Ross Dress For Less

Ross Dress For Less Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
N/A
Stockroom - Area Supervisor (Former Employee), Pearland, TXJanuary 5, 2015
Cons: bad management
This was the worst job I every had and I over stayed my welcome.
Summary
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Greensburg, PAJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: works well with schedule
Cons: boring atmosphere
There is a lot of knowledge required to preform all of the required tasks at this job. It is very versatile and works well with your schedule, It can teach money handling, customer service, and how to work in a stockroom environment. The management is not the best, they don't really respond well to problems at the work place, they would much rather avoid it. The co-workers were all nice but a lot of drama.
Great Company
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mount PleasantJanuary 5, 2015
Wonderful environment just low pay! Starting at minimum wage 8 years ago seemed so low. Chances to work up in the company.
Ross Dress for Less
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee), Compton, CAJanuary 5, 2015
Ross offers a great discount of 20 percent off even mark down items. I was a great part time job. I would recommend this job,
Good Internship, not career
Management Intern (Former Employee), Castro Valley, CAJanuary 3, 2015
I enjoyed my time as an intern, but it helped me realize I do not want to do this forever.
An OK Company
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee), Lake Worth, FLJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: you're always busy, the day goes by fast
Cons: over whelming for minumum wage
I like working at this job very much. I was hired as a seasonal employee so I'm not sure how much longer I will have the job, but for the time being I learned a lot of skills that I can use for the jobs to come. I learned how to process merchandise, which meant unloading the truck, organizing all the merchandise in the box from home goods, to food, to clothes and shoes for men, women and children, It's a lot to do and some times over whelming when you find out you have to work a 10-12 hour day, even though you were only scheduled for 4.5 hours. As you are doing your stock clerk duties, you're constantly being called to the floor to do what they call recovery, which is picking up all the clothes on the floor and putting them back on a rack, sometimes you have to showcase the jewelry to customers, and sometimes you are put in the fitting room for 15 to 30 minutes for the person to take their break or meal. If you are trained to cashier, you are constantly being called to the front to help make the line smaller and get customers out faster, Over all, I personally don't think the job is worth minimum wage because it is over whelming, but its not impossible. The manager of the store was nice, at times she would buy us lunch if we stayed late to get the job done. The stock room manager... well I'm not sure how she was hired because she didn't know anything to begin with. The co workers were over all nice, humble, but their were some who thought there was an I in team.
Great Place!!!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 2, 2015
This was a very good job! The hours were great, they explain the job very well and are very helpful.
Workplace
Stock Associate (Current Employee), Catonsville, MDJanuary 2, 2015
Typical day a Ross would be unloading and unpacking a truck with Ross merchandise on it. And taking it to the floor for the customers to buy.The hardest part about the job is having so much to do in a short amount of hours and receiving a low pay rate. But my co-workers make it somewhat better.
Managers foccused more on sales than people
Retail Associate (Former Employee), Oxnard, CAJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: employee discount
Cons: very strict rules to follow
It's not a recommendable place to work for if you are looking to grow up within a company. The salary is minimum and the scheduling is bad.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Palm Coast, FLDecember 30, 2014
I maintained myself as occupied and efficient as possible. I wasn't in agreement with some management and co-workers behavior so I kept to myself but never forgot to provide great customer service.
Needs better managment.
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Burien, WADecember 30, 2014
Pros: having a blast with the customers. also taking over people shifts.
Cons: managment and team leaders abuse their authority.
I love buying stuff at ross also love to work there. But I have seen a store that needed help bad. It was scary working there the head employees was talking trash about the new workers. I was not involved in their rude conversations, very over the top aggressive assistant manager that yelled at a customer. Even though I seen bad stuff the pay was worth it.
Best Granite Company Around
Sales Associate & Employee Trainer (Former Employee), Belleview, FlDecember 30, 2014
People who cared about their work, their clients, and their employees. Above and beyond was a daily occurrence.
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Monaca, PADecember 29, 2014
Pros: working with the public, easy job, discounts
Cons: part-time only
From the beginning to the end of work there is always something to do. Depending on what you were assigned each day, I either was a front head cashier or on the sales floor or at the dressing room. I was usually the head cashier which had the responsibilities of cashing people out, doing proper procedures for returns, and at the end of the shift I had to run the items back to where they belonged. The hardest part of this job was probably dealing with customers waiting in line when it was busy. A lot of customers would get mad because there wouldnt enough cashiers on the floor which was hard because we werent always fully staffed. I enjoyed being around people everyday and helping them with what I could.
Helping customer with there outter beauty.
Front-End superviser (Former Employee), Tupelo, MSDecember 29, 2014
Pros: climbing the success ladder
Cons: only part-time postions
Very slow at first and it will eventually pickup with customer.
Never know what to expect dealing with different people.
Retail setting
Cash Office Clerk (Current Employee), Pasadena, TXDecember 29, 2014
I work in the cash office. I prepare daily deposits. Since this is a retail store I do not get many hours. I am only part time, I love my job, but I really need more hours.
Productive and fun work place.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Laredo, TXDecember 28, 2014
Pros: 20% discount
Cons: short breaks
Work time went by super fast with the duties that needed to be done. I spent most of my time as a cashier helping the customers take out the items that they would purchase. The management was extremely done well. the managers really seemed to know how to run the company and managed to balance out good hours. There really was nothing hard about this job. All of the duties were simple.
Independent work
Overnight Stock Associate (Current Employee), Orlando, FLDecember 27, 2014
I work over nights, therefore a lot of the time I am responsible for stocking inventory in a timely manner. Over all a good company to work for.
Great part time job with a nice discount
Front Counter Associate (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 27, 2014
Pros: 20% discount store wide, 40% discount certain times of the year.
Cons: short breaks, no more than 28 hours unless you're full time
Great place for a first time job, usually work with your life schedule.
Great place to work.
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCDecember 27, 2014
Busy continuous things to learn, great place for advancement. Must be very flexible to be utilized in various areas in the store.
Good working environment enjoyed interacting with customers
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 26, 2014
Pros: great environment and friendly co workers
Cons: poor management and unfair hours and pay rate
management with unorganized and they hired more than enough people just to get the new store open and running then they gave out minimal to no hours at minimal wage. It was sad that I had to walk away from the job but they left me no choice and I believe it was just wrong how they deal with the situation as a whole

About Ross Dress For Less

Our customers love a great deal. That makes our mission simple: to provide exciting bargains, every day, in every store. It takes – Read more

Ross Dress For Less Photos