RONA Employee Reviews in Canada

Intersting and very over wheming
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJune 17, 2016
Typical day involves, managing staff breaks and lunches, money handling of loans, skims, customer relations. I also work in the financing department (credit wave) processing payments and online orders. I count and verify staff work tills and safe. Everyday I am able to gain knowledge on multiple things ranging from management to customers. I recently learned how to create blue prints for decks and process special orders for contractors. The hardest part of my job is being under staffed and having to tackle the endless lines, but it then turns out to be enjoyable because I get numerous compliments on how well I handle my job being under so much stress.
Pros
gaining experience in multiple department
Cons
short staff
its a job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, ABMay 5, 2016
a typical day at Rona, its busy, we greet customers, we ring them through, we make pop corn, we cash in/out. I personally have learned how to multitask more then I have ever had to before. Management for the most part is great lately not so much. The co-workers of Rona are great to get along with for the most part. The hardest part of the job is training the new cashiers. The most enjoyable part of the day is learning about all the projects that the customers are coming in to get product for.
Pros
shift work, free popcorn
Cons
dont always get along with everyone
Good People, Bad management.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 8, 2016
Rona was a good place to be because of the people who worked there but it was poorly managed. I usually worked 9-5:30 five days a week. When I would come into work, I would take over the cashier and she would go and work in the vault. At around 11-11:30 she would come back out and give me my first 15 minute break. Once I came back from my break she would be going home. I was there by myself running the till and returns until 4:30 when the next person would come in. At that point I would usually have to put my lunch break and 15 minute break together. This didn't happen all the time but it happened enough. They hired more and more people to work evenings and weekends and not enough to work days.
Pros
Loved the people I did work with
Cons
Not enough daytime employees
lack of positive manager's support
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABApril 17, 2016
I have struggled with the huge lack of communication, positive feedback and management team support despite of bringing this issues to be addressed several times at regular managers meetings!
Pros
I love working in retail interacting with customers
Cons
the crazy schedules
Wasn't Bad
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ONApril 26, 2016
Working at Rona was excellent had a good time and the co-workers were nice and accepting had no major problems with anyone there the job was fair and they laid down fair rules and expectations
Pros
excellent co-workers, cool managers easy to balance to work and social life
Cons
bad flyers
Busy workplace
Customer Service Personnel (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 4, 2016
Its is busy most days, busiest during spring and summer. The staff are nice. The hardest part about working at RONA was being the only C.A.P on shift and its a really busy day and you cant get all the work you need to get done on time.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Really busy
Great people but.......
Contractor sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMarch 7, 2016
Great place to work. Senior level management was great to work with. Company didn't have a clear direction and always changing direction every six months.
Pros
Work / home life balance
Cons
Head office decision makers never came to the ground level prior to making executive decisions
Very interesting job with satisfaction
Install Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONFebruary 14, 2016
Was able to interact with interesting customers, helped them with projects from start to finish.
The ability to have freedom to design a top notch project fir customer
Pros
Ability to explore creativity of designs for customers
Cons
Very demanding but rewarding in the end
Very good work place
Advisor / Sales Person (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBApril 11, 2016
I had a good experience. Managers and co-workers are very friendly, they help and support each other. I have learned a lot about Canadian workplace and customer service. I am very happy that I worked there.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
not enough hours
Rona Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 5, 2016
Working at Rona was very enjoyable. Very nice staff and management. Always learning new things with all the customers that ive served. Improved my social and communication skills. Hardest part of the job was keeping track of where everything is in the store. I mostly enjoyed being able to not only work indoors but outdoors as well.
Pros
Always moving
Cons
Repetitive
Customer Service Rep
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Waterdown, ONMay 18, 2016
The company was very organized and schedules were given out two weeks in advance which I enjoyed. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with schedule changes and getting calls the day of asking to come into work.
Productive and learning experience
General worker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 4, 2016
Worked all departments as it was a small store. I enjoyed helping customers and working cash. Had to stock shelves and change tags daily. Physically demanding working lumber yard. Overall good, hard working job.
Productive and fun environment, amazing place to work
Cash/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABMarch 25, 2016
A typical day at work would consist of mostly customer service. I learned a lot about home renovations and dealing with customers needs. My coworkers were great, like family!
Fun Place to work
Logistics Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCFebruary 3, 2016
The location I worked at was fun and laid back. The atmosphere of the people made it special. Co-workers were always smiling. Management was alright even though they didn't know half the work we did.
Pros
Pretty Flexible
Cons
People don't clean up after themselves
Staff member
Garden Centre Labourer (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONMay 18, 2016
Organized stock, heavy lifting, maintaining displays. Stock shelves, clean floors, assist customers. Must be physically fit and able to stand for a long duration of time.
Pros
good hours
Commis (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCFebruary 15, 2016
Nice place to work. Hard to live with the minimum wage salary while doing 35 hours a week. Would've loved to be payed a little more. I think i did alot for the money i had in the bank at the end of the day. Overall great experience for learning.
Rona lifestyle
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Milton, ONJune 15, 2016
Very friendly and helpful co workers and management. Shifts usually are 7-330 and 1130-8. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with everyone and their positive attitude.
nice place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONApril 3, 2016
everybody that worked there was very nice and they made it fun to come to work the most enjoyable part of the job was working with new people and helping customers.
Pros
Nice People
Cons
Short Hours
good place for work experiance
Rona Electrical (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 14, 2016
- Always stuff to do
- Days go by fast
- Management is great
- people are great
- days are easy going not hard
- everyone is kind and nice
- Customer service is good
Rona Home and Garden
Cusotmer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 30, 2016
Rona is a great company with potential for everyone. They supply a friendly environment to look forward to every shift.
Pros
People