Ross Dress For Less

3.2K reviews

Ross Dress For Less Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Cashier (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 3, 2016
Great place to work,I have learned how to handling money!
the management is very cool,nothing enjoyable at this job you cant improve your life with that job
Productive workplace
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 3, 2016
Great opportunities to learn and gain knowledge about retail merchandising and business management. The work environment depends on management and team work.
Supervisors that care...
Area Supervisor (Former Employee), Orange Park, FLFebruary 3, 2016
Pros: promotions are achievable
Ross loves to promote from within. In order to do that the supervisors try to learn about you (at least on a professional level) and are constantly looking for the next front end supervisor or the next stock lead.
Easy and fun work place
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee), Rosenberg, TXFebruary 3, 2016
Pros: employee discounts
Cons: customers holiday shopping
I really liked working at Ross because I learned how to do management and price changes. My co workers at this job were really fun to work with and made my day go by faster.
helped the kids and bus driver
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 3, 2016
I would help the kids and bus driver but I was with th kids for every need they had I loved my kids I helped them on and off the bus when w got to school or when we reached their homes
fun place to work
Summer/Holiday Temp (Former Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 3, 2016
Pros: none
Cons: Late Breaks
When You Come in They Will Send You Home If They Don't Have Enough Pay Roll When Your schedule to Come To Work , Will Not notified Crew Ahead Of schedule Time
Amazing People
Lead store protection specialist (Former Employee), Denver, COFebruary 3, 2016
Pros: Great People, Amazing Customers
Cons: Rude Crazy Customers, its Retail!
The co-workers became family and leaving was so hard, but I was not happy with the stress and hate I was growing towards my job, The Co-Workers definitely make it worth staying though.
Great Job enviroment
Front End Supervisor/Customer Service (Former Employee), PAFebruary 2, 2016
Pros: good enviroment
Cons: no pay raise
I love working for Ross the co-workers are great and I know whats expected of me. We work well together and the Management team is great always there to work around your schedule.
Happy with my Job at Ross would like to relocated to Fountain Hills
Front End Supervisor, Manager on Duty, Markdowns (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZFebruary 2, 2016
Pros: New idea oriented
Cons: No part time benefits
Learned the entire store operation and have enjoyed each position.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the cooperation of my peers.
We share ideas and put them to work to better the customer experience.
Would like to continue with the learning process.
Not your typical Retail Experience
Stock Associate (Current Employee), Orange Park, FLFebruary 2, 2016
Pros: Early work hours
Cons: Management, too many demands, cutting hours
Working on the stock team at Ross is very hectic and demanding. No matter how hard you work, the managers always seem to spend more time on criticizing the workers than giving credit when it's due. There is not much opportunity for advancement or cross-training unless you speak up about it. Ross is a great store overall. It just depends on which location you work at because every store is different, especially with this being a retail store.
Fun, non pressured, great greeting and assisting customers.
Retail Associate (Current Employee), Panama City Beach, FLFebruary 2, 2016
Pros: Great Management
Cons: not enough hours
Wonderful place to work. Have food provided in breakroom once a month. Management is very understanding, great to work for. Feels like being with family as each associate is eager to help the other to meet company goals.
Low hours, management changes often, rules and regulations change whenever they feel like it.
Loss Prevention Associate (Current Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 2, 2016
Pros: It pays
Cons: No beneifts, job isnt steady, managment gets away with everything
Working in the Austin area, I've seen very poor management all around. After a year of coming in when people call in sick or whatever reasons just when they needed me, they've yet to give me a raise or even a full time status.
There are no benefits if you're part time. Every manager is different and the rules are vague enough they can get by with changing it however they want. Mostly dress code issues, but when it comes to breaks and lunches as well. Several times I've been asked to take a lunch within my last hour, one time they wanted me to take a lunch within my last half hour and then immediately clock out so they could say I had a lunch and their boss wouldn't get mad at them.
The SPS or loss prevention job is awful, you can't do anything really but stand around and talk to people. You can't even call the police without calling corporate first. Can't walk out of the store to get a license plate or anything. The job is pretty useless.
When the schedule gets posted I tend to take a picture of it, and several times management has changed it later and won't let me know so I'll end up being late and still somehow reprimanded for it.
It's a giant mess. Avoid it if you can.
The worst
Store Protection Specialist (Former Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 2, 2016
Pros: Markdowns
Cons: Everything else
If you are anywhere an Florida and want to work at Ross, DON'T. It's the worst place to ever work. Management act like children, you are basically slaving for minimum wage, they don't give hours, and they expect the most when they dint even appreciate you. During the interview process of your are part time they will guarantee 25 hours a week which is a lie. You will be lucky if you make 12 hours that week. If you have personal reasons for leaving work, you might as well except that write up because that's what you are going to get. Store manager at the one I worked at had her period and she went home an associate had a family memeber in the hospital and if she left she would have been fired.
An place for experience
Store Associate (Former Employee), Fairfield, CAFebruary 1, 2016
Pros: Fun to see the merchandise coming in.
Cons: Lack of strong and fair managment
I worked at two different Ross Stores. The first store was such a pleasure to work for. The second store....not so much. It had to do with different management styles. There were a lot of inconsistencies with the second store.
Generally good, one manager makes it kinda suck
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Yucaipa, CAFebruary 1, 2016
Pros: Most of the managers are great, easy to work around your schedule
Cons: One of the managers sucks, not enough hours for most people
Almost all of the managers and associates are great. There are only a few bad apples but they truly do spoil the bunch. Many coworkers feel a loss of morale or uncomfortable-ness in the workplace. Complaints have been filed but nothing has been done about it yet. This certain manager plays favorites, which really sucks because he is the one who creates the weekly schedules for everyone.
Great company to work for!
Financial Analyst - Store Operations (Current Employee), Dublin, CAJanuary 31, 2016
Pros: Excellent corporate retail experience
Cons: Located in the East Bay
Excellent company with plenty of growth opportunities. They are located in the East Bay which is a huge con. However, they have excellent benefits, strong stock, great culture, and a great gym on campus.
positive
Front End Supervisor/ Back Up Stock Lead (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJanuary 31, 2016
good work experience and good people, variety of jobs to keep busy. learned how to process incoming trucks and gained experience in variety of things
outgoing worklace
Cashier (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 28, 2016
I go in way before the store opens to help maintain the merchandise and clothing. I clock out 3 hours after the store opens and its an easy day.
fun play to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Tustin, CAJanuary 28, 2016
Pros: easy and slow pace
Cons: none
i had a good time working in ross will miss it made life long friends the staff is nice you feel welcome it slow pace all the time only if your working unloading truck
Its Alright
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COJanuary 28, 2016
Ross is good place to work if you are just starting out in the workfield or need a second job. If it is your only job, it can be difficult to get hours.
Industry