RONA Employee Reviews

Morale low unhappy employees
Staff Member (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 23, 2016
Tougher management that can make up their own minds without constant approval from upper management would help. They need to be tougher with workers that do not pull their weight! Need staff that are willing to work not talk with each other all the time or spend time on their cell phones. Customer service should be number one in their minds, not what they are doing Friday night etc.! Get managers in that know how to control staff and work with staff to become a better store!
Pros
Some great staff
Cons
Some staff that don't care and just want a paycheck/need tougher management that can control staff
okay work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 15, 2016
was slow during winter, employees were very co-operative. not very sympathetic during emergencies that include missing work.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
unsympathetic
Verly close knit group of employees
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCSeptember 4, 2016
Usually work 6-8 hour days part time while I was going to school. Was boring at times when the store was dead but I always managed to find something to do with my time. Cleaning, orgnizing of restocking shelves.
Pros
Loved the environment
Cons
Physically draining
Great management, poor morale
Plumbing Team Member (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONSeptember 4, 2016
Everybody was always hard at work, even the managers. they didn't have to come down and help their employees move and set up displays, but they did anyway, unfortunately despite this, employee morale was somewhat low, I have overheard employees speak about how much they did not enjoy working there.
Sales Representative, Co-op Placement (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 25, 2016
I got a few work experience working here as a sales associate, and also helping customers load various materials into their cars. Got to learn different and various materials in different compartments in the store. This is mostly in wood field of the store. I would say overall experience was good.
Pros
Gaining work skills
Cons
Long hours, no pay
Good company
Merchandising Associate (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKAugust 12, 2016
Great group of people at every rona i have worked with. many socail events (BBQ's, Christmas parties). Tries to focus on team building. not all manager are great, but most are.
Pros
social atmosphere
Cons
long store hours
Fun workplace
Yardman (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBAugust 10, 2016
Boring. Just go with the flow. Unorganized management. Do by yourself. Good people around. Helping more customer in other department. Home time is always a good one.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Short Hours for part time
Do not waste your time.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABAugust 9, 2016
Awful place to work. Very cheap company, benefits are awful, you are better off to get them yourself. No job security, poorly managed company and no growth opportunity. I would never recommend working for them.
Pros
Customers were great.
Cons
No job security.
Great store staff while Senior Management team need is out of touch with the daily running of the store's
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONAugust 8, 2016
My experience at the Peterborough Rona is that you will not find a more dedicated store staff anywhere and their customer service skills are excellent, but in my experience with the senior management team for this area they are all about the final number's and have lost touch with the customer service part of the business.
Pros
Great Dedicated Store Staff
Cons
Area Senior Management Team
Awesome group of coworkers
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 5, 2016
Rona was the best job i have ever had. The staff there were incredibly kind, easygoing people. The management was great, as they always helped out when needed.
Pros
Cons
Not great pay
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJuly 25, 2016
Typical day at work is quite exciting, meeting new clients is always fun and interesting. Day by day I learn about the different products/items we carry.
Cashier position
Cashier, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BCJuly 23, 2016
I ran customers through the till, was able to open and close the store, which means I was counting cash trays for the float and getting change for tills through the day. I did the returns counter and customer service. I handled money and ran the debit machine. Customer service large part of the position.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
not enough hours
Good workplace
Lumber Yard Worker (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, ABJuly 21, 2016
worked the job for 2 years and couldn't complain full time in the summers and weekends and nights during school, good people to work with things would get done on time everyday.nothing to hard about enjoyed this job but school was out and looking for a long term job now.
Pros
hours that fit my schooling
Cons
just a temporary job until out of school.
fun team
Team Member (Former Employee) –  London, ONJuly 15, 2016
worst place to work
- low paying job
- no benefits
- between 40 to 50 year old low life co worker on night shift team tries to be a manager all the time
Pros
great team
Cons
no benefits or proper pay
A fun and healthy work environment
Seasonal Worker and Paint Department Worker. (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJuly 13, 2016
I've worked at Rona for a few years now and I've grown to enjoy and appreciate the positive environment. The staff treat each other professionally, yet they feel like family.
Pros
I love working with the Rona team
Cons
Minimum Wage
Great people, but not ideal
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 4, 2016
The managers were great but since Rona has mostly summer stuff, the place was empty in the winter. They did a lot of group things and if we needed help the employees were super understanding.
Pros
quick to learn
Overall experience
paint sales (Former Employee) –  rexdaleJune 28, 2016
It was a great place to work for those who love diy, power tools, construction materials.

The staff were great at helping me find the Rona routine.
Fun place to work at!
Responsable de la cour à bois (Former Employee) –  Magog, QCJune 25, 2016
I would wake up, talk to my supervisor to see what I have to do, I would do it with great co-workers and staff and leave with a smile on my face
Intersting and very over wheming
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJune 17, 2016
Typical day involves, managing staff breaks and lunches, money handling of loans, skims, customer relations. I also work in the financing department (credit wave) processing payments and online orders. I count and verify staff work tills and safe. Everyday I am able to gain knowledge on multiple things ranging from management to customers. I recently learned how to create blue prints for decks and process special orders for contractors. The hardest part of my job is being under staffed and having to tackle the endless lines, but it then turns out to be enjoyable because I get numerous compliments on how well I handle my job being under so much stress.
Pros
gaining experience in multiple department
Cons
short staff
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABJune 15, 2016
Fun easy going work place, very friendly staff, flexible hours, always something to work on, my favorite part was meeting new people everyday.