RONA Employee Reviews

fun place to work
Salesperson (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON13 April 2017
stacked some wood fixed it up and helped customers out, with customers i would show there where the wood was that they needed and what would is best suited for each specific thing they are trying to design and create.
Pros
nice staff
Cons
Was a good place to work
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 April 2017
Until they got new managers then it went all down the drain. I did enjoy the staff I worked with. I did think that we could have hired more people and it always seemed like they would make us short handed instead of hiring some people.
learned lots but didn't like the management
Lumber Yard Worker (Former Employee) –  Simcoe, ON8 April 2017
Was told I was going to get a raise for like 7 months and didn't see a dime then told I was gonna be reimbursed by the assistant manager then got laughed at by the actually manager saying no k was going to get my raise when I got it
Pros
laid back
Cons
if you worked hard you got nothing to show for it
Too many management and not enough training.
Yard staff (Former Employee) –  Cobble Hill, BC5 April 2017
They said they would have me job shadow someone.It did not happen.The management talks over management.For the amount of work expected salary very low,and the boss in the yard,needs to stay in the army.Was a know it all who knew nothing and was not good with his employees at all!!Was willing to work and to do a good job but didn't last long enough.Turn over there really high!!!
Pros
poor mamangement
Environnement de travail et perspectives
Conseiller-vendeurs couvre-plancher/cour à bois (Current Employee) –  Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, QC30 March 2017
Bonne environnement de travail, le travail est simple. Les perspective d'avenir ne sont pas très élevé, il est difficile de monter et d'avoir de nouveaux défis.
Pros
Environnement de travail et affiation social
Cons
Salaire
Wonderful Place to Work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON29 March 2017
Working at RONA has been a wonderful experience. Employees are always nice and ready to help you whenever you have any questions. I have been able to improve on my problem solving skills as well as improve my customer service skills whenever customers had a problem or concern with either the product or their service. Management was always there to help out when the store got busy and answer questions.
Great environment to work
Lumber Associate (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, AB29 March 2017
Hardest part is working outdoors in the winter time.
Most enjoyable would be the staff you can work with.
Lots of fun surprise lunches.
Great holiday employee activities.
Pros
Lots of fun days
Cons
little communication
Fun
Yard Associate (Former Employee) –  Wallaceburg, ON25 March 2017
Great atmosphere and very fun to work with. Very professional staff that are very helpful for whatever project your working on. Professional's that are experts in their fields.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Front-End Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON22 March 2017
A very enjoyable place to work with kind and caring employees. Fellow coworkers are very helpful and are always around to give assistance when needed.
Fellow workers
Yard Worker/ stocker inside store (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC16 March 2017
People can be very lazy and you have to keep fixing there mistakes. its very slow in the evening. Rona cares so much about safety of employees for example you have to where a hard hat outside while taking down racking
Plus jamais !
Chef-Caissière (Former Employee) –  Candiac, QC15 March 2017
N'allais pas travailler au Reno-Depot Candiac, à moins que vous aimiez licher des bottes. Favoritisme, aucune reconnaissance surtout les étudiants. Tu as beau être la 4 ans si ils décident de te faire chi*** ils vont tout faire pour te mettre dehors. Je ne recommande surtout pas, commerage aux caisses, backstab des employés et la direction c'est juste du gros n'importe quoi. Seul point positif c'est si tu fais ta petite affaire sans brasser de vagues alors tu t'en sors, horaire flexible et beaucoup de pauses.
Pros
Horaire, pauses
Cons
Direction, commérage, ambiance
Very great set of skills that were learned from Rona
Assist customers (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON14 March 2017
Vast and unique skills in many fields such as customer service, lumber treatment and care, lumber product information and uses, Hazardous protocol and rules, Etc. Rona was the stepping stone to which i learned many skills i do use everyday.
Pros
Great co-workers, Simple tasks, Great Store
Cons
Some unusual tasks, Lack of structure in the yard
Great place to advance
Customer Experience Manager (Former Employee) –  Flamborough, ON14 March 2017
The management team excels in coaching it's employees in order to let them advance throughout the company and cross train them in various areas of the store.
on est comme une famille
Conseillère ressources humaines (Former Employee) –  Sherbrooke, QC12 March 2017
L'ambiance de travail est définitivement le point marquant de cette compagnie. Très axée sur le service à la clientèle et l'évolution de ses employés, RONA a une structure très définie concernant la formation et l'intégration. On s'y sent chez soi dès la première semaine.
Pros
Intégration et formation, ambiance de travail, collègues, tâches, avantages sociaux
Cons
salaire (mais les avantages sociaux et l'ambiance comblent amplement)
Unorganized/ Poor Management
Stock/ Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Leamington, ON10 March 2017
The job is enjoyable in that I work nights - part time - with one other person so we don't have to deal with management. A typical day is filled with frustration due to poor procedures and systems and disorganization. Most people there hate their jobs and upper management so the culture in not a positive one. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the many changes in procedure due to poor planning, mismanagement and extra workload due to laziness/ negativity of full time staff.
Pros
Night shift
Cons
Poor management
Productive and friendly place to work.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 March 2017
Everyone there made me feel extremely welcome and they were very kind and patient. Always wanting to help others out. The staff made it a great place to be and I am lucky to have experienced this.
Pros
Great staff
Terrible environemnt
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 March 2017
I stocked shelves, helped customers and watered plants. One valuable lesson i learned was how to communicate with others in an appropriate and efficient manner.
Unorganized, horribly managed
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB8 March 2017
I've been with Rona for a number of years working part time while going to school.
This corporation does NOT care about their employees. During slow season I'm lucky getting 10 hours a week, even after asking management to switch departments in order for more hours, to which they completely ignored.
Pros
Cons
Poorly managed, no consideration for part time employees
Fun workplace, good people
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON6 March 2017
Typical day at work included heading to the Receiving area where i would grab a pump cart, pick a skid of product, and head out into the store to put that product away. some days there was alot of skids, and we would be doing them all day. but some days, or on slower periods of the year there were barely any skids.
break room is cool, i like the quiet room with the comfy couch. When youre not pulling skids, you are spotting for someone on a machine, or wrapping and banding product to prepare it to either be shipped, or put in the steel.
the hardest part of the job was that some product was too heavy to lift on my own, or the work was long and strenuous. your feet hurt at the end of the day and maybe your back too. long 8 hours of standing on your feet.
great source of exercise however. The crew i worked with was fun to be around and working with them often made the shift go by faster
Pros
good exercise
Cons
Long hours on your feet
Amazing environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON6 March 2017
Rona has a great workplace environment with friendly employees as well as an approachable management team. They are very accommodating and value you as a person, not only an employee.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RONA. Our community is ready to answer.