Ross Dress For Less

Ross Dress For Less Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Awesome company!
Area Supervisor (Former Employee), Huntington Beach, CAApril 9, 2014
Loved working hear, good management and good opportunities.
Retail work where you get paid to have fun and work hard
Area Supervisor (Current Employee), Buford, GAApril 9, 2014
Pros: fun a work and meeting new people
Cons: unreal expectation with zero excuses as to why things don't get done
Overall Ross is a good place to work. They have an excellent benefits package for their full time employees. You get a discount on purchases and additional discount 3 times a year.
Exciting place to work.
Cash Office Associate (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAApril 9, 2014
Pros: recognition and a thank you every now and then.
Cons: short lunches
A typical day to me is walk inside work speak to everyone, go into my office, count down my registers and safe and then make deposit. My daily routine is I just check in with the manager let him or her know what i have completed and ask if their is any thing else that i need to add to my tasks for that day. After talking to them i complete what i need – more... to complete and then i usually just do my own thing as far as cleaning, markdowns, pricing until someone calls me or need back up on the front end. The hardest part of my day is after lunch i am full and ready to go but I still pull threw to accomplish what i need to. I can not start a task and not finish it before the end of my work shift, The most enjoyable part is seeing the smiles of the many people that I have helped that day that will return to get great customer service. – less
Ross
Customer Service/ Sales floor (Current Employee), Moore, OKApril 9, 2014
I love working for Ross Dress for Less, the only down fall is not being able to obtain more hours.
Front-End Supervisor
Sales Associate, Front-End Supervisor (Former Employee), Dothan, ALApril 9, 2014
On a typical work day, the motion of things was very fast-paced. I learned a lot about customer service, and management was always helpful. Honestly, I got along with everyone I worked with.
ok job possible room for advancement
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee), Erie, PAApril 9, 2014
Pros: fun co workers, training
Cons: communication, not stable, can't get full time unless a manager
Daily reports and training completed. Hardest part of job was when it was slow, most enjoyable part was the training. Management had poor communication and handled thing poorly but most of them did a great job.
poor levels of management and zero aility to move up.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), garden grove, huntington parkApril 9, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: work enviroment
the ross experience wasn't a great experience i was a shift leader and before that i worked out on the floor and stock room, management didnt take pride in working for their company and alot of the employee's really saw it as just a job, i knew it wasnt the type of enviroment i wanted for myself, which is why i seeked out a better opertunity.
great place
Customer Services/Cashier (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLApril 9, 2014
love this job great company great manager. willing to work with ur schedule
A typical work day at Ross
Front End Supervisor/ Cash Office Manager (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLApril 9, 2014
Pros: meeting new people and being able to make someone happy.
Cons: grouchy management
A typical work day at Ross never ends without some kind of shocking "oh my goodness, I can't believe that just happened" event. There are many ups and downs that come with the job. The hardest part of the job is trying to keep the store clean while you're crazy busy. The best part is seeing how much you've helped your customers. Whether they are there – more... for clothes or odd and end things. Ross is like a big treasure hunt and someone always left with a smile on their faces because they were excited about the treasures that they just found. The co-workers are absolutely awesome. Everyone knew that for the job to be done everyone needed to work as a team to complete it the right way. As far as management there were good days and bad days. More bad than good, but we all still enjoyed our work environment. – less
great experience working with others and great costumer care
Sales Asst (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 8, 2014
unload truck into stock room. Sort out the merchandise. and running them out onto the main floor, where costumers can purchase them. also running the register. and also clean up the store..
Our new safety topic
Store Protection Specialist (Current Employee), Flowood, MSApril 8, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: low pay/hours
On a daily basis I am required to coach other team members on safety topics as well as other rules for the company. Co- workers either know the information or they don't. It is my responisbility to make sure everyone is informed during the time I am on duty. This is an example of the new safety topic. Ladder safety- Be safe while using the ladder, make – more... sure it works properly, and do not use the ladder infront of a door that is not prompt. – less
Senior Financial Analyst
Utilized Kronos Timekeeping
Ad-Hoc Management Reports
productive
Stock Team Member (Current Employee), Industry, CAApril 7, 2014
Not enough hours, management works with your schedule, co- workers are nice, you get a discount
Productive and pleasant place to work
Retail Associate (Current Employee), Hazelwood, MOApril 7, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: pay
I'm very pleased with this job bu now that Ive moved it is just too far. The pay isn't all that good either.
Productive and efficient
Cashier, FES, SPS (Current Employee), Miami, FlApril 7, 2014
Working with Ross is a pleasure, there are a few things about management that could be different. Overall it is a fair environment and nice workplace. Providing customer service if the best part of working with Ross.
I didn't like it.
Stock Room Assistant (Former Employee), Texarkana, TXApril 7, 2014
Pros: it's a job if you don't have one.
Cons: the pay sucked and they only give you part time hours
I unloaded boxes all day. Folded clothes, put them on hangers, and put price tags on them.
Team work
Loss Prevention Security Specialist (Current Employee), Emeryville, CAApril 6, 2014
Pros: nice enviroment to work
Cons: no much advancement
Management is friendly and work well on minimizing operations of shortage.
very productive
Sales associate (Former Employee), birmingham,alabamaApril 4, 2014
Pros: long breaks and discount on clothes
Cons: too far from my home
typical work day was answering phones assisting customers in fitting area and restocking merchandise
Productive Day at Ross
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee), Port Arthur, TXApril 3, 2014
Pros: learned alot, promoted up
Cons: not enough pay for all i had to do
When I clocked in I would go to my designated area and start to recover. I would be called for back up on the register when needed to quickly help get the line down. When managers went to lunch or had to leave the store for any other reason they would put me in charge of the store. I then had to make sure everyone was doing their job correctly and keep – more... an eye on the customers. – less
Stable Enviroment
Retail Associate (Former Employee), Tinley Park, ILApril 3, 2014
A true building experience from a previous work field that involved remaining at a desk.

About Ross Dress For Less

Our customers love a great deal. That makes our mission simple: to provide exciting bargains, every day, in every store. It takes – Read more

Ross Dress For Less Photos