Ross Dress For Less

Ross Dress For Less Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun Place to work
Cash Office Associate (Current Employee), Tyler, TXMay 11, 2015
Pros: Great People, flexible shifts, easy job
Cons: not a lot of hours
Great experience working with coworkers, you make great friends with even managers. It is always a great day and time goes by fast. I just wish they gave more hours.
Decent place for high school students
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee), Fayetteville, NCMay 11, 2015
It's a very busy place to work for but at the same time it helps you gain experience. Co-workers are a great help at the store
great place to work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Emeryville, CAMay 11, 2015
Pros: great people fun time
Cons: none
i have a great time working at ross in emeryville,ca from the different customers that came into the the store to meeting some of the best people i call friends to this day ross well teach you so much if you are willing to learn plus the store manager was awesome.....
Good First Job, Great Co-workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Louisville, KYMay 11, 2015
Pros: Great Co-Workers
Cons: Management
My daily tasks at Ross changed every few days. I was mainly a cashier, but would also be exposed to working the dressing rooms, stock, and the customer service desk.
Funday
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Casselberry, FLMay 10, 2015
Working at Ross was fun! There is no job security, and pay is minimum, but the environment is FUN! Not a bad place for beginners.
Fun and productive
Manager (Current Employee), Morrow, GAMay 8, 2015
Pros: Benifits
Cons: No benefits for part time associates
We all worked hard but everyone made working at Ross a pleasure. We drive 100% customer service. I learned responsibility and patience.
Busy company
Area Supervisor/Front-end Supervisor (Current Employee), Montebello, CAMay 7, 2015
Pros: Fast advancement within the company.
Cons: Short staff, management.
Store is ALWAYS busy. Not enough associates scheduled to cover the foot traffic of the business. Plus side is the company has fast advancement but doesn't provide the proper training that is needed.
ross
Stockroom Associate, floor recovery (Former Employee), Marietta, GAMay 7, 2015
Ross was a fun and different experience . I learned a lot of new things that I really didn't know about working in a retail clothing store .
Nice place
Cashier/Sales Associate/Stocker (Current Employee), Nashville, TNMay 6, 2015
Pros: 20% discount on every purchase, Periodic 15 min breaks for long shifts
Cons: It pasy $7.75
I enjoy working here. I'm just not scheduled that often due my athletic schedule. I pretty much have good days at ROSS when I actually work.
ok place to work
Area Supervisor (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMay 6, 2015
Not to keen on incentives for good work but if your only looking for a part time job this is perfect. Its difficult to move up but of course not impossible as long as you get in front of the right people. Which is considered a challenge
Fast paced and fun place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Tucson, AZMay 6, 2015
Pros: Good discounts for associates and benefits for full timers.
Cons: Managers work such a diverse schedule it is sometimes very difficult for your personal life
I work 10 hour days or 45 hours a week typically. My shifts change and days off are usually split and we do not work a set schedule as management. It is very demanding but can also be very rewarding. The best part are the associates who work for me and the customers I have the opportunity to meet. I enjoy the challenges the company has for us and the new programs we learn then train. I have learned that mistakes can be opportunities and being a manager means I lead by example.
productive workplace
Early Morning Stocker (Current Employee), Yuma, AZMay 5, 2015
Pros: breaks, get along with coworkers
Cons: get called off more than once a week
Quite a lot of work to do in 5 hours but you have something to do. A typical work day is about 75 boxes of shoes to tag and put on the shelves, and around 30-40 boxes of furniture to put on the display stands. There is anywhere from 10-15 carts (3 shelves filled with merchandise) to put on sales floor. I learned that there is more to clothing store than just putting clothes on racks and shoes on shelves. The most enjoyable part of the job is my 15 minute break and 30 minute lunch, if I'm there long enough to have a lunch. The reason why is because my last job I worked 8-11 hours a day without a break or lunch.
retail lessons
Softlines Lead (Former Employee), rome,gaMay 4, 2015
its nonstop. you definitely learn how far your patience can stretch and then you learn how to make it stretch further. it teaches you the importance of order and how the customer is always right.
Easy Jobe for very very very little money
Sales Associate (Current Employee), virginiaMay 4, 2015
Easy job for very very very little money
has very flexible schedule
very demanding and can be tiring at time
the point is ..its a good job for student or someone with no real financial responsibilities all this job pays is some little pocket money
Great place to work, Great benefits
Lead Store Protection Specialist (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMay 4, 2015
Pros: Great managers, great hours
Cons: fast paced
A great place to work with great benefits, and work hours. The hardest part of the job is actually getting to work. The management staff is very understanding.
productive,fun place to work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Fairfax, VAMay 4, 2015
this place provided vending machines in the breakroom for the workers. Friendly place to work with a steady pace of customers. the best place to find many items for yourself or friends and family.
Great place to build skills
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee), Orland Park, ILMay 4, 2015
Pros: Parties for meeting goals
Cons: Healthcare
As supervisor I must admit that I have acquired a great skill set. With each there are challenging tasks and I'm always building great rapport with customers. There are many shoppers that have questions regarding merchandise, price adjustments and so forth that keeps me on my toes. I have learned how to be confident with my judgement, keep the customer happy and stay true to Ross policy. Before stepping into this position, I did not understand how returns were processed, how to price items or mark the price down because of opened packages and so forth. This position has helped me prioritize and better use my assistance through my co-workers. The entire team are genuine helpers and this makes the day more enjoyable. However, this doesn't compare to Tuesdays, Senior day, when I'm able to converse with the customers and see their smiling faces when I give them their discount. There truthfully isn't a hard part of the job!
Quiet, face paced
Cash Office Associate (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMay 4, 2015
Pros: manager was pleasant
Cons: manager availability
Counting all monies in registers, bank vault.
2. How to be precise in finding last penny.
3. Friendly, patient in training
4. Some friendly and some not so friendly
5. Getting registers ready in timely manner
6. working in front able to talk with others.
Good first job
Cash Office Clerk/Stock (Former Employee), Modesto, CAMay 4, 2015
It's okay. Bad hours for part-time and one store only has like five full-timers. If you like clothes, this is your place.
Good Temporary place of employment
STOCK ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Stock AssociateMay 3, 2015
Not an easy job, very demanding and extremely fast pace. A lot of unresolved issues and was not allowed to help guests the way I felt they deserved.

About Ross Dress For Less

Our customers love a great deal. That makes our mission simple: to provide exciting bargains, every day, in every store. It takes – Read more

Ross Dress For Less Photos