RONA

RONA Employee Reviews

Fun Place to work
Logistics Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCFebruary 3, 2016
The location I worked at was fun and laid back. The atmosphere of the people made it special. Co-workers were always smiling. Management was alright even though they didn't know half the work we did.
Pros
Pretty Flexible
Cons
People don't clean up after themselves
great store to work at
office administrator (Former Employee) –  miton ontJanuary 19, 2016
was a busy job and long hours but I love my job and my co workers my job consists of cashier counting and balancing the tills purchasing for the store calling vendors shipping and receiving payroll paying the bills
Great place to work for school students.
FRONT-END MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABJanuary 7, 2016
I started working at rona when I was still in school, now that I am out of school, I need a change. Rona was great to me, but the atmosphere isnt the greatest.
Head cashier, vault associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 5, 2016
worked weekends to account for being in school. They are very good at making compromises and allowing for time off when needed.
just a boring work enviroment
Yard worker (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCJanuary 5, 2016
it was along time ago so i barely remeber, but working for rona wasnt very interesting, no incentives were given to work hard or possibly advance , isnt a place id reccomend.
Pros
nothing
Cons
boring job
Rona Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 5, 2016
Working at Rona was very enjoyable. Very nice staff and management. Always learning new things with all the customers that ive served. Improved my social and communication skills. Hardest part of the job was keeping track of where everything is in the store. I mostly enjoyed being able to not only work indoors but outdoors as well.
Pros
Always moving
Cons
Repetitive
productive and challenging
Crane truck driver (Former Employee) –  Cranbrook, BCDecember 1, 2015
everyday was something new and challenging to learn and do.I obtained great experience and satisfication.all the people worked really well together providing a great work inviroment to be around..
great place to work
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 27, 2015
working a coca cola was a great learning and growing experience everyone there is friendly and helpful very organized warehouse.
great first job for any high school student
Carry out (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONNovember 22, 2015
stock shelves
bring carts inside
help customers
i learner alot about lumber and construction
my co working were really laid back
Pros
outgoing co workers
Cons
not enough hours
Productive workplace
Merchandising and Stocking (Current Employee) –  Penticton, BCNovember 12, 2015
I enjoy working there because its one of the many little things I can do to help people. As well as learning new job skills that would help me further in the work industry.
Pros
snacks sometimes
Cons
heavy lifting

Want to know more about RONA?

Ask a question
Great co-workers and happy attitudes
merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 10, 2015
Friendly and happy, glad i got to work at this job and learn the ins and outs of being a merchandiser. it is awesome and fun but the wages are low and the hours are short. i need more to be able to balance all my bills,
Pros
Nearby
Cons
Low wages
Enjoyable pat of my job
CUSTOMER SERVICE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Waterdown, ONNovember 9, 2015
I Work for Rona for 5yrs. I just got layoff because of slow business.
I wasFrontend supervisor and taking care of 30 staff members.I enjoyed my job, I love my coworkers and my managers.we were the great team. I was taking care of daily paperwork, counting safe, taking care of credit applications ,taking care of schedule, ordering stuff for daily needs.
Its a great team work
MH Picker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 30, 2015
There are always something to do. Safety is considerate as a priority and people work with confidence. A solidary team work makes great companies and Rona never was an exception. Management focus in its workers and secondly in productivity, is a worker is happy the productivity is a piece of cake.
Pros
Good work team
Cons
Salary is one factor
Retail environment. Assist customer in order to achieve maximum customer service. Friendly employment environment and very fast paced.
Head Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 17, 2015
The company is very easy going. The management team are very helpful and approachable. Having to help customers and seeing a smile on their faces is the high light of our day.
If not for changes, I'll still be here.
LOGISTICS COORDINATOR & PAYROLL ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCOctober 9, 2015
Pleasant people at this office are friendly and outgoing. Co-workers are a blast to work with. Environment is very nice.
Most enjoyable part of my job
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER /OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABOctober 1, 2015
I enjoyed my time with the staff and Management team. There are a lot of learning curves for a new team to over come and time will help this. The work environment was enjoyable. The staff can make your day for sure.
Pros
alot of staff building programs . Monthly events for the staff
Cons
micro managment by store leader..No hands on with the managment team
Great Associates, Questionable Overall Environment
Lumber Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 9, 2015
I have worked at Rona for almost three years. Within that time I've been able to transfer several times to different and more demanding departments. They've let me grow as a person, and I have made life long friends who I don't know how I lived without before coming here. A typical day is working hard in your department, dealing with customers, and completing set lists given by management. I've been able to work 8 different positions within Rona. I've received free training for all saws, equipment and heavy machinery. Management tends to treat staff fairly but can be biased. I have found that some managers will try to make you succeed and others will find what you're good at and keep you there with no room for advancement. Pay raises are hard to come by, wages are low, and with many qualifications new hires with no experiences are often hired with a higher hourly wage than I have accumulated over several years. No one makes over $15/hr. Its hard to deal with unruly customers, and with management. Management will have a bad day, take it out on you, and if you don't perform they will not be agreeable. The most enjoyable part of the job is the team members. They make every single day worth it.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Lots of manual labour, Unfair treatment from some managers
Front end Supervisor/ Vault Clerk
Full time sales associate to Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Camrose, ABSeptember 7, 2015
Working at RONA was a great experience I advanced quickly to Head Cashier. I learned a lot of skills in working with money as part of my duty was to make floats, balance safe, make customer payments, and send the accounting information to the head office.
Pros
fairly flexible schedule, coorworkers
Busy Enviornment
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 26, 2015
Very busy environment in which customer service and knowledge of products is key. The day goes by very fast and management is easy to deal with.
Flexible work hours with great customer service
Cash Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 25, 2015
Typical Day: Complete assigned tasks in between helping customers; because customers come first.

Learning: The customer isn't ALWAYS right. I have my team to back me up on decisions made with customers. It's all about prioritizing, staying organized, and having proper communication between coworkers.

Management: Very understanding. Welcomes opinions and change.

Co-workers: Very helpful. Able to keep a professional relationship.

The Hard Part: Having customers not understand that a company consists of many employees and that not each and every employee is aware of absolutely everything; blame gets put on individuals rather than having general criticism.