Ross Dress For Less

Ross Dress For Less Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
its ok
Payroll Cashier (Former Employee), collierville, tnJune 10, 2015
Pros: make 9.00 an hours
Cons: you dont get any hours
nothing really amazes me here. this job is horrible. do not get any hours. can barely pay bills. its not what you expecting. no advance to move up in company.
an ok work place
Store Associate (Former Employee), culver cityJune 10, 2015
Ross is a store were you dont work more than 15 hrs per week
management is very slow no one has control
co-workers some were great .
Cashier (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJune 10, 2015
Pros: Employee activities
Cons: none
My first job it helped me with my problem solving skills help develop my communication skill as well. Gave me a sense of balance and work improvement skills.
fun work place
shipping and receiving (Former Employee), chula vista, caJune 10, 2015
Pros: coworkers worked hard
Cons: management was horrible
Enjoyed my time as an employee. I decided to leave because the managers are not fair to all employee and did not know how to treat associates. No hours of any were given. No care for the staff.
profesional, productive and fun work place
sps lost pervention (Former Employee), las vegas, nvJune 10, 2015
Pros: 40 percent off
Cons: not enough hours
Identify, investigate and resolve all outside premises theft incidents by recovery and apprehension.

Ensure to take required steps utilizing prolific merchandise recovery procedures.

Identify and support internal cases under direction of Area Loss Prevention Manager.

Conduct surveillances as defined and directed by Loss Prevention Manager.

Receive and report confidential details to Regional Loss Prevention Director and Area Loss Prevention Manager to assist internal investigations.

Prepare case reports for Corporate Loss Prevention and Law Enforcement relevant to theft incidents, stolen merchandise and other criminal activities taking place at store.

Test court proceedings as H-E-B representative and assist in prosecution of persons guilty of theft and varied criminal activity occurring in store.

Maintain, update and control all relevant evidence.

Record non-compliance of company procedures and policies on activity report every week.

Interact regularly with management and store partners on Loss Prevention associated matters to explain and improve theft awareness.

Ensure to maintain safe and secure store environment.

Inspect parking lot and back stock area regularly.

Ensure physical security and safety standards are followed through receiving dock and various controlled areas.

Focus on frequency and severity of accidents for all coverage lines.

Develop and implement controls along with loss prevention strategies to attain elimination goals and accident reduction.
Learned new skills while enjoying my position.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 9, 2015
Self-motivated worker searching for a rewarding position that will use my education and experience while expanding my professional horizons.
Enjoyed working with the employees.
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee), Watauga, TXJune 9, 2015
Ensured customers had positive shopping experience. Actively strived to create a customer-focused shopping environment. Greeted and responded to all customers in a friendly manner, ensured proper merchandise presentation, operated the cash register in accordance with policies and procedures, maintained a clean work area at all times and treated fellow associates with respect. Provided customer service according to all store customer service guidelines. Required to assist in specialized areas or functions in the store including but not limited to cash office, front end, fitting room, stock room, fine jewelry, customer service, markdowns, recovery/sizing, and cashiering. Engaged in tasks as assigned during all working hours, and performed a range of functions in all areas of the store. Performed additional tasks in specific situations to achieve customer service and operational goals.
Friendly and fun people to work with.
Retail associate (Former Employee), Portland, ORJune 9, 2015
Pros: employee discount, party's for injury free month's.
Cons: short breaks, a lot of changes in management.
Ross was a steady and consistant place to work,there were a lot of fun, friendly,and energetic people to work with.Everybody worked very well together as a team and gave great customer service.
An exciting job which kept me active.
Store Protection Specialist (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 9, 2015
I enjoyed the time I spent working at Ross. A day at work consist of providing customer service, writing incident reports, observing and maintaining a safe and secure environment. I've learned to be more vigilant and that preparation is very important. I enjoyed my manager. It's important to work with someone who understands what it takes to run a store. I can honestly say that I've worked with some very nice people. Some, not so nice. Many people go to work to make friends and Ross was definitely the atmosphere for that. However, sometimes people didn't take their jobs seriously. The hardest part about working at Ross was the organized groups of friends. Such groups caused conflicts because someone favored another person more which equals more benefits. One thing I enjoyed the most was my manager's personality and eagerness to teach.
Hard-working environment with great rewards
retail sales associate (Former Employee), Vancouver, WAJune 9, 2015
Pros: Salary and breaks
Cons: Hours a week working, management
I would cashier, organize merchandise, and unload merchandise from the trucks. I learned how to manage my time effectively, organize the store to look professional, cashiering and customer service skills. The hardest part of the job was opening the new store to the public, but I found great reward in the hard work I had given to the store. The most enjoyable part would be seeing how excited and thrilled the customers were when they shopped.
It's a retail job..
Associate (Former Employee), Arlington Heights, ILJune 9, 2015
It was boring working there and I'm the kind of person that needs to constantly be doing something if I'm being paid to be there. Hardly made any money at all. I always closed too (7-11pm) even though I asked for different hours. Not cool being a high school student at the time. Needless to say, I'm never working retail again.
Great experience
Customer Care Associate (Former Employee), Oceanside, CAJune 8, 2015
Pros: 30 minute lunches, employee discounts, flexible hours
Cons: no benefits
Working at Ross Dress for Less was a great experience. I got to meet customers everyday and work with fantastic co-workers. A typical day was to clock in and get right to work, either stocking shelves, ringing up people or sorting items in the stock room. Our management kept the store in great shape and made sure we did the same. The hardest part of the job was closing time; Of course it is for everyone. The mess builds up and it's our duty to make the store as clean as it was in the morning. I did however, enjoy the friendly environment us co-workers formed and the fundraisers our store put together. It made the customers and employees interact more.
Good Part time
Night Warehouse Stocker (Current Employee), Kaneohe, HIJune 8, 2015
Good part time job for me, the pay isn't the best for the amount of work you do but the hours work out for me. Management is good, co workers are cool, nothing to hard about the job a lot of carrying and a lot of rushing to make sure u get done in time.
Store Manager (Current Employee), Bastrop, TXJune 8, 2015
Great place to work and they gave you the opportunity to advance within the company and they took care of their associates.
Productive and fun workplace.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARJune 8, 2015
Pros: Easy working environment, flexible schedule.
Cons: Not enough workers, lazy people.
A typical day at work for me, I'm usually cashiering, maintaining a clean area, working on other put backs and recovery if I am not busy. One thing that is always is key is making sure you maintain fast and accurate service.
Stressful and unorganized. The lack of employees makes the job hard enough without management ignoring employees and hiding in the office.
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee), 8600 W. charleston blvd.June 7, 2015
Cons: No set schedule.
My job title was Front End Supervisor i managed the front end/ customer service area. I was in charge of all cashiers making sure they had change, when not needed on a register i had to make sure they were getting their own tasks done, and providing all customers with a fast and friendly transaction. The front end was to remain clean and organized, that was my responsibility,
Productive and fun workplace with Ross Stores
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Hagerstown, MDJune 6, 2015
Pros: comfortable and fun environment
Cons: little pay
A typical day at work is usually pretty laid back. But also could be hectic some days. I've learned to be very patient with all customers and to keep a big smile upon my face while attending to each person. My co-workers seem to make work fun and enjoyable, we work together as a team.
Review
Fitting Room Attendant/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Augusta, GAJune 6, 2015
This business expose me to vendors, customer and other associates. It also expose me to inventories and other important business relations.
fun workplace
Assist costumers (Former Employee), stockton caJune 5, 2015
all the managers know what they are doing, your breaks are always on time, benefits are good, and time always fly's by fast.
Steady job,little advancement , overwork you.
sales associate/cashier (Current Employee), Fresno,caJune 5, 2015
Pros: discounts, some cool coworkers and supervisors
Cons: overworked, lack of job growth, trashy customers
You start off with very little training and I notice this can either make or break you. If you stick it out then doing task over and over get easier. Alot of new people quit and coworkers tend to call out every now and then and that makes your job a little harder. It irritates me how they have you do the job of two people.
YOu are expected to clean a whole area of the store while also doubling as a cashier ,plus covering breaks and sometimes lunches for people...In a 4/5 hour shift then they get upset when you lag behind. Management was alright and so were my supervisors. They are pretty good with accepting times off request and being flexible with scheduling if you go to school or have another job. How ever the less available you make your self the less hours you'll get.

About Ross Dress For Less

Our customers love a great deal. That makes our mission simple: to provide exciting bargains, every day, in every store. It takes – Read more

Ross Dress For Less Photos