RONA Employee Reviews in Canada

Good People, Bad management.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 8, 2016
Rona was a good place to be because of the people who worked there but it was poorly managed. I usually worked 9-5:30 five days a week. When I would come into work, I would take over the cashier and she would go and work in the vault. At around 11-11:30 she would come back out and give me my first 15 minute break. Once I came back from my break she would be going home. I was there by myself running the till and returns until 4:30 when the next person would come in. At that point I would usually have to put my lunch break and 15 minute break together. This didn't happen all the time but it happened enough. They hired more and more people to work evenings and weekends and not enough to work days.
Pros
Loved the people I did work with
Cons
Not enough daytime employees
Rona Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 5, 2016
Working at Rona was very enjoyable. Very nice staff and management. Always learning new things with all the customers that ive served. Improved my social and communication skills. Hardest part of the job was keeping track of where everything is in the store. I mostly enjoyed being able to not only work indoors but outdoors as well.
Pros
Always moving
Cons
Repetitive
lack of positive manager's support
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABApril 17, 2016
I have struggled with the huge lack of communication, positive feedback and management team support despite of bringing this issues to be addressed several times at regular managers meetings!
Pros
I love working in retail interacting with customers
Cons
the crazy schedules
Very interesting job with satisfaction
Install Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONFebruary 14, 2016
Was able to interact with interesting customers, helped them with projects from start to finish.
The ability to have freedom to design a top notch project fir customer
Pros
Ability to explore creativity of designs for customers
Cons
Very demanding but rewarding in the end
Great people but.......
Contractor sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMarch 7, 2016
Great place to work. Senior level management was great to work with. Company didn't have a clear direction and always changing direction every six months.
Pros
Work / home life balance
Cons
Head office decision makers never came to the ground level prior to making executive decisions
Busy workplace
Customer Service Personnel (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 4, 2016
Its is busy most days, busiest during spring and summer. The staff are nice. The hardest part about working at RONA was being the only C.A.P on shift and its a really busy day and you cant get all the work you need to get done on time.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Really busy
Wasn't Bad
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ONApril 26, 2016
Working at Rona was excellent had a good time and the co-workers were nice and accepting had no major problems with anyone there the job was fair and they laid down fair rules and expectations
Pros
excellent co-workers, cool managers easy to balance to work and social life
Cons
bad flyers
Very good work place
Advisor / Sales Person (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBApril 11, 2016
I had a good experience. Managers and co-workers are very friendly, they help and support each other. I have learned a lot about Canadian workplace and customer service. I am very happy that I worked there.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
not enough hours
Fun Place to work
Logistics Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCFebruary 3, 2016
The location I worked at was fun and laid back. The atmosphere of the people made it special. Co-workers were always smiling. Management was alright even though they didn't know half the work we did.
Pros
Pretty Flexible
Cons
People don't clean up after themselves
Enjoyable pat of my job
CUSTOMER SERVICE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Waterdown, ONNovember 9, 2015
I Work for Rona for 5yrs. I just got layoff because of slow business.
I wasFrontend supervisor and taking care of 30 staff members.I enjoyed my job, I love my coworkers and my managers.we were the great team. I was taking care of daily paperwork, counting safe, taking care of credit applications ,taking care of schedule, ordering stuff for daily needs.
Productive and learning experience
General worker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 4, 2016
Worked all departments as it was a small store. I enjoyed helping customers and working cash. Had to stock shelves and change tags daily. Physically demanding working lumber yard. Overall good, hard working job.
Productive and fun environment, amazing place to work
Cash/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABMarch 25, 2016
A typical day at work would consist of mostly customer service. I learned a lot about home renovations and dealing with customers needs. My coworkers were great, like family!
Commis (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCFebruary 15, 2016
Nice place to work. Hard to live with the minimum wage salary while doing 35 hours a week. Would've loved to be payed a little more. I think i did alot for the money i had in the bank at the end of the day. Overall great experience for learning.
Its a great team work
MH Picker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 30, 2015
There are always something to do. Safety is considerate as a priority and people work with confidence. A solidary team work makes great companies and Rona never was an exception. Management focus in its workers and secondly in productivity, is a worker is happy the productivity is a piece of cake.
Pros
Good work team
Cons
Salary is one factor
great store to work at
office administrator (Former Employee) –  miton ontJanuary 19, 2016
was a busy job and long hours but I love my job and my co workers my job consists of cashier counting and balancing the tills purchasing for the store calling vendors shipping and receiving payroll paying the bills
Most enjoyable part of my job
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER /OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABOctober 1, 2015
I enjoyed my time with the staff and Management team. There are a lot of learning curves for a new team to over come and time will help this. The work environment was enjoyable. The staff can make your day for sure.
Pros
alot of staff building programs . Monthly events for the staff
Cons
micro managment by store leader..No hands on with the managment team
Retail environment. Assist customer in order to achieve maximum customer service. Friendly employment environment and very fast paced.
Head Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 17, 2015
The company is very easy going. The management team are very helpful and approachable. Having to help customers and seeing a smile on their faces is the high light of our day.
nice place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONApril 3, 2016
everybody that worked there was very nice and they made it fun to come to work the most enjoyable part of the job was working with new people and helping customers.
Pros
Nice People
Cons
Short Hours
awfull management
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BCFebruary 29, 2016
when I was there safety was there least concern we never got our deserved overtime any concerns we brought up they would just tell you to go back to work
Pros
N/A
Cons
management
just a boring work enviroment
Yard worker (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCJanuary 5, 2016
it was along time ago so i barely remeber, but working for rona wasnt very interesting, no incentives were given to work hard or possibly advance , isnt a place id reccomend.
Pros
nothing
Cons
boring job