Ross Dress For Less
2,538 reviews

Ross Dress For Less Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun place to work at, great company
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee), Slidell, LAMay 24, 2015
Fast paced, check customer out, answers any questions a customer may have. Answer the telephone, do layaways and returns. I learned how to talk to customers in a respecful way, always putting them first. I learned how to be a responsible worker and to be dedicated and have good attendance. My bosses and the management were great to work with and I felt they treated us all equally. The hardest part was trying to be in three places at one time. The most enjoyable part was pleasing the customers and working with great people.
A very productive work.
Sales Associate, Cashier (Current Employee), Wentzville, MOMay 23, 2015
Pros: discounts
Ross is a very productive workplace, the job itself is not hard. Nothing about the job is enjoyable. its an alright company for anyone who needs a job.
Average retail experience
Retail Associate (Former Employee), State College, PAMay 23, 2015
It's exactly what you would expect. Shoddy wages but the best part about the job is your coworkers. Managers are typical managers - they need to fill the scheduling gaps and will do what they can depending on how hard you work and how often you're late. Flexible with school because it's a college town. Dress code is kind of tacky but it's doable. Team building is kind of a joke within the company.
Very productive place to for work for
Assistant Manager Internship (Current Employee), Lawrenceville, GAMay 23, 2015
Pros: Largest Off apparel chains in the US
Cons: Compensation.
It is the largest off apparel chain the US. It has a tremendous amount of growth and it is growing at an unprecedent rate compared to its competitors.
not a great job
Stockroom Associate (Former Employee), East Wenatchee, WAMay 22, 2015
Pros: employee discounts
Cons: weekends chaos!!!
I came to work, everything was unorganized and employees bickering all day long. the pay sucked too! management was the only good thing in that job.
Great benefits
Full Time Sales Associate (Former Employee), Greenwood, SCMay 22, 2015
Ross was a great place to work. The customers were amazing and some co-workers were great but the company was expanding too quickly and did not properly train management. The policy and procedures worked well for the company as did the product. The pay was decent. However lack of management experience caused the employees to be less dedicated or disciplined.
work
STOCK Associate (Former Employee), long beachMay 22, 2015
stock tag clip click run
merchandise
repeat
most enjoyable part of work was leaving
hardest part was probably
clocking in at 5am
Extremely fast paced enviroment
Retail Associate (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 22, 2015
Pros: Discount
Cons: Management, No possibility of moving up, Staying after you are scheduled constantly. No set breaks.
The sales floor teams were limited and you would have to perform other people's duties constantly. The way things would work was never organized properly. People would constantly call in. There was never enough hours for the store. Transfers took multiple weeks to be completed.
Very hard work
Stockroom Supervisor (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAMay 22, 2015
This was one of the hardest jobs I have ever had. I really enjoyed the work. I saw new items on a daily basis. I was in charge of 8 employees and I tried to make their job fun. I always kept a positive attitude and an open mind.
Horrible
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee), Montebello, CAMay 22, 2015
Verbally abusive managers who like to micromanage every breath the employees take. The District Managers are just as bad, if not worse.
Busy retail environment
Area Supervisor (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLMay 21, 2015
Pros: Great training
Cons: Short staffed
- 40 hr week
- Great environment
- Time management, payroll management, developing effective teams
- My team is great and very productive
- Managing payroll is the hardest
- My Team!!!
Job Securtiy
Customer Service Cashier (Current Employee), Miami, FLMay 21, 2015
Pros: Flexibility with schedule
Cons: Not enough hours, and the pay per hour
Ross is a very great place to work. The culture and the atmosphere of helping people shop for less makes me happy!

I learned great customer service and patience. Ross is a fast pace enviroment at times and the goal is to always make the customer happy.

They have reward systems that encourage and show appreciation for the great work that an employee has done.

Its a family at Ross!
not for me
Retail Associate (Current Employee), Auburn, CAMay 21, 2015
Pros: always something to do
Cons: pay
not a good long term fit for me maybe a good fit for others it fulfilled exactly what it need to fulfill being a middle manager at a fortune 500 company is for the birds.. little to no training.. finding out after the fact is no way to run a business everything is on the fly ..typical ??
Tough place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLMay 20, 2015
Pros: I loved the people worked with
Cons: Store manager spends all her time in the office.No support or guidance when needed.
We can't go home until the store is 100% recovered. Sometimes we don't leave until after midnight-1am.Good hard working associates. Job security goes out the window, never sure if and when you'll be fired.
it was ok
Electric Pallet Jack Operator (Former Employee), Moreno Valley, CAMay 20, 2015
Pros: some holiday lunches
Cons: short breaks
some days would get slow and they would send you home halfway thru the day which suck some days.but other days it would be okay some supervisors are cool some are not
Fast paced management
Store Manager (Current Employee), MarylandMay 20, 2015
Day consists of forecasting sales and payroll on a hourly basis. Receiving freight on a daily basis and pushing all merchandise on the sales floor by the close of business each day. Executing markdown file on a weekly basis. Creating a fun environment for associates to work in.
Unorganized work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Stafford, TXMay 19, 2015
Unorganized management and authority; the work place was flooding at time due to rain seeping into the stockroom. No one worked in the the evening for stock room.
It's ok
Store Manager (Current Employee), NVMay 18, 2015
The job is good but you find yourself doing everything an associate has to do on top of your duties because you have no payroll to have them work.
Very fun workplace, yet very productive.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Pedro, CAMay 18, 2015
Pros: Diverse environment, semi-annual workplace events
Cons: Self-entitled sense of seniority
For the most part, a typical day at work for me would consist of
Cashiering, department assignments, attending to the dressing room, and placing merchandise in its designated area. From this job experience, which also happened to be my very first place of employment, I learned many, very beneficial things that will stay with me at every job to come. I learned pretty much all one really can learn when pertaining to retail stores, employees, and their duties; The process of ordering, receiving, preparation, display, and sales. My managers were very professional, yet there was always that sense of comfort in being able to just go to one of them for anything with ease. Co-workers were also very focused and kind, and for the most part everyone seemed to get along very well, and also work together very well. For me, the hardest part of the job would have been around the holidays. While I am now very experienced, and can adapt to any fast paced speed, and high volume of customers, this was very stressful for me only because I was new, and just didn't want to mess anything up. The most enjoyable part of the job, was having an overall store goal, and having all the employees vehemently working together as a team to reach it.
Fast Paced Retail
Mobile Store Protection Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 17, 2015
Pros: Great opportunities
Cons: High turnover
A typical day at Ross is fast paced and full of challenges. There is no typical day, but that is whats makes the job interesting. The culture there is focused on teamwork and developing associates to the next level. One of the most rewarding moments is seeing your team grow. The hardest part of the job is transferring to impact the company further. I really liked the diversity of people I came across and trained with. I learned a lot from several store managers and district managers that mentored me.

1 2 3 4 5

About Ross Dress For Less

Our customers love a great deal. That makes our mission simple: to provide exciting bargains, every day, in every store. It takes – Read more

Ross Dress For Less Photos