Rogers Employee Reviews in Canada

Focused Motivated Worker
Bartender / Server (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 21, 2015
Learned lots from working in fast paste environments.
Plenty of serving and bartending experience, looking for part time position ASAP
fun place where every body work as a team
Wireless Guru (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 21, 2015
provide lot of training and education, its a key part of success.
i like online training material, easy access to higher management.
Was good until they forced selling to every customer
customer service (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONDecember 15, 2015
This was a good job ( great pay, great benefits, great colleagues) until they changed my position as a customer service rep into selling product on EVERY call. Alot of customers are calling to cut down their cost, not expand it. Rogers is a good company to work for if you truly believe in the product, which I think is too expensive.
Pros
Benefits package
Cons
Forced selling
Responsibilities
Network Analyst (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONDecember 14, 2015
Network Analyst
 Performs data backup/recovery, maintenance, data integrity and capacity management activities.
 Monitor, troubleshoot, analyze and maintain enterprise level Local Area Networks, Wide Area Networks and telecommunication systems.
 Research and analyze network, server and backup vendors and products.
 Report back to Network Engineers with Pre and Post Tests Analysis.
Patience is a virtue and multi tasking is second nature.
Customer Service Consultants (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONDecember 14, 2015
During my time at Rogers I learned that while the saying goes "The Customer is Always Right" may not always be the case. However it is the foundation to treating each customer with respect and providing them with the knowledge required to resolve any an all issues and the key to a satisfied customer.

This philosophy is what provided me with job satisfaction at the end of each day. It allowed me to "Turn a Frown Upside down".
Good Environment, Long Hours
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 13, 2015
The hours were very long, and the work environment sometimes hostile, but that comes with being a sales agent. I enjoyed receiving bonuses for my achievements.
fast paced environment
Cable technical support consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 13, 2015
training period was fun and educational. management made everyone feel welcome. co-workers were easy to work with and helpful. the most enjoyable part of the job was our team huddles where we can share our days experiences and lean about the new & up-coming changes our department will be making. An amazing experience.
productive and great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONDecember 12, 2015
easy going the managers are always there for assistance. you get to work in a diverse environment. everyone is always friendly and helpful .
Great Place to work, must be self motivated.
Inside Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONNovember 26, 2015
Great place to work overall, not too many complaints, must be highly self motivated to succeed. Work place environment is adequate and definitely induces a sense of community. Lots of room to grow and advancement within the company.
Pros
Free prizes, lunches etc
Cons
No Help with schudleing
Enjoyed working with all of my co-workers.
Account Receivable/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 15, 2015
Rogers encourages team initiative and has rewards for employees that reach certain targets.
They also are always finding ways to improve services for customers.
Pros
salary
Cons
late hoiurs
Productive, fun, family style company.
TechXpert Chat Agent (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSNovember 13, 2015
Great place to work, very flexible schedule, fun and encouraging environment with great management and co workers. Fun work enviroment with lots of room to advance if you show your skill and passion.
Pros
Work from home, flexible schedule, easy advancment
Cons
Lack of physical connection, repetitive, customers
it's only alright.
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 5, 2015
I used to really like working for Rogers when it felt like it was a positive work environment. My manager was so kind and generous and was an excellent teacher and I used to admire her so much because she was what I wanted to be when I was her age. Then I got transferred out of the area to a slower location and my old are manager somehow became my area manager once again and started implementing all of these ridiculous and completely unnecessary tasks because it was always her way or the highway. My area manager was never a really positive person to begin with so working for her was very emotionally draining. No matter how hard I tried it was never enough. No matter how good I was doing, if I was struggling with 1 thing, that is literally all that would be focused from on from her.
Pros
Cool co-workers, most of my store managers were pretty great.
Cons
One of the area managers is a dragon lady.
fun work environment
Sales Representative / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 4, 2015
answer customers requests and assist customers with any issue with service and products. Work schedule is erratic which can be a problem with home life
Pros
great support and work enviroment
Cons
erratic schedule
Fun and fast pace environment
assistant manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCNovember 3, 2015
Sales-driven, fast-pace, always changing environment. Great benefits, i got to meet a lot of different kinds of people. I learned a great deal at Rogers.
GOOD PLACE OVERALL
Business Sales Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONOctober 30, 2015
Good sale culture, great management. Not alot of growth opportunities. Also a high turnover environment. Overall a decent place to work. Amazing sales incentive and commission
Workforce Planner
Workforce Planner (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 23, 2015
Very high volume and high level
managing a large budget and call centre knowledge
management was very wonderful
made life time friends
the hours were overwhelming
the challenge, experience and people
Pros
learning and development
Cons
the long hours
Pleasant
Customer Service /Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 13, 2015
Rogers Center is a good place to work but not forever. As a student this job is always out going and welcoming. management is awesome and pay is great now that they are a union.
Productive and friendly workspace
developer (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONOctober 9, 2015
It is a good company with a good relations to workers.
There is a carry management about personal , who create workable atmosphere
Cut Too Lean
OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Media Business Unit (Television, Vancouver)September 24, 2015
PROS
- Great local management
- Positive, cooperative, can-do work culture
- Recent technology upgrades

CONS
Other than SportsNet, the following applies:

- Only produces bare minimum of local content as required by CRTC, whereas competitors go beyond the minimums and thus have much better ratings for local content

- Cutbacks every 2 years (at least) in last 5 years

- Very lean staff leads to continual staffing challenges

- Local staff morale lowered by cuts

- Potential of facilities, equipment and staff being underused

- Economy of scale cannot be achieved because most content is only broadcast once, maybe twice

- Not enough of a presence in community or via advertising to achieve brand recognition

ADVICE TO MANAGEMENT
- Contract an outside firm to do customer market research regarding local programming via phone / email / in-person surveys and focus groups

- Use research to identify opportunities for local programming

- Reinvest in local programming to achieve economies of scale via using content for multiple weekday and weekend broadcasts
Pros
Great local management, Positive cooperative can do work culture, Recent technology upgrades
Cons
Only produces bare minimum of local content as required by CRTC but competitors go beyond, Cutbacks every 2 years (at least) in last 5+ years, Continual staffing challenges, Morale low, Potential underused, Economy of scale cannot be achieved because most content is only broadcast once or twice, Not enough of a presence to achieve brand recognition
Innovation and constant growth
Technical IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  TorontoSeptember 13, 2015
Get to work different technologies
Personal growth and development