Ross Dress For Less

Ross Dress For Less Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Retail Experience
Jewelry Specialist (Former Employee), Downey, CAJuly 1, 2015
I enjoyed working as a jewelry specialist because I was given great responsibility. I learned how retail works and how to operate a cash register system. I learned how to showcase expensive items and how to promote jewelry decisions through sales activities.
I loved working there
Area Supervisor (Former Employee), Hayward, CAJuly 1, 2015
• Worked at Ross Dress for less as a cashier. After excelling as a cashier I was moved to a front end supervisor. Then moved up again to becoming an area supervisor in a new store.
Friendliest Management team I've ever met.
Trainer (Current Employee), Shafter, CAJune 30, 2015
At the Ross distribution center, they have the friendliest Management team I've had the pleasure of working with. HR takes care of it's employees and the incentive program seems to be all the motivation people need to work harder. The hardest part of the day would have to be trying to find work to do seeing as how the warehouse is barely starting to gain speed.
Awesome people
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee), Rock Springs, WYJune 30, 2015
Pros: employees and discounts
Cons: store manager and scheduling
The store manager isn't cut out to be there for my honest opinion she cant make a set schedule. My schedule is always changing and we are losing employees left and right due to her not wanting to work with anyone. She relies on 5 people mainly to pickup and cover the employees that quit shifts. It is a good work environment and learning experience
Very nice place to work
Retail Associate (Current Employee), Apopka, FLJune 30, 2015
Ross Dress for less Inc., is a very nice place to work. The management team were always helpful to the team members. I loved the discounts that the team members received
Nice job but very little hours
sales assosiate (Former Employee), Redding, CAJune 30, 2015
Pros: management, coworkers, fast paced
Cons: hours
I loved my management and my coworkers but the hours were terrible, some weeks I would only get 4 to 8 hours. All together a nice job but not a job to live off of.
Okay Place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Pasadena CAJune 29, 2015
A lot of work , Not very much advancement . A lot of cleaning and staying after your scheduled work hours. Staff is super nice.
A great place with great people, good atmosphere, and opportunities for advancement!
Store Protection Specialist (Current Employee), Stone Mountain, GAJune 29, 2015
The great thing about Ross is you will have numerous opportunities for advancement. If you display the right mindset and work ethic, you could be promoted into managerial roles no less than a year.
co-worker
Area Supervisor (Former Employee), Grand Junction, COJune 29, 2015
Pros: employee discount, great benefits
Cons: having to work weekends
My Co-workers were great as without them we would not have become the great team that we became. Management was good with the typical red tape from corporate. I learned a lot from my time with Ross and value it all.
Fast pace work place.
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 29, 2015
Ross is a great starting company to work for. With hard work moving up in the company is attainable. Management and co workers are all very friendly and efficient. Ross is all about efficiency, Almost every task that you will do will be timed. A typical day at work for A FES (Front end supervisor) would consist of Setting up registers for cashiers, Answering phone calls, Making store announcements, Costumer service. Basically just keeping the front end of the store intact. The hardest part of the job honestly is trying to prevent theft. The more theft in the store the less payroll and without payroll there are no hours. The most enjoyable part of my job most definitely seeing how we all work together like a well oiled machine.
Retail sales associarte (Current Employee), orlando, flJune 26, 2015
Pros: monthly parties
Cons: overworked, small pay
Very productive day. Always busy. Management is okay. Small pay for a lot of work. Most people are nice. Flexible with schedule.
A job, yes. a career? NO
retail associate (Current Employee), Glendale, ArizonsJune 26, 2015
Pros: requested days off and discounts
Cons: just about everything else
This is the reason why I'm going to be extra careful before I accept a job offer.
Very low pay. So low Im better off making a living by selling stuff on amazon. The store is Messy and unorganized, seems like a tornado passes by everyday. Ridiculous rules. Costumers are rude, weird, and/or annoying. They think just because they don't work at the company they can just treat us or the merchandise any kind of way. No respect for your time. Constant pickiness and micromanaging. Time moves by slow. You obviohsly just stand and wait for time to pass .Management approves days off but will call you and ask if you can come in obviously not keeping in mind why you needed that day off in the first place.. Some managers show favoritism. One of my managers during closing will literally ask everyone but me if they need a ride home and countless times she will drive past me not even asking if I'm okay or anything. I don't need her help but this one is known to be outspoken and condescending, everyone just accepts it and I don't. The pay definitely is not worth what you go through with this company. I can say so much more but I will end up typing a memoir of how this company is awful. I honestly regret applying to this job.
Customer Service, Cashier (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAJune 26, 2015
My typical day at Top line was greeting customers, filing answering phone calls, I would receive and sort the mail and send emails it was a busy day for me
Could have been a better place to work.
Store protection specialist & Store Associate (Former Employee), Round Rock, TXJune 25, 2015
Pros: 20% discount on store merchandise
The jobs I did at Ross were Loss Prevention, and Sales Associate. The work was not difficult and at times was fun. Lots of good co-workers that I enjoyed working with, but a change in management led to my not wanting to continue being employed. The management lacked communication skills to a point of hurting the productivity of the store. There were a lot of issues with schedules and pay as well that it seemed nobody was doing anything to fix.
Productive day wokring at ross
Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJune 25, 2015
A typical day at work would be clocking in and doing the daily schedule, signing in to a register and calling the next customer in line.
I have learned how to be patient and being friendly to each customer that comes in contact with you.
Management is well oriented stays on task with everything.
My co-workers are very fun to work with and are also very friendly with customers.
The hardest part of the job would be when the store is very busy and the lines and very long because there wouldn't be enough registers open.
The most enjoyable part of the job was having fun with co-workers and customers
Fast past and productive
Cash Office Associate (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 24, 2015
A typical day at work was counting final daily closes from the day before. I didn't learn anything that I already knew. The management was disorganization with keeping track of logins and hours. They lacked communication within their team and staff. hardest part of my job was having all the drawers counted, stocked , and open in the little time I had.
Productive and fun working place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Davie, FLJune 24, 2015
Management is well oriented stays on task with everything.
The most enjoyable part of the job was having fun with co-workers and customers.
Great co workers and easy to learn jobn
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Layton, UTJune 24, 2015
Pros: Short shift
Cons: Lack of flexablilty
Customer service, cashiering, and merchandise handling, keeping to store organized and clean. Providing a friendly atmosphere for customers
Typical day at Ross
Retail Associate/Cashier/Stock Team (Former Employee), Saint Louis, MOJune 23, 2015
Pros: employee discounts
A typical day at Ross can be very enjoyable. I loved all my co-workers who were friendly and very helpful. My managers were great. I loved coming to work until my hours got shorter and shorter. I wasnt getting enough hours to take care of my son's need, so I quit and went job huntting the same day.
Awful place to work.
Cashier (Current Employee), Fort Walton Beach, FLJune 23, 2015
Pros: Coworkers
Cons: Everything else
Management sucks, low pay, no hours. There is no structure at all, and always short people. Working for this company is truly awful

1 2 3 4 5

About Ross Dress For Less

Our customers love a great deal. That makes our mission simple: to provide exciting bargains, every day, in every store. It takes – Read more

Ross Dress For Less Photos