RONA Employee Reviews in Canada

Head cashier, vault associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 5, 2016
worked weekends to account for being in school. They are very good at making compromises and allowing for time off when needed.
Busy Enviornment
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 26, 2015
Very busy environment in which customer service and knowledge of products is key. The day goes by very fast and management is easy to deal with.
great place to work
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 27, 2015
working a coca cola was a great learning and growing experience everyone there is friendly and helpful very organized warehouse.
Productive workplace
Merchandising and Stocking (Current Employee) –  Penticton, BCNovember 12, 2015
I enjoy working there because its one of the many little things I can do to help people. As well as learning new job skills that would help me further in the work industry.
Pros
snacks sometimes
Cons
heavy lifting
great first job for any high school student
Carry out (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONNovember 22, 2015
stock shelves
bring carts inside
help customers
i learner alot about lumber and construction
my co working were really laid back
Pros
outgoing co workers
Cons
not enough hours
farmers store
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Embrun, ONJuly 27, 2015
ordering merchandise
management of my department
ok management
dealing with picky customers
knowing that i have done my job right

it a store that sell farmers clothing and equipments
Very positive working environment.
CSR (Current Employee) –  BramptonJuly 16, 2015
I learned many workplace skills from the employees at RONA. It is an excellent company and I have nothing but positive things to say about management and the company.
great staff and challenges
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  oakvilleMarch 4, 2015
everyday was something new and challenging from the staff, customers and logistics. very competitive industry which kept it exciting. learnt alot in this role and helped develop, coach and promote others to get them to their next level in their career
It was better than expected
Chargé des ententes commerciales (Former Employee) –  Boucherville, QCJune 2, 2015
working a office was different for me. I didn't hate it. I loved some of my co-workers, they were really nice to me and tought me alot about RONA and how things work.

it was really well paid and long hours, so I liked it. But after my 2nd summer, I didn't see my self work there no more.
Pros
nice co-workers
Cons
boring
Front end Supervisor/ Vault Clerk
Full time sales associate to Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Camrose, ABSeptember 7, 2015
Working at RONA was a great experience I advanced quickly to Head Cashier. I learned a lot of skills in working with money as part of my duty was to make floats, balance safe, make customer payments, and send the accounting information to the head office.
Pros
fairly flexible schedule, coorworkers
A good working environment, but would need to be more attentive to staff relations.
Flooring Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 19, 2012
The staff in the main were reliable and work conscious. I can't say I saw many people with their minds on a career in Rona. It was mostly a part-time situation for the bulk of the staff. I learned a lot about people and management, but don't forget I come from a vast different background (time-wise) to present-day requirements and attitudes. I'm what one would call old-school in thought, word and deed. The hardest part of the job was the volume of lifting and carrying (half a ton to a ton each day). The most enjoyable part of the job was the camaraderie with the customers and staff. For me, life is too short to be too serious. I believe one can still mix business with pleasure.
Pros
set my own days for working
Cons
i didn't find any.
Decent job with fair wage
Night Shift Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBAugust 20, 2013
Worked here for over a year with what I thought was a very good work ethic. But after 13 months with no raise and getting full time hours cut from 40 to 37 I had to leave and find something better. Co-workers were great but management and staff are hard to communicate with working over nights.
Pros
fair breaks, easy work, high safety standards
Cons
management doesn't care about night crew, hours cut back often
learned alot of skills
Yard Foreman (Former Employee) –  Collingwood, ONJanuary 4, 2014
I would start work at 7am and make sure all loads were pulled for deliveries and make sure all purchase orders were ready for receiving. I learned to be a better team leader and gained lots of experience the management was a great part of our team, also enjoyed being part of the management as the yard foreman. My co-workers were great to work with and were hard workers. The hardest part of the job was making sure all my yard staff was completing all their duties for the day. The most enjoyable part of the job was all the experience i learned through all that i accomplished.
Pros
pleasing contractors
Cons
If not for changes, I'll still be here.
LOGISTICS COORDINATOR & PAYROLL ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCOctober 9, 2015
Pleasant people at this office are friendly and outgoing. Co-workers are a blast to work with. Environment is very nice.
good start up job, not a great career job.
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 14, 2015
Rona is a great job for young people trying to gain work experience, but it was definitely not the most organized place.hardest part of the job was dealing with unruly customers, and some mangers did not seem to know much about their own store. co workers are generally ice though. typical day included your daily routine, which is based on your department. most enjoyable part was making new friends.
Pros
Met some great people.
Cons
Everything was pretty unorganized, and a lot of employees got away with things they shouldnt.
Good work enviroment and learned lots
General help (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NewfoundlandMay 6, 2015
I would start my day off by serving customers in the lumber yard then as the day continued I would use the forklift to stock up material. Working at Rona taught me better communication skills and also working together with co-workers
Pros
Learned lots about the construction business
Cons
Poor management
A morning in the lumber yard.
Shipping/Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 23, 2015
so my day would start off with checking the forklift log book and inspecting the forklifts of any damage. i would then go on the forklift and stock and product that was becoming low , and ship customers.
Pros
working outside.
Cons
the washroom was at the front of the store, by checkout.
Being a small company, the workplace was a relaxed, but productive atmosphere.
Roof Truss Builder (Former Employee) –  Port Hope, ONOctober 16, 2012
A typical day at work required me to be on my feet on concrete
floors for long hours. We worked 10 hour shifts. The work ethics
such as getting along with my co-workers and working as a group at
various tables. We had to resolve problems to fit our customers needs.

At various times, I was required to act as shift Leadhand for the evening shift. I not only made sure the customer got his order on
time, I had the responsibility to oversee my co-workers and make sure the order was not only completed, but at the same time, gain the respect of myfellow co-workers to make sure the order wa done right to the customers specifications.

Management was quite co-operative and supportive. I got along
well with my department supervisor. He will be more than happy
to provide you with an excellent reference when I get hired. He
will be quite willing to let you know I'm a team player and excellent
and conscientious worker.
Pros
productivity levels up -meant we got fridays off early.
Cons
working with employees much younger than myself, them not caring about the quality of their work, disrespecting management. they were there just for the paycheque.
Fast Paced Retail Industry
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCFebruary 18, 2014
Oversee audits of all incoming shipments, conduct complex reconcile of inventory and work closely with operations manager on shrink and internal controls affecting the store. Refer non-compliance issues to Internal Audit Team, Distribution Centre, Loss and Prevention and the Transport Agent. Overseeing team of six (6) staff and Richmond Location.
Pros
retail industry
Cons
long hours and unappreciated by management....
co workers are great
Delivery Driver and forklift operator (Current Employee) –  Regina, SKJuly 22, 2015
Walk around inspection of the truck. Preview days delivery and plan route. Pick orders ,load truck, and deliver customer orders.

The daily involvement with the customers as the orders are delivered.
Pros
working outdoors
Cons
traffic