RONA

RONA Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Close working team to satisfy the customer.
Sales Clerk (Former Employee), North Bay, ONSeptember 24, 2012
Pros: the staff gettogethers
Cons: wages
The hardest part of the job is when there is not enough staff to handle the customers and phones at peak times. Long time Rona co-workers are comfortable with their position. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing a customer smile with fast correct orders of products. What I learned the most was safety practices/ precations, in the work envirnment.
Growing home improvement company that provided many opportunites to learn and gain great knowledge.
Store Manager (Former Employee), Surrey, BCJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: great customer interation
Cons: long and varied days
A varied work day with every day being different. If you love working with people this is the place to be. Lots of on the job training and coaching. Lots of room for growth. The best part are the customers and finding ways to solve their home improvement problems.
fun
Cashier (Former Employee), Richmond, BCMarch 25, 2014
Pros: discounted item
Cons: standing for 8 hours
We start getting information from supervisor our promos for the day/ special discounted price.We get our numbers of which cash register we are in. We have our own password. Management monitoring us and back us up in case there were problems we cannot resolve. Co workers is very supportive. The hardest part is when the store was going to close and file for bankruptcy .
Most enjoyable part of my job
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER /OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABOctober 1, 2015
Pros: alot of staff building programs . Monthly events for the staff
Cons: micro managment by store leader..No hands on with the managment team
I enjoyed my time with the staff and Management team. There are a lot of learning curves for a new team to over come and time will help this. The work environment was enjoyable. The staff can make your day for sure.
fast past environment. good company to work for
Head Cashier (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 29, 2014
Pros: they care and have staff appreciation events
Cons: fast paced and physically demanding.
Fast past, always on and dealing with customers, anticipating needs and making sure we go above and beyond. coworkers are great job requires a lot of lifting and standing and can be physically exhausting on a very busy day. But I enjoy the people and the day goes by fast.
Flexibility
Cash Clerk (Retail) (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 28, 2012
As a student, Rona has offered me very flexible hours. Rona has always worked around my schedule. I have built on my experience through this company in a great way. Their management is great and has always understood its employers issues or concerns. Rona has an great environment, I feel very comfortable working there. I get along with all the employers has they have great to offer.
it was a welcoming place to work and leaned allot of helpful tips
lumber yard labourer (Former Employee), Williams Lake, BCFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: learning and getting the expierence of working there
Cons: sometimes ran out of work
the most enjoyable part of my job at the time was making sure the customer was happy when he left the yard and because there happiness came first before anything my co-workers were great to work with and were always asking if i need help
Enjoyable pat of my job
CUSTOMER SERVICE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Waterdown, ONNovember 9, 2015
I Work for Rona for 5yrs. I just got layoff because of slow business.
I wasFrontend supervisor and taking care of 30 staff members.I enjoyed my job, I love my coworkers and my managers.we were the great team. I was taking care of daily paperwork, counting safe, taking care of credit applications ,taking care of schedule, ordering stuff for daily needs.
Rona Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 5, 2016
Pros: Always moving
Cons: Repetitive
Working at Rona was very enjoyable. Very nice staff and management. Always learning new things with all the customers that ive served. Improved my social and communication skills. Hardest part of the job was keeping track of where everything is in the store. I mostly enjoyed being able to not only work indoors but outdoors as well.
Rona Fort McMurray was one of the most disheartening places to work.
Flooring department Customer Service (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABAugust 2, 2012
Pros: slight better than minimum wage pay.
Cons: bad management
The store was a terrible place to work and is undermanaged. many of the staff are very unhappy with how they were treated in the for Mcmurray branch of rona. there are almost no instore promotions, and no proper training.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 30, 2014
Pros: bar bq's in the summer
Cons: training on some aspects of the job (electronics)
A typical day was me getting there half hour early ,counting the floats,setting up the store for the business of the day. Making sure the computer tower was on and sending information to head office.I would be alone for aprox. One hour and my partner would show up.
very good place to work
❸ Department head of electrical department (Former Employee), St. John's, NLJuly 20, 2014
a typical day at rona would be as follows,check on stock supply in store,to see if stock is needed in store.Check on outstanding orders from contractors,if any ,get ready.Next we would serve customers( if any customers r in store before we get to these cores, they would have to come first ).Co-workers were great.
Front end Supervisor/ Vault Clerk
Full time sales associate to Head Cashier (Former Employee), Camrose, ABSeptember 7, 2015
Pros: fairly flexible schedule, coorworkers
Working at RONA was a great experience I advanced quickly to Head Cashier. I learned a lot of skills in working with money as part of my duty was to make floats, balance safe, make customer payments, and send the accounting information to the head office.
Its a great team work
MH Picker (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 30, 2015
Pros: Good work team
Cons: Salary is one factor
There are always something to do. Safety is considerate as a priority and people work with confidence. A solidary team work makes great companies and Rona never was an exception. Management focus in its workers and secondly in productivity, is a worker is happy the productivity is a piece of cake.
Retail environment. Assist customer in order to achieve maximum customer service. Friendly employment environment and very fast paced.
Head Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 17, 2015
The company is very easy going. The management team are very helpful and approachable. Having to help customers and seeing a smile on their faces is the high light of our day.
It was better than expected
Chargé des ententes commerciales (Former Employee), Boucherville, QCJune 2, 2015
Pros: nice co-workers
Cons: boring
working a office was different for me. I didn't hate it. I loved some of my co-workers, they were really nice to me and tought me alot about RONA and how things work.

it was really well paid and long hours, so I liked it. But after my 2nd summer, I didn't see my self work there no more.
Good work enviroment and learned lots
General help (Former Employee), St. John's, NewfoundlandMay 6, 2015
Pros: Learned lots about the construction business
Cons: Poor management
I would start my day off by serving customers in the lumber yard then as the day continued I would use the forklift to stock up material. Working at Rona taught me better communication skills and also working together with co-workers
average
lumber yard as customer service (Former Employee), Spruce Grove, ABOctober 25, 2014
Pros: good guys to work with and the part time hours
Cons: very poor management
My job consisted of delivering lumber products on tri-em Mack ,loading customer orders , driving forlifts, Moffat attached to Mack, reach trucks.
I worked part time Tues,Wed,Thurs.
I enjoyed the work but the place is very poorly managed
A morning in the lumber yard.
Shipping/Receiving Clerk (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 23, 2015
Pros: working outside.
Cons: the washroom was at the front of the store, by checkout.
so my day would start off with checking the forklift log book and inspecting the forklifts of any damage. i would then go on the forklift and stock and product that was becoming low , and ship customers.
Productive workplace
Part-time cashier (Former Employee), Waterdown, ONApril 15, 2013
- Co-workers made it enjoyable to work with
- hardest part of the job is dealing with customers that may think that everything can happen with a snap of the fingers
- management definitely tries to work with you as a part time employee to get enough hours and get time off when needed.