RONA Employee Reviews

Great workplace and work envoiornment
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 February 2017
RONA is a good business. Managers and co workers maintain great relationships with another. The overall experience really taught me a lot about customer service, how to work in high stress situations and deadline driven positions. The management team is great with making employees more knowledgeable about products and services RONA offers. Hardest part about the job is dealing with unsatisfied customers but I have learned to always mediate and compromise to make sure that the customer has a good experience in dealing with the business.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
No benefits, Low salary
good
Lumber Yard Worker (Current Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON15 February 2017
I liked working with this company. very relaxed work environment, and also very welcoming. in all I had a good experience there and I continue to shop there to this day.
A lot of different manual work to do
Commis département (Former Employee) –  Verdun, QC14 February 2017
I love this workplace because of the manual work that came with it. Doing the reception of stock, placing it, making recipe of paint color and doing some wood work for client.
Cons
Not much client
Not a place to grow
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 February 2017
Lots of turn over. Management restructuring. Business bought out by Lowes

Inconsistant message from management.

Best employees left the company. Lots of pay cuts and reorganizing. Intrinsic motivators not part of management philosophy
Good co-workers, disorganized management
Yard Worker (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC8 February 2017
It's an OK place to start your working life but leaves little to be desired through advancement. Everyone should work in customer service at least once.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Inconsistent schedule, high productivity requests.
im a hard worker
Yard Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Qu'Appelle, SK7 February 2017
i was an easy job. i most drove a fork lift around all day moving stacks of wood, and occasionally i would get sent on delivery
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON6 February 2017
I write invoices for contractors for their lumber orders. The management team is very friendly and efficient, and the hours are very flexible. The hardest part of the job is when customers are unsatisfied and take it out on the employees. The most enjoyable part is the environment; all the employees are friends and we make it a very fun experience.
Average job
CAP (Customer assistance personnel)/Millworks (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 January 2017
Working at RONA was not anything special, nor a negative experience. The work was boring and not challenging whatsoever, not that it was expected to be. Overall I would probably work there again, just not for too long. It did not seem like the best place to work towards a career.
good
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON16 January 2017
good place to work good people and decent pay with decent hours. light duties and good customers. could use better pay and more communications.
Good Paced Organized Workplace
Yard Laborer (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB15 January 2017
Typical Day would include helping load customer vehicles and keep Lumber Yard Organized. Learnt about lumber and to better communicate with a variety of different customer's. Co-workers I had weren't always the best influence but they got the job done. Management otherwise great ad organized.
Pros
Working outside
Cons
uneven work load sometimes
productive
Vault clerk (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB6 January 2017
Productivity, getting more experience, multiple tasking, good environment, good management, full time job. I am enjoying my job everyday and I learn more and more..
Indoor work or outdoors in the lumberyard.
'Shipper' / 'Load-Picker' (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON5 January 2017
Generally (7.5 - 8hr) shifts. Work in the yard is very physically tasking, particularly when working mid-summer or later toward winter. Constantly on your feet working on tasks, whilst also required to serve customers. Lots of verbal and written communication required. This particular job may present you the opportunity to attain a forklift license, but doesn't change your wage to anything remotely further away from minimum. The work is considered full-time hours, but they don't allow you to make any overtime or receive benefits. This is due to them keeping the old staff as full time, and keeping newer employees just under full-time hours. This is in order to not allow you to receive the benefits from what is legitimately considered 'full time'.

The experience of driving a forklift and working in a lumber yard is my most favorable interests with Rona.
Pros
Being active, working outside, exercise.
Cons
Physically, and sometimes mentally tasking
Great learning experience
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC19 December 2016
Volunteering at Rona was a great learning experience for me. The staff were hard working and very helpful towards customers. hardest part of the job was understanding where things were located in the store.
good for part
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 December 2016
Fun people to work with but not very much pay and weird hours. if the staff made commission would be more of a motivator. Plus weird hours mess up a persons sleep and social schedules.
A business which is on its way to becoming better.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK12 December 2016
It was basically a decent place to work and the staff and management were good people. The job itself not so straight forward and could be tedious at times. All in all I would work there again.
The ability to expand your horrizions
Supply Chain Replenishment Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 December 2016
I was able to move around not only within the store but within the company. I started with being one of the first hires for the Cambridge location. My first function was to aid in building the store, after the walls and roof was in place.
I worked all through Supply Chain, and move locations to do it. Starting in Cambridge, Kitchener, Vaughn, Edmonton, to Calgary. From Shipping and Receiving Clerical positions to Supply Chain Administrator for the Western Head Office. Were I was ordering for 80 stores across Canada. I was even able to help build and renovate 10 stores with being a detailer and preparing the inventory into the system.
I met people from all over, from the east cost to the west. Loved them all, great group of people. The toughest part was relocating but it was well worth the experience.
Unfortunately it came to an end as I returned from Alberta and the company was facing hard times with the recession.
not bad
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB5 December 2016
not bad of a place to work. the people are easy to get along with and are very helpful. a very good place to gain experience if you are moving toward construction.
Great place to work and meet people
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON29 November 2016
Management was always kind, great staff, helpful learning tool in the form of computer course based of departments, and customers always happy that you can help.
a little unorganized
Sales/Yard Associate (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB21 November 2016
in their product system they would change their quick code without notice. finding items in the back was like playing hide and go seek, but the chances off you finding it are slim.
Pros
positive work enviroment
Cons
their systems would be offline or wont work for certian computers
Great company to work for
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 November 2016
Great management who takes care of the staff and is approachable, friendly and respectful co-workers and plenty of opportunities to learn something new everyday,