RONA Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB27 October 2016
Always something new to look forward to each day work there. I enjoy explaining the different products to the customers.
A great place to grow
Sales Associate/Gate Attendant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS26 October 2016
I started out as a cashier and worked my way up into a unionized position. I was able to cross train in almost every area of the store. I really took advantage of all of the training that the company provided and the wages and benefits were generous.
To follow the days tasks of restocking shellves to helping the customers with there needs ..
Paint Sales / Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 October 2016
The job was fun .. If you did extra when they (Rona) needed you then they would allways return the favor .. learned a lot of skills The hard part was working weekends ..
Pros
Great and easy work ..
Cons
..Didnt like working Sats
great place to work
Assist customers (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON18 October 2016
i loved working here, you got to work at your pace and it was something new every single day. i loved working and it made everyday interesting.
Pros
good people
Cons
sometimes the shifts were late
Productive place to work.
Paint Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 October 2016
Gets very busy mixing paint/ Stain for customers. I also get called to cover customer service or cashiers for breaks, washroom breaks or just to help get lines down or to check a product for them. I learned how to mix paint, what the differance are between all the solvants and paint thinners, differance between using a all in one(paint and primer) and also learnt what is accually in a paint like the binders.
Management is helpfull when it comes to somethings but as everyone else they try to answer customers or employees questions as best as the can. My co-workers are fun to work with we all make fun out of working. The hardest part of my job is lifting the 18L buckets of paint/stain/primer they are heavy. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing all the little kids so intrested in how paint is tinted and how it get shaken also hearing all about customers projects they have on the go.
Productive and fun
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON16 October 2016
At Rona I would keep stalk tidy in the store back and front, I would also greet customers and take customer service calls. I learned how to prep for inventory and how to properly keep stalk organized. Coworkers were friendly and quick to help get me involved in the store. Management taught me everything required to do my job and were sure to make a friendship with all staff.
Pros
Great staff and management
Enjoyed my work everyday
Sales (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 October 2016
Loved dealing with customers
Normal enjoyable days at work
Learned electrical plumbing and able to work in all departments
Got along with all the co-workers
Enjoyed every bit of my work
This company is commendable and gives opportunities when needed.
Customer Service Clerk/Head Cashier (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 October 2016
It was a very busy workplace but I had to learn a lot of things independently. This is both positive and negative. Positive because it helped reveal to me that I was able to work with little supervision but negative because it got me over whelmed a lot of times. I did enjoy the job because accounting is what I love doing. It is a good place to work at.The co-workers are wonderful. It is almost like a family.
company tries to supply a veried and diverse year round employee entertanment
Yard and Plant Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 September 2016
Working stations use radios at all positions to contact each other
from yard to sales to command office. This eliminates mistakes
before they become mistake Problems reported were always
addresses promptly Staff was always supportive and encouraged
what ever prodject I ever worked on.
Pros
choice of two types of health and benifits packages
Cons
poor mantence of stuctures wharehouse
Productive and manual labor job.
Yard Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 September 2016
A typical day at work, was non-stop 8 hours a day, on my feet helping customers and making sure product was cleaned up. As well helping customers with my experience in what product would be best for them. I learned better communication skills, and other real-world outcomes. Management at this job was alright. The store manager took quite a bit of advantage over the store workers and yard workers and undermined how hard everyone worked daily. The hardest part of my job was lifting a 125kg cement block, there wasn't anything hard other than that. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting so many new customers and working with extremely diligent co-workers.
Pros
Customers were enjoyable
Cons
Store Manager took advantage

Want to know more about RONA?

Ask a question
Morale low unhappy employees
Staff Member (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON23 September 2016
Tougher management that can make up their own minds without constant approval from upper management would help. They need to be tougher with workers that do not pull their weight! Need staff that are willing to work not talk with each other all the time or spend time on their cell phones. Customer service should be number one in their minds, not what they are doing Friday night etc.! Get managers in that know how to control staff and work with staff to become a better store!
Pros
Some great staff
Cons
Some staff that don't care and just want a paycheck/need tougher management that can control staff
okay work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 September 2016
was slow during winter, employees were very co-operative. not very sympathetic during emergencies that include missing work.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
unsympathetic
Verly close knit group of employees
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC4 September 2016
Usually work 6-8 hour days part time while I was going to school. Was boring at times when the store was dead but I always managed to find something to do with my time. Cleaning, orgnizing of restocking shelves.
Pros
Loved the environment
Cons
Physically draining
Great management, poor morale
Plumbing Team Member (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON4 September 2016
Everybody was always hard at work, even the managers. they didn't have to come down and help their employees move and set up displays, but they did anyway, unfortunately despite this, employee morale was somewhat low, I have overheard employees speak about how much they did not enjoy working there.
Sales Representative, Co-op Placement (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 August 2016
I got a few work experience working here as a sales associate, and also helping customers load various materials into their cars. Got to learn different and various materials in different compartments in the store. This is mostly in wood field of the store. I would say overall experience was good.
Pros
Gaining work skills
Cons
Long hours, no pay
Good company
Merchandising Associate (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK12 August 2016
Great group of people at every rona i have worked with. many socail events (BBQ's, Christmas parties). Tries to focus on team building. not all manager are great, but most are.
Pros
social atmosphere
Cons
long store hours
Fun workplace
Yardman (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 August 2016
Boring. Just go with the flow. Unorganized management. Do by yourself. Good people around. Helping more customer in other department. Home time is always a good one.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Short Hours for part time
Do not waste your time.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB9 August 2016
Awful place to work. Very cheap company, benefits are awful, you are better off to get them yourself. No job security, poorly managed company and no growth opportunity. I would never recommend working for them.
Pros
Customers were great.
Cons
No job security.
Great store staff while Senior Management team need is out of touch with the daily running of the store's
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON8 August 2016
My experience at the Peterborough Rona is that you will not find a more dedicated store staff anywhere and their customer service skills are excellent, but in my experience with the senior management team for this area they are all about the final number's and have lost touch with the customer service part of the business.
Pros
Great Dedicated Store Staff
Cons
Area Senior Management Team
Awesome group of coworkers
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 August 2016
Rona was the best job i have ever had. The staff there were incredibly kind, easygoing people. The management was great, as they always helped out when needed.
Pros
Cons
Not great pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RONA. Our community is ready to answer.