Ross Dress For Less

2.8K reviews

Ross Dress For Less Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Nice employees but unprofessional management team
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), Beaverton, ORSeptember 1, 2015
Pros: Friendly coworkers
Cons: Very low pay for managers and other hard working employees
Love all the employees and made some great friends, but management is just awful is unprofessional and seems like they don't know what they are doing.
Customer oriented and fun place to work
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee), Stillwater, OKAugust 31, 2015
Pros: 20% discount
Cons: 30 minute lunches
An average work day would consist of making sure employees have done their starts and daily duties, covering breaks and lunches in most departments, answering questions co-workers may have. I may do a – more... pull (take money out) or two from the register/s. I may run stock if need be. I also assist customers in helping them find what they need or answering questions. This is just to name a few of the duties I do on a daily basis. – less
Fun place to work.
Retail Associate (Current Employee), Two Notch road. Store #668August 31, 2015
Friiendly associates . Good management. Learned quickly with associates who helped to hone my skills quickly.Interacting with the customers is the best part of the Job.
A greet environment, with amazing co-workers
Sale Associate (Current Employee), Bakersfield,CAAugust 31, 2015
Amazing management with friendly co-workers that make you look forward to work the next following day. Everyday is a learning experience while working for Ross Dress for Less. The most enjoyable part about working for this company, is the customers. They make my day brighter when I help them find the right products they are looking for.
busy, productive
Cashier, Sales (Current Employee), Oakland, CAAugust 31, 2015
Lots of customers throughout the day. Always plenty of work to do. A good team of co-workers who have good work ethnic. Have learned a lot more about the retail business from working there and the challenges that the company have to go through.
Fast work environment, flexible hours, conflicting management, little pay
Stock Lead (Current Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 29, 2015
Pros: Fast work environment
Cons: Too many managers with contradicting views, low pay
The job itself is fun and fast paced but the little pay and the work politics when juggling with multiple supervisors, managers, and district managers really makes the job less rewarding as a whole.
not a good place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 28, 2015
the management was not organized. They did not keep up with the paper work and their was confusion of scheduling. The hours were not stretched properly.
Fun and student friendly place to work
Stock Associate (Former Employee), Ocala, FLAugust 27, 2015
They are always welling to help college students so far as hours and work scheduling. The hardest part of the job was sometimes being to busy to finish all the stocking assignments before time to leave.
I enjoyed it
Customer Service/ cashier (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXAugust 27, 2015
It was only a temp job but as i was there it was fun . I love helping customer with what they need and many be add a little more thing to help them in what they were buying
I work here in christmas time it was so much fun help customer with idea for there loved ones my co-workers and boss at the time were great we worked as a team.
busy days
cashier (Former Employee), PacoimaAugust 26, 2015
A lot of busy days so you have to be quick. The staff was friendly always helped me out when i needed help. Sometimes there was too little staff and a lot of customers
easy job
stocker (Former Employee), College Station, TXAugust 26, 2015
Pros: low hours... everyday 12:15-4:15pm
Cons: cool people to work with.... easy job
Clock in go into the stock room help unload boxes and put the materials in the correct blue ben or hummer after unloading the boxes and putting the materials in the correct spot each stock member take a blue been or a hummer and put the materials on the shevles after that you can clock out . They pay you 9 in hour
Nice place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Vernon Hills ILAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Awesome People.
Cons: Too little hours.
Nice place to work, friendly people, team workers, good training, and the most important thing is that they understand your when you have a personal problem and they try really hard to help you. they are pretty understandable with employees needs.
Great Part-time work
Cashier, Stockroom Attendant (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 26, 2015
Basic pay, lots of work, plenty of breaks and great customers. Its wonderful part-time work when you need it. Not a lot of room to move up within the company.
Bad management
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Lady Lake FLAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Easy Job
Cons: Horrible Managment
Bad choice in hiring managers for payroll benefits. They use good employees to do managment work without having to pay more or offer benefits
Very fun place to work and they care for their workers.
STOCKROOM ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Vancouver, WAAugust 25, 2015
I personally enjoyed working here. Not only were the workers great and the environment is fun to work in, but the company actually takes care of you which is a huge plus for me. They even show appreciation for all the hard work you put in for them.
Ineffective management and procedures
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Signal Hill, CAAugust 25, 2015
Coworkers and assistant managers are pleasant and helpful but the manager is irrational and put in place ineffective procedures that we are never allowed to deviate from. You barely get any hours and the pay is dismal.
Customer Service
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee), Folsom, CAAugust 25, 2015
I enjoyed the fast paced environment. There was never a dull moment. I learned to oversee the cashiers and coach them. I enjoyed my co-workers and teaching them. Hardest part of the job was coaching in a positive way so not to discourage my coworker. I was able to learn to understand personalities in order to approach each individual in a way that would be positive for them.
Productive and Social workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Orland Park, ILAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Work Schedule
Cons: None
Gave Exceptional Customer Service. Learned how to Merchandise and Display Products. Also worked on Computer point of sale Scanning Equipment. Assisted Customers in Purchasing Items. Answered any Customer Concerns.
overall a good place to work
Front end Supervisor (Former Employee), Spring, TXAugust 25, 2015
flexible schedule
great part time benefits
managers were great to work with
friendly customers
some supervisors thought they were more superior than others overall
had no complaints
Ross is a good place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Burleson, TXAugust 23, 2015
I am happy to work for ross and I give everything I have when I go in to make sure I am always following guidelines, I enjoy problem solving and helping the customers each day
Industry