RONA

RONA Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Overall great place to work
Ron yard worker (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 4, 2015
Pros: Friendly co workers
Cons: Very long hours 10 plus hours but still maintainable
Great company to work for, positive environment people willing to lend a hand if needed. Building orders driving forklift putting away stock in warehouse. Learned to work as part of a team, drive forklift, work in all weather conditions (hot,cold,rain) Friendly supportive co workers lots of positive relationships built. The flexibility was the hardest part to adapt to with the job (not much room for advancement) The best part of the job was the overall positive environment people and independence we were privileged with.
learned alot of skills
Yard Foreman (Former Employee), Collingwood, ONJanuary 4, 2014
Pros: pleasing contractors
Cons: long hours
I would start work at 7am and make sure all loads were pulled for deliveries and make sure all purchase orders were ready for receiving. I learned to be a better team leader and gained lots of experience the management was a great part of our team, also enjoyed being part of the management as the yard foreman. My co-workers were great to work with and were hard workers. The hardest part of the job was making sure all my yard staff was completing all their duties for the day. The most enjoyable part of the job was all the experience i learned through all that i accomplished.
Productive learning and working environment
Inventory Control Assistant (Former Employee), Windsor, OntarioJanuary 4, 2014
Every day you learned something new - new skills for retail and customer service. The management team was very hands on and encouraging. My co-workers were very knowledgeable and very willing to share their knowledge so no matter what department you worked in you always learned more. The hardest part of the job was when we ran out of stock and the best part was being able to order the product in or have it transferred in. Also the fact that due to a lot of hard work and co-operation from all staff we were able to skip a physical inventory 2 years in a row.
Very happy to be not there anymore!
buyer (Former Employee), calgaryFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: none- its a retailer!
Cons: low pay and virtually no benefits
Company has very little advancement opportunities as expected from a retailer. A lot of people still working the same entry level jobs for 15+ years!!
HR is not very supportive and plain out rude. I applied for a job and the director of HR told that I will not be able to perform on the job and will fail and told me that they will not consider my application any further.
The company pays very low and expect employees to perform at top value. Management is clueless, not professional at all and most have no formal education.
Good place to work with good people.
Lumber Yard Associate (Current Employee), Saskatoon, SKJuly 25, 2015
Pros: Good social club for employees.
Cons: Poor wage, managment and ability to move up in the company.
This is a good place to work, with lots to learn and usually lots to do. I learned a lot about building materials and customer service. The management was far from great, but for the most part decent. The wage and the ability to keep moving up was sub-par. The hardest part of the job was learning to deal with different customers and work well in a fast paced environment, such as a lumber yard, but I adapted quickly. The most enjoyable part of the job was the co-workers.
RONA summary
Merchandiser/ Stock/ Customer assistance (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 5, 2014
Some days where slow, some days where really fast. Always on your feet helping out customers and putting in stock. I learned about the world of business that i was told about at school and applied it.
The management where great they really did teach us a lot. My co-workers where also great really helping me with the experience. The hardest part of the job was when the trucks came in those where the busiest days but those where the most rewarding. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing you helping a customer find what they where looking for.
Horrible management
Roof truss designer (Current Employee), CalgaryAugust 27, 2014
Cons: cost+15% on selected items in the store
I worked for Rona for 2 years. When I started it was Totem. When Rona took over, all morel went down. They put inexperienced people in management positions with absolutely no people skills. They micro managed and would not allow a day off unless you told them exactly what it was for and you needed to bring in proof. Management demanded that staff over ride architect stamped plans to please the customers even though what the customer wanted could not be done.

Please think twice before considering a position with Rona.
good start up job, not a great career job.
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJune 14, 2015
Pros: Met some great people.
Cons: Everything was pretty unorganized, and a lot of employees got away with things they shouldnt.
Rona is a great job for young people trying to gain work experience, but it was definitely not the most organized place.hardest part of the job was dealing with unruly customers, and some mangers did not seem to know much about their own store. co workers are generally ice though. typical day included your daily routine, which is based on your department. most enjoyable part was making new friends.
a bit monotonous
Electrical department sales (Former Employee), Pierrefonds, QCApril 30, 2013
Pros: long lunch, discount, good managment
Cons: boring
i work for Rona in montreal for a year. Overall i enjoyed the time. The only down side of working for rona is at least in my department, the job got a bit boring. Most of your time is filling and organizing the merchendise. For a part time job it was ok but i couldn't see myself working full time at rona. The pay was a bit on the low side but apart from that it was great. The managment was good, long lunch, discount on product.... overall its great first job but not a good idea for a full time employment.
Overall positive work environment
Sales and Inventory (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONMarch 2, 2015
-typical day involved setting up, and facing the dept when I get in. Work whatever stock we receive on the shelves and put the rest away as overstock. After that, it's pretty much answering customers inquiries and helping them choose the right product for their specific needs.
-learned a lot about the electrical dept. as that's where I was assigned
-co-workers were/are all very friendly people. This is definitely the part where Rona does it right.
-hardest part is probably in the summertime when it gets very busy
A productive, organizational place of personal growth
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 21, 2014
Pros: builds organizational skills
Cons: moderate stress
When I worked at Rona I was a shipper/receiver who helped control who was getting what orders and how they were getting there. It helped me build organizational skills and my co-workers and management will very helpful when i needed help with something. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with all the stress of multiple shipping locations, but the most enjoyable part was hearing back form the customer on the job that I had preformed.
Iv learned a lot and have gained a lot of experience.
Part time (Current Employee), Welland, ONJuly 17, 2012
Pros: a lot of new things to learn.
Cons: its only part time and not full time.
Iv learned a lot about paint and flooring within the last year iv worked at rona. Iv met a lot of individuals that have previously worked in trades and that all enjoy sharing their knowledge. Iv realized from rona how fast i can catch onto something new and add to my general knowledge. I have amazing managers and co-workers. The only reason why I'm planning on leaving is because i need to gain new experience and move on with my career.
nice!
Commis / vendeur rayon plomberie (Former Employee), Québec, QCJanuary 10, 2013
The team is incredible, you learn to cope with people. You learn a lot about materials and products. You also learn alot from the professionals that work there. the management is awsome, they give you the hours you need to fit to your schedule as a student. Co-workers are very friendly I get along very well with the others. The job itself is not very difficult and does not require alot of physical skills. The hardest part of the job is the computers if your not too good with them.
Propably the best company you could ever work for
Cooperative Education Student as a Plumber (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 12, 2015
Pros: Friendly Environment
Typical day at work involves helping customers and stocking large skids. I learn a lot about responsibility and customer service.
My co-workers are amazing, they make the environment very friendly. The hardest part about the job is helping customers who don't know what they are looking for.The most enjoyable part is working with people who you know will help you succeed.
Fun but not fun
Cashier (Former Employee), Whitby, ONAugust 2, 2013
Pros: nice people to work with!
Cons: management
I had a great time working at Rona, but some of the management wasn't that great. I had one manager "after" me, she didn't like how I would always ask for help and that I didn't show up for my "shifts". Sometimes I would check to see if I had any shifts and there would be none for the next day. The day came and there she was calling me saying that I didn't show up for my shift that start at a certain time. Didn't seem right, I lost the job because of that!!
Great staff and Wonderful Customer
Customer Service Representative, (Current Employee), Airdrie, ABMay 17, 2013
Pros: friendly staff and customers
Cons: wages are too low.
A typical day at Rona is always one that keeps you on your toes.
I have learned to cut keys and how to identify different types of nails, and screws.
Management is very approachable and helpful.
My co workers are the best part of the job.
The most difficult part of the job is sku searching.
The most enjoyable part is the popcorn and the customers.
Fast Paced Retail Industry
Auditor (Former Employee), Richmond, BCFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: retail industry
Cons: long hours and unappreciated by management....
Oversee audits of all incoming shipments, conduct complex reconcile of inventory and work closely with operations manager on shrink and internal controls affecting the store. Refer non-compliance issues to Internal Audit Team, Distribution Centre, Loss and Prevention and the Transport Agent. Overseeing team of six (6) staff and Richmond Location.
Employee's friendly helpful and get along real good, nice cooperative environment
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Abbotsford, BCSeptember 5, 2013
Pros: worked the hours i wanted to
Cons: no long term employment.
I enjoyed working in the greenhouse watering the plants, being outside and pleasant environment to work in. Nice being able to use my garden knowledge to share with customers in helping them to beautify their homes. Busy through mother's day and this was fun.
Love the business of the store.
Decent job with fair wage
Night Shift Merchandiser (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBAugust 20, 2013
Pros: fair breaks, easy work, high safety standards
Cons: management doesn't care about night crew, hours cut back often
Worked here for over a year with what I thought was a very good work ethic. But after 13 months with no raise and getting full time hours cut from 40 to 37 I had to leave and find something better. Co-workers were great but management and staff are hard to communicate with working over nights.
Fun workplace with great staff
Assembler (Former Employee), Leamington, ONMay 29, 2014
Pros: good team members.
Cons: 1 person that always complained