RONA Employee Reviews in Canada

great place to work
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 27, 2015
working a coca cola was a great learning and growing experience everyone there is friendly and helpful very organized warehouse.
great first job for any high school student
Carry out (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONNovember 22, 2015
stock shelves
bring carts inside
help customers
i learner alot about lumber and construction
my co working were really laid back
Pros
outgoing co workers
Cons
not enough hours
Productive workplace
Merchandising and Stocking (Current Employee) –  Penticton, BCNovember 12, 2015
I enjoy working there because its one of the many little things I can do to help people. As well as learning new job skills that would help me further in the work industry.
Pros
snacks sometimes
Cons
heavy lifting
Great co-workers and happy attitudes
merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 10, 2015
Friendly and happy, glad i got to work at this job and learn the ins and outs of being a merchandiser. it is awesome and fun but the wages are low and the hours are short. i need more to be able to balance all my bills,
Pros
Nearby
Cons
Low wages
Enjoyable pat of my job
CUSTOMER SERVICE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Waterdown, ONNovember 9, 2015
I Work for Rona for 5yrs. I just got layoff because of slow business.
I wasFrontend supervisor and taking care of 30 staff members.I enjoyed my job, I love my coworkers and my managers.we were the great team. I was taking care of daily paperwork, counting safe, taking care of credit applications ,taking care of schedule, ordering stuff for daily needs.
Its a great team work
MH Picker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 30, 2015
There are always something to do. Safety is considerate as a priority and people work with confidence. A solidary team work makes great companies and Rona never was an exception. Management focus in its workers and secondly in productivity, is a worker is happy the productivity is a piece of cake.
Pros
Good work team
Cons
Salary is one factor
Retail environment. Assist customer in order to achieve maximum customer service. Friendly employment environment and very fast paced.
Head Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 17, 2015
The company is very easy going. The management team are very helpful and approachable. Having to help customers and seeing a smile on their faces is the high light of our day.
If not for changes, I'll still be here.
LOGISTICS COORDINATOR & PAYROLL ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCOctober 9, 2015
Pleasant people at this office are friendly and outgoing. Co-workers are a blast to work with. Environment is very nice.
Most enjoyable part of my job
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER /OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABOctober 1, 2015
I enjoyed my time with the staff and Management team. There are a lot of learning curves for a new team to over come and time will help this. The work environment was enjoyable. The staff can make your day for sure.
Pros
alot of staff building programs . Monthly events for the staff
Cons
micro managment by store leader..No hands on with the managment team
Great Associates, Questionable Overall Environment
Lumber Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 9, 2015
I have worked at Rona for almost three years. Within that time I've been able to transfer several times to different and more demanding departments. They've let me grow as a person, and I have made life long friends who I don't know how I lived without before coming here. A typical day is working hard in your department, dealing with customers, and completing set lists given by management. I've been able to work 8 different positions within Rona. I've received free training for all saws, equipment and heavy machinery. Management tends to treat staff fairly but can be biased. I have found that some managers will try to make you succeed and others will find what you're good at and keep you there with no room for advancement. Pay raises are hard to come by, wages are low, and with many qualifications new hires with no experiences are often hired with a higher hourly wage than I have accumulated over several years. No one makes over $15/hr. Its hard to deal with unruly customers, and with management. Management will have a bad day, take it out on you, and if you don't perform they will not be agreeable. The most enjoyable part of the job is the team members. They make every single day worth it.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Lots of manual labour, Unfair treatment from some managers
Front end Supervisor/ Vault Clerk
Full time sales associate to Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Camrose, ABSeptember 7, 2015
Working at RONA was a great experience I advanced quickly to Head Cashier. I learned a lot of skills in working with money as part of my duty was to make floats, balance safe, make customer payments, and send the accounting information to the head office.
Pros
fairly flexible schedule, coorworkers
Busy Enviornment
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 26, 2015
Very busy environment in which customer service and knowledge of products is key. The day goes by very fast and management is easy to deal with.
Flexible work hours with great customer service
Cash Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 25, 2015
Typical Day: Complete assigned tasks in between helping customers; because customers come first.

Learning: The customer isn't ALWAYS right. I have my team to back me up on decisions made with customers. It's all about prioritizing, staying organized, and having proper communication between coworkers.

Management: Very understanding. Welcomes opinions and change.

Co-workers: Very helpful. Able to keep a professional relationship.

The Hard Part: Having customers not understand that a company consists of many employees and that not each and every employee is aware of absolutely everything; blame gets put on individuals rather than having general criticism.
A morning in the lumber yard.
Shipping/Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 23, 2015
so my day would start off with checking the forklift log book and inspecting the forklifts of any damage. i would then go on the forklift and stock and product that was becoming low , and ship customers.
Pros
working outside.
Cons
the washroom was at the front of the store, by checkout.
Rona Job Review
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Langley, BCAugust 9, 2015
I have never wanted to quit a job so bad in my life, I worked there for two months and the management was horrible our store manager was awesome and kind but our other two managers were so rude, i went home crying three days in two weeks because they were so harsh on their employees. I never had a problem with management in my five years of customer service and working. as for the work its was an okay work atmosphere if the managers were not so horrible I probably would have wanted a career through Rona. Co-workers were the only reason I stayed there for the full two months, it was an awesome team!
Pros
Store mananger hosted team building events like water melon eating contest etc.
Cons
rude management, (but money came off our cheques for it for the team building)
If you thought about working at Rona... Don't.
Sales (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJuly 31, 2015
I cannot speak for all Ronas, but I had a tremendously hard time when working at Rona on Panet in Winnipeg. I stayed at Rona because of the flexibility during school, and because the co-workers were great. Other than that, customers are miserable because of poor service all the time, management looks down on you and they turn over so fast that I practically had to tell them what to do in frustrating situations. There was a constant lack of staff, and they pay students minimum wage. I stayed at Rona for 4.5 years and it went so downhill since when I started. The store manager was arrogant, didn't talk to any employees, didn't talk to customers except when there was problems, and was very unapproachable. As far as wage went After +4 years I made 25 cents over minimum wage because they give you 20c raise if they want to, once a year. I have seen people layed off because they didn't like them, people forced to transfer to other stores because of lack of budget for hours, seen countless full time people quit then have their positions terminated instead of being filled. In the winter they cut my hours down to like 10 per week to save money. When staff quits, they never come back, not to visit, not to say hi because it was that bad. I liked to say "see ya never" when people left. Anyways, If your still considering working at Rona... Don't.
Pros
Friendly co-workers.
Cons
Very bad management, angry customers, bad hours.
farmers store
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Embrun, ONJuly 27, 2015
ordering merchandise
management of my department
ok management
dealing with picky customers
knowing that i have done my job right

it a store that sell farmers clothing and equipments
Good place to work with good people.
Lumber Yard Associate (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKJuly 25, 2015
This is a good place to work, with lots to learn and usually lots to do. I learned a lot about building materials and customer service. The management was far from great, but for the most part decent. The wage and the ability to keep moving up was sub-par. The hardest part of the job was learning to deal with different customers and work well in a fast paced environment, such as a lumber yard, but I adapted quickly. The most enjoyable part of the job was the co-workers.
Pros
Good social club for employees.
Cons
Poor wage, managment and ability to move up in the company.
Great People - Tasking Work.
Cashier/Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Uxbridge, ONJuly 25, 2015
Since there is already a lot of "infrastructure" established within the store, it is very difficult for a new-comer to get a hang of things. Very little formal training is provided. Often times a customer with an account who is familiar with the rest of the staff, whom you have never seen before, may expect you to recognize them and give them their Contractor's Discount or to fulfill certain tasks that need to be done with their transaction without them telling you. Can be stressful to get used to. As well, the store's main function is of a lumber yard. Unless you are able to use the ordering computers and know a lot about woods and building materials, you won't be able to help out many customers and will serve solely as a cashier. Other than that, the experience is great and I have learned a lot about hardware since working here. Supportive management. Very casual environment.
Pros
Friendly team, friendly customers, competent and knowledgable staff
Cons
Short hours
co workers are great
Delivery Driver and forklift operator (Current Employee) –  Regina, SKJuly 22, 2015
Walk around inspection of the truck. Preview days delivery and plan route. Pick orders ,load truck, and deliver customer orders.

The daily involvement with the customers as the orders are delivered.
Pros
working outdoors
Cons
traffic