Ross Dress For Less

Ross Dress For Less Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great co-workers
Cashier (Current Employee), Winter Haven, FLAugust 27, 2013
Pros: work around your schedule
Cons: you work nights at first, but can change
I have been at this job for almost two years, and I personally am proud to work at this location(store1255). I enjoy the people I work with, and I can talk to management about any concerns I might have.
Great Place to be
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), NJApril 15, 2014
Pros: great guest
Cons: to far from home
Great workplace with great people! Lots of room for advancement!
there is advancement within the company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 15, 2014
First job I got that gave me the manager title. I've learned a lot. And I wish this company would step it up to be in good competition with its competitors.
Friendly coworkers
Stocker (Former Employee), Bolingbrook, ILApril 15, 2014
Pros: laid back
ok job for high school kids or in need of second job friendly co workers management ok
fun place to work also team work is involved
Store Protection Specialist (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 15, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: short breaks part time job not enough hours a week
a day at work sometimes are easy and then it can be hard i learned how to tolerate different attitudes from customers and associates my managers were very helpful in every situation there was no hard part about my job except stopping thieves from stealing the most enjoyable part was having a good team around like a family
work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Baytown, TXApril 13, 2014
Pros: left when done in the daytime
Cons: a big truck
hard and fast.co-workers were good people.management was real nice too,
Was very busy workplace with lots to do.Always on the go and always good to come to work.
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee), Yuba city CaApril 13, 2014
Pros: employee of the month. monthly parties for good visits. great employees.
Cons: not enough pay. some management was not good.
Really enjoyed other employees and coming to work was eventful and fun. Always had off days but retail is always like that.
fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bel Air, MDApril 13, 2014
Very fun job, Everyone was very friendly and outgoing. Great hours. Very understanding.
great work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Fontana, CAApril 12, 2014
positive attitudes,helpful staff,every day you learn new things. overall a great place to work.
Fun and Active job
Retail Associate (Former Employee), Denver, COApril 11, 2014
Pros: close laction to home
Cons: short lunch
* a lot of walking thrugh-out the day
* learned to be a lot faster when handling money
* managment were helpful when I wasnt sure how certain rules applied
* my co-workers there helped me when I was in need
* the toughest part was at the very end odf the day we would have to organize the whole store putting everyting in its place
* the most enjoyabe – more... was talking to the customers – less
Very unorganized
Sales Associate (Current Employee), ChicagoApril 11, 2014
Pros: friendly colleague's
Cons: unorganized, calls on short notice, 1 work day out the week.
They hired alot of people only to help open the store and then fired them...Very unorganized when it comes to scheduling . I haven't worked in a while, and very upset about that.
Awesome company!
Area Supervisor (Former Employee), Huntington Beach, CAApril 9, 2014
Loved working hear, good management and good opportunities.
Retail work where you get paid to have fun and work hard
Area Supervisor (Current Employee), Buford, GAApril 9, 2014
Pros: fun a work and meeting new people
Cons: unreal expectation with zero excuses as to why things don't get done
Overall Ross is a good place to work. They have an excellent benefits package for their full time employees. You get a discount on purchases and additional discount 3 times a year.
Exciting place to work.
Cash Office Associate (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAApril 9, 2014
Pros: recognition and a thank you every now and then.
Cons: short lunches
A typical day to me is walk inside work speak to everyone, go into my office, count down my registers and safe and then make deposit. My daily routine is I just check in with the manager let him or her know what i have completed and ask if their is any thing else that i need to add to my tasks for that day. After talking to them i complete what i need – more... to complete and then i usually just do my own thing as far as cleaning, markdowns, pricing until someone calls me or need back up on the front end. The hardest part of my day is after lunch i am full and ready to go but I still pull threw to accomplish what i need to. I can not start a task and not finish it before the end of my work shift, The most enjoyable part is seeing the smiles of the many people that I have helped that day that will return to get great customer service. – less
Ross
Customer Service/ Sales floor (Current Employee), Moore, OKApril 9, 2014
I love working for Ross Dress for Less, the only down fall is not being able to obtain more hours.
Front-End Supervisor
Sales Associate, Front-End Supervisor (Former Employee), Dothan, ALApril 9, 2014
On a typical work day, the motion of things was very fast-paced. I learned a lot about customer service, and management was always helpful. Honestly, I got along with everyone I worked with.
ok job possible room for advancement
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee), Erie, PAApril 9, 2014
Pros: fun co workers, training
Cons: communication, not stable, can't get full time unless a manager
Daily reports and training completed. Hardest part of job was when it was slow, most enjoyable part was the training. Management had poor communication and handled thing poorly but most of them did a great job.
poor levels of management and zero aility to move up.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), garden grove, huntington parkApril 9, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: work enviroment
the ross experience wasn't a great experience i was a shift leader and before that i worked out on the floor and stock room, management didnt take pride in working for their company and alot of the employee's really saw it as just a job, i knew it wasnt the type of enviroment i wanted for myself, which is why i seeked out a better opertunity.
great place
Customer Services/Cashier (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLApril 9, 2014
love this job great company great manager. willing to work with ur schedule
A typical work day at Ross
Front End Supervisor/ Cash Office Manager (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLApril 9, 2014
Pros: meeting new people and being able to make someone happy.
Cons: grouchy management
A typical work day at Ross never ends without some kind of shocking "oh my goodness, I can't believe that just happened" event. There are many ups and downs that come with the job. The hardest part of the job is trying to keep the store clean while you're crazy busy. The best part is seeing how much you've helped your customers. Whether they are there – more... for clothes or odd and end things. Ross is like a big treasure hunt and someone always left with a smile on their faces because they were excited about the treasures that they just found. The co-workers are absolutely awesome. Everyone knew that for the job to be done everyone needed to work as a team to complete it the right way. As far as management there were good days and bad days. More bad than good, but we all still enjoyed our work environment. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Ross Dress For Less

Our customers love a great deal. That makes our mission simple: to provide exciting bargains, every day, in every store. It takes – Read more

Ross Dress For Less Photos