Ross Dress For Less

Ross Dress For Less Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great people
Retail Associate (Current Employee), Smyrna, TNSeptember 2, 2014
I tag, size, and sort clothes and put them out on the sales floor racks when I get done. I have learned a lot about the retail industry and the duties of being a Stockroom associate. I love my Manager and co-workers, they are so helpful and great people to work with. The hardest part of my job is seeing all the cool stuff we receive but not buying it – more... and I most enjoy helping customers find the things they are looking for while providing great customer service and shopping experience. – less
Good company but needs strong leaders
Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Opelika, ALSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: good bebifts, shopping discount.
Cons: no team work
I really ejoyed the work place. The store was going through a lot of changing. It was hard to teach co-worker how to work on production. The manager was a good person and I felt like the associates took advantage of her. Everyone was for themselves and no team work.
management was the worst
Front End Supervisor/ Loss Prevention (Former Employee), Idaho Falls, IDSeptember 2, 2014
Cons: everything
manger didnt care for anything but herself, had to work a job that pays more a lot and they never paid me for the job i was doing
Comfortable & Easy
Store Protection Specialist (Former Employee), Raleigh/Atlanta,NC/GASeptember 2, 2014
Pros: 20% discount
Cons: could get a bit boring
As a store protection specialist(SPS) at Ross, you are required to stand at the entrance 90% of your shift greeting customers with a smile. This job is ideal for social butterflies and people who love to interact with people. It is a very easy job. You do not have to worry about apprehending shoplifters. SPS are only to deter theft with their presence.
fast-paced environment
Retail Associate (Current Employee), Portland, ORSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: discounts, productive work, breaks
Cons: hours get cut
Everyday is a productive day and one never gets bored. Job is for is fast-paced from cashier to sales floor and stock room. it is fun to have provide great customer services
Intense but fun
Area Supervisor (Former Employee), Burlington, WAAugust 31, 2014
Enjoyed my time at the Burlington Ross. Transferred to the Bellingham Ross and was disappointed at the horrible management.
The staff worked together as a team. The management team were very welcoming.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Deerfield Beach, FLAugust 31, 2014
Each staff member was very helpful during my first week working there. Any questions I had, they were willing to answer. Each Assistant Manager made working at Ross very fun. They were also willing to answer any question without hesitation.
Professional Environment and team work when needed
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), New York. New YorkAugust 31, 2014
Enjoyed learning about different aspects of the law. Daily client contact on the phone and in person.
No value
Retail Associate (Former Employee), Fayetteville NCAugust 30, 2014
It sucks big time the management stinks we had four different store managers in one year...No room for advancement....only get like 10-15 hours per week
wouldnt do it again
Cashier/Stock room buddy trainer (Former Employee), Albany, GaAugust 29, 2014
Pros: friendly atmosphere most times
Cons: everything else
it was low pay and unreal expectations while in the stock room and my entire time there I was the number 1 worker as well as the stockroom trainer but I had 3 people who had never worked in the stock room promoted ahead of me as well as the would change your schedule on your off days and not tell you
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New Braunfels, TXAugust 29, 2014
Ross is a great place to work if you are a student or still in high school. The manager's that were there were great! very understanding and outgoing.
A great company to work for
Auditor / Investigations (Former Employee), ROSS was located in South AfricaAugust 29, 2014
Pros: company fuel and vehicle maintenance
Auditing retail stores for compliance to policies and procedures including Health and Safety.
Compile report with photos in Power point with concerns and suggestions
Submit reports to Head Office and the Client
Assisted with recruiting and training
Energetic and positive environment
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee), Marysville, WAAugust 29, 2014
Pros: ability to expand my knowledge by allowing me to learn as much as possible, co-workers
Cons: short hours
As a Front End Supervisor I managed 5-9 cashiers at a time and processed and re tagged returns/exchanges. I enjoyed my co-workers and management for allowing me to work in every area of our store. I enjoyed showing customers new treasures daily.
flexible schedules, low pay
Costumer Service, Cashier (Former Employee), grand prairieAugust 29, 2014
more than average work with a low salary, flexible hours. Nice people as coworkers
A fast paced big box discount retail operation.
Store Manager (Former Employee), Portland, ORAugust 28, 2014
Pros: great support and team.
Cons: too many audits.
Ross dress for less is a great company. A typical day at Ross involved 150 tasks with the possibility of finishing 80. This kept you on your toes and made your days feel very productive.
With bonuses I earned roughly 65k.
The management and support was great. The district manager was always there for us.
The hardest part of the job was the audits, you – more... would get audited almost daily, a store walk, a loss prevention audit, and HR audit, it just kept going. This helped us with our stores success.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the development and potential advancements. – less
General
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMAugust 28, 2014
Worked here in college but not the best thing for a career minded individual.
fun place to work for fast pace
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Santa Rosa, CAAugust 27, 2014
Good company to work if you want to follow a career with the company
Excellent job if you enjoy working face to face with customers.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Bel Air, MarylandAugust 27, 2014
Pros: great discount, fair breaks
Cons: little hours
Great way to establish retail and customer service. Scheduling is flexible and managers are willing to work around school schedules. They also work towards fixing complaints and making the store comfortable for both employees and customers.
great management
Frontend Supervisor (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 27, 2014
great place to work . meet different people. was there for about 3 years . friendly employees.
Productive and fun workplace.
Area Supervisor (Current Employee), Schaumburg, ILAugust 27, 2014
Pros: the possibility for growth.
Cons: transferability.
I have learned a lot about managing and measuring work. The hardest part of the job would be time management, knowing when to let a task that is not so important to go, to make room for a task that can become more urgent. The most enjoyable thing about my job is the energy that my associates bring to work every day.

About Ross Dress For Less

Our customers love a great deal. That makes our mission simple: to provide exciting bargains, every day, in every store. It takes – Read more

Ross Dress For Less Photos