Ross Dress For Less

Ross Dress For Less Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun Work Place
Loss Prevention & Area Supervisor (Former Employee), Los AngelesJuly 6, 2015
Pros: benefits job security
Cons: short breaks
Fun work place nice calm work environment good people to work with sizing clothes shoes making sure that everything is clan to company standers nothing to hard just make sure no overtime and make your numbers for the day
challenging yet rewarding experience.
Cashier (Former Employee), Turlock, CAJuly 4, 2015
Pros: Very positive and professional work ethics .
Cons: seasonal, temporary employee
All staff and managers were friendly and professional. store atmosphere very productive and rewarding. Enjoyed staff and trainig very thorough and friendly staff.
progressing business
Store Manager (Former Employee), Tamarac, FLJuly 4, 2015
This was a time when most companies were thinking of creative ways to reduce benefit expenses in order to gain more profits for the share holder and to use computer statistics, investments to there advantage. The Idea was to take this computer model based on the number of staff needed for each location every hour, day and week, and reduce payroll to meet the labor and customer count/receipts. a Lot of people lost their jobs and benefits.
Ross Employment
Sales associate - Stock team (Former Employee), VisaliaJuly 3, 2015
Pros: A JOB, Great Co Workers, Great Company
Cons: None
Working for Ross Stores was an overall great experience. The true meaning behind the company s truly inspirational. Working there was hard work. Every morning we would unload freight, then process everything all in one days work. The managers pushed us and motivated us greatly as well as the co workers. The most difficult part of this job was my height although I always got my tasks done. This job made me enjoy being a part of a team and leaning to be a part of a successful company.
Managment Was Terriable
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Russellville, ARJuly 2, 2015
My experience working here was not a good one at all. There was to much drama, gossip, they didn't work with my hours, never paid me my travel pay for traveling over 1000 miles in a week, Didn't get proper training, management did not have a professional appearance, they also fired military members while on deployment.
nice place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Van Nuys, CAJuly 2, 2015
typical day at work get there punch in and start to tag & price merchandise put sensors (alarms ) on merchandice overall ross is a nice work place
production and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Alabaster, ALJuly 2, 2015
A typical day at Ross is very upbeat and fast paced. Ive learned to multitask and better utilize the resources around me to attribute to great customer service and involvement.
FUN
Retail Cashier (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 2, 2015
created customer accounts changed customer installation date expited customer requests directed customer to correct department took inbound made outbound calls
Great Retail Experience
Jewelry Specialist (Former Employee), Downey, CAJuly 1, 2015
I enjoyed working as a jewelry specialist because I was given great responsibility. I learned how retail works and how to operate a cash register system. I learned how to showcase expensive items and how to promote jewelry decisions through sales activities.
I loved working there
Area Supervisor (Former Employee), Hayward, CAJuly 1, 2015
• Worked at Ross Dress for less as a cashier. After excelling as a cashier I was moved to a front end supervisor. Then moved up again to becoming an area supervisor in a new store.
Friendliest Management team I've ever met.
Trainer (Current Employee), Shafter, CAJune 30, 2015
At the Ross distribution center, they have the friendliest Management team I've had the pleasure of working with. HR takes care of it's employees and the incentive program seems to be all the motivation people need to work harder. The hardest part of the day would have to be trying to find work to do seeing as how the warehouse is barely starting to gain speed.
Awesome people
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee), Rock Springs, WYJune 30, 2015
Pros: employees and discounts
Cons: store manager and scheduling
The store manager isn't cut out to be there for my honest opinion she cant make a set schedule. My schedule is always changing and we are losing employees left and right due to her not wanting to work with anyone. She relies on 5 people mainly to pickup and cover the employees that quit shifts. It is a good work environment and learning experience
Very nice place to work
Retail Associate (Current Employee), Apopka, FLJune 30, 2015
Ross Dress for less Inc., is a very nice place to work. The management team were always helpful to the team members. I loved the discounts that the team members received
Nice job but very little hours
sales assosiate (Former Employee), Redding, CAJune 30, 2015
Pros: management, coworkers, fast paced
Cons: hours
I loved my management and my coworkers but the hours were terrible, some weeks I would only get 4 to 8 hours. All together a nice job but not a job to live off of.
Okay Place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Pasadena CAJune 29, 2015
A lot of work , Not very much advancement . A lot of cleaning and staying after your scheduled work hours. Staff is super nice.
A great place with great people, good atmosphere, and opportunities for advancement!
Store Protection Specialist (Current Employee), Stone Mountain, GAJune 29, 2015
The great thing about Ross is you will have numerous opportunities for advancement. If you display the right mindset and work ethic, you could be promoted into managerial roles no less than a year.
co-worker
Area Supervisor (Former Employee), Grand Junction, COJune 29, 2015
Pros: employee discount, great benefits
Cons: having to work weekends
My Co-workers were great as without them we would not have become the great team that we became. Management was good with the typical red tape from corporate. I learned a lot from my time with Ross and value it all.
Fast pace work place.
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 29, 2015
Ross is a great starting company to work for. With hard work moving up in the company is attainable. Management and co workers are all very friendly and efficient. Ross is all about efficiency, Almost every task that you will do will be timed. A typical day at work for A FES (Front end supervisor) would consist of Setting up registers for cashiers, Answering phone calls, Making store announcements, Costumer service. Basically just keeping the front end of the store intact. The hardest part of the job honestly is trying to prevent theft. The more theft in the store the less payroll and without payroll there are no hours. The most enjoyable part of my job most definitely seeing how we all work together like a well oiled machine.
Retail sales associarte (Current Employee), orlando, flJune 26, 2015
Pros: monthly parties
Cons: overworked, small pay
Very productive day. Always busy. Management is okay. Small pay for a lot of work. Most people are nice. Flexible with schedule.
A job, yes. a career? NO
retail associate (Current Employee), Glendale, ArizonsJune 26, 2015
Pros: requested days off and discounts
Cons: just about everything else
This is the reason why I'm going to be extra careful before I accept a job offer.
Very low pay. So low Im better off making a living by selling stuff on amazon. The store is Messy and unorganized, seems like a tornado passes by everyday. Ridiculous rules. Costumers are rude, weird, and/or annoying. They think just because they don't work at the company they can just treat us or the merchandise any kind of way. No respect for your time. Constant pickiness and micromanaging. Time moves by slow. You obviohsly just stand and wait for time to pass .Management approves days off but will call you and ask if you can come in obviously not keeping in mind why you needed that day off in the first place.. Some managers show favoritism. One of my managers during closing will literally ask everyone but me if they need a ride home and countless times she will drive past me not even asking if I'm okay or anything. I don't need her help but this one is known to be outspoken and condescending, everyone just accepts it and I don't. The pay definitely is not worth what you go through with this company. I can say so much more but I will end up typing a memoir of how this company is awful. I honestly regret applying to this job.

1 2 3 4 5

About Ross Dress For Less

Our customers love a great deal. That makes our mission simple: to provide exciting bargains, every day, in every store. It takes – Read more

Ross Dress For Less Photos