Ross Dress For Less

Ross Dress For Less Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fun
Stock/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Fairfield, CADecember 11, 2014
you don't get benefits unless your full time, the coworkers are ok , not always the best ppl to be around .
Fun experience and friendly enviorment
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), North Little Rock, ARDecember 11, 2014
Friendly coworkers which creates and happy place to work and shop
Fast Paced Work Environment That Uses Critical Thinking
Retail Associate (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VADecember 11, 2014
Pros: employees, cross training in various departments
Cons: short breaks, benefits
-Typical Day at Work Was Okay, Since They Get Merchandise From a Warehouse, It Is a Challenge Putting Items Where They Need To Go.
-I Learned How to Multi-Task Better
-Management Was Stern When I Was There
-Hardest Part Of The Job Was Completing A Work Task While Manning The Cash Register
-Employees Made It Enjoyable And Different Departments Like Back – more... Room – less
Customer Service
Cashier (Former Employee), DuBois, PADecember 10, 2014
I enjoyed dealing with customers, helping them with their needs, stocking shelves, and handling the fitting room.
Hated it.
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Conroe, TXDecember 10, 2014
Pros: none.
Cons: everything is horrible at ross.
I have so many complaints about this job. It was complete chaos. I worked overtime and never got paid for it as well.
Ross was an eye opening experience
Stock Member (Former Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 10, 2014
Pros: organized business model, wonderful management
Working at Ross has expanded my mind into the retail business.

Working here gave me insights on our customers shopping behavior.
Not much to worry about.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Williamsburg, VADecember 10, 2014
Pros: simple work
Cons: management, low payrate, few hours
A pretty simple job depending on where they have you in the store. I did almost everything except Stockroom. Most of the time I was Customer Service, I rang people up and processed returns. Nothing was too hard about this job in fact it was pretty steady and stress free. However, if you work customer service you're up there by yourself most of the day. – more... You have a backup cashier but they will not come unless you call them. Otherwise, you're on your own which can be a little stressful if you have a lot of work that needs to get done in your downtime. Management at the time I was working there wasn't the greatest. There were a lot of people neglecting their jobs and playing favorites and that made the transition throughout the day pretty bumpy. – less
productive and fun.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Jensen Beach, FLDecember 10, 2014
I learn to do a good customer service. This is where i found my best friend. My co-workers were fun, we had a blast everyday.
Productive and fast paced environment to work in
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Santa Maria, CADecember 9, 2014
Pros: constantly busy
Cons: everyone is part-time if employed by ross stores, inc.
I would come into work on any given day to clock in and go to the front to find which area I was to recover merchandise in. It was alright for the most part, just very repetitive. My favorite part of all was the cashiering because I love interacting with others.
Fast Paced Working enviorment
Fittng Room Associate (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 9, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: short breaks
Fast paced working with customers. Checking clothing for hardtags, all security tags. I learned what to look for in the clothing and how to display the merchandise. All co-workers were easy to get along with.
Fun and exciting.
Store Protection Specialist (Current Employee), Westminster, CODecember 8, 2014
Pros: greeting customers, co-workers, management
Cons: having one sps during busy hours and holidays
The day starts out with scouring the floor to check for hazards or to deter thefts. Than throughout the day I must watch drawer pulls and greet customers. At the end of the night all drawers are pulled and it is required that I observe the managers during the pull and escort them to the back office.

I've learned how to properly approach a customer – more... which is in the progress of stealing or lost from their parents.

Management is fun and friendly, they recognize you for what you do and appreciate all the work you've done.

Co-workers for the most part are just as excited to be at work as I am therefore they help me get through my day by being positive.

The hardest part of the job is trying to prevent theft as the store is medium sized but with only one Protection Specialist managing the whole floor. At times a sensor will go off, than the front door EAS may go off and you will have to attempt to address both situations before a theft is successful.

The most enjoyable part is meeting new faces. Greeting customers make you meet new people and learn how to interact/approach them. – less
fun interesting workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Beaverton, ORDecember 8, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: few benefits
this job is fast paste environment not easy to work on the weekends but somewhat beneficial. you meet people of every race , it is a culturally diverse place , so you learn people skills on the job. management is somewhat nice most of the time. the hardest part of this job is dealing with mean customer, sometimes they are very demeaning but you have – more... to serve happy. – less
NOt a good company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLDecember 7, 2014
The worst company so far that i have ever worked for!!! They are not fair at all.. they over work you for little pay!!
This job sucks
Retail Associate (Former Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 7, 2014
Its too much work there. Not enough pay. they do not work with your hours.
Productivity
Area Supervisor (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXDecember 6, 2014
Not enough time in day to clean store. Got along great with sales associates.
Fun Place to work
Management Trainee Intern (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXDecember 4, 2014
A lot to do, but an enjoyable place to be. I was a trainee manager so you had to do everything yourself, but it was still a great environment to be in. I loved the people I worked with.
I love the people I work with, the envimoment your surrounded in is great !
Cashier/ Supervisor (Current Employee), Federal way, WADecember 4, 2014
Pros: managers are great at there job, we have times were we have ice cream, or chili day !
Cons: dont give much oppurtunity to grow with in the company.
A day working at ross gets very hectic. The lines are never ending. I absolutely love the people I work with we all make a great team! I've learned what it takes to become a great leader. The hardest part of the job is dealing with angry customers, and the most enjoyable part of the job is working with my co workers.
Ok place to work at
Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee), San Pedro, CADecember 3, 2014
Pros: discounts, great cloths
Cons: theft
Customer service, Help customers, Great them, Clean up, organize, Be polite
great place to work for a student
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mount Pleasant, SCDecember 3, 2014
enjoyed the new items created a great customer experience great operated the register using the correct polices and procedures
great friendly environment nice manager and co workers
Stock/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Longview, TXDecember 3, 2014
considering that I love working here ross is really a flexible job and everyone's really nice. It really helped me become a great employee.

About Ross Dress For Less

Our customers love a great deal. That makes our mission simple: to provide exciting bargains, every day, in every store. It takes – Read more

Ross Dress For Less Photos