Roots

Roots Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Easy, Fun, not challenging enough
sales (Former Employee), square one locationJuly 14, 2015
Pros: wearing roots clothing, working in a mall, environment, learning new working skills.
Cons: buying clothing every 2 weeks for work, very far from home.
my day would consist of helping customers, keeping the store to proper Roots standards and always keeping busy when not assisting a customer. I learned that making the customer feel welcomed and being approachable by giving a compliment or small talk opens the client to allow you to help them, thus making a sale. Management was very poor, unorganized and not acceptable in our society today.However my co-worker were always harder workers and never had issues with. hardest part of the job was not being challenged, most enjoyable was making sales because it's easy to interact with customers.
Roots73
Stock Supervisor/ Sales associate (Current Employee), Montréal, QCJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Good working environment
Cons: Salary advancement
Typical day at work would be checking incoming shipments and proper processing of shipments on a timely basis. Effectively communicate with the staff and management on the selling floor to ensure new merchandise is put out on the floor or back stock is replenished. Organize and maintain the stockroom to ensure a continuous flow of merchandise on the selling floor.
Sales focused environment
Store Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Great quality products
Cons: Company policies and expectations not consistent
A very sales focused atmosphere, with great quality Canadian products. Very environmentally aware; offers customers a variety of products that are eco friendly.
Good honest company
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Milton, ONFebruary 26, 2015
Good company to work for. Can be very strict and hard on employees. Some policies are questionable, but are required to be followed.
Great co-workers.
Cashier / Stock (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 30, 2014
Pros: free lunches on special work days.
Cons: new manager was terrible.
- Sign in, get your job for the day and any deals the store is having, help customers, ring them in on the cash if they're buying something, sign them up for emails, do that about twenty times, sign off.

- Repetitive day everyday but your team makes it fun.

- Could've been way better.

- Best ones I've ever worked with.

- Repetitive cleaning of the same table.

- Break.
Friendly Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Markham, OnOctober 30, 2014
I would start my day off by looking in the stock room for any merchandise that could be placed on the store floor, making sure that there was enough colour and sizes of each clothing item.
I would then assist customers to purchase the merchandise by getting specific sizes and colours in order to meet their demands.
We would then proceed to cash out which I would also do.

I learned that a workplace could be a fun environment with the right people that have the right attitude. Work didn't seem like work while at Roots.

Management is all friendly and are adaptable to your schedules but are still stern when they needed a job to be done.

Coworkers were all friendly. We did activities outside of work which helped us bond and grow as a group of friends rather than coworkers.

The most enjoyable part of the job were the people that I worked with because we enjoyed each others company and customers could tell that we were close knit.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 21, 2014
Christmas was my favorite time of the year to work at roots because it was always busy.
productive workplace
Sales Associate/ Stock (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 20, 2014
Great environment overall , I loved coming to work everyone brought a positive attitude day in and day out.
fun workplace
Sales associate (Former Employee), eaton center torontoOctober 18, 2014
Pros: making new friendséclients
Cons: long hours low compensation
this position was sufficient to maintain sales experience, i was making the company over 50k a month in sales and not getting compensated for it properly. the politics and rules for retail isnt anything i want to work for
Easy job
QC (Current Employee), Montréal, QCMay 30, 2014
Pros: you get 50% off
Cons: you do not get a break if you work 5hrs or less
Nice working environment although management and staff can be superficial.
Fun and exciting.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 28, 2014
Deal with new clients on a regular basis. Must meet a given weekly sale goal. Prizes for highest in sales. Great team. Great Canadian Company.
A Quality Company to Work For
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONNovember 29, 2013
Pros: opportunities for quick advancement, reasonable salary
Cons: hard to balance job work/life, job security
Job is fun, work load is reasonable and for the most part as long as self-motivated, can be enjoyable. Management always had my back when making decisions for the store. Some associates did not appreciate the challenge to meet the company standards and abide by policies and procedures.
Fun, productive workplace
Canada LTD Employee (Current Employee), Robson & BurrardAugust 11, 2013
A typical day at work includes receiving boxes, unpacking boxes to sort what goes on the floor, maintaining the standards of the stockroom, transferring items out of the store to other locations, receive/file paperwork.
While working with Roots for several years, I have had the pleasure to gain experience with: quality of customer service, handling the cashier, gained experience in my strong organization skills, learnt to work in a fast pace environment with effective time management skills. It's very important to get along with your co-workers, and to have open communication with each other.
Fun Place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), TorontoJune 25, 2012
Pros: 50% discount on expensive clothing
Cons: you don't get an allowance to buy your work clothes.
A typical day would start out with me entering the shop and cleaning the store whilst awaiting for the daily deliveries to arrive. I would receive, sort and put away the shipment of merchandise. Once I had finished I would then go out on to the shop floor and help sell the product. I enjoyed working there because the management team was fun and a pleasure to work for. I learnt a lot about myself, how I'm able to manage people and good ways to sell a product. The job did become hard when it was a peak period as I would receive 80 boxes of merchandise.
awsomeplace
assistant manager (Former Employee), calgary,abMarch 13, 2012
Pros: amazing management
roots gave me a chance to learn everything in the store.i have handled from customer service to managerial level stuff without any hesitations the top management is very supportive as well.
Environnement de travail agréable
Associée aux ventes (Former Employee), MontréalFebruary 5, 2014
L'environnement de travail est agréable, l'équipe de gestion est compréhensive et n'hésite pas à le faire savoir lorsqu'elle est contente du travail effectuée.