Ross Dress For Less

Ross Dress For Less Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Stable Enviroment
Retail Associate (Former Employee), Tinley Park, ILApril 3, 2014
A true building experience from a previous work field that involved remaining at a desk.
Great company to grow with.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Inglewood, CAApril 3, 2014
Ross is really big on the development and growth of its associates, and they are willing to do whatever it takes to ensure that happens.
Fun and friendly environment, very professional work place.
Store Protection Specialist (Current Employee), Lancaster, CAApril 3, 2014
Pros: how well management works with you.
Cons: very limited full time opportunities and benifits
I looked forward to going into work for the simple fact that my peers were all a good group of hard working people who brings great personality to the store. Management really worked with me when i first started off my employment in the stockroom. I expressed myself to the store manager that i would like to move up in the company in which they trained – more... me as a Store protection specialist (LP). With my training came the hardest part of my employment , self educating myself of all the store policies, procedures and codes of conduct. With learning all those things i discovered how complex a business can be and how it is ran while at the same time i can feed off of managements great example into a store of my own. – less
Fast Pace, Muti-Task and Very Busy
FRONT END SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAApril 2, 2014
Pros: 20% discount and employee event 40% employee appreciation
Cons: high expectations and low wages
Hardest Part of the Job is Being Able to Leave when Scheduled. The Scheduled is Consistently Changing Weekly without Noticed. No Communication Among Managers . A lot of Secret Shops, Cooperate and HR Visiting Among the Stores Monthly.
They try to make sure you are productive
Customer Service (Current Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCApril 2, 2014
Pros: get a discount when working there
Just do what you need to do to get the job done.Also, you get to meet new people that come into the store.There is times you have your regulars that also come in.
No comment
Retail Associate (Former Employee), Hoffman Estates, ILApril 1, 2014
No comment on this job. I learned a lot but did not like the way the store was run.
nice place to work
Store Manager (Current Employee), Hollywood, FLApril 1, 2014
In store Merchandising.
Inventory Control.
Prepare weekly schedules.
Hiring of New staff.
Promoted from Team Leader to Assistant Manager within [4] months.
Assigned employees to specific duties to best meet the needs of the store.
Interviewed job candidates and made staffing decisions.
ok workplace
Retail Associate (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 1, 2014
Pros: fast paced
Cons: not enough hours
i like my job, i just wish there was more hours available. working nine hours a week isn't even enough to buy diapers for my son.
Fun whiloe working
Store Manager (Current Employee), Fayetteville NCApril 1, 2014
Pros: paid lunches, yearly bonus
Cons: health care cost work load for store managers
This is a great place to work. This is a company that does well in a good economy and thrives in a declining economy
It's a good starter job.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKMarch 31, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: coworkers, cleaning the entire store
If you want to find your first job. Come here but dont stay long. You wont really get anywhere.
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), pompano beachMarch 30, 2014
Payroll, Managing and Measuring work, Managing from a distance, merchandising
Loved working for this place
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Acworth, GAMarch 28, 2014
Very nice people to be around. I loved this job. I met some good people and made good friends
Learned the basics of retail, with great promotion
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Gurnee, ILMarch 28, 2014
This was another great place to work. It was my first time in retail, and my managers certified me in every department. The hardest part of the job would be working the stockroom. I met many different people, also dealt with the not so nice customers, but still one of my favorite jobs.
Physical hands on work, fast pace moving, and Hardwork
Stocker (Former Employee), SugarLand, TxMarch 28, 2014
A typical day at work I would go in speak to my employees and managers. I always made it to work 15 minutes before I had to clock-in just so I can get a head start on Counting the Inventory and seeing If I have everything I need. I would take out all of the trash and then I would unload the delivery truck, unpack boxes, run the product to the floor, – more... and Stock the items on the shelves. I learned something good everyday. My coworkers and managers were all great people, everyone seems to get along with one another perfectly. The hardest part of the job was when three or four delivery trucks would come and I would have to unload all of the trucks at a fast pace. The most part of the job I enjoyed was when it was slow and I was all caught up on my work I would go help my other employees if they needed help. I enjoyed being on the floor to help. – less
Fun and fast paced
Supervisor (Former Employee), Cartersville GAMarch 27, 2014
Pros: responsibilities
Cons: rude customers
Opened and closed, leader of the mark down team. In charge of cash office and security drops. Was quickly promoted and on a constant basis because my willingness to learn and ability to learn fast. Co-workers were always a joy to have around with the exception of a few bad apples.
A college Students job
Cashier (Former Employee), El cerrito CaMarch 27, 2014
the Job at Ross had much happy, and highly productive times, as well as stressful, patience testing moments. But overall i learned more in depth how a business operates from a multitude of different positions to become the best employee i could.
The customers were sweet.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 26, 2014
Pros: wonderful team members
Cons: no room for growth
I would clean around my register, count the monies being placed into the register. I've learned to always keep busy,there is always something to do. The management was okay,never really had an issue. The hardest part of the job was saying goodbye to the customers. The parts I enjoyed most was being able to make customers smile.
Great people, smaller corporation, but not enough hours
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee), Woodinville, WAMarch 26, 2014
My coworkers and managers are all great people, everyone seems to get along with one another perfectly. However, the company itself doesn't seem to care a whole lot about its employees. Recently they cut almost everyone's hours to get around new healthcare laws, which was hard on everyone, forcing many people, including myself, to look for a second – more... job. There are no benefits available for part-time employees, but on the plus side, if you choose to stay, there is job security, and some room to grow if that interests you. Ross is a pretty typical retail environment to work in, but is a slightly smaller company than some others, making management more available for your needs. – less
ROSS DRESS FOR LESS MEDFORD
sales (Former Employee), medford,OrMarch 26, 2014
Cons: terrible pay, no hours, managers with terrible attitudes.
Terrible company to work for and even worse management, it is nothing but a drama filled store. it is disgusting they don't care about cleanliness. The entire place is very unprofessional I would never work for the company again let alone shop their and support them.
Check out the store before you work there
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 26, 2014
Pros: benefits and pay
Cons: unrealistic goals! back stabbing, penny pinching company
The store I was placed in was a disaster. I stuck around hoping that I could really make a difference. The turnover is very high, the customers are the worst in retail. Overall, I learned how to deal with extreme situations that I hope will never be duplicated.

About Ross Dress For Less

Our customers love a great deal. That makes our mission simple: to provide exciting bargains, every day, in every store. It takes – Read more

Ross Dress For Less Photos