RONA Employee Reviews

Negative Work Environment
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB19 July 2017
The owners do not respect their employees. It is such a negative place to work. They make their employees defend for them selves when it comes to an issue with a customer. They take off for 6 months of the year and fire staff when they make an error and have no one to ask for help.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
nice people
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Mount Forest, ON18 July 2017
nice place was close to home .people were easy to get along with salary was not the greatest but I made it work.all in all it was a good place to work .
Pros
home for lunch
Cons
poor pay
Loving work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 July 2017
Rona was a safe and loving work place, all employees were close and made the job a fun experience. Going to work wasn't something I hated while employed there, I would look forward to going there because everyone was like my second family.
good
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK5 July 2017
I knew how to drive forklift, I knew how much over time I can work in a month. I knew how RONA was working and how many contractor customers RONA had.
fun workplace
Yardman (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 June 2017
helping customers forklifting it was fun to work there the co workers i worked with was great guys i learned about forklifting and lumber and other stuff
Pros
fork lifting
Cons
big orders
Lead Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB22 June 2017
Mangers couldn't orchestra a water fall at the rear end of Niagara falls, if they were poo a dung beetle wouldn't take em home. They once met Stevie Wonder and even he said he could see they were terrible.
Pros
Got home early, worked 2 hours without management
Cons
Worked 6 hours with managment
un apprentissage continue
commis (Current Employee) –  Laval, QC20 June 2017
Le travail au sein de la compagnie Rona est un apprentissage qui ne se termine jamais, à chaque quart de travail nous apprenons une nouvelles chose avec les questions des clients ou la formation des compagnies.
Good Place to Work
Inventory Control Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 June 2017
Good place to work, however, training is insufficient and communications between head office and sites is minimal. My position is inventory assistant but there is no one else in the inventory group so I am not assisting anyone.Other roles are more basic but again roles are skewed and there really seems to be no direction.
ok
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON18 June 2017
decent place to work, not much to say about it but it payed the bills. now im going to write random words to fill the word count Blue aba dee aba doo, aba dee, aba doo, aba dee, aba doo.
Dont work here
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 June 2017
Incapable store management, half of which cant change a light bulb, unable to help customers or staff. At my old store the manager constantly sabotaged staff lowered moral and productivity. Wanted us to abandon real customers to answer phones and would get angry when told u were to busy with customer to answer phone or her 10 pages in 90 seconds. Brutally low wages as 80% of all jobs are part time with no benefits. Most jobs are minimum wage and short shifts. It should be illegal to operate like this. Head office constantly works against stores and is to lazy to add 10% to its bottom line by fixing its brutal inventory system.
Things have only gotten worse under Lowes. Morale is very low. Dont work for this company unless desperate based on my 3 years there.
Pros
the store is only open 16 hours a day
Cons
poor wages and lousey shifts. crazy managers act like circus monkeys.
tres beau defie
directeur de magasin (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC15 June 2017
ouverture du magasin
inspection et meeting avec les responsable de chaque departement
objectif de la journée

jais eu la chance de travailler evec des gars tres as leur affaire et tres orguelleux dans leurs taches

ce qui etais le plus difficille ces de ne pas voir assez mes enfants ..il etais tres jeunes donc il dormais quand jarrivais

le plus plaisant de ce travail etais de voir la progression que nous avons eu dans nos vente et la qualiter de la mise en marcher
Environnement de travail agréable
Voltigeur (Current Employee) –  Boucherville, QC14 June 2017
J'ai eu la chance de travailler avec une équipe discipliné et bien entretenu. Le travail d'équipe était mis de l'avant.
Nice place to work
Partner (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 June 2017
If you are a student, with a busy work schedule and you only want a couple hours of work a week, this is a good location. Understanding about busy school year.
Coop placement with job work environment
Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON6 June 2017
I worked here as a coop student, I enjoyed the work environment and got the work done quickly. I learned many skills and I learned a lot about the product.

I learned the work terms, such as; Front-facing: where you fix the product on the shelves to have them look organised and make the shelves look full (even if the stock is low)

I learned how the paint is mixed and the colour is set to a specific pigment.

The management was great and always helpful and able to answer any of my questions..
Pros
Various sections to learn
Cons
work load varied
fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 June 2017
Rona is a great place to work. Lots of great people and picked up lots of experience there. Lots of opportunities as well. Good benefits and overall atmosphere.
Pros
great people
Cons
understaffed sometines
It was a good place to work, if you want to work retail.
Installed Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON4 June 2017
Busy days at work, steady customer flow.
Learned a lot about retail, Sales, procedures.
Management was supportive, although training lacked a bit.
Friendly atmosphere.
I enjoyed the customer service end of the position.
Great place to work.
Yard Worker (Former Employee) –  Paradise, NL31 May 2017
Didn't work with the company for very long however for the time I did work for them it was fairly easy going. Warehouse manager was very reasonable with my hours.
Belle entreprise
Employé de bureau (Current Employee) –  Boucherville, QC26 May 2017
Je travaille au siège social à Boucherville. Les défis sont stimulants, l'entreprise est vivante. Les gens sont super, conditions d'emploi aussi. Je recommande l'entreprise comme employeur! Par contre il faut être capable de s'adapter à un rythme rapide, au changement. Beaucoup de projets sont en court. C'est intéressant, on apprend beaucoup, on se développe rapidement. Mais il faut suivre!!
Pros
Gens sympathiques, rabais employés, possibilités d'évolution
Cons
Parfois stressant
Leaders leading by example
Manager Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  Pierrefonds, QC23 May 2017
An overall great experience, leaders were leading by exemple. When the going was getting tough, the would help and get dirty. Really appreciated their efforts
Pros
Leader
Advancement possibility
Manager (Current Employee) –  Pierrefonds, QC23 May 2017
If you want, you can progress in the compagny . Helping customers and provide the best services , give you satisfactions to progress every day .

Major compagny in quebec !