Ross Dress For Less
2,457 reviews

Ross Dress For Less Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good work environment but management unwilling to develop employees.
Area Supervisor (Former Employee), Elizabethtown, KYMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Good work atmosphere. Family feel with work force.
Cons: Management unwilling to develop employees for possible advancement.
I worked as a key carrying member of management for two years at Ross and I honestly loved my job but my store manager felt that her staff should be complacent and happy at the job that they had. To this effect any associate that attempted to better themselves and get ahead were put down. This same manager would talk bad about her employees with them in the same room. I also had a district manager threaten to end my career at Ross for declining to move to the other end of the state for a demotion.
Very high paced environment, but relatively stress free and friendly coworkers make it enjoyable
Security Protection Specialist (Current Employee), East MesaMarch 25, 2015
A typical day involves working with management and associates on loss prevention policies and things to look out for. I communicate with customers often and want them to feel welcomed but aware that Loss Prevention is present at the same time. Management is easy going and knowledgeable of the company.

The hardest part of the job is the rare days where a heated customer draws a weapon or makes a threat. The most enjoyable part is working with coworkers and feeling a sense of accomplishment and appreciation at the end of a shift.
great work place
cashier/stock (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 25, 2015
Pros: postion movement and worked with my schdule with my kids
Cons: none
My typical day is giving customers a great shopping experience, easy work enviorment , I enjoyed working with people who does the same.
A great place to learn
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Harvey, LAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: the discounts
Cons: Dealing with rude customer and coworkers
I think retail workers deserve the respect that is not given. Most people are underpaid and they deserve more money then they are paid.
Fun work environment with employees and management
Area Supervisor (Former Employee), Aurora, COMarch 24, 2015
we would enter the building start our paperwork for the day, verify safe and cash deposit. work on projects in our department. Then we would receive the shipment truck. Give breaks and lunches to associates, audit cashiers and finish our paperwork for the day.
Fun, productive, friendly environment
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Atmosphere
Cons: Only located out of Ocala and Gainesville currently
Since Simply Unforgettable Party Shop, is smaller than its competitors it gives you that great at-home feelings. Everyone has a strong bond within the company and is very knowledgeable and flexible.
This was a fun place to work at
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Rancho Cordova, CaMarch 24, 2015
I experienced a lot of diversity at Ross. I loved working here, I enjoyed the people and the skills they taught me. This is where I realized that I was a people person and I was meant to help people.
Very challenging; lots of opportunity
Store Manager (Current Employee), undisclosedMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Discount, good work life balance for retail.
Cons: Not enough time for formal develoment of the team.
Extremely limited payroll which is why Ross is so profitable.

Everything is process driven down to the details.

Very agile for a large company.

Unfortunately, being so productive gives little time for formal training and development.
love the job the work and the job culture
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Olathe, KSMarch 24, 2015
Pros: good incentive program
Cons: wierd registers
loved the job, it was a lot of fun love the company and the discount and my mom worked there to which made working there even better
great jod
CASHIER (Former Employee), Reading, PAMarch 23, 2015
love my coworkers and bosses love my customers, keep my area clean help any team member that need help, try maintain other near areas clean if need it.
It was fine
Stocker (Current Employee), Orland Park, ILMarch 23, 2015
Came in early in the morning, management was consistent with directions. Co-workers were generally nice. Hours depended upon how big the truck was.
Productive Workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Decatur GaMarch 23, 2015
Pros: great managment
Cons: shorts breaks, no hours
Over all this was a very enjoyable work place. Everyone on the team was very hardworking and also nice. Everyone was respectful. The hardest part about working here is you don't get any hours.
A lot of room for advancement
Area Supervisor (Current Employee), La Jolla, CAMarch 22, 2015
Pros: advancement
Cons: personal life and work balance
Great company to work for. You will learn excellent skills to further your career. Ross has opened many doors for me. I am very happy to work for such a great company
VERY FLEXBILE HOURS AND FRIENDLY "TEAM ORIENTED" WORK ENVIORNMENT
Front End Supervisor / Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), The Woodlands, TXMarch 22, 2015
VERY FLEXBILE HOURS AND FRIENDLY "TEAM ORIENTED" WORK ENVIORNMENTVERY FLEXBILE HOURS AND FRIENDLY "TEAM ORIENTED" WORK ENVIORNMENTVERY FLEXBILE HOURS AND FRIENDLY "TEAM ORIENTED" WORK ENVIORNMENTVERY FLEXBILE HOURS AND FRIENDLY "TEAM ORIENTED" WORK ENVIORNMENT
Very fast-paced environment where there is always work to be done
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Upper Marlboro, MDMarch 21, 2015
Ross is a constant growing business with many opportunities for advancement.I enjoy meeting all kinds of new people as well as the work.The merchandise is great.The hardest part of the job is the lack of help but that is in any retail environment.My manager, Wanda, is amazing.She is very hard working and dedicated to the job.She is also a great teacher
Productive and Fast Paced Job
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Florence, SCMarch 21, 2015
On a typical day the store is very busy. I am always in customer service helping customers with any complaints or any other problems that they have. The hardest part about the job is dealing with the rude and belligerent customers.
Goal oriented job, must meet daily quota
Cover Team Lead (Former Employee), fort collins coloradoMarch 20, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: poor management and poor recognition
Poor management, but a fun place to work. Its a very busy environment. Goal is to get all merchandise out onto the floor. Flexible working hours. They have a high turn over rate, employees always coming and going. High turn over rate for store managers as well.
Not the best place to work
CSR/Stocker (Former Employee), Macon, GAMarch 20, 2015
A typical work day is okay. I've learned how to handle situations from all stands of view. Management weren't the best. Very unorganized and discriminating. My co-workers were great workers. The hardest part of the job was coming to it. The most enjoyable part was going home.
Productive very busy.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Stone Mountain, GAMarch 19, 2015
Love working with customers. Awarded "Store Manager of the Year" (2008), Awarded “Employee of the Month” three times for Southern GA region as a result of superior sales, profit and customer satisfaction results.
Great Company and place to learn
Loss Prevention Specialist (Current Employee), Denver, COMarch 19, 2015
Pros: great place to learn and advance
Cons: low pay
Love the company just not don't pay enough. You can advance in the company if you apply yourself.
The job is easy enough the hardest part of the job would be customers.

About Ross Dress For Less

Our customers love a great deal. That makes our mission simple: to provide exciting bargains, every day, in every store. It takes – Read more

Ross Dress For Less Photos