RONA

RONA Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A nice place to work
Finance/Sales/Service (Current Employee), Kelowna, BCMarch 4, 2013
Pros: relaxed atmosphere
Cons: to many managers, no benefits
I really enjoy working for this company. I have been working in Big Box stores for over ten years and enjoy working with the public. There is lots of incentive programs for staff.
Fun work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), London, ONFebruary 27, 2013
I learned team skills. I enjoyed the the always something to do. I enjoyed always being challenged and learning new skills.
nice!
Commis / vendeur rayon plomberie (Former Employee), Qu├ębec, QCJanuary 10, 2013
The team is incredible, you learn to cope with people. You learn a lot about materials and products. You also learn alot from the professionals that work there. the management is awsome, they give you the hours you need to fit to your schedule as a student. Co-workers are very friendly I get along very well with the others. The job itself is not very – more... difficult and does not require alot of physical skills. The hardest part of the job is the computers if your not too good with them. – less
Poorly Managed
Cash Supervisor/Customer Service Desk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 12, 2012
Pros: opportunity for advancement, good training programs
Cons: low employee involvement equaled low employee morale
No one here cares to compete with Big Home Box stores. Efforts are only focused on surviving. Rarely employee input was taken, even that with negative stares and reactions. Employee empowerment and involvement would have made this a great place to work. When the economic crisis happened, they downsized and reduced hours while other competitors did the – more... opposite and invested. I remember the days when we had few employees scheduled to help customers and the excuse was there are no customers. This was true from time to time but it is also true that many a times when there were many customers looking for help and there was only one associate to help in any given department. Those customers waiting for help, they left. This is how you lose customers and lose customer loyalty to stores such as Lowe's and The Home Depot. – less
starter job.
customer service (Former Employee), Labrador City, NLOctober 17, 2012
A typical day consist of making the costumers happy an make sales. Also ordering freight an restocking. This was an ok first job for me but was not enough money for me to make something of myself in life.
Being a small company, the workplace was a relaxed, but productive atmosphere.
Roof Truss Builder (Former Employee), Port Hope, ONOctober 16, 2012
Pros: productivity levels up -meant we got fridays off early.
Cons: working with employees much younger than myself, them not caring about the quality of their work, disrespecting management. they were there just for the paycheque.
A typical day at work required me to be on my feet on concrete
floors for long hours. We worked 10 hour shifts. The work ethics
such as getting along with my co-workers and working as a group at
various tables. We had to resolve problems to fit our customers needs.

At various times, I was required to act as shift Leadhand for the evening shift. I not – more... only made sure the customer got his order on
time, I had the responsibility to oversee my co-workers and make sure the order was not only completed, but at the same time, gain the respect of myfellow co-workers to make sure the order wa done right to the customers specifications.

Management was quite co-operative and supportive. I got along
well with my department supervisor. He will be more than happy
to provide you with an excellent reference when I get hired. He
will be quite willing to let you know I'm a team player and excellent
and conscientious worker. – less
Excellent Job
Stocker and Cashier (Former Employee), TsawwassenOctober 12, 2012
Stocking RONA's products and tending to the cashier while assisting customers in whatever way possible. Was a memorable learning experience and great atmosphere to embrace.
Close working team to satisfy the customer.
Sales Clerk (Former Employee), North Bay, ONSeptember 24, 2012
Pros: the staff gettogethers
Cons: wages
The hardest part of the job is when there is not enough staff to handle the customers and phones at peak times. Long time Rona co-workers are comfortable with their position. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing a customer smile with fast correct orders of products. What I learned the most was safety practices/ precations, in the work envirnment.
Lumber Yard Worker
Lumber Yard Worker (Former Employee), Spruce Grove, ABAugust 28, 2012
Pros: laid back work site
Cons: no room for advancement
Escorted customers to the lumber they paid for and load it into their vehicle(s) and escorted them out.
Rona Fort McMurray was one of the most disheartening places to work.
Flooring department Customer Service (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABAugust 2, 2012
Pros: slight better than minimum wage pay.
Cons: bad management
The store was a terrible place to work and is undermanaged. many of the staff are very unhappy with how they were treated in the for Mcmurray branch of rona. there are almost no instore promotions, and no proper training.
Rona...
Marchandiser (Former Employee), Chicoutimi, QCJuly 27, 2012
I was the one who was doing all the stuff that nobody wants to do, the pay was fair, the teammates wasent friendly at all and the manager was not a good person too...
Iv learned a lot and have gained a lot of experience.
Part time (Current Employee), Welland, ONJuly 17, 2012
Pros: a lot of new things to learn.
Cons: its only part time and not full time.
Iv learned a lot about paint and flooring within the last year iv worked at rona. Iv met a lot of individuals that have previously worked in trades and that all enjoy sharing their knowledge. Iv realized from rona how fast i can catch onto something new and add to my general knowledge. I have amazing managers and co-workers. The only reason why I'm – more... planning on leaving is because i need to gain new experience and move on with my career. – less
A day at RONA
Sales Associate in Hardware (Former Employee), Carleton Place, ONJuly 8, 2012
Provided customer support in the hardware section and lighting department.. Put out stock from receiving and built product displays as required. Faced shelves and straightened merchandise. Cut keys as required.
not enough training
sales representative (Former Employee), Simcoe OntarioJuly 6, 2012
Pros: enjoyed working with the public
Cons: not enough training
selling different products to customers learned about differant products.
enjoyed working with the public.
I enjoy working retail, helping customers and staff is very rewarding
Department Front End Manager (Current Employee), Welland, ONMay 29, 2012
A typical day at work can be slow are extremely busy, everyday is different. I enjoy the fast paced because it allows me to meet many people and it doesn't allow the day to drag on. I have learned many things working for this company, one is that there is a variety of diffeent people that you work with and people that you will meet everyday. I have – more... leaned alternative ways to handle customer complaints, such as learning ow a customer reacts to different problems. I have become good at reading people and can generally tell when they just wants someone to listen to what is going wrong with their service. My co-worker have been great, I get along with all of them. I make the work enviroment enjoyable. The hardest part of the job is trying to please everyone, as I make the schedule. Th emost enjoyable part of the job is seeing my co-workers when they have done great things and see the reward in their eyes when they are told they have done a good job. – less
A good working environment, but would need to be more attentive to staff relations.
Flooring Salesperson (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 19, 2012
Pros: set my own days for working
Cons: i didn't find any.
The staff in the main were reliable and work conscious. I can't say I saw many people with their minds on a career in Rona. It was mostly a part-time situation for the bulk of the staff. I learned a lot about people and management, but don't forget I come from a vast different background (time-wise) to present-day requirements and attitudes. I'm what – more... one would call old-school in thought, word and deed. The hardest part of the job was the volume of lifting and carrying (half a ton to a ton each day). The most enjoyable part of the job was the camaraderie with the customers and staff. For me, life is too short to be too serious. I believe one can still mix business with pleasure. – less
Flexibility
Cash Clerk (Retail) (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 28, 2012
As a student, Rona has offered me very flexible hours. Rona has always worked around my schedule. I have built on my experience through this company in a great way. Their management is great and has always understood its employers issues or concerns. Rona has an great environment, I feel very comfortable working there. I get along with all the employers – more... has they have great to offer. – less
A Second Family
Contractor Sales Associate (Former Employee), Oakville, ONFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: friendly staff and managers, point system for 'free' prizes.
Cons: leaky building.
I started at Rona When I was 16 years old. I worked my way from Sales Assistant, to a Sales Associate on the Project Sales Desk, finally ending at a Contractor Sales Associate at the Contractor Sales counter.
Most days would consist of Fielding questions from customers, stocking shelves and creating orders for special items that the customers might – more... need.
At this job I learnt how to build things, how to use power tools and how to field questions from unsympathetic and demanding customers without them getting upset or unruly. I have learnt the finer points of dealing with peoples of multiple ethnic backgrounds, whom are used to dealing with things differently. I have learnt patience most of all.
The management at the store was very hands on and helpful. Most of the mangers themselves worked the individual areas they were in-charge of and never asked an employee to do something they were not willing to do themselves. The management was very kind and was always willing to listen to ideas and often asked for employee input when tasks needed to be accomplished.
My co-workers were all wise in their own way and always cheerful and helpful.
The hardest part of the jobs here when you would get a customer whom had had an item ordered with special conditions but something had gone wrong. These customers usually came in agitated and ready to yell at whomever they felt was responsible for the issue. The hardest thing to do was to calmly explain to them that the issue would be fixed at no cost to them, without yourself getting riled up and engaging them in a frustrated state.
The most enjoyable part of this job was usually when the store did well in a given month and the staff would be treated to a "congratulation" lunch. These moments made you feel appreciated and that your efforts were worth while. – less
Productive and fun work place
Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 23, 2013
Pros: new experience
Marketing research and financial analysis of italian based companies operating in the US.
Employee's friendly helpful and get along real good, nice cooperative environment
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Abbotsford, BCSeptember 5, 2013
Pros: worked the hours i wanted to
Cons: no long term employment.
I enjoyed working in the greenhouse watering the plants, being outside and pleasant environment to work in. Nice being able to use my garden knowledge to share with customers in helping them to beautify their homes. Busy through mother's day and this was fun.
Love the business of the store.