RONA

RONA Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Growing home improvement company that provided many opportunites to learn and gain great knowledge.
Store Manager (Former Employee), Surrey, BCJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: great customer interation
Cons: long and varied days
A varied work day with every day being different. If you love working with people this is the place to be. Lots of on the job training and coaching. Lots of room for growth. The best part are the customers and finding ways to solve their home improvement problems.
Good Job for high school students or people younger then 30
Custmer service,Yard Staff (Former Employee), South Surrey, BCJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: got proper brakes and a proper lunch room, get paid for overtime, decent staff overall
Cons: poor managment, not much room for advancment
It's a good place to learn some job skills and some costumer service skills and work for a short term. Not something you can really get advancement in unless the higher ups like you. So doesn't matter if you bust your butt off or if your a lazy slob if the management liked you, you got promoted. Not that there is much advancement. Typical day is like any other typical day in retail at a big store. co workers were pretty easy to get along with and worth with. Hardest part of the job was setting up a new display or reorganizing the yard.
mangment sucked
flooring sales department (Former Employee), ABJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: wendys being close
Cons: employees
being in a rough patch costumers loved when they actually got the help that the required the co-workers alwasy ran in to a area with out camaras and left it to the new co-workers inorder to help them with out any knowledge fo the products managment was terabble expected to shove palets where you could where ever you had the room senior co-workers where unpleasent to work with hardest part of the job was understaning customers that did not speak english but still had the respect to help them reguadless most enjoyable patr of it was i helped people get what they needed at the end of the day
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 30, 2014
Pros: bar bq's in the summer
Cons: training on some aspects of the job (electronics)
A typical day was me getting there half hour early ,counting the floats,setting up the store for the business of the day. Making sure the computer tower was on and sending information to head office.I would be alone for aprox. One hour and my partner would show up.
pretty good
Yard Person (Former Employee), Fort Qu'AppelleDecember 29, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
its a very fun place to work. they were very friendly and were very patient while I was training
Great workplace excellent co workers good management
Yard worker (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKNovember 6, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: nights and weekend shifts
Great fun workplace lots of staff lunches and god management
funplace to work
Service Clerk (Former Employee), Orangeville, ONNovember 4, 2014
Pros: funplace to work
I put many years into this job with knowledge of the whole store learning is what liked about this place always learning new things everyday and communicating with the customer
City job
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONNovember 2, 2014
Pros: good pay, coworkers, and training was great
Cons: easy job not rewarding
Great place to work, very easy going with management. A lot of freedom and great coworkers to work with. Pay was good and training was well done.
fast past environment. good company to work for
Head Cashier (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 29, 2014
Pros: they care and have staff appreciation events
Cons: fast paced and physically demanding.
Fast past, always on and dealing with customers, anticipating needs and making sure we go above and beyond. coworkers are great job requires a lot of lifting and standing and can be physically exhausting on a very busy day. But I enjoy the people and the day goes by fast.
average
lumber yard as customer service (Former Employee), Spruce Grove, ABOctober 25, 2014
Pros: good guys to work with and the part time hours
Cons: very poor management
My job consisted of delivering lumber products on tri-em Mack ,loading customer orders , driving forlifts, Moffat attached to Mack, reach trucks.
I worked part time Tues,Wed,Thurs.
I enjoyed the work but the place is very poorly managed
RONA summary
Merchandiser/ Stock/ Customer assistance (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 5, 2014
Some days where slow, some days where really fast. Always on your feet helping out customers and putting in stock. I learned about the world of business that i was told about at school and applied it.
The management where great they really did teach us a lot. My co-workers where also great really helping me with the experience. The hardest part of the job was when the trucks came in those where the busiest days but those where the most rewarding. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing you helping a customer find what they where looking for.
Horrible management
Roof truss designer (Current Employee), CalgaryAugust 27, 2014
Cons: cost+15% on selected items in the store
I worked for Rona for 2 years. When I started it was Totem. When Rona took over, all morel went down. They put inexperienced people in management positions with absolutely no people skills. They micro managed and would not allow a day off unless you told them exactly what it was for and you needed to bring in proof. Management demanded that staff over ride architect stamped plans to please the customers even though what the customer wanted could not be done.

Please think twice before considering a position with Rona.
Standard retail business
Cashier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 24, 2014
Cashier responsibilities were the main portion of this job serving customers with purchases and returns.
Good Comapny
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Powell River, BCJuly 21, 2014
Great owner but not a lot of room for advancement. Place is very up in down for sales.
very good place to work
❸ Department head of electrical department (Former Employee), St. John's, NLJuly 20, 2014
a typical day at rona would be as follows,check on stock supply in store,to see if stock is needed in store.Check on outstanding orders from contractors,if any ,get ready.Next we would serve customers( if any customers r in store before we get to these cores, they would have to come first ).Co-workers were great.
receiver/shipper
Receiver/Shipper (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJune 26, 2014
Provided a valuable part of the store team; developed organizational skills; scheduled deliveries and shipments
good work
Retail Clerk (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCJune 18, 2014
Pros: good people.
working at Rona was one of the best career that I had ever had. good people and good work. I enjoyed going to work and seeing my coworkers work around me as I did my best for the company. it was a same that I was laid of with 5 other people when times were not so good.
Amazing employees
Garden Center (Former Employee), Oakville, ONJune 16, 2014
Pros: freezes on hot days
Cons: expected to work volunteer rather then focus on studies
while working at rona i got to meet some amazingly friendly people, they were all friendly and understanding
Great work place
paint/ decor (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJune 4, 2014
A typical day at work would include. Number one priority Customer service, Down stalking, keeping the department clean and organized
At Rona I've learned how to program paint colours by the paint charts and using the machine to mix the paint for the customers. I also learned how to cut blinds according to our measure book, Roller blinds wood blinds ect. I enjoyed working with my co-workers they were very helpful with training me and being very patient on how I learn. The hardest part of the job was being on your own especially when it got busy. Great customer service is hard to accomplish when you are on your own for 4 hours or more with all the duties you need to get done by closing time. My most enjoyable part of the job was being able to satisfy the customer, and mixing the paint.
Fun workplace with great staff
Assembler (Former Employee), Leamington, ONMay 29, 2014
Pros: good team members.
Cons: 1 person that always complained
Every day you learned something new - new skills for retail and customer service. The management team was very hands on and encouraging. My co-workers were very knowledgeable and very willing to share their knowledge so no matter what department you worked in you always learned more. The hardest part of the job was when we ran out of stock and the bes

About RONA

Rona Inc. is a Canadian distributor and retailer hardware, home improvement and gardening products. Rona was founded in 1939.