Ross Dress For Less

Ross Dress For Less Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
good place to work
Retail Associate (Former Employee), Henderson, NVMay 31, 2015
Pros: good employees
Cons: lack of management
The time I work at ross I learn more about customer service there was lack of management at the moment but is a good place to learn and challenge yourself to get better
Very Flexible and will work with your schedule.
Sales Associate, Cashier (Former Employee), New Castle, DEMay 29, 2015
Compensation is low, but the managers are very nice and friendly along with the employee's. Other than the compensation there are no real issues or complaints about the job.
Great place for growth
Area Supervisor/Manager On Duty (Current Employee), Columbia, SCMay 29, 2015
Pros: culture of recognition and promotion
Cons: Managing the day to day processes with very little support from upper management.
At Ross, if you work hard and show that you are dependable, there is great opportunity for promotion. They are really big on promoting from within and are willing to give anyone that chance as long as they work hard.
Always busy
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMMay 29, 2015
Pros: great opportunities to move up
Cons: a lot of gossip goes on and also favoritism
Good place to work always on the go. My first retail job , i learned a lot here, caught on quick and became an important member of the team
Ross dress for Less and work for less
Cashier Associate (Current Employee), Buena Park, CAMay 28, 2015
Pros: Fast paced, they are able to wrk w/ur schedule if u have another job.
Cons: geared toward partimers, stingy on hrs. Horrible public.
I worked several depts. within the store so here it goes, as a cashier your job is easy all you have to do is be fast and friendly bag their stuff and get em out as fast as you can and call the next one in line. Because our store only had 2 cashiers if we were lucky. chances are you are one of the cashiers, theres a long line of people who don't like to wait and they start yelling and screaming, no joke. As a stock room associate they have a small budget which means they never have enough people to work it, so you have to be fast in processing merchandise and running it around the entire store. – more... As they scream out your name on blast on the PA so and so come back to stock room with an empty hummer cart! no joke. Fitting Room attendant customers try on clothes you give them a number 8 being the highest of how many apparel items they can try on. People not all people steal stuff, and you basically have to watch them like a hawk how they are dressed when they came in as opposed to how they come out, some people were shady they would stuff clothing in their bras, shirts, pants, strollers where the worst! last but not least Front End Supervisor, I did exchanges and returns, and heard plenty of complaints, beware of the people returning stuff, some not all would return stuff that wasn't even our merchandise, or merchandise wouldn't match the receipt. Be weary of that. They only hire the majority of part timers. your hours when they hire you they say are 25hrs a week but in reality its 12 to 20 hrs a week if your lucky. As a part timer I was one of the lucky ones because i knew multiple depts. I was able to call and pick up hrs. Oh yea and you have to be fast, if your not fast everyone picks on you, so if your new to the co. prepare to get harassed. remember the co. is stingy on budget and hours but yet they want you to do full time work loads, ridiculous! I liked my manager which was the only reason I stayed as long as i did, my manager was fair, honest and to the point. – less
Okay to Work For
Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Gastonia, NCMay 28, 2015
More of a job for a high school student, or college student looking for summer work. Not very good management, unclean store.
SPS- Minimizing Operational shortage and maintaining secure environments.
SPS- Shortage Protection Specialist (Former Employee), Manassas, VAMay 28, 2015
Pros: Flexible retail envitronment
Cons: Limited quality of life balance.
Good experience with no long term prospects. My typical working day would involve a checklist of assigned duties/ responsibilities supporting the stores operation. Promoting a culture within this store for good shortage and safety behaviors.
productive and new opportunities
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee), pittsburg, caMay 27, 2015
Working for ross, was both intense and fun. You get many new opportunities to move up into the company and meet a diverse and fun people.
good place for student
Stock Clerk (Current Employee), Visalia, CAMay 27, 2015
Pros: flexible hours, good enviornment, great place to work and shop
Cons: more hours and full time positions
good place to work, especially if your a student, but if your looking for hours and full time position this is not the place to work,
Very busy work environment.
Lead Customer Service Associate/Area Supervisor (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 27, 2015
Pros: Management is very flexible with your schedule.
Cons: Sometimes management can be a little unorganized and not on the same page.
Ross is always a very busy work environment. I have worked at Ross stores for 14yrs. I have learned and gained the experiences as a supervisor, cashier, and a great customer service representative.

Management is ok, some better than others but for the most part they are a good team.

Co-workers there are great! We know how to work and have fun together. Working retail is very hard, but when we are having a bad day, we cheer each other up.

Hardest part about the job is that sometimes working with the public people can be very mean.

The most enjoyable part of the job is that I can shop while I work, and co-workers and I take the time to try and make our day a little fun.
SPS (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMay 26, 2015
Working here was good, management wasn't the best. Co-workers were very friendly, i cant say that i've ever had a problem working there.
Great first job that was close to home. I could actually walk to work.
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Torrance, CAMay 25, 2015
Pros: Great discounts and close to home.
Cons: Work scheduled constantly changing.
Great opportunities for growth. Held many positions during my employment and also traveled to open new store locations in different states. Upper management very approachable and fun to work with. Loved my job but hated not having a set schedule.
Horrible
Morning Stocker (Former Employee), Abilene, TXMay 25, 2015
I only lasted 4 months before quitting. Completely unorganized, rude management, ridiculous goal expectation and would not recommend.
A great plce
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Port Arthur, TXMay 25, 2015
Pros: employee discounts
Cons: short breals
I loved every single one of my co workers. they were great people and we all got along well. the most stressful part was the managers didn't get along. but overall a great place to work
Fun place to work at, great company
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee), Slidell, LAMay 24, 2015
Fast paced, check customer out, answers any questions a customer may have. Answer the telephone, do layaways and returns. I learned how to talk to customers in a respecful way, always putting them first. I learned how to be a responsible worker and to be dedicated and have good attendance. My bosses and the management were great to work with and I felt they treated us all equally. The hardest part was trying to be in three places at one time. The most enjoyable part was pleasing the customers and working with great people.
A very productive work.
Sales Associate, Cashier (Current Employee), Wentzville, MOMay 23, 2015
Pros: discounts
Ross is a very productive workplace, the job itself is not hard. Nothing about the job is enjoyable. its an alright company for anyone who needs a job.
Average retail experience
Retail Associate (Former Employee), State College, PAMay 23, 2015
It's exactly what you would expect. Shoddy wages but the best part about the job is your coworkers. Managers are typical managers - they need to fill the scheduling gaps and will do what they can depending on how hard you work and how often you're late. Flexible with school because it's a college town. Dress code is kind of tacky but it's doable. Team building is kind of a joke within the company.
Very productive place to for work for
Assistant Manager Internship (Current Employee), Lawrenceville, GAMay 23, 2015
Pros: Largest Off apparel chains in the US
Cons: Compensation.
It is the largest off apparel chain the US. It has a tremendous amount of growth and it is growing at an unprecedent rate compared to its competitors.
not a great job
Stockroom Associate (Former Employee), East Wenatchee, WAMay 22, 2015
Pros: employee discounts
Cons: weekends chaos!!!
I came to work, everything was unorganized and employees bickering all day long. the pay sucked too! management was the only good thing in that job.
Great benefits
Full Time Sales Associate (Former Employee), Greenwood, SCMay 22, 2015
Ross was a great place to work. The customers were amazing and some co-workers were great but the company was expanding too quickly and did not properly train management. The policy and procedures worked well for the company as did the product. The pay was decent. However lack of management experience caused the employees to be less dedicated or disciplined.

About Ross Dress For Less

Our customers love a great deal. That makes our mission simple: to provide exciting bargains, every day, in every store. It takes – Read more

Ross Dress For Less Photos