Rolls-Royce

Rolls-Royce Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Workterm
Engineering Technician Student (Former Employee), St. John's, NLOctober 20, 2014
As stated in previous Rolls-Royce section, great environment to work in, and this is definitely the field of choice for my future career.
motivated place to work
Compensation & Benefits Administrator (Former Employee), Dorval, QCOctober 14, 2014
Gianed knowledge and experience.

Lot of challenges

My job has been transferred to USA
Great Opportunities
Junior Mechanical Technologist (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSJuly 1, 2014
A place to develop every skill with in the Engineering field
Great working environment with a magnificent culture
Axial Turbine Blade Aeroelasticity Analyst (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJune 23, 2014
Rolls Royce Ltd. is a great place to start your career. I worked for a year at Rolls-Royce Energy for a year and I could definitely state that I was treated and respected equally as a permanent full time employee. They care about developing your skills and treat the people respectfully.
process excellence environment
Resourcing Specialist for U.S and Canada (Current Employee), MontrealMarch 11, 2014
Pros: able to work from home
Cons: unable to think out of the box
There is no room for advancement and being the only employee for the Montreal location makes it challenging
It was a great experience
Intern in the R&D (Current Employee), Montréal, QCSeptember 6, 2013
I have learned a lot in Rolls-Royce, its a huge firm , well organised with an enjoyable ambiance.
great place to work
Shop technician (workterm student) (Former Employee), St. John's, NLAugust 16, 2013
It was a great atmosphere to work in with great staff. A typical day would consist of working on overhauling cylinder heads, or winches, or any marine equipment, I learned a great amount about a large variety of marine equipment. The management and staff were fantastic! the hardest part of the job would be troubleshooting and problem solving for some issues while overhauling the equipment, but at the same time that was also the most enjoyable part.
A good employer
Field Service Representative (Former Employee), MontrealJuly 24, 2013
In my career of 35 years their influence was the most positive...although I had to put some distance between us to realize it.
At Times the the policies were difficult to understand
Commodity Leader (Former Employee), Lachine, QCFebruary 19, 2013
The job was exteremely ineteresting and challenging. The only draw back were thir hiring policies. Members of the corporate office were given first chances at relocating to Montreal for the positions.
Got laid-off...
Aviation Mechanic class "A" (Former Employee), Lachine, QCNovember 9, 2012
Worked on all accessories from all engine lines.
In the over-haul, repair, test and calibration of the unites.
Helped in the training of other mechanics in my department.
Great Company to work for
Facility and Performance Specialist/ Engine Owner (Former Employee), Lachine, Quebec, CanadaJune 9, 2012
Pros: great place to work and learn
Cons: some bosses were a bit tough, it did not bother me at all.
It is a most desirable and likable work environment I have ever worked for. The company is a very wonderful , organized, dedicated and a great place for work environment. I was there for over 9 years and I enjoyed everyday of working with engine test and maintaining test facilitites was just superb. The peple I worked for and the people who worked for me were just superb and very nice to work with those guys.
Fun place to work
MRPc (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 25, 2015
Fun fast work environment with great co-workers. The hardest part of the job is learning the company structure and processes.
Cummins is a proven leader in industry and the community
Project Engineer - T56 Engine (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: company has strong leadership, is a market leader, with expanding portfolio. personal and career development both greatly supported.
Cons: customers are often competitors as well making for complicated partnerships.
Typical day can start with a supplier call to discuss potential design, meetings with component and service engineer to understand failure mode, and a chat with subject matter expert to develop validation plan. Management provides the guidance for success and for growth. Co-workers are a constant source of useful information and water-cooler chit chat. The hardest part of the day may be trying to coordinate the implementation of new product from overseas supplier to multiple plants. The most enjoyable part of the day is lunch with team-member at our favorite local eatery.
Flexible
Configuration Engineering Specialist (Current Employee), Mount Vernon, OHJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: competitive pay
Cons: to many bosses
Flexible with work schedule for family and emergencies, good benefits.
Fun Workplace
Voluntary Worker (Former Employee), East Kilbride, SCTJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: getting experience
Cons: having to leave
The week i spent at Rolls Royce was once of the best experiences i have ever had, being able to work in such a top companys shop floor was just out of this world i loved every second of my voluntary work, everyone at rolls royce made me feel so welcome, the hardest part of the job was having to say goodbye to everyone when my placement came to an end.
production&lead person,train the trainer, work team lead,
Technician -3 (Current Employee), Seletar, S00January 13, 2015
• Responsible for the day to day control of cell output and operation
• Ensure that the tooling and machines associated with the cell operations supports product and business requirements (quality, costs and delivery).
• Lead and support, when applicable, projects to improve and develop the method of manufacture of components through Kaizen and Lean Six Sigma projects.
• Support the resolution of quality issues with ME and QA
• Maintain the technical package for all process operations carried out within the cell
• Develop the technical skills of the team to ensure business continuity in-terms of multiple skill trained for all operations
great place to work.
Special Process Heat Treat Inspector (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: relaxed place to work
Cons: lay offs
I was layed off but is a great job. I loved the job. its great to have a good paying gig. i can only hope that the management can bring people back because of outsourcing. my co workers were great and helped alot.
Great experience of a workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), DerbyJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: car parking
As I'm an administrator I mostly deal with updating databases, ensuring they work more efficiently or are able to provide a solution faster. The more I use spreadsheets for the databases the more my ICT skills are developing and I'm able to use more complex features, such as using codes. It's also a great experience for handling large workloads and then aiding the co-workers which are higher up in the corporation, you then adapt to their skills and their needs from data.
The hardest part of the job is collecting all the information from colleagues as there are so many people within the workplace, all carrying out specific workloads, so chasing down becomes a longer job than necessary. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I've learnt a new skills, that can make the spreadsheet I've created appear more professional, which I then get praised for.
Large ship with small keel not allowing creative thinking manuevering
Manager, Defense Aftermarket (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INDecember 31, 2014
Pros: a push for collaboration by physical environment is evident
Cons: coordination between functions -
Overall this company is a solid blue chip company. However, management layers prevent quick decisions on small projects. Strategies are dictated, not collaborative in nature and employees have little empowerment to make change. Another stifling element is the amount of meetings for the individual contributor. Takes away from their day to day tasks. Enjoyed the technical elements of the job and the customer service organization is top of their class for an aerospace company.
Role Overview

• Supply Chain/Value Stream Mapping
• Programme Management of Cost reduction workstreams
• Planning & Control Risk lead
• Engine Development Programme hardware delivery

Challenging role, managing multiple tasks concurrently with cross-functional working essential. Regularly interface with Programme Management, Purchasing, Engineering, Supply Chain and Customer (Boeing).

1 2 3 4 5

About Rolls-Royce

Rolls-Royce plc is a global company providing power on land, sea, and air. The company has established leading positions in civil – Read more