Ross Dress For Less

Ross Dress For Less Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Henderson, NVAugust 14, 2015
I enjoy working with people and i enjoy being around people, my bubbly personality made it so much better for me to be there. I Love working
Decent work environment
Retail Associate (Current Employee), TexasAugust 14, 2015
Pros: 20% discount (excluding electronics), 40% discount twice a year, health benefits if you're full time
Cons: Depends on your location, but management and rude customers
A typical day would consist of maintaining the store (which gets extremely messed up at my location), running the fitting room, running racks of clothes from the fitting room, doing run backs for the cashiers every now and then, helping customers, running the register, and sometimes working in the stock room. You wouldn't do all of this in one day, but each day, you may have a different task to do.

I wouldn't say that I've learned anything new in this position that I didn't know already from previous experience in retail. The job isn't hard, but it gets frustrating sometimes trying to keep the store clean when customers throw things over the racks and on the floor right beside you when they see that you're trying to clean up. That is the most aggravating thing about the job, especially hearing the phrase "it's your job to clean up after me" from rude customers. I had a great set of coworkers from all different backgrounds who really made coming to work a little easier and more fun.

Management is another story. The store and assistant managers really don't do much unless the district manager is there. They rarely come out of the office when there's no one there to supervise them. They say that they have soooooo much paperwork to do when they're really just sitting in the office texting on their phones (I've witnessed it far too many times). There are other managers who are actually out on the floor doing their job, just not the two main managers. This is just my experience, so you may have a better set at the location where you work.
A company that give you all the tools to succeed as long as you have the drive and dedication to do so
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Burlington, WAAugust 14, 2015
Pros: Benefits, human resources, leadership
Cons: Messy stores on the weekend :P
I started with Ross as a seasonal cashier, and with the guidance of my leadership team and dedication to my development was able to successfully master every position up to Assistant Store Manager, as I started working for Ross when I was 18 years old and it was my third job, I felt that after I addressed some personal health problems I would seek another career opportunity.
Very busy workplace
MOD/Cashier/Cash (Former Employee), Longview, TXAugust 14, 2015
I learned how to make deposits & till out the cash drawers. Management was very helpful & supportive.
Workdays were usually very busy
fun
Sales Floor Associate (Former Employee), Hollywood, FLAugust 13, 2015
Pros: duigfoiqweo
Cons: eiqownm
it was a great experience i relabjeje enjoyr kjfkhdhljfhdkdjkhhsjlsllslskifiikdjdhhdjhuhhdjfIOGSDFwogefosakdhil sdroiqwoeihofhiflssahdjwirywjsne7we7weiudbfbddhndue7263ugde2iurqiuwrquweyiquweoqw43giruhieuwqyirqwiheqopithriuqwehijbfjdshaiur
productive,fast,caring work place
Stocker/Cashier (Former Employee), Lawton, OKAugust 12, 2015
Pros: fast, and fun place to work.
Cons: None. It was a great place to work at.
Organize the racks(clothes,shoes).
unload boxes from the truck,display the item in the proper department.

Help the customers find the items they are looking for.

Checkout the customers and bag their items.
messy environment!!
Retail Sale Associate (Former Employee), Chandler, AZAugust 12, 2015
Pros: 20% of all items in the store!!!!
Cons: dirty place, high level of theif, lots of unsafe personal, and dirty people
Constant cleaning the area on the sales floor
tons and TONS of clothes all over the places
Trying to maintain a clean is impossible unless you're near closing time
Good work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Millville, NJAugust 12, 2015
Pros: Great work environment
Cons: Hours
I work in the front end, so I take care of purchases and returns. The management team and my co-workers are great. The hardest part of my job is when I have a difficult customer who does not adhere to the store policy.
Fun place to work and shop
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee), Covington, LAAugust 12, 2015
A very cool summer job, 40 percent discount on clothes was absolute heaven. The work was very easy and the hours weren't too long. Customers were a pleasure as well.
I loved working here
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNAugust 11, 2015
I loved the atmosphere and the people I worked with. Everyone was very upbeat and ready to work. Managers and employees were very helpful to one another.
A very energetic work place!
Customer Associate Support Team (Current Employee), Garden Grove, CAAugust 11, 2015
It's a very comfortable, friendly and energetic work place that you will see or interact with a lot of different kind of clients everyday.
Pay more to care more
Associate (Former Employee), Lakewood, COAugust 11, 2015
Pros: discount and double discount was nice
Cons: managers dont want to help much, They expect you to hurry., . Dont want you to chat with customers. Hurry, hurry...
I have a hard time caring when I am paid minimum wage by a multi-million dollar company. Customers just throw clothes on the floor and its horrible.
Fun workplace
Cashier (Current Employee), Pueblo, ColoradoAugust 11, 2015
Ross has been a very good experience. Ross makes sure to have fun days and they like to get everyone involved on the days when we get to where jeans or other different outfits.
Productive and fast pace
Stock Associate (Current Employee), AtlantaAugust 11, 2015
Pros: Discounts
Cons: Not getting hours
Is accountable for delivering on all aspects of stockroom ... multiple tasks and work in a fast paced and deadline-oriented environment.
i like this place.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Tucson AzAugust 10, 2015
Pros: Free lunches.
Cons: short breaks. 15 min.
It is a part-time job, when i arrived at work I'm in contact with people that I like, there merchandise needs organize and customers who need help, and time goes by very fast. I like what I do.
Great Area
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Montebello, CAAugust 10, 2015
Pros: Flexible Hours
Cons: Parttime
Given the location of the store it will be a very busy day at the store. Located to serve several surrounding communities insures that your workday will be a fast paced experience.
Productive and fun
Store Protection Specialist (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 10, 2015
Pros: Flexible Shedule
Cons: None
This position gave me the skills and experience to branch out in other career fields. Co-workers are happy and hard working who strive for results daily. I enjoyed all the associates as well as customers.
Great work experience
Team member (Former Employee), WindcrestAugust 10, 2015
Pros: Great team members
Cons: Little to no benefits
Working at Ross gave me great experience working as a team and individually. You can really build good work structure by rotating positions and helping your team members throughout your shift.
Interesting place to work
Stock Associate (Current Employee), Overland Park, KSAugust 10, 2015
Pros: friendly associates
Cons: Not many full time positions
This place will astound you day by day with many things. Your typical day is a part time shift, varying from 4-8 hours. Sometimes they provide pizzas for lunch which is cool.
Not a pleasant experience
Cashier (Former Employee), Missouri City, TXAugust 9, 2015
Pros: discounts, double discount days
Cons: Bad management, Overworked
When I worked for the company I did not find management very pleasant. Out of 4 managers there was one who ruined it for everyone. She was very rude and over worked me and sometimes didn't allow me to take lunch breaks. I also worked long hours and felt that minimum wage did not compensate me for my time and efforts. The hardest part of the job was dealing with her because she called me on the weekends I was off and left voicemail's screaming at me for not being on the schedule. There really wasn't an enjoyable part of the job I just needed the money before college and it was my last resort. I learned that in life I'll have to deal with good and bad managers but I need to keep pushing instead of quitting.
Industry