Ross Dress For Less

Ross Dress For Less Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Boring
sales associate (Former Employee), Aurora, CONovember 24, 2014
Pros: had a job to by presents for chrismas
Cons: after season was over spent 2/3 of my paychecks just to get to work
was to repetative and when it came to doing our jobs managment just had us get it done quick and not properly. "just make it look good don't worry about doing right" was something i was constintly told.
fun work place productive work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Henderson, NVNovember 23, 2014
Love love loved working for this compant, This is where it all started where, I basically learned how to be a front end supervisor to opening and closing store, to becoming stock lead, it was always a fast paced job but also kept it steady the managment and co-workers were the best always kept up with all their task as well.
ok job
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Tamuning, GUNovember 23, 2014
Pros: discount
Cons: hours, expectations
Over worked and under pay. Lazy management
good as a starter job
An enjoyable place to work
Loss Provention / Sales Representative (Former Employee), Wichita Falls, TXNovember 22, 2014
A fast paced work place, with very busy holidays and friendly employees
productive and fun to work for
Stocker/Customer Service (Current Employee), Puyallup, WANovember 22, 2014
Pros: occasional free lunch or breakfast, multitask and customer svc skills are continually being developed
Cons: difficult to get full time position
great place to work, good people to work with and for. learned further multitask and customer service skills. fast paced but productive and organized envirenment
Exellent managment and fair duties
Sales associate, customer service (Current Employee), Vancouver, WANovember 21, 2014
Fast-paced environment, dealing with different types of customers, quick and efficient problem solving, high-level customer-service, goal-oriented register working, friendly, helpful and collaborative team.
management
Area Manager (Former Employee), compton CANovember 21, 2014
Pros: team work, discount
Cons: hours, management
there is alot of expectations for too little.but overall i did enjoy working there until new higher personal came in
Busy, room for advancement, and great discount
Front End Supervisor, Cashier (Former Employee), Santa Rosa, CANovember 20, 2014
Pros: great discount, location, and to local shops
Cons: discounted healthcare, working black friday, and numerous( main) superviors
I started as a cashier when I started working there. Under new management, and within a few months I became a Front End Supervisor. And once I became a supervisor, I was disrespected. Most of the supervisors I knew would leave me in charge to do their job while they dealt with office tasks. While working there, the company went through several managers – more... and district managers in several months. It was hard to keep track of everyone's names. – less
Nice company to work for as a 2nd job
Retail Associate (Current Employee), Downers Grove, ILNovember 20, 2014
Pros: flexible
Cons: salary
Ross is a pleasant company to work for, they respect the employees needs, and recognize talents.
Temporary
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Vista, CANovember 19, 2014
I worked at Ross during a transition time in my life, knowing it would be a temporary job. I was surprised how associate centered the company was. It was always a great environment to be a part of however, it is retail so that says enough.
Easy and great for college student.
Sales associate/Costumer Service (Current Employee), Atlanta, GaNovember 17, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: not many advancement positions
Ross is great place to work if you are a college student. They can be flexible on availability change. They recognize hard work and great employees. It's just another retail job really. The only advancement are manger positions. On top of that they still aren't that great. Great place to work, but not for a short time.
Exciting and fast paced work enviorment!
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee), Dallas, TxNovember 17, 2014
Pros: double discount day
Cons: unpredictable schedule
One of the best parts of working in Retail are the customers! Every day is someone new and something new to learn. Being up front means that you are the face of the company. My day starts with reading the closing teams notes and remarks. My tasks depend on what shift I am working that day.
Socially Servicing Others
ROSS Coordinator (Current Employee), East Saint Louis, ILNovember 16, 2014
What I enjoy most about training and education is the opportunity to share something new with another person. This two elements transform a job into a passion.
Productive, and fast paced environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), High Point, NCNovember 16, 2014
Pros: management, long hours
Cons: low pay, slow advancement
I love my job here at Ross for the most part,
It has great management, and coworkers, I'm very flexible with them and they love me for that. But, I am only part-time and is in need of a full-time position in order to move up in life, of which Ross isn't currently offering right now. However, I would say this is a good part-time, minimum wage job and – more... is good for those who's just starting to work! – less
Very Productive Team
Step Lead/ Manager on Duty (Current Employee), Placerville, CANovember 15, 2014
Pros: employee discount
Cons: managment issues
I learned product placement, How to deal with disgruntled employees and what it's like to be under serious pressure.
Fun work environment
Cash Office\Cashier (Current Employee), Oldsmar, FLNovember 14, 2014
On a regular day I go into work before the store opens to do my cash office duties. After that I speak with my manager to get assigned a job for the rest of the day such as cashier or ticketing clothes. All of my co-workers are great and fun to work with.
unorganized
Sales Associate (Temporary) (Former Employee), Pasadena, CANovember 14, 2014
Pros: customer/employee interactions
Cons: untimely breaks, poor management
Working at Ross was personally rewarding. I enjoyed the customers and the overall job was easy for me and I caught on quickly. Co-workers were helpful. They helped me more than management/supervisors did. I understand that some tasks are self explanatory but they didn't train well what so ever, and when they do their so called minute reviews they mark – more... you off on things you were not trained on. The store was poorly staffed and remained junky through out the day. Lines were ridiculously long and they want to blame the two cashiers for not moving fast enough. – less
Good Company
Supervisor (Former Employee), floridaNovember 14, 2014
This company is not bad they have good benefits, i learn a lot here my supervisors show me how to be a great supervisor
Wonderful place to work and good learning experience.
Dispatcher (Former Employee), Beavercreek, OHNovember 14, 2014
Pros: working with all the waste collection men was very comfortable and easy.
Cons: was quite the drive from my home.
I was placed in the company as a Dispatcher, which I had never done before but with the training I received, I truly enjoyed this position.
Productive work enviroment with friendly co-workers
Store Protection Specialist (Current Employee), Westminster, CANovember 13, 2014
Pros: opportunities for advancement, friendly co-workers
Cons: healthcare for fulltime associates only, business hours (open late)
Ross was a great learning experience. Everyone works hard to achieve the company goals. Management is always willing to help the associates to pursue career opportunities within the company. Over the years that I have worked for Ross, I've learned to develop a better team by having a consistent communication between the associates and management. I've – more... learned to deter theft and fraud by providing excellent customer service. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Ross Dress For Less

Our customers love a great deal. That makes our mission simple: to provide exciting bargains, every day, in every store. It takes – Read more

Ross Dress For Less Photos