RONA Employee Reviews

Commis (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC15 February 2016
Nice place to work. Hard to live with the minimum wage salary while doing 35 hours a week. Would've loved to be payed a little more. I think i did alot for the money i had in the bank at the end of the day. Overall great experience for learning.
Fun workplace
Yardman (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 August 2016
Boring. Just go with the flow. Unorganized management. Do by yourself. Good people around. Helping more customer in other department. Home time is always a good one.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Short Hours for part time
Great company to work for
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 November 2016
Great management who takes care of the staff and is approachable, friendly and respectful co-workers and plenty of opportunities to learn something new everyday,
Great place to work and meet people
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON29 November 2016
Management was always kind, great staff, helpful learning tool in the form of computer course based of departments, and customers always happy that you can help.
productive
Vault clerk (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB6 January 2017
Productivity, getting more experience, multiple tasking, good environment, good management, full time job. I am enjoying my job everyday and I learn more and more..
a little unorganized
Sales/Yard Associate (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB21 November 2016
in their product system they would change their quick code without notice. finding items in the back was like playing hide and go seek, but the chances off you finding it are slim.
Pros
positive work enviroment
Cons
their systems would be offline or wont work for certian computers
To follow the days tasks of restocking shellves to helping the customers with there needs ..
Paint Sales / Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 October 2016
The job was fun .. If you did extra when they (Rona) needed you then they would allways return the favor .. learned a lot of skills The hard part was working weekends ..
Pros
Great and easy work ..
Cons
..Didnt like working Sats
Great learning experience
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC19 December 2016
Volunteering at Rona was a great learning experience for me. The staff were hard working and very helpful towards customers. hardest part of the job was understanding where things were located in the store.
Its a great team work
MH Picker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 October 2015
There are always something to do. Safety is considerate as a priority and people work with confidence. A solidary team work makes great companies and Rona never was an exception. Management focus in its workers and secondly in productivity, is a worker is happy the productivity is a piece of cake.
Pros
Good work team
Cons
Salary is one factor
good for part
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 December 2016
Fun people to work with but not very much pay and weird hours. if the staff made commission would be more of a motivator. Plus weird hours mess up a persons sleep and social schedules.
its a job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB5 May 2016
a typical day at Rona, its busy, we greet customers, we ring them through, we make pop corn, we cash in/out. I personally have learned how to multitask more then I have ever had to before. Management for the most part is great lately not so much. The co-workers of Rona are great to get along with for the most part. The hardest part of the job is training the new cashiers. The most enjoyable part of the day is learning about all the projects that the customers are coming in to get product for.
Pros
shift work, free popcorn
Cons
dont always get along with everyone
Great people, but not ideal
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 July 2016
The managers were great but since Rona has mostly summer stuff, the place was empty in the winter. They did a lot of group things and if we needed help the employees were super understanding.
Pros
quick to learn
Great management, poor morale
Plumbing Team Member (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON4 September 2016
Everybody was always hard at work, even the managers. they didn't have to come down and help their employees move and set up displays, but they did anyway, unfortunately despite this, employee morale was somewhat low, I have overheard employees speak about how much they did not enjoy working there.
Terrible work place
Customer Servise (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC18 November 2016
The wage was minimal with no sign of an increase. RONA would of had potential if they had a cooperative staff. The environment wasnt entirely bad, just the people I had to work with.
Pros
N/A
Awesome group of coworkers
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 August 2016
Rona was the best job i have ever had. The staff there were incredibly kind, easygoing people. The management was great, as they always helped out when needed.
Pros
Cons
Not great pay
great place to work
Assist customers (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON18 October 2016
i loved working here, you got to work at your pace and it was something new every single day. i loved working and it made everyday interesting.
Pros
good people
Cons
sometimes the shifts were late
Great Associates, Questionable Overall Environment
Lumber Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 September 2015
I have worked at Rona for almost three years. Within that time I've been able to transfer several times to different and more demanding departments. They've let me grow as a person, and I have made life long friends who I don't know how I lived without before coming here. A typical day is working hard in your department, dealing with customers, and completing set lists given by management. I've been able to work 8 different positions within Rona. I've received free training for all saws, equipment and heavy machinery. Management tends to treat staff fairly but can be biased. I have found that some managers will try to make you succeed and others will find what you're good at and keep you there with no room for advancement. Pay raises are hard to come by, wages are low, and with many qualifications new hires with no experiences are often hired with a higher hourly wage than I have accumulated over several years. No one makes over $15/hr. Its hard to deal with unruly customers, and with management. Management will have a bad day, take it out on you, and if you don't perform they will not be agreeable. The most enjoyable part of the job is the team members. They make every single day worth it.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Lots of manual labour, Unfair treatment from some managers
productive workplace with excellent staff
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 November 2016
I learned how to operate both sit-down counter-balance and center rider.
trained in receiving clerk role, shipping clerk role, shipper/ receiver, and picker.
not bad
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB5 December 2016
not bad of a place to work. the people are easy to get along with and are very helpful. a very good place to gain experience if you are moving toward construction.
Enjoyed my work everyday
Sales (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 October 2016
Loved dealing with customers
Normal enjoyable days at work
Learned electrical plumbing and able to work in all departments
Got along with all the co-workers
Enjoyed every bit of my work