Ross Dress For Less

Ross Dress For Less Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Tough place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLMay 20, 2015
Pros: I loved the people worked with
Cons: Store manager spends all her time in the office.No support or guidance when needed.
We can't go home until the store is 100% recovered. Sometimes we don't leave until after midnight-1am.Good hard working associates. Job security goes out the window, never sure if and when you'll be fired.
it was ok
Electric Pallet Jack Operator (Former Employee), Moreno Valley, CAMay 20, 2015
Pros: some holiday lunches
Cons: short breaks
some days would get slow and they would send you home halfway thru the day which suck some days.but other days it would be okay some supervisors are cool some are not
Fast paced management
Store Manager (Current Employee), MarylandMay 20, 2015
Day consists of forecasting sales and payroll on a hourly basis. Receiving freight on a daily basis and pushing all merchandise on the sales floor by the close of business each day. Executing markdown file on a weekly basis. Creating a fun environment for associates to work in.
Unorganized work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Stafford, TXMay 19, 2015
Unorganized management and authority; the work place was flooding at time due to rain seeping into the stockroom. No one worked in the the evening for stock room.
It's ok
Store Manager (Current Employee), NVMay 18, 2015
The job is good but you find yourself doing everything an associate has to do on top of your duties because you have no payroll to have them work.
Very fun workplace, yet very productive.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Pedro, CAMay 18, 2015
Pros: Diverse environment, semi-annual workplace events
Cons: Self-entitled sense of seniority
For the most part, a typical day at work for me would consist of
Cashiering, department assignments, attending to the dressing room, and placing merchandise in its designated area. From this job experience, which also happened to be my very first place of employment, I learned many, very beneficial things that will stay with me at every job to come. I learned pretty much all one really can learn when pertaining to retail stores, employees, and their duties; The process of ordering, receiving, preparation, display, and sales. My managers were very professional, yet there was always that sense of comfort in being able to just go to one of them for anything with ease. Co-workers were also very focused and kind, and for the most part everyone seemed to get along very well, and also work together very well. For me, the hardest part of the job would have been around the holidays. While I am now very experienced, and can adapt to any fast paced speed, and high volume of customers, this was very stressful for me only because I was new, and just didn't want to mess anything up. The most enjoyable part of the job, was having an overall store goal, and having all the employees vehemently working together as a team to reach it.
Fast Paced Retail
Mobile Store Protection Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 17, 2015
Pros: Great opportunities
Cons: High turnover
A typical day at Ross is fast paced and full of challenges. There is no typical day, but that is whats makes the job interesting. The culture there is focused on teamwork and developing associates to the next level. One of the most rewarding moments is seeing your team grow. The hardest part of the job is transferring to impact the company further. I really liked the diversity of people I came across and trained with. I learned a lot from several store managers and district managers that mentored me.
Solid/Stable company offers excellent work/life balance.
General Manager (Current Employee), Lakewood, COMay 17, 2015
Pros: Growth potential
Cons: Retention
Growing company that values training, focuses on development and emphasizes engagement. Manage processes and you will be successful.
Typical retail store
Loss Prevention Specialist (Former Employee), Plano, TXMay 17, 2015
Pros: 20% discount on product, average benefits
Cons: Company doesn't value employees
A typical day of work consists of at least two angry customers. You'll be stuck on the registers most of time. The company went public not too long ago so there's budget cuts everywhere. Less staff, less pay, but very easy to advance within the ranks. If you don't have a college degree, I'd work here as a manager and move up to assistant store manager.
Fun place for young people to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Cumming, GAMay 16, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: low pay
I worked around Christmas season so everyday was very busy. I have learn so many new great experiences by working with different people. The management at Ross was good, they were caring and willing to help with any issues. The job was very easy but I had to do a lot of stuff at the same time. The most enjoyable part of the job was talking and helping customers.
Fast-paced environment, high volume store, always something to do.
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee), Kissimmee, FLMay 16, 2015
Pros: great deals, getting to see cool merchandise, 40% double discount days
Cons: short breaks, messy store, very very busy, lack of staff
A typical at Ross as front end supervisor means managing the line and cashiers. Assigning registers and making sure my cashiers get their breaks as well as making sure the line is moving. I also assist in customer service related issues. I also clean the checkout area and line by removing misplaced merchandise and sorting them in designated carts and making sure those carts are being ran.

What I learned is how to run the front end like a well-oiled machine. Make sure customers are satisfied and aren't waiting so long in the line as well as making sure my cashiers are being taken care of with anything they need. I help them with any questions they might have. I learned a lot of leadership responsibilities.

I communicated with the managers on the plan for the day, such as which people were in which department as well as calling the sales floor associates to register when the line got too long. If there is something I'm not sure of, I ask the managers.

I learned the strengths and weaknesses of my coworkers and what they are the best at. I communicate with people from different areas of the store so we all know what needs to be done and how.

The hardest part of the job was how busy it got and trying to run the store while being short-handed. Feeling overwhelmed when I couldn't get it all done.

The most enjoyable part was my great coworkers and how challenging the job was. Feeling like I learned something.
retail
step up team (Current Employee), Owasso, OKMay 15, 2015
Pros: paid 15 min. breaks
Cons: short on employees so they over work you.
typical day at work, is just being stuck in one place doing one job.
i didnt really learn much at ROSS.
the management is alright, not the best.
co-workers are terrible, they out right just talk back and bad about other workers including manager.
Very difficult place to work.
Area Supervisor (Current Employee), PAMay 14, 2015
Pros: Employee Discount, 25+ hours
Cons: Little pay, Extreme amount of work expected
You are expected to work the job of 3 other people for minimum wage. Management is severely overworked and the pay increase is minute. The store is frequently understaffed and under scheduled. The only benefit to employment is the employee discount, however everything is already very cheap.
Retail
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Beaverton, ORMay 14, 2015
Ross was very busy there was always something to do. I learned that there are angry people and happy people. The management was very on point the loved the store to be in tip top shape. I made a lot of friends working here we were a great team. The hardest part of this job was around Christmas time it was very busy busy but made time go by really fast. My team that I worked with was my favorite part of this job.
Great job
Sales Associate (Current Employee), York, PAMay 14, 2015
Paid breaks and great break room. Nice managers and a company that cares about their employees. I love this company just does not pay much.
Fast paced
Store Protection Specialist/ Sales Associate (Current Employee), Lake Forest, CAMay 14, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: small raises
I go in early in the morning and count the funds for the daily use. I have held every position in the store from cashier to loss prevention.
Poor District Manager
Ex. Store Manager (Former Employee), TexasMay 13, 2015
Ross model can be great but only if the store manager has the right management team and the support from the DM. If you are so unlucky to get a DM that will run over anyone who gets in his way them ROSS will not be for you. My first DM was great the second one was horrible, so decided to leave. I worked 14 months with no Asst Mgr and after I left he added 1 more FT associate and 1 more Area Sup. Plus an acting Asst Mgr, not fear at all. Anyone can run the store with the extra people. I can go on forever.

Also HR gets on the managers to conduct an exit interview, but one was not conducted upon my exit. No one cared why I was leaving, yet in the same week 2 managers in the same district gave notice and 1 the week before. I think its wise to work for a company who cares about why their management team is leaving.
shocked that this people dont see us as human beings
Stock Lead manager (Former Employee), Northridge, CAMay 13, 2015
Pros: benefits if your full time
Cons: management, equality, no respect
they expect alot of work from you with little pay.
management is fake and will talk down on you .
i advice to not work for this company. they have favorites and thos are the ones that end up moving up.
Very busy retail environment
Retail Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Dublin, CAMay 13, 2015
While the coworkers and managers were kind and understanding, the retail environment was very demanding. Since it is a discount clothing store, many customers stopped by, and often we were understaffed. I learned how to manage my responsibilities better in such a hectic environment, and also how to keep up a positive attitude when serving customers.
Great Work Community
Customer Service/ Front End Supervisor (Former Employee), Simi Valley, CAMay 13, 2015
Working at Ross Dress for Less I was able to have better customer service and become more of a people's person. Work scheduling could use a little work but other than that my time there was great.

1 2 3 4 5

About Ross Dress For Less

Our customers love a great deal. That makes our mission simple: to provide exciting bargains, every day, in every store. It takes – Read more

Ross Dress For Less Photos