Ross Dress For Less

Ross Dress For Less Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Portland, OROctober 18, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: hours
Management was great to work with, however the hours were terrible and un-flexible.
I Liked working with everyone it's like a family
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 18, 2014
Pros: friendly work enviroment
Cons: not enough hours to work
I loved working with the management team everyone was friendly and knowledgeable of the job they were doing
Excellent work environment
Retail Associate (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 17, 2014
Pros: 15 minutes paid breaks
Cons: low pay
I enjoy recovering the store and straightening up the clothing racks throughout the store.I have to stand at the fitting room and assist every customer that go in by checking to see if they have 8 items or less before entering.Also, if the customer line exceeds it maximum limit I have to perform back up duties and execute customer service and cashiering – more... skills. – less
Customer service
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Bensalem, PAOctober 17, 2014
Pros: the discount
Cons: short staff
I had a night shift and it was good not to busy like the morning time we was short staff. So I did double the work helped my other associates by cleaning up the sales floor putting items away. While also balancing ringing up customers on the registers.
Great place to work if looking for upward mobility within a company
Training Store Manager (Current Employee), Dallas,TxOctober 16, 2014
Pros: nice place to work
Cons: healthcare
Hard working employees, respect amongst all levels is highly encouraged. Succession plan in place if looking to grow within the company.
fun fast past environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Elk Grove, CAOctober 16, 2014
friendly staff and great team members. always fast paste and highly productive
team work and stock room manager appreciated with employees
Stock Associate (Current Employee), Greeley, COOctober 16, 2014
Pros: flex hours, staying occupied, fast pase, employee discounts
Cons: poor unreliable employees for sales floor, low pay rate
Clocking in and begin with assign assignment to organize sales floor for customers, then go to the stock room to help unload truck with merchandise boxes to get out to the sales floor as soon as possible. The majority of my co-workers are team players and help others without being asked or told. The hardest part of my job is that it gets intense and – more... overwhelmed but I have learned how to overcome and deal with many different types of personalities while continue keeping calm and completing my job. The most enjoyable part of my job is that we keep busy so it makes the shift go by quick with an awesome stock room manager that shows great appreciation to her stock room employees. – less
Always Happy
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee), Hesperia, CAOctober 16, 2014
Provide customer service by greeting and assisting customers, and responding to customer inquiries and complaints. Cashier; Adhere
to store policies and procedures for operational efficacy preform cash and check transactions for customer purchase, Fitting Room; Help customers with personal items, sales floor.
not a very friendly work enviroment
Loss Prevention Associate (Former Employee), Yuba City, CAOctober 16, 2014
greeted customers during entire shift. management had very poor attitudes, co-workers were friendly. hardest part of the job was standing in one place and dealing with the boredom. Not a very enjoyable job at all.
its a fast paced job sometimes its tough
Stocker/Customer Service (Current Employee), El Paso, TXOctober 15, 2014
Pros: 15min break with pay 20 percent off all the time and events where it goes up to 40 percents off
Cons: 30 min lunch, sleep schedule messed up, working in the cold when its winter, kinda low pay for the work that you do
its a fast pace job and alot of lifting well thats if you are a male people are good
Challenging
Cashier/ Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Lafayette, LaOctober 15, 2014
Pros: the guest i met everyday
Cons: management and pay
A typical day at Ross Dress for Less i would have to say interesting being that its was always a pleasure meeting new people and interactive with guest that you never met, also making them smile on their bad days and assisting them when they needed help. which I enjoy helping people.
I've learned that Ross is the most shop store during the holiday period – more... being that their items are so affordable and that you can make it a one stop shop. I learn the importance of always communicate with your customers while they wait as you check them out make them feel welcome with a greeting and a smile to follow by.
Management was horrible,, why horrible? I've been a manager at a snowball stand for quiet some time now and if i had to do what they did while running a business i would be out of a job today. The fact that the Assistance Manger right along with the shift managers would simply talk about guest and other workers among one another. Which I thought is was very unprofessional coming from them being that they were the ones in charge.
My coworkers were average which i talked to everyone greeted them and had a sociable conversation with everyone i worked with.
The hardest part of the job would be the closing part.
The most enjoyable part was meeting new people and getting to know them a little more. – less
If I must
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee), Henderson, NVOctober 14, 2014
Pros: discounts for shopping!!
Cons: part time positions= no benefits
I was hired as a cash office representative, but after a few weeks I was given supervisor codes and was trained to perform as a supervisor. The workload was great because it kept me busy, but at minimum wage it was not worth it. No one should have that amount of responsibility for minimal pay. Several times I was offered the position, but they didn't – more... have the payroll for it – less
Fun and friendly environment
Front end supervisor (Current Employee), Tucson, AZOctober 13, 2014
Pros: benefits, discounts, customers
Cons: poor management
Ross store is an amazing environment, you get to meet people from all over the world and occasionally strike up great topics. Love the culture diversity this company has in both their employees and customers.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee), ‘Ewa Beach, HIOctober 13, 2014
co-workers are fun
work is semi fun
work day goes by pretty fast
Positive Experience
Sr. Property Administrator (Current Employee), Dublin, CAOctober 11, 2014
Pros: associate and landlord interactions
Cons: management support
A day in the life of Ross Property Management...is extremely fast paced. We are working on several things at once while being pulled in multiple directions. We have a great team and interact well and often with colleagues in other departments throughout the day. Being able to solve problems for our stores and field leadership makes us smile as they're – more... our true customers. Interacting with our landlords is challenging but satisfying at the same time. – less
good work envionment
Sales Associate/Front End Supervisor (Current Employee), Greeley, COOctober 9, 2014
its a job not the best job ever but i learned a lot of new things being a front end supervisor and a sales associate
A stressful but productive and efficient workplace
Area Supervisor (Current Employee), Miami, FLOctober 9, 2014
My time as an associate at Ross happened to be very fast-paced but flexible and growth-oriented. My employers and co-workers treated me with the most respect possible. The hardest part of the job is to make sure the daily operations of the store were fully functional. The most enjoyable part of the job was to help all customers with their needs and – more... to help the store create a customer-retained atmosphere. Ensuring that the store's customers were happy was the enjoyable outcome of my job. To any future job seekers who enjoy working retail, i highly recommend working for Ross. – less
nice and fun workplace
Sales (Former Employee), Wilson, NCOctober 9, 2014
Pros: everyone is friendly
Cons: not enough advancements in company
great team members, nice day customer r easy deal with once u learn how to. parents just let the kids run free in store will upset u since you'll be picking up what them messed up
Provide Customer and personnel assistance.
Cashier/Sales Clerk (Former Employee), Kennesaw, GAOctober 9, 2014
Pros: work as a team on a task
Cons: short lunch breaks
• Handle cash intake, inventory control, and light maintenance.
• Train new employees.
• Participated in showroom reorganization and presentations
Fast paced workplace
Department Manager (Current Employee), Aurora, ILOctober 8, 2014
Pros: paid days off, promoting from within, eclectic group of associates
Cons: too many discrepancies with training and standards, inexperienced management team
My typical day includes managing associates to complete tasks assigned by the store manager and district manager while making sure that customers are being provided with excellent customer service.

Ross has taught me some skills to manage groups of associates while completing my own tasks. I've learned to better deal with tricky associates that don't – more... always follow rules.

My coworkers are usually young adults that are working at Ross for extra income around their full time job or while going to school. The management team is usually a young group. Some have years of retail experience while others are very new to retail and have been promoted quickly.

The hardest part of my job is getting to know the REAL expectations. I have worked in three stores and helped at three others. I have found that there are many differences between stores regarding the rules. It becomes very confusing. Ross likes to promote from within. This is good but I have seen managers that have been promoted too quickly out of desperation. They are not properly trained and it makes it hard on other manager and the staff. This also ties back in with there not always being consistency between stores and leaders.

I do enjoy working with the staff. It is an eclectic group of associates that have all taught me something different. Though it has its flaws, I do like that Ross promotes from with in. I started as an associates and someone spent the time to train me and get me ready for a leadership role. I wish that all associates had the same trainer as me. I also appreciate all the extra perks of the job like getting a paid day off for my birthday and anniversaries with the company. . – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Ross Dress For Less

Our customers love a great deal. That makes our mission simple: to provide exciting bargains, every day, in every store. It takes – Read more

Ross Dress For Less Photos