RONA

RONA Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
decent workplace
Yard attendant/ delivery driver (Former Employee), Labrador City, NLMarch 11, 2015
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: sometimes longer hours than expected
typical day arrive at the warehouse get order slips, load the cube truck and deliver. great team to work with supervisor was good to work for.
good starter job
Gate Attendant (Former Employee), Fort St John, BCMarch 6, 2015
Pros: a family company
Cons: no room for advancment
I worked at Rona for about 3 years. although I enjoyed the people I worked with my actual job was very boring. The management is very difficult to deal with.
great staff and challenges
Store Manager (Current Employee), oakvilleMarch 4, 2015
everyday was something new and challenging from the staff, customers and logistics. very competitive industry which kept it exciting. learnt alot in this role and helped develop, coach and promote others to get them to their next level in their career
Overall positive work environment
Sales and Inventory (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONMarch 2, 2015
-typical day involved setting up, and facing the dept when I get in. Work whatever stock we receive on the shelves and put the rest away as overstock. After that, it's pretty much answering customers inquiries and helping them choose the right product for their specific needs.
-learned a lot about the electrical dept. as that's where I was assigned
-co-workers were/are all very friendly people. This is definitely the part where Rona does it right.
-hardest part is probably in the summertime when it gets very busy
I really enjoyed this CO OP
Seasonal Floor Assistant, Co-op placement (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: working outside
Cons: i didnt find any cons
I enjoyed this co op because I was able to help customers out to their cars, water plants, and even stock shelves also I got to put together displays like gazebos
Very happy to be not there anymore!
buyer (Former Employee), calgaryFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: none- its a retailer!
Cons: low pay and virtually no benefits
Company has very little advancement opportunities as expected from a retailer. A lot of people still working the same entry level jobs for 15+ years!!
HR is not very supportive and plain out rude. I applied for a job and the director of HR told that I will not be able to perform on the job and will fail and told me that they will not consider my application any further.
The company pays very low and expect employees to perform at top value. Management is clueless, not professional at all and most have no formal education.
it was a welcoming place to work and leaned allot of helpful tips
lumber yard labourer (Former Employee), Williams Lake, BCFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: learning and getting the expierence of working there
Cons: sometimes ran out of work
the most enjoyable part of my job at the time was making sure the customer was happy when he left the yard and because there happiness came first before anything my co-workers were great to work with and were always asking if i need help
Good Lumber Yard! And Great Guys To Work With
Moffett Truck Driver, (Former Employee), Belleville, ONFebruary 5, 2015
Cons: evnings and saterdays
I really liked this job.
Management was always on your side.
Nice trucks.
Good hours.
Yard was open to Late.
Always some one to help you out.
place to work
Sales / Service Associate (Former Employee), Fort Qu'appelle, SKFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: close place to work
Cons: poor focus to business and future
Just ok place to work at....
This merchant has a 1960 approach to sales, ownership of commitment and follow through. ...................................
Poor to work For
Estimator - Contract (Former Employee), OntarioJanuary 26, 2015
A poor company to work for with limiting policies in place for staff to provide top quality cutting edge products to customers.
Fun place to work, but management didn't care
Lumber department associate (Former Employee), winnipegJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: great place to work, nice coworkers, good location
Cons: management, the random bad customer
Everyday going to work I put in a lot of time and effort, working 40 hours a week and learning everyday and showing that I learned made me feel great when the other employees noticed that it was showing, but my superior always treated me lower than the others. Cut my hours, treated me like I was a child and always gave me the worse jobs throughout the day. For example it was my brothers birthday, i worked a 4 hour day, I was fine with that because it was a family birthday. I did not leave however until 50 minutes after my scheduled time to leave. I helped customer after customer and did not leave because it was my job and I enjoyed helping them, the other coworker that was there noticed and freaked out how late I stayed, but knew why. When i was just leaving my superior saw me and just said, "why are you here, go home we didn't need you here."
I didn't take too much to mind it, but the hardest part was not freaking out on them, she cut my hours to 4 a week. That was the hardest, just staying there till my time was up for my contract. Best part was to come to work everyday to help those that needed it, and to see my other coworkers, the ones I liked.
Corporately owned.
Valet / Customer Service (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, ONJanuary 19, 2015
Not the same format as an independent store, a lot of changes.
Growing home improvement company that provided many opportunites to learn and gain great knowledge.
Store Manager (Former Employee), Surrey, BCJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: great customer interation
Cons: long and varied days
A varied work day with every day being different. If you love working with people this is the place to be. Lots of on the job training and coaching. Lots of room for growth. The best part are the customers and finding ways to solve their home improvement problems.
Good Job for high school students or people younger then 30
Custmer service,Yard Staff (Former Employee), South Surrey, BCJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: got proper brakes and a proper lunch room, get paid for overtime, decent staff overall
Cons: poor managment, not much room for advancment
It's a good place to learn some job skills and some costumer service skills and work for a short term. Not something you can really get advancement in unless the higher ups like you. So doesn't matter if you bust your butt off or if your a lazy slob if the management liked you, you got promoted. Not that there is much advancement. Typical day is like any other typical day in retail at a big store. co workers were pretty easy to get along with and worth with. Hardest part of the job was setting up a new display or reorganizing the yard.
mangment sucked
flooring sales department (Former Employee), ABJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: wendys being close
Cons: employees
being in a rough patch costumers loved when they actually got the help that the required the co-workers alwasy ran in to a area with out camaras and left it to the new co-workers inorder to help them with out any knowledge fo the products managment was terabble expected to shove palets where you could where ever you had the room senior co-workers where unpleasent to work with hardest part of the job was understaning customers that did not speak english but still had the respect to help them reguadless most enjoyable patr of it was i helped people get what they needed at the end of the day
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 30, 2014
Pros: bar bq's in the summer
Cons: training on some aspects of the job (electronics)
A typical day was me getting there half hour early ,counting the floats,setting up the store for the business of the day. Making sure the computer tower was on and sending information to head office.I would be alone for aprox. One hour and my partner would show up.
pretty good
Yard Person (Former Employee), Fort Qu'AppelleDecember 29, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
its a very fun place to work. they were very friendly and were very patient while I was training
Great workplace excellent co workers good management
Yard worker (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKNovember 6, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: nights and weekend shifts
Great fun workplace lots of staff lunches and god management
funplace to work
Service Clerk (Former Employee), Orangeville, ONNovember 4, 2014
Pros: funplace to work
I put many years into this job with knowledge of the whole store learning is what liked about this place always learning new things everyday and communicating with the customer
City job
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONNovember 2, 2014
Pros: good pay, coworkers, and training was great
Cons: easy job not rewarding
Great place to work, very easy going with management. A lot of freedom and great coworkers to work with. Pay was good and training was well done.

About RONA

Rona Inc. is a Canadian distributor and retailer hardware, home improvement and gardening products. Rona was founded in 1939.