Ross Dress For Less
1,779 reviews

Ross Dress For Less Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fun place to work at, at the time.
Mark Down Lead/ Customer Service (Former Employee), Fort Collins, COJuly 8, 2014
scan and price all markdown merchandise, cashier, customer service.
Invaluable experiences in a fast-pace retail environment.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 7, 2014
Able to learn so many things about discount retail as well as myself as a member of the management team.
Ross
Stock room Employee (Former Employee), Temple, TXJuly 7, 2014
Was at the store before it opened to receive truck process it and put it out.
Fun Place to Work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 7, 2014
nice place to work but hours and money is not sufficient enough for an adult with bills. But over all a great place to work they do offer discounts to all of their employees.
Great Position and hours
Area Supervisor (Current Employee), Watauga, TXJuly 7, 2014
Pros: discounts and hours
Cons: pay
This job fit perfectly into my life because I worked Monday through Friday 9-5 but I needed to advance so I took a promotion
Work Work Work
Asscociate (Former Employee), Bellingham, WAJuly 7, 2014
Pros: family oriented
Cons: no paid materninty leave for part time
Working here was a little more difficult due to the volume of the store, but once I got the hang of things, I was top cashier for a while and loved helping customers find their daily treasures. I loved working here, but ended up moving.
Fun place to work with a whole family to work with
Cashier/ Front End Supervisor (Current Employee), Schaumburg, ILJuly 7, 2014
Work is fun and complicated all at the same time. We have great customers that come in and are friendly and then we have complicated customers. As customer service we handle both kinds and keep a friendly smile on our faces. My coworkers and I work together to keep the front end clean and i think that would be the part that is the hardest because we – more... have a counter behind us and wish we could dump everything on it. The most enjoyable part of this job is when we all work together in the front end and have a fun time with it. – less
The best place i worked so far.
Ross, Supervisor (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 6, 2014
Pros: after 6 months i was the supervisior
Cons: some management didnt care about the job
As a cashier for this company its show you how to ring people up fast also leave them coming back for more. The hardest part was trying to listening to a new manager that didn't care about the company. But the work was really easy.
summary
Area Supervisor (Current Employee), Peoria, ILJuly 5, 2014
worked under a good management team learned different skills.
Fashionable clothing at a reasonable price
Store Protection Specialist (Current Employee), Pearland, TXJuly 3, 2014
Having the position that I have now is fun to me. I love the simple fact that I can learn so many things about the store. Leaning the shortage and all the numbers help me to be able to do the job to the best of my ability. It also makes me want to go further down the path that I am in now. I love my co-workers to death they are all like family to me.
Wonderful working environment
Certified Trainee; Sales Associate & Cashier (Former Employee), Irving, TXJuly 3, 2014
Pros: i was employee of the month!
Cons: ross needs to boost up there pay rate employees work too hard for nothing basically.
Great place to work not to much to say.....there's always something to do from keeping customers happy to keeping a safe clean working environment for customers and employees....
nice up and coming location at the time
sales/customer service/loss prevention (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 2, 2014
Pros: met different people on a daily basis
Cons: poor work ethic, tension amongst the workers
On a typical day things were pretty simple. At the time I worked there it was a new location. It was a new location and a lot of things were not organized. The hardest part of this job, was trying to receive delivery trucks within five hours. This job, in my opinion, was not fun. Keep in mind this was a relatively new location at the time, so not much – more... was invested into it. – less
Simple place to learn great customer service.
Part Time Sales Associate (Current Employee), Stockton, CAJuly 2, 2014
down to earth
simple job
Day to day same process
customer service
cash handling
Fun place too work at the Ross Store
Area Supervisor (Current Employee), CAJuly 1, 2014
Pros: we get at this place safety meals party
Cons: we get as full-times employees 2/15 min break and 1/2 lunch
I'm already a full-time employee and Area Supervisor in the back warehouse, have over 18/20 employees love to have great and wonderful people working with me make laugh and sometime have to be serious we all can do this, the hardest is that the freight for that has to come out at a certain hour, so then must be fast , efficient always to meet our goal – more... for that day , but we all are team players and deliver our treasure to the store.

Getting to know everyone on a daily makes me enjoy them all, and it's part of our job. – less
Decent Place to get started
Area Supervisor (Current Employee), Mount Juliet, TNJuly 1, 2014
Pros: structured, clear goals, room to advance
Cons: work/life balance, pay
Very much a company willing to help you grow, but eventually you reach a plateau and almost become stuck there. Downside is the raises are difficult to earn and some hired from outside will be made more than someone promoted from within. Overall not a bad place to work.
Friendly work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Houston,TxJuly 1, 2014
Pros: hour lunches
Cons: didn't have set lunches and breaks/ the pay could've been better for the workload
I loved the interaction with the customers. I was the first and the last person the customers seen daily. I got to know alot of them by name even. The location I was at was the busiest (so I heard) so there was always something to do to keep busy, which passed the day very fast. That's always a plus!
Fun and exciting workplace
Cash Handler (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 1, 2014
I really enjoy what I do at Ross. However, I am looking for a more challenging job. I believe I can use my experience from Ross and branch off to a bigger company.
Good Position
Store Manager (Former Employee), Rio Rancho, NMJuly 1, 2014
Ready to lead a new team. As I have been in the retail business for over 30 years.
Productive Workplace
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lithonia, GAJuly 1, 2014
The most enjoyable part of this job was the people and the discounts. The hardest part of the job was the management and company.
my day at ross
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Venice, CAJune 30, 2014
Typical day at Ross consists of being on the register and checking out the customer's items. I learned that we have to be fast at what we do while providing great customer service.

About Ross Dress For Less

Our customers love a great deal. That makes our mission simple: to provide exciting bargains, every day, in every store. It takes – Read more

Ross Dress For Less Photos