Roots

Roots Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Easy job
QC (Current Employee), Montréal, QCMay 30, 2014
Pros: you get 50% off
Cons: you do not get a break if you work 5hrs or less
Nice working environment although management and staff can be superficial.
Fun and exciting.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 28, 2014
Deal with new clients on a regular basis. Must meet a given weekly sale goal. Prizes for highest in sales. Great team. Great Canadian Company.
A Quality Company to Work For
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONNovember 29, 2013
Pros: opportunities for quick advancement, reasonable salary
Cons: hard to balance job work/life, job security
Job is fun, work load is reasonable and for the most part as long as self-motivated, can be enjoyable. Management always had my back when making decisions for the store. Some associates did not appreciate the challenge to meet the company standards and abide by policies and procedures.
Fun, productive workplace
Canada LTD Employee (Current Employee), Robson & BurrardAugust 11, 2013
A typical day at work includes receiving boxes, unpacking boxes to sort what goes on the floor, maintaining the standards of the stockroom, transferring items out of the store to other locations, receive/file paperwork.
While working with Roots for several years, I have had the pleasure to gain experience with: quality of customer service, handling – more... the cashier, gained experience in my strong organization skills, learnt to work in a fast pace environment with effective time management skills. It's very important to get along with your co-workers, and to have open communication with each other. – less
Great Company Culture
Accessories Design Intern (Current Employee), Toronto, ONTJuly 10, 2012
Pros: creative work, fast paced
Cons: remote location
As an intern I may have been removed from some of the acute stresses of full time employment, but my time at roots has been a wonderful experience. My boss was friendly and accomodating and the facilities are clean and pleasant. The hardest part of the job is the commute by public transit. The best part of the job was the creativity and being able to – more... be surrounded by fashion! – less
Having working experience in planning designing and execution of work
Deputy-Manager Projects & Planning (Current Employee), Bangalore, KADecember 16, 2013
Each project gives good learning knowledge and gives knowledge in solving problems.
Great job very rewarding.
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 7, 2013
Pros: i never stop learning new things.
Cons: longs hours somedays.
My typical days starts with checking my email and responding to clients. Ordering records from state and government archives. Inputting data into family trees, accounting, dealing with vendors and contractors.
I learned about genealogy, some Italian speaking and writing, how to read 100 year old documents. Improved my computer skills 10 fold.
My co-workers – more... are great people.
Hardest part is reading 100 year old Italian docs.
My most enjoyable part is sharing our discoveries with our clients about their family history.
Management is great. – less
Fun Place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), TorontoJune 25, 2012
Pros: 50% discount on expensive clothing
Cons: you don't get an allowance to buy your work clothes.
A typical day would start out with me entering the shop and cleaning the store whilst awaiting for the daily deliveries to arrive. I would receive, sort and put away the shipment of merchandise. Once I had finished I would then go out on to the shop floor and help sell the product. I enjoyed working there because the management team was fun and a pleasure – more... to work for. I learnt a lot about myself, how I'm able to manage people and good ways to sell a product. The job did become hard when it was a peak period as I would receive 80 boxes of merchandise. – less
awsomeplace
assistant manager (Former Employee), calgary,abMarch 13, 2012
Pros: amazing management
roots gave me a chance to learn everything in the store.i have handled from customer service to managerial level stuff without any hesitations the top management is very supportive as well.
Environnement de travail agréable
Associée aux ventes (Former Employee), MontréalFebruary 5, 2014
L'environnement de travail est agréable, l'équipe de gestion est compréhensive et n'hésite pas à le faire savoir lorsqu'elle est contente du travail effectuée.
Excelente
Promotora (Former Employee), Mar del Plata, BDecember 6, 2013
Buena predisposicion y organización de la agencia. Buen asesoramiento de la supervisora.