RONA

RONA Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Standard retail business
Cashier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 24, 2014
Cashier responsibilities were the main portion of this job serving customers with purchases and returns.
Good Comapny
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Powell River, BCJuly 21, 2014
Great owner but not a lot of room for advancement. Place is very up in down for sales.
very good place to work
❸ Department head of electrical department (Former Employee), St. John's, NLJuly 20, 2014
a typical day at rona would be as follows,check on stock supply in store,to see if stock is needed in store.Check on outstanding orders from contractors,if any ,get ready.Next we would serve customers( if any customers r in store before we get to these cores, they would have to come first ).Co-workers were great.
receiver/shipper
Receiver/Shipper (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJune 26, 2014
Provided a valuable part of the store team; developed organizational skills; scheduled deliveries and shipments
good work
Retail Clerk (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCJune 18, 2014
Pros: good people.
working at Rona was one of the best career that I had ever had. good people and good work. I enjoyed going to work and seeing my coworkers work around me as I did my best for the company. it was a same that I was laid of with 5 other people when times were not so good.
Amazing employees
Garden Center (Former Employee), Oakville, ONJune 16, 2014
Pros: freezes on hot days
Cons: expected to work volunteer rather then focus on studies
while working at rona i got to meet some amazingly friendly people, they were all friendly and understanding
Great work place
paint/ decor (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJune 4, 2014
A typical day at work would include. Number one priority Customer service, Down stalking, keeping the department clean and organized
At Rona I've learned how to program paint colours by the paint charts and using the machine to mix the paint for the customers. I also learned how to cut blinds according to our measure book, Roller blinds wood blinds – more... ect. I enjoyed working with my co-workers they were very helpful with training me and being very patient on how I learn. The hardest part of the job was being on your own especially when it got busy. Great customer service is hard to accomplish when you are on your own for 4 hours or more with all the duties you need to get done by closing time. My most enjoyable part of the job was being able to satisfy the customer, and mixing the paint. – less
Fun workplace with great staff
Assembler (Former Employee), Leamington, ONMay 29, 2014
Pros: good team members.
Cons: 1 person that always complained
Every day you learned something new - new skills for retail and customer service. The management team was very hands on and encouraging. My co-workers were very knowledgeable and very willing to share their knowledge so no matter what department you worked in you always learned more. The hardest part of the job was when we ran out of stock and the bes
Good for my coop
Coop Student (Current Employee), Barrie, ONMay 21, 2014
I enjoy being at rona for my COOP, the people are great, the work keeps you busy and it's overall a great ambiance.
Interactive and friendly environment
Seasonal and Garden Center Associate (Former Employee), Waterdown, ONApril 28, 2014
A typical day was seasonal and electrical sales. I learned about plants, soil, turf etc. The hardest part of the job was the people at times but the best part was people as well.
Very good when it comes to physical work.
shelf stocking (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 20, 2014
I have helped my family shop there for a very long time, especially when it came to home renovations. I find that whenever customer have a question, the employees are very kind and helpful, and customers are always walking out happy since they got what they needed.
Okay place to work
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONMarch 26, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: low pay
Jobs okay, not glamorous nor is there room for rises in position.
You meet a lot of people and interact.
fun
Cashier (Former Employee), Richmond, BCMarch 25, 2014
Pros: discounted item
Cons: standing for 8 hours
We start getting information from supervisor our promos for the day/ special discounted price.We get our numbers of which cash register we are in. We have our own password. Management monitoring us and back us up in case there were problems we cannot resolve. Co workers is very supportive. The hardest part is when the store was going to close and file – more... for bankruptcy . – less
A productive, organizational place of personal growth
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 21, 2014
Pros: builds organizational skills
Cons: moderate stress
When I worked at Rona I was a shipper/receiver who helped control who was getting what orders and how they were getting there. It helped me build organizational skills and my co-workers and management will very helpful when i needed help with something. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with all the stress of multiple shipping locations, but – more... the most enjoyable part was hearing back form the customer on the job that I had preformed. – less
fun work environment, enoyed everything about my job, and the people I worked with
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 14, 2014
Pros: friendly work atmosphere
Cons: they had to make huge budget cuts when the recession happened, and they had to close the store down, and unfortunally i was laid off
A typical day at work would usually be in the greenhouse, unpacking plants, and putting them away on shelf, watering plants, repotting plants for customers, trimming, and pruning plants (cutting off dead leaves) stocking shelves, setting up displays in garden centre and seasonal department, making labels, printing signs, learning about the different – more... departments and products we sell through online computer testing , stacking bags of soil, and bricks, answering phones, filling in for tools and hardware when 3 people quit in that department at one time, learning about that deparrtment, and products we sell, doing inventory mainly for seasonal, lighting depeartment and paint section, helping customers find the products they need , and properly guiding them with their projects.

I learned many new things working at RONA, and I guess thats what kept me interested and enjoyed comming to work everyday. It was a really great oppurtunity to get to work there, and learn about all the different departments, including flooring, paint, tools and hardware , etc. the products sold , and their uses.

Management was good, they occasionally checked up on us, but usually didn't have any jobs they needed us to do , and seen everything was running smoothly in our department, and looking good, so there were never any issues.

I enjoyed every minute working with my co-workers, they were all quite a lot older than me, but I learned many new things about my job, and looked forward to comming into work everyday, and see what the plan was for the day, and what needed to be done, and it was always alot of fun working with them.

the hardest part of my job would be moving the paving stones and sidewalk blocks , and bringing in all the plant racks at the end of the night shift (there were about 20-30 of them, and they were quite heavy to push) some were on pallets, and some were on the 6 tier metal shelf

the most enjoyable part of my job was watering plants, and talking to customers about their projects, and brainstorming ideas with co-workers on how to make things look better in the store, or change things around, and following through together with our ideas. – less
reinventing itself too many times, no direction at the present time.
REGIONAL REPLENISHER / BUYER (Former Employee), torontoMarch 10, 2014
It was a good company to work for a few years back, but because of the loss in stocks and lay offs no job security
pretty good place to work.
Customer Service (Former Employee), belleville ontarioFebruary 28, 2014
i was in charge of stocking shelves and making sure everything was ready for customer use.
Fast Paced Retail Industry
Auditor (Former Employee), Richmond, BCFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: retail industry
Cons: long hours and unappreciated by management....
Oversee audits of all incoming shipments, conduct complex reconcile of inventory and work closely with operations manager on shrink and internal controls affecting the store. Refer non-compliance issues to Internal Audit Team, Distribution Centre, Loss and Prevention and the Transport Agent. Overseeing team of six (6) staff and Richmond Location.
Great work environment that encourages personal growth
Order Selector (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 1, 2014
A typical day at work included filling orders, and providing customer service to customers in any way. Management was very organized and focused on meeting customer needs. Co-workers were friendly and it was a positive work environment.
Great Place to work at.
DZ Driver (Current Employee), Rexdale, ONJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: good pay & supportive people
Cons: work becomes really slow in winters. less or no work hours.
Paid training for a week.
Continuous support while at job.
Friendly Management & Dispatch.
Supportive co-workers.