Ross Dress For Less
2,231 reviews

Ross Dress For Less Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Count/collect money on register.
Cashier (Former Employee), Mooresville, NcJanuary 11, 2015
Run racks from fitting room, interact with customers as they try on clothes and count/collect money on register.
Repetitive workplace
Front end Supervisor (Former Employee), Menifee, CAJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: garunteed breaks
Cons: poor pay, poor hours
Clock in, work, clock out. This was a fairly easy job. I didn't talk to coworkers very often but got along with everyone. Shifts were very quick and usually always busy. Management was always dependable. I enjoyed working the p.o.s. machine above all. I didn't care for the customers who came in, not the best clientele.
Fast paced and tolerable hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Tamuning, GUJanuary 10, 2015
It was fun while I was there learning new and fast ways at the register. I loved meeting and bonding with all the new associates.
cons
Sales associate (Former Employee), Albany, ORJanuary 9, 2015
Training can often lack especially as you advance. Makes it difficult to properly do your job.The more outgoing you are, the more you'll be noticed. Unfortunately, that can sometimes equate to those worthy of promotion being overlooked. Associates at all levels are often under appreciated especially by upper management visiting stores. Lots of changes taking place with the company....but not necessarily the right one.
good place to work if going to school
Cashier (Current Employee), El Paso, TXJanuary 9, 2015
good place to work , if your going to school though it does not offer much hours a week only part time
Productive and Fun to work with
Seasonal Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: great schedule
Cons: low pay
Unload truck
Break down the truck
Stock the product
Cashier
Greet customers
Strong work Ethic
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Santa Ana, CAJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: our manger always recognizes our hard work as a team or indivually
Cons: not able to work as many hours
This store specifically has improved with good management, associates work their best and with the best associated our customers are satisfied.
Department store
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Hiram, GAJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: close to home.
Cons: to much stock and not enough time to finish.
Unload trucks and put up stock. Different jobs. Some managers were great. Co-workers were funny. Putting up all the merchandise. Closing time.
Decent Pay for hard work
Store Manager (Former Employee), Aurora, COJanuary 7, 2015
daily work consisted of change runs, cleaning, stocking, ordering, hiring/firing, basic retail work
management was decent
coworkers and employees were good overall
hardest part was mastering the difficult customers
enjoyable part was the variety of the work
It was a hectic and productive work environment
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Peoria, AZJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: meet new people
Cons: no hours
Overall Ross is a very great store to shop at. Working there is fun sometimes however, I need a job that is more related to my career goal so I can surround myself with patients, and medical field related stuff. I also need a job that I can be independent on. I do not want to depend on someone in the future. Ross was never guaranteed hours.
Fast pace and fun place to work
Stock Team Member (Current Employee), Lakewood, WAJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: limited hours
I really like Ross because there is always something to do. You are constantly busy, which makes the shift go by rapidly. I am either getting product off of the hard lines and onto the floor, or I am ringing up customers on the sales floor. Either way, I am productive and busy.I have worked in Sales for a while, and it is a different type of retail store than most, so it has been a positive experience to about working in a store where products sell themselves. Management is good. They are good with their communication skills and very understanding. I get a long with all of my co-workers, as I usually do everywhere. The hardest part is probably sometimes there is too much stuff to put on the hummers and put on the floor and we have to get it done in a timely manner. The best part of the job is probably the fact that it's a fast pace job without an excessive amount of stress.
A Poor Work Environment
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Capitola, CAJanuary 6, 2015
Upper Management is not supportive of store level employees and managers. They have a "got ya" attitude and seem to always be looking for trouble with their employees even where there is none.
Productive workplace
STORE PROTECTION SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Tinley Park, ILJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: paid breaks, management
Cons: part-time
Easy day at work most of the time
Learned how to use security cameras
Improved communication skills
Management is very helpful and caring to help improve workplace
Co-workers always in a good mood
The job is enjoyable because of the work environment
fun place to work
Front end supervisor (Current Employee), Harrisonburg, VAJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: employee discount, my coworkers
Cons: pay, amount of hours available
I have learned a lot about customer service from working at Ross. My day is full of activity from being a cashier, making sure other cashiers are doing okay, as well as providing customers with a good experience. I have learned the most about how to quickly resolve disputes when one arises. I enjoy working with all of my coworkers. The hardest part of my job is when a customer leaves unsatisfied. I try to not let this happen but sometimes I cannot break company policy and this does not make them happy. On the other side of this the best part of my job is when a customer thanks me for my service or tells me something good that happened to them be it my service or another employee helping them. I like for everyone to leave the store happy they came and ready to return again.
A productive work place.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Lafayette, LAJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: a goal oriented enviorment.
Cons: short breaks.
I enjoyed the time I worked at Ross. I learned a lot about the retail field.
N/A
Stockroom - Area Supervisor (Former Employee), Pearland, TXJanuary 5, 2015
Cons: bad management
This was the worst job I every had and I over stayed my welcome.
Summary
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Greensburg, PAJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: works well with schedule
Cons: boring atmosphere
There is a lot of knowledge required to preform all of the required tasks at this job. It is very versatile and works well with your schedule, It can teach money handling, customer service, and how to work in a stockroom environment. The management is not the best, they don't really respond well to problems at the work place, they would much rather avoid it. The co-workers were all nice but a lot of drama.
Great Company
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mount PleasantJanuary 5, 2015
Wonderful environment just low pay! Starting at minimum wage 8 years ago seemed so low. Chances to work up in the company.
Ross Dress for Less
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee), Compton, CAJanuary 5, 2015
Ross offers a great discount of 20 percent off even mark down items. I was a great part time job. I would recommend this job,
Good Internship, not career
Management Intern (Former Employee), Castro Valley, CAJanuary 3, 2015
I enjoyed my time as an intern, but it helped me realize I do not want to do this forever.

About Ross Dress For Less

Our customers love a great deal. That makes our mission simple: to provide exciting bargains, every day, in every store. It takes – Read more

Ross Dress For Less Photos