Ross Dress For Less

Ross Dress For Less Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
good company
Sales associate (Former Employee), Longview, TXSeptember 20, 2014
The managers do what they can for people with what limited resources they are given. They pay above minimum wage and give regular wages.
Retail and Assistant Manager in Training
Retail/Sales/Register (Former Employee), Tolleson, AZSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: i loved to shop then.
Cons: i had to move to california.
I began working at Ross as a Dept sales representative. After 6 months I was approved to the Women's Dept. And after 3 years I was being trained for a managers position, and had to move for family emergency purposes. I loved my job, supervisors and Bosses were great!
fun place to work
Fitting Room Associate (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PASeptember 19, 2014
Pros: snack n pop machines
Cons: no benefits
meet new people everyday. People travel for hours to come to ross. Managers and employees are great.
Fun work place
Retail Associate (Former Employee), tempe, AZSeptember 19, 2014
Enjoyed working with people. Good Co-workers. Always something to do, and I loved that!
Great place to learn customer service.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Stockton, CASeptember 19, 2014
Really liked working here. I love working with the public and assisting customers with anything they need. This job taught me how to make the customer happy. It also taught me ho to answer phones and act in a professional manner.
busy and fun
Floor supervisor, Softlines Dept (Former Employee), Johnstown, PASeptember 19, 2014
Pros: nice people
Cons: hours were too long
A typical day was to open the store and assign everyone to a department, check on customer's and stock the store. The hardest part of the job was always trying to please the Manager. The most enjoyable part was the customer's.
t
Stockroom Associate (Former Employee), Lompoc, CASeptember 18, 2014
Could be better, could be worse.
The worst part was dealing with some of the unprofessional people.
fun place to work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Tampa, FLSeptember 18, 2014
it was fun place to work had a lot of great coworkers. long hours especially during holidays
Ross Dress for Less
Store Manager (Current Employee), Lake Worth, FLSeptember 18, 2014
Responsible for all phases of the stores’ operations. Manages and controls the operations of the store to ensure that company standards and expectations are consistently met. Executes business plan and associated programs that will deliver the desired sales and profit results, while maintaining good quality customer service. Recruits, hires, trains – more... and develops Assistant Managers and non-exempt Associates. – less
fun
friendly co- workers
good training
Fun workplace
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Slidell, LASeptember 17, 2014
The workplace is very busy and you are always on your feet. I have learned so much from this company especially my customer service skills. I have always loved working here. It is so energetic and welcoming. The hardest part I must say is when I first started working here I had to get use to working because this was my first job. I enjoy most about – more... my job is my co-workers and definitely the customers. – less
In the WorkPlace
Sales (Former Employee), CASeptember 17, 2014
Pros: parties
Cons: the pay
Overall somedays we would be extremely busy other days we would be at a slow paste and not really to busy. The managers were pretty nice but the head was a real rude,cruel, person. I stayed there for so long because I absouletly loved my co-workers all of them were very sweet.
Fun and fast-paced workplace
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Alameda, CASeptember 17, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: minimum wage
It was fun working with the associates at Ross. They were friendly and awesome to talk to. The hardest part was making sure the store looked nice for the next day. Overall great experience for learning customer service skills.
Big environment and very productive
Front-end Supervisor (Current Employee), Dallas, Tx.September 16, 2014
Busy, Busy, Busy....it was never a dull moment in Wal-Mart. It was good and bad management there, I can honestly say, but I hung in there. Co-workers, ummmmm, didn't really do to much talking at Wal-Mart, Just went to work and did my job.
busy working environment
(Seasonal) Sales Associate (Former Employee), san antonio texasSeptember 16, 2014
typical day at work busy and would always go by fast.
enjoyed working with people and meeting new people everyday.
FUN WORKPLACE
AREA SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Weslaco, TXSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: benefits and wages
MANAGERIAL DUTIES INCLUDING OPEN AND CLOSE THE STORE. MAKING SURE THE STORE RUNS SMOOTHLY FOR CUSTOMERS AND EMPLOYEES. WORKED ON MARKDOWNS ON THE PDT MACHINES. MONETARY HANDLINGS.
Long Hours
Cashier/Associate- Worked in the Stock (Former Employee), Corvallis, ORSeptember 16, 2014
Worked in the Stock room sorting merchandise and unpacking. Would unload truck and put merchandise away on sales floor. I also worked as a cashier and fitting room personnel.
An ok place to work for students
Manager On Duty/Front End Supervisor (Former Employee), tucson, azSeptember 15, 2014
very hectic and always busy, great co workers and management was also very good. everyone got along well
Productive and positive work enviroment
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Richmond, VirginiaSeptember 15, 2014
A typical work day at Ross was mostly customer service sales and returns.

I learned how to handle objections from customers as well as well how to communicate with upper management in order to advance your career in sales to become a manger.

My co-workers were fun, friendly and competitive.
The hardest part of that job was that it the first Ross in – more... our area and it was extremely fast paced with constant lines. I was able to complete sales and returns effectively and efficiently most of the time.

The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting people and ability to use the discounts for my purchases. – less
fast paced work environment
FT Home Lead (Current Employee), Medford, ORSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: medical and dental bennifits
Cons: not being able to assist customers with carry outs
Great team environment, learned many skills. Helpful management.
Best part of the job is helping team members and customers

1 2 3 4 5

About Ross Dress For Less

Our customers love a great deal. That makes our mission simple: to provide exciting bargains, every day, in every store. It takes – Read more

Ross Dress For Less Photos