RONA Employee Reviews in Canada

nice place to work
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Regina, SKMay 4, 2016
This is a nice place to work, However not well managed lately. Busy always. some folks are really knowledgeable. Not having enough staff some times is challenge.
awfull management
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BCFebruary 29, 2016
when I was there safety was there least concern we never got our deserved overtime any concerns we brought up they would just tell you to go back to work
Pros
N/A
Cons
management
Retail environment. Assist customer in order to achieve maximum customer service. Friendly employment environment and very fast paced.
Head Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 17, 2015
The company is very easy going. The management team are very helpful and approachable. Having to help customers and seeing a smile on their faces is the high light of our day.
just a boring work enviroment
Yard worker (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCJanuary 5, 2016
it was along time ago so i barely remeber, but working for rona wasnt very interesting, no incentives were given to work hard or possibly advance , isnt a place id reccomend.
Pros
nothing
Cons
boring job
Another fine job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 13, 2016
I didn't get anything from this job.

It was solely to pay the bills between jobs.

The people were decent and it was pretty fun.
productive and challenging
Crane truck driver (Former Employee) –  Cranbrook, BCDecember 1, 2015
everyday was something new and challenging to learn and do.I obtained great experience and satisfication.all the people worked really well together providing a great work inviroment to be around..
Great co-workers and happy attitudes
merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 10, 2015
Friendly and happy, glad i got to work at this job and learn the ins and outs of being a merchandiser. it is awesome and fun but the wages are low and the hours are short. i need more to be able to balance all my bills,
Pros
Nearby
Cons
Low wages
Great place to work for school students.
FRONT-END MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABJanuary 7, 2016
I started working at rona when I was still in school, now that I am out of school, I need a change. Rona was great to me, but the atmosphere isnt the greatest.
Flexible work hours with great customer service
Cash Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 25, 2015
Typical Day: Complete assigned tasks in between helping customers; because customers come first.

Learning: The customer isn't ALWAYS right. I have my team to back me up on decisions made with customers. It's all about prioritizing, staying organized, and having proper communication between coworkers.

Management: Very understanding. Welcomes opinions and change.

Co-workers: Very helpful. Able to keep a professional relationship.

The Hard Part: Having customers not understand that a company consists of many employees and that not each and every employee is aware of absolutely everything; blame gets put on individuals rather than having general criticism.
love my job
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Nepean, ONMarch 4, 2016
I love interacting with the contractors everyday. They make my job worth going to everyday. My manager is always in a good mood.
Forklift operator/ maintenance (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 21, 2016
great place to work. everyone is friendly and willing to lend a helping hand when needed. co-workers are all great people.
Productive workplace
Merchandising and Stocking (Current Employee) –  Penticton, BCNovember 12, 2015
I enjoy working there because its one of the many little things I can do to help people. As well as learning new job skills that would help me further in the work industry.
Pros
snacks sometimes
Cons
heavy lifting
Front end Supervisor/ Vault Clerk
Full time sales associate to Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Camrose, ABSeptember 7, 2015
Working at RONA was a great experience I advanced quickly to Head Cashier. I learned a lot of skills in working with money as part of my duty was to make floats, balance safe, make customer payments, and send the accounting information to the head office.
Pros
fairly flexible schedule, coorworkers
Rona Job Review
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Langley, BCAugust 9, 2015
I have never wanted to quit a job so bad in my life, I worked there for two months and the management was horrible our store manager was awesome and kind but our other two managers were so rude, i went home crying three days in two weeks because they were so harsh on their employees. I never had a problem with management in my five years of customer service and working. as for the work its was an okay work atmosphere if the managers were not so horrible I probably would have wanted a career through Rona. Co-workers were the only reason I stayed there for the full two months, it was an awesome team!
Pros
Store mananger hosted team building events like water melon eating contest etc.
Cons
rude management, (but money came off our cheques for it for the team building)
great first job for any high school student
Carry out (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONNovember 22, 2015
stock shelves
bring carts inside
help customers
i learner alot about lumber and construction
my co working were really laid back
Pros
outgoing co workers
Cons
not enough hours
Good place to work with good people.
Lumber Yard Associate (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKJuly 25, 2015
This is a good place to work, with lots to learn and usually lots to do. I learned a lot about building materials and customer service. The management was far from great, but for the most part decent. The wage and the ability to keep moving up was sub-par. The hardest part of the job was learning to deal with different customers and work well in a fast paced environment, such as a lumber yard, but I adapted quickly. The most enjoyable part of the job was the co-workers.
Pros
Good social club for employees.
Cons
Poor wage, managment and ability to move up in the company.
Head cashier, vault associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 5, 2016
worked weekends to account for being in school. They are very good at making compromises and allowing for time off when needed.
A morning in the lumber yard.
Shipping/Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 23, 2015
so my day would start off with checking the forklift log book and inspecting the forklifts of any damage. i would then go on the forklift and stock and product that was becoming low , and ship customers.
Pros
working outside.
Cons
the washroom was at the front of the store, by checkout.
great place to work
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 27, 2015
working a coca cola was a great learning and growing experience everyone there is friendly and helpful very organized warehouse.
good start up job, not a great career job.
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 14, 2015
Rona is a great job for young people trying to gain work experience, but it was definitely not the most organized place.hardest part of the job was dealing with unruly customers, and some mangers did not seem to know much about their own store. co workers are generally ice though. typical day included your daily routine, which is based on your department. most enjoyable part was making new friends.
Pros
Met some great people.
Cons
Everything was pretty unorganized, and a lot of employees got away with things they shouldnt.