At Roots, we look for dynamic individuals who are not only interested in retail and fashion, but who enjoy challenges and share our vision for a safer, cleaner, healthier planet.
Roots is not only a brand, it’s a culture and lifestyle. In addition to our customers, an intrinsic part of our success has always been the people who work here. Our clients and customers need to have confidence that our managers and associates at all levels of the organization have the knowledge, skills and competencies to excel. Our company depends on systems and processes that support the continued learning and development of our people. Roots is a company in which you can grow and benefit from the great opportunities often available. All members of our team are encouraged to ‘spread their roots’.
Nature & Scope:
Reporting to the VP, E-Commerce & Marketing, h/she will consistently be responsible for the design, layout and coding of a website. You will be involved with the technical and graphical aspects of a website - how the site works and how it looks. You will also be involved with the maintenance and update of our existing site.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities include the following
- Develop marketing content for the Roots Direct department pages, category pages to help drive bottom line sales and increase conversion rates in Flash and Photoshop.
- Assist in the development of Roots content on social networking websites, blogs and other partner websites.
- Add content to photo galleries, press areas and blogs.
- Develop banners and other advertising units in both flash and animated gif formats.
- Ensure visual look and standards of Roots are maintained and presented online in a unified and consistent manner.
- Maintain product image catalog. Complete product image preparation in a timely manner.
- Name, crop, color retouch and uploading of product images required
- Ability to manage expectations and complete multiple tasks within tight deadlines without effecting quality
Demonstrated Interpersonal Skills
- Positive thinker that is able to create innovative and original solutions
- Passionate about trends, fashion and clothing
- Understand online communities and word of mouth marketing
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Willing to take initiative and obtain required resources while working as part of a team
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written)
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Experience working with Photoshop CS, Image Ready, Illustrator CS, Dreamweaver MX, Flash MX, Excel, FTP, HTML, CSS and SSI’s.
- A self starter with 2-3 years experience in flash animation design, Photoshop and Dreamweaver
- Understanding of interface design for a B2C website
- Active participant in social networking websites
- Experience developing E-Commence website and working knowledge of Joomla a strong asset.
- Office environment
- Overtime when required
Indeed - 6 months ago
At Roots, we look for dynamic individuals who are not only interested in retail and fashion, but who enjoy challenges and share our vision...