Ross Dress For Less
2,378 reviews

Ross Dress For Less Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
it is a great place to work and its fun
Manager on Duty plus (Former Employee), North Miami Beach, FLMarch 29, 2015
Pros: fexible schechued
Cons: pay rate to low for a manager on duty and low hours
I was a magnific experience working with all my manager and co-workers my manager is great to work with a typical day at work I got there at 9:00 clean all the registers wait for the fedex to bring the high security merchandise scan it and process it take return give change give associates there break and meal the hardest pert of my job was dealing with the associates the most enjoyable part of my job was when it was time time for me to leave and I saw my customers so satisty with the service I gave to them
Horrible
General Merchandising (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Costumer Services
Cons: Horrible Management
Worked there starting at fitting room position, then 5 months later switched to stock, and sales floor. Managers were horrible at scheduling and keeping up with the stores policies and blamed the employees for not following the Ross way's when I was never introduced to them, I only learned the shortage highway. Also, when I was almost to my year mark, they shorten my hours to 4 hrs and only worked one day, and never got called in, when I normally was the backup person if someone called off.

NO SUCH THING AS COMMUNICATIONS to the managers and employees, managers would talk bad about employees about customers etc.
wonderful
Cashier & Clerical Assistant (Former Employee), philadelphiaMarch 27, 2015
ross is a wonderful job to start off when your young. you can explor to find diiferent and unique things that you may like for your home , office and etc.
Ross
Store Manager (Former Employee), Tempe, AZMarch 26, 2015
Good place to work if you can handle high expectations with minimal resources. Company programs make managing a Ross pretty straight forward.
No more than 20 hrs a week.
Customer Service, Cashier, Stocking (Former Employee), Marysville, WAMarch 25, 2015
Its a good job if your in school and can't work that long cause unless your a manager you can't work for more than 20 hrs a week and its always messy in their and everything is on the ground or hidden on shelves.
Good work environment but management unwilling to develop employees.
Area Supervisor (Former Employee), Elizabethtown, KYMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Good work atmosphere. Family feel with work force.
Cons: Management unwilling to develop employees for possible advancement.
I worked as a key carrying member of management for two years at Ross and I honestly loved my job but my store manager felt that her staff should be complacent and happy at the job that they had. To this effect any associate that attempted to better themselves and get ahead were put down. This same manager would talk bad about her employees with them in the same room. I also had a district manager threaten to end my career at Ross for declining to move to the other end of the state for a demotion.
Very high paced environment, but relatively stress free and friendly coworkers make it enjoyable
Security Protection Specialist (Current Employee), East MesaMarch 25, 2015
A typical day involves working with management and associates on loss prevention policies and things to look out for. I communicate with customers often and want them to feel welcomed but aware that Loss Prevention is present at the same time. Management is easy going and knowledgeable of the company.

The hardest part of the job is the rare days where a heated customer draws a weapon or makes a threat. The most enjoyable part is working with coworkers and feeling a sense of accomplishment and appreciation at the end of a shift.
great work place
cashier/stock (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 25, 2015
Pros: postion movement and worked with my schdule with my kids
Cons: none
My typical day is giving customers a great shopping experience, easy work enviorment , I enjoyed working with people who does the same.
A great place to learn
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Harvey, LAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: the discounts
Cons: Dealing with rude customer and coworkers
I think retail workers deserve the respect that is not given. Most people are underpaid and they deserve more money then they are paid.
Fun work environment with employees and management
Area Supervisor (Former Employee), Aurora, COMarch 24, 2015
we would enter the building start our paperwork for the day, verify safe and cash deposit. work on projects in our department. Then we would receive the shipment truck. Give breaks and lunches to associates, audit cashiers and finish our paperwork for the day.
Fun, productive, friendly environment
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Atmosphere
Cons: Only located out of Ocala and Gainesville currently
Since Simply Unforgettable Party Shop, is smaller than its competitors it gives you that great at-home feelings. Everyone has a strong bond within the company and is very knowledgeable and flexible.
This was a fun place to work at
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Rancho Cordova, CaMarch 24, 2015
I experienced a lot of diversity at Ross. I loved working here, I enjoyed the people and the skills they taught me. This is where I realized that I was a people person and I was meant to help people.
Very challenging; lots of opportunity
Store Manager (Current Employee), undisclosedMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Discount, good work life balance for retail.
Cons: Not enough time for formal develoment of the team.
Extremely limited payroll which is why Ross is so profitable.

Everything is process driven down to the details.

Very agile for a large company.

Unfortunately, being so productive gives little time for formal training and development.
love the job the work and the job culture
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Olathe, KSMarch 24, 2015
Pros: good incentive program
Cons: wierd registers
loved the job, it was a lot of fun love the company and the discount and my mom worked there to which made working there even better
great jod
CASHIER (Former Employee), Reading, PAMarch 23, 2015
love my coworkers and bosses love my customers, keep my area clean help any team member that need help, try maintain other near areas clean if need it.
It was fine
Stocker (Current Employee), Orland Park, ILMarch 23, 2015
Came in early in the morning, management was consistent with directions. Co-workers were generally nice. Hours depended upon how big the truck was.
Productive Workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Decatur GaMarch 23, 2015
Pros: great managment
Cons: shorts breaks, no hours
Over all this was a very enjoyable work place. Everyone on the team was very hardworking and also nice. Everyone was respectful. The hardest part about working here is you don't get any hours.
A lot of room for advancement
Area Supervisor (Current Employee), La Jolla, CAMarch 22, 2015
Pros: advancement
Cons: personal life and work balance
Great company to work for. You will learn excellent skills to further your career. Ross has opened many doors for me. I am very happy to work for such a great company
VERY FLEXBILE HOURS AND FRIENDLY "TEAM ORIENTED" WORK ENVIORNMENT
Front End Supervisor / Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), The Woodlands, TXMarch 22, 2015
VERY FLEXBILE HOURS AND FRIENDLY "TEAM ORIENTED" WORK ENVIORNMENTVERY FLEXBILE HOURS AND FRIENDLY "TEAM ORIENTED" WORK ENVIORNMENTVERY FLEXBILE HOURS AND FRIENDLY "TEAM ORIENTED" WORK ENVIORNMENTVERY FLEXBILE HOURS AND FRIENDLY "TEAM ORIENTED" WORK ENVIORNMENT
Very fast-paced environment where there is always work to be done
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Upper Marlboro, MDMarch 21, 2015
Ross is a constant growing business with many opportunities for advancement.I enjoy meeting all kinds of new people as well as the work.The merchandise is great.The hardest part of the job is the lack of help but that is in any retail environment.My manager, Wanda, is amazing.She is very hard working and dedicated to the job.She is also a great teacher

1 2 3 4 5

About Ross Dress For Less

Our customers love a great deal. That makes our mission simple: to provide exciting bargains, every day, in every store. It takes – Read more

Ross Dress For Less Photos