life
Retail Associate (Former Employee), Magnolia, TXJuly 30, 2015
The store is nice and leaves room for advancement, but the Ross as a company isn't worker friendly. It is the average fast paced environment of a retail store which allows long shifts to go by quickly.
Productive and Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Sugarland TxJuly 29, 2015
Your typical job for someone fresh out of high school or on summer break for college. But a fun place to work with great understanding management. Fun place to grow and make new friends
ross
Store Protection Specialist (Former Employee), Forsyth, ILJuly 29, 2015
Ross was an interesting company to work for. I worked there for a total of 7 months. I enjoyed the customer interaction and my co workers.
Industry