Roofmart Employee Reviews

Horrible Place to work
Shipper/Receiver/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON12 September 2017
Worked here for 2 years. Management is horrible, don't dare bring up a safety issue because you will find yourself laid off. The sales guys are a pain to deal with and expect you to bend over backwards for THEIR clients and will badmouth you to management if they don't like you. They are also very cheap, don't expect any bonuses.
Pros
You can quit whenever you want
Cons
You took the job in the first place
Great Values and Good people
Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON30 August 2017
It was a great job, was eager to go to work everyday and learn new things. Different people to work with everyday, built on customer service and drive to obtain new clients.
Pros
great benefits
Roofs
Swamper/Labourer (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK1 May 2017
Lots of heavy lifting, lots of long days but the pay was alright. Interacting with customers and other employees is a nice change, compared to other warehouse jobs.
Order Clerk (Current Employee) –  Holland Landing, ON6 March 2017
Roofmart has shown a positive work atmosphere and great work ethics from the beginning of my employment with the company. My co workers and upper management have given me great support in training. Overall a good place to work.
Pros
Good Benefits, Good hours, Friendly staff
Not the place you wish to work at
clerk (Current Employee) –  Headoffice3 March 2017
Poor management from head office to the bottom. full of cheating and personal issues. Hard working dosen't get paid back, "good"relation with certain people will get you way up to the top.
Leave the boat before it sinks.
Horrible Managment and Pay!!
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Holland Landing, ON10 February 2017
This was probably the worst job I ever had, and there are countless reasons. The people, your co-workers are great for the most part, just be careful of the office and what you say around them.
If you like being thrown into the mix and treated like a village idiot if you ask a question than have fun because thats exactly what you'll get here. I could say so much more but I'll leave it there.
Pros
Monday to Friday
Cons
Pay, horrible Management, poor benefits, low safety stadards.
Safety is a matter of convenience
Reciever (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK9 December 2016
For the most part it was a good branch to work at. Didn't care for the new managers style of managing. Was told my position was terminated and was told to go home with a letter of dismissal. Then didn't get a call back in the spring.
Pros
Great hours if you work at the sales office and warehouse
Cons
No heat in warehouse
Fun place to work, management is poor
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Alberta1 March 2016
Laid back job, not a lot of goal setting.
Learned a lot about the industry.
However it sink or swim!
Zero training!
The one thing I learned on the Job is don't trust anyone. You never know when they will get rid of you.
Pros
Free Lunch's
Cons
Tough to get recocognized
Inside sales
Inside Sales Representative/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON7 April 2015
great place to work and learn the ropes on the siding and roofing industry. Customer base is fantastic and so is management. Everyone works as a team and the hours are excellent. Would recommend working here to anyone.
Pros
Weekends off, free coffee, nice coworkers
awesome people
Shipping and recieving (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON30 July 2014
great attitude and atmosphere about the whole workplace. amazing trainer and great daily grind.
Pros
smokes whenever and lunch whenever
Fast paced, yet laid back work enviorment
Operator (Current Employee) –  North Bay, ON18 December 2013
A typical work day can include having 6 deliveries in a day to having no deliveries as roofing contractors work based on weather. I drive a 10 ton flatbed and deliver roofing and siding products to various locations

Since being a part of Roofmart i have earned my class 4,5 and 7 (rough terrain) forklift licences, how to operate and manage a warehouse and use a conveyer boom.
I enjoyed working at Roofmart
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON27 October 2013
In the morning I would conduct pre-driver inspections of my truck and depending on my orders, would prep and load my orders onto my truck. Making sure each time to do it as safely as possible. I would then deliver them using a 32' conveyor boom. The management we're extremely professional and helpful, as well as my co-workers. The hardest part of the job would have to be the physical lifting of materials, which was not entirely strenuous as I am physically fit. The most enjoyable part of this job was operating forklifts and boom trucks.
Pros
Working alone allowed for self management
Cons
Seasonal work
New working experience. I was grateful for the knowledge I gained from working there.
Senior Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON30 March 2013
I learned the day to day operations of a business, my co-workers were great to work with. I enjoyed helping and communicating with the customers.
Pros
i appreciate my working experience at roofmart
Cons
long hours yes, but i didn't mind them
Fun and engaging environment
Customer Service/Order Desk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 January 2013
Training and reference material provided
Fellow staff eager to help
Relationships between co-workers are encouraged within regular work parameters.
Hard work is recognized and rewarded
Pros
positive environment.
Cons
can have a lot of turnover.