Ross Dress For Less

Ross Dress For Less Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and Busy
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 11, 2016
Pros: Co-Workers are great
Cons: Low Salary, Few Hours, No Health Benefits
The best part of working at Ross is getting to interact with many people. The bad part is the few hours they give you, or during the Holiday Season they overwork you but they don't compensate you for it.
Fun.
Retail Associate (Current Employee), Goodyear, AZFebruary 11, 2016
Boss was awesome. Very flexible and understanding, as well as patient. Job is confusing if you've never dealt with insurance or billing, but gets easier as time goes on.
Best job
Sales associate (Former Employee), Lake Worth, FLFebruary 11, 2016
With the best management and teams . Everything that appear difficult at the job became very easy for us . No complaints about Ross
Kill yourself working and never get anywhere
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee), Campbell, CAFebruary 10, 2016
Pros: Most of the people who work here are nice and hardworking people
Cons: The managers don't know the first thing about running a store or what they have to do
Worked for ross for almost a year coming in on time for work and when called to cover shifts. During my time there i went through 3 store managers which never completed my work papers (which i did not know about and was never informed),but i still worked there for over a year and when finally told about the problem, i did everything they told me to fix my papers and was still fired. Never working here again
A very fast-paced job.
Sales Associate/Front End Supervisor (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 10, 2016
Pros: Events, donating, Tuesday club discounts.
Cons: shorts breaks, horrible hours less than 20.
Working there was always busy which i loved. I also loved doing returns and customer service. It was very unprofessional there with drama but other than that alright.
it wasnt tooo bad
FL Store protection specialist (Current Employee), FloridaFebruary 9, 2016
i enjoyed working here, however the store was in an awful neighborhood that was very rude and disrespectful people. The other associates with pleasant to work with, but the management was very poor with respect to employee under staffing.
great displayer
Stock lead (Former Employee), santa fe nmFebruary 9, 2016
Pros: great job
Cons: no compalins
I was in charge of unloading the truck , putting it out on display to be sold . done with my job and had everything out on time. was always on time with a positive attitude . was able to help customers with and questions or concerns .
Most of the staff was GREAT!
Unloader/Stocker (Former Employee), Hiram, GAFebruary 8, 2016
Pros: Good Hours
Cons: Wages
A Typical day at work, I would go in at 9am, and Clock in and head to the stock room to unload, and unbox Merchandise.

Management was fairly good at first, and then Seemed to have favorites.

Most of My co-workers were great and Great workers, and helped me learn everything I needed to do.

The hardest part of my job, was always doing the same thing and not getting trained to do anything else, or any other department.

The most Enjoyable was having great co-workers who helped get each other threw the day!
Fun and friendly place to work.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Dickson, TNFebruary 8, 2016
Pros: great opportunities
Cons: hours
Ross is a fun and friendly, place to work and shop.
The management and staff are all very friendly and very respectful.
Ross is a very up-moving company, there is always opportunities to move up and make more money. The hours arent always great but it is an overall great place to work.
the hours
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Gilroy, CAFebruary 5, 2016
they don't give you hours. if you can work nights and weekends they'll love you other then that they will jip you on hours. they sounds promising but they aren't
Horrible
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee), Elk Grove, CAFebruary 4, 2016
Horrible pay, horrible company policies, horrible management. Customers yell at you on a regular basis for calling the next customer and for the store being a mess, and management doesn't allow you to say it's policy or that we're understaffed. We're supposed to take the complaints while they blame us.
Great Store
Retail Assistant (Former Employee), Inglewood, CAFebruary 4, 2016
Pros: Great Discount for workers
Cons: Not Enough Hours
Soon as I get to work I would start to clean up the store; pick clothes up off the floor, hang them on hangers and fold them neatly. Me work here show me how to work them customers to help them find what best fit them. The hardest part was trying to finish cleaning up before it was time to go home. The best part was the discount they gave up for working there. 40% off was great.
bad management
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXFebruary 4, 2016
Pros: none
Cons: not enough pay
Rude employees. the management spoke to us as children.
racist, overworked for the minimal pay received. did not have a good experience working here.
ok place to work but need more hours
Stocker (Former Employee), Valrico, FLFebruary 4, 2016
Pros: vending machines and once a month party for no accidents
just about everyday was good but when it came to getting paid it was horrible and i didn't get the hours i asked for or wanted. my coworkers were pretty cool and we all got along. the job wasn't hard but you have to know what keys to press when working the cashier; so if you're not ready let them know. some managers were cool and others were just plain rude and let their frustration affect their work.
Entertaining place to work if you just want a check
Retail Associate (Current Employee), Alabaster, ALFebruary 4, 2016
Pros: Discount on merchandise and double-discount days
Cons: Poor management and few hours scheduled when part-time
I enjoy working at Ross, majority of the time. The main reason I enjoy it is credited to my co-workers. The reason why I do not enjoy it is the lazy store manager. I feel that her could be a lot more involved in what actually goes on in the store. He spends majority of his time back in the office, and does not give his struggling employees a helping hand. We basically have to fend for ourselves.
good
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), El Paso, TXFebruary 4, 2016
busy making sure the store is presentable is one of the goals of the company and that is a vital key, because if the store is a mess who will want to shop there but if it clean, neat and presentable people will shop and that make for a good work environment.
Cashier (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 3, 2016
Great place to work,I have learned how to handling money!
the management is very cool,nothing enjoyable at this job you cant improve your life with that job
Productive workplace
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 3, 2016
Great opportunities to learn and gain knowledge about retail merchandising and business management. The work environment depends on management and team work.
Supervisors that care...
Area Supervisor (Former Employee), Orange Park, FLFebruary 3, 2016
Pros: promotions are achievable
Ross loves to promote from within. In order to do that the supervisors try to learn about you (at least on a professional level) and are constantly looking for the next front end supervisor or the next stock lead.
Easy and fun work place
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee), Rosenberg, TXFebruary 3, 2016
Pros: employee discounts
Cons: customers holiday shopping
I really liked working at Ross because I learned how to do management and price changes. My co workers at this job were really fun to work with and made my day go by faster.
Industry