RONA

ordering merchandise
management of my department
ok management
dealing with picky customers
knowing that i have done my job right

it a store that sell farmers clothing and equipments
Good place to work with good people.
Lumber Yard Associate (Current Employee), Saskatoon, SKJuly 25, 2015
Pros: Good social club for employees.
Cons: Poor wage, managment and ability to move up in the company.
This is a good place to work, with lots to learn and usually lots to do. I learned a lot about building materials and customer service. The management was far from great, but for the most part decent. The wage and the ability to keep moving up was sub-par. The hardest part of the job was learning to deal with different customers and work well in a fast paced environment, such as a lumber yard, but I adapted quickly. The most enjoyable part of the job was the co-workers.
Great People - Tasking Work.
Cashier/Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Uxbridge, ONJuly 25, 2015
Pros: Friendly team, friendly customers, competent and knowledgable staff
Cons: Short hours
Since there is already a lot of "infrastructure" established within the store, it is very difficult for a new-comer to get a hang of things. Very little formal training is provided. Often times a customer with an account who is familiar with the rest of the staff, whom you have never seen before, may expect you to recognize them and give them their Contractor's Discount or to fulfill certain tasks that need to be done with their transaction without them telling you. Can be stressful to get used to. As well, the store's main function is of a lumber yard. Unless you are able to use the ordering computers and know a lot about woods and building materials, you won't be able to help out many customers and will serve solely as a cashier. Other than that, the experience is great and I have learned a lot about hardware since working here. Supportive management. Very casual environment.
co workers are great
Delivery Driver and forklift operator (Current Employee), Regina, SKJuly 22, 2015
Pros: working outdoors
Cons: traffic
Walk around inspection of the truck. Preview days delivery and plan route. Pick orders ,load truck, and deliver customer orders.

The daily involvement with the customers as the orders are delivered.
Very positive working environment.
CSR (Current Employee), BramptonJuly 16, 2015
I learned many workplace skills from the employees at RONA. It is an excellent company and I have nothing but positive things to say about management and the company.
Big Box Life
Install Sales Coordinator (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJune 20, 2015
Pros: Friendly
Cons: Retail, vulnerable to economic cutbacks
I enjoyed working at RONA and if the the 2008 downturn had not occurred I might be there yet. There was room to improve and advance if you wished.
good start up job, not a great career job.
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJune 14, 2015
Pros: Met some great people.
Cons: Everything was pretty unorganized, and a lot of employees got away with things they shouldnt.
Rona is a great job for young people trying to gain work experience, but it was definitely not the most organized place.hardest part of the job was dealing with unruly customers, and some mangers did not seem to know much about their own store. co workers are generally ice though. typical day included your daily routine, which is based on your department. most enjoyable part was making new friends.
good friendly atmosphere
Night Crew (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJune 8, 2015
we clock in. collect the merchandise and continue putting products on shelves. some nights are easier than others, .large open areas, so we do not run into each other too often
It was better than expected
Chargé des ententes commerciales (Former Employee), Boucherville, QCJune 2, 2015
Pros: nice co-workers
Cons: boring
working a office was different for me. I didn't hate it. I loved some of my co-workers, they were really nice to me and tought me alot about RONA and how things work.

it was really well paid and long hours, so I liked it. But after my 2nd summer, I didn't see my self work there no more.
GOOD RELATIONSHIP WITH CO-WORKERS AND I LIKED DE FREE DONUTS END-OUTS
Driver (Former Employee), Pierrefonds, QCMay 28, 2015
I LIKE TO DRIVE , IT FEEL GOOD TO BE ON THE ROAD EVERY DAY,WINTER IS A BIT FROSTY AND COLD BUT I GET TRUE IT,MY CO WORKERS WHERE GOOD FOR ME AND I FOR THEM,I LOVE MY JOB.
Good part-time job
Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee), Port Perry, ONMay 19, 2015
Pros: Working outside and knowledge gained by working there
Cons: Management
At RONA a typical day consists of shipping and receiving as the jobs title entails. Trucks come in almost daily with product which needs to be unloaded and put away both in the store and yard. Shipping customers is a huge part of the job which can be difficult at times when shipping large orders during a busy day, but it helps the day go by fast. The most enjoyable part of the job is using the equipment such as the bobcats in winter and the forklifts for loading and unloading, and putting stock away. The hardest and most time consuming part of the job is rotating and putting away new inventory.
Good work enviroment and learned lots
General help (Former Employee), St. John's, NewfoundlandMay 6, 2015
Pros: Learned lots about the construction business
Cons: Poor management
I would start my day off by serving customers in the lumber yard then as the day continued I would use the forklift to stock up material. Working at Rona taught me better communication skills and also working together with co-workers
Overall great place to work
Ron yard worker (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 4, 2015
Pros: Friendly co workers
Cons: Very long hours 10 plus hours but still maintainable
Great company to work for, positive environment people willing to lend a hand if needed. Building orders driving forklift putting away stock in warehouse. Learned to work as part of a team, drive forklift, work in all weather conditions (hot,cold,rain) Friendly supportive co workers lots of positive relationships built. The flexibility was the hardest part to adapt to with the job (not much room for advancement) The best part of the job was the overall positive environment people and independence we were privileged with.
part time job
Shipper / Sales - Part Time. Pick (Former Employee), markhamMay 3, 2015
Pros: close to home
Cons: heavy lifting required and in winter outside work is difficult
part time job shipping customers purchases from the warehouse. Involves heavy lifting and at times searching for the product
Propably the best company you could ever work for
Cooperative Education Student as a Plumber (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 12, 2015
Pros: Friendly Environment
Typical day at work involves helping customers and stocking large skids. I learn a lot about responsibility and customer service.
My co-workers are amazing, they make the environment very friendly. The hardest part about the job is helping customers who don't know what they are looking for.The most enjoyable part is working with people who you know will help you succeed.
Decent placement for co-op students
Co-operative Education Student/ Hardware Clerk (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 10, 2015
Pros: Co-workers are supportive, Online training sessions are a bonus
Cons: Outdated training sessions, Unorganized managers
I was a hardware clerk for 3 months at Rona Inc.
In the mornings it was a nice quiet place, stocking shelves for the most part was one of my only responsibilities. When entering the building, I would begin with online training sessions. These sessions were useful, but in some cases outdated. A decent amount of time would be spent on items that we didn't even have in store anymore for some sessions. My 3 co-workers in the department were very easy going with me and taught me a lot about the codes for each item. In the first bit I wasn't very good with customers, but eventually I got the hang of it thanks to some tips by one of my co-workers. What I didn't like was on some days I would be the only one in my department, not knowing what to do. Management was very nice to the employees (at least I thought so), but sometimes a little unorganized.
Its a great place to work
Lumber (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 26, 2015
Pros: nice people
Rona was a great experience because I learn many things in there and also every time I went there I felt great because I loved working.
Disorganization is an understatement
Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCMarch 24, 2015
They are shoveling money out the door. Not interested in equipping their employees with the tools they need to perform yet expecting that they over perform.
allways pushing us to work hard, lots of fun
yard staff (Current Employee), Sherwood Park, ABMarch 23, 2015
I have been working at Rona for the past year, in that time I have taken an operators course and received my fork lift licence. I have a lot of operating experience with counter-balance and narrow isle fork lifts.
decent workplace
Yard attendant/ delivery driver (Former Employee), Labrador City, NLMarch 11, 2015
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: sometimes longer hours than expected
typical day arrive at the warehouse get order slips, load the cube truck and deliver. great team to work with supervisor was good to work for.

1 2 3 4 5

About RONA

Rona Inc. is a Canadian distributor and retailer hardware, home improvement and gardening products. Rona was founded in 1939.