Ross Dress For Less

Ross Dress For Less Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and fast pace
Stock Associate (Current Employee), AtlantaAugust 11, 2015
Pros: Discounts
Cons: Not getting hours
Is accountable for delivering on all aspects of stockroom ... multiple tasks and work in a fast paced and deadline-oriented environment.
i like this place.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Tucson AzAugust 10, 2015
Pros: Free lunches.
Cons: short breaks. 15 min.
It is a part-time job, when i arrived at work I'm in contact with people that I like, there merchandise needs organize and customers who need help, and time goes by very fast. I like what I do.
Great Area
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Montebello, CAAugust 10, 2015
Pros: Flexible Hours
Cons: Parttime
Given the location of the store it will be a very busy day at the store. Located to serve several surrounding communities insures that your workday will be a fast paced experience.
Productive and fun
Store Protection Specialist (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 10, 2015
Pros: Flexible Shedule
Cons: None
This position gave me the skills and experience to branch out in other career fields. Co-workers are happy and hard working who strive for results daily. I enjoyed all the associates as well as customers.
Great work experience
Team member (Former Employee), WindcrestAugust 10, 2015
Pros: Great team members
Cons: Little to no benefits
Working at Ross gave me great experience working as a team and individually. You can really build good work structure by rotating positions and helping your team members throughout your shift.
Interesting place to work
Stock Associate (Current Employee), Overland Park, KSAugust 10, 2015
Pros: friendly associates
Cons: Not many full time positions
This place will astound you day by day with many things. Your typical day is a part time shift, varying from 4-8 hours. Sometimes they provide pizzas for lunch which is cool.
Not a pleasant experience
Cashier (Former Employee), Missouri City, TXAugust 9, 2015
Pros: discounts, double discount days
Cons: Bad management, Overworked
When I worked for the company I did not find management very pleasant. Out of 4 managers there was one who ruined it for everyone. She was very rude and over worked me and sometimes didn't allow me to take lunch breaks. I also worked long hours and felt that minimum wage did not compensate me for my time and efforts. The hardest part of the job was dealing with her because she called me on the weekends I was off and left voicemail's screaming at me for not being on the schedule. There really wasn't an enjoyable part of the job I just needed the money before college and it was my last resort. I learned that in life I'll have to deal with good and bad managers but I need to keep pushing instead of quitting.
small work place where you have to work fast
Stocker (Current Employee), San Leandro, CAAugust 9, 2015
Pros: its a job
Cons: too early
clean up station , unload truck, process and hang apparel accurately. fun fast paced work place where you'll learn stuff you can use at other places
One little downfall
Sales Associate (Former Employee), 5901 Wesley Grove, Wesley Chapel, FL 33544August 8, 2015
Pros: co-workers, atmosphere and discounts
Cons: scheduling and communication at times
The job was great but the management team had a bad habit of changing our schedules without letting us know and communication was not the best.
I did love that management did not have favorites and they helped out when needed.
People
Loss Prevention Specialist (Former Employee), West Valley City, UTAugust 8, 2015
Pros: Advancment
Cons: Work schedules
If it was not for the interaction with people this job would not be good but the people you work with daily make it enjoyable.
Fair work place
Retail Associate (Former Employee), Daly City, CAAugust 8, 2015
People are nice to work with and always very helpful. The store is very busy sometimes but the managers always give a clear guide and are patient.
Its Retail
Area Supervisor (Former Employee), Niles, ILAugust 8, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule
Cons: Rarely any consistency in schedules, rude customers
The customers are the most difficult thing to deal with. Ross is understaffed to keep the prices low. Therefore the customers outnumber the employees big time! It also depends on the location. My location was out of control! It was in a very diverse area some people couldn't speak English so there was a communication barrier and the customers were impatient and they would see it was only 2 cashiers working they didn't care they would curse and complain the entire time they were in line. They let their kids run wild, and they threw everything on the floor! The store had to be picked up all day long! It was aggravating. The best thing was the discount and employee appreciation weeks.
Very Productive
Stocker (Former Employee), Fresno, CAAugust 7, 2015
Very productive company. Fast pace unloading system. There is always someone to help you out on a project. Team work is key
Retail Store that sells pretty dresses at an afforable price
Retail Associate (Current Employee), Oxen Hills MarylandAugust 6, 2015
Pros: 20% off for employees
Cons: no free coffee or drinking water
Mark down is very important job it has a lot to do with keeping a handle on theft and making sure the customers are happy with sale prices in a timely manner, Always a big turn over with employees. The hardest part is getting markdowns done in one day and keeping merchandise off the floor. The most enjoyable is working with nice and caring people that's willing to help out when needed.
Ross Dress For less
Stork Clerk (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALAugust 6, 2015
Good company to work for easy for students. I enjoyed everything at ross good pay. Good environment.. Dont know what else to say its just a job to get money
Fun people to work with
Backup Manager On Duty (Current Employee), Grand Junction, COAugust 6, 2015
Pros: amazing coworkers
Cons: Often asked not to take breaks, or lunches or to work through them.
Co workers were amazing, but there were questionable work ethics. I was promised a $1.50 raise with my promotion. After arguing with management for close to 5 months I ended up only getting $.50 raise. I was told I could not receive the full raise because I was not full time. I was actually paid less than the incoming employees.
sales associate
Cashier/ Customer service (Former Employee), Hayward, CaAugust 6, 2015
nice environment.
great people
everyone getting along
good paying jobdiscounts at ross and dds just because they are partnership
Great place
associate (Current Employee), colorado springsAugust 6, 2015
Pros: Good benifiits for full timers and not sales driven
Cons: no tutuition reimburstment to help encourage you to move up with company
Started as a part timer and was able to quickly advance. Plenty of support if that's your goal but wish it was more competitive with tuition reimbursement for full timers.
No one knows the meaning of teamwork!
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee), 649 N. Stephanie St. Henderson, NV 89015August 6, 2015
Pros: paid lunch, discount, friendly employees
Cons: breaks not monitored, new team members dont get the right training, terrible hours, treated like dirt
It was a fun job while it lasted. I learned how to use a cash register more properly and learn to take payments such as debit/credit cards, cash, and TANF benefit receipts. Learned how to do returns and exchanges. Co-workers were very friendly and helpful with learning new tasks. Managers were lazy and rude. Hardest part of the job is when it got busy and other employees or managers did not want to help, like i said no team work. Enjoyable part of the job was seeing the new items and clothes come out. And helping customers.
Good JOB
Retail Associate (Current Employee), Auburn, CAAugust 5, 2015
Fun place to work, Great for a first job, Management good and nice people to work with. Fast Pace but good work environment
Industry