Ross Dress For Less
2,439 reviews

Ross Dress For Less Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fun place to be working at.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Estero, FLApril 17, 2015
I have have the best time working at work in my life. even though it could be very stressful sometimes but i managed to do do the best i can to keep it positive everyday.
fun work place
retail (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 17, 2015
Pros: meet new people
Cons: stand on feet
loved working there it was fun and a great experience, got to meet new people . got to interact with people alot. and overall just had a blast.
Great company
Cashier (Former Employee), Taylorsville, UTApril 17, 2015
First job, co workers were great , management was great. I would definitely work for Ross again, I loved the company, offer great benefits
Decent
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Current Employee), Alcoa, TNApril 17, 2015
Pros: Frequent breaks
It's a nice and friendly place to work, but I would prefer a different job in my selected career path. I would like to move on in the world instead of just being content with where I am.
Fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee), North Bend, ORApril 16, 2015
There is nothing more than fun and enjoyable than working there. A typical day at work consists of checking out customers, keeping the store clean and making sure everything gets put back on where it goes. The managers are amazing and very understanding.
Enjoyed coaching/training associates
Area Supervisor (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 16, 2015
Pros: Fun customers
Cons: No organization
Open/close store while ensuring that I did my job in a fun environment. I learned how to be an effective manager while training/coaching all associates. The hardest part of the job was there was no organization and limited communication. I enjoyed my associates.
Ross dress for less
Cashier (Former Employee), Stone Mountain, GAApril 16, 2015
Pros: discount on merchandise
Cons: Not enough hours
Typical day at work would be checking out the customers in a decent time and by giving them good customer service skills. I learned a lot since this was my first time working in clothing retail which was the size of the clothes, size of the shoes, and how the flow of the store went. The management was very good. The co workers were pretty good. The most enjoyable part of the store was being around the customers.
fast paced working eviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), orlando floridaApril 16, 2015
Pros: discount on merchandise
Cons: manager was biased on race and gender
Ross was a family oriented store with credibility. i enjoyed working there for these reasons. fast paced environment friendly employees. i was a cashier, sales floor representative, fitting room representative, assisted in stock room and helped customers to the best of m ability.
ross
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Santa Barbara, CAApril 16, 2015
ross is a great place to work if you are in college and just need some extra money. They work around your schedule and really promote team work.
productive fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lewisville, TXApril 16, 2015
My experience working at ross was very nice and fun , seeing and meeting new people day and helping assisting customer with anything. the most part I loved about working at ross was knowing the customer left feeling good.
Great training, friendly associates,
Stock Associate (Former Employee), Decatur, ALApril 15, 2015
Pros: co workers
Cons: Stockroom Lead (April)
open and put away stock. every day. great people to be around. unfortunately it gets old fast with the stock lead that is currently there. everyone else is wonderful. most enjoyment you will get is becoming part of the family and learn new positions. worst part is the stock lead. definitely the stock lead. she needs to be replaced with the way she talks to the associates. I felt underappreciated. management was good though, they were almost family as well but keeping good professionalism.
fun workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILApril 15, 2015
Pros: free 15 min breaks
Cons: short lunches
a typical day at work was clocking in processing apparel or being in charge of the fitting room. I learned how to have patience and my managers were very nice and helpful when it came to training me. my co-workers were the best also very nice and welcoming. one of the hardest part of the job was recovering the store at the end of the night and the most enjoyable part was the customers leaving happy.
n/a
Area Supervisor/ Manager on Duty (Former Employee), Olive Branch, MSApril 15, 2015
Pros: healthcare, rotating holidays off, vacation days
Cons: poor communication at every level, always extended hours/min time with family
a typcial day at work was very busy especially on weekends and as a manager. I have learned to communicate a little better. But all managers at the store and district managers do not communicate well at all.
fast paced high energy job
Associate (Current Employee), Stafford, TXApril 15, 2015
a typical day at work would include greeting customers in a friendly manner. work the cashier if needed or scheduled to. plenty of team work. staying extra hours just to help out if someone else doesn't come in for their scheduled time.
customer service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), FLApril 15, 2015
Pros: 30 minute lunch 15 minute breaks
Cons: n/a
customer service taking care of the fitting room and being the cashier on the front end. I also made sure to have a impact on my customers and to keep them happy and smiling.
No culture
Stock Associate (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 14, 2015
Pros: walk around
Cons: not enough hours
A typical day consist of running around and fixing the shelves. Not many hours very rare to work full time. Organizing merchandise was very unorganized. Workers would trow merchandise around in the back and the manager would not say a word.
productive
Sales Associate - Front End Supervisor (Current Employee), Montgomery, ALApril 14, 2015
Sales associate
manage4rs shows favortms sometimes
easy job
flexiable hours
not enough hours
good
Cashier/Floor Organizer (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 14, 2015
Pros: loved the place
Cons: having to pic up clothes off the ground
This is a good place to start off if you have a first job or no experience, loved checking people out at the register, loved to clean and maintain store.
Demanding work environment aids as a great place to improve customer service skills with supportive management.
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee), Rancho Cucamonga, CAApril 13, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule
Cons: Minimum wage, yearly raises are disappointing
This job can be demanding and stressful, however, it taught me to be patient, resilient, and confident in upholding the company's policies. Management was always supportive and helpful when needed. Most of my coworkers were obedient and pleasant, although having been in a supervisory role, sometimes it proved difficult to manage so many people while focusing on customers at the same time. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting compliments from customers who were satisfied with our services. It is always nice to know that our hard work pays off.
STEP Team
Sales Associate/STEP Team (Former Employee), Cicero, ILApril 13, 2015
I learned how to hard tag the apparel. Put merchandise on the floor. Fitting room, help customers. Also, be cashier. Sort out accessories.

1 2 3 4 5

About Ross Dress For Less

Our customers love a great deal. That makes our mission simple: to provide exciting bargains, every day, in every store. It takes – Read more

Ross Dress For Less Photos