Ross Dress For Less
2,221 reviews

Ross Dress For Less Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A great place to shop after working!
Retail Associate (Current Employee), Hoover, ALDecember 15, 2014
Pros: free lunch every month, flexible hours, double discounts days and the great prices
Cons: minimal pay and there's not enough communication between management
Management is okay. My co-workers are fun to be around and some feel like they're like family. The hardest part of the job is making sure every task in done within a certain time.I love the discount off the already great prices.
very productive
Stocker (Former Employee), Round Rock, TXDecember 15, 2014
A typical day at work is the same as yesterdays day at work. Nothing new happen'd and nothing old Happen'd. The coworkers were very easy to get along with, though some has the inner circle already set. Including managers. The hardest part of the job was getting stock down. So little workers vs. one big truck full of merchandise.
very easy job
night stock lead (Current Employee), Miami Beach, FLDecember 15, 2014
working night shift at ross is pretty easy as long as you pay attention and know what you are doing, management is very helpful if you need help with anything. working a night will aloow you to do more things in the daytime hours , like going to school or even if you have kids you can spend more time with them
Loved It!
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee), Hickory, NCDecember 13, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: long hours
This was such a fun and exciting place to work, especially if you love to shop...Which I do. There was new stock coming in every day and it was fun for all the team members to work freight and get to look at all the new things coming in on a daily basis. The whole management team worked great together. The communication between management and associates was phenomenal!
Not the best place but whatever..
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Kahului, HIDecember 13, 2014
Pros: employee discount
Cons: management sucks, under appreciated
It's a good job as a first job. You learn a lot "skills" like how to work a register, process transactions, recover a sales floor, etc. After a month of working here, the managers weren't as helpful or nice, they would yell at me for no reason & give me attitude. I could be working my butt off & they would still have something to complain about.
Very fun enviornment!
cashier (Current Employee), Orlando, FLDecember 11, 2014
My days at work requires smiling and making sure the customers have a memorable shopping experience. Management are very nice and understanding. I wish that all work environments would be the same. I've learned a lot working customer service and I plan to use all the skills I developed working in customer service.
Meet new and interesting people.
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee), Hammond, LADecember 11, 2014
I have met many interesting people and had some very good experiences through the customers. Management is found to be very lacking.
Like working with the other employee and customers
Cash Office (Current Employee), Rome, GADecember 11, 2014
Pros: employee discounts
Cons: part time
I like my job with Ross I like to go in early and count the money and make everything balance. After I finish the Cash Office I go work in the fitting room and I get to meet and work with the customers. My
only problem is I need to work more hours and make more money.
fun
Stock/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Fairfield, CADecember 11, 2014
you don't get benefits unless your full time, the coworkers are ok , not always the best ppl to be around .
Fun experience and friendly enviorment
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), North Little Rock, ARDecember 11, 2014
Friendly coworkers which creates and happy place to work and shop
Fast Paced Work Environment That Uses Critical Thinking
Retail Associate (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VADecember 11, 2014
Pros: employees, cross training in various departments
Cons: short breaks, benefits
-Typical Day at Work Was Okay, Since They Get Merchandise From a Warehouse, It Is a Challenge Putting Items Where They Need To Go.
-I Learned How to Multi-Task Better
-Management Was Stern When I Was There
-Hardest Part Of The Job Was Completing A Work Task While Manning The Cash Register
-Employees Made It Enjoyable And Different Departments Like Back Room
Customer Service
Cashier (Former Employee), DuBois, PADecember 10, 2014
I enjoyed dealing with customers, helping them with their needs, stocking shelves, and handling the fitting room.
Hated it.
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Conroe, TXDecember 10, 2014
Pros: none.
Cons: everything is horrible at ross.
I have so many complaints about this job. It was complete chaos. I worked overtime and never got paid for it as well.
Ross was an eye opening experience
Stock Member (Former Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 10, 2014
Pros: organized business model, wonderful management
Working at Ross has expanded my mind into the retail business.

Working here gave me insights on our customers shopping behavior.
Not much to worry about.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Williamsburg, VADecember 10, 2014
Pros: simple work
Cons: management, low payrate, few hours
A pretty simple job depending on where they have you in the store. I did almost everything except Stockroom. Most of the time I was Customer Service, I rang people up and processed returns. Nothing was too hard about this job in fact it was pretty steady and stress free. However, if you work customer service you're up there by yourself most of the day. You have a backup cashier but they will not come unless you call them. Otherwise, you're on your own which can be a little stressful if you have a lot of work that needs to get done in your downtime. Management at the time I was working there wasn't the greatest. There were a lot of people neglecting their jobs and playing favorites and that made the transition throughout the day pretty bumpy.
productive and fun.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Jensen Beach, FLDecember 10, 2014
I learn to do a good customer service. This is where i found my best friend. My co-workers were fun, we had a blast everyday.
Productive and fast paced environment to work in
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Santa Maria, CADecember 9, 2014
Pros: constantly busy
Cons: everyone is part-time if employed by ross stores, inc.
I would come into work on any given day to clock in and go to the front to find which area I was to recover merchandise in. It was alright for the most part, just very repetitive. My favorite part of all was the cashiering because I love interacting with others.
Fast Paced Working enviorment
Fittng Room Associate (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 9, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: short breaks
Fast paced working with customers. Checking clothing for hardtags, all security tags. I learned what to look for in the clothing and how to display the merchandise. All co-workers were easy to get along with.
Fun and exciting.
Store Protection Specialist (Current Employee), Westminster, CODecember 8, 2014
Pros: greeting customers, co-workers, management
Cons: having one sps during busy hours and holidays
The day starts out with scouring the floor to check for hazards or to deter thefts. Than throughout the day I must watch drawer pulls and greet customers. At the end of the night all drawers are pulled and it is required that I observe the managers during the pull and escort them to the back office.

I've learned how to properly approach a customer which is in the progress of stealing or lost from their parents.

Management is fun and friendly, they recognize you for what you do and appreciate all the work you've done.

Co-workers for the most part are just as excited to be at work as I am therefore they help me get through my day by being positive.

The hardest part of the job is trying to prevent theft as the store is medium sized but with only one Protection Specialist managing the whole floor. At times a sensor will go off, than the front door EAS may go off and you will have to attempt to address both situations before a theft is successful.

The most enjoyable part is meeting new faces. Greeting customers make you meet new people and learn how to interact/approach them.
fun interesting workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Beaverton, ORDecember 8, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: few benefits
this job is fast paste environment not easy to work on the weekends but somewhat beneficial. you meet people of every race , it is a culturally diverse place , so you learn people skills on the job. management is somewhat nice most of the time. the hardest part of this job is dealing with mean customer, sometimes they are very demeaning but you have to serve happy.

About Ross Dress For Less

Our customers love a great deal. That makes our mission simple: to provide exciting bargains, every day, in every store. It takes – Read more

Ross Dress For Less Photos