Ross Dress For Less
2,228 reviews

Ross Dress For Less Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Regular retail work place.
Store Protection Specialist (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: they would buy food for us once a month and thats if you were accident free for 30+ days
Cons: short breaks, compensation.
A typical day at Ross Dress for Less went a little something like this. I would walk in, clock in, do my first perimeter check of the store, check base decks as I'm doing my walk, walk into the stock room make sure my associates are not stashing any merchandise that they could potentially steal or buy since the customer are suppose to have first selection of everything. The hardest part was the management team, each of them wanted something different from you or for you to do, it was hard to try and keep everyone happy. The most enjoyable part was when we had potlucks, everyone seems to enjoy food and that brought a lot of people together.
n/a
Store Manager (Current Employee), durham ncJanuary 28, 2015
Ross is a fortune 500 company that is continually growing and changing. being California based they follow rules that are beyond the federal government's requirements. They offer benefits to domestic partners which I feel is wonderful and they attempt to maintain a life balance, but they sometimes push to hard
It's what you make of it.
Area Supervisor (Current Employee), Marietta, GAJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: scheduling
Working for Ross has been wonderful. The Leaders in the building work hand in hand to make sure that our customers and associates enjoy coming in the building. We love making our store a GREAT place to shop so that our customers are able to find our treasure's and we provide TRUE customer experience.
Fun work place with great staff
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 27, 2015
Was given this opportunity to gain work experience and learned a lot about working as a group to make everything come together.
Great environment to work in, positive management team
Retail associate (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: great employees work at ross, very friendly place, flexible work schedules
Cons: raises are really low, not enough discipline for bad employees, management needs a little tending too.
5 years-Retail associate
2 years-Stock position leader/supervisor
Job skills: merchandising, scanning/receiving truck, leading team of about 10 associates, customer service, organizing product fixtures
Currently working
Cashier Front Supervisor
Cashier Front Supervisor (Former Employee), Sparks, NVJanuary 25, 2015
I was the front supervisor and cashier. I learned how to handle a cashier, returns, tag clothes and merchandise, organize store sections by color, idem, size and price. I got along great with my co-workers they were a lot of help when i first started and i caught on quickly with there help, there were great vibes between us all. In all the job would get difficult when super busy and not enough employees but we would get the job done no stress and in a quickly manor. i think the most enjoyable part of the job was having such great co-workers because what is going to work without getting along great with the people you are going to work with. They made the job fun and we always had great costumers.
It's like working for Hitler (just less charm)
Store Protection Specialist (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: lies
Worked there for 2 years and never missed a day.

My job was loss prevention. Which is basically being a "greeter" as rules basically prevent you from stopping theft.

I was given less than a month's notice that my job was being done away. I was up for an Area Supervisor job. Instead of interviewing me for anything, the company brought in outside people who they could pay less to.

Awesome. Joking. Horrible DM, horribile SM and dumb ALPM/
FUN PLACE TO WORK
Casheir (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCJanuary 24, 2015
ENJOY WORKING THERE. NICE PLACE TO WORK. I ENJOY INTERACTING WITH DIFFERENT INDIVIDUALS EVERYDAY.THE MANAGERS ARE WONDERFUL AND PROVIDE ON GOING TRAINING ON THE JOB.
what i learned
Retail Associate (Former Employee), Cordova, TNJanuary 24, 2015
Greets customers, promotes company products, and sells them to the customer. Responsible for handling payment, and thanking customers. Communicate with customers, teammates, and managers in a respectful manner. Solve customer queries or concerns related to the products that they purchase. Ensure customers satisfaction and safety at store.
great
Customer Service /Sales Associate (Former Employee), Beaumont, CAJanuary 23, 2015
loved it, amazing place to work...special deals and incentives for employess...excellent hours. happy environment!!!
Ok for a college student
AREA SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: free snacks, off when needed
Cons: do not get paid enough
Slightly ok for a college student.
Quick advancement for college students but beware, once you move you are required to work more hours. Boss tends to forget your degree is more important than working at a low paying job.
great work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIJanuary 23, 2015
Great place to work learned a lot about good customer service. Busy place to work kept me on my toes. Great company to work for with great people. Love the fast past environment.
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), CaJanuary 22, 2015
A typical day of work at ross would be enjoyable, as it being my first job i learned how to be to work on-time, perform all dutties at a fast and steady pace, learned responsibility and to interact with customers/unsatisfied customers. Management within itself was unorganized and rarely available but did have one or two assistant managers who were willing to help and teach. My co-workers were amazing, very diverse and everyone seemed to work well with or around one another working as a team. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to work and associate with my piers.
Cashier, fashion consultant, fitting room assistancef
cashier, retail asst. (Current Employee), Roseville, CAJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: close to home
Cons: not enough hours per week
Cashier, size clothing, organize the retail floor. Greet customers, assist them in fashion choices. Organize and display merchandise.
Nice people to work with
Customer Service (Current Employee), Hendersonville, TNJanuary 22, 2015
Their is nice people to work with there but the management is not good there they don't care about anything.
Productive Job, With a lot Of Friendly People
Cashier, Stock, Loss Prevention (Current Employee), Oxon Hill, MDJanuary 21, 2015
a typical day at work is too check in with the managers, and talk too the cashier on duty. The most enjoyable part of the job is basically meeting all kind of different people, while the hardest part would be that be alert all the time because I'm apart the Lost Prevention Team.
Dead End
Store Protection Specialist (LP) (Current Employee), Tracy, CAJanuary 21, 2015
Management is never 100 percent secured, you will have multiple managers in a year, which makes it difficult, especially if you are trying to get noticed to move up in the company. The hardest part of the job is if you do not agree with the policies, specifically if you are Loss Prevention. This retail store is not similar to other very well known retail stores. They have a strict policy that no employees are allowed to go over 25 hours a week, this can be a deal breaker for some.
I enjoy working here and with the other people that works here.
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: if we have a good safety month then ross provide a nice little lunch for you.
Cons: full-time employees get great benefits, as well as the part-time employees. 401k stock health insurance plan.
One day I was at work and this rude customer was standing in line but he wasn't in the right line so the employee that was at the register told the other lady to come up so that she can assist her and the man got mad and called the lady a bad name. I learned how to put the shelves up and dust them. The manager at my job should be the assist manager, and the assistant manager should be the manager. The end of the night when you have to close the store. When I go take my break and when I don't have management on me telling me my job and I already know it.
not for long term employment
Front end Supervisor (Former Employee), Winter Garden, FLJanuary 20, 2015
Every year there was a new store manager that liked to do things their own way which made for a less productive and steady-flowing store. Assignments given were unclear and working environment was sometimes hectic. Hours are not guaranteed. Management is flexible with your personal schedule.
Easy Going Fun Place To Work.
AREA SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Hallandale Beach, FLJanuary 20, 2015
Dealing with customer service
Manage shipment for the company
Overseeing more than 15 employees
Handling difficult situations with associates and customers.

1 2 3 4 5

About Ross Dress For Less

Our customers love a great deal. That makes our mission simple: to provide exciting bargains, every day, in every store. It takes – Read more

Ross Dress For Less Photos