RONA Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Wasn't Bad
Cashier (Former Employee), Trenton, ONApril 26, 2016
Pros: excellent co-workers, cool managers easy to balance to work and social life
Cons: bad flyers
Working at Rona was excellent had a good time and the co-workers were nice and accepting had no major problems with anyone there the job was fair and they laid down fair rules and expectations
Very good work place
Advisor / Sales Person (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBApril 11, 2016
Pros: Flexible schedule
Cons: not enough hours
I had a good experience. Managers and co-workers are very friendly, they help and support each other. I have learned a lot about Canadian workplace and customer service. I am very happy that I worked there.
Productive and learning experience
General worker (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 4, 2016
Worked all departments as it was a small store. I enjoyed helping customers and working cash. Had to stock shelves and change tags daily. Physically demanding working lumber yard. Overall good, hard working job.
Busy workplace
Customer Service Personnel (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 4, 2016
Pros: Employee discount
Cons: Really busy
Its is busy most days, busiest during spring and summer. The staff are nice. The hardest part about working at RONA was being the only C.A.P on shift and its a really busy day and you cant get all the work you need to get done on time.
nice place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Welland, ONApril 3, 2016
Pros: Nice People
Cons: Short Hours
everybody that worked there was very nice and they made it fun to come to work the most enjoyable part of the job was working with new people and helping customers.
Productive and fun environment, amazing place to work
Cash/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Medicine Hat, ABMarch 25, 2016
A typical day at work would consist of mostly customer service. I learned a lot about home renovations and dealing with customers needs. My coworkers were great, like family!
Forklift operator/ maintenance (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 21, 2016
great place to work. everyone is friendly and willing to lend a helping hand when needed. co-workers are all great people.
Good People, Bad management.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 8, 2016
Pros: Loved the people I did work with
Cons: Not enough daytime employees
Rona was a good place to be because of the people who worked there but it was poorly managed. I usually worked 9-5:30 five days a week. When I would come into work, I would take over the cashier and she would go and work in the vault. At around 11-11:30 she would come back out and give me my first 15 minute break. Once I came back from my break she would be going home. I was there by myself running the till and returns until 4:30 when the next person would come in. At that point I would usually have to put my lunch break and 15 minute break together. This didn't happen all the time but it happened enough. They hired more and more people to work evenings and weekends and not enough to work days.
Great people but.......
Contractor sales Manager (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMarch 7, 2016
Pros: Work / home life balance
Cons: Head office decision makers never came to the ground level prior to making executive decisions
Great place to work. Senior level management was great to work with. Company didn't have a clear direction and always changing direction every six months.
love my job
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Nepean, ONMarch 4, 2016
I love interacting with the contractors everyday. They make my job worth going to everyday. My manager is always in a good mood.
awfull management
General Labourer (Former Employee), Prince George, BCFebruary 29, 2016
Pros: N/A
Cons: management
when I was there safety was there least concern we never got our deserved overtime any concerns we brought up they would just tell you to go back to work
Commis (Former Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 15, 2016
Nice place to work. Hard to live with the minimum wage salary while doing 35 hours a week. Would've loved to be payed a little more. I think i did alot for the money i had in the bank at the end of the day. Overall great experience for learning.
Very interesting job with satisfaction
Install Coordinator (Former Employee), Oakville, ONFebruary 14, 2016
Pros: Ability to explore creativity of designs for customers
Cons: Very demanding but rewarding in the end
Was able to interact with interesting customers, helped them with projects from start to finish.
The ability to have freedom to design a top notch project fir customer
Fun Place to work
Logistics Supervisor (Former Employee), Surrey, BCFebruary 3, 2016
Pros: Pretty Flexible
Cons: People don't clean up after themselves
The location I worked at was fun and laid back. The atmosphere of the people made it special. Co-workers were always smiling. Management was alright even though they didn't know half the work we did.
great store to work at
office administrator (Former Employee), miton ontJanuary 19, 2016
was a busy job and long hours but I love my job and my co workers my job consists of cashier counting and balancing the tills purchasing for the store calling vendors shipping and receiving payroll paying the bills
Great place to work for school students.
FRONT-END MANAGER (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABJanuary 7, 2016
I started working at rona when I was still in school, now that I am out of school, I need a change. Rona was great to me, but the atmosphere isnt the greatest.
Head cashier, vault associate (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 5, 2016
worked weekends to account for being in school. They are very good at making compromises and allowing for time off when needed.
just a boring work enviroment
Yard worker (Former Employee), Surrey, BCJanuary 5, 2016
Pros: nothing
Cons: boring job
it was along time ago so i barely remeber, but working for rona wasnt very interesting, no incentives were given to work hard or possibly advance , isnt a place id reccomend.
Rona Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 5, 2016
Pros: Always moving
Cons: Repetitive
Working at Rona was very enjoyable. Very nice staff and management. Always learning new things with all the customers that ive served. Improved my social and communication skills. Hardest part of the job was keeping track of where everything is in the store. I mostly enjoyed being able to not only work indoors but outdoors as well.
productive and challenging
Crane truck driver (Former Employee), Cranbrook, BCDecember 1, 2015
everyday was something new and challenging to learn and do.I obtained great experience and satisfication.all the people worked really well together providing a great work inviroment to be around..