Rosetta Stone Employee Reviews

Lexia--Good program, poor management
PLF (Former Employee) –  US16 May 2017
I worked for Lexia as a PLF. The position and the expectations are reasonable. However, the company is poorly managed and there is a lack of communication between PLFs and managers. Much of this is because everyone is not meant to be a manager (poor communication, unclear expectations/intentions). The company also seems to play favorites where expectations, in terms of presentation and style, for some PLFs are greater than others. You may shadow other PLFs and see that they present in the same way that you do or worst, but then you are critiqued more harshly. Favoritism and lack of clear expectations is bad for morale and can make the work inconsistent.

The running theme (code for excuse) is that the company is facing growing pains. Of course, there are challenges as a company grows but through better planning and communication much of the foolishness could be avoided. I would NOT recommend working for this company in the immediate future.
Loved working at this job...lots of perks!
Kiosk Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VA10 April 2017
We always had music playing in the warehouse and it just made made the day go by so nice! It was really fast paced and that made the days go by really well also!
Pros
The vendors always brought us food!
Cons
Honestly...this job really didnt have any cons!
So much potential
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Virtual29 March 2017
General consensus is that the company was trying to save itself at the expense of people and product. Complete lack of innovation (for a software company) and very little by way of professional development.
Pros
Ability to work from home
Cons
Overpaid managers who don't care about people
Fun work
Spanish Latino America Coach (Current Employee) –  Virginia1 February 2017
Rosetta Stone is a fantastic place to work. But it is a part time job without benefits.It is the most enjoyable place to work. The management is good. The learners will have a very good system to learn.
Pros
It is fun to work
Cons
No benefits and few hours for working
great company to work for paid the bills
Shipping Lead (Former Employee) –  Mount Crawford, VA14 December 2016
Rosetta stone treated us employees fare. I learned how to ship all over the country. gained a lot of experience in shipping and receiving. working for this company improved my communication skills.
Pros
vacation time
Cons
had to work every new years eve til midnight
Supportive and Goal Driven Environment
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA5 December 2016
My managers are a strong component of my success.

Rosetta Stone is a great company.

The best part of my job is my co workers.

For me the tough part is not being directly connected to the purpose of my job which is to support the language learners in school districts in CA.
Pros
Access to Rosetta Stone
Fun place to work
Associate Manager, Sales Operations (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VA10 November 2016
Rosetta Stone is committed to making sure that learning languages is fun, easy and accessible. The atmosphere is laid back and the teams all combine together to make sure the job gets done.
Loved working here!
Intern (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VA30 September 2016
I grew up with the company with my father working there and have always been passionate about the success of the overall brand. I would recommend working here to anyone who has the opportunity.
Pros
Fast paced and Encouraging environment
Great company with alot of perks.
Manager (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FL4 September 2016
I managed and mentored 4 sales agents under me to meet the standards of selling the product and acquiring a strong customer base.

Rosetta Stone helps people learn a different language, so as employee's, we got the product for free. I learned the best way to sell the product for customers looking to learn a new language.

I was store(kiosk) manager, and the upper management were awesome.

My co-workers were great people who worked hard to sell the product.

Hardest part of my job was the downtime, when the mall would get slow.

Best part was running the demo of out product and seeing a customer learn a few words in the language they are interested in.
Pros
Learning a new language and helping customers to experience the product
Cons
Slow days.
French Managing an American Company in China
Managing Director (Current Employee) –  Shanghai , Beijing14 July 2016
Interesting Challenge to manage around 100 collaborators in two location ( shanghai , Beijing ), and different fonctions ( Sale , Marketing , Service, R&D, admin) .

As French even after 9 years in China, the culture difference is still there, working with american management also bring lot of difference . Flexibility and communication are key to succeed in this kind of position.
Pros
American Marketing and processes
Cons
conference call with HQ during the night .
Big Tech Company in a Small Place
Client Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VA12 April 2016
Rosetta is a good place to work in terms of internal movement, however you must be a self-starter in networking and communication as the communication between departments is cumbersome at best.
Great company
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VA24 March 2016
I learned a lot during this employment. It helped me build fundamental skills while I was attending college. If you plan to stay in this career path it is a great choice. Many abilities to advance.
Pros
Great work enviorment company care about employees
Cons
Nothing comes to mind
Very rewarding experience.
Education and Training Consultant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ5 February 2016
Very supportive and nurturing environment for students and employees.

Management was supportive and provided the resources needed to help me to be successful.
Pros
variety of work
Cons
Horrible company to work for.
Account Manager- Higher Education (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA23 November 2015
There was no honesty during the interview process. Many things were promised and the company did not deliver. Basically this company is not one I would ever recommend.
cadre agreable
Marketing Assistant / Teacher (Former Employee) –  Osaka , Japan2 October 2015
cadre de travail agreable, salaire moyen, management tres politique peu a l'ecoute de ses employes
fun workplace
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CA24 August 2015
for people that want to travel abroad an to learn the local language there is no better solution to provide for those situations..
Great Working Environment
Accounts Receivable Associate (Current Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VA17 August 2015
The people I worked with were fantastic. My management team was amazing as well. It's a place you don't dread going to when you wake up.

I had to reconcile accounts, document and record payments that came in. I had to make sure that our Customer Care entered refunds correctly and apply the refund invoice to the payment invoice. I had to challenge charge backs and send documentation to our banks to fight it. When customers would update their credit card, I would have to pull a report and go through each account and change the card attached manually.

I accepted phone calls from other departments when a customer had a billing inquiry about their account.
Pros
Friendly company
Cons
Healthcare, Upper Management changed too often.
Great learning and productive enviornment
QE Manager (Former Employee) –  Stone, ENG10 July 2015
Great learning and productive cycles. implementation of new technology and stacks, good for learning and development as your role grows.
A great american brand going down
Director of Sales and Operations-C&E (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ6 July 2015
I spent enough time there to realize that RST does not understand language training. They know how to market and sell to consumers, but thats it.New CEO suggestion to improve RST was to not use color copies.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Dont know what they are doing
Slow and painful death
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VA28 March 2015
Rosetta Stone is a great company, but it's ran by some really ridiculous people.. Which really paints a negative experience for their employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rosetta Stone. Our community is ready to answer.