Ross Dress For Less
2,548 reviews

Ross Dress For Less Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great place to work, Great benefits
Lead Store Protection Specialist (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMay 4, 2015
Pros: Great managers, great hours
Cons: fast paced
A great place to work with great benefits, and work hours. The hardest part of the job is actually getting to work. The management staff is very understanding.
productive,fun place to work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Fairfax, VAMay 4, 2015
this place provided vending machines in the breakroom for the workers. Friendly place to work with a steady pace of customers. the best place to find many items for yourself or friends and family.
Great place to build skills
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee), Orland Park, ILMay 4, 2015
Pros: Parties for meeting goals
Cons: Healthcare
As supervisor I must admit that I have acquired a great skill set. With each there are challenging tasks and I'm always building great rapport with customers. There are many shoppers that have questions regarding merchandise, price adjustments and so forth that keeps me on my toes. I have learned how to be confident with my judgement, keep the customer happy and stay true to Ross policy. Before stepping into this position, I did not understand how returns were processed, how to price items or mark the price down because of opened packages and so forth. This position has helped me prioritize and better use my assistance through my co-workers. The entire team are genuine helpers and this makes the day more enjoyable. However, this doesn't compare to Tuesdays, Senior day, when I'm able to converse with the customers and see their smiling faces when I give them their discount. There truthfully isn't a hard part of the job!
Quiet, face paced
Cash Office Associate (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMay 4, 2015
Pros: manager was pleasant
Cons: manager availability
Counting all monies in registers, bank vault.
2. How to be precise in finding last penny.
3. Friendly, patient in training
4. Some friendly and some not so friendly
5. Getting registers ready in timely manner
6. working in front able to talk with others.
Good first job
Cash Office Clerk/Stock (Former Employee), Modesto, CAMay 4, 2015
It's okay. Bad hours for part-time and one store only has like five full-timers. If you like clothes, this is your place.
Good Temporary place of employment
STOCK ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Stock AssociateMay 3, 2015
Not an easy job, very demanding and extremely fast pace. A lot of unresolved issues and was not allowed to help guests the way I felt they deserved.
Good place to start
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Smyrna, GAMay 3, 2015
Pros: easy job
Cons: minimum wage.
Good place to start when you really need a job. Typical retail work place. Co- workers are good. Not a really hard job. They really should lift employees wages. Even though it is not a hard job, its a lot to handle.
The atmosphere was exciting, And the people worked hard.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Canoga Park, CAMay 2, 2015
Pros: Everyone work well as a team.
Cons: Short breaks, not enouph employees.
A typical day,I would come in, find my orders for the day, and complete them on time.
Staying overtime to help unfinished jobs help the managers and the store open more efficiently.
I had to manage my job goals everyday.
Working alongside my co-workers, I learned how they did their tasks
for their day.
Great co-workers = Great job!
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), New JerseyMay 2, 2015
Pros: Good co-workers, flexible, free food for each month accident free
Cons: pay
I love working at Ross for its good prices, good discount, and because of my fellow co-workers. You NEED good co-workers in order to make it in retail!
Fun place to work, good discount
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee), Waynesboro, VAMay 1, 2015
Pros: Discount and easy work
Cons: Pay
Mostly great co-workers, management and really simple work. I enjoy everything about it, its fun and fasted paced just one downfall is the pay. And management are very understanding.
low pay just stand on your feet
Loss Prevention Officer (Current Employee), Delray Beach, FLMay 1, 2015
Pros: work schedule fits lifestyle
Cons: standing on feet for long periods of time, low pay
$9.00 just to stand on your feet watch shoplifters but you cannot apprehend shoplifters or touch shopping carts yes shopping carts and you will barley get 20hrs a week unless your full time
great fun
Receiving Associate (Former Employee), Hawthorne, CAApril 30, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: good break
busy days weekends and holidays
i learned a lot in the merchandise and customer service
very good supervisors always helping partners
nice co workers
busy days
Pretty Terrible
Supervisor (Former Employee), Plymouth MeetingApril 30, 2015
Pros: hours
Cons: co-workers, management
Truck crew has consistent hours M-F 8-5ish. The culture in the building was terrible when I was there, but there is a high turnover rate. The co-workers were rude, loud, and disrespectful to almost everyone.

Employees were not disciplined evenly. Some could not show up for work and be fine while others were written up/yelled at.

Calls made to HR were not taken seriously and upper management never returned phone calls.
Decent company for students who want super flexible hours
Backroom/Retail Associate (Former Employee), Buford, GAApril 30, 2015
Pros: 20% discount on everything (even clearance), random times of the year they bump the discount to 40% for 3 or 4 days, getting Employee of the Month grants you an extra $50 check
Cons: Miscommunication, Lots of blame passing, Never enough employees, Too little hours, Too little pay for too much work, You may not be trained fully or properly depending on your management team, Very little full-time positions
Most management either have no idea what they're doing or they do know but are too burnt out to actually do what needs to be done. Lots of blame passing goes through the store constantly.
The store is almost always understaffed. And while some co-workers are friendly and helpful, others are unhelpful, rude, and slow. Some even leave early or leave their work unfinished so it leaves more work to do during closing.
The hours are super flexible because they hardly give you hours to begin with. Part time can't expect no higher than 25 hours a week, but likely they'll only schedule you from 8 to 16 hours a week.
Pretty fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Johnson City, TNApril 30, 2015
Ross was a good part time job, they can't give you more than 25 hours a week though. I did a multitude of jobs, stock room was the best even though you had to be up early.
enjoyable place to work.
Sales Associcate (Former Employee), Yuma, AZApril 29, 2015
I really loved to work at Ross .being part of a team was a great experience.i enjoyed working with hard working people.the pace was good and the hours were workable an fleable.
Not a good place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 29, 2015
Lack of leadership
no communication from management
lots of no call no shows
no respect from customers
Lack of hours even when asked for more
Comfortable place to work and interact with new people
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Miami, FLApril 29, 2015
Pros: Enjoyable environment
Cons: No benenfits
A typical day at work consisted of customer service and operating a computerized register (cashier) greeting customers coming and going and cleaning and maintaining the store. I learned how to interact with new people and work in a positive environment. Management was fair to all employees and respectable. Co-workers taught me a lot about the job friendly and reliable when i needed help, helped me adjust to the new work environment. The hardest part of the job was pleasing customers who were unsatisfied with their shopping experience. Most enjoyable part of the job was learning how to interact with new people and improve my social skills.
Negative work environment cultivated by field leaders.
Management (Former Employee), GeorgiaApril 29, 2015
Company is turning a blind eye to the increasing turnover in management.They need to reassess their field leaders and have an external company review all formal complaints filed by Management.
Ross Co would have been better if they had offered more hours
Stocking team member (Former Employee), Arden NCApril 29, 2015
They are ok to work for. They refuse to give anyone more that 25 hours a week. It was something I can not live off of. I enjoyed some of the people I worked with

About Ross Dress For Less

Our customers love a great deal. That makes our mission simple: to provide exciting bargains, every day, in every store. It takes – Read more

Ross Dress For Less Photos