RONA

RONA Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
It was ok but management had favorites
Cashier (Former Employee), Coquitlam, BCDecember 12, 2013
Pros: 10% off my own bills.
Cons: 4 hours a week
Cashier for Rona.
as a cashier I was at the front door till where i had to watch the door and take the cash or debit care credit cards at the till.
When I could I would put the returns away back on the shelf.
Learned a lot about flooring, met some great people, made good summer money
Flooring Clerk & Salesperson (Former Employee), St. John'sNovember 18, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Learned a lot about flooring, met some great people, made good summer money
Dynamic and exciting team atmosphere
Inventory Analyst, Western Canada (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBSeptember 17, 2013
This was a dynamic role under a very good leader

Challenging

Rewarding
Employee's friendly helpful and get along real good, nice cooperative environment
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Abbotsford, BCSeptember 5, 2013
Pros: worked the hours i wanted to
Cons: no long term employment.
I enjoyed working in the greenhouse watering the plants, being outside and pleasant environment to work in. Nice being able to use my garden knowledge to share with customers in helping them to beautify their homes. Busy through mother's day and this was fun.
Love the business of the store.
Needs to grow up and pick up the slack
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABAugust 29, 2013
Pros: flexible hours, occasional staff events, amazing coworkers
Cons: sporadic shifts, unprofessional management, lack of training
Working for RONA definitely has its benefits, such as flexible hours and friendly faces, but sadly it has more cons than pros. In-store management does its best to keep everything in order and organised, and it has slowly improved over recent events, but still needs to put more effort into their job. about half the managers push aside the backbone ethics of being a manager and disregard what their job actually is. On occasion, I've had customers ask me how they've managed to stay in the managerial position, where the associates can handle most situations better than they can. Even with internal affairs, there is slight favoritism and judgmental decision making that has subjected certain individuals with unnecessary inconveniences and makes many of my coworkers, both new and veteran, and myself want to quit and never look back.

As most jobs in town have a high turnover rate, there is also a huge lack in training for any new hires for the company. After orientation, they are simply thrown onto the floor and expect the senior associates to train them. There is training available, but its on a single, older computer that people must make time for in order to learn anything of use. Since there is a lack of coverage, its rare to see anyone wiping the dust off the old beast to learn what they should've known before branding the RONA name.

Its sad to see RONA in this state, considering how much potential is being wasted through various outputs. I wish to see RONA get its act together, grow up, and actually shine in this boomtown, the way it should be.
Fun
Stock Person, Retail, Receiver (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCAugust 26, 2013
Pros: we had an half hour long lunch and a 15 minute break.
Cons: hours are good along with the pay.
Working with Rona was a fun experience for me, I worked with happy go lucky and busy people. the customer service was good and people always left with a smile.
Decent job with fair wage
Night Shift Merchandiser (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBAugust 20, 2013
Pros: fair breaks, easy work, high safety standards
Cons: management doesn't care about night crew, hours cut back often
Worked here for over a year with what I thought was a very good work ethic. But after 13 months with no raise and getting full time hours cut from 40 to 37 I had to leave and find something better. Co-workers were great but management and staff are hard to communicate with working over nights.
A learning experience.
Inventory Control Assistant (Former Employee), Squamish, BCAugust 14, 2013
Pros: highly experienced and professional co-workers, challenging and satisfying daily tasks, and family friendly hours.
Cons: an across the board approach to very distinct regional needs.
Working at Rona was my favourite job. I was challenged daily and I felt valued for my contributions and abilities to solve problems and help my co-workers and customers.

My co-workers were very experienced and never hesitated to help, whether it was a complex building job or a simple question needing an answer.

The hardest part of the job was not the work, but maintaining morale in a rapidly growing corporation. That being said, the store did its best to provide its customers with the best service possible.
Good work environment with capable, talented staff.
Sales Representative/Cashier (Current Employee), Erin, ONAugust 12, 2013
Very friendly workers, knowledgeable and willing. Product inventory needs improving, as well as availability. Very flexible hours for student and family life. Overall great work environement to work and learn!
Amazing
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Windsor, ONAugust 8, 2013
Best job i've held. Delivering supplies to the homes of our customers, loading and unloading vehicles. Customer service care, always outdoors and very fulfilling
Fun but not fun
Cashier (Former Employee), Whitby, ONAugust 2, 2013
Pros: nice people to work with!
Cons: management
I had a great time working at Rona, but some of the management wasn't that great. I had one manager "after" me, she didn't like how I would always ask for help and that I didn't show up for my "shifts". Sometimes I would check to see if I had any shifts and there would be none for the next day. The day came and there she was calling me saying that I didn't show up for my shift that start at a certain time. Didn't seem right, I lost the job because of that!!
Very nice employer
Service à la clientèle (Former Employee), gatineauJuly 19, 2013
Appreciated the physical work, and really enjoyed working close to home.
personal and professional growth
Manager, Customer Service (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 3, 2013
learning curve and a new challenge for me to lead a team of 52 and manage customer service department. It was a personal success to succeed in running a well oiled machine.
Fun place to work and learn
Sales Person / Service Person (Former Employee), North Bay, ONJune 14, 2013
Pros: learned a lot about different job
Cons: this job was only part time with no full time
Great staff and management always willing to let you lean new jobs
Rona, the Home and Builders Store
Commercial Sales (Current Employee), Waterdown, ONJune 2, 2013
Pros: great staff and customers
Cons: incosistent shceduling, nights and weekends irregular
Rona is a great place to work. A typical day would include the order taking for Contractors for goods taken cash and carry as well as deliveries. Looking at each project and applying pricing that will secure the sale for the division. We field many phone calls about tool rentals, pricing, deliveries , etc. I work with a dynamic group of co workers an managers who all support each other when very busy and with our decision making. The most difficult thing with the job is the short notice shedules and working 2 nights and weekends , making it difficut to schedule personal things or maintain a consistent flow with family obligations. What I do enjoy about my job is the ability to develop long lasting Contractor relationships and feel like I am an integral part of their purchasing and success for each of their jobs.
helping, working as one team
Customer Service (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABMay 29, 2013
Pros: helping costumers
Cons: not doing my best
Workin together helping costumers working hard... working as a team needs great managers to work for and with.
Great staff and Wonderful Customer
Customer Service Representative, (Current Employee), Airdrie, ABMay 17, 2013
Pros: friendly staff and customers
Cons: wages are too low.
A typical day at Rona is always one that keeps you on your toes.
I have learned to cut keys and how to identify different types of nails, and screws.
Management is very approachable and helpful.
My co workers are the best part of the job.
The most difficult part of the job is sku searching.
The most enjoyable part is the popcorn and the customers.
a bit monotonous
Electrical department sales (Former Employee), Pierrefonds, QCApril 30, 2013
Pros: long lunch, discount, good managment
Cons: boring
i work for Rona in montreal for a year. Overall i enjoyed the time. The only down side of working for rona is at least in my department, the job got a bit boring. Most of your time is filling and organizing the merchendise. For a part time job it was ok but i couldn't see myself working full time at rona. The pay was a bit on the low side but apart from that it was great. The managment was good, long lunch, discount on product.... overall its great first job but not a good idea for a full time employment.
Productive workplace
Part-time cashier (Former Employee), Waterdown, ONApril 15, 2013
- Co-workers made it enjoyable to work with
- hardest part of the job is dealing with customers that may think that everything can happen with a snap of the fingers
- management definitely tries to work with you as a part time employee to get enough hours and get time off when needed.
A nice place to work
Finance/Sales/Service (Current Employee), Kelowna, BCMarch 4, 2013
Pros: relaxed atmosphere
Cons: to many managers, no benefits
I really enjoy working for this company. I have been working in Big Box stores for over ten years and enjoy working with the public. There is lots of incentive programs for staff.

About RONA

Rona Inc. is a Canadian distributor and retailer hardware, home improvement and gardening products. Rona was founded in 1939.