Ross Dress For Less
2,024 reviews

Ross Dress For Less Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive retail environment, great place to grow professionally
Retail Associate (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 21, 2014
Pros: discounts on great retail items
Cons: short breaks
Great ways to move up faster in the company, if you desire. The hire from within the company which is awesome.
its work
Stockroom Associate (Current Employee), El Paso, TXOctober 20, 2014
It's Fast pace.
I've Learned to work with a team.
Management is fair.
Co-workers help the day go faster.
The hardest part is maintaining the quota,
Okay
FRONT END SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Deerfield beach, FloridaOctober 20, 2014
It was okay for a part time job. High pace environment. They are a famous retail store.
Ross dress for less
Sales Assosicate (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 20, 2014
Pros: great work environment, friendly managers, great customers.
While working for Ross Dress for Less you get to meet many different people from all walks of life. It was fun going to work everyday and not knowing who you were going to see next. May it be working the fitting room or the register every day was something new. The people you get to work with are fantastic and the skills of running a register, securing – more... the fitting room and stocking will stay with me in every job i hold. – less
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAOctober 20, 2014
a typical day would be a bit difficult, working in retail, but everyone really worked as a tem that i loved. My co-workers were the best I've had in a while, the hardest part of the job was having to constantly bend over to pick up clothes. But the best part was being able to work with new people, and new experiences everyday.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Cordova, TNOctober 19, 2014
Pros: co-workers, customers
Cons: salary, work hours
The customers who walk into Ross Dress for Less are always adventurous. When walking into Ross it is like walking into a treasure hunt. The customers are absolutely amazing. The management and my coworkers we are all like a family, we help whenever it is needed with no apprehension because everyone has the best intention of the company. Helping people – more... with their purchases and seeing them leave with smiles on their faces and promises to return is the most enjoyable of my job. – less
Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Portland, OROctober 18, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: hours
Management was great to work with, however the hours were terrible and un-flexible.
Productive and fast paced
Head Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Santa Rosa, CAOctober 18, 2014
Fun new merchandise daily, customer excitement was contagious
I Liked working with everyone it's like a family
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 18, 2014
Pros: friendly work enviroment
Cons: not enough hours to work
I loved working with the management team everyone was friendly and knowledgeable of the job they were doing
Excellent work environment
Retail Associate (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 17, 2014
Pros: 15 minutes paid breaks
Cons: low pay
I enjoy recovering the store and straightening up the clothing racks throughout the store.I have to stand at the fitting room and assist every customer that go in by checking to see if they have 8 items or less before entering.Also, if the customer line exceeds it maximum limit I have to perform back up duties and execute customer service and cashiering – more... skills. – less
Customer service
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Bensalem, PAOctober 17, 2014
Pros: the discount
Cons: short staff
I had a night shift and it was good not to busy like the morning time we was short staff. So I did double the work helped my other associates by cleaning up the sales floor putting items away. While also balancing ringing up customers on the registers.
Great place to work if looking for upward mobility within a company
Training Store Manager (Current Employee), Dallas,TxOctober 16, 2014
Pros: nice place to work
Cons: healthcare
Hard working employees, respect amongst all levels is highly encouraged. Succession plan in place if looking to grow within the company.
fun fast past environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Elk Grove, CAOctober 16, 2014
friendly staff and great team members. always fast paste and highly productive
team work and stock room manager appreciated with employees
Stock Associate (Current Employee), Greeley, COOctober 16, 2014
Pros: flex hours, staying occupied, fast pase, employee discounts
Cons: poor unreliable employees for sales floor, low pay rate
Clocking in and begin with assign assignment to organize sales floor for customers, then go to the stock room to help unload truck with merchandise boxes to get out to the sales floor as soon as possible. The majority of my co-workers are team players and help others without being asked or told. The hardest part of my job is that it gets intense and – more... overwhelmed but I have learned how to overcome and deal with many different types of personalities while continue keeping calm and completing my job. The most enjoyable part of my job is that we keep busy so it makes the shift go by quick with an awesome stock room manager that shows great appreciation to her stock room employees. – less
Always Happy
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee), Hesperia, CAOctober 16, 2014
Provide customer service by greeting and assisting customers, and responding to customer inquiries and complaints. Cashier; Adhere
to store policies and procedures for operational efficacy preform cash and check transactions for customer purchase, Fitting Room; Help customers with personal items, sales floor.
not a very friendly work enviroment
Loss Prevention Associate (Former Employee), Yuba City, CAOctober 16, 2014
greeted customers during entire shift. management had very poor attitudes, co-workers were friendly. hardest part of the job was standing in one place and dealing with the boredom. Not a very enjoyable job at all.
its a fast paced job sometimes its tough
Stocker/Customer Service (Current Employee), El Paso, TXOctober 15, 2014
Pros: 15min break with pay 20 percent off all the time and events where it goes up to 40 percents off
Cons: 30 min lunch, sleep schedule messed up, working in the cold when its winter, kinda low pay for the work that you do
its a fast pace job and alot of lifting well thats if you are a male people are good
Challenging
Cashier/ Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Lafayette, LaOctober 15, 2014
Pros: the guest i met everyday
Cons: management and pay
A typical day at Ross Dress for Less i would have to say interesting being that its was always a pleasure meeting new people and interactive with guest that you never met, also making them smile on their bad days and assisting them when they needed help. which I enjoy helping people.
I've learned that Ross is the most shop store during the holiday period – more... being that their items are so affordable and that you can make it a one stop shop. I learn the importance of always communicate with your customers while they wait as you check them out make them feel welcome with a greeting and a smile to follow by.
Management was horrible,, why horrible? I've been a manager at a snowball stand for quiet some time now and if i had to do what they did while running a business i would be out of a job today. The fact that the Assistance Manger right along with the shift managers would simply talk about guest and other workers among one another. Which I thought is was very unprofessional coming from them being that they were the ones in charge.
My coworkers were average which i talked to everyone greeted them and had a sociable conversation with everyone i worked with.
The hardest part of the job would be the closing part.
The most enjoyable part was meeting new people and getting to know them a little more. – less
If I must
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee), Henderson, NVOctober 14, 2014
Pros: discounts for shopping!!
Cons: part time positions= no benefits
I was hired as a cash office representative, but after a few weeks I was given supervisor codes and was trained to perform as a supervisor. The workload was great because it kept me busy, but at minimum wage it was not worth it. No one should have that amount of responsibility for minimal pay. Several times I was offered the position, but they didn't – more... have the payroll for it – less
Fun and friendly environment
Front end supervisor (Current Employee), Tucson, AZOctober 13, 2014
Pros: benefits, discounts, customers
Cons: poor management
Ross store is an amazing environment, you get to meet people from all over the world and occasionally strike up great topics. Love the culture diversity this company has in both their employees and customers.

1 2 3 4 5

About Ross Dress For Less

Our customers love a great deal. That makes our mission simple: to provide exciting bargains, every day, in every store. It takes – Read more

Ross Dress For Less Photos