RONA Employee Reviews in Canada

Very positive working environment.
CSR (Current Employee) –  BramptonJuly 16, 2015
I learned many workplace skills from the employees at RONA. It is an excellent company and I have nothing but positive things to say about management and the company.
Big Box Life
Install Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 20, 2015
I enjoyed working at RONA and if the the 2008 downturn had not occurred I might be there yet. There was room to improve and advance if you wished.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Retail, vulnerable to economic cutbacks
good start up job, not a great career job.
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 14, 2015
Rona is a great job for young people trying to gain work experience, but it was definitely not the most organized place.hardest part of the job was dealing with unruly customers, and some mangers did not seem to know much about their own store. co workers are generally ice though. typical day included your daily routine, which is based on your department. most enjoyable part was making new friends.
Pros
Met some great people.
Cons
Everything was pretty unorganized, and a lot of employees got away with things they shouldnt.
good friendly atmosphere
Night Crew (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJune 8, 2015
we clock in. collect the merchandise and continue putting products on shelves. some nights are easier than others, .large open areas, so we do not run into each other too often
It was better than expected
Chargé des ententes commerciales (Former Employee) –  Boucherville, QCJune 2, 2015
working a office was different for me. I didn't hate it. I loved some of my co-workers, they were really nice to me and tought me alot about RONA and how things work.

it was really well paid and long hours, so I liked it. But after my 2nd summer, I didn't see my self work there no more.
Pros
nice co-workers
Cons
boring
GOOD RELATIONSHIP WITH CO-WORKERS AND I LIKED DE FREE DONUTS END-OUTS
Driver (Former Employee) –  Pierrefonds, QCMay 28, 2015
I LIKE TO DRIVE , IT FEEL GOOD TO BE ON THE ROAD EVERY DAY,WINTER IS A BIT FROSTY AND COLD BUT I GET TRUE IT,MY CO WORKERS WHERE GOOD FOR ME AND I FOR THEM,I LOVE MY JOB.
Good part-time job
Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee) –  Port Perry, ONMay 19, 2015
At RONA a typical day consists of shipping and receiving as the jobs title entails. Trucks come in almost daily with product which needs to be unloaded and put away both in the store and yard. Shipping customers is a huge part of the job which can be difficult at times when shipping large orders during a busy day, but it helps the day go by fast. The most enjoyable part of the job is using the equipment such as the bobcats in winter and the forklifts for loading and unloading, and putting stock away. The hardest and most time consuming part of the job is rotating and putting away new inventory.
Pros
Working outside and knowledge gained by working there
Cons
Good work enviroment and learned lots
General help (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NewfoundlandMay 6, 2015
I would start my day off by serving customers in the lumber yard then as the day continued I would use the forklift to stock up material. Working at Rona taught me better communication skills and also working together with co-workers
Pros
Learned lots about the construction business
Cons
Poor management
Overall great place to work
Ron yard worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 4, 2015
Great company to work for, positive environment people willing to lend a hand if needed. Building orders driving forklift putting away stock in warehouse. Learned to work as part of a team, drive forklift, work in all weather conditions (hot,cold,rain) Friendly supportive co workers lots of positive relationships built. The flexibility was the hardest part to adapt to with the job (not much room for advancement) The best part of the job was the overall positive environment people and independence we were privileged with.
Pros
Friendly co workers
Cons
Very long hours 10 plus hours but still maintainable
part time job
Shipper / Sales - Part Time. Pick (Former Employee) –  markhamMay 3, 2015
part time job shipping customers purchases from the warehouse. Involves heavy lifting and at times searching for the product
Pros
close to home
Cons
heavy lifting required and in winter outside work is difficult
Propably the best company you could ever work for
Cooperative Education Student as a Plumber (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 12, 2015
Typical day at work involves helping customers and stocking large skids. I learn a lot about responsibility and customer service.
My co-workers are amazing, they make the environment very friendly. The hardest part about the job is helping customers who don't know what they are looking for.The most enjoyable part is working with people who you know will help you succeed.
Pros
Friendly Environment
Its a great place to work
Lumber (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 26, 2015
Rona was a great experience because I learn many things in there and also every time I went there I felt great because I loved working.
Pros
nice people
Disorganization is an understatement
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMarch 24, 2015
They are shoveling money out the door. Not interested in equipping their employees with the tools they need to perform yet expecting that they over perform.
allways pushing us to work hard, lots of fun
yard staff (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABMarch 23, 2015
I have been working at Rona for the past year, in that time I have taken an operators course and received my fork lift licence. I have a lot of operating experience with counter-balance and narrow isle fork lifts.
decent workplace
Yard attendant/ delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Labrador City, NLMarch 11, 2015
typical day arrive at the warehouse get order slips, load the cube truck and deliver. great team to work with supervisor was good to work for.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
sometimes longer hours than expected
good starter job
Gate Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fort St John, BCMarch 6, 2015
I worked at Rona for about 3 years. although I enjoyed the people I worked with my actual job was very boring. The management is very difficult to deal with.
Pros
a family company
Cons
no room for advancment
great staff and challenges
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  oakvilleMarch 4, 2015
everyday was something new and challenging from the staff, customers and logistics. very competitive industry which kept it exciting. learnt alot in this role and helped develop, coach and promote others to get them to their next level in their career
Overall positive work environment
Sales and Inventory (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONMarch 2, 2015
-typical day involved setting up, and facing the dept when I get in. Work whatever stock we receive on the shelves and put the rest away as overstock. After that, it's pretty much answering customers inquiries and helping them choose the right product for their specific needs.
-learned a lot about the electrical dept. as that's where I was assigned
-co-workers were/are all very friendly people. This is definitely the part where Rona does it right.
-hardest part is probably in the summertime when it gets very busy
I really enjoyed this CO OP
Seasonal Floor Assistant, Co-op placement (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONFebruary 24, 2015
I enjoyed this co op because I was able to help customers out to their cars, water plants, and even stock shelves also I got to put together displays like gazebos
Pros
working outside
Cons
i didnt find any cons
Very happy to be not there anymore!
buyer (Former Employee) –  calgaryFebruary 10, 2015
Company has very little advancement opportunities as expected from a retailer. A lot of people still working the same entry level jobs for 15+ years!!
HR is not very supportive and plain out rude. I applied for a job and the director of HR told that I will not be able to perform on the job and will fail and told me that they will not consider my application any further.
The company pays very low and expect employees to perform at top value. Management is clueless, not professional at all and most have no formal education.
Pros
none- its a retailer!
Cons
low pay and virtually no benefits