Ross Dress For Less
2,218 reviews

Ross Dress For Less Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
great
Customer Service /Sales Associate (Former Employee), Beaumont, CAJanuary 23, 2015
loved it, amazing place to work...special deals and incentives for employess...excellent hours. happy environment!!!
Ok for a college student
AREA SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: free snacks, off when needed
Cons: do not get paid enough
Slightly ok for a college student.
Quick advancement for college students but beware, once you move you are required to work more hours. Boss tends to forget your degree is more important than working at a low paying job.
great work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIJanuary 23, 2015
Great place to work learned a lot about good customer service. Busy place to work kept me on my toes. Great company to work for with great people. Love the fast past environment.
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), CaJanuary 22, 2015
A typical day of work at ross would be enjoyable, as it being my first job i learned how to be to work on-time, perform all dutties at a fast and steady pace, learned responsibility and to interact with customers/unsatisfied customers. Management within itself was unorganized and rarely available but did have one or two assistant managers who were willing to help and teach. My co-workers were amazing, very diverse and everyone seemed to work well with or around one another working as a team. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to work and associate with my piers.
Cashier, fashion consultant, fitting room assistancef
cashier, retail asst. (Current Employee), Roseville, CAJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: close to home
Cons: not enough hours per week
Cashier, size clothing, organize the retail floor. Greet customers, assist them in fashion choices. Organize and display merchandise.
Productive Job, With a lot Of Friendly People
Cashier, Stock, Loss Prevention (Current Employee), Oxon Hill, MDJanuary 21, 2015
a typical day at work is too check in with the managers, and talk too the cashier on duty. The most enjoyable part of the job is basically meeting all kind of different people, while the hardest part would be that be alert all the time because I'm apart the Lost Prevention Team.
Dead End
Store Protection Specialist (LP) (Current Employee), Tracy, CAJanuary 21, 2015
Management is never 100 percent secured, you will have multiple managers in a year, which makes it difficult, especially if you are trying to get noticed to move up in the company. The hardest part of the job is if you do not agree with the policies, specifically if you are Loss Prevention. This retail store is not similar to other very well known retail stores. They have a strict policy that no employees are allowed to go over 25 hours a week, this can be a deal breaker for some.
I enjoy working here and with the other people that works here.
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: if we have a good safety month then ross provide a nice little lunch for you.
Cons: full-time employees get great benefits, as well as the part-time employees. 401k stock health insurance plan.
One day I was at work and this rude customer was standing in line but he wasn't in the right line so the employee that was at the register told the other lady to come up so that she can assist her and the man got mad and called the lady a bad name. I learned how to put the shelves up and dust them. The manager at my job should be the assist manager, and the assistant manager should be the manager. The end of the night when you have to close the store. When I go take my break and when I don't have management on me telling me my job and I already know it.
not for long term employment
Front end Supervisor (Former Employee), Winter Garden, FLJanuary 20, 2015
Every year there was a new store manager that liked to do things their own way which made for a less productive and steady-flowing store. Assignments given were unclear and working environment was sometimes hectic. Hours are not guaranteed. Management is flexible with your personal schedule.
Easy Going Fun Place To Work.
AREA SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Hallandale Beach, FLJanuary 20, 2015
Dealing with customer service
Manage shipment for the company
Overseeing more than 15 employees
Handling difficult situations with associates and customers.
Productive workplace
Assistant store manager (Former Employee), Hawthorne, CA,January 19, 2015
Pros: good training programs
Cons: too many hours
Operations/ Merchandising ASM, co-managed a 13.5 million dollar store. Employee management, provided leadership, coaching and process improvement. Implemented structure to ensure high delivery of customer service standards. Ensured compliance with corporate and enforced all policies and procedures.
Fast moving environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Spokane, WAJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: the stock room is the best place to work!
Cons: the customers are terrible.
Many new employees get lost in the shuffle at Ross. One only receives training if the other employees help them, to be honest. If your boss is nice and understanding, most employees enjoy it and do well. I did for awhile, but after not being able to move forward in the company after being trained for a few promotions, I was frustrated. It isn't a forever job, but it's a job.
learned a lot here.
Retail Associate (Former Employee), Burke, VAJanuary 18, 2015
It was a good start.learned alot here.Everyone seems to enjoy it here and has the right balance between fun and productivity.
Fun and busy place to work.
Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee), Visalia, CAJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: busy and your day went by fast
Cons: very tired after shift
Very busy and fun place to work. Holidays were always busy from the start of my shift to the end of it. Co workers were great to work with along with the management. The hardest part of the job was trying to clean and put everything back into place at the end of my shift.
fast working environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Bloomingdale, ILJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: respect for employees
Cons: n/a
i am enjoying each day working there because of the direct customers interaction, and great management.
Good
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALJanuary 15, 2015
It's fun helping others find what they are looking for.Working with the people I was working with brought a fun environment.
Productive and fun work place with a whole table in the break room
Customer Service / Cashier /Inventory Control (Current Employee), Lake Forest, CAJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: nice co workers
Cons: mean co workers
Fast upbeat work place with good management associates and customers. Learned much but only so much can be learned in a retail shop. Overall an alright place to grow and work. At the register helping customers most of the day
Fun
o Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Goodyear, AZJanuary 15, 2015
Fun place, pay sucks though. The employees and management are really nice to their employees. you just have to deal with rude customers
Decent work culture
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: messy store
A typical day consisted of cashiering, and having a specific zone to fix. Management do not really talk to each other so if you need something you have to go to the head boss, or tell them all individually. The most enjoyable is the discounts.
very productive
Store Manager (Former Employee), miami flJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Ten-week internships at either a Ross Dress for Less store or dd’s DISCOUNTS store. Gain leadership skills and insight into what it takes to run a store every day. You could be offered a full-time position as an Assistant Store Manager once you graduate

1 2 3 4 5

About Ross Dress For Less

Our customers love a great deal. That makes our mission simple: to provide exciting bargains, every day, in every store. It takes – Read more

Ross Dress For Less Photos