Ross Dress For Less

Ross Dress For Less Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Don't waste your time!!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLJuly 17, 2015
Pros: Discount
Cons: Minimum Wage
Ross only pays minimum wage, and it is so hard to receive a raise. You never have a set schedule. Some days you may get off on time other days you may work 12 hours that day.
Retail
Customer Services/Cashier (Former Employee), Alabaster, ALJuly 17, 2015
Pros: Pizza Fridays
Cons: short breaks, no benefits
This was a brand new store location that I worked at, most of the employees didn't care about keeping the store in order or preforming there jobs correctly. Just enough to get by.
Fun place too work
Cashier (Former Employee), Greenbelt, MDJuly 16, 2015
Pros: The hours
Cons: very unorganized
I worked at Ross during high school. It was very balanced. It was easy too maintain school & work. Customers were very nice. I enjoyed the atmosphere .
cashier
SALES ASSOIATE (Former Employee), tucson azJuly 16, 2015
Pros: disconts
i go to work and assist customer with checking out with there purchase i would put clothes back the rack if customers did not want them
Fast paced workplace
Cashier and Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAJuly 16, 2015
There was never a dull moment. I was always running around trying to take care of responsibilities. However, I think they are underemployed because I was called in multiple times to cover other people's shifts. I won employee of the month on the first month I worked there, which wasn't hard because I felt like I was the only employee giving the job my full attention.
Retail
Cash Office Specialist (Former Employee), Hiram, GAJuly 16, 2015
Pros: flexible work hours
Cons: management, communication
Overall good company. They worked with me to get 40 hours, while I was in school. The starting pay was pretty good for retail. Some management was incompetent, but that's everywhere. I think that since I worked there the stores appearance and standards have gone down. Even when I worked there you could see a decrease in organization and cleanliness in certain areas. Co-workers at the time would were sketchy and throw you under the bus when you weren't looking. I liked going in and balancing the cash office and then doing different tasks everyday to help in different departments.
productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee), merced caJuly 16, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: breaks
i learned alot at all the companys i have workeduuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Fast Paced Work Environment but not Too Tiring
Cashier/Sales Associate and Front End Supervisor (Former Employee), Billings, MTJuly 15, 2015
Working up front, your main concern is speedy checkout. While this is an efficient objective to pursue, it rarely was the case. the line of customers would usually stretch over 20 people with only one cashier. With a faulty intercom, I was often not heard until a coworker would look over and hear me shout.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Bakersfield, CAJuly 15, 2015
Cons: not enough hours
Fast paste learning and a little bit of everything from sales associate, cashier, stocking, fitting room, markdowns and very well customer service. Manager is very understanding. Coworkers are very helpful and sweet. Most enjoyable part of job is seeing customers happy about the great deals they got shopping at ross dress for less.
very interesting place to work
Clerk (Former Employee), Kingman, AZ Very funJuly 14, 2015
Great place to work if you enjoy interaction with public. Can be very interesting daily. You never know what will happen or what you will see( cowboys in dresses and Men in evening Gowns).Very fun place to work.
EXCELLENT WORKERS AND TEAM
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJuly 14, 2015
Pros: YOU MEET WONDERFUL PEOPLE FROM ALL WALKS OF LIFE
Cons: security has gotten much better
I LOVED THE WORK PLACE , I LOVED THAT WE WE TREATED LIKE FAMILY AND NOT LIKE A EMPLOYEE. WE HAD GREAT MANAGER SUPPORT. IT WAS JUST A GREAT PLACE TO BE.
fast paced
Stockroom Lead (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJuly 14, 2015
very fast paced always something to do. weekends off. cashiering sometimes. early shift, only thing I did not like was hours were seasonal, holidays were our busiest times
Fun place to work
FRONT END SUPERVISOR / SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 14, 2015
I did learn a lot from the people i worked with. Starting from the managers down to my fellow associate. Everyday is a learning experience.
fun place to work for those starting out
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee), Tucson, AZJuly 14, 2015
Pros: skatting!
Cons: always outside
great place to work for those in school or in need of a part time job. Hours are good and the pay isn't bad either. Make sure to wear sun screen tho!
Excellent growth potential in a fortune 500 company
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 13, 2015
Pros: Fast paced, excellent growth potential
Cons: Long work hours and work on most holidays
Very fast paced environment where there is always something to do. This position gave me the skills and experience to branch out in other career fields. Co-workers are happy and hard working who strive for results daily. I enjoyed all the associates as well as customers.
Just Okay
Retail Associate (Current Employee), Mal, VLGJuly 13, 2015
a typical day at work is working up in the front of store where I get to interact with customers or another day I may be in stock room unpacking boxes
MOD
Area Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCJuly 13, 2015
Cons: Healthcare benefits.
I would either open the store and designate employees to get the truck unloaded and merchandise sorted and put out. I took care of all monies in registers and safe, other times I would close out the store which meant, counting and logging money, getting deposits ready, merchandise put up, store cleaned. I delegated jobs to employees as needed on a daily basis, handled various situations w/ clients.
I loved working w/ the people, my employees had great respect for me as I was a hands on manager and worked w/ them. I did my best to be fair w/ all of them equally. I think the hardest part was working for a company that was not real organized and where the manager of the store did not follow company policy.
overall good company to work for.
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee), Granada Hills, CAJuly 12, 2015
Pros: Had great benifits (medical, vission etc...)
Cons: payroll flex to match sales.
Involved in all aspects of daily operations. Constantly balanced the payroll to match trending sales (add when sale up, cut when sales were down and hoped your forecast was correct) to be on budget.
Enjoyable and comfortable workplace environment.
Retail Associate (Current Employee), Alabaster, ALJuly 12, 2015
Pros: Managers and coworkers
Cons: Limited hours
A typical day at work managers and coworkers are fun to be around and still work at a fast pace. I have learned that you can work can be enjoyable and not just a job and still be able to have flourishing store. The hardest part of the job is to hard tag merchandise. The most enjoyable part of the job is that your having an reasonable balance of work and fun.
super busy palce to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAJuly 11, 2015
after opening a typical day for me was just keeping the men department clean. my manager was really nice when he wanted to be. co workers were cool. hardest part was trying to ring up customers and watch the men department at all times. the most enjoyable part was friends and family day

About Ross Dress For Less

Our customers love a great deal. That makes our mission simple: to provide exciting bargains, every day, in every store. It takes – Read more

Ross Dress For Less Photos