RONA Employee Reviews

not bad
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB5 December 2016
not bad of a place to work. the people are easy to get along with and are very helpful. a very good place to gain experience if you are moving toward construction.
Great place to work and meet people
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON29 November 2016
Management was always kind, great staff, helpful learning tool in the form of computer course based of departments, and customers always happy that you can help.
a little unorganized
Sales/Yard Associate (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB21 November 2016
in their product system they would change their quick code without notice. finding items in the back was like playing hide and go seek, but the chances off you finding it are slim.
Pros
positive work enviroment
Cons
their systems would be offline or wont work for certian computers
Great company to work for
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 November 2016
Great management who takes care of the staff and is approachable, friendly and respectful co-workers and plenty of opportunities to learn something new everyday,
Terrible work place
Customer Servise (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC18 November 2016
The wage was minimal with no sign of an increase. RONA would of had potential if they had a cooperative staff. The environment wasnt entirely bad, just the people I had to work with.
Pros
N/A
Good coworkers, bad management
Yard Worker (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB16 November 2016
The typical day at work is pretty easy, and fun if you're not being constantly harassed by the yard supervisor over completely small things.

Learned how to drive a forklift, and learned about all different types of building materials.

Yard supervisor constantly harasses staff over small meaningless things, and constantly threatens to pull your forklift ticket, or get you fired.

Co-workers for the most part are nice, and friendly people.
productive workplace with excellent staff
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 November 2016
I learned how to operate both sit-down counter-balance and center rider.
trained in receiving clerk role, shipping clerk role, shipper/ receiver, and picker.
poor customer service
Lumber Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 November 2016
rona in winnipeg at panet road has poor management - staff refer private contractors to customers, some are their friends - often the work doesn't get done and that management takes no responsibility - they get rude if a customer says they will complain to higher management or corporate or get advice of a lawyer
Pros
Cons
lots
Horrible place to work.
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 November 2016
I worked at Rona for multiple years. The environment was okay, especially at first, but it definitely was not worth it, considering the hassle you got all the time, and the lack of recognition you get. The work was relatively hard if you actually did your job (which most people didn't), and you got no recognition for caring about the job itself.

Management uses and abuses you when you are a good worker, and they tend to take advantage of the fact that it's an entry level job (the pay is garbage). There are literally 0 benefits for part-time workers except for an employee discount (which is practically non-existent now that they're changing under Lowes ownership).

I learned that management usually sucks (good managers go to better jobs) and that Rona, overall, does not care about its employees. This is also the kind of job where long-term employees are liars, two-faced, and think they rule the world and can do whatever they want.

The most enjoyable part of the job was when it was downtime and you got to work with your friends. Everything else about the job made it a place that I would not recommend to anybody sane, to work at.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Management is really bad, terrible pay, no benefits (other than the employee discount), fast-paced/stressful environment, no appreciation or acknowledgement from other workers/managers, most employees leave within a year, no job security, no opportunity to move up in company unless you've been working there for 15 years
rona review
Professional Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB4 November 2016
all in all the people to work with were nice. however I found a lot of favoritism and I saw many good employees get let go just so management friends and family could get hired or advance. I saw this in many sectors in my year working for grande prairie rona.
Pros
co workers were nice
Cons
unsteady hours
Productive and fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB27 October 2016
Always something new to look forward to each day work there. I enjoy explaining the different products to the customers.
A great place to grow
Sales Associate/Gate Attendant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS26 October 2016
I started out as a cashier and worked my way up into a unionized position. I was able to cross train in almost every area of the store. I really took advantage of all of the training that the company provided and the wages and benefits were generous.
To follow the days tasks of restocking shellves to helping the customers with there needs ..
Paint Sales / Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 October 2016
The job was fun .. If you did extra when they (Rona) needed you then they would allways return the favor .. learned a lot of skills The hard part was working weekends ..
Pros
Great and easy work ..
Cons
..Didnt like working Sats
great place to work
Assist customers (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON18 October 2016
i loved working here, you got to work at your pace and it was something new every single day. i loved working and it made everyday interesting.
Pros
good people
Cons
sometimes the shifts were late
Productive place to work.
Paint Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 October 2016
Gets very busy mixing paint/ Stain for customers. I also get called to cover customer service or cashiers for breaks, washroom breaks or just to help get lines down or to check a product for them. I learned how to mix paint, what the differance are between all the solvants and paint thinners, differance between using a all in one(paint and primer) and also learnt what is accually in a paint like the binders.
Management is helpfull when it comes to somethings but as everyone else they try to answer customers or employees questions as best as the can. My co-workers are fun to work with we all make fun out of working. The hardest part of my job is lifting the 18L buckets of paint/stain/primer they are heavy. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing all the little kids so intrested in how paint is tinted and how it get shaken also hearing all about customers projects they have on the go.
Productive and fun
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON16 October 2016
At Rona I would keep stalk tidy in the store back and front, I would also greet customers and take customer service calls. I learned how to prep for inventory and how to properly keep stalk organized. Coworkers were friendly and quick to help get me involved in the store. Management taught me everything required to do my job and were sure to make a friendship with all staff.
Pros
Great staff and management
Enjoyed my work everyday
Sales (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 October 2016
Loved dealing with customers
Normal enjoyable days at work
Learned electrical plumbing and able to work in all departments
Got along with all the co-workers
Enjoyed every bit of my work
This company is commendable and gives opportunities when needed.
Customer Service Clerk/Head Cashier (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 October 2016
It was a very busy workplace but I had to learn a lot of things independently. This is both positive and negative. Positive because it helped reveal to me that I was able to work with little supervision but negative because it got me over whelmed a lot of times. I did enjoy the job because accounting is what I love doing. It is a good place to work at.The co-workers are wonderful. It is almost like a family.
company tries to supply a veried and diverse year round employee entertanment
Yard and Plant Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 September 2016
Working stations use radios at all positions to contact each other
from yard to sales to command office. This eliminates mistakes
before they become mistake Problems reported were always
addresses promptly Staff was always supportive and encouraged
what ever prodject I ever worked on.
Pros
choice of two types of health and benifits packages
Cons
poor mantence of stuctures wharehouse
Productive and manual labor job.
Yard Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 September 2016
A typical day at work, was non-stop 8 hours a day, on my feet helping customers and making sure product was cleaned up. As well helping customers with my experience in what product would be best for them. I learned better communication skills, and other real-world outcomes. Management at this job was alright. The store manager took quite a bit of advantage over the store workers and yard workers and undermined how hard everyone worked daily. The hardest part of my job was lifting a 125kg cement block, there wasn't anything hard other than that. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting so many new customers and working with extremely diligent co-workers.
Pros
Customers were enjoyable
Cons
Store Manager took advantage