RONA Employee Review

Needs to grow up and pick up the slack
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB29 August 2013
Working for RONA definitely has its benefits, such as flexible hours and friendly faces, but sadly it has more cons than pros. In-store management does its best to keep everything in order and organised, and it has slowly improved over recent events, but still needs to put more effort into their job. about half the managers push aside the backbone ethics of being a manager and disregard what their job actually is. On occasion, I've had customers ask me how they've managed to stay in the managerial position, where the associates can handle most situations better than they can. Even with internal affairs, there is slight favoritism and judgmental decision making that has subjected certain individuals with unnecessary inconveniences and makes many of my coworkers, both new and veteran, and myself want to quit and never look back.

As most jobs in town have a high turnover rate, there is also a huge lack in training for any new hires for the company. After orientation, they are simply thrown onto the floor and expect the senior associates to train them. There is training available, but its on a single, older computer that people must make time for in order to learn anything of use. Since there is a lack of coverage, its rare to see anyone wiping the dust off the old beast to learn what they should've known before branding the RONA name.

Its sad to see RONA in this state, considering how much potential is being wasted through various outputs. I wish to see RONA get its act together, grow up, and actually shine in this boomtown, the way it should be.
Pros
Flexible hours, occasional staff events, amazing coworkers
Cons
sporadic shifts, unprofessional management, lack of training

Other RONA Employee Reviews

Excellent Company to work for.
OUTSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Waterdown, ON18 February 2018
I look forward going to work. Check to see if orders ready and notify customer's shipments on-route. Management in the store and employees work as a team. Help and solutions are always arranged.
Then I go on the road to see potential new customers. This is, the most enjoyable part of my job, especially taken on new clients.
Pros
I set my own schedule.
Cons
Non Cons based on my position as Outside Sales person.
Not the best
Inventory Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 February 2018
Not a great work environment.

Very low pay for what's expected.

A lot of good people is a positive.

You will have your hours cut during winter hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RONA. Our community is ready to answer.