Rogers

Rogers Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
See Resume
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 15, 2013
Dealt with customer complaints and had make sales for Rogers.
This was my part-time job while studying full-time
Rogers aws a very good place to work.
QA Analyst (Former Employee), 8200 Dixie Rd. BramptonJune 26, 2013
Pros: good benefits
It is a very busy place with constant and rapid changes of the company and management structure. In Rogers I mastered my Change Management and File Transfer skills. Nice people and professional employees. Excellent facilities, even a gym in the building. Work load is unbalanced like in most IT departments.
Online training is available for employees. – more... Good place to work. – less
Productive, Fun
Volunteer (Current Employee), Brampton, ONJune 24, 2013
As a volunteer, filming shows and being behind scenes watching the producer at work was very helpful. I learnt a lot at Rogers TV. Whether being in front of the camera, or behind it.
Not a productive company to work with
Former frontline employee (Current Employee), ScarboroughJune 12, 2013
Pros: not many
Cons: a lot
Rogers is a company with the biggest bureaucracy ever. Making decisions in pro of the process implying client satisfaction is impossible to achieve.
Rogers is company with short term vision for doing business with clients, there s not a process set in order to achieve a long term customer satisfaction, the worst business a client can do is dealing on – more... the phone with Rogers..
Simple changes to get solutions for doing better business is impossible in a very close culture where the big gurus ( VP) are totally disconnected of to reality but there is where the mayor decisions are taken.
Leadership is an inexistent world, managers are managers because they were hired to be managers but there is not a feasible standard of leadership to follow up in this company since nobody is responsible for nothing and I speak about management itself.

Rogers is a reactive company not a proactive company, Rogers is always backing up stakeholders interest instead to back up customers interest upon market demand since final users are the ones who pay for the final product, they are who keep the company alive not the stakeholders.

As former employee at Rogers there is way a lot I can say about this company but it will take forever talking about the weakness instead the strengths because I can not see strengths at all in this company and this is a vision most of the employees have but no all speak up. – less
Fun and productive work enviroment
Inbound Sales Agent (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONJune 12, 2013
Pros: fun work enviroment
Cons: long work hours per day
A high volume of inbound phone calls which require the agent to capitalize on the sales opportunity on every call to maintain an overall SPC (sales per call) of 21% every month. I learned how to communicate effectively with differen types of customers and try to sell on every call. Management staff is very supportive in terms of keeping agents on the – more... task ahead an set a plan for the agent to follow to be successful at the end of the month. – less
Worst company to work for
customer service (Former Employee), ontarioJune 11, 2013
Cons: the place smelt like a sewer, they treat you like an idiot, they do not have a good training program, once you hit about 5+ yrs they lay you off, they promote unhealthy eating
They end up always overpaying you on your last pay and then send you a letter saying you owe them. I quit on a Wednesday payday was that week they paid me I called in to HR the number on my letter to make sure that I did not have to pay anything back the HR person said that everything was fine then I got another letter 3 weeks later saying that they – more... overpaid me and that I owed them money then a week later I got another pay stub showing an amount and that they deducted from what I "owed" them (their pay stubs are as horrible as their billing summary) I called their payroll support who said that if I want my past pay stubs I had to fax in my request for them to send it out. The HR girl did not say this she said that they would give me instant access to the program on the computer to look at my paystubs. The payroll support then told me a different number that was deducted from what I 'owed' them this number was less than the letter I received in the mail.. Working for rogers was VERY high stress! The employees dread going into work everyday, you were given unrealistic goals that changed almost on a daily basis, the systems that are put in place to help you actually hinder you. I worked over 12 mths for a manager that was not even on my shift we only saw a hour of each other in a day once a week we had one on one coaching where my manager would ask me to tell him how to help me which eventually the upper management had a sit down with me and suspended for my low performance saying for me to think about it and come back and tell my manager how he can try and help me (why are you a manager if you can't figure out a way to help your employees) My Manager said that he tried helping me and he did offer suggestions on things to try to do but never gave me the tools to do them. They also do not acknowledge if you're away on a short term medical leave I was gone for 5 days with a doctors note and I was still pulled into a meeting where they told me that my absences were abnormal (duhh) I went through their 3rd party company that agreed that my time off was legit. They talk down to you they treat you like your stupid all the floor staff in the call center treat you like your an idiot even though they do not have one good system in place to help you I honestly could go on and on about how horrible this company is but I won't. You as a customer have to fight to get treated fairly and You as an employee have to fight to get treated fairly as well and if you fight too much for your rights they fire you.. I would never say for anyone to work for rogers. Oh and if you're vegetarian they acknowledge that your vegetarian by asking if you are before their holiday lunch but then when you go to the lunch they classify over steamed vegetables mashed potatoes and gravy (gravy is not vegetarian) buns and butter as a meal but I guess when they walk around handing candy out like you're a child who just did something good you really shouldn't expect much more from them. The average waist size at my location was 36"-50" no word of a lie! – less
Sales Environment
Consumer Inside Sales (Current Employee), TorontoMay 22, 2013
1. Customers perception towards the product
2. Manage sales pressure
3. Areas that need to be targeted customized to every customer we have a conversation with
4. Analytical skills
gained excellent customer service experience
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee), Brampton, OntarioMay 22, 2013
- worked from home for rogers. work-school life balance.
- gained knowledge about how to deal with customers, sales experience.
- I prefer working in an environment where I can interact with people face to face or working with co-workers.
- work from home was convenient only because I had flexible hours to choose but it doesn't really give me an exposure – more... to work in the real world outside with other people. – less
Fast pass, Not alout of one on one
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee), Weymouth, NSMay 17, 2013
Pros: work from home
Cons: the trainning needs to be longer and you should be paid for your training.
The teacher was very good at her job. I just found there was to much information input for just training for one month. I feel that they should take more time to show how everything works. Onlly 5 from our class of 30 passed that day
A job to dread everyday
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), BurnabyApril 22, 2013
Pros: fellow co-workers
Cons: too many to list
This is a thankless job. Not only are you treated badly by customers, you are unfairly judged by Management if you don't meet unrealistic metrics. I'm going to be brutally honest. This company does not care or reward honest, hard-working employees. If you don't meet those "numbers", you will be under a microscope EVERY week by your manager. Half the – more... managers working at the call centre are sooooo incompetent. Not exaggerating either.
As for them advertising advancement opportunities, don't believe it. There internal hiring practices are TERRIBLE. There have been numerous former valuable employees who have left Rogers because of this. Almost travesty.
more CONS
- (accountability) Team managers do not show up to work on time, whereas they expect you to be ready to start taking calls at your scheduled start time.
- Management expects you to do your "customer follow ups" on your own time; meaning before/after shift , on your lunch/break.
- do not recognize tenure for advancement EVEN though you have "exceeded expectations" on your last work evaluationS!
- Bonuses are now harder to achieve
- I'll stop here cause you may want to experience it yourself
I have to add one more thing. There used to be a time where some of us employees recommended friends and family to work for Rogers. Let me tell you, there is no way I would put my friends, let alone my family in a work environment like this. You will quickly lose friends and family.
Thank you and bonne chance! – less
If you want to be Disable, work for Rogers
Manager (Former Employee), TorontoApril 21, 2013
Pros: big building
Cons: long hours without pay, weak leadership, useless human resource dept.
Rogers management - especially the front and the middle layer of management is literally weak. Anyone who pampers their boss becomes a manager in this company. No proper recruiting culture. Human Resources here is a complete joke. Labor laws do not get followed but they know how to hide them - this is the criteria before getting hired in HR. HR should – more... be controlled by Board of Directors and not Rogers Management. Not only in many cases the salary is below standard but also you will likely have to work 3 persons' job without overtime. They tell all candidates they have overtime and many other unwritten goodies before they join. But until you get everything written on your contract do not trust the hiring manager. Not only employees, but, very long hours for managers too and without pay unless you want to delegate some of these work to your team member and make them suffer. Work culture and the employee - management relationship is undoubtedly weak. Even if you combine the base salary and benefits altogether, still it does not worth working for this company and waste your life and health. – less
Horrible management. No room for growth
Fraud analyst (Former Employee), TorontoApril 19, 2013
Pros: social events. flexible hours
Cons: mgmt.pay
The "cool kids" get promotions. Mgmt acts like a clique lf school children. Poor pay.
Creat customer service people that care about their jobs
Business Service Consultant (Former Employee), Brampron OnApril 11, 2013
Rogers requiers better training courses prior to the start of your position. The 4 weeks of training provided is not relevant to the job itself.
Horrible place to work
Director (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 26, 2013
Cons: all of the above
Lacks Senior Management direction
Poor work life balance
Regular staff cuts (every 3 months)
Good employer
RACF Security Consultant (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 20, 2013
Good environment overall. It was great place to work. I was a consultant so my exposure to the immediate group of workers, who were professional, friendly and hard working.

April 3, 2013

Rogers cuts hours and staff every 3 month, their job ads what it seems to be. they just fulfilling their quota. Pay is low.

Busy call centre, room for advancement
Wireless Customer Retention Agent (Former Employee), Kitchener OntarioMarch 20, 2013
Pros: fun events
Cons: angry customers
Inbound customer calls. Resolving account inquiries. Selling products, plans and cell phones. Renewing contracts. Helpful staff.
interesting palce to work
Electronics Assembler (Former Employee), Chandler, AZAugust 13, 2014
soldered components onto flex circuitry. how to use an automated conveyor machine. Management was ok and so were my coworkers the hardest part of the job was the hours and the enjoyable part was learning to solder.
Great Place to work!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), ReceptionistJuly 9, 2014
Pros: great coworkers, benefits
Staff is very organized everyone plays a keyrole in the workplace. All want to acheive a common goal. It is a very nice atmosphere for everyone. Build lasting relationships with customers.
Great kids
Caretaker (Former Employee), Vero Beach, FLApril 29, 2014
Pros: amazing little boys
Cons: no benefits, not enough hours, not steady enough work
The two young boys were a joy to care for. The youngest was 5 months old when I started with the family and he was 19 months when I left. The oldest was 21 months when I started and almost three when I left. The hardest part of the job was the mothers unreasonable expectations. I was given 15 minutes notice on when I was needed to work and was ostracized – more... when I couldn't rearrange my schedule last minute to fit hers. Ultimately the limit hours were not enough. – less
Good start
Account Manager (Former Employee), Middleburg Heights, OHMarch 26, 2014
Great place to learn the industry.
Poor in terms of advancement.

About Rogers

Rogers Communications Inc. is a diversified Canadian communications and media company engaged in the telecom and media business. – Read more