Ross Dress For Less

Ross Dress For Less Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fun
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 17, 2014
working here help me alot in retail i learned how to work jewery and shoes very fun place to work
Getting alone with employees
Area Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJuly 16, 2014
safety is the goal saleassociate area supvicer have a job and make decison
Lack of one leader every one for themselves
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), FLJuly 16, 2014
Pros: good discount 20% including double discount days, 45 hours max
Cons: everything else
A few months ago there was one voice one message. Recently there has been major changes in corp positions Reg Vp, Reg Dir Reg LP and multiple DM leaving. With all these changes no one knows what direction the company is going and each leader tells us different ways stores should be ran. This is not a company you want to get involved in if you are wanting – more... to advance however you can come in from the outside as a high up other wise get comfortable. Assistants are used as punching bags while the store continues to fail and the store manager sits in the office as MOD with the radio and pages other managers for MOD calls. Store manager will make managers work in other areas of the store to ensure that their work is not completed so they can continue to threaten their job and help the less performing managers take the glory. DM turns a blind eye every time they come in and speaking only to associates and store manager. If only the DM would ask any of the assistants they would hear the truth and maybe the store could make a turn around till then keep listening to the store manager since that has been working for the last 4 years (its time for a change). – less
Fast Pace work place
Merchandise Stocker (Former Employee), Shreveport, LAJuly 15, 2014
Pros: great discount /benefits
Cons: n/a
Learned how to manage a store and stay ahead of goals.I managed good team players who went above and beyond to make sure we made sales and reached goals.
Work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Hesperia, CAJuly 15, 2014
Work long hours, with nice people, and great customers
learned the work flow of a retail clothing store
management was nice
co workers were pleasant
hardest part of the job was leaving
fun work place
Customer Service (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 15, 2014
its a great place to work and pass time making sure the customers are satisfied.
Provided a great customer experience
Area Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJuly 15, 2014
Fun, friendly, fast-paced retail store that provides a warm and welcoming environment for shoppers to shop.
Great Place to work. Fun and very engaged with team.
Store Manager (Former Employee), Port Arthur, TXJuly 15, 2014
Pros: 20% discounts to associates
Cons: turnover
Ross Company develops and gives recognition to there team.
Great place to work and amazing co-workers.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Orem, UTJuly 15, 2014
It can get busy sometimes and have to juggle different tasks at a time. I learned how to work as a team with my co-workers and management. Management listens and helps with problem I may face and teaches me how to do new things when something needs to be done. I think the hardest part of the job is some of the customers can be rude but I have to stay – more... positive and treat them with respect and make sure I can help them with what ever the problem they are having. The most enjoyable part of the job is my co-workers and management because I feel comfortable with the people I work with and from management I get to learn more on how to do more in depth with the store on how to make it better and functional. – less
Enjoyed my time working for ROSS
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Castro Valley, CAJuly 15, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: constant store pick-up
I enjoyed working in the retail enviornment and I had a great boss and co-workers. We all helped each other get the work done. I spent most of the time running the fitting room or stocking. I'd say the hardest part of the job was dealing with customers who would come in and make a mess of the store,dealing with theft. My most enjoyable part of the job – more... was working with great people and stocking the shelves. – less
cashier
Cashier (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 14, 2014
I made sure the food handed out was fresh, and I handled cash, greeted customers when they came through the door, I made sure my area was clean and well maintained. and I enjoyed working at burger king with friendly co workers.
Strong business model, training/ development
Director of Merchandise Planning (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 14, 2014
Great environment- enjoy co-workers across all levels.
Good growth potential, recognize individual contributions.
Fast paced enivronment
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee), jacksonvilleJuly 14, 2014
Managers were not really letting you have a chance to come up in the company.
Very good place to work
Loss Prevention (Former Employee), Gainesville, VAJuly 14, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: n/a
Extremely good company. Very smoothly ran business. Advance very quickly if you put the work in.
Decent job minimum staff
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Hurst, TXJuly 14, 2014
Only complaint is that Ross does not keep enough staff. The payroll allowed is very low and does not give them managment staff the correct number of people to maintain the stores properly.
Productive, Fast Paced Environment
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Turlock, CAJuly 14, 2014
There was always something to do. The co-workers were very friendly and always willing to help. The managers were always encouraging and professional. It was always hard to do an accurate job in the time expected, however.
A very fun place to work as you get to meet and greet new people
Cashier (Former Employee), Delray Beach, FLJuly 13, 2014
Pros: discount of clothes etc.
Cons: minimum wage
Ross was very fun place to work. but during holiday season situations can get out of control. Working wit Ross I learned that shoplifters comes in diff shapes, forms and sizes. I learned how to be part of a team, the only concern I had was how the managers would rather sit in the office or break and take too long to assist cashiers when they called – more... for assistance. – less
Great retail company with a positive outlook and great benefits.
Area Supervisor (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLJuly 13, 2014
Pros: great people and employee discounts.
Cons: lunch break only 30 minute long.
Ross is one of my all time favorite retail stores to shop at. It made since for me to work where I love to shop. Ross has very affordable prices and a great energetic work environment.
50/50
Cash Office Associate (Former Employee), Laurel, MDJuly 12, 2014
Pros: 20% discount and 60% discount 3 times a year
Cons: 60% discount is never schduled with pay periods
CALM WORK INVIORMENT
*I LEARNEDA LOT ABOUT RECORD KEEPING
*MANAGEMENT WORK WELL WITHTHE REST OF STAFF
*THE HARDEST PART OF THE JOB IS WHEN ISNT ENOUGH WORKERS
ross
Unloader/Stocker (Former Employee), Houma, LAJuly 12, 2014
Cons: short work hours.
while employed at ross dress for less i was required to unload merchandise from the truck to the store shelves. i was also require to work at a fast steady pace while helping customers.

About Ross Dress For Less

Our customers love a great deal. That makes our mission simple: to provide exciting bargains, every day, in every store. It takes – Read more

Ross Dress For Less Photos