Ross Dress For Less

3.2K reviews

Ross Dress For Less Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive workplace; if you can get the hours.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Mission Valley, CAJanuary 21, 2016
A typical day will have you go to the jewelry section to clock in and to find out what you're doing. Most of the time you'll be put on a register and start checking people out. If it starts to slow down you have an assigned section of the store to recover and do that until they call you over the PA to go back to the register. Managers were forgetful about breaks and I would have to remind them that I've been due for one. They would always apologize but it would just happen again.
working stock
Stocker (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 21, 2016
Pros: employee discounts
Cons: not enough work hours
we arrived at the store at 4:45 am, we would normally help clean up different departments that didn't get cleaned the night before, the truck would get to the store around 5:15am, scan in the merchandise, Place the merchandise on Hummers according to department. Place the merchandise on the floor in their correct departments. I learned to work quickly and efficiently,
I enjoyed working early. working with customers, helping them find what they wanted or needed.
The company wasn't quite organized.
Sales associate/ Customer service representative (Former Employee), GUJanuary 20, 2016
Pros: nice breaks
Cons: terrible hours terrible managers
The work day was spent trying to help organize the store it was absolute chaos. The hardest part of the job was working there it was awful.
Fast paced environment
Store Manager (Former Employee), San Leandro, CAJanuary 20, 2016
Pros: Fast paced and always changing
Cons: There is a lack of customer engagement
A great place for customers to shop for great deals, so there was a lot of foot traffic. The goal was to make the customer's experience as easy and friendly as possible while also getting a great deal
OK college student retirees good place for you
area manager (Former Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 20, 2016
Pros: Meet Genuine Peolple
Cons: JAIL
I'm not saying Ross as a whole is a total wreck, but the one where I was employed was ruined by management. Messy customers Bathrooms are always nasty, co workers would eat and steal your food. Money would be taken from purses. GOSSIP RULED !!!!!!
the average customer service environment
LOSS PREVENTION SPECIALIST (SECURITY) (Former Employee), Fresno, CAJanuary 20, 2016
Pros: very eas, y repetative work
Cons: not much room for advancment
days were long because of continues standing but the ease of the job made it hard to complain. I didn't really learn much that I didn't already know. the management had a lot to work on including employee relations. co-workers were very helpful and committed. the hardest part of the job was the extensive standing in one place. the most enjoyable part was co-worker and customer interaction.
Fun second job
Stock Associate (Current Employee), Warrenton, ORJanuary 20, 2016
Pros: discounts
Cons: benifits
This job is a great and fun part time job to have. You really get to know the people you work with and its always a fun day at work.
Exhausted
Store Manager (Former Employee), Tyler, TXJanuary 20, 2016
Pros: Decent pay
Cons: poor upper management and no support from HR
Poor upper management, favoritism, long hours. HR is not supportive when having issues with upper management. Upset DM, and its nothing but harassment and poor DM visits.
great environment and amazing co-workers
Front end supervisor (Current Employee), Victorville, CAJanuary 20, 2016
Pros: 20% discount on items
Cons: i'm only part time
I'm a front end supervisor, i have learned so much from this company such as doing mark downs, stock, recovery, and how to be a great front end supervisor. The work environment is great! Team work is always the key to being a great employee.
fun easy going job
sales floor (Current Employee), Kissimmee, FLJanuary 19, 2016
a very easy going job the only part that gets rough is the cleaning up. management is very good also. the co-workers act like a family.
It was a fun place to work
Retail Associate (Former Employee), Lafayette, LAJanuary 19, 2016
It was a very amazing job. I liked all of my co-workers and I felt that management worked with all of our needs as employees. The only problem I had was that I was never trained to do anything, I basically had to figure everything out on my own.
Ross.
Cashier, Sales Associate, Stockroom Associate (Former Employee), West Covina, CAJanuary 19, 2016
I mainly did cashiering, if I wasn't on the cash register, I was usually putting merchandise back where it belonged, helping customers by answering any questions they might have & just making sure they found everything okay, didn't have any trouble shopping. I even worked in the early mornings sometimes with the early morning shipments before the store opened with stocking the shelves with new merchandise, and putting hard tags on everything.
Management wasn't bad, I never had an issue with a Manager while I worked at Ross.
Co-Workers were another story. Most of them were rude, and I did have an issue with one of the Supervisors who was supposed to be training me when I first got hired. She didn't give me any guidance, and she was always really rude, so I had to figure everything out on my own for the most part, it seemed like a very "every man/women for his/her self" type of environment.
Nothing was hard about this job, it was fairly easy for me.
Great place to buy clothes
Loss Prevention Associate (Former Employee), Morrow, GAJanuary 18, 2016
Pros: I love this store
Cons: none
While working at ross i really enjoyed working there everyday for me was a good day i was able to learn so much and was able to grown as an individual because that taught me great values
Chaos
Customer Service (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 18, 2016
Did not really enjoy any part of this job. Company is good but the atmosphere was messy and chaotic. Always a mess and co workers did not seem happy to be there
Easy-going hard work
associate (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJanuary 18, 2016
Pros: Good communication
Cons: Clothes organization
The day is very routine. I learned how to process stock items and organize merchandise. Management was fair. Co-workers varied. Hardest part of the job was clothes, the most enjoyable part of the job was running merchandise.
unfriendly
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 18, 2016
Cons: they suck for a big retail company.they dont give no hours to rheir employees.etc
for a big time company making a lot of money they dont appreciate or values their employees they cut hours trastically people are force to get 2nd job
Cash Office Administration/Customer Service (Former Employee), Kissimmee, FLJanuary 17, 2016
Pros: positions
Cons: pay and benefits
It was my first time opening a retail store, from the beginning the management team was great they offered me great positions, giving me the opportunity to do administration in the cash office. I had that position until I left the company four years later. Got to work with many co-workers and between all of us took great care of our store and customers.
A typical day at work
Area Supervisor (Current Employee), Pasadena, CAJanuary 17, 2016
Pros: 20% Discount and 40% Discount three times out of the year.
Helping customers find what they need is a nice feeling and seeing they are happy with the treasure they find. It's a fast pace day, but if you have great work ethics, and love working with customers, this is a place to be.
Great workers and management
Retail Associate (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 17, 2016
Pros: Great People
Cons: Part-time only avaliable
Coming n the store you are always greeted y your workers and then assigned a task. I learned a lot about retail, such as markdowns, discounts, location of certain items and how to work my time effectually.
enjoyed the team members
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Lynchburg, VAJanuary 17, 2016
enjoyed working for this company would have stayed if not due to a car wreck, I got along with everyone.We would have group activites and team meetings in which we would value each team members ideas.
Industry