Ross Dress For Less
2,701 reviews

Ross Dress For Less Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive day wokring at ross
Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJune 25, 2015
A typical day at work would be clocking in and doing the daily schedule, signing in to a register and calling the next customer in line.
I have learned how to be patient and being friendly to each customer that comes in contact with you.
Management is well oriented stays on task with everything.
My co-workers are very fun to work with and are also very friendly with customers.
The hardest part of the job would be when the store is very busy and the lines and very long because there wouldn't be enough registers open.
The most enjoyable part of the job was having fun with co-workers and customers
Fast past and productive
Cash Office Associate (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 24, 2015
A typical day at work was counting final daily closes from the day before. I didn't learn anything that I already knew. The management was disorganization with keeping track of logins and hours. They lacked communication within their team and staff. hardest part of my job was having all the drawers counted, stocked , and open in the little time I had.
Productive and fun working place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Davie, FLJune 24, 2015
Management is well oriented stays on task with everything.
The most enjoyable part of the job was having fun with co-workers and customers.
Great co workers and easy to learn jobn
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Layton, UTJune 24, 2015
Pros: Short shift
Cons: Lack of flexablilty
Customer service, cashiering, and merchandise handling, keeping to store organized and clean. Providing a friendly atmosphere for customers
Typical day at Ross
Retail Associate/Cashier/Stock Team (Former Employee), Saint Louis, MOJune 23, 2015
Pros: employee discounts
A typical day at Ross can be very enjoyable. I loved all my co-workers who were friendly and very helpful. My managers were great. I loved coming to work until my hours got shorter and shorter. I wasnt getting enough hours to take care of my son's need, so I quit and went job huntting the same day.
Awful place to work.
Cashier (Current Employee), Fort Walton Beach, FLJune 23, 2015
Pros: Coworkers
Cons: Everything else
Management sucks, low pay, no hours. There is no structure at all, and always short people. Working for this company is truly awful
Not bad
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Kailua KonaJune 22, 2015
Busy atmosphere, makes days go by quicker.
Competitive pay, and reasonable schedule. Management really cared about workers wants and needs.
A true work family
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mooresville, NCJune 22, 2015
This is a very warm work place. The employees and managers are caring and understanding. The only con i can say is that they do not give you enough hours. I understand this is not their fault and it is due to budget cut and hiring more people for the season.
you better be fast and learn quick or get the axe.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Buena Park, CAJune 22, 2015
Pros: discounts, gain retail knowledge, employee of the month gets you $50.00
Cons: not enough shifts or hours, no benefits, low pay, stressed managers, you clean restrooms.
Ross is a good place to work for because it gives you a good direction of the retail industry learning the odds and outs etc. I worked multiple departments from cashier, stockroom, fitting room and front end supervisor, I learned a lot and survived there because i never said no. If they asked me to stay, I stayed, If they asked me so and so called out so do you wanna learn a new department today? I was like sure lets do this. I never said no, even if i didn't like it or didn't want to do it, I never said no, it made me more knowledgable about the store our merchandise, and our customers. Which resulted in more hours and more shifts, and trust me when i say working part time in retail is brutal. I would see others who weren't fast enough or didn't pull their own weight in working or lazy etc. They would be let go. I hired in as a seasonal and they liked how i worked so they kept me. Oh yea another way i survived was that I stayed out of politics, I was polite and courteous to everyone even to those who don't deserve it. My advice work hard learn as much as you can, do as much as you can, and once your comfortable find another job that lists all the skills you learned here find full time and get paid more. This job is good as a stepping stone to find another better job, but not good to have a career here. Management is always stressed out here and we get new managers at our location like every year, I'm not kidding! We had some good ones and we had some ogres. I have not been promoted and yet still do supervisor duties and do not get the said title or pay. one more thing if you get employee of the month you get $50.00 added to your paycheck automatically. and we do get employee discounts of 20% off all store merchandise and every couple of months we do get double discounts to 40% off on all merchandise but that lasts for like 3 or 4 days then its done. and you have to wait for the next double discount.
Employees are great
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Houma, LAJune 21, 2015
Usually stays busy , Wouldn't be my first choice for a job, Not enough pay for the work you do , Not much appreciation , Will meet wonderful customers
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJune 20, 2015
I truly do enjoy working here the management is great, the co-workers are all nice and respectful and its a professional environment. The hardest part is the pay and the hours. I need something with me of both and really only reason why I am leaving.
Good Part Time Work
Area Supervisor (Current Employee), FloridaJune 20, 2015
Pros: Ability to move up quickly
Cons: Low pay, bad attitudes.
Ross is not a place where you want to advance your career, unless you are willing to do things that are not entirely right. It is a great place to work if you have no desire to move up, but the management programs are horribly biased and run off of popularity, as well as your ability to stab people in the back.
They have all of this propaganda so that you think that they care and want you to succeed, however, it's truly dog-eat-dog anywhere above area supervisor, and sometimes even with that position. If you aren't willing to use other people as your stepping stones, just use Ross as a part time job.
Cheap clothes
FRONT END SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 19, 2015
The Clothes are cheap so they aren't very organized, the management cares more about their quota then their employees. They work you to hard and long. When you first start you get 25 hours then in a month your lucky to get 8.
No work life balance
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 19, 2015
No work life balance, Management were not open to "new" store employees. Horrible experience. I did learn about budgeting, store operations, and top of the line customer service.
Fun
Store Protection Specialist (Former Employee), Issaquah, WAJune 19, 2015
Great environment to work. Friendly co-workers and managers. Flexible hours and many opportunities to move up. Maintained presence at the front door by greeting customers.
nice place to work
Stockroom Supervisor (Former Employee), Plano, TXJune 18, 2015
Pros: employee discounts
Cons: store gets really messy from customers at times
The employees and managers are really good. There are opportunities to move up in the company. You definitely learn how to deal with many different types of personalities. I enjoyed working here.
Productive and fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Hilo,hiJune 18, 2015
Pros: discount, firendly co-workers
Cons: not much hours, not that good of pay
The thing I like most about Ross would be the managers and co-workers. The work is so easy and the workers are so friendly, it actually feels like I'm getting paid to hang out with friends.
The hardest part of the job would be dealing with the unfriendly customers and the fact that we only can make 25 hrs a week which isn't that much. The most enjoyable would be the fast paced environment and friendly staff.
Its an okay work enviornment.
Sales associate (Former Employee), Stockton, CAJune 17, 2015
Its an okay working environment. Management and co-works attitudes change constantly. You work to break your back working for not that much pay & your raise are about .20 a year.
Fun Place
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee), Granada Hills, CAJune 17, 2015
Customer service
worked holidays time in a half
great co-workers
fast paced job
hardest part was making sure empolyees kept a high CPR
Good learning opportunity.
Human Resources Intern (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAJune 17, 2015
Very good learning opportunity. The people there are very nice and helpful. I love the experience at Ross. I met a lot of interesting people and learned a lot from them.

About Ross Dress For Less

Our customers love a great deal. That makes our mission simple: to provide exciting bargains, every day, in every store. It takes – Read more

Ross Dress For Less Photos