Ross Dress For Less
2,317 reviews

Ross Dress For Less Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun Work Place
Cashier, Sales Associate, Stock (Former Employee), Florida MiamiJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: pay for lunches
Cons: short breakes
My typical day at work was enjoyable I learned how deal with people that comes from a different background then me my manager was very helpful great attitude if it's a problem I cant handle he was always available to take care of the problem right away my Co-workers was like a second family to me very fun to work with enjoyable always helpful there was no hard part about the job the most enjoyable part about the job was being around people that comes from a different background from me
fun environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAJanuary 30, 2015
Coming into work welcomed by fellow co-workers. I enjoy learning more about ROSS and its policies and the people that plays a part of the store. The most enjoyable part of the job are Mondays which are markdown days.
I really enjoyed working here
Ross Retail Associate (Former Employee), Midland, TXJanuary 30, 2015
Amazing place with friendly people. Worked great around school hours. Fast paste, very busy But I really enjoyed working there and it was safe felt very welcomed.
A great work experience with even better management
Loss Prevention / Cashier (Former Employee), Culver city CaJanuary 30, 2015
The days at work were short, but productive . i learned to work as a team and share information. My managers were friendly helpful, and effective with training. the hardest part of the job was dealing with unstable customers .
productive fast and fun
Store Associate (Former Employee), Plano, TXJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: many benifits, growing company high securiety
Cons: short breaks
Ross was a very fun and organized everything was easy to find which made helping customers even easier and faster my supervisors were very understanding and extremely helpful.
Great part time job.
Sale Associate (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 30, 2015
Over all working at Ross it was a great job and I disliked that I couldn't get that many hours. Co Worker and management was okay.
Amazing if there were proper managers
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), North Richland Hills, TXJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: 20% discount on all merchandise, great co-workers, amazing atmosphere
Cons: bad management, short breaks, no hours, only one full time employee other than the managers, and again... terrible management!
I love Ross and all my co-workers, but management is awful. We've gone so long without a store manager or assistant supervisors who know what they're doing. Only one of the managers truly works hard. I love the fast pace environment, and interacting with the customers. It's the best part of the job. The hardest part of the job is dealing with management. Terrible hours are given. For example, you can have completely open availability, but an employee who doesn't and goes to school full time still gets more hours. Nobody does the scheduling correctly. Your requests for anything are pretty much denied. If the store was run differently with better, and PROPERLY TRAINED managers it would be the best store on earth. I shop at Ross more than any other store, so to work here is heaven. However, when the store isn't ran correctly, and you're an employee it's a nightmare.
Love this store
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: breaks, atmosphere
I was in college so I didnt geet hours but you may get frustated having 30 minutes to clean up store be fore closing and seeing the things you find in the dressing rooms
A very busy job
Loss Prevention Coordinator (Former Employee), Vista, CAJanuary 29, 2015
It was a very busy job sometimes could get scary at times dealing with negative customer. I didnt like the fact the we as loss prevention agents wasnt able to carry weapons because you never know who or what someone else had if they were trying to steal.
Regular retail work place.
Store Protection Specialist (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: they would buy food for us once a month and thats if you were accident free for 30+ days
Cons: short breaks, compensation.
A typical day at Ross Dress for Less went a little something like this. I would walk in, clock in, do my first perimeter check of the store, check base decks as I'm doing my walk, walk into the stock room make sure my associates are not stashing any merchandise that they could potentially steal or buy since the customer are suppose to have first selection of everything. The hardest part was the management team, each of them wanted something different from you or for you to do, it was hard to try and keep everyone happy. The most enjoyable part was when we had potlucks, everyone seems to enjoy food and that brought a lot of people together.
n/a
Store Manager (Current Employee), durham ncJanuary 28, 2015
Ross is a fortune 500 company that is continually growing and changing. being California based they follow rules that are beyond the federal government's requirements. They offer benefits to domestic partners which I feel is wonderful and they attempt to maintain a life balance, but they sometimes push to hard
It's what you make of it.
Area Supervisor (Current Employee), Marietta, GAJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: scheduling
Working for Ross has been wonderful. The Leaders in the building work hand in hand to make sure that our customers and associates enjoy coming in the building. We love making our store a GREAT place to shop so that our customers are able to find our treasure's and we provide TRUE customer experience.
Fun work place with great staff
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 27, 2015
Was given this opportunity to gain work experience and learned a lot about working as a group to make everything come together.
Great environment to work in, positive management team
Retail associate (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: great employees work at ross, very friendly place, flexible work schedules
Cons: raises are really low, not enough discipline for bad employees, management needs a little tending too.
5 years-Retail associate
2 years-Stock position leader/supervisor
Job skills: merchandising, scanning/receiving truck, leading team of about 10 associates, customer service, organizing product fixtures
Currently working
Cashier Front Supervisor
Cashier Front Supervisor (Former Employee), Sparks, NVJanuary 25, 2015
I was the front supervisor and cashier. I learned how to handle a cashier, returns, tag clothes and merchandise, organize store sections by color, idem, size and price. I got along great with my co-workers they were a lot of help when i first started and i caught on quickly with there help, there were great vibes between us all. In all the job would get difficult when super busy and not enough employees but we would get the job done no stress and in a quickly manor. i think the most enjoyable part of the job was having such great co-workers because what is going to work without getting along great with the people you are going to work with. They made the job fun and we always had great costumers.
It's like working for Hitler (just less charm)
Store Protection Specialist (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: lies
Worked there for 2 years and never missed a day.

My job was loss prevention. Which is basically being a "greeter" as rules basically prevent you from stopping theft.

I was given less than a month's notice that my job was being done away. I was up for an Area Supervisor job. Instead of interviewing me for anything, the company brought in outside people who they could pay less to.

Awesome. Joking. Horrible DM, horribile SM and dumb ALPM/
FUN PLACE TO WORK
Casheir (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCJanuary 24, 2015
ENJOY WORKING THERE. NICE PLACE TO WORK. I ENJOY INTERACTING WITH DIFFERENT INDIVIDUALS EVERYDAY.THE MANAGERS ARE WONDERFUL AND PROVIDE ON GOING TRAINING ON THE JOB.
what i learned
Retail Associate (Former Employee), Cordova, TNJanuary 24, 2015
Greets customers, promotes company products, and sells them to the customer. Responsible for handling payment, and thanking customers. Communicate with customers, teammates, and managers in a respectful manner. Solve customer queries or concerns related to the products that they purchase. Ensure customers satisfaction and safety at store.
great
Customer Service /Sales Associate (Former Employee), Beaumont, CAJanuary 23, 2015
loved it, amazing place to work...special deals and incentives for employess...excellent hours. happy environment!!!
Ok for a college student
AREA SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: free snacks, off when needed
Cons: do not get paid enough
Slightly ok for a college student.
Quick advancement for college students but beware, once you move you are required to work more hours. Boss tends to forget your degree is more important than working at a low paying job.

About Ross Dress For Less

Our customers love a great deal. That makes our mission simple: to provide exciting bargains, every day, in every store. It takes – Read more

Ross Dress For Less Photos