Ross Dress For Less
2,733 reviews

Ross Dress For Less Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and friendly place to work
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), NCAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Friendly and inviting staff
Cons: Not enough hours
I would most likely work the fitting room or on the register. Every day would deal with talking to customers making sure that their needs are met as much as possible. Management and co-workers were always there to lend a helping hand. Working here there was not much of a challenge due to the face that I have been working within retail for a couple of years.
Happy environment
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee), Tinley Park, ILAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Great management
Cons: Not busy enough and low pay
It was a very fun opportunity to work with such great team members. Great rewards for people who go above and beyond! I showed above and beyond and had gotten moved up in my first month working there.
its ok
Stocker (Former Employee), rock hillAugust 3, 2015
Cons: part time
just a part time job. easy, and fulfilling to help customers on the floor looking for specific items. people I worked were nice and friendly
too much to do for 1 person
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Montebello, CAAugust 3, 2015
Pros: 20% discount
Cons: hours sucked
There was usually 1 cashier for a really long line. I got experience since it was my first job. They where not flexible with my schedule, scheduled me very few hours during the week, but where always calling me at night or on the weekends to fill in for others knowing that I needed the hours. Management only cared about getting the job done so they would get a pat on the back by district manager "crazy lady" always mad about something never satisfied.
Memorable experence
Area Supervisor (Former Employee), Wichita Falls, TXAugust 2, 2015
Pros: Excellent benifits
Cons: No advancement opportunities
Awesome place to work with a crew of exceptional associates. Fun, fast pace, and educational place to work. You are encouraged to learn and grow at your own pace, however, opportunities for advancement are strictly limited.
Nothing to do on breaks,
AREA SUPERVISOR/STORE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAAugust 1, 2015
Pros: discount.
Cons: Nothing to do in the break room.
Greeting customers, cashiering, off loading the truck. Processing and running out the merchandise, It's fun when the store is fully staffed. We can actually get our jobs done.
Fast and energetic
Front end cashier (Former Employee), 9104 s. Westremn AveAugust 1, 2015
Very fun and productive work environment that provides excellent customer service. My co-workers were very friendly and were great team members. The managers are great examples of leaders and very polite and helpful to the staff.
fun fashion work enviorment
Cashier/Sales Associate/Stock (Former Employee), mansfield txAugust 1, 2015
Pros: great customers and fashion
Cons: less pay
Ross was a good one, its weird that Ross was oone of my best Jobs. it taught me Great customer service, fast and friendly checkouts, it taught me how to create a safe and secure enviorment as well as inventory.
A fast productive work place, and greate discounts
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 31, 2015
Pros: Free lunches every friday, 20% discount off anything in the store.
Cons: short breaks.
A typical day at ross is coming in 15 minutes until I clock in, Then I start my day working on my section of that day. I've learned that nothing is handed to you, you have to work for what you want in life (closed mouths don't get fed). The management could have been better it wasn't professional. My coworkers treated me like family they gave off so much positive energy. The hardest part of my job was taking the septa bus sometimes it would go on strike. My most enjoyable moments were meeting new people.
Easy to get ahead within the company.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Portland, ORJuly 30, 2015
If you are a hard worker at this company, the management will take notice and offer advancement! The co-workers were all very friendly and it was a positive experience to work there.
proactive fast pace
stock room supervisor (Former Employee), northglenn coloradoJuly 30, 2015
Pros: weekends and holidays
Cons: to much phyisical work
it was fun unloading trucks and processing clothing to be put on the floor that day and it was a strategy job when it came to making sure u make the right moves to complete everything in the stock room in one day. i learned how to time manage a lot better and how to control a larger group of associates. my co workers were a joy to work along side with and the enjoyed me as there manager. the hardest part of the job was not knowing exactly what was coming on truck and was either over payroll or under payroll. the most enjoyable part of this job was the whole job its self.
Productive and fast pace
Retail Associate, Cashier/Sales Floor (Former Employee), Bellingham, WAJuly 30, 2015
It was a good establishment to be a retail associate and cahsier at, I had a pretty positive experience working for them.
Busy retail life
Retail Associate (Former Employee), Magnolia, TXJuly 30, 2015
The store is nice and leaves room for advancement, but the Ross as a company isn't worker friendly. It is the average fast paced environment of a retail store which allows long shifts to go by quickly.
Productive and Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Sugarland TxJuly 29, 2015
Your typical job for someone fresh out of high school or on summer break for college. But a fun place to work with great understanding management. Fun place to grow and make new friends
ross
Store Protection Specialist (Former Employee), Forsyth, ILJuly 29, 2015
Ross was an interesting company to work for. I worked there for a total of 7 months. I enjoyed the customer interaction and my co workers.
its alright
Sales Associate (Current Employee), City of Sunrise, FLJuly 29, 2015
Pros: great staff
Cons: be prepared to have backlash from customers
need better management and staff. definitely under staffed need more workers. the customers are horrible they get mad at you when you follow the company guidelines.
fun place to gain experience in retail
store associate (Current Employee), canyon country, CAJuly 28, 2015
i liked to work here because it was fun but also challenging to learn new things and perfect them on a daily basis.the managers and employees are all nice and give good direction to everything
Horrible.
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXJuly 28, 2015
This by far is the worst place I've ever worked in my entire life. You are overworked and underpaid. The expectations is unbelievable for the amount the pay per hour. There is never enough hours to go around. Management is unprofessional, rude and just mediocre. There is lots of finger pointing and false accusations towards valued workers who work hard to keep the store running. There is lots of favoritism to the point it's sickening. Lots and lots of theft. Security doesn't pay attention cause they are too busy hiding in the dressing room on their cellphones.People are always calling in left in and right so we are always short staffed. Overall it's a horrible place to work and I advise people not to work for any ross store.
Not a fun place to work
Store Protection Specialist/Security (Current Employee), Stockton, CAJuly 28, 2015
The job involves standing on your feet for long periods of time and being alert while looking for shoplifters. Ross is unorganized and management could be better. There are not opportunities for advancement
Always a wonderful day at work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Douglasville, GAJuly 28, 2015
Every shift that i came into start my job all the employees made me feel at home. They would greet me as i was clocking in the start my shift. The head cashier would notify me of what my duties of the day were and I would get started right away. Anything i needed they were usually able to provide that to me.I enjoyed all the my managers they were very helpful and nice. I never really had a hard time at my job i adapted to everything very well.

1 2 3 4 5

About Ross Dress For Less

Our customers love a great deal. That makes our mission simple: to provide exciting bargains, every day, in every store. It takes – Read more

Ross Dress For Less Photos