Ross Dress For Less

Ross Dress For Less Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Horrible
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee), Montebello, CAMay 22, 2015
Verbally abusive managers who like to micromanage every breath the employees take. The District Managers are just as bad, if not worse.
Busy retail environment
Area Supervisor (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLMay 21, 2015
Pros: Great training
Cons: Short staffed
- 40 hr week
- Great environment
- Time management, payroll management, developing effective teams
- My team is great and very productive
- Managing payroll is the hardest
- My Team!!!
Job Securtiy
Customer Service Cashier (Current Employee), Miami, FLMay 21, 2015
Pros: Flexibility with schedule
Cons: Not enough hours, and the pay per hour
Ross is a very great place to work. The culture and the atmosphere of helping people shop for less makes me happy!

I learned great customer service and patience. Ross is a fast pace enviroment at times and the goal is to always make the customer happy.

They have reward systems that encourage and show appreciation for the great work that an employee has done.

Its a family at Ross!
not for me
Retail Associate (Current Employee), Auburn, CAMay 21, 2015
Pros: always something to do
Cons: pay
not a good long term fit for me maybe a good fit for others it fulfilled exactly what it need to fulfill being a middle manager at a fortune 500 company is for the birds.. little to no training.. finding out after the fact is no way to run a business everything is on the fly ..typical ??
Tough place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLMay 20, 2015
Pros: I loved the people worked with
Cons: Store manager spends all her time in the office.No support or guidance when needed.
We can't go home until the store is 100% recovered. Sometimes we don't leave until after midnight-1am.Good hard working associates. Job security goes out the window, never sure if and when you'll be fired.
it was ok
Electric Pallet Jack Operator (Former Employee), Moreno Valley, CAMay 20, 2015
Pros: some holiday lunches
Cons: short breaks
some days would get slow and they would send you home halfway thru the day which suck some days.but other days it would be okay some supervisors are cool some are not
Fast paced management
Store Manager (Current Employee), MarylandMay 20, 2015
Day consists of forecasting sales and payroll on a hourly basis. Receiving freight on a daily basis and pushing all merchandise on the sales floor by the close of business each day. Executing markdown file on a weekly basis. Creating a fun environment for associates to work in.
Unorganized work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Stafford, TXMay 19, 2015
Unorganized management and authority; the work place was flooding at time due to rain seeping into the stockroom. No one worked in the the evening for stock room.
It's ok
Store Manager (Current Employee), NVMay 18, 2015
The job is good but you find yourself doing everything an associate has to do on top of your duties because you have no payroll to have them work.
Very fun workplace, yet very productive.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Pedro, CAMay 18, 2015
Pros: Diverse environment, semi-annual workplace events
Cons: Self-entitled sense of seniority
For the most part, a typical day at work for me would consist of
Cashiering, department assignments, attending to the dressing room, and placing merchandise in its designated area. From this job experience, which also happened to be my very first place of employment, I learned many, very beneficial things that will stay with me at every job to come. I learned pretty much all one really can learn when pertaining to retail stores, employees, and their duties; The process of ordering, receiving, preparation, display, and sales. My managers were very professional, yet there was always that sense of comfort in being able to just go to one of them for anything with ease. Co-workers were also very focused and kind, and for the most part everyone seemed to get along very well, and also work together very well. For me, the hardest part of the job would have been around the holidays. While I am now very experienced, and can adapt to any fast paced speed, and high volume of customers, this was very stressful for me only because I was new, and just didn't want to mess anything up. The most enjoyable part of the job, was having an overall store goal, and having all the employees vehemently working together as a team to reach it.
Fast Paced Retail
Mobile Store Protection Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 17, 2015
Pros: Great opportunities
Cons: High turnover
A typical day at Ross is fast paced and full of challenges. There is no typical day, but that is whats makes the job interesting. The culture there is focused on teamwork and developing associates to the next level. One of the most rewarding moments is seeing your team grow. The hardest part of the job is transferring to impact the company further. I really liked the diversity of people I came across and trained with. I learned a lot from several store managers and district managers that mentored me.
Solid/Stable company offers excellent work/life balance.
General Manager (Current Employee), Lakewood, COMay 17, 2015
Pros: Growth potential
Cons: Retention
Growing company that values training, focuses on development and emphasizes engagement. Manage processes and you will be successful.
Typical retail store
Loss Prevention Specialist (Former Employee), Plano, TXMay 17, 2015
Pros: 20% discount on product, average benefits
Cons: Company doesn't value employees
A typical day of work consists of at least two angry customers. You'll be stuck on the registers most of time. The company went public not too long ago so there's budget cuts everywhere. Less staff, less pay, but very easy to advance within the ranks. If you don't have a college degree, I'd work here as a manager and move up to assistant store manager.
Fun place for young people to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Cumming, GAMay 16, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: low pay
I worked around Christmas season so everyday was very busy. I have learn so many new great experiences by working with different people. The management at Ross was good, they were caring and willing to help with any issues. The job was very easy but I had to do a lot of stuff at the same time. The most enjoyable part of the job was talking and helping customers.
Fast-paced environment, high volume store, always something to do.
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee), Kissimmee, FLMay 16, 2015
Pros: great deals, getting to see cool merchandise, 40% double discount days
Cons: short breaks, messy store, very very busy, lack of staff
A typical at Ross as front end supervisor means managing the line and cashiers. Assigning registers and making sure my cashiers get their breaks as well as making sure the line is moving. I also assist in customer service related issues. I also clean the checkout area and line by removing misplaced merchandise and sorting them in designated carts and making sure those carts are being ran.

What I learned is how to run the front end like a well-oiled machine. Make sure customers are satisfied and aren't waiting so long in the line as well as making sure my cashiers are being taken care of with anything they need. I help them with any questions they might have. I learned a lot of leadership responsibilities.

I communicated with the managers on the plan for the day, such as which people were in which department as well as calling the sales floor associates to register when the line got too long. If there is something I'm not sure of, I ask the managers.

I learned the strengths and weaknesses of my coworkers and what they are the best at. I communicate with people from different areas of the store so we all know what needs to be done and how.

The hardest part of the job was how busy it got and trying to run the store while being short-handed. Feeling overwhelmed when I couldn't get it all done.

The most enjoyable part was my great coworkers and how challenging the job was. Feeling like I learned something.
retail
step up team (Current Employee), Owasso, OKMay 15, 2015
Pros: paid 15 min. breaks
Cons: short on employees so they over work you.
typical day at work, is just being stuck in one place doing one job.
i didnt really learn much at ROSS.
the management is alright, not the best.
co-workers are terrible, they out right just talk back and bad about other workers including manager.
Very difficult place to work.
Area Supervisor (Current Employee), PAMay 14, 2015
Pros: Employee Discount, 25+ hours
Cons: Little pay, Extreme amount of work expected
You are expected to work the job of 3 other people for minimum wage. Management is severely overworked and the pay increase is minute. The store is frequently understaffed and under scheduled. The only benefit to employment is the employee discount, however everything is already very cheap.
Retail
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Beaverton, ORMay 14, 2015
Ross was very busy there was always something to do. I learned that there are angry people and happy people. The management was very on point the loved the store to be in tip top shape. I made a lot of friends working here we were a great team. The hardest part of this job was around Christmas time it was very busy busy but made time go by really fast. My team that I worked with was my favorite part of this job.
Great job
Sales Associate (Current Employee), York, PAMay 14, 2015
Paid breaks and great break room. Nice managers and a company that cares about their employees. I love this company just does not pay much.
Fast paced
Store Protection Specialist/ Sales Associate (Current Employee), Lake Forest, CAMay 14, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: small raises
I go in early in the morning and count the funds for the daily use. I have held every position in the store from cashier to loss prevention.

1 2 3 4 5

About Ross Dress For Less

Our customers love a great deal. That makes our mission simple: to provide exciting bargains, every day, in every store. It takes – Read more

Ross Dress For Less Photos