Ross Dress For Less

Ross Dress For Less Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and Fast Paced Job
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Florence, SCMarch 21, 2015
On a typical day the store is very busy. I am always in customer service helping customers with any complaints or any other problems that they have. The hardest part about the job is dealing with the rude and belligerent customers.
Goal oriented job, must meet daily quota
Cover Team Lead (Former Employee), fort collins coloradoMarch 20, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: poor management and poor recognition
Poor management, but a fun place to work. Its a very busy environment. Goal is to get all merchandise out onto the floor. Flexible working hours. They have a high turn over rate, employees always coming and going. High turn over rate for store managers as well.
Not the best place to work
CSR/Stocker (Former Employee), Macon, GAMarch 20, 2015
A typical work day is okay. I've learned how to handle situations from all stands of view. Management weren't the best. Very unorganized and discriminating. My co-workers were great workers. The hardest part of the job was coming to it. The most enjoyable part was going home.
Productive very busy.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Stone Mountain, GAMarch 19, 2015
Love working with customers. Awarded "Store Manager of the Year" (2008), Awarded “Employee of the Month” three times for Southern GA region as a result of superior sales, profit and customer satisfaction results.
Great Company and place to learn
Loss Prevention Specialist (Current Employee), Denver, COMarch 19, 2015
Pros: great place to learn and advance
Cons: low pay
Love the company just not don't pay enough. You can advance in the company if you apply yourself.
The job is easy enough the hardest part of the job would be customers.
Good experience with dealing with customers and handling cash
Cashier (Former Employee), Fresno, CAMarch 19, 2015
Pros: great customers, great management, discount for employees
Cons: memorizing where all the different sections of clothes are
A typical day at work would consist of cleaning your work area, getting the cash register ready, making sure you have enough money to handle change or large purchases. I learned a lot about customer interaction, how you can make their experience better because you are the last person they deal with before leaving the store. Management was good, they were always there to help you when you needed it, whether it was needing help with getting money for the cash register or answering questions for yourself or the customers. The co-workers were really helpful, they will help you when you need it and always gave positive feedback. The hardest part about the job would be learning where all the different sections of clothes were and pointing them out to the customers. The most enjoyable part about the job is when you get customers coming to you with their purchases and are surprised about all the good clothes Ross had to offer.
Ok job
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Pooler, GAMarch 18, 2015
Okay job. Usually a day consisted of putting up stock and cashiering. Closing was a hassle at times. Overall, a decent job. Pay isn't that great. Just minimum wage.
fun place
Customer Service (Former Employee), paramount, paramountMarch 18, 2015
Management is fun, friendly

The hardest part of my job was nothing.

i really like ross

i would normally do cashier, fitting room ect.
Ross Dress For Less
Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Tempe, AZMarch 18, 2015
Pros: fast pace
The management gave me opportunities where I was able to grow and learn from my inner strength. Overall this is a friendly and fun environment. I highly recommend individuals who are in college or retirees to choose working for this company.
Very Productive and Hard working employee's
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Hendersonville, TNMarch 16, 2015
Pros: free lunch when we get good reports
Cons: breaks are to short and the pay is not that great
I've worked at Ross for 8months now and I like what I do. I work with some of the hardest working employee's and they are good co-workers. The hardest part of the job is of course the demand for a limited amount of products that we receive everyday.
Fun
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Birmingham AlMarch 16, 2015
This is a fun laid back job. It does not pay that much, probably enough to pay a bill or gas money, but everyone get along. That is all I have to say.
Fun work place
Cashier (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 16, 2015
I enjoy working with my co-workers because they are fun and positive. The discounts that the employees receive are great.
Friendly Workplace
Retail Associate (Current Employee), North Las Vegas, NVMarch 14, 2015
Pros: fun people to work with and friendly customers
Cons: short breaks
Once you clock in. you start you START assignment whether the supervisors/managers tell you to or not. If you are in the middle of your START assignment and they need you anywhere in the store you go to where you are needed, do what needs to be done and then go back to your START assignment if your not already finished with it. After you finish your START assignment, you check the clipboard to see if you have any sizing to do, if you dont then you ask the FRONT END SUPERVISOR what you should do. Most the time they will have you go recover in your section( every employee has a section that they have to recover,it changes everyday). If you are done recovering they will have you help with up front or run the fitting room racks.
Its a long days work but its worth it.
You get to work with fun and friendly people and meet some nice customers.
a really bad experience with that company
Customer service, Cash Office Clerk (Former Employee), Indio, CAMarch 13, 2015
Cons: no communication between management and myself
Very poor management. Not enough hours to work a week. Manager was not available to talk about issues at work. Stressful.
Started good, ended bad.
Retail Associate (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALMarch 13, 2015
Pros: 20% discount (40% every four months)
Cons: bad management skills, always understaffed, no one to help you when it gets busy.
Working here ended up being more hassle than what is was worth. You NEVER get off work on time. Sometimes one hour over. It is fast paced, which is cool, but can become really stressful due to low amount of staff on duty at all times (besides holidays). There was no diversity where I worked. Everyone was black and a female (except there were 4 black males). They didn't even care that I had death in my family & secretly fired me because I didn't show up to work like they wanted me to (after I told them about the death in the family). Being fired from here was a relief, though. It was beginning to be too much for only $200-$230 every 2 weeks part time. I'm sure all of them aren't this way, but never again..I'll just stick to shopping there, not working there. I was there for 1 year.
Productive and Fast-Paced
Sales Associate, Ross (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAMarch 13, 2015
Pros: always busy
Cons: only can work 50 hours for 2 weeks as a part time, few to no hours given
I worked in markdowns, the fitting room, and as a cashier. In markdowns, I scan items in each department for price changes and inventory. I also get called to help in register, fitting room, or stock room when help is needed. In the fitting room, I count the items on a t stand in and out of the fitting room. I then organized the items that the customers don't want on a rack. I also make sure the fitting rooms are clean of hangers, price tags, hard tags, and trash. I also make sure the bathroom is nice and orderly for customers. As a cashier, I process all items by removing hangers, removing the hard tags, scanning the items, and lastly bagging the items. Throughout the day, I do go backs, sizing, and making sure the assigned department is clean and in order.
good people to work with.
Cashier/Customer Service/loss prevention security (Former Employee), Peoria, AZMarch 12, 2015
kind of fun to work there fellow co-workers and customers were the funnest part of the job. go into work clock in find my register for the day then start taking purchases when we would sow down each employee had a section of the products they would clean up mine was either the mens shoes ot mens clothes. continue through the shift taking purchases.
received truck and stocked the shelves and prepared merchandise
Stock Lead (Former Employee), Fort Collins, COMarch 12, 2015
Pros: oportunities to move up, employee voices were heard
Cons: not many cons for this job
Was a great job, made many long-term connections, as well as learned a lot. Got my first hands on, about accounting for the company. Over all a fun place to work.
Alright for first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), McKinney, TXMarch 12, 2015
Cons: no health care
great job to work at but had problem with supervisor. When you first work there its great you get use to everybody but then they start moving on. You get new supervisor who really don't know what their doing. It just complicated and they sometime messed up my schedule.
friendly Co workers
Loss Prevention / Cashier (Current Employee), Culver City, CAMarch 11, 2015
Pros: friendly co workers
Cons: no benefits
great job! love it . Managers are really cool . only thing everything is part time no benefits but overall great company to work for.

About Ross Dress For Less

Our customers love a great deal. That makes our mission simple: to provide exciting bargains, every day, in every store. It takes – Read more

Ross Dress For Less Photos