Ross Dress For Less

Ross Dress For Less Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive workplace
Assistant store manager (Former Employee), Hawthorne, CA,January 19, 2015
Pros: good training programs
Cons: too many hours
Operations/ Merchandising ASM, co-managed a 13.5 million dollar store. Employee management, provided leadership, coaching and process improvement. Implemented structure to ensure high delivery of customer service standards. Ensured compliance with corporate and enforced all policies and procedures.
Fast moving environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Spokane, WAJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: the stock room is the best place to work!
Cons: the customers are terrible.
Many new employees get lost in the shuffle at Ross. One only receives training if the other employees help them, to be honest. If your boss is nice and understanding, most employees enjoy it and do well. I did for awhile, but after not being able to move forward in the company after being trained for a few promotions, I was frustrated. It isn't a forever job, but it's a job.
learned a lot here.
Retail Associate (Former Employee), Burke, VAJanuary 18, 2015
It was a good start.learned alot here.Everyone seems to enjoy it here and has the right balance between fun and productivity.
Fun and busy place to work.
Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee), Visalia, CAJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: busy and your day went by fast
Cons: very tired after shift
Very busy and fun place to work. Holidays were always busy from the start of my shift to the end of it. Co workers were great to work with along with the management. The hardest part of the job was trying to clean and put everything back into place at the end of my shift.
fast working environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Bloomingdale, ILJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: respect for employees
Cons: n/a
i am enjoying each day working there because of the direct customers interaction, and great management.
Good
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALJanuary 15, 2015
It's fun helping others find what they are looking for.Working with the people I was working with brought a fun environment.
Productive and fun work place with a whole table in the break room
Customer Service / Cashier /Inventory Control (Current Employee), Lake Forest, CAJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: nice co workers
Cons: mean co workers
Fast upbeat work place with good management associates and customers. Learned much but only so much can be learned in a retail shop. Overall an alright place to grow and work. At the register helping customers most of the day
Fun
o Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Goodyear, AZJanuary 15, 2015
Fun place, pay sucks though. The employees and management are really nice to their employees. you just have to deal with rude customers
Decent work culture
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: messy store
A typical day consisted of cashiering, and having a specific zone to fix. Management do not really talk to each other so if you need something you have to go to the head boss, or tell them all individually. The most enjoyable is the discounts.
very productive
Store Manager (Former Employee), miami flJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Ten-week internships at either a Ross Dress for Less store or dd’s DISCOUNTS store. Gain leadership skills and insight into what it takes to run a store every day. You could be offered a full-time position as an Assistant Store Manager once you graduate
I love working at Ross for Less
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Spartanburg, SCJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: during the christmas holiday we were allowed to wear jeans
This company is a good company to work for and the energy and fun going .
Busy, great learning experience in every department
Retail/Customer Service (Former Employee), Waldorf, MDJanuary 13, 2015
Young joy-able coworkers, learned to communicate and work well with others as a team. Learned a lot of job skills in this one work department.
Productive, fun workplace with excellent customer service
Store Associate (Current Employee), Alabaster, ALJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: awesome coworkers, and clientele. having safety parties!
Cons: not so great coworkers.
A typical day at Ross is a very busy, productive day. It involves meeting hundreds of different people and helping them with questions about product placement in the store. It also involves recovering the store and keeping our clientele and increasing our clientele.
Overall a good place to work for parttimers
Stockroom Supervisor (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: employee discounts
Cons: down talking to associates by management
The company is good, It all depends on the management. Not enough training upon hiring and to much favoritism with employees. to many rule changes.
Great experience for beginners, productive work environment, and easy going managers
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee), Hemet, CAJanuary 12, 2015
Typical day at Ross is faced paced, especially on the register. I've learned to be good at multitasking. The management there are easy to work with, and make sure that new employees learn quickly and effectively. The managers also work well with schedules. Co-workers are extremely pleasant and are usually always willing to offer a helping hand. The hardest part of the job in my opinion, is dealing with the fact that the theft rate is high and so must be the employee's awareness of their surroundings. The most enjoyable part of working with Ross would have to be the opportunity of learning something new everyday, after all, knowledge is power.
Good working environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 12, 2015
I worked as a cashier, you would help customers, and the assistant manager would give you a section in the store to clean. Management was good, they worked with your schedule. The enjoyable part of the job is they let you be responsible for yourself.
fast paced and busy days.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Los Angeles, Ca.January 12, 2015
Pros: our manager always recognizes our hard work as a team.
Cons: limited hours
I really like Ross because there is always something to do. You are constantly busy, which makes the shifts go by rapidly. A friendly enviroment to work.
okay place to work at
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJanuary 12, 2015
okay place to work at just didn't like that they didn't change me positions
Count/collect money on register.
Cashier (Former Employee), Mooresville, NcJanuary 11, 2015
Run racks from fitting room, interact with customers as they try on clothes and count/collect money on register.
Repetitive workplace
Front end Supervisor (Former Employee), Menifee, CAJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: garunteed breaks
Cons: poor pay, poor hours
Clock in, work, clock out. This was a fairly easy job. I didn't talk to coworkers very often but got along with everyone. Shifts were very quick and usually always busy. Management was always dependable. I enjoyed working the p.o.s. machine above all. I didn't care for the customers who came in, not the best clientele.

About Ross Dress For Less

Our customers love a great deal. That makes our mission simple: to provide exciting bargains, every day, in every store. It takes – Read more

Ross Dress For Less Photos