Responsible for the proper and professional preparation of all beverages for all Reflections guests. Responsible for taking food and beverage orders, retrieving and serving alcoholic, non-alcoholic beverages and food orders to guest tables according to Rosewood Hotel Georgia specifications, courteously and efficiently. Collecting payment from guests, processing the bills in a timely manner and following proper cash handling procedures. Responsible for attending briefings, seminars, etc. to educate themselves about our products, our property and our standards. To make sure all shift duties are complete and sections are maintained to hotel standards. Participate in the ongoing maintenance and cleanliness of Reflections.
- Tends bar and prepares drinks for customers as per standard recipes
- Cleans and prepares bar for closing
- Maintains bar cleanliness throughout shift.
- Takes inventory and order supplies and maintains kegs.
- Maintains cash float.
- Correctly submit consumption reports of all beverages items
- Follows all breakage and spillage procedures
- Ensure correct ordering procedures and inter bar transfers are adhered to.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies, service procedures and standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of equipment use and ensuring constant maintenance and upkeep of items.
- Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive internal and external guests relations at all times.
- Takes pride in personal appearance and follows hotel grooming guidelines and dress code
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction. Asking for management assistant where necessary.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation, maintenance and organization of assigned work area
- Be familiar with all the Hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Maintain complete knowledge of:
o sections and table numbers, room capacity, hours of operation, proper table set-up and dress code of the lounge.
o all liquor brands, listed and non-listed cocktails, beers and non-alcoholic selections, correct glassware and garnishes.
o the particular characteristics and description of every wine/champagne by the glass and wines on the wine list.
o all menu items, prices, preparation method/time, major ingredients and quality standards, taste, appearance, texture, serving temperature, garnish and method of presentation.
o Micros P.O.S. and manual systems.
- Complete opening side duties as assigned:
o Check quality and amount of all stock and supplies using checklist.
o Requisition all necessary supplies and transport from storeroom to the Reflections Lounge.
o Set up proper mise for bar and work stations.
o Ensure a sufficient supply of all glassware for service
o Check cleanliness and condition of assigned station and service areas; rectify any deficiencies.
- Take guests' food and beverage orders, utilizing suggestive selling techniques.
- Aide in the service and hospitality of all Reflections and hotel guests at all times
- Proactive in prevention of complaints and ensuring guests satisfaction in all areas of the outlet. If areas need help, assist and inform manager.
- Record order of guest on proper seat and table numbers.
- Input order into system and ensure transmission of food orders is verified by the Culinary Department.
- Open and serve wine/champagne bottles with proper presentation and service technique
- Make and serve all varieties of coffee.
- Serve all food courses and non-alcoholic beverage items to the guest.
- Ensure proper mise en place and bar maintenance.
- Maintain cleanliness and tidiness of all front and back of house areas
- Present guest checks and process payments.
- Adhere to payment, cash handling and credit policies/procedures.
- Extend appreciation for guest’s patronage and invite them to return.
- Clean and reset bar top and assigned tables immediately after guest departs.
- Collect and report tips at the end of the assigned shift.
- Complete closing side duties:
o Properly breakdown and store all reusable goods.
o Clean all equipment.
o Restock items for next service.
o Complete assigned closing duties
- Report to supervisor before leaving the floor
- Perform all other reasonable job related duties
- Experience: Minimum 2 year’s experience of bartending in at an upscale restaurant or lounge. Hotel experience is an asset.
- Education: High school diploma. Diploma/degree in Hospitality Management or Mixology preferred with proven record in delivering operating results in high volume operations in a luxury property.
- General Skills: Must be able to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy; prioritize, organize and follow-up; be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment; follow directions thoroughly; understand a guest’s service needs; work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team; work with minimal supervision; maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data. Flexibility in shifts.
- Technical Skills: Certificate from an accredited bartending/mixology school and Serving It Right Certification. Excellent knowledge of beverage preparation of classic cocktails, mixed drinks, wines & spirits. Excellent knowledge of beer, wines & spirits, food & beverage menus. Minimum 2 years experience with point of sale machines and knowledge of MICROS an asset.
- Language: Required to speak, read and write English. Knowledge of additional language is an asset.
- Physical Requirements: Must be able to exert physical effort in transporting 75 pounds, endure various physical movements throughout the work areas, reach up and down, remain stationary at times throughout work periods, and satisfactorily communicate with guests and co-workers to their understanding.
- Licenses & Certifications: Serving It Right Certification. FoodSafe and/or a certificate from an accredited bartending, mixology or hospitality school an asset.
This is a Regular position.
TO APPLY, please visit the Careers tab on our website www.rosewoodhotels.com/en/careers and apply online. You will be required to create a profile and upload your resume and cover letter.
Indeed - 6 months ago