Roll Form Group in Cambridge is currently recruiting a Process Engineering Technician. If you possess the proper skills and qualifications please apply.
Job Description: Operate, test, maintain, or calibrate unmanned, automated, servo-mechanical, or electromechanical equipment. May assist engineers in testing and designing equipment.
Inspect parts for surface defects.
Read blueprints, schematics, diagrams, or technical orders to determine methods and sequences of assembly.
Verify part dimensions or clearances to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments.
Test performance of electromechanical assemblies, using test instruments such as oscilloscopes, electronic voltmeters, or bridges.
Analyze and record test results, and prepare written testing documentation.
Align, fit, or assemble component parts, using hand or power tools, fixtures, templates, or microscopes.
Install electrical or electronic parts and hardware in housings or assemblies, using soldering equipment and hand tools.
Repair, rework, or calibrate hydraulic or pneumatic assemblies or systems to meet operational specifications or tolerances.
Train others to install, use, or maintain robots.
Operate metalworking machines to fabricate housings, jigs, fittings, or fixtures.
Develop, test, or program new robots.
· Operation Monitoring - Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
· Quality Control Analysis - Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
· Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
· Troubleshooting - Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
· Repairing - Repairing machines or systems using the needed tools
· Computers and Electronics - Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming
· Mathematics - Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
· Mechanical - Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance
· Engineering and Technology - Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
· Production and Processing - Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods
· Attention to Detail - Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
· Concern for Others - Job requires being sensitive to others' needs and feelings and being understanding and helpful on the job
· Cooperation - Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
· Integrity - Job requires being honest and ethical
· Initiative - Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
Education, Experience, and Skills:
Diploma or equivalent from two-year College or technical school, or 3-5 years related experience and/or training.
Proficient in CAD/CAM machine programming, machining tooling and design, Mastercam experience a plus. Computers i.e. Microsoft Office.
Problem analysis and resolution have knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics and machining practices.
Ability to work well with vendors, customers, and employees.
Indeed - 16 months ago