Roots Employee Reviews

nice to work with
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 June 2017
A good company with alot of growth, good people and great product. loved working for them and might again some day. treated well and good work life balance.
this is my review
Customer sales and support (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 June 2017
a typical day of work for me is going to work and folding clothing at this point in time. I havent had much oppurtunities of job offers from using this website but i still keep on trying.
Pros
easy way to apply for a job
Cons
doesnt always get me help in this recession
Good company
Sales/ Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 May 2017
Managed pretty well. The employees are friendly and a good work environment. Good opportunities to move up in the company as well. Would definitely recommend to anyone
Simple and enjoyable place to work.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON16 May 2017
This is a highly enjoyable job for beginning or experienced workers. The job is very inclusive and management is understanding and looking to help you grow. The culture in this company is very welcoming.
Pros
Tasks duable
Cons
Little available hours
Cool
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 May 2017
Difficult environment to work in, employee's are rarely treated with appropriate level of respect. Pay is minimal, managers can be disrespectful and immature. Benefits: great surrounding associates.
Pros
some decent managers, good discount
Cons
pay, no benefits, management, written up for everything
Productive environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON27 April 2017
As a sales associate during the summer, some days were busier than others. Management and co-workers were pleasant. I enjoyed interacting with customers on a daily basis.
Great Work Enviroment
Full Time Sales Lead and Key Holder (Current Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC23 February 2017
Enjoy working at Roots, the staff is great and the company is very organized. Everyone works as a team and meets all the goals for the day. Benefits are great aswell
Pros
Flexiable hours
Cons
n/a
Amazing Staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 January 2017
amazing team, great management.

We were always kept up to date on the latest styles, and products..

relocation was easy and simple.

Changing windows sucked, but comes with the job to no complaints
Pros
50% of all merch. Flexable Hours
Cons
No Raises, unless you got a promotion
productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC13 October 2016
Roots ia a fantastic place of work. i learned my new skills there and had no problems with my shifts and the people who worked there. everyone was very friendly and made it a very enjoyable place.
Pros
building many custumer relationships
nice workplace
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC23 October 2015
I start my sales job at Roots is July 9th 2015, I learned how to assist customers, how to give a right suggestion to customers, how to convince customers, how to solve the conflict between co-workers and forth. the management is good but not rigorous, manager are kind and always thinking about staffs. In my way, working here is not hard, the hardest part is how to speak right. When I communicating to customer, co-worker or manager, I have to understand what kind words I can use or not, and what tone should be. Working here is really happy, every part is great.
Pros
like a family
Cons
the management should be more rigorous

Want to know more about Roots?

Ask a question
Fun work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 September 2015
Enjoyed my time working here. Usually a fast paced work environment with great clientele as well as good benefits. I appreciate their attention to detail.
Great workplace with creat products.
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON15 September 2015
Roots was an enjoyable employment experience. My only reason for leaving this position was our store closure. We had a fantastic product that made for an easy and honest sale. That along with a reliable and strong customer base made a wonderful customer service experience all around.
Pros
great work enviornment
Cons
store closure
Very easy to balance with Life
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 August 2015
Awesome people. Great way to learn about being a good sales associate and the community that shops at your store. You can go advance very well into management.
Pros
Work life Balance, Job Culture, good discounts
Easy, Fun, not challenging enough
sales (Former Employee) –  square one location14 July 2015
my day would consist of helping customers, keeping the store to proper Roots standards and always keeping busy when not assisting a customer. I learned that making the customer feel welcomed and being approachable by giving a compliment or small talk opens the client to allow you to help them, thus making a sale. Management was very poor, unorganized and not acceptable in our society today.However my co-worker were always harder workers and never had issues with. hardest part of the job was not being challenged, most enjoyable was making sales because it's easy to interact with customers.
Pros
wearing roots clothing, working in a mall, environment, learning new working skills.
Cons
buying clothing every 2 weeks for work, very far from home.
Roots73
Stock Supervisor/ Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 July 2015
Typical day at work would be checking incoming shipments and proper processing of shipments on a timely basis. Effectively communicate with the staff and management on the selling floor to ensure new merchandise is put out on the floor or back stock is replenished. Organize and maintain the stockroom to ensure a continuous flow of merchandise on the selling floor.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
Salary advancement
Sales focused environment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 March 2015
A very sales focused atmosphere, with great quality Canadian products. Very environmentally aware; offers customers a variety of products that are eco friendly.
Pros
Great quality products
Cons
Company policies and expectations not consistent
Good honest company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON26 February 2015
Good company to work for. Can be very strict and hard on employees. Some policies are questionable, but are required to be followed.
Great co-workers.
Cashier / Stock (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 December 2014
- Sign in, get your job for the day and any deals the store is having, help customers, ring them in on the cash if they're buying something, sign them up for emails, do that about twenty times, sign off.

- Repetitive day everyday but your team makes it fun.

- Could've been way better.

- Best ones I've ever worked with.

- Repetitive cleaning of the same table.

- Break.
Pros
Free Lunches on special work days.
Cons
New manager was terrible.
Friendly Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, On30 October 2014
I would start my day off by looking in the stock room for any merchandise that could be placed on the store floor, making sure that there was enough colour and sizes of each clothing item.
I would then assist customers to purchase the merchandise by getting specific sizes and colours in order to meet their demands.
We would then proceed to cash out which I would also do.

I learned that a workplace could be a fun environment with the right people that have the right attitude. Work didn't seem like work while at Roots.

Management is all friendly and are adaptable to your schedules but are still stern when they needed a job to be done.

Coworkers were all friendly. We did activities outside of work which helped us bond and grow as a group of friends rather than coworkers.

The most enjoyable part of the job were the people that I worked with because we enjoyed each others company and customers could tell that we were close knit.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 October 2014
Christmas was my favorite time of the year to work at roots because it was always busy.