RONA Employee Reviews

Rona Job Review
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC9 August 2015
I have never wanted to quit a job so bad in my life, I worked there for two months and the management was horrible our store manager was awesome and kind but our other two managers were so rude, i went home crying three days in two weeks because they were so harsh on their employees. I never had a problem with management in my five years of customer service and working. as for the work its was an okay work atmosphere if the managers were not so horrible I probably would have wanted a career through Rona. Co-workers were the only reason I stayed there for the full two months, it was an awesome team!
Pros
Store mananger hosted team building events like water melon eating contest etc.
Cons
rude management, (but money came off our cheques for it for the team building)
Productive and fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB27 October 2016
Always something new to look forward to each day work there. I enjoy explaining the different products to the customers.
A fun and healthy work environment
Seasonal Worker and Paint Department Worker. (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 July 2016
I've worked at Rona for a few years now and I've grown to enjoy and appreciate the positive environment. The staff treat each other professionally, yet they feel like family.
Pros
I love working with the Rona team
Cons
Minimum Wage
okay work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 September 2016
was slow during winter, employees were very co-operative. not very sympathetic during emergencies that include missing work.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
unsympathetic
Great people but.......
Contractor sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 March 2016
Great place to work. Senior level management was great to work with. Company didn't have a clear direction and always changing direction every six months.
Pros
Work / home life balance
Cons
Head office decision makers never came to the ground level prior to making executive decisions
Its a great team work
MH Picker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 October 2015
There are always something to do. Safety is considerate as a priority and people work with confidence. A solidary team work makes great companies and Rona never was an exception. Management focus in its workers and secondly in productivity, is a worker is happy the productivity is a piece of cake.
Pros
Good work team
Cons
Salary is one factor
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON25 July 2016
Typical day at work is quite exciting, meeting new clients is always fun and interesting. Day by day I learn about the different products/items we carry.
Very happy to be not there anymore!
buyer (Former Employee) –  calgary10 February 2015
Company has very little advancement opportunities as expected from a retailer. A lot of people still working the same entry level jobs for 15+ years!!
HR is not very supportive and plain out rude. I applied for a job and the director of HR told that I will not be able to perform on the job and will fail and told me that they will not consider my application any further.
The company pays very low and expect employees to perform at top value. Management is clueless, not professional at all and most have no formal education.
Pros
none- its a retailer!
Cons
low pay and virtually no benefits
Fun place to work at!
Responsable de la cour à bois (Former Employee) –  Magog, QC25 June 2016
I would wake up, talk to my supervisor to see what I have to do, I would do it with great co-workers and staff and leave with a smile on my face
Rona Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 January 2016
Working at Rona was very enjoyable. Very nice staff and management. Always learning new things with all the customers that ive served. Improved my social and communication skills. Hardest part of the job was keeping track of where everything is in the store. I mostly enjoyed being able to not only work indoors but outdoors as well.
Pros
Always moving
Cons
Repetitive
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB15 June 2016
Fun easy going work place, very friendly staff, flexible hours, always something to work on, my favorite part was meeting new people everyday.
Overall experience
paint sales (Former Employee) –  rexdale28 June 2016
It was a great place to work for those who love diy, power tools, construction materials.

The staff were great at helping me find the Rona routine.
If you thought about working at Rona... Don't.
Sales (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB31 July 2015
I cannot speak for all Ronas, but I had a tremendously hard time when working at Rona on Panet in Winnipeg. I stayed at Rona because of the flexibility during school, and because the co-workers were great. Other than that, customers are miserable because of poor service all the time, management looks down on you and they turn over so fast that I practically had to tell them what to do in frustrating situations. There was a constant lack of staff, and they pay students minimum wage. I stayed at Rona for 4.5 years and it went so downhill since when I started. The store manager was arrogant, didn't talk to any employees, didn't talk to customers except when there was problems, and was very unapproachable. As far as wage went After +4 years I made 25 cents over minimum wage because they give you 20c raise if they want to, once a year. I have seen people layed off because they didn't like them, people forced to transfer to other stores because of lack of budget for hours, seen countless full time people quit then have their positions terminated instead of being filled. In the winter they cut my hours down to like 10 per week to save money. When staff quits, they never come back, not to visit, not to say hi because it was that bad. I liked to say "see ya never" when people left. Anyways, If your still considering working at Rona... Don't.
Pros
Friendly co-workers.
Cons
Very bad management, angry customers, bad hours.
awfull management
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC29 February 2016
when I was there safety was there least concern we never got our deserved overtime any concerns we brought up they would just tell you to go back to work
Pros
N/A
Cons
management
Commis (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC15 February 2016
Nice place to work. Hard to live with the minimum wage salary while doing 35 hours a week. Would've loved to be payed a little more. I think i did alot for the money i had in the bank at the end of the day. Overall great experience for learning.
Fun Place to work
Logistics Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC3 February 2016
The location I worked at was fun and laid back. The atmosphere of the people made it special. Co-workers were always smiling. Management was alright even though they didn't know half the work we did.
Pros
Pretty Flexible
Cons
People don't clean up after themselves
Customer Service Rep
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Waterdown, ON18 May 2016
The company was very organized and schedules were given out two weeks in advance which I enjoyed. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with schedule changes and getting calls the day of asking to come into work.
Overall great place to work
Ron yard worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 May 2015
Great company to work for, positive environment people willing to lend a hand if needed. Building orders driving forklift putting away stock in warehouse. Learned to work as part of a team, drive forklift, work in all weather conditions (hot,cold,rain) Friendly supportive co workers lots of positive relationships built. The flexibility was the hardest part to adapt to with the job (not much room for advancement) The best part of the job was the overall positive environment people and independence we were privileged with.
Pros
Friendly co workers
Cons
Very long hours 10 plus hours but still maintainable
Wasn't Bad
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ON26 April 2016
Working at Rona was excellent had a good time and the co-workers were nice and accepting had no major problems with anyone there the job was fair and they laid down fair rules and expectations
Pros
excellent co-workers, cool managers easy to balance to work and social life
Cons
bad flyers
Busy workplace
Customer Service Personnel (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 April 2016
Its is busy most days, busiest during spring and summer. The staff are nice. The hardest part about working at RONA was being the only C.A.P on shift and its a really busy day and you cant get all the work you need to get done on time.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Really busy