Ross Dress For Less

3.2K reviews

Ross Dress For Less Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Ross.
Cashier, Sales Associate, Stockroom Associate (Former Employee), West Covina, CAJanuary 19, 2016
I mainly did cashiering, if I wasn't on the cash register, I was usually putting merchandise back where it belonged, helping customers by answering any questions they might have & just making sure they found everything okay, didn't have any trouble shopping. I even worked in the early mornings sometimes with the early morning shipments before the store opened with stocking the shelves with new merchandise, and putting hard tags on everything.
Management wasn't bad, I never had an issue with a Manager while I worked at Ross.
Co-Workers were another story. Most of them were rude, and I did have an issue with one of the Supervisors who was supposed to be training me when I first got hired. She didn't give me any guidance, and she was always really rude, so I had to figure everything out on my own for the most part, it seemed like a very "every man/women for his/her self" type of environment.
Nothing was hard about this job, it was fairly easy for me.
Great place to buy clothes
Loss Prevention Associate (Former Employee), Morrow, GAJanuary 18, 2016
Pros: I love this store
Cons: none
While working at ross i really enjoyed working there everyday for me was a good day i was able to learn so much and was able to grown as an individual because that taught me great values
Chaos
Customer Service (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 18, 2016
Did not really enjoy any part of this job. Company is good but the atmosphere was messy and chaotic. Always a mess and co workers did not seem happy to be there
Easy-going hard work
associate (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJanuary 18, 2016
Pros: Good communication
Cons: Clothes organization
The day is very routine. I learned how to process stock items and organize merchandise. Management was fair. Co-workers varied. Hardest part of the job was clothes, the most enjoyable part of the job was running merchandise.
unfriendly
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 18, 2016
Cons: they suck for a big retail company.they dont give no hours to rheir employees.etc
for a big time company making a lot of money they dont appreciate or values their employees they cut hours trastically people are force to get 2nd job
Cash Office Administration/Customer Service (Former Employee), Kissimmee, FLJanuary 17, 2016
Pros: positions
Cons: pay and benefits
It was my first time opening a retail store, from the beginning the management team was great they offered me great positions, giving me the opportunity to do administration in the cash office. I had that position until I left the company four years later. Got to work with many co-workers and between all of us took great care of our store and customers.
A typical day at work
Area Supervisor (Current Employee), Pasadena, CAJanuary 17, 2016
Pros: 20% Discount and 40% Discount three times out of the year.
Helping customers find what they need is a nice feeling and seeing they are happy with the treasure they find. It's a fast pace day, but if you have great work ethics, and love working with customers, this is a place to be.
Great workers and management
Retail Associate (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 17, 2016
Pros: Great People
Cons: Part-time only avaliable
Coming n the store you are always greeted y your workers and then assigned a task. I learned a lot about retail, such as markdowns, discounts, location of certain items and how to work my time effectually.
enjoyed the team members
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Lynchburg, VAJanuary 17, 2016
enjoyed working for this company would have stayed if not due to a car wreck, I got along with everyone.We would have group activites and team meetings in which we would value each team members ideas.
Exciting place to work.
Cashier/Customer Service/Fitting Room Associate (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 16, 2016
Cons: meal break.
Stock items on sales floor ,arrange clothes in the fitting rooms ,sorting ,prevention of theft .I enjoy working with my managers and coworkers ,putting the clothes in order,counting
the customers items ,answering the phone ,returning the clothes to the sales floor etc..
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Fontana, CAJanuary 16, 2016
Pros: Great people
Cons: Low staff
Typical day - Work an 10+ shift as required. Work hands one with the staff. Try to keep a clean and recovered sales floor and provide customer service. Hourly follow up with company routines and follow up with staff with feedback or coaching if needed.

What I learned - The operational side of a company was the learning factor. A lot is expected from a Assistant Store Manager while working for the company. A learning experience I'll take with myself.

The hardest part - Maintaining a clean and recovered store with a very low staff level.

The enjoyable part - The staff that I worked with. Hard working and strong mined employees.
Horable work invironment
Area Supervisor (Former Employee), Mount Vernon, ILJanuary 16, 2016
Pros: Holding title of Supervisor
Cons: Not being trained properly or having repspect from the managment team
I took this position under the impression that I was going to be a supervisor, yet when the store opened, yes I was responsible for some of the day to day opening and closing duties, my training for the job was less than ideal. Did not feel that what I did counted or made a difference.
cashier
Cashier (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 15, 2016
i learned how to deal with all type of different customers and i also like how fast paste things were .i loved the discounts and how i could always keep myself busy
slow and mellow enviorment
Good customer service (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 15, 2016
on a type day id be at the cash register .I learned more customer service skills .Got along great with co-workers. The most enjoyable part was improving my skills
Ross Dress For Less
Lead Associate (Former Employee), Midvale, UTJanuary 14, 2016
Pros: 20% employee discount, making new friends
Cons: managers do not care about their employees, way overworked based on pay
Working at Ross Dress For Less was not the greatest experience I have ever had but it also was not the worst. Working at Ross is what ultimately helped make the decision to go back to school. I knew that I did not want to work here for the rest of my life. It was actually pretty difficult to advance to a full time position but not impossible. After working there for a year and going from a part time cashier position to full time Lead Associate Position I was only given a 14¢ raise.....not $14 obviously but $0.14. At that point I was trying to figure out if it was really worth all that.
Productive and Fun workplace
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Roseville, CAJanuary 14, 2016
Pros: The work and my supervisors were nice!
Cons: There really wasn't any cons!
I really enjoyed my job at Ross! It was pretty familiar to me because my previous job was at Marshalls! I got along very well with my coworkers and supervisors and I believe they would say the same thing!
A great place to find bargains.
Ross Associate (Former Employee), Orem, UTJanuary 14, 2016
Pros: Great hours
Cons: Miscommunication and unorganized management
There was always work to do and help with. The customers were usually friendly, and my co-workers were not troublesome or unhelpful. Management did it's best to please everyone.
Experience
cashier (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 14, 2016
Pros: Have lunch spreads
Cons: Short 15min Breaks
Productive and fun workplace to work at with vending machines. Also, many eating places around. Management do not know how to control their workers at times.
Not a solid company
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee), Niles, ILJanuary 13, 2016
Pros: compensation
Cons: upper management was not good
There was NO ACCOUNTABLITY from all of our management staff. The employees had no energy to work but only receive a paycheck.
Great Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bentonville, ARJanuary 13, 2016
Pros: Great co-workers, steady hours, diverse responsibilities
Cons: High Maintenance sales floor
I loved working at Ross. I enjoyed the people I worked with and the managers were very nice and friendly. The hardest part was keeping the store clean and organized, but the friendly customers more than made up for the tougher parts of the job.
Industry