RONA

RONA Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Overall great place to work
Ron yard worker (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 4, 2015
Pros: Friendly co workers
Cons: Very long hours 10 plus hours but still maintainable
Great company to work for, positive environment people willing to lend a hand if needed. Building orders driving forklift putting away stock in warehouse. Learned to work as part of a team, drive forklift, work in all weather conditions (hot,cold,rain) Friendly supportive co workers lots of positive relationships built. The flexibility was the hardest part to adapt to with the job (not much room for advancement) The best part of the job was the overall positive environment people and independence we were privileged with.
part time job
Shipper / Sales - Part Time. Pick (Former Employee), markhamMay 3, 2015
Pros: close to home
Cons: heavy lifting required and in winter outside work is difficult
part time job shipping customers purchases from the warehouse. Involves heavy lifting and at times searching for the product
Propably the best company you could ever work for
Cooperative Education Student as a Plumber (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 12, 2015
Pros: Friendly Environment
Typical day at work involves helping customers and stocking large skids. I learn a lot about responsibility and customer service.
My co-workers are amazing, they make the environment very friendly. The hardest part about the job is helping customers who don't know what they are looking for.The most enjoyable part is working with people who you know will help you succeed.
Decent placement for co-op students
Co-operative Education Student/ Hardware Clerk (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 10, 2015
Pros: Co-workers are supportive, Online training sessions are a bonus
Cons: Outdated training sessions, Unorganized managers
I was a hardware clerk for 3 months at Rona Inc.
In the mornings it was a nice quiet place, stocking shelves for the most part was one of my only responsibilities. When entering the building, I would begin with online training sessions. These sessions were useful, but in some cases outdated. A decent amount of time would be spent on items that we didn't even have in store anymore for some sessions. My 3 co-workers in the department were very easy going with me and taught me a lot about the codes for each item. In the first bit I wasn't very good with customers, but eventually I got the hang of it thanks to some tips by one of my co-workers. What I didn't like was on some days I would be the only one in my department, not knowing what to do. Management was very nice to the employees (at least I thought so), but sometimes a little unorganized.
Its a great place to work
Lumber (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 26, 2015
Pros: nice people
Rona was a great experience because I learn many things in there and also every time I went there I felt great because I loved working.
Disorganization is an understatement
Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCMarch 24, 2015
They are shoveling money out the door. Not interested in equipping their employees with the tools they need to perform yet expecting that they over perform.
allways pushing us to work hard, lots of fun
yard staff (Current Employee), Sherwood Park, ABMarch 23, 2015
I have been working at Rona for the past year, in that time I have taken an operators course and received my fork lift licence. I have a lot of operating experience with counter-balance and narrow isle fork lifts.
decent workplace
Yard attendant/ delivery driver (Former Employee), Labrador City, NLMarch 11, 2015
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: sometimes longer hours than expected
typical day arrive at the warehouse get order slips, load the cube truck and deliver. great team to work with supervisor was good to work for.
good starter job
Gate Attendant (Former Employee), Fort St John, BCMarch 6, 2015
Pros: a family company
Cons: no room for advancment
I worked at Rona for about 3 years. although I enjoyed the people I worked with my actual job was very boring. The management is very difficult to deal with.
great staff and challenges
Store Manager (Current Employee), oakvilleMarch 4, 2015
everyday was something new and challenging from the staff, customers and logistics. very competitive industry which kept it exciting. learnt alot in this role and helped develop, coach and promote others to get them to their next level in their career
Overall positive work environment
Sales and Inventory (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONMarch 2, 2015
-typical day involved setting up, and facing the dept when I get in. Work whatever stock we receive on the shelves and put the rest away as overstock. After that, it's pretty much answering customers inquiries and helping them choose the right product for their specific needs.
-learned a lot about the electrical dept. as that's where I was assigned
-co-workers were/are all very friendly people. This is definitely the part where Rona does it right.
-hardest part is probably in the summertime when it gets very busy
I really enjoyed this CO OP
Seasonal Floor Assistant, Co-op placement (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: working outside
Cons: i didnt find any cons
I enjoyed this co op because I was able to help customers out to their cars, water plants, and even stock shelves also I got to put together displays like gazebos
Very happy to be not there anymore!
buyer (Former Employee), calgaryFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: none- its a retailer!
Cons: low pay and virtually no benefits
Company has very little advancement opportunities as expected from a retailer. A lot of people still working the same entry level jobs for 15+ years!!
HR is not very supportive and plain out rude. I applied for a job and the director of HR told that I will not be able to perform on the job and will fail and told me that they will not consider my application any further.
The company pays very low and expect employees to perform at top value. Management is clueless, not professional at all and most have no formal education.
it was a welcoming place to work and leaned allot of helpful tips
lumber yard labourer (Former Employee), Williams Lake, BCFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: learning and getting the expierence of working there
Cons: sometimes ran out of work
the most enjoyable part of my job at the time was making sure the customer was happy when he left the yard and because there happiness came first before anything my co-workers were great to work with and were always asking if i need help
Good Lumber Yard! And Great Guys To Work With
Moffett Truck Driver, (Former Employee), Belleville, ONFebruary 5, 2015
Cons: evnings and saterdays
I really liked this job.
Management was always on your side.
Nice trucks.
Good hours.
Yard was open to Late.
Always some one to help you out.
place to work
Sales / Service Associate (Former Employee), Fort Qu'appelle, SKFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: close place to work
Cons: poor focus to business and future
Just ok place to work at....
This merchant has a 1960 approach to sales, ownership of commitment and follow through. ...................................
Poor to work For
Estimator - Contract (Former Employee), OntarioJanuary 26, 2015
A poor company to work for with limiting policies in place for staff to provide top quality cutting edge products to customers.
Fun place to work, but management didn't care
Lumber department associate (Former Employee), winnipegJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: great place to work, nice coworkers, good location
Cons: management, the random bad customer
Everyday going to work I put in a lot of time and effort, working 40 hours a week and learning everyday and showing that I learned made me feel great when the other employees noticed that it was showing, but my superior always treated me lower than the others. Cut my hours, treated me like I was a child and always gave me the worse jobs throughout the day. For example it was my brothers birthday, i worked a 4 hour day, I was fine with that because it was a family birthday. I did not leave however until 50 minutes after my scheduled time to leave. I helped customer after customer and did not leave because it was my job and I enjoyed helping them, the other coworker that was there noticed and freaked out how late I stayed, but knew why. When i was just leaving my superior saw me and just said, "why are you here, go home we didn't need you here."
I didn't take too much to mind it, but the hardest part was not freaking out on them, she cut my hours to 4 a week. That was the hardest, just staying there till my time was up for my contract. Best part was to come to work everyday to help those that needed it, and to see my other coworkers, the ones I liked.
Corporately owned.
Valet / Customer Service (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, ONJanuary 19, 2015
Not the same format as an independent store, a lot of changes.
Growing home improvement company that provided many opportunites to learn and gain great knowledge.
Store Manager (Former Employee), Surrey, BCJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: great customer interation
Cons: long and varied days
A varied work day with every day being different. If you love working with people this is the place to be. Lots of on the job training and coaching. Lots of room for growth. The best part are the customers and finding ways to solve their home improvement problems.

1 2 3 4 5

About RONA

Rona Inc. is a Canadian distributor and retailer hardware, home improvement and gardening products. Rona was founded in 1939.