Web Projects Specialist
Roland, a leading manufacturer of electronic musical instruments, has a full-time position in the Marketing Communications department for a Web Projects Specialist. Roland Canada is a progressive employer operating within the exciting and dynamic field of music and video performance and production. We offer competitive wages and exceptional benefit programs, and encourage our employees to learn and take on new challenges.
As an integral part of the MComms team, the Web Projects Specialist will guide, implement, and maintain Roland Canada's online presence including current and future web sites, social media outlets, support platforms, and more.
- Develop, deploy, and maintain of all RCM web properties including locally developed and third party platforms
- Develop and maintain a set of PHP Classes which allow for client connection to a globally managed CMS ("RAPTOR")
- Develop, deploy, and maintain server-side scripting, database connectivity, and interface controls for company web properties
- Develop, deploy, and maintain interactive Flash & rich media for web properties
- Monitor and maintain external web servers in all their iterations
- Participate as the corporate webmaster
- Monitor and maintain all web content libraries
- Create, distribute, and maintain contents for 3rd party web properties
- Work alongside IT Team to ensure security and compliance objectives are met
- Coordinate all external partners
- Track and report all project milestones, produce on-demand activity reports
- Contribute to strategy & planning discussions as a member of the MComms Team
- Special projects as may be assigned from time-to-time by the MComms Manager
- College/University/Technical Degree or Certificate in Marketing with a focus on web development
- Previous experience working as a web developer/web specialist in a consumer-focused industry
- Ability to function well in a creative, open, team environment
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally from time-to-time as may be required
- Knowledge of the music/music products industry, ability to relate to creative, multi-generational customers
Essential computer or application skills:
- High computer literacy
- Good working knowledge of MS Office/Exchange applications, web development applications which work with HTML, XML, CSS, Flash, PHP, SQL, .NET, WordPress
- Good working knowledge of content development applications such as Final Cut Pro, Adobe Creative Suite etc.
- Comprehensive understanding of SEO, SEM
Additional Desired Qualifications and Competencies:
- Ability to play one or more musical instruments, ability to read/write musical notation
- Passion for Ice Hockey, Star Wars, specialty coffees, and anything else it takes to get along with the President and Marketing Communications Manager.
This position will be based out of our Richmond, BC office.
To apply please visit www.roland.ca/careers.
We would like to express our thanks in advance for applying for this position. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Application Deadline: August 30th, 2013
Indeed - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard
Roland is a world leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of electronic musical instruments, professional audio equipment,...