RONA Employee Reviews

Environnement Dynamique et Structuré
Conseiller-Vendeur en couvre-plancher (Former Employee) –  Mascouche, QC16 May 2017
Très stimulant comme milieu de travail,cependant manque de communications entre les différentes positions dans la hiérarchie de l'entreprise.
Pros
Normes du travail suivi à la lettre, Conditions excellentes
Cons
pression constante
Good place to work.
Reach Truck Operator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 May 2017
Good management & fellow employees.the atmosphere at Rona is good between your fellow employees and also between employees and lead hands and the management.
Pros
Good atmosphere
Retail
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bedford, NS10 May 2017
Great people to work with, employees try to help you out the best they can. Management tries they're best to make sure you enjoy coming to work. They are willing to help.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 May 2017
Working at Rona is always proactive and there's always something to be done. Team members are able to get along with eachother and always get things done together
Good hours, poor breaks, poor management
gardener (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 May 2017
Overall the job was convenient for a summer student, however would not recommend as a permanent position. While I did not come into conflict with the management, I noticed that they would be very hypocritical and petty about break times. For example a manager would have a "chat" with one of the employees for being 1 minute over on the fifteen minute break.
Stingy with hours, unhappy staff
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 May 2017
After a certain point in time, managers would staff less and less people in order to save hours in their budgets but it would hurt the customer service. Many complaints were received from customers about the staffing. (i.e.one staff member in a large department). This affected the morale of the staff and made the environment less comfortable.
Pros
Flexible with shift exchanges
Cons
at the mercy of poor staffing
Rona was an excellent place to work
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON2 May 2017
Management and staff at Rona were amazing. Although I left for a full-time employment elsewhere, I would recommend anyone to apply there. The staff and management were amazing.
It was a Job
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 May 2017
Nothing much to say. Working at RONA was a typical job; you show up, do your work, and go home.

It was simple enough to appease customers and help people to find the materials or supplies they were looking for.

It helps to work with someone who knows a lot about the department you are working in when you first start. That way you can locate items for customers easily.
Pros
Made some money and gained knowledge about the materials in the store
Cons
If you don't know what you are looking for, you don't make customers happy
excellent place to work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 April 2017
rona was a excellent place to work the staff were very friendly and helpful management was great had a bbq once a week wihih was fun which brought the worker together
Pros
good benefits
Cons
very dusty
Co-op At Rona
Co-op placement (Former Employee) –  London, ON28 April 2017
When working at Rona, it was very relaxed and the employee's were very nice and easy to get along with! I would generally come in and put my things in my locker, and from there I would go to flooring department where I would help customers what they were looking for and learning how to search items on the computer in certain departments. The best part about the job was getting to help customers find what they are looking for and making sure they are satisfied \s well as learning new things about flooring that might become useful in the future. I had a great time doing my co-op there and would look forward to working there any day!
Pros
Short Hours
working at Rona Leamington Ontario
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Leamington, ON28 April 2017
I worked at Rona in Leamington for a couple months, then i quit, it was awful!! First of all there is a woman that is the (apparently the head cashier) She likes to speak to people in a demeaning manner, has no patients for training, is on a power trip!! No service desk so all returns come to cashiers Training is very poor Pay is not enough for what they want you to do!! Would not recommend this place to work
Fast Paced Environment
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB25 April 2017
What an excellent place to work, well respected company with a reputation of quality.

Building houses to last, they treat every job like its the only job.

Great work environment.
Pros
learn a lot and they will invest in your success
Cons
Corporate Run
Rona
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carstairs, AB25 April 2017
I would balance the safe, tills and open the store.
I would also order stock, help other employees when they went on their break. I would deal with the reps that came in for new product.
Productive but unorganized working environment
CSA (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 April 2017
I was a CSA so I had a variety of responsibilities from collecting cart from the shelters and bringing them inside to working on the cash resgester. Usually, I learned various new things about home maintenance and skills like painting and gardening. The management was kind of sloppy, the managers were not very involved but we had a good team to make up for that.
correct
voltigeur (Former Employee) –  Charlemagne, QC20 April 2017
90% de votre journée ce passe dehors à rentrer les chariot et aider les clients à mettre leur matériels dans leurs autos. L'aspect de sécurité seront appris durant votre formation. Le plus difficile est de soulevé des charges lourdes
Go no where
Contract Sales (Former Employee) –  BC19 April 2017
Likes to make promises they don't intend to keep, to keep you there. They only promote their friends or family plus. Don't deal with problem employees effectively
Pros
some of the staff
Cons
doesn't keep promises
Friendly workplace with a knowlegeable service team.
Cashier/Lumber Yard (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON14 April 2017
Smaller workplace and warehouse compared to competitors. This leads to less product choices overall but a much more personal experience for customers. This workplace has a focus on service quality over product quantity.
fun place to work
Salesperson (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON13 April 2017
stacked some wood fixed it up and helped customers out, with customers i would show there where the wood was that they needed and what would is best suited for each specific thing they are trying to design and create.
Pros
nice staff
Cons
Was a good place to work
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 April 2017
Until they got new managers then it went all down the drain. I did enjoy the staff I worked with. I did think that we could have hired more people and it always seemed like they would make us short handed instead of hiring some people.
learned lots but didn't like the management
Lumber Yard Worker (Former Employee) –  Simcoe, ON8 April 2017
Was told I was going to get a raise for like 7 months and didn't see a dime then told I was gonna be reimbursed by the assistant manager then got laughed at by the actually manager saying no k was going to get my raise when I got it
Pros
laid back
Cons
if you worked hard you got nothing to show for it