Rolls-Royce

Rolls-Royce Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great working environment with a magnificent culture
Axial Turbine Blade Aeroelasticity Analyst (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJune 23, 2014
Rolls Royce Ltd. is a great place to start your career. I worked for a year at Rolls-Royce Energy for a year and I could definitely state that I was treated and respected equally as a permanent full time employee. They care about developing your skills and treat the people respectfully.
great place to work
Shop technician (workterm student) (Former Employee), St. John's, NLAugust 16, 2013
It was a great atmosphere to work in with great staff. A typical day would consist of working on overhauling cylinder heads, or winches, or any marine equipment, I learned a great amount about a large variety of marine equipment. The management and staff were fantastic! the hardest part of the job would be troubleshooting and problem solving for some – more... issues while overhauling the equipment, but at the same time that was also the most enjoyable part. – less
productive and fun working place
inspector (Former Employee), lachine quebecAugust 1, 2013
Pros: good pension
Cons: shift work
Recognized for its expertise in engineering and repair and overhaul in the Aerospace and Energy businesses.

How important it is to change with the times to grow

Management they walk the talk great support

Co-workers some still need to grow up but in general they are good team players

Health & Safety prevention human facture

Helping and training – more... others – less
A good employer
Field Service Representative (Former Employee), MontrealJuly 24, 2013
In my career of 35 years their influence was the most positive...although I had to put some distance between us to realize it.
Process Engineer
Process Engineer (Permanent) (Former Employee), Manchester, United KingdomJune 2, 2013
Pros: development in other discplines
Cons: less development potential
Rolls Royce Civil Nuclear are aligned to the nuclear new build market for both the UK & Europe, in which they intend to provide primary island componants & in-service support.
The work i have undertaken is vared, summised below:
1. Tender for the provision of Vessels, CRDM, Heat Exchangers, Reactor Internals etc.
2. Develop quality processes, standards – more... and templates
3. Created sub-system models for the next gen submarines
4. Assessing business opportunites within the commissioning market – less
At Times the the policies were difficult to understand
Commodity Leader (Former Employee), Lachine, QCFebruary 19, 2013
The job was exteremely ineteresting and challenging. The only draw back were thir hiring policies. Members of the corporate office were given first chances at relocating to Montreal for the positions.
Got laid-off...
Aviation Mechanic class "A" (Former Employee), Lachine, QCNovember 9, 2012
Worked on all accessories from all engine lines.
In the over-haul, repair, test and calibration of the unites.
Helped in the training of other mechanics in my department.
Excellent Career opportunity
Controls Program Manager, Helicopters Divison (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 30, 2014
cutting edge technology development
interaction with numerous internal and external customers
Great engineering company focused on employees and employee growth
Professional Excellence Engineer (Current Employee), Mount Vernon, OHJuly 20, 2014
Pros: great development program, complete a lot of training (yellow belt etc.)
Cons: short projects that i wasn't able to be involved in from start to finish.
While working at Rolls-Royce, I gained insight into how an elite engineering company operates. I learned how to work within a team and how communication, even when my ideas differ with a co-worker's, is vital to a project succeeding. During my time as an engineer, my technical skills were challenged frequently and due to my rotational role, I had to – more... learn on the fly. The hardest part of my job was working on 3 month projects and then moving roles due to the nature of the rotational program. Although I did complete my personal objectives, I wasn't able to see the projects I was involved with from start to finish. The most enjoyable part of my job was working on projects with little to no prior experience and being given responsibility to complete the tasks at my own discretion. I thoroughly enjoyed the projects I worked on and know that the experience I gained by learning on the fly is something that will aid my in my future career. – less
Nice Environment
Destop Build Specialist (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 30, 2014
Very nice people, Co-workers are always willing to put their work down to help others. Good management.
PEACEFULL ATMOSPHIER & BEAUTIFUL PLACE
Engineer (Former Employee), NEW YORKJune 28, 2014
Pros: free food, vehicle, accomadation etc.
Cons: pray zone, short brake
This is my first experience... i hope it will be Good than my expectation .
Poor management and poor overall contentment of staff
Clerical work (Former Employee), derbyJune 17, 2014
Pros: near to where i live and good cycling facilities
Cons: long hours and poor management
The job was very varied and there was no consistency - criticism was the main part of the day and it was rare that anyone was praised for hard work
Rolls royce strives to deliver excellence
Repair Engineer (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAJune 15, 2014
Pros: committed to deliver quality
Cons: long hours
A leading global company in Aeroengine, power generation and nuclear energy.
Rolls Royce was Great
Maintenance Concierge (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 10, 2014
It was a great place to work with great benefits, pay and atmosphere.
Extremely Intellengent and fun people to work with for progress.
Supplier Quality Engineer (Contract) (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 9, 2014
Pros: great place to work with great professionals
Cons: incoming employee training was very lacking.
The people that I worked with, interacted with and depended on were extremely professional (some not always with a sense of humor) and were dependable.

I was a contractor and had no reviews of my meeting goals (I set them myself and was told by my boss that, if I was not doing a good job, I would know it. I felt trusted and did not know that as a contractor, – more... I was not to receive the reviews that full time people received.

It was good to work on multiple teams that included (12 other people for teams of 4) with Strategic Buyer, Mfg. Engineer and a Materials/logistic person and ME (Supplier Quality Engineer). – less
Routine job and no career progress
NDT Inspector (Current Employee), Singapore, SeletarMay 29, 2014
Pros: medical benefits
Cons: no career progress
Daily inspection and interpretation of Wide Chord Fan blade.
Strong, stable Aerospace company well positioned for the future
Supply Chain Purchasing Manager (Current Employee), Indianana, IndianapolisMay 29, 2014
Very challenging and dynamic industry, of which clearly Rolls-Royce is a market leader. Extremely robust supply chain, with an immense wealth of talent.
Production Planner/Scheduler (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 15, 2014
Good place to work. Alot of stuff to do. Great managment. Alot of good co-workers.
Rolls Royce Review
Process Worker (Former Employee), Inchinnan, SCTMay 11, 2014
Pros: salary
Excellent job I enjoyed my time there only problem is the job was on a temporary contract. Good wages even for a contractor. I had a good relationship with the people I worked with and the Production Leaders.
very intresting place
LGV Driver (Former Employee), derbyApril 8, 2014
all staff helpfull & freindly . amazing place to have had privalige to have worked at would deffinatley work for these again

1 2 3 4 5

About Rolls-Royce

Rolls-Royce plc is a global company providing power on land, sea, and air. The company has established leading positions in civil – Read more