RONA Employee Reviews in Canada

Fun place to work at!
Responsable de la cour à bois (Former Employee) –  Magog, QCJune 25, 2016
I would wake up, talk to my supervisor to see what I have to do, I would do it with great co-workers and staff and leave with a smile on my face
Intersting and very over wheming
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJune 17, 2016
Typical day involves, managing staff breaks and lunches, money handling of loans, skims, customer relations. I also work in the financing department (credit wave) processing payments and online orders. I count and verify staff work tills and safe. Everyday I am able to gain knowledge on multiple things ranging from management to customers. I recently learned how to create blue prints for decks and process special orders for contractors. The hardest part of my job is being under staffed and having to tackle the endless lines, but it then turns out to be enjoyable because I get numerous compliments on how well I handle my job being under so much stress.
Pros
gaining experience in multiple department
Cons
short staff
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABJune 15, 2016
Fun easy going work place, very friendly staff, flexible hours, always something to work on, my favorite part was meeting new people everyday.
Rona lifestyle
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Milton, ONJune 15, 2016
Very friendly and helpful co workers and management. Shifts usually are 7-330 and 1130-8. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with everyone and their positive attitude.
Rona Home and Garden
Cusotmer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 30, 2016
Rona is a great company with potential for everyone. They supply a friendly environment to look forward to every shift.
Pros
People
Staff member
Garden Centre Labourer (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONMay 18, 2016
Organized stock, heavy lifting, maintaining displays. Stock shelves, clean floors, assist customers. Must be physically fit and able to stand for a long duration of time.
Pros
good hours
Customer Service Rep
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Waterdown, ONMay 18, 2016
The company was very organized and schedules were given out two weeks in advance which I enjoyed. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with schedule changes and getting calls the day of asking to come into work.
good place for work experiance
Rona Electrical (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 14, 2016
- Always stuff to do
- Days go by fast
- Management is great
- people are great
- days are easy going not hard
- everyone is kind and nice
- Customer service is good
Another fine job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 13, 2016
I didn't get anything from this job.

It was solely to pay the bills between jobs.

The people were decent and it was pretty fun.
its a job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, ABMay 5, 2016
a typical day at Rona, its busy, we greet customers, we ring them through, we make pop corn, we cash in/out. I personally have learned how to multitask more then I have ever had to before. Management for the most part is great lately not so much. The co-workers of Rona are great to get along with for the most part. The hardest part of the job is training the new cashiers. The most enjoyable part of the day is learning about all the projects that the customers are coming in to get product for.
Pros
shift work, free popcorn
Cons
dont always get along with everyone
nice place to work
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Regina, SKMay 4, 2016
This is a nice place to work, However not well managed lately. Busy always. some folks are really knowledgeable. Not having enough staff some times is challenge.
Wasn't Bad
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ONApril 26, 2016
Working at Rona was excellent had a good time and the co-workers were nice and accepting had no major problems with anyone there the job was fair and they laid down fair rules and expectations
Pros
excellent co-workers, cool managers easy to balance to work and social life
Cons
bad flyers
lack of positive manager's support
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABApril 17, 2016
I have struggled with the huge lack of communication, positive feedback and management team support despite of bringing this issues to be addressed several times at regular managers meetings!
Pros
I love working in retail interacting with customers
Cons
the crazy schedules
Very good work place
Advisor / Sales Person (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBApril 11, 2016
I had a good experience. Managers and co-workers are very friendly, they help and support each other. I have learned a lot about Canadian workplace and customer service. I am very happy that I worked there.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
not enough hours
Productive and learning experience
General worker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 4, 2016
Worked all departments as it was a small store. I enjoyed helping customers and working cash. Had to stock shelves and change tags daily. Physically demanding working lumber yard. Overall good, hard working job.
Busy workplace
Customer Service Personnel (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 4, 2016
Its is busy most days, busiest during spring and summer. The staff are nice. The hardest part about working at RONA was being the only C.A.P on shift and its a really busy day and you cant get all the work you need to get done on time.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Really busy
nice place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONApril 3, 2016
everybody that worked there was very nice and they made it fun to come to work the most enjoyable part of the job was working with new people and helping customers.
Pros
Nice People
Cons
Short Hours
Productive and fun environment, amazing place to work
Cash/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABMarch 25, 2016
A typical day at work would consist of mostly customer service. I learned a lot about home renovations and dealing with customers needs. My coworkers were great, like family!
Forklift operator/ maintenance (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 21, 2016
great place to work. everyone is friendly and willing to lend a helping hand when needed. co-workers are all great people.
Good People, Bad management.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 8, 2016
Rona was a good place to be because of the people who worked there but it was poorly managed. I usually worked 9-5:30 five days a week. When I would come into work, I would take over the cashier and she would go and work in the vault. At around 11-11:30 she would come back out and give me my first 15 minute break. Once I came back from my break she would be going home. I was there by myself running the till and returns until 4:30 when the next person would come in. At that point I would usually have to put my lunch break and 15 minute break together. This didn't happen all the time but it happened enough. They hired more and more people to work evenings and weekends and not enough to work days.
Pros
Loved the people I did work with
Cons
Not enough daytime employees