Ross Dress For Less
2,441 reviews

Ross Dress For Less Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Demanding work environment aids as a great place to improve customer service skills with supportive management.
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee), Rancho Cucamonga, CAApril 13, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule
Cons: Minimum wage, yearly raises are disappointing
This job can be demanding and stressful, however, it taught me to be patient, resilient, and confident in upholding the company's policies. Management was always supportive and helpful when needed. Most of my coworkers were obedient and pleasant, although having been in a supervisory role, sometimes it proved difficult to manage so many people while focusing on customers at the same time. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting compliments from customers who were satisfied with our services. It is always nice to know that our hard work pays off.
STEP Team
Sales Associate/STEP Team (Former Employee), Cicero, ILApril 13, 2015
I learned how to hard tag the apparel. Put merchandise on the floor. Fitting room, help customers. Also, be cashier. Sort out accessories.
I lkie Woking with other People and the customers were nice.
Cashier (Former Employee), Inglewood, CAApril 13, 2015
Pros: Working 30 hours Plus
Cons: Working Late.
I liked working at Ross because of my co- workers and our customers. We all got along with each other and we treated our customers very well.
Good Job
Cashier (Former Employee), Fontana, CAApril 12, 2015
The work is straight forward and not too challenging, but it's employment. Co-workers were nice and management was fair. The pay was reasonable as well.
Okay company
Cashier (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 11, 2015
Pros: safety meeting with free food, the people
Cons: not flexible, horrible pay and no PTO
I personally didnt like working there. The pay was horrible and they are not very flexible. It is definitely meant for high school or college students that just want money in their pockets
Efficient employees, Bad management
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee), Lompoc, CAApril 11, 2015
Pros: Excellent co-workers
Cons: Really bad management
It has been great getting to meet all of the people working there; for the most part everyone works well together. There are a lot of conflicts in management which make communication very difficult.
Good place to start out
Associate (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COApril 11, 2015
Pros: decent hours, helping coworkers, understanding managers
Cons: benefits for those on full time staffing, customers will be rude, theft
A typical work day starts off with you clocking in at the front, start your day. You will always have something to do and you cant stand around doing nothing. There is always something to be done to occupy time. It is a busy during the day so you are always doing something rather than nothing which is nice. It can get overwhelming sometimes because of the lack of workers we have working during the day; if we have no call no shows or someone calls off.
You need to be fast and have an eye for details. Your work makes the customers "happy". Do your job, be nice and you can make it through the day.
On going!
Back-Up Manager (Current Employee), Costa Mesa, CAApril 11, 2015
The environment is wonderful; I've met so many people through-out my two years at Ross, however, they have come and gone. Many have quit because it is a rough job, not necessarily doing the job, but it is an on going process. the relationship between employees and customers are down the drain. Management, as humorous as they are, most of the time they don't help out. Instead they push us employees to do their dirty work for them, and when you push someone to their limits they are bound to quit, luckily for me i have gained so much patience over the years. As for my co-workers, they are the best, I know who they are, and they know who I am -- simple as that. The most enjoyable part is being able to manage all my cashiers and sales floor associates. I've been there for so long that they see me as a manager now, ask me questions, what their duties for the day is, and trusting me with money.
A well structured company
Area Supervisor/Manager On Duty (Promotion) (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 10, 2015
daily walks, floor sets, scheduling, meetings with co workers, break-room and safety agenda, financial planning, office tasks
get to learn a lot of new things everyday.
Cashier (Current Employee), falls church VAApril 10, 2015
Very fun and full of energetic crew members. I learned how to handle customers and provide the best customer service. I learned how to handle multiple tasks at once. It is bizarre to say this, but the most exciting part of the job is the busiest hour. I love the teamwork and cooperation.
Retail clothing sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Tempe, AZApril 10, 2015
In retail sales the daily duties are pretty normal, stocking customers, cash register, etc. Although the customers and staff moods, as well as behaviors vary. This has been for the most part a good learning experience for me. We as a whole staff were supportive of each other, even when we had a rough experience or day.
Could not believe it
Floor Associate (Former Employee), Moses Lake, WAApril 10, 2015
Pros: Some of the other employees were really helpful kind and polite.
Cons: Everything besides the pros. I was truly let down by this company.
A "typical" work day at Ross in Moses Lake, WA when I worked there was overall a tragedy. I would come in one to two days a week for two hours after other employees let the areas get trashed by customers without picking up anything. The work schedule seemed to be played with and changed so much at my time there, about up to three times a week without being notified and wouldn't find out about when I have to work until I was either already late or not even contacted to come in and told when I came in for the previously scheduled time to just go home. Plus I didn't find two hours, stress, poorly structured environment provided by corporate sleazes worth the $10 in gas to get there and back for the $20 dollar work day.
Productive, effecient enviroment
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Rocky Mount, NCApril 9, 2015
Pros: yearly bonus for overall store performance
Cons: health care
I worked at Ross for 10 and a half years and loved the customers and the atmosphere! My store was number 1 in the district for 2 years in a row! I had much success driving great training of my associates and quick customer checkout.
Ross
Store Manager (Former Employee), McHenry, ILApril 9, 2015
Pros: proximity to home
Cons: employee satisfaction
Decent work life balance
Some favortism toward newly hired managers
some promises made at hire not followed through
Pay was comparable to like positions
great
Loss Prevention/Associate (Current Employee), Carmichael, CAApril 8, 2015
This company was good, treated me well. I worked LP for a year then switch over to regular associate for the remaining and until now.
Depnds on who you are.
Stock Team Leader (Current Employee), High Point, NCApril 8, 2015
Working at Ross as a part-time employee can be fun but it is a lot of hard work to get moved up in the company. It is even harder work to maintain your new position, especially if it is fulltime.
Great work place
Retail associate (Current Employee), Florence ALApril 8, 2015
Great place to start working if you are looking for an easy job. Employees are very friendly. You work in all different parts of the store so you never get bored doing one thing.
Terribel
Cashier (Former Employee), San Antonio TexasApril 7, 2015
Pros: discount card
Cons: pay sucks, you barely get hoursand no room for advancement
What can I say. When I worked there I would only get like 12 hours a week. Don't waste your time working here unless you're applying to be a manager.
Fast paced company with many advancement options
Area Supervisor (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAApril 7, 2015
I loved working for Ross, I always enjoyed helping a customer find whatever it was they needed. Who didn't enjoy awesome deals! The management is really good about cross training their associates in every area of the store.
good
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Rome, GAApril 7, 2015
working with the public can be difficult but it instills in you confidence and the ability to work with others and making sure customers have what they need before they leave the store

About Ross Dress For Less

Our customers love a great deal. That makes our mission simple: to provide exciting bargains, every day, in every store. It takes – Read more

Ross Dress For Less Photos