Ross Dress For Less
2,733 reviews

Ross Dress For Less Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Bakersfield, CAJuly 15, 2015
Cons: not enough hours
Fast paste learning and a little bit of everything from sales associate, cashier, stocking, fitting room, markdowns and very well customer service. Manager is very understanding. Coworkers are very helpful and sweet. Most enjoyable part of job is seeing customers happy about the great deals they got shopping at ross dress for less.
very interesting place to work
Clerk (Former Employee), Kingman, AZ Very funJuly 14, 2015
Great place to work if you enjoy interaction with public. Can be very interesting daily. You never know what will happen or what you will see( cowboys in dresses and Men in evening Gowns).Very fun place to work.
EXCELLENT WORKERS AND TEAM
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJuly 14, 2015
Pros: YOU MEET WONDERFUL PEOPLE FROM ALL WALKS OF LIFE
Cons: security has gotten much better
I LOVED THE WORK PLACE , I LOVED THAT WE WE TREATED LIKE FAMILY AND NOT LIKE A EMPLOYEE. WE HAD GREAT MANAGER SUPPORT. IT WAS JUST A GREAT PLACE TO BE.
fast paced
Stockroom Lead (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJuly 14, 2015
very fast paced always something to do. weekends off. cashiering sometimes. early shift, only thing I did not like was hours were seasonal, holidays were our busiest times
Fun place to work
FRONT END SUPERVISOR / SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 14, 2015
I did learn a lot from the people i worked with. Starting from the managers down to my fellow associate. Everyday is a learning experience.
fun place to work for those starting out
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee), Tucson, AZJuly 14, 2015
Pros: skatting!
Cons: always outside
great place to work for those in school or in need of a part time job. Hours are good and the pay isn't bad either. Make sure to wear sun screen tho!
Excellent growth potential in a fortune 500 company
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 13, 2015
Pros: Fast paced, excellent growth potential
Cons: Long work hours and work on most holidays
Very fast paced environment where there is always something to do. This position gave me the skills and experience to branch out in other career fields. Co-workers are happy and hard working who strive for results daily. I enjoyed all the associates as well as customers.
Just Okay
Retail Associate (Current Employee), Mal, VLGJuly 13, 2015
a typical day at work is working up in the front of store where I get to interact with customers or another day I may be in stock room unpacking boxes
MOD
Area Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCJuly 13, 2015
Cons: Healthcare benefits.
I would either open the store and designate employees to get the truck unloaded and merchandise sorted and put out. I took care of all monies in registers and safe, other times I would close out the store which meant, counting and logging money, getting deposits ready, merchandise put up, store cleaned. I delegated jobs to employees as needed on a daily basis, handled various situations w/ clients.
I loved working w/ the people, my employees had great respect for me as I was a hands on manager and worked w/ them. I did my best to be fair w/ all of them equally. I think the hardest part was working for a company that was not real organized and where the manager of the store did not follow company policy.
overall good company to work for.
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee), Granada Hills, CAJuly 12, 2015
Pros: Had great benifits (medical, vission etc...)
Cons: payroll flex to match sales.
Involved in all aspects of daily operations. Constantly balanced the payroll to match trending sales (add when sale up, cut when sales were down and hoped your forecast was correct) to be on budget.
Enjoyable and comfortable workplace environment.
Retail Associate (Current Employee), Alabaster, ALJuly 12, 2015
Pros: Managers and coworkers
Cons: Limited hours
A typical day at work managers and coworkers are fun to be around and still work at a fast pace. I have learned that you can work can be enjoyable and not just a job and still be able to have flourishing store. The hardest part of the job is to hard tag merchandise. The most enjoyable part of the job is that your having an reasonable balance of work and fun.
super busy palce to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAJuly 11, 2015
after opening a typical day for me was just keeping the men department clean. my manager was really nice when he wanted to be. co workers were cool. hardest part was trying to ring up customers and watch the men department at all times. the most enjoyable part was friends and family day
Productive Fast Pace
Cashier / Stockroom Clerk (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 10, 2015
Pros: Helping others
Cons: short break and salary
A typical work day is busy. I enjoy assisting and helping customers. I also enjoy the fast pace atmosphere and working with my coworkers.
It was a job.
Area Supervisor (Former Employee), Laredo, TXJuly 10, 2015
Pros: good discount, first dibs on things, good coworkers
Cons: always busy, messy store, people get butthurt fast
I worked in one of the biggest and busiest Ross' on the border. You had to have good time management, and be able to have a great sense of urgency working there. You can't let things get to you , people are messy. I really liked it and management was great, I learned a lot from my store manager.
This job Sucks and manager dont know what there doin
Sales, Stockroom, Loss Prevention (Former Employee), Lancaster, CAJuly 9, 2015
Pros: None at all
Cons: JOB SUCKS AND MISS TREATS EMPLOYEES
I've worked here from late Feb. till today July 9th, due to the fact of management having no communication and seem to diss like eachother, never a day where work was smooth... also having a incident where they messed up on my Check and still have not received my money, its going on 5 weeks... not to mention, they don't allow you to have more then 25 hours. you'll be lucky if you get 20 hr.

I am recommending to pass this position/company and find something better!
Challenging environment!
Dept. Supervisor (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJuly 9, 2015
Because of how Ross merchandised it's product, it allowed for more creativity with merchandising products. I learned more of the bottom line of sales. It also full-filled my borderline OCD tendencies , as there was no set layouts for merchandise.
Productive and fun workplace
Retail Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), The Colony, TXJuly 9, 2015
Fast paced work environment. Management is helpful and caring of employee's needs. Flexible work scheduled, amazing co-workers. Only down side is your base wage of $7.50 per hr.
Wouldnt Reccommend it
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Miami, FLJuly 9, 2015
VERY poor management. The store is a mess and is very unorganized. Everyone has an attitude for no reason. Managers aren't fait nor sympathetic or understanding.
okay but needs some improvement
Cashier (Current Employee), Glendale, AZJuly 9, 2015
Pros: double discount weeks, caring workers, its okay
Cons: constant micromanaging, very unorganized, bad scheduling
Ross will show some appreciation by offering us double discount days. I almost sometimes feel guilty having $300 purchases and only paying $180, it makes me wonder how the company makes its revenue. The stuff isn't exactly expensive as it is. Its not really a good job but its not bad either its just okay. There needs to be improvements though. (This is my store, each store is ran differently)
1) needs to get better at scheduling. We have a new ASM, I love her so much so it pains me to say that she's not as good as a scheduler as our last ASM (even though I could hardly stand her). We will always have gaps in between shifts. For instance one person that leaves at 2pm the next worker won't be scheduled for another few hours, which means the very few workers there are have to pick up the slack. Speaking of, we are always understaffed. So many go backs yet no one can recover due to the business at the cash registers.
2) Our store is not performing well, and its been this way before I came along. Because of this, management above the store level is always making frequent visits. And we all know that when a district manager or higher shows up they will be on your ___ constantly. Which just makes the employees just intimidated and uncomfortable, and then the managers pretend they are actually doing their job, its sad kinda. Other ross stores in my state don't have DM visit as much because they're performing better.
3) we hire a lot but don't have the hours from payroll to support everyone. Basically the more they hire, the more hours you loose. Sometimes I'll be lucky if I get – more... more than 13, and I have open availability for the summer.. I did end up getting a raise at one point but I'm still getting the same checks because the hours are low. This is a job you'd keep to save up on an iPhone than to pay living expenses, like rent, bills, or to save up for a place to live. Trust me you are better off being a server making tips
4) fitting room is the worst place to work. Costumers do the same thing, try on 8, give you 8 back, try another 8, and if you're lucky they'll give you only 7 back. And who's bright idea was it to have s phone in the FR? We have no time to answer the phone when its busy or look for anything a caller may need us to find.
I think that's about it. I went from sports bars/restaurants to the ross retailer and ross has been good but I miss the bar restaurant days.. Where I made good money. – less
Very Energetic Work Environment
Stock Team (Former Employee), Stone mountainJuly 8, 2015
Process incoming stock.
Place new stock in designated areas.
Maintain a neat and clean store.
Greet customers. early mornings and sometimes late nights.

About Ross Dress For Less

Our customers love a great deal. That makes our mission simple: to provide exciting bargains, every day, in every store. It takes – Read more

Ross Dress For Less Photos