Roots Employee Reviews

Best Work Place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 January 2018
I am working in Roots for 30 hrs / weeks.
I am learning lots of things such as how to sale and serve customer.
Actually i can adjust easily in Roots. Because all of people who is cowker and manager tried to close with me and teach easily for me. So i can close with them quickly.
I am enjoying to serve customer. Always i try to talk with customer and do my best to help customer.
Great workplace with good vibes
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Banff, AB7 January 2018
Roots is a wonderful place to work with great vibes, and it does this while retaining a structured environment. This results in a fast-paced workplace where you feel valued.
Unsafe, employees climb shelves in the back room without ladders to reach for product.
Management (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 January 2018
Run baby run! Not professional, the level of store management and Head Office are laughable and you are constantly second guessing yourself. The roots culture is to make the sales people work as slaves for minimum wage as well make the sales people run the show. The worse place I have ever worked.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Imature management
Worst Experience Ever
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fairview Mall, ON2 January 2018
you would get scheduled outside your availability given a 5hr shift then cut you if the store is slow management had favourites and only gave hours to them first
Pros
the employee discount
Cons
no stability
Typical Day at Work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS1 January 2018
Assist customers, and educate them on various products around the store. Clean the store, as well as open and close cash at beginning or end of shift.
Okay Environment
Full Time Key Holder (Current Employee) –  GTA, ON14 December 2017
Lots of responsibilities, if you don't deliver you get yelled at on. Your mistakes are noticed and dwelled on more than your success. Lots of throwing under the bus and chirping throughout stores. salary is good you can move up quick but lots of politics throughout management. They say they don't like drama but are the ones causing it 99 percent of the time. really depends on your location to be honest.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
management
Experience Will Depend on Location
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON11 December 2017
The company itself has a great culture but your experience truly depends on which store you are working at. At my location as a key holder I was doing the work of an Assistant Manager and my Assistant Manager did the work of the Store Manager since he never wanted to do his job. The compensation for management position are also not the best you will find in retail.
fun place
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 November 2017
great place to gain experience. the people are good. everyday daily tasks are cleaning the store making sure the clothes are put away properly. doing all of out stock.
productive and fun learning place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON12 November 2017
Basically the day would begin by talking to the manager and seeing what is happening on the shift, then being placed on the floor or on the cash register. Sometimes the day would feel really long if the customer flow was slow, But when there were sales, all the associates came together with the management to help each other out. Work environment was very friendly and extremely welcoming. And the best part about the job was getting to meet new faces and meeting different personalities which helped me learn how to adapt in different environment and how to always be composed even in the most difficult situations.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Not enough hours
Best retail job out there!
Sales (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS8 November 2017
Wonderful caring company who focuses on your needs! They are great for any student looking to pick up extra hours. Great quality clothes makes it effortless to sell the merchandise to their loyal customers!

Want to know more about Roots?

Ask a question
Easy going work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 October 2017
Easy and simple tasks, where there is always something to keep you busy. Good management and good work hours. Overall gained a lot of experience as my first retail job.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
short breaks
good
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 October 2017
The assortment of sizing over a month impacted the sales opportunity. It has organizational challenges that they are working on to make the business growth more efficient and effective. The company is setting goals on the company growth and focus. The company is learning as they grow.
Pros
Growth
Cons
Assortment
It was a fun place to work
FLOOR SALES (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls Ontario15 October 2017
A day at work would consist of helping costumers navigate through the store. Always keeping up with stock and making sure the store is kept very clean. Management was very well done they kept everyone on task and never had issues from what I can see. The best part of the job was everyone who i worked with, my least favorite part was dealing with problematic costumers due to our new return policy, people became more furious.
Awesome management and room to grow
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON3 October 2017
Fantastic workplace! Went to my shifts excited to work with such a great team. Meeting our goals and accomplishing sale targets was one of the best feelings.
Pros
Awesome Staff
Wouldn't recommend!
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  British Columbia27 September 2017
At first I really liked working at Roots until I learned more about how the company operated. Unfortunately, the company doesn't care about its employees and even less about the stores located in the west side of Canada. Basically if you're not a store in Toronto, you don't really matter. The head office was never available for help and often seemed very disorganized as they would send emails that didn't make sense or keep changing the sales promotions and dates last minute.

Most of my pay checks ended up going back to Roots since we were expected to wear the current trends. And trust me, I didn't make enough to afford to buy the expensive clothes even with the discount.
Pros
Good discount
Cons
Head office management suck, low wages, bad sales
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON25 September 2017
My typical day at work includes assisting customers, informing the customers of our currents promotions, folding clothes that are out of place, and restocking sizes.
I learned how to interact with customers in a helpful manner.
The environment of the workplace is positive and friendly, and the staff are a group of amazing people.
fun environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 September 2017
long hours sometimes boring because no customers. Gets hectic around holiday season with so many shoppers. Overall though good start up job to gain experience
Pros
discounts
Cons
long hours, too many customers
Good Company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 September 2017
Roots could treat their employees better and provide more opportunities to move up within the company. Management needs more structure and direction.
good
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 August 2017
Roots Canada, Mississauga, ON Jul 2015 – Aug 2016

• Facilitated in the development and training of part time associates.
• Exhibited leadership presence acting as liaison between store and home office operations.
• Experienced in visual and loss prevention operations.
• Confident in cash handling and banking procedures.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS27 July 2017
There are benefits to working at Roots such as the interactions with a variety of people and being able to have fun with customers. To give a positive shopping experience.