Ross Dress For Less

Ross Dress For Less Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Never a boring moment
Front End Supervisor / M.O.D (Former Employee), Pacifica, CASeptember 11, 2014
Pros: positive atmosphere
Cons: not enough payroll
I loved being there and keeping busy. My customers would always bring me flowers as a thank you for helping them.
Good Company
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee), Henderson, NVSeptember 11, 2014
I was 18, worked there. Wasn't bad its a wire company. They give you 40 hours. There's not really any advancement opportunity.
Unorganized chaos
Customer Service Care Specialist (Former Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 11, 2014
I was a cashier/ customer service cashier. Then after an 8 hour shift we were still required to clean the store. Which took anywhere from 2-6 hours making me leave at midnight or later and having to be back by 7:30a.m. I was also trying to go to school and they were not very flexible. I missed to many classes and was asked to leave but I had to still – more... pay full tuition. – less
Ross
Customer service (Former Employee), Puyallup, WASeptember 11, 2014
Ross is a job. Nothing to look forward to making a career out of.
busy, productive and fun work place with a great team work.
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee), Falls Church, VASeptember 11, 2014
a typical day at work is so busy, so you get a lot of things to do with a huge amount of customers, you don't get bored at all and you don't feel how time past, there is always work to do, projects to accomplish and customers to help, you learn how to enjoy working in a fast paced job and stressful situations with a great team, how to have fun when – more... you are working and helping customers. the management team was so friendly and that was the best part of the job. – less
Productive and fun place to work
Area Supervisor (Current Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 10, 2014
Stockroom
Jewelry Merchandising
Very good team work
Cashier/ sales (Former Employee), Del Rio, TXSeptember 10, 2014
I learned how to use a cash register and to work under pressure being that throughout the holidays it gets really busy.
Loved working there
Retail Associate (Former Employee), Augusta, GASeptember 10, 2014
I worked in customer service, helping customers when they had situations that could not be dealt with by a regular sales associate
N/A
Sales Floor Associate (Current Employee), Fairfield, CASeptember 10, 2014
It's a lot of work, but if you work well you can get a lot of hours. Very flexible with my school schedule.
Nice place to work.
Retail Associate (Former Employee), Webster, TXSeptember 10, 2014
Usually the day goes pretty fast. I learned that it is good to work in a store that isn't too big. Management and co-workers were friendly. The hardest part of the job was taking the sensors off. The most enjoyable part was the dealing with the customers.
Every Ross Store is managed differently
Software Instructor (Current Employee), Commerce, CASeptember 9, 2014
My store experiences high traffic and is often subject to chaos and disorganization. This greatly affects any hopes of advancement and there is a higher level of stress for such a low paying job. I recommend this job as a temporary or summer job to gain experience or for the first year of college.
hard to advance.
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: the people
Cons: no full-time no advancement
They make it very hard for you to advance in this company most times when there is a higher position up for grabs they hirer from outside of the store first.
Poorly
STOCKER (Former Employee), Harvey, LASeptember 9, 2014
Non professional environment. Employees were rude and unfriendly. Manager was rude.
Fast pace work enivorment
cashier (Former Employee), pueblo coloradoSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: clothing discount
A typical day at Ross involved processing customer transactions, helping with sizing clothing, and also providing customers with a great customer service experience. I learned how to multitask with this company and how to manage my time wisely. My co-workers were quite enjoyable to work with. The hardest part of my job was managing to balance high school – more... with my first job, being able to have enough sleep for school and time to do homework. The most enjoyable part was helping customers pick stylish attire and giving helpful tips about fashion. – less
n/a
Cashier/Front End Supervisor (Former Employee), Bell Gardens, CASeptember 9, 2014
Great place for experience in retail and cashier experience. environment was very friendly.
Productive Environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), College Park, GASeptember 9, 2014
Pros: schedule time
Cons: days off
A typical day is taking inbound calls. I learned to be empathic towards customers. The management varied every couple of days. The hardest part was pleasing customers. The most enjoyable part was relieving a frustrated customer.
bvfs
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CASeptember 9, 2014
Dependable, Punctual, Reliable, Trustworthy, Team Oriented, Hard Worker
N/A
Front End Supervisor/Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Harker Heights, TXSeptember 9, 2014
No information to report on this employer. It was a job I work hard at everyday
enjoy working in customer service
Frontend Supervisor (Current Employee), Bradley, ILSeptember 9, 2014
I love having the opportunity to associate with customers and making there shopping experience a success
Very Fun Store
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Pleasant Hill, CASeptember 8, 2014
Pros: employee discount
Cons: poor management
Typical workday would be clocking in, getting my cart of go-backs and organizing my department.
Management was not around much, the assistant manager was part of my decision for resigning. I absolutely loved the job and felt like i was a really good employee, however he seemed to talk down on me often.
Co-workers were all very friendly!
Hardest part – more... of my job was hearing the assistant manager talk to me the way he did and my lunch was always stolen.
Most enjoyable part of my job was working with all my co-workers! – less

About Ross Dress For Less

Our customers love a great deal. That makes our mission simple: to provide exciting bargains, every day, in every store. It takes – Read more

Ross Dress For Less Photos