Ross Dress For Less

Ross Dress For Less Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Work Work Work
Asscociate (Former Employee), Bellingham, WAJuly 7, 2014
Pros: family oriented
Cons: no paid materninty leave for part time
Working here was a little more difficult due to the volume of the store, but once I got the hang of things, I was top cashier for a while and loved helping customers find their daily treasures. I loved working here, but ended up moving.
Fun place to work with a whole family to work with
Cashier/ Front End Supervisor (Current Employee), Schaumburg, ILJuly 7, 2014
Work is fun and complicated all at the same time. We have great customers that come in and are friendly and then we have complicated customers. As customer service we handle both kinds and keep a friendly smile on our faces. My coworkers and I work together to keep the front end clean and i think that would be the part that is the hardest because we – more... have a counter behind us and wish we could dump everything on it. The most enjoyable part of this job is when we all work together in the front end and have a fun time with it. – less
The best place i worked so far.
Ross, Supervisor (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 6, 2014
Pros: after 6 months i was the supervisior
Cons: some management didnt care about the job
As a cashier for this company its show you how to ring people up fast also leave them coming back for more. The hardest part was trying to listening to a new manager that didn't care about the company. But the work was really easy.
summary
Area Supervisor (Current Employee), Peoria, ILJuly 5, 2014
worked under a good management team learned different skills.
Fashionable clothing at a reasonable price
Store Protection Specialist (Current Employee), Pearland, TXJuly 3, 2014
Having the position that I have now is fun to me. I love the simple fact that I can learn so many things about the store. Leaning the shortage and all the numbers help me to be able to do the job to the best of my ability. It also makes me want to go further down the path that I am in now. I love my co-workers to death they are all like family to me.
Wonderful working environment
Certified Trainee; Sales Associate & Cashier (Former Employee), Irving, TXJuly 3, 2014
Pros: i was employee of the month!
Cons: ross needs to boost up there pay rate employees work too hard for nothing basically.
Great place to work not to much to say.....there's always something to do from keeping customers happy to keeping a safe clean working environment for customers and employees....
nice up and coming location at the time
sales/customer service/loss prevention (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 2, 2014
Pros: met different people on a daily basis
Cons: poor work ethic, tension amongst the workers
On a typical day things were pretty simple. At the time I worked there it was a new location. It was a new location and a lot of things were not organized. The hardest part of this job, was trying to receive delivery trucks within five hours. This job, in my opinion, was not fun. Keep in mind this was a relatively new location at the time, so not much – more... was invested into it. – less
Simple place to learn great customer service.
Part Time Sales Associate (Current Employee), Stockton, CAJuly 2, 2014
down to earth
simple job
Day to day same process
customer service
cash handling
Fun place too work at the Ross Store
Area Supervisor (Current Employee), CAJuly 1, 2014
Pros: we get at this place safety meals party
Cons: we get as full-times employees 2/15 min break and 1/2 lunch
I'm already a full-time employee and Area Supervisor in the back warehouse, have over 18/20 employees love to have great and wonderful people working with me make laugh and sometime have to be serious we all can do this, the hardest is that the freight for that has to come out at a certain hour, so then must be fast , efficient always to meet our goal – more... for that day , but we all are team players and deliver our treasure to the store.

Getting to know everyone on a daily makes me enjoy them all, and it's part of our job. – less
Decent Place to get started
Area Supervisor (Current Employee), Mount Juliet, TNJuly 1, 2014
Pros: structured, clear goals, room to advance
Cons: work/life balance, pay
Very much a company willing to help you grow, but eventually you reach a plateau and almost become stuck there. Downside is the raises are difficult to earn and some hired from outside will be made more than someone promoted from within. Overall not a bad place to work.
Friendly work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Houston,TxJuly 1, 2014
Pros: hour lunches
Cons: didn't have set lunches and breaks/ the pay could've been better for the workload
I loved the interaction with the customers. I was the first and the last person the customers seen daily. I got to know alot of them by name even. The location I was at was the busiest (so I heard) so there was always something to do to keep busy, which passed the day very fast. That's always a plus!
Fun and exciting workplace
Cash Handler (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 1, 2014
I really enjoy what I do at Ross. However, I am looking for a more challenging job. I believe I can use my experience from Ross and branch off to a bigger company.
Good Position
Store Manager (Former Employee), Rio Rancho, NMJuly 1, 2014
Ready to lead a new team. As I have been in the retail business for over 30 years.
Productive Workplace
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lithonia, GAJuly 1, 2014
The most enjoyable part of this job was the people and the discounts. The hardest part of the job was the management and company.
my day at ross
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Venice, CAJune 30, 2014
Typical day at Ross consists of being on the register and checking out the customer's items. I learned that we have to be fast at what we do while providing great customer service.
Fun place to get good customer service experience
Stocker (Former Employee), TomballJune 30, 2014
Pros: experience
Cons: random shifts
A typical day at work was unloading the truck, organizing the stock, helping customers find items, answer calls, fill in as cashier or customer service cashier. The most enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers and meeting new people. I learned how to multi-task well and improve my customer service. Hardest part of my job was that I would work different – more... hours every day and was never on a constant schedule. – less
Overall, A cool job just need more hours
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Oakland, CAJune 30, 2014
This Job was cool, people were fun, job advancement was there just the lack of hours was not there
Ensuring client's satisfaction
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Hurst, TXJune 29, 2014
Pros: ability to use multiple skills and learn skills in regards to chaotic environment.
Cons: lack of hours worked
Working in retail is a fulfilling job offering opportunities to utilize marketing skills, communication skills and encouragement skills. The population in which you work with share the same qualities and desires that you share for the job. This allows for the staff to easily get along and work well together. The hardest part in working in retail is – more... ensuring that each consumer is satisfied in their product selection. – less
Productive Place to Work
Front End Supervisor/Sales Associate/Cash Office (Former Employee), Susanville, CAJune 29, 2014
Pros: coworkers
Cons: benifits ect
Fun place to work, good people. Not enough benefits for me and my family.
Flexible part time
Store Protection Specialist (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 29, 2014
Pros: good hours
Cons: no benefits, no healthcare, low wages, no good promotion opportunities
I have been working with the company for 9 months now and the only good thing I can say about it is that they work with you to make your Ross job experience as quick and painless as possible.

About Ross Dress For Less

Our customers love a great deal. That makes our mission simple: to provide exciting bargains, every day, in every store. It takes – Read more

Ross Dress For Less Photos