Rosetta Stone

Rosetta Stone Employee Reviews

Great company
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAMarch 24, 2016
I learned a lot during this employment. It helped me build fundamental skills while I was attending college. If you plan to stay in this career path it is a great choice. Many abilities to advance.
Pros
Great work enviorment company care about employees
Cons
Nothing comes to mind
Big Tech Company in a Small Place
Client Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAApril 12, 2016
Rosetta is a good place to work in terms of internal movement, however you must be a self-starter in networking and communication as the communication between departments is cumbersome at best.
Very rewarding experience.
Education and Training Consultant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 5, 2016
Very supportive and nurturing environment for students and employees.

Management was supportive and provided the resources needed to help me to be successful.
Pros
variety of work
Cons
Horrible company to work for.
Account Manager- Higher Education (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 23, 2015
There was no honesty during the interview process. Many things were promised and the company did not deliver. Basically this company is not one I would ever recommend.
Great Working Environment
Accounts Receivable Associate (Current Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAAugust 17, 2015
The people I worked with were fantastic. My management team was amazing as well. It's a place you don't dread going to when you wake up.

I had to reconcile accounts, document and record payments that came in. I had to make sure that our Customer Care entered refunds correctly and apply the refund invoice to the payment invoice. I had to challenge charge backs and send documentation to our banks to fight it. When customers would update their credit card, I would have to pull a report and go through each account and change the card attached manually.

I accepted phone calls from other departments when a customer had a billing inquiry about their account.
Pros
Friendly company
Cons
Healthcare, Upper Management changed too often.
A great american brand going down
Director of Sales and Operations-C&E (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 6, 2015
I spent enough time there to realize that RST does not understand language training. They know how to market and sell to consumers, but thats it.New CEO suggestion to improve RST was to not use color copies.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Dont know what they are doing
fun workplace
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 24, 2015
for people that want to travel abroad an to learn the local language there is no better solution to provide for those situations..
Great learning and productive enviornment
QE Manager (Former Employee) –  Stone, ENGJuly 10, 2015
Great learning and productive cycles. implementation of new technology and stacks, good for learning and development as your role grows.
Language learning computer software
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJanuary 4, 2015
Manage product sales and demonstrations
Account for daily financial transactions
Interface with customers, products, and management
Pros
using the software to parctice my foreign language education
Cons
this job was located at a kiosk in the center of a large shopping mall.
Fun work atmosphere, with a great work, family balance
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  ARAugust 14, 2014
Responsible for tracking and managing customer, institutions and corporate account inquiries and payments. Maintain records and monitor customer’s accounts. Help resolve customers issues with their program and their accounts. Provides outstanding customer service through the phone. While working well independently and with co-workers.
wonderful learning enviornment with tough sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 6, 2013
With Rosetta Stone it was an expensive product to sale and had to find very interesting ways to close customers on a product that cost close to 1000. It was a very fun job because we learned to speak and show different languages to a large customer basis. Hardest part of the job would be the closing techniques to get customers to walk that day with a language set. I learned how to close customers in a suttle but very aggressive way.
Pros
great commission pay and great hours
Cons
management was not up to par
Rewarding work helping others to enhance their goals
Former Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FloridaApril 15, 2013
Set the point of sale to set the best of the traffic by showing how the product can help learning a language the easy and fastest way with no hurdles or even speaking barriers, by ourselves or as a team with our co-workers. Tough times are slow months where marketing should have done a better approach through different channels to leverage the need of learning a new language. It is so rewarding when you see the glowing face of the customer that tells you there is a click between them and the product to close asale the best way.
Pros
to learn a language for free at your own pace
Cons
low marketing support for int'l traffic
Great people, inept management
Researcher (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAApril 25, 2013
Rosetta Stone is awesome at hiring. They recruited some of the smartest and nicest people I have ever worked with.
However, they suffer from a management team that can't decide what it wants to do, and oh, they want it yesterday. Pay is lower than similar companies, and they often have massive layoffs, after which, they expect the remaining people to do 4x the work for no increase in pay.
Pros
people, free bagels on fridays
Cons
poor management, short-sighted decision making
Not a great place to work.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX.May 9, 2012
A typical day at work consists of maintaining a presence at a kiosk, and trying to cultivate sales in language learning software. Everything about this job leaves much to be desired. The hardest part of the job is to actually make any money at all. The most enjoyable part of the job would be meeting some interesting people from time to time, some of which hold celebrity status in the TV and/or the film industry.
Pros
i can learn a language virtually for free.
Cons
not enough hours or pay.
pay was ok
Language Learning Consultant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta AirportMay 22, 2012
if you were lucky enough to be on concourse B or E then you were going to do fine but there are 6 kiosks there and you were the only one there i barely had the chance to take a break and if so it was only a 15 minute break..you cant bring your own lunch because of TSA and there is no fridge obviously passengers act like you are not there they will walk right over you and your mostly going to be giving directions..if you hit your average you will get commission. but the next month they will raise your average expectation so you wont get commission that next month.i had to leave.
Pros
chance to get commission
Cons
short breaks no benefits
The Unfortunate Decline of a Once Great Place to Work
Product Developer (Former Employee) –  HarrisonburgJuly 17, 2013
Rosetta Stone was once a great place to work. Wonderful coworkers, brilliant developers, interesting challenges, and strong mission. I'm afraid those days have now passed. Now the mission is muddled, there are few people making things of interest, and management seems more interested in flash than substance. Vanishingly few people in product management understand language, language learning, or the education market in general. It is a remarkably frustrating place to work.
Pros
the people working on the product (past and present).
Cons
utterly incompetent senior management, no planning, no follow-through on objectives, and no understanding of the business or the products.
Productive and Oprotunity to Explore
Sr Technical Support Executive (Current Employee) –  HyderabadSeptember 11, 2012
Rosetta Stone is a language learning software, It is a wonderful experience working with Rosetta Stone.
I got opportunity to learn many languages.
I worked with people around different countries.
I am part of Institutional Team, we deal with Organizations and Institutions. It is very challenging, have to make sure to prove 100% customer satisfaction to customers.
Received many appreciations from Clients.
Excellent opportunities and ability to learn a language.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJune 10, 2013
Usually started in the morning around 9am. Opened the kiosk and prepared it for the day ahead and the shift following the morning. Engaged daily with customers from many different backgrounds and languages. Gave basic Q&A's on the program and it's abilities and had the customer get hands on with the product.

At the end of the day, we tallied sales and send reports to the regional manager about our sales and customers. Closed roughly around 11pm.

The hardest part was meeting quotas, with a few hundred dollar program; in a place like the mall.

The easiest part was talking to customers, which comes natural.
Pros
excellent hours, laid back atmosphere and no required dress code.
Cons
horrible management.
RACIST BIGOTS
Sales assoc. (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 9, 2012
THEY JUST FOUND A WAY TO MAKE MONEY . ONLY THE WHITE PEOPLE HAVE MGMT. POSITIONS. THEY ARE JUST OUT TO MAKE MONEY OFF OF THE MINORITY COMMUNITY ! THEY DO NOT GIVE PEOPLE OF COLOR , FULL TIME HOURS.
Pros
you can study different languages, as an employee you pay only $ 20.00 bucks for the software product, they sell the product to customers for $700.00, highway robbery !
Cons
they only give you 2 or 3 hrs. 2 days a week . you cannot make any money there.
Great income potential and the opportunity to learn new languages.
Area Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 29, 2012
A typical day at work involves doing in-store demos, writing emails to prospective customers, using the program to learn languages. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping people achieve their language learning goals. The hardest part of the job is the down time that can occur.
Pros
free access to the software, great 401k plan.
Cons
no breaks

2.9