Rogers

Rogers Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive, fun, family style company.
TechXpert Chat Agent (Former Employee), Halifax, NSNovember 13, 2015
Pros: Work from home, flexible schedule, easy advancment
Cons: Lack of physical connection, repetitive, customers
Great place to work, very flexible schedule, fun and encouraging environment with great management and co workers. Fun work enviroment with lots of room to advance if you show your skill and passion.
it's only alright.
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 5, 2015
Pros: Cool co-workers, most of my store managers were pretty great.
Cons: One of the area managers is a dragon lady.
I used to really like working for Rogers when it felt like it was a positive work environment. My manager was so kind and generous and was an excellent teacher and I used to admire her so much because she was what I wanted to be when I was her age. Then I got transferred out of the area to a slower location and my old are manager somehow became my area manager once again and started implementing all of these ridiculous and completely unnecessary tasks because it was always her way or the highway. My area manager was never a really positive person to begin with so working for her was very emotionally draining. No matter how hard I tried it was never enough. No matter how good I was doing, if I was struggling with 1 thing, that is literally all that would be focused from on from her.
fun work environment
Sales Representative / Customer Service (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 4, 2015
Pros: great support and work enviroment
Cons: erratic schedule
answer customers requests and assist customers with any issue with service and products. Work schedule is erratic which can be a problem with home life
Fun and fast pace environment
assistant manager (Current Employee), Montréal, QCNovember 3, 2015
Sales-driven, fast-pace, always changing environment. Great benefits, i got to meet a lot of different kinds of people. I learned a great deal at Rogers.
GOOD PLACE OVERALL
Business Sales Account Manager (Former Employee), Brampton, ONOctober 30, 2015
Good sale culture, great management. Not alot of growth opportunities. Also a high turnover environment. Overall a decent place to work. Amazing sales incentive and commission
Workforce Planner
Workforce Planner (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 23, 2015
Pros: learning and development
Cons: the long hours
Very high volume and high level
managing a large budget and call centre knowledge
management was very wonderful
made life time friends
the hours were overwhelming
the challenge, experience and people
Pleasant
Customer Service /Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 13, 2015
Rogers Center is a good place to work but not forever. As a student this job is always out going and welcoming. management is awesome and pay is great now that they are a union.
Productive and friendly workspace
developer (Current Employee), Brampton, ONOctober 9, 2015
It is a good company with a good relations to workers.
There is a carry management about personal , who create workable atmosphere
Cut Too Lean
OPERATOR (Former Employee), Media Business Unit (Television, Vancouver)September 24, 2015
Pros: Great local management, Positive cooperative can do work culture, Recent technology upgrades
Cons: Only produces bare minimum of local content as required by CRTC but competitors go beyond, Cutbacks every 2 years (at least) in last 5+ years, Continual staffing challenges, Morale low, Potential underused, Economy of scale cannot be achieved because most content is only broadcast once or twice, Not enough of a presence to achieve brand recognition
PROS
- Great local management
- Positive, cooperative, can-do work culture
- Recent technology upgrades

CONS
Other than SportsNet, the following applies:

- Only produces bare minimum of local content as required by CRTC, whereas competitors go beyond the minimums and thus have much better ratings for local content

- Cutbacks every 2 years (at least) in last 5 years

- Very lean staff leads to continual staffing challenges

- Local staff morale lowered by cuts

- Potential of facilities, equipment and staff being underused

- Economy of scale cannot be achieved because most content is only broadcast once, maybe twice

- Not enough of a presence in community or via advertising to achieve brand recognition

ADVICE TO MANAGEMENT
- Contract an outside firm to do customer market research regarding local programming via phone / email / in-person surveys and focus groups

- Use research to identify opportunities for local programming

- Reinvest in local programming to achieve economies of scale via using content for multiple weekday and weekend broadcasts
Innovation and constant growth
Technical IT Specialist (Former Employee), TorontoSeptember 13, 2015
Get to work different technologies
Personal growth and development
Team Work
Opportunity for Growth
Supportive management
Corrupt
Sales Associate / Key Holder (Former Employee), London, OnSeptember 12, 2015
Pros: Some great emplyees, Commisson and hourly.
Cons: Drama, Management, Flexibabilty.
Management corrupt, HR and Star Hotline No help. Sexism.

Pays Wells, good Benefits as it has eye coverage as well as dental and medical.

Usually short staffed to to People quiting (cause of management) or being Fired (Usually due to fraud or Management, or Sexism)

You can work for Over a year or even 5 and be fired due to someone not liking the way you looked at them or for not liking you personally, wouldn't matter if you hit your targets. can be high stressed
Fun place despite the issues.
Customer service agent (Current Employee), Montréal, QCSeptember 10, 2015
I started working for Rogers last year. What I like about this environment is the fact the coworkers are for the most part awesome. The management is not always trustworthy though which is an inconvenience.
Team Manager (Current Employee), Barrie, ONSeptember 9, 2015
Pros: advancement
Cons: low pay
Great Place to advance/ family feeling

A typical day is meetings, coaching, and long hours

Co workers are a team

the best part of the job is mentoring employees
Only blond Canadians are welcome for Administrative positions!!
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), BloorSeptember 9, 2015
Poor management. HR is only choosing Canadians who were born and grown up in Canada and does not give a chance to other professionals!! Totally unprofessional.
Loved working for Rogers
ASSOCIATE PRODUCER (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 2, 2015
Pros: Great production team and management
Cons: Loved it.
Rogers is a great company to work for. I worked as an associate producer on the show "Hometown Hockey" hosted by Ron Maclean. Sadly I was filling in for a paternity leave and they weren't in a position to hire me full time. I have a great reference from them though.
Enjoyable staff members and competitive work
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Brampton, ONAugust 24, 2015
Pros: Flexibility with school & a fun environment
Cons: There are no cons
Being able to work in an environment where you are both accepted by your team but also all pushing for sales gives you the best of both worlds. We are able to compete with one another to build our sales yet help each other out as well. I enjoy helping customers find what products best suite their lifestyle according to pricing and service. We also ensure the best service possible to always have a happy customer.
It is great experience working for Rogers. I've learned Great customer serving skills, time management and leadership skills.
Technical Relations Associate (Former Employee), Barrie, ONAugust 24, 2015
Pros: Learning camps, Social networking activities.
Cons: NIL
A great place to start one's career. An amazing place which boosts up one's confidence. It gave me an opportunity to learn customer service, Leadership, and Team playing Skills. As you have to finish the call with in the time limit, One can improve his time management skills as well. A 8 year shift allow you to handle an average of 50 calls. If we follow the protocols and ask for the exact details, the problem can be fixed within 3 minutes. The hardest part is to talk to someone who isn't good with the Language, someone who is not tech savvy. The most enjoyable part is when people appreciate you by the bottom of their heart.
Great Learning Experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 24, 2015
Pros: TeamWork
Cons: Confined Work Environment
Great place to work with great people and flexible hours. Management is very friendly and has an open door policy. Really teaches you how to multi task at a position like this.
freindly co workers
Small Business Consultant (Former Employee), torontoAugust 21, 2015
fast place and pace to work, well constituted company. New challenge everyday and new customers. Turn over rate weren't as expected as high.
Productive and Fast Paced Job
Cellular Sales Representative (Current Employee), Head OfficeAugust 18, 2015
Great opportunity to be a sales and customer service representative at Rogers Head Office, Flag ship store. Very fast paced job, a lot to learn and great individuals to work alongside.
Headquarters