RONA

RONA Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Busy Enviornment
Retail Associate (Current Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 26, 2015
Very busy environment in which customer service and knowledge of products is key. The day goes by very fast and management is easy to deal with.
Flexible work hours with great customer service
Cash Supervisor (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 25, 2015
Typical Day: Complete assigned tasks in between helping customers; because customers come first.

Learning: The customer isn't ALWAYS right. I have my team to back me up on decisions made with customers. It's all about prioritizing, staying organized, and having proper communication between coworkers.

Management: Very understanding. Welcomes opinions and change.

Co-workers: Very helpful. Able to keep a professional relationship.

The Hard Part: Having customers not understand that a company consists of many employees and that not each and every employee is aware of absolutely everything; blame gets put on individuals rather than having general criticism.
A morning in the lumber yard.
Shipping/Receiving Clerk (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 23, 2015
Pros: working outside.
Cons: the washroom was at the front of the store, by checkout.
so my day would start off with checking the forklift log book and inspecting the forklifts of any damage. i would then go on the forklift and stock and product that was becoming low , and ship customers.
Rona Job Review
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Langley, BCAugust 9, 2015
Pros: Store mananger hosted team building events like water melon eating contest etc.
Cons: rude management, (but money came off our cheques for it for the team building)
I have never wanted to quit a job so bad in my life, I worked there for two months and the management was horrible our store manager was awesome and kind but our other two managers were so rude, i went home crying three days in two weeks because they were so harsh on their employees. I never had a problem with management in my five years of customer service and working. as for the work its was an okay work atmosphere if the managers were not so horrible I probably would have wanted a career through Rona. Co-workers were the only reason I stayed there for the full two months, it was an awesome team!
If you thought about working at Rona... Don't.
Sales (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJuly 31, 2015
Pros: Friendly co-workers.
Cons: Very bad management, angry customers, bad hours.
I cannot speak for all Ronas, but I had a tremendously hard time when working at Rona on Panet in Winnipeg. I stayed at Rona because of the flexibility during school, and because the co-workers were great. Other than that, customers are miserable because of poor service all the time, management looks down on you and they turn over so fast that I practically had to tell them what to do in frustrating situations. There was a constant lack of staff, and they pay students minimum wage. I stayed at Rona for 4.5 years and it went so downhill since when I started. The store manager was arrogant, didn't – more... talk to any employees, didn't talk to customers except when there was problems, and was very unapproachable. As far as wage went After +4 years I made 25 cents over minimum wage because they give you 20c raise if they want to, once a year. I have seen people layed off because they didn't like them, people forced to transfer to other stores because of lack of budget for hours, seen countless full time people quit then have their positions terminated instead of being filled. In the winter they cut my hours down to like 10 per week to save money. When staff quits, they never come back, not to visit, not to say hi because it was that bad. I liked to say "see ya never" when people left. Anyways, If your still considering working at Rona... Don't. – less
good
Supply Chain Analyst (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJuly 29, 2015
work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company.
farmers store
Sales Clerk (Former Employee), Embrun, ONJuly 27, 2015
ordering merchandise
management of my department
ok management
dealing with picky customers
knowing that i have done my job right

it a store that sell farmers clothing and equipments
Good place to work with good people.
Lumber Yard Associate (Current Employee), Saskatoon, SKJuly 25, 2015
Pros: Good social club for employees.
Cons: Poor wage, managment and ability to move up in the company.
This is a good place to work, with lots to learn and usually lots to do. I learned a lot about building materials and customer service. The management was far from great, but for the most part decent. The wage and the ability to keep moving up was sub-par. The hardest part of the job was learning to deal with different customers and work well in a fast paced environment, such as a lumber yard, but I adapted quickly. The most enjoyable part of the job was the co-workers.
Great People - Tasking Work.
Cashier/Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Uxbridge, ONJuly 25, 2015
Pros: Friendly team, friendly customers, competent and knowledgable staff
Cons: Short hours
Since there is already a lot of "infrastructure" established within the store, it is very difficult for a new-comer to get a hang of things. Very little formal training is provided. Often times a customer with an account who is familiar with the rest of the staff, whom you have never seen before, may expect you to recognize them and give them their Contractor's Discount or to fulfill certain tasks that need to be done with their transaction without them telling you. Can be stressful to get used to. As well, the store's main function is of a lumber yard. Unless you are able to use the ordering computers and know a lot about woods and building materials, you won't be able to help out many customers and will serve solely as a cashier. Other than that, the experience is great and I have learned a lot about hardware since working here. Supportive management. Very casual environment.
co workers are great
Delivery Driver and forklift operator (Current Employee), Regina, SKJuly 22, 2015
Pros: working outdoors
Cons: traffic
Walk around inspection of the truck. Preview days delivery and plan route. Pick orders ,load truck, and deliver customer orders.

The daily involvement with the customers as the orders are delivered.
Very positive working environment.
CSR (Current Employee), BramptonJuly 16, 2015
I learned many workplace skills from the employees at RONA. It is an excellent company and I have nothing but positive things to say about management and the company.
Big Box Life
Install Sales Coordinator (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJune 20, 2015
Pros: Friendly
Cons: Retail, vulnerable to economic cutbacks
I enjoyed working at RONA and if the the 2008 downturn had not occurred I might be there yet. There was room to improve and advance if you wished.
good start up job, not a great career job.
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJune 14, 2015
Pros: Met some great people.
Cons: Everything was pretty unorganized, and a lot of employees got away with things they shouldnt.
Rona is a great job for young people trying to gain work experience, but it was definitely not the most organized place.hardest part of the job was dealing with unruly customers, and some mangers did not seem to know much about their own store. co workers are generally ice though. typical day included your daily routine, which is based on your department. most enjoyable part was making new friends.
good friendly atmosphere
Night Crew (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJune 8, 2015
we clock in. collect the merchandise and continue putting products on shelves. some nights are easier than others, .large open areas, so we do not run into each other too often
It was better than expected
Chargé des ententes commerciales (Former Employee), Boucherville, QCJune 2, 2015
Pros: nice co-workers
Cons: boring
working a office was different for me. I didn't hate it. I loved some of my co-workers, they were really nice to me and tought me alot about RONA and how things work.

it was really well paid and long hours, so I liked it. But after my 2nd summer, I didn't see my self work there no more.
GOOD RELATIONSHIP WITH CO-WORKERS AND I LIKED DE FREE DONUTS END-OUTS
Driver (Former Employee), Pierrefonds, QCMay 28, 2015
I LIKE TO DRIVE , IT FEEL GOOD TO BE ON THE ROAD EVERY DAY,WINTER IS A BIT FROSTY AND COLD BUT I GET TRUE IT,MY CO WORKERS WHERE GOOD FOR ME AND I FOR THEM,I LOVE MY JOB.
Good part-time job
Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee), Port Perry, ONMay 19, 2015
Pros: Working outside and knowledge gained by working there
Cons: Management
At RONA a typical day consists of shipping and receiving as the jobs title entails. Trucks come in almost daily with product which needs to be unloaded and put away both in the store and yard. Shipping customers is a huge part of the job which can be difficult at times when shipping large orders during a busy day, but it helps the day go by fast. The most enjoyable part of the job is using the equipment such as the bobcats in winter and the forklifts for loading and unloading, and putting stock away. The hardest and most time consuming part of the job is rotating and putting away new inventory.
Good work enviroment and learned lots
General help (Former Employee), St. John's, NewfoundlandMay 6, 2015
Pros: Learned lots about the construction business
Cons: Poor management
I would start my day off by serving customers in the lumber yard then as the day continued I would use the forklift to stock up material. Working at Rona taught me better communication skills and also working together with co-workers
Overall great place to work
Ron yard worker (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 4, 2015
Pros: Friendly co workers
Cons: Very long hours 10 plus hours but still maintainable
Great company to work for, positive environment people willing to lend a hand if needed. Building orders driving forklift putting away stock in warehouse. Learned to work as part of a team, drive forklift, work in all weather conditions (hot,cold,rain) Friendly supportive co workers lots of positive relationships built. The flexibility was the hardest part to adapt to with the job (not much room for advancement) The best part of the job was the overall positive environment people and independence we were privileged with.
part time job
Shipper / Sales - Part Time. Pick (Former Employee), markhamMay 3, 2015
Pros: close to home
Cons: heavy lifting required and in winter outside work is difficult
part time job shipping customers purchases from the warehouse. Involves heavy lifting and at times searching for the product

1 2 3 4 5

About RONA

Rona Inc. is a Canadian distributor and retailer hardware, home improvement and gardening products. Rona was founded in 1939.