Ross Dress For Less

Ross Dress For Less Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Energetic and fast paced
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Orlando, FlFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: team environment, fun, no breaks because it was busy
Cons: no breaks because it was busy
The store I worked at was very energized with a positive, high-intense work environment. Management and staff meshed well together, I got along with the people who were there when I was there. If I could work with that team again I would.
Bare minimum
Area Supervisor (Former Employee), Cumming, GAFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: wonderful associates, discount
Cons: aggressive dm hostile attitude
Overall it's the easiest job on the planet. Always a pleasure to work with associates. All were great people! The hardest thing about the job was being understaffed - daily customer complaints about it. Experiencing a very aggressive DM. He showed his true colors in front of the store on the sales floor. Hostile attitude. Very unprofessional.
Work place is okay
Fitting Room Associate (Former Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: good co workers
Cons: bad breaks
I work for ross dress for less and i work in many departments. I wass loss prevention for the day a few times and also did the fitting room as well but this store lacks communication between both employer and employee. They need to set more ground rules you can get away with pretty much anything i know i saw it all.
A Retail Workplace
Sales Associate/Cashier (part-time) (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: lunch hour(s) and great management
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work for Ross Dress For Less is fun and productive. The work wasn't too hard for anyone; in fact, it was pretty reasonable for employees to get all of their work done for the day during his/her work shift. While working there I learned that everything has to be done with patients and in an orderly fashion. You can not rush transactions because you may miss an item that has to be scanned for purchasing. The management and co-workers were very nice, and were always there to lend a helping hand to me, if needed. The hardset part of working in retail is trying to put a smile on a customer's face if they're having a bad day. The most enjoyable part of working in retail is connecting with the customers when helping them find what they're are looking for when they come in.
not a bad place for your first job
sales associate (Current Employee), san antonio texasFebruary 26, 2015
its a good working environment you learn to grow as a person dealing with customer service your thrown challenges daily.
Great place for high school students
Loss Prevention (Current Employee), Alabaster, ALFebruary 26, 2015
Simple job. great for high school students, teachs the basics of a job, but it does get a little to personal but it might have been the personalities working there
productive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: short breaks, frequent standing
Its a great job if you're look for to make some extra cash, the work is simple it gets a little difficult around the holidays.
Hours not garanteed
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: discount 20% per item
Cons: only part time positions no more than 6 hours daily
Hours not guarenteed weekly, management not confidential about personal nor work related grievances, raises and advancement come once a year and are not rated fairly.
not enough hours
Cashier (Former Employee), stockton, caFebruary 25, 2015
work here for awhile for part time. i usually have 25-32 hours a week until they cut to only 5 hours and only work 2 days. There will be some good days where i enjoy working with my employees, but some days it's like WTF!
Open environment
Location Planning Analyst II (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 25, 2015
Working on the planning side of Ross Stores is a learning experience. Being surrounded with an amazing staff allows for an influx of new and innovative ways of creating planning strategies.
It was a productive hands on going site
Customer Service (Former Employee), Alameda, CAFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: working together as a team
Cons: short lunch breaks
Loved that it was hands on. Always on the go. Being timed to be better faster, but steady at the same time Workers were easy going and understandable. We had a relationship as if we were all family. I learned that if you want to get things done you have to do it. You can't rely on someone whose already doing another task that looks like they won't be done on time. Hardest part of the job is when you have angry customers and you're still trying to help them in a friendly manner without yelling at them. Enjoyable part of work is seeing people leave the store happy or being with coworkers and being able to enjoy each others company as we work together.
Good company to start your resume for past employers
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 25, 2015
If you are looking for a job to keep yourself busy, or a job that will work around a schedule for a second job or your studies, this is a company that will be a good fit. With this company you be taught everything from counting the maximum 8 pieces of clothing allowed into the fitting room along with learning how to unload a truck and properly stock the shelves within the store. I would strongly recommend this job for students who just graduated high school to start earning some cash, for every position is part-time with a maximum of 25 hours a week, unless you are aManager, Area Supervisor, or a Store Protection Specialist (SPS). Hardest part of the job is getting ready and driving to the store location on time, everything else is cake walk. Your job is secure as long as you can come to work on time and put some effort to help daily operations of the store. Also, DO NOT exhaust yourself trying to advance into the company, especially if you are a college student and give into their intern program that guarantees a manager position when you graduate, for you will most likely want to move onto much bigger and better career opportunities. This job is not for someone trying to start a career, but I really do recommend this company to allow some flow of income and some job history to slap on your resume.
Every day is a different day in merchandising
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee), Calumet City, ILFebruary 24, 2015
I learned to be more focus in the fitting room area.
I provided an excellent customer service to all my clients.
I communicated proficiently in Spanish with Latino customers.
We had a good DON and ED
Customer service (Former Employee), Windcrest, TXFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: when you needed off they worked with you
Cons: not enough help
I loved working with my rds helping with all their adls as needed. I got along with my co-workers. The hard part was dealing when one of my rds passed away are dealing with a family member that just didn't understand
Means to an end.
Stock Lead (Former Employee), Memphis, TNFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: employee discounts
Cons: unrealistic work goals
I only worked here so long because I needed a job and could find nothing better. I am thankful for the experience I received as far as management but I would not want anyone I know to work for this company if I could help it.
great area to work
Retail Associate (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: flexible hours, discounts
Cons: short lunch break
casher for most of the part, my day typically consisted of cashering keeping the store oranized and neat. customer service answer any question they had. i learned how to make sales, operate a register coworkers are great people to work with very freindly i would say the hardest part is when the holidays come around just because it can get pretty hectic . overall great place to work .
great place to work
retail associate (Former Employee), Kingsport, TNFebruary 23, 2015
 worked in fast-paced environments with the ability to think quickly and successfully handle difficult clients
 Provide customer service for and handle the payments of hundreds of customers daily
 Maintain and restock inventory
 Greet customers at door and assist in retrieving their items
 Manage front desk, assisting customers with purchases, exchanges and item holding
operated cash register
Fun work place but management needed improvement.
Asset Protection Agent (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: being able to interact with customers.
Cons: lack of experience on the management team
My day started at 9 am with unlocking of all doors and a store safety walk. Next I check notes from the night before and corrected anything needed written by other team members. Once notes are done Id have a quick 5-10 min talk with management about store topics or issues. What i'm use to doing with other company's in the past wasn't required so I couldn't showcase my almost 10 year LP experience. Then the remainder of the day I would take notes on what took place during my shift, greet customers and checking workers in & out. My customer service skills really improved my time at Ross and my adjustment to younger co-workers got better as well. I love people so the interaction with all of the customers i was allowed to have was great.
a good environment to work
FES- Front End Supervisor (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 23, 2015
a good place to work, and its a place that you can improve your self there and get a prmot by the hard work. moreover, you can get a a lot of experience in those places because it's a big company
No opportunity for advancement!
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Layton, UTFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: its a job
Cons: short breaks, low pay
It can't get much worse than this. It's great if you never want to make more than minimum wage with poor management. They're all about trying to make you feel good. It feels so fake when they don't pay you properly. The wage will never raise, unless you become a manager. They are obsessed with rushing you through customers that you are unable to give proper service. You are timed on how fast you are with each customer. Better off working in fast food!

About Ross Dress For Less

Our customers love a great deal. That makes our mission simple: to provide exciting bargains, every day, in every store. It takes – Read more

Ross Dress For Less Photos