RONA Employee Reviews

Great place to work. Fast paced
Price label management (Former Employee) –  London, ON18 September 2017
A great job with many things to Learn. We did a lot of after work activities. It was nice to have a second family. We also did a lot for the community. Clean ups. Helped with the aftermath of the goderich tornado.
Pros
Good benifits. Good pay
Cons
Closed
good
Cashier/ Team leader (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 September 2017
amazing place to work at. very flexible with school and work. managers were really helpful and were understanding. very relaxed environment, costumers were very rude
Nice place to work, much better than the competition. Cleaner, brighter stores, Better Canadian trained managers.
Night Crew Stock & Merchandising Manager (Former Employee) –  Aurora, Ontario11 September 2017
Each store is a reflection on the Store Manager. So good store manager, good place to work generally. Upper management pretty good, gave store manager some flexibility. I worked in Aurora Ontario, great people, great place to work. It is now a Reno Depot.
Pros
Clean, friendly, promote fom within. Good people nice enviroment
Cons
Micro-managed. Quebec Head office a little out of touch with Ontario.
Rona is a good company
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Waterdown, ON10 September 2017
Rona is a good company, it is being bought out by Lowe's, and their new management team is very difficult to work with. I loved the environment and the jobs assigned. Overall great workplace!!
Pros
Good benefits, good hours, good people
Cons
management
Enjoyed working @ Rona
Install Coordinator/ Contractor Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lakefield, ON6 September 2017
Enjoyed the variety of positions I worked each day, such as working with contactors, special orders, and going on many training courses. Was also given added responsibility and accountability.
Management on the down turn
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB5 September 2017
Too many heads not enough arms.
That's the only way i can describe my work experience with this company. The managers would dictate orders one after another (typically different then the last), this would lead to confusion amongst employees in various departments.
Pros
Hours
Family
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB29 August 2017
I loved working at Rona, the customers there are great and the staff is amazing, more like a family than any place I ever worked. I miss it there already
Pros
every friday they had free lunch
Cons
the hours are not very consistant
Rona
Retail/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 August 2017
Since the very beginning,Rona has been driven by the values that guide each and every decision they make, large or small. RONA is synonymous with a job well done. They are also a team driven by a desire to succeed, with a healthy mix of diligence, simplicity and efficiency. As proactive and results-oriented people, they go to great lengths to ensure each of our clients’ projects is a complete success.
Good work environment. good staff support and communication from management
Plumbing, Heating, Electrical Associate (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK24 August 2017
Overall a very good work environment. Work functions on sales floor varied daily, based on merchandise receiving and customer requirements.
Good advertising program through regular flyer distribution.
Tools & Hardware Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON15 August 2017
Excellent work environment. Friendly staff and management always willing to help.
Lots of things to keep oneself busy. Be it from sorting nuts and bolts to assisting customers on where to find the proper plant hanger.
Pros
High ceiling, Bright lights
Cons
Incredibly hard concrete floor. Get good insoles

Want to know more about RONA?

Ask a question
favouritism and stressful
Merchandising Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 August 2017
There is a lot of favoritism in upper management. If you are not a favorite it is hard to get time off, you are pressured with lists to have done in a ridiculously short amount of time. it is very stressful to go into work at this company.
Pros
full time, some good people, occasional lunches
Cons
no overtime at all, management
Fun job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 August 2017
very rewarding place to work, I enjoyed speaking to new people and using my expertise to help customers with their projects. great co workers. overall great experience.
customer service
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 August 2017
I work as cashier at various tills, frontend, commercial till and customer service / returns. I enjoy working with customers.

Encouragement from the management helps us to serve customers better
Pros
fun loving staff
Cons
I am a part time staff, would like to be full time.
ok job
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 August 2017
it was an ok job i ok working there and gained good experience it was a great opportunity the various departments can help gain different skills and further
Great staff and friendly work environment
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 August 2017
I've learned a lot from working at RONA including dealing with different types of customers and taking responsibility of assigned tasks. I've been able to improve many skills like multi-tasking and communication. Management could be improved. My favourite part of the job was working with such great staff.
Pros
lots of social events, free lunches/snacks, scholarships
Cons
very busy promo days, sometimes unorganized
Fun place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON Canada3 August 2017
I have been working for this company for a year now. Great people and great work culture. It is a fun place to work. It gives me flexibility to balance my work and private life.
terrible place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON2 August 2017
no training given
poor managerial skills from store manager
ignorant owner
unsafe building
treat workers unfairly
abusive power
harass employees if you don't meet their expectations
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
Job that is meant for people still in school
Yard Person (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC1 August 2017
A day at rona is cutting wood and using a cash register. I learned nothing at this job that i did not know already from school. Management would give their favourites more shifts than other workers.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
fun place to work with diffrent things to see
Delivery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 July 2017
learned lots about the company and how they help the public get thier product in perfect condtion and timing i also learned alot about diffrent little traits as to going to many diffrent job sites i was able to see plumbing compentry drywalling ect and naturally just enjoying the enviorments i was in when making the deliverys and seeing all the different sizes of homes companies buildings ect.
Employment is very good.
Lead Hand / Truss Assembly (Former Employee) –  Crossfield, AB28 July 2017
Professional management, safety and punctuality are of most concerned, quality and quantity of production are high standard, clean and organize working environment, safe and well equipped working areas.
Pros
more hours
Cons
no promotion

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RONA. Our community is ready to answer.