Rokstad Power Employee Reviews

productive company
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Barachois Brook, NL2 January 2018
great job just wasn't long enough,long hours,great p[eople,good breaks,and great supervision.lots of training programs and safety was probably the best part of the job .
Pros
great wages
Best Company I've found for Office Work
N/A (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC7 December 2017
Rokstad is a great company to work for, when it comes to the head office. The teams work together to create a fun and loving atmosphere. They expect you to work hard, and in some cases, work extremely long hours. But! They pay you a decent wage, they're alright with training new people, they're accepting of all ethnicities, ages and they're exceptionally friendly. You don't last long if you're clique-y. I love working at Rokstad, the one down side is that they don't often give permanent contracts.

Everyone who started around the same time as me is on a temporary contract... There's very little job security, but I'm sure it's the same in most industries that involve construction and power.

If you're a bit of a workaholic, Rokstad is the place for you! There may be nights you have to work until midnight. But, they are a flexible company. The owner is very down to earth and genuine.

They have worked hard to ensure Rokstad is a GREAT place to work, and with so little job opporunities out there in the lower mainland right now, if you have the chance. I recommend it.

There have been many times where people have left and decided to come back because there's just something about Rokstad. Their employee morale is amazing, they work hard to ensure their employee's want to be at work. I have a hard time getting out of bed for an employer who's only there to feed himself, if you catch my drift. But with the Rokstad's I have no issues.

Greatest employer's I've ever had.
Pros
Great Co-workers, Great Team mentality, great team building once a month, fair wages, great benefits and really an eye opener into a great company.
Cons
Sometimes, long work hours.
great workers, was enjoyable to be around people
Operator, Foreman then supervisor (Former Employee) –  Stephenville Crossing, NL18 July 2017
Rokstad Power is a great company and is all about safety. No body can enter any site without be trained. The salary, work like balance and management and other workers working it was an enjoyable employment opportunity
Pros
always a phone call away needs were looked after for every job area
Cons
not secure enough to say it is safe to know you have work next week
rokstad
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC14 May 2017
rokstad is a good company but as for advancement it is suited better for those who are actually linemen or apprentices that have these skills. i enjoyed my time with rokstad and would work for them again.
It's a good company
Power Technician App. (Current Employee) –  Saskatchewan20 April 2017
No tool's but they got some good guys here. its a happy culture most times its powerline you know what the deal is, you go with the flow but get tired of working away.
It's good and bad
Admin (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC1 March 2017
Good: co-workers, fair pay

Bad: Processes (what's that?), indecisive management, no structure, policies or guidelines. Bit of an old boys club.

Advice to management: hold senior leaders accountable.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Lack of processes
Very professional environment
General Laborer/ First aid attendent (Former Employee) –  British Columbia28 February 2017
learned a lot had a great time building the I.L.M and meeting the various hard working friends. I di a lot of moving material with a superb crew
Pros
Very professional
productive place to work
Ground worker (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC5 February 2017
I worked with Rokstad power fo 2 1/2 years as a ground worker building steel transmission towers . Ground workers have a lot of responsibiliy . My daily responsibilities were to take out all nessesary tools ,slings , riggin the crew needs for the day and put away at the end of the day, keep the tower site clean , keep the riggin trucks in order , tag loads being moved by crane an give poper signals to the operator an direct the load to its location , work along side linemen and the apprentices building the tower sections on the ground then help put riggin on so that the section could be safely erected , reading prints to install lacing , tourqe bolts , operate the zoom boom to move materials around the site an when we move to another tower .
Pros
very good company to work for and the pay was awesome
Cons
No shade in thee summer when building towers, everything gets hot
Challenging rewarding company to work for.
HSE Lead (Current Employee) –  Newfoundland and Labrador19 January 2017
I would recommend working for Rokstad Power to anyone who is willing to learn new skills and be challenged to improve as a professional.
Worst company I have EVER worked for.
Slave. (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC18 April 2016
When we were first hired, we were told some great thing, great benefits and some awesome promises. That quickly diminished once management reared their ugly heads and showed us what their true intentions were. Being stabbed in the back was a daily thing, everyone is out to step on you so they can look good and succeed. It's an old boys club yes, but thats not the real issue.

It's young guys who can barely spell their own name, know nothing about computers and they progress into a management position because they know how (and they sure love to do it, right tom?) to demoralize and make them feel like garbage. They actually 'enjoy' it.

Avoid this company at all costs. You are better off panhandling.
Pros
Nothing comes to mind.
Cons
Not enough space.
Okay company to work for.
IT Manager (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC8 March 2016
I enjoyed working at Rokstad. I created an IT department from scratch. A typical day would be assisting users with desktop, smartphones and tablet issues, budgetting, vendor relations, IT projects management, integration, scripting, SQL DBA.

I learnt lots about mobile technology for field workers.

Hardest part of the job was in getting field workers to adopt new technology.

Seeing how technology can improve operational efficiencies.
Pros
Great benefits and close to home
Cons
Company was struggling. Layoffs were causing low morale.
great pay
Tower Constructor/Helicopter Rigger (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC22 January 2016
Wages are very great and company contributes to a RSP fund. away for long periods of time. great experience but a lack of training
management is poor
Pros
great wages
Cons
always on the road away from home