RONA Employee Reviews

A great place to grow
Sales Associate/Gate Attendant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS26 October 2016
I started out as a cashier and worked my way up into a unionized position. I was able to cross train in almost every area of the store. I really took advantage of all of the training that the company provided and the wages and benefits were generous.
Great store staff while Senior Management team need is out of touch with the daily running of the store's
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON8 August 2016
My experience at the Peterborough Rona is that you will not find a more dedicated store staff anywhere and their customer service skills are excellent, but in my experience with the senior management team for this area they are all about the final number's and have lost touch with the customer service part of the business.
Pros
Great Dedicated Store Staff
Cons
Area Senior Management Team
Great company to work for
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 November 2016
Great management who takes care of the staff and is approachable, friendly and respectful co-workers and plenty of opportunities to learn something new everyday,
Intersting and very over wheming
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON17 June 2016
Typical day involves, managing staff breaks and lunches, money handling of loans, skims, customer relations. I also work in the financing department (credit wave) processing payments and online orders. I count and verify staff work tills and safe. Everyday I am able to gain knowledge on multiple things ranging from management to customers. I recently learned how to create blue prints for decks and process special orders for contractors. The hardest part of my job is being under staffed and having to tackle the endless lines, but it then turns out to be enjoyable because I get numerous compliments on how well I handle my job being under so much stress.
Pros
gaining experience in multiple department
Cons
short staff
productive
Vault clerk (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB6 January 2017
Productivity, getting more experience, multiple tasking, good environment, good management, full time job. I am enjoying my job everyday and I learn more and more..
Great place to work and meet people
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON29 November 2016
Management was always kind, great staff, helpful learning tool in the form of computer course based of departments, and customers always happy that you can help.
Sales Representative, Co-op Placement (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 August 2016
I got a few work experience working here as a sales associate, and also helping customers load various materials into their cars. Got to learn different and various materials in different compartments in the store. This is mostly in wood field of the store. I would say overall experience was good.
Pros
Gaining work skills
Cons
Long hours, no pay
Fun workplace
Yardman (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 August 2016
Boring. Just go with the flow. Unorganized management. Do by yourself. Good people around. Helping more customer in other department. Home time is always a good one.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Short Hours for part time
This company is commendable and gives opportunities when needed.
Customer Service Clerk/Head Cashier (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 October 2016
It was a very busy workplace but I had to learn a lot of things independently. This is both positive and negative. Positive because it helped reveal to me that I was able to work with little supervision but negative because it got me over whelmed a lot of times. I did enjoy the job because accounting is what I love doing. It is a good place to work at.The co-workers are wonderful. It is almost like a family.
its a job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB5 May 2016
a typical day at Rona, its busy, we greet customers, we ring them through, we make pop corn, we cash in/out. I personally have learned how to multitask more then I have ever had to before. Management for the most part is great lately not so much. The co-workers of Rona are great to get along with for the most part. The hardest part of the job is training the new cashiers. The most enjoyable part of the day is learning about all the projects that the customers are coming in to get product for.
Pros
shift work, free popcorn
Cons
dont always get along with everyone
Awesome group of coworkers
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 August 2016
Rona was the best job i have ever had. The staff there were incredibly kind, easygoing people. The management was great, as they always helped out when needed.
Pros
Cons
Not great pay
Great learning experience
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC19 December 2016
Volunteering at Rona was a great learning experience for me. The staff were hard working and very helpful towards customers. hardest part of the job was understanding where things were located in the store.
a little unorganized
Sales/Yard Associate (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB21 November 2016
in their product system they would change their quick code without notice. finding items in the back was like playing hide and go seek, but the chances off you finding it are slim.
Pros
positive work enviroment
Cons
their systems would be offline or wont work for certian computers
A lot of different manual work to do
Commis département (Former Employee) –  Verdun, QC14 February 2017
I love this workplace because of the manual work that came with it. Doing the reception of stock, placing it, making recipe of paint color and doing some wood work for client.
Cons
Not much client
good
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON16 January 2017
good place to work good people and decent pay with decent hours. light duties and good customers. could use better pay and more communications.
good
Lumber Yard Worker (Current Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON15 February 2017
I liked working with this company. very relaxed work environment, and also very welcoming. in all I had a good experience there and I continue to shop there to this day.
Great people, but not ideal
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 July 2016
The managers were great but since Rona has mostly summer stuff, the place was empty in the winter. They did a lot of group things and if we needed help the employees were super understanding.
Pros
quick to learn
Cons
To follow the days tasks of restocking shellves to helping the customers with there needs ..
Paint Sales / Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 October 2016
The job was fun .. If you did extra when they (Rona) needed you then they would allways return the favor .. learned a lot of skills The hard part was working weekends ..
Pros
Great and easy work ..
Cons
..Didnt like working Sats
good for part
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 December 2016
Fun people to work with but not very much pay and weird hours. if the staff made commission would be more of a motivator. Plus weird hours mess up a persons sleep and social schedules.
fun team
Team Member (Former Employee) –  London, ON15 July 2016
worst place to work
- low paying job
- no benefits
- between 40 to 50 year old low life co worker on night shift team tries to be a manager all the time
Pros
great team
Cons
no benefits or proper pay