RONA Employee Reviews in Canada

nice place to work
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Regina, SKMay 4, 2016
This is a nice place to work, However not well managed lately. Busy always. some folks are really knowledgeable. Not having enough staff some times is challenge.
Another fine job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 13, 2016
I didn't get anything from this job.

It was solely to pay the bills between jobs.

The people were decent and it was pretty fun.
Forklift operator/ maintenance (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 21, 2016
great place to work. everyone is friendly and willing to lend a helping hand when needed. co-workers are all great people.
Great People - Tasking Work.
Cashier/Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Uxbridge, ONJuly 25, 2015
Since there is already a lot of "infrastructure" established within the store, it is very difficult for a new-comer to get a hang of things. Very little formal training is provided. Often times a customer with an account who is familiar with the rest of the staff, whom you have never seen before, may expect you to recognize them and give them their Contractor's Discount or to fulfill certain tasks that need to be done with their transaction without them telling you. Can be stressful to get used to. As well, the store's main function is of a lumber yard. Unless you are able to use the ordering computers and know a lot about woods and building materials, you won't be able to help out many customers and will serve solely as a cashier. Other than that, the experience is great and I have learned a lot about hardware since working here. Supportive management. Very casual environment.
Pros
Friendly team, friendly customers, competent and knowledgable staff
Cons
Short hours
Good place to work with good people.
Lumber Yard Associate (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKJuly 25, 2015
This is a good place to work, with lots to learn and usually lots to do. I learned a lot about building materials and customer service. The management was far from great, but for the most part decent. The wage and the ability to keep moving up was sub-par. The hardest part of the job was learning to deal with different customers and work well in a fast paced environment, such as a lumber yard, but I adapted quickly. The most enjoyable part of the job was the co-workers.
Pros
Good social club for employees.
Cons
Poor wage, managment and ability to move up in the company.
love my job
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Nepean, ONMarch 4, 2016
I love interacting with the contractors everyday. They make my job worth going to everyday. My manager is always in a good mood.
Good Job for high school students or people younger then 30
Custmer service,Yard Staff (Former Employee) –  South Surrey, BCJanuary 10, 2015
It's a good place to learn some job skills and some costumer service skills and work for a short term. Not something you can really get advancement in unless the higher ups like you. So doesn't matter if you bust your butt off or if your a lazy slob if the management liked you, you got promoted. Not that there is much advancement. Typical day is like any other typical day in retail at a big store. co workers were pretty easy to get along with and worth with. Hardest part of the job was setting up a new display or reorganizing the yard.
Pros
got proper brakes and a proper lunch room, get paid for overtime, decent staff overall
Cons
poor managment, not much room for advancment
Good part-time job
Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee) –  Port Perry, ONMay 19, 2015
At RONA a typical day consists of shipping and receiving as the jobs title entails. Trucks come in almost daily with product which needs to be unloaded and put away both in the store and yard. Shipping customers is a huge part of the job which can be difficult at times when shipping large orders during a busy day, but it helps the day go by fast. The most enjoyable part of the job is using the equipment such as the bobcats in winter and the forklifts for loading and unloading, and putting stock away. The hardest and most time consuming part of the job is rotating and putting away new inventory.
Pros
Working outside and knowledge gained by working there
Cons
Great place to work for school students.
FRONT-END MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABJanuary 7, 2016
I started working at rona when I was still in school, now that I am out of school, I need a change. Rona was great to me, but the atmosphere isnt the greatest.
Enjoyable pat of my job
CUSTOMER SERVICE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Waterdown, ONNovember 9, 2015
I Work for Rona for 5yrs. I just got layoff because of slow business.
I wasFrontend supervisor and taking care of 30 staff members.I enjoyed my job, I love my coworkers and my managers.we were the great team. I was taking care of daily paperwork, counting safe, taking care of credit applications ,taking care of schedule, ordering stuff for daily needs.
productive and challenging
Crane truck driver (Former Employee) –  Cranbrook, BCDecember 1, 2015
everyday was something new and challenging to learn and do.I obtained great experience and satisfication.all the people worked really well together providing a great work inviroment to be around..
Head cashier, vault associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 5, 2016
worked weekends to account for being in school. They are very good at making compromises and allowing for time off when needed.
A good working environment, but would need to be more attentive to staff relations.
Flooring Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 19, 2012
The staff in the main were reliable and work conscious. I can't say I saw many people with their minds on a career in Rona. It was mostly a part-time situation for the bulk of the staff. I learned a lot about people and management, but don't forget I come from a vast different background (time-wise) to present-day requirements and attitudes. I'm what one would call old-school in thought, word and deed. The hardest part of the job was the volume of lifting and carrying (half a ton to a ton each day). The most enjoyable part of the job was the camaraderie with the customers and staff. For me, life is too short to be too serious. I believe one can still mix business with pleasure.
Pros
set my own days for working
Cons
i didn't find any.
Decent job with fair wage
Night Shift Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBAugust 20, 2013
Worked here for over a year with what I thought was a very good work ethic. But after 13 months with no raise and getting full time hours cut from 40 to 37 I had to leave and find something better. Co-workers were great but management and staff are hard to communicate with working over nights.
Pros
fair breaks, easy work, high safety standards
Cons
management doesn't care about night crew, hours cut back often
Great co-workers and happy attitudes
merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 10, 2015
Friendly and happy, glad i got to work at this job and learn the ins and outs of being a merchandiser. it is awesome and fun but the wages are low and the hours are short. i need more to be able to balance all my bills,
Pros
Nearby
Cons
Low wages
learned alot of skills
Yard Foreman (Former Employee) –  Collingwood, ONJanuary 4, 2014
I would start work at 7am and make sure all loads were pulled for deliveries and make sure all purchase orders were ready for receiving. I learned to be a better team leader and gained lots of experience the management was a great part of our team, also enjoyed being part of the management as the yard foreman. My co-workers were great to work with and were hard workers. The hardest part of the job was making sure all my yard staff was completing all their duties for the day. The most enjoyable part of the job was all the experience i learned through all that i accomplished.
Pros
pleasing contractors
great place to work
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 27, 2015
working a coca cola was a great learning and growing experience everyone there is friendly and helpful very organized warehouse.
Busy Enviornment
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 26, 2015
Very busy environment in which customer service and knowledge of products is key. The day goes by very fast and management is easy to deal with.
Productive workplace
Merchandising and Stocking (Current Employee) –  Penticton, BCNovember 12, 2015
I enjoy working there because its one of the many little things I can do to help people. As well as learning new job skills that would help me further in the work industry.
Pros
snacks sometimes
Cons
heavy lifting
great first job for any high school student
Carry out (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONNovember 22, 2015
stock shelves
bring carts inside
help customers
i learner alot about lumber and construction
my co working were really laid back
Pros
outgoing co workers
Cons
not enough hours