Ross Dress For Less

Ross Dress For Less Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Not your typical Retail Experience
Stock Associate (Current Employee), Orange Park, FLFebruary 2, 2016
Pros: Early work hours
Cons: Management, too many demands, cutting hours
Working on the stock team at Ross is very hectic and demanding. No matter how hard you work, the managers always seem to spend more time on criticizing the workers than giving credit when it's due. There is not much opportunity for advancement or cross-training unless you speak up about it. Ross is a great store overall. It just depends on which location you work at because every store is different, especially with this being a retail store.
Fun, non pressured, great greeting and assisting customers.
Retail Associate (Current Employee), Panama City Beach, FLFebruary 2, 2016
Pros: Great Management
Cons: not enough hours
Wonderful place to work. Have food provided in breakroom once a month. Management is very understanding, great to work for. Feels like being with family as each associate is eager to help the other to meet company goals.
Low hours, management changes often, rules and regulations change whenever they feel like it.
Loss Prevention Associate (Current Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 2, 2016
Pros: It pays
Cons: No beneifts, job isnt steady, managment gets away with everything
Working in the Austin area, I've seen very poor management all around. After a year of coming in when people call in sick or whatever reasons just when they needed me, they've yet to give me a raise or even a full time status.
There are no benefits if you're part time. Every manager is different and the rules are vague enough they can get by with changing it however they want. Mostly dress code issues, but when it comes to breaks and lunches as well. Several times I've been asked to take a lunch within my last hour, one time they wanted me to take a lunch within my last half hour and then immediately clock out so they could say I had a lunch and their boss wouldn't get mad at them.
The SPS or loss prevention job is awful, you can't do anything really but stand around and talk to people. You can't even call the police without calling corporate first. Can't walk out of the store to get a license plate or anything. The job is pretty useless.
When the schedule gets posted I tend to take a picture of it, and several times management has changed it later and won't let me know so I'll end up being late and still somehow reprimanded for it.
It's a giant mess. Avoid it if you can.
The worst
Store Protection Specialist (Former Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 2, 2016
Pros: Markdowns
Cons: Everything else
If you are anywhere an Florida and want to work at Ross, DON'T. It's the worst place to ever work. Management act like children, you are basically slaving for minimum wage, they don't give hours, and they expect the most when they dint even appreciate you. During the interview process of your are part time they will guarantee 25 hours a week which is a lie. You will be lucky if you make 12 hours that week. If you have personal reasons for leaving work, you might as well except that write up because that's what you are going to get. Store manager at the one I worked at had her period and she went home an associate had a family memeber in the hospital and if she left she would have been fired.
An place for experience
Store Associate (Former Employee), Fairfield, CAFebruary 1, 2016
Pros: Fun to see the merchandise coming in.
Cons: Lack of strong and fair managment
I worked at two different Ross Stores. The first store was such a pleasure to work for. The second store....not so much. It had to do with different management styles. There were a lot of inconsistencies with the second store.
Generally good, one manager makes it kinda suck
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Yucaipa, CAFebruary 1, 2016
Pros: Most of the managers are great, easy to work around your schedule
Cons: One of the managers sucks, not enough hours for most people
Almost all of the managers and associates are great. There are only a few bad apples but they truly do spoil the bunch. Many coworkers feel a loss of morale or uncomfortable-ness in the workplace. Complaints have been filed but nothing has been done about it yet. This certain manager plays favorites, which really sucks because he is the one who creates the weekly schedules for everyone.
Great company to work for!
Financial Analyst - Store Operations (Current Employee), Dublin, CAJanuary 31, 2016
Pros: Excellent corporate retail experience
Cons: Located in the East Bay
Excellent company with plenty of growth opportunities. They are located in the East Bay which is a huge con. However, they have excellent benefits, strong stock, great culture, and a great gym on campus.
positive
Front End Supervisor/ Back Up Stock Lead (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJanuary 31, 2016
good work experience and good people, variety of jobs to keep busy. learned how to process incoming trucks and gained experience in variety of things
outgoing worklace
Cashier (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 28, 2016
I go in way before the store opens to help maintain the merchandise and clothing. I clock out 3 hours after the store opens and its an easy day.
fun play to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Tustin, CAJanuary 28, 2016
Pros: easy and slow pace
Cons: none
i had a good time working in ross will miss it made life long friends the staff is nice you feel welcome it slow pace all the time only if your working unloading truck
Its Alright
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COJanuary 28, 2016
Ross is good place to work if you are just starting out in the workfield or need a second job. If it is your only job, it can be difficult to get hours.
Not all great
Fitting Room Associate (Former Employee), La Habra, CAJanuary 27, 2016
Cons: always late with breaks. nobody will help
Stand for hours. nobody would help with the fitting room. always under staffed on busy days. they didn't give me my lunch break when it states when working over 5 hours I get a lunch..
Fast-paced environment that offers growth within the company.
Area Supervisor (Current Employee), Santa Clara, CAJanuary 27, 2016
Pros: Good environment if you are a people person.
Cons: Low wages
Management team is very supportive and helpful as well as highly organized. Work day is very fast-paced which may make the day a bit stressful but everyone works as a team to get the job done.
Straight forward tasks and easy going management
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Danville, VAJanuary 27, 2016
Pros: Employee discount, clear roles
Cons: short breaks, few to no health benefits, low pay
-On a typical day at Ross, assist patrons, employees would manage the cash registers, tidy up the displays and merchandise, attend the dressing room, place return items back on the racks, and answer phones.
-While working there I learned how to work quickly and perform many different tasks at the same time.
-Ross's management was fairly understanding and easy to talk to if one were having issues with a task.
-Overall, my co-workers were easy to get along with and I didn't have any problems working with them.
-The hardest part of the job was that you still had numerous responsibilities to fulfill even on the busiest of days and it was often understaffed
-The work schedule was very flexible as long as you made sure to request days off in advance.
Not enough going on
Cashier (Former Employee), Plano, TXJanuary 27, 2016
Pros: discount
Cons: not enough pay, no benefits
I was hired as a cashier, and yet was not trained. I was not getting paid enough to being working as a cashier. Customer were rude, no benefits.
I enjoy working with the public.
Retail Accounting and Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Newnan, GAJanuary 25, 2016
Pros: Variety in job assignments
Cons: Standing all day
I have a developed a greater appreciation for good customer service. This is a huge part of the job. Also, I balance and reconcile all cash in the store and prepare the daily deposits for the armored company to pick up. I work closely with management in the store and train co-workers in various areas of the store.
The hardest part of my job is standing on my feet all day.
Very considerate and personable manager staff
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee), Denver, COJanuary 25, 2016
Pros: thirty minute breaks and vending machines that would only sometimes take your change.
Cons: Lack of hours for employees and over staffing, creating even less hours
Over all, it is a decent jobs. You can apply for benefits after working there for a year; but thats only if you can survive the low hours long enough to make it that far. The store and general manager were both great people that helped me find an appartment when I needed one. Truly great people.
Developed great teams and partnerships.
Store Protection Specialist (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCJanuary 25, 2016
Worked closely with management and associates to maintain a safe and secure environment. Every month we get a new set of shortage departments and we have to study it learn it, then pass it on to the associates. Just to make sure they keep a close eye on each department we have shortage in.
Productive and very welcoming environment
Stock manager (Former Employee), Plymouth Meeting, PAJanuary 24, 2016
I loved working at this ross stores location. They welcomed me with opened arms everyday. I learned everything I needed to learn within one weeks time. They love to teach their employees whatever they want to learn so they can expand in the store.
productive place
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Huntington Park, CAJanuary 23, 2016
Company provides great customer service to all its clients. If you enjoy being helpful to others and is into fashion, Ross is the place for you.
Industry