Ross Dress For Less

Ross Dress For Less Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee), San FranciscoJuly 7, 2015
Pros: free meal every 2 week of 30min pay break
During my time working at Ross on my first day co workers were nice and help me out by teaching me how to ring up and the policy of returning. I managed everything during the 3rd week it was kind of easy after putting time and learning during the process. My hardest part of the job was costumers were doing returning but their items was over 30 days and they don't realize it and was expected for their change back and I solve it by like telling them they can get their full amount back as a store credit but not in cash cause their items are over 30 days.
Very Fast Paced
Associate (Current Employee), CaliforniaJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Career Growth
Cons: Short-Staffed
Ross is a very fast paced work place. Expect to work hard and maybe sweat, what I like is that there is a lot of career growth within the company, especially since it's expanding fast.
Productive an fun place, helpful people, and friendly
Stocker and Material Handler (Former Employee), Cordova, TNJuly 7, 2015
Cons: Short breaks, and lack healthcare
All happy days, everyone's happy to be apart of Ross. Great lunch breaks and fun people to work with. Hardest part was leaving Ross heading into my career.
great place to work
sales associate (Former Employee), Kapolei, HIJuly 7, 2015
I liked working here. I worked there for part time seasonal. I wasnt fast enough to be hired on. Management was nice. We got a discount and I already love Ross.
Unorganized
Store Protection Specialist (Former Employee), Hillside, ILJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Mostly stand there
Cons: Just about everything else
First job, worked there while i went to school, managers were basically regular employees needed to fill the spots who had no experience and were horrible in those positions, only the store manager is actually qualified and knows what he/she is doing.
Easy to work with in
Cash Office Associate (Current Employee), Crystal Lake, ILJuly 6, 2015
Pros: great friends, flexable hours
Cons: dose not pay enough
I have worked for this company for going on 4 years. I have had my ups and downs with this company. Some of the management team lacked learer ship skills and I beleave this is due to the fact that the will promote people who are not trained right and do not know how to run a Store. Oh the other hand there are great managers as well that have to move on because the company dose not pay people enough. If this company was willing to pay there employees more I think this place would be a great place to work for.
Fast pace working ennvironment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Clermont, FLJuly 6, 2015
A typical day at Ross Stores would be running racks which is when you take racks from the stock room and put items where they belong around the store. I learned about dealing with customers, working in a fast-paced environment and more people skills. The management was okay. My co-workers were very fun to be around, they are energetic people. The hardest part of the job would have to be cleaning up after customers. The most enjoyable part of the job would be interacting with customers.
Fun Work Place
Loss Prevention & Area Supervisor (Former Employee), Los AngelesJuly 6, 2015
Pros: benefits job security
Cons: short breaks
Fun work place nice calm work environment good people to work with sizing clothes shoes making sure that everything is clan to company standers nothing to hard just make sure no overtime and make your numbers for the day
challenging yet rewarding experience.
Cashier (Former Employee), Turlock, CAJuly 4, 2015
Pros: Very positive and professional work ethics .
Cons: seasonal, temporary employee
All staff and managers were friendly and professional. store atmosphere very productive and rewarding. Enjoyed staff and trainig very thorough and friendly staff.
progressing business
Store Manager (Former Employee), Tamarac, FLJuly 4, 2015
This was a time when most companies were thinking of creative ways to reduce benefit expenses in order to gain more profits for the share holder and to use computer statistics, investments to there advantage. The Idea was to take this computer model based on the number of staff needed for each location every hour, day and week, and reduce payroll to meet the labor and customer count/receipts. a Lot of people lost their jobs and benefits.
Ross Employment
Sales associate - Stock team (Former Employee), VisaliaJuly 3, 2015
Pros: A JOB, Great Co Workers, Great Company
Cons: None
Working for Ross Stores was an overall great experience. The true meaning behind the company s truly inspirational. Working there was hard work. Every morning we would unload freight, then process everything all in one days work. The managers pushed us and motivated us greatly as well as the co workers. The most difficult part of this job was my height although I always got my tasks done. This job made me enjoy being a part of a team and leaning to be a part of a successful company.
Managment Was Terriable
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Russellville, ARJuly 2, 2015
My experience working here was not a good one at all. There was to much drama, gossip, they didn't work with my hours, never paid me my travel pay for traveling over 1000 miles in a week, Didn't get proper training, management did not have a professional appearance, they also fired military members while on deployment.
nice place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Van Nuys, CAJuly 2, 2015
typical day at work get there punch in and start to tag & price merchandise put sensors (alarms ) on merchandice overall ross is a nice work place
production and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Alabaster, ALJuly 2, 2015
A typical day at Ross is very upbeat and fast paced. Ive learned to multitask and better utilize the resources around me to attribute to great customer service and involvement.
FUN
Retail Cashier (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 2, 2015
created customer accounts changed customer installation date expited customer requests directed customer to correct department took inbound made outbound calls
First Job
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLJuly 2, 2015
Working at Ross is probably the worst experience I have had for my first job. The whole environment of the store (Managers, co-workers) was not what I had hoped to experience for a first job.
Great Retail Experience
Jewelry Specialist (Former Employee), Downey, CAJuly 1, 2015
I enjoyed working as a jewelry specialist because I was given great responsibility. I learned how retail works and how to operate a cash register system. I learned how to showcase expensive items and how to promote jewelry decisions through sales activities.
I loved working there
Area Supervisor (Former Employee), Hayward, CAJuly 1, 2015
• Worked at Ross Dress for less as a cashier. After excelling as a cashier I was moved to a front end supervisor. Then moved up again to becoming an area supervisor in a new store.
Friendliest Management team I've ever met.
Trainer (Current Employee), Shafter, CAJune 30, 2015
At the Ross distribution center, they have the friendliest Management team I've had the pleasure of working with. HR takes care of it's employees and the incentive program seems to be all the motivation people need to work harder. The hardest part of the day would have to be trying to find work to do seeing as how the warehouse is barely starting to gain speed.
Awesome people
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee), Rock Springs, WYJune 30, 2015
Pros: employees and discounts
Cons: store manager and scheduling
The store manager isn't cut out to be there for my honest opinion she cant make a set schedule. My schedule is always changing and we are losing employees left and right due to her not wanting to work with anyone. She relies on 5 people mainly to pickup and cover the employees that quit shifts. It is a good work environment and learning experience

1 2 3 4 5

About Ross Dress For Less

Our customers love a great deal. That makes our mission simple: to provide exciting bargains, every day, in every store. It takes – Read more

Ross Dress For Less Photos