Ross Dress For Less

Ross Dress For Less Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
nice place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), st petersburgJuly 27, 2015
Reply to email.and ,verifying depost , any issue in the building ....etc before opening , I9 HR,Communication, hard wokers clearing stockroom daily, the customers
Nice Place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 27, 2015
it is a Nice Place to work with friendly people with a lot of working hours available open early and closes Late you met a lot of interesting people and there is always opportunity to move up
Great people, wonderful management. A fun work environment.
Stocker/Cashier (Current Employee), Rocklin, CAJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Fun atmosphere, and great people
Cons: Very difficult to obtain full-time hours
I really enjoy working for this company. They give me respect, and ask for my input on company projects. I work in the back meaning early start and early finish. My favorite aspect of this job is being able to be bale to go above and beyond a customers request.
Ross
Store Protection Specialist (Former Employee), Emeryville, CAJuly 27, 2015
Willing to team up together, it's all about building healthy relationships through management and regular associates. Stopping theft all about number, little time to joke around.
i like the way they actknowledge there associates
AREA SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Avondale, AZJuly 27, 2015
at the store I worked at the need for communication was one of the major things that could have used some improvement.
I loved commig to work everyday.
the daily ralley meeting were a great idea learned a lot.
Great learning experience
Assistant Buyer II - Ladies Hosiery (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 27, 2015
Great learning experience, became a better buyer, however extremely micromanaged. Never praised for accomplishments/hard work. Stuck in same position for two and a half years.
fast paced but fun environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lemoore, CAJuly 26, 2015
Pros: good hours
Cons: low pay
extremely fast paced but the hours worked out great for me at the time and met some great people but the pay was not enough and the managers were not good in their role
Organized Environment, best for students
Cash Office and Sales Associate (Current Employee), St louisJuly 25, 2015
Pros: they are always hiring people, you get 20% discount as Ross Associate, you can learn a lot of things from here. best for students because the schedule is very comfortable, you can choose which days you can work, can be one day a week.
Cons: small pay, you have to stand all day, sometimes you get less hours, sometimes you get more depends upon how many people are working in store
a typical day at work is typically typical, just like other stores. environment is clean, and organized. managers are friendly.co workers are good. like a school you learn how to give a true customer service.
A joke of a company
Sales floor (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJuly 24, 2015
Pros: You can leave after your shift
Cons: Everything else
Ross provides an unkempt store along with paying unlivable wages and a team of unruly management that couldn't care less.
Overworked and underpaid
Sales Associate/Stock Associate (Former Employee), Knightdale, NCJuly 23, 2015
I'm not the type to bash a company and I can't speak on other people behalf but I would never work for Ross again. Low pay and underemployed. Management was horrible and unorganized. We were always understaffed.
nice place to work
FT Floor Person (Current Employee), Cicero, ILJuly 22, 2015
I loved the but some of the management team was good at first and then, management started an relationship with each other and that's when it be came to much because if you didn't do something a manager asked you to do because she was going with management she would tell he and when they made the schedule he would than cut your hours which wasn't right.
Overall Good Place to Work
Area Supervisor (Former Employee), West Lubbock, TxJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Friendly Coworkers
Cons: District Management is ever changing which can be stressful
A typical day at work is busy, you must be able to juggle a million things at once or learn how to delegate to get the job done. Very quick paced environment. All coworkers are friendly and the environment is mostly positive.
Low pay and no hours!
Retail Associate (Current Employee), Covington, GAJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Free lunch sometimes, employee double discount days
Cons: short breaks, no hours
When the schedule comes out, I will have 3 or 4 days a week. Then management will call you to tell you that the schedule has changed and now you only have 1 day that is a 4 hour shift. Not worth the time to start your car!
It is a decent place to work overall and the work atmosphere is enjoyable.
Front- end supervisor (Former Employee), Jackson, TNJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Employee discounts
Cons: the confusion the line system causes.
A typical day at work is pretty fast paced. I learned a great deal about what it is to work in retail and the different personalities you encounter on a daily basis when working behind a cash register. The management is fantastic and treats everyone fairly and with respect. The enjoyment of the jobs comes in making a customer smile and the hardest part is dealing with customers who are unfriendly and rude.
Fun and great place to work.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Carson, CAJuly 20, 2015
Great agency. Thoughtful and very cheerful to work. Loved the warehouse I was placed it. Everything was good.. managers where excelen and so where the staff.
great place to work
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), west palm beach floridaJuly 20, 2015
typical day at work includes assisting customers, running cash registers, cleaning and maintaining store appearance,
FUN WORKPLACE
Retail Associate (Former Employee), South Gate, CAJuly 20, 2015
IT IS A FUN PLACE TO WORK FOR SOMEONE WHO IS CURRENTLY IN HIGH SCHOOL OR ATTENDING COLLEGE. WORK IS FUN AND PRODUCTIVE. THE HARDEST PART MIGHT HAVE TO BE AT THE END OF THE DAY TRYING TO CLEAN THE STORE.
Fun place to work. Always Busy. Great environment
Manager (Former Employee), Lawton, OKJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Very fast pace. Great benefits
Cons: Not enough hours given to employees to accomplish tasks
Processed incoming freight. Created schedules for all associates, sometimes with limited hours from corporate. Submitted payroll. Responsible for all hiring, counseling and terminations. Controlled cash office and deposits. Had a great team. Hardest part of the job was trying to stay on top of all things in the store with limited hours for employees.
Ross Dress for Less is a fun and enjoyable place to work. I work with a very supportive team and together we get the job done.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Hampton, VAJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Double discount week. Free lunches.
Cons: Scheduling, not getting enough hours.
A typical work day at Ross includes assisting plenty of customers. Everyone loves to shop there because of the great prices. This is the most of my conversation with customers. Working at Ross for me has been an interesting introduction into the world of retail. However, I do enjoy being a part of a team that pulls together, support one another, compliment one another and at the end of the night get it done together. The most difficult part of the job I would say is not being able to accommodate a customer who may be looking for a particular item. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you know you have met a customer needs and they commend you.
Fast paced work, chill place, friendly people
Stock Associate (Former Employee), west hollywoodJuly 20, 2015
Pros: discounts, free food, working alone, not having to deal with rude customers
Cons: cancelled trucks(less days of work)
To be honest...it all depends on the manager as I've had 3 different managers working as a stock associate for almost two years(recently left) the first manager wasn't really well organized so the job was a bit more tough, the last two managers made me enjoy working for this company :) as well as the coworkers! They do make you feel like family, the pay was good... except if you're paying your own bills...you might want to look for a second job as my checks didn't come out too big(sometimes)..and at times trucks were cancelled. You get the weekends off so that was always fun!

1 2 3 4 5

About Ross Dress For Less

Our customers love a great deal. That makes our mission simple: to provide exciting bargains, every day, in every store. It takes – Read more

Ross Dress For Less Photos