RONA Employee Reviews

Rona Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 January 2016
Working at Rona was very enjoyable. Very nice staff and management. Always learning new things with all the customers that ive served. Improved my social and communication skills. Hardest part of the job was keeping track of where everything is in the store. I mostly enjoyed being able to not only work indoors but outdoors as well.
Pros
Always moving
Cons
Repetitive
Good Job for high school students or people younger then 30
Custmer service,Yard Staff (Former Employee) –  South Surrey, BC10 January 2015
It's a good place to learn some job skills and some costumer service skills and work for a short term. Not something you can really get advancement in unless the higher ups like you. So doesn't matter if you bust your butt off or if your a lazy slob if the management liked you, you got promoted. Not that there is much advancement. Typical day is like any other typical day in retail at a big store. co workers were pretty easy to get along with and worth with. Hardest part of the job was setting up a new display or reorganizing the yard.
Pros
Got proper brakes and a proper lunch room, Get paid for overtime, Decent staff overall
Cons
Poor managment, not much room for advancment
Commis (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC15 February 2016
Nice place to work. Hard to live with the minimum wage salary while doing 35 hours a week. Would've loved to be payed a little more. I think i did alot for the money i had in the bank at the end of the day. Overall great experience for learning.
awfull management
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC29 February 2016
when I was there safety was there least concern we never got our deserved overtime any concerns we brought up they would just tell you to go back to work
Pros
N/A
Cons
management
Customer Service Rep
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Waterdown, ON18 May 2016
The company was very organized and schedules were given out two weeks in advance which I enjoyed. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with schedule changes and getting calls the day of asking to come into work.
Fun Place to work
Logistics Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC3 February 2016
The location I worked at was fun and laid back. The atmosphere of the people made it special. Co-workers were always smiling. Management was alright even though they didn't know half the work we did.
Pros
Pretty Flexible
Cons
People don't clean up after themselves
A good working environment, but would need to be more attentive to staff relations.
Flooring Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 April 2012
The staff in the main were reliable and work conscious. I can't say I saw many people with their minds on a career in Rona. It was mostly a part-time situation for the bulk of the staff. I learned a lot about people and management, but don't forget I come from a vast different background (time-wise) to present-day requirements and attitudes. I'm what one would call old-school in thought, word and deed. The hardest part of the job was the volume of lifting and carrying (half a ton to a ton each day). The most enjoyable part of the job was the camaraderie with the customers and staff. For me, life is too short to be too serious. I believe one can still mix business with pleasure.
Pros
set my own days for working
Cons
i didn't find any.
Decent job with fair wage
Night Shift Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 August 2013
Worked here for over a year with what I thought was a very good work ethic. But after 13 months with no raise and getting full time hours cut from 40 to 37 I had to leave and find something better. Co-workers were great but management and staff are hard to communicate with working over nights.
Pros
fair breaks, easy work, high safety standards
Cons
Management doesn't care about night crew, hours cut back often
learned alot of skills
Yard Foreman (Former Employee) –  Collingwood, ON4 January 2014
I would start work at 7am and make sure all loads were pulled for deliveries and make sure all purchase orders were ready for receiving. I learned to be a better team leader and gained lots of experience the management was a great part of our team, also enjoyed being part of the management as the yard foreman. My co-workers were great to work with and were hard workers. The hardest part of the job was making sure all my yard staff was completing all their duties for the day. The most enjoyable part of the job was all the experience i learned through all that i accomplished.
Pros
pleasing contractors
Wasn't Bad
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ON26 April 2016
Working at Rona was excellent had a good time and the co-workers were nice and accepting had no major problems with anyone there the job was fair and they laid down fair rules and expectations
Pros
excellent co-workers, cool managers easy to balance to work and social life
Cons
bad flyers
Another fine job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 May 2016
I didn't get anything from this job.

It was solely to pay the bills between jobs.

The people were decent and it was pretty fun.
great store to work at
office administrator (Former Employee) –  miton ont19 January 2016
was a busy job and long hours but I love my job and my co workers my job consists of cashier counting and balancing the tills purchasing for the store calling vendors shipping and receiving payroll paying the bills
Busy workplace
Customer Service Personnel (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 April 2016
Its is busy most days, busiest during spring and summer. The staff are nice. The hardest part about working at RONA was being the only C.A.P on shift and its a really busy day and you cant get all the work you need to get done on time.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Really busy
nice place to work
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK4 May 2016
This is a nice place to work, However not well managed lately. Busy always. some folks are really knowledgeable. Not having enough staff some times is challenge.
Flexible work hours with great customer service
Cash Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 August 2015
Typical Day: Complete assigned tasks in between helping customers; because customers come first.

Learning: The customer isn't ALWAYS right. I have my team to back me up on decisions made with customers. It's all about prioritizing, staying organized, and having proper communication between coworkers.

Management: Very understanding. Welcomes opinions and change.

Co-workers: Very helpful. Able to keep a professional relationship.

The Hard Part: Having customers not understand that a company consists of many employees and that not each and every employee is aware of absolutely everything; blame gets put on individuals rather than having general criticism.
just a boring work enviroment
Yard worker (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC5 January 2016
it was along time ago so i barely remeber, but working for rona wasnt very interesting, no incentives were given to work hard or possibly advance , isnt a place id reccomend.
Pros
nothing
Cons
boring job
Very good work place
Advisor / Sales Person (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 April 2016
I had a good experience. Managers and co-workers are very friendly, they help and support each other. I have learned a lot about Canadian workplace and customer service. I am very happy that I worked there.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
not enough hours
nice place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON3 April 2016
everybody that worked there was very nice and they made it fun to come to work the most enjoyable part of the job was working with new people and helping customers.
Pros
Nice People
Cons
Short Hours
Great People - Tasking Work.
Cashier/Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Uxbridge, ON25 July 2015
Since there is already a lot of "infrastructure" established within the store, it is very difficult for a new-comer to get a hang of things. Very little formal training is provided. Often times a customer with an account who is familiar with the rest of the staff, whom you have never seen before, may expect you to recognize them and give them their Contractor's Discount or to fulfill certain tasks that need to be done with their transaction without them telling you. Can be stressful to get used to. As well, the store's main function is of a lumber yard. Unless you are able to use the ordering computers and know a lot about woods and building materials, you won't be able to help out many customers and will serve solely as a cashier. Other than that, the experience is great and I have learned a lot about hardware since working here. Supportive management. Very casual environment.
Pros
Friendly team, friendly customers, competent and knowledgable staff
Cons
Short hours
Productive and learning experience
General worker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 April 2016
Worked all departments as it was a small store. I enjoyed helping customers and working cash. Had to stock shelves and change tags daily. Physically demanding working lumber yard. Overall good, hard working job.