RONA Employee Reviews in Canada

Great store staff while Senior Management team need is out of touch with the daily running of the store's
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONAugust 8, 2016
My experience at the Peterborough Rona is that you will not find a more dedicated store staff anywhere and their customer service skills are excellent, but in my experience with the senior management team for this area they are all about the final number's and have lost touch with the customer service part of the business.
Pros
Great Dedicated Store Staff
Cons
Area Senior Management Team
Intersting and very over wheming
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJune 17, 2016
Typical day involves, managing staff breaks and lunches, money handling of loans, skims, customer relations. I also work in the financing department (credit wave) processing payments and online orders. I count and verify staff work tills and safe. Everyday I am able to gain knowledge on multiple things ranging from management to customers. I recently learned how to create blue prints for decks and process special orders for contractors. The hardest part of my job is being under staffed and having to tackle the endless lines, but it then turns out to be enjoyable because I get numerous compliments on how well I handle my job being under so much stress.
Pros
gaining experience in multiple department
Cons
short staff
Cashier position
Cashier, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BCJuly 23, 2016
I ran customers through the till, was able to open and close the store, which means I was counting cash trays for the float and getting change for tills through the day. I did the returns counter and customer service. I handled money and ran the debit machine. Customer service large part of the position.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
not enough hours
its a job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, ABMay 5, 2016
a typical day at Rona, its busy, we greet customers, we ring them through, we make pop corn, we cash in/out. I personally have learned how to multitask more then I have ever had to before. Management for the most part is great lately not so much. The co-workers of Rona are great to get along with for the most part. The hardest part of the job is training the new cashiers. The most enjoyable part of the day is learning about all the projects that the customers are coming in to get product for.
Pros
shift work, free popcorn
Cons
dont always get along with everyone
Good workplace
Lumber Yard Worker (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, ABJuly 21, 2016
worked the job for 2 years and couldn't complain full time in the summers and weekends and nights during school, good people to work with things would get done on time everyday.nothing to hard about enjoyed this job but school was out and looking for a long term job now.
Pros
hours that fit my schooling
Cons
just a temporary job until out of school.
A fun and healthy work environment
Seasonal Worker and Paint Department Worker. (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJuly 13, 2016
I've worked at Rona for a few years now and I've grown to enjoy and appreciate the positive environment. The staff treat each other professionally, yet they feel like family.
Pros
I love working with the Rona team
Cons
Minimum Wage
Good People, Bad management.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 8, 2016
Rona was a good place to be because of the people who worked there but it was poorly managed. I usually worked 9-5:30 five days a week. When I would come into work, I would take over the cashier and she would go and work in the vault. At around 11-11:30 she would come back out and give me my first 15 minute break. Once I came back from my break she would be going home. I was there by myself running the till and returns until 4:30 when the next person would come in. At that point I would usually have to put my lunch break and 15 minute break together. This didn't happen all the time but it happened enough. They hired more and more people to work evenings and weekends and not enough to work days.
Pros
Loved the people I did work with
Cons
Not enough daytime employees
Do not waste your time.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABAugust 9, 2016
Awful place to work. Very cheap company, benefits are awful, you are better off to get them yourself. No job security, poorly managed company and no growth opportunity. I would never recommend working for them.
Pros
Customers were great.
Cons
No job security.
lack of positive manager's support
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABApril 17, 2016
I have struggled with the huge lack of communication, positive feedback and management team support despite of bringing this issues to be addressed several times at regular managers meetings!
Pros
I love working in retail interacting with customers
Cons
the crazy schedules
Great people, but not ideal
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 4, 2016
The managers were great but since Rona has mostly summer stuff, the place was empty in the winter. They did a lot of group things and if we needed help the employees were super understanding.
Pros
quick to learn
Wasn't Bad
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ONApril 26, 2016
Working at Rona was excellent had a good time and the co-workers were nice and accepting had no major problems with anyone there the job was fair and they laid down fair rules and expectations
Pros
excellent co-workers, cool managers easy to balance to work and social life
Cons
bad flyers
Good company
Merchandising Associate (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKAugust 12, 2016
Great group of people at every rona i have worked with. many socail events (BBQ's, Christmas parties). Tries to focus on team building. not all manager are great, but most are.
Pros
social atmosphere
Cons
long store hours
Customer Service Rep
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Waterdown, ONMay 18, 2016
The company was very organized and schedules were given out two weeks in advance which I enjoyed. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with schedule changes and getting calls the day of asking to come into work.
Busy workplace
Customer Service Personnel (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 4, 2016
Its is busy most days, busiest during spring and summer. The staff are nice. The hardest part about working at RONA was being the only C.A.P on shift and its a really busy day and you cant get all the work you need to get done on time.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Really busy
Awesome group of coworkers
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 5, 2016
Rona was the best job i have ever had. The staff there were incredibly kind, easygoing people. The management was great, as they always helped out when needed.
Pros
Cons
Not great pay
Very good work place
Advisor / Sales Person (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBApril 11, 2016
I had a good experience. Managers and co-workers are very friendly, they help and support each other. I have learned a lot about Canadian workplace and customer service. I am very happy that I worked there.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
not enough hours
Great people but.......
Contractor sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMarch 7, 2016
Great place to work. Senior level management was great to work with. Company didn't have a clear direction and always changing direction every six months.
Pros
Work / home life balance
Cons
Head office decision makers never came to the ground level prior to making executive decisions
Fun workplace
Yardman (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBAugust 10, 2016
Boring. Just go with the flow. Unorganized management. Do by yourself. Good people around. Helping more customer in other department. Home time is always a good one.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Short Hours for part time
Productive and learning experience
General worker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 4, 2016
Worked all departments as it was a small store. I enjoyed helping customers and working cash. Had to stock shelves and change tags daily. Physically demanding working lumber yard. Overall good, hard working job.
Staff member
Garden Centre Labourer (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONMay 18, 2016
Organized stock, heavy lifting, maintaining displays. Stock shelves, clean floors, assist customers. Must be physically fit and able to stand for a long duration of time.
Pros
good hours