RONA Employee Reviews

Fast Paced Environment
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB25 April 2017
What an excellent place to work, well respected company with a reputation of quality.

Building houses to last, they treat every job like its the only job.

Great work environment.
Pros
learn a lot and they will invest in your success
Cons
Corporate Run
Rona
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carstairs, AB25 April 2017
I would balance the safe, tills and open the store.
I would also order stock, help other employees when they went on their break. I would deal with the reps that came in for new product.
Productive but unorganized working environment
CSA (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 April 2017
I was a CSA so I had a variety of responsibilities from collecting cart from the shelters and bringing them inside to working on the cash resgester. Usually, I learned various new things about home maintenance and skills like painting and gardening. The management was kind of sloppy, the managers were not very involved but we had a good team to make up for that.
Go no where
Contract Sales (Former Employee) –  BC19 April 2017
Likes to make promises they don't intend to keep, to keep you there. They only promote their friends or family plus. Don't deal with problem employees effectively
Pros
some of the staff
Cons
doesn't keep promises
Friendly workplace with a knowlegeable service team.
Cashier/Lumber Yard (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON14 April 2017
Smaller workplace and warehouse compared to competitors. This leads to less product choices overall but a much more personal experience for customers. This workplace has a focus on service quality over product quantity.
fun place to work
Salesperson (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON13 April 2017
stacked some wood fixed it up and helped customers out, with customers i would show there where the wood was that they needed and what would is best suited for each specific thing they are trying to design and create.
Pros
nice staff
Cons
Was a good place to work
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 April 2017
Until they got new managers then it went all down the drain. I did enjoy the staff I worked with. I did think that we could have hired more people and it always seemed like they would make us short handed instead of hiring some people.
learned lots but didn't like the management
Lumber Yard Worker (Former Employee) –  Simcoe, ON8 April 2017
Was told I was going to get a raise for like 7 months and didn't see a dime then told I was gonna be reimbursed by the assistant manager then got laughed at by the actually manager saying no k was going to get my raise when I got it
Pros
laid back
Cons
if you worked hard you got nothing to show for it
Too many management and not enough training.
Yard staff (Former Employee) –  Cobble Hill, BC5 April 2017
They said they would have me job shadow someone.It did not happen.The management talks over management.For the amount of work expected salary very low,and the boss in the yard,needs to stay in the army.Was a know it all who knew nothing and was not good with his employees at all!!Was willing to work and to do a good job but didn't last long enough.Turn over there really high!!!
Pros
poor mamangement
Wonderful Place to Work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON29 March 2017
Working at RONA has been a wonderful experience. Employees are always nice and ready to help you whenever you have any questions. I have been able to improve on my problem solving skills as well as improve my customer service skills whenever customers had a problem or concern with either the product or their service. Management was always there to help out when the store got busy and answer questions.
Great environment to work
Lumber Associate (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, AB29 March 2017
Hardest part is working outdoors in the winter time.
Most enjoyable would be the staff you can work with.
Lots of fun surprise lunches.
Great holiday employee activities.
Pros
Lots of fun days
Cons
little communication
Fun
Yard Associate (Former Employee) –  Wallaceburg, ON25 March 2017
Great atmosphere and very fun to work with. Very professional staff that are very helpful for whatever project your working on. Professional's that are experts in their fields.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Front-End Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON22 March 2017
A very enjoyable place to work with kind and caring employees. Fellow coworkers are very helpful and are always around to give assistance when needed.
Fellow workers
Yard Worker/ stocker inside store (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC16 March 2017
People can be very lazy and you have to keep fixing there mistakes. its very slow in the evening. Rona cares so much about safety of employees for example you have to where a hard hat outside while taking down racking
Very great set of skills that were learned from Rona
Assist customers (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON14 March 2017
Vast and unique skills in many fields such as customer service, lumber treatment and care, lumber product information and uses, Hazardous protocol and rules, Etc. Rona was the stepping stone to which i learned many skills i do use everyday.
Pros
Great co-workers, Simple tasks, Great Store
Cons
Some unusual tasks, Lack of structure in the yard
Great place to advance
Customer Experience Manager (Former Employee) –  Flamborough, ON14 March 2017
The management team excels in coaching it's employees in order to let them advance throughout the company and cross train them in various areas of the store.
Unorganized/ Poor Management
Stock/ Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Leamington, ON10 March 2017
The job is enjoyable in that I work nights - part time - with one other person so we don't have to deal with management. A typical day is filled with frustration due to poor procedures and systems and disorganization. Most people there hate their jobs and upper management so the culture in not a positive one. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the many changes in procedure due to poor planning, mismanagement and extra workload due to laziness/ negativity of full time staff.
Pros
Night shift
Cons
Poor management
Productive and friendly place to work.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 March 2017
Everyone there made me feel extremely welcome and they were very kind and patient. Always wanting to help others out. The staff made it a great place to be and I am lucky to have experienced this.
Pros
Great staff
Terrible environemnt
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 March 2017
I stocked shelves, helped customers and watered plants. One valuable lesson i learned was how to communicate with others in an appropriate and efficient manner.
Unorganized, horribly managed
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB8 March 2017
I've been with Rona for a number of years working part time while going to school.
This corporation does NOT care about their employees. During slow season I'm lucky getting 10 hours a week, even after asking management to switch departments in order for more hours, to which they completely ignored.
Pros
Cons
Poorly managed, no consideration for part time employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RONA. Our community is ready to answer.