Rogers

Rogers Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great place to work!
Consumer Inside Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Toronto, OntarioFebruary 3, 2014
Great company to work with and enhance sales skills. The only reason I'm looking for a different job is due to the fact that I have moved and take the bus. 4 hours a day spent getting to and from work.
Multicultural place to work
Network Analyst - Contract (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: big company
Cons: bureaucracy, can't buy lunch in cafeterea without cash
Nice place to work.Used to work on contract. Didn't have the chance to get to permanent position even though my candidature was 100% fit for that role.
easy work
Network Support Technician (Current Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 25, 2014
my contract is going to expire soon other wise I love to work for ROGERS.
productive
Sales representative (Former Employee), MarkhamJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: great commission
Cons: now a lot room for promotion
I would open the store, then drop off the bank deposit. Following the bank deposit I would count the inventory and restock the store if required. Afterwards I would receive the shipment and put all the cash in the register while checking the previous nights financial records for discrepancies. I would then check my email for promotional prices changes – more... and make sure to update the store prices for all the products. Afterwards I would assist any customers that enter the store with their bills, product activations, and equipment returns. – less
Techincal Support
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 16, 2014
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Pulling the rug out from under you.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), St Thomas, ONJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: discount on service
Cons: high demands
They ask too much and give too little. Despite your efforts to impress they continue to pass you over at every turn.
Opportunity for growth
Business Technical Support Consultant (Former Employee), North yorkJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: relocation of call centres
-Innovation and interesting technology changes
-Great teams
-Helpful Managers
so so
Project Manager (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJanuary 7, 2014
no no
i like the first impression rule

if you own a company
make sure those representing you
act walk talk in the same direction

if your call centre has 1500 bublegum chewers
that really doesn't give a ...
call translink sometime 9533333; i have called since 2002
...every call professional
Rogers.... the devil in red
Sales/Customer Service (Former Employee), Highland HillsDecember 30, 2013
Pros: not much
Cons: too much to list
As a former employee of this locastion, I strongly recommend to search elsewhere. The staff is decent, but management at the highland store is terrible, unreliable, and never lasts long. If you are interested in Rogers, search other stores!!!!!!
You were warned...
Fun but stressful
Customer Relation Representative (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 23, 2013
Pros: free breaks
Cons: no steady schedule
My work experience at my current Employer Rogers have been somewhere pleasurable. The day begins with greetings to my colleagues, and reading e-mails to see if any changes happened and updates. I have gained lots of knowledge there such as: multi-tasking, communication, research, building a rapport. There is a lot of competition among co-workers there, – more... i find competition is improves the business as long it does not involve someone's personal life. Few times I found individuals have crossed that line - also there is competition among managers. Management competition has effected reps at the floor. For example, reps are reluctant to ask some team leaders as they will not receive a correct answer from them because there is a feud between the two managers.
Switching gears to the hardest part of the job is the amount of competition that is between individuals, and managers. This is leading me to look for a job somewhere else. Where it is less stressful and the sense of friendly competition is enjoyable. – less
Dynamic, Workplace, very Enoyable
District Manager (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 6, 2013
Pros: professional high sales enviroment
● Increased district sales, by setting optimal goals for individual stores and reps
● Created sales projections by assessing, analyzing and reviewing sales results
● Provide weekly sales and profitability reports to the Director
● Developed sales strategies based upon analysing market trends, current business issues and buying motives
● Used innovative – more... selling techniques and in depth product knowledge to train, coach and manage 12 staff members, and 4 store managers
● Ensured full client satisfaction by acting as point of contact for all client escalations,
● Held weekly conference calls with store managers and weekly mentoring sessions with each team member to keep staff accountable, uncover and address performance issues, recognize achievements and motivate staff to achieve their goals
● Created and managed a monthly work schedule for full time and part time staff
● Employed a POS and CRM system to develop, maintain and grow business and client relationships, company sales results and revenue
● Represented the company with Rogers corporate image in an effort to maintain a maximum retention rate and managed growth of existing customers and team members
● Ensured all store displays and marketing material are current and in accordance with standards set out by Rogers – less
Rogers
Senior Broadcast Designer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 2, 2013
Great Place and great people. A real pleasure to be part of it!
chill and relax environment.
Team Lead/Customer Service Support (Former Employee), Brampton, ONOctober 31, 2013
Awesome place to work ..good team work and great sales team and they will help you secure in your sale target
Terrible
CSR (Former Employee), MississaugaOctober 24, 2013
Pros: good experience for call centre
Cons: too many to list
I worked for Rogers in the call centre and it was an awful experience. The pay they offer, no one could live on. In being such a large company shame on them. When it was slow, they would tell you to log off and your day was done.
Call centre environment
Processing Sales (Current Employee), BramptonOctober 6, 2013
It is fun working in a call centre, where you receive calls from customers who are willing to buy services of Rogers.
Coolest job at the Rogers Store
In store formation leader (Former Employee), Montréal, QCSeptember 24, 2013
Pros: very good pay and flexible hours
Cons: long distances
Great environnement where you get to serve and sell phones with plans to clients. Also, teaching new colleagues to properly use the SSP system to make transactions is amusing.
Company in tough times with IT in decline.
Director (Current Employee), BramptonSeptember 23, 2013
Long days and weekend work, sometimes exciting, sometimes fearful.

Learned a lot of management skills due to challenging situations.

Working staff on the floor pull together for the right leaders.

Major systems investments in the hundreds of millions of dollars have failed and constant leadership shuffles lack credibility to engage staff. Middle – more... tier management left to hold the line on what needs to be done. Executive project expectations out of touch with reality. Too many good people who get results are let go too easily. Dependence on consultants and vendors who have continuously failed to meet their objectives is a shock to employees. It has become a blame culture in IT.

Enjoyable part is the Ted Rogers culture and values. Recent imported leaders seem bent on eliminating that - it is what made the company successful, and should be built on. – less
A wonderful company to work for with opportunity to learn and advance to other areas
A/R Collections Analyst (Former Employee), Downtown, TorontoSeptember 16, 2013
Pros: incentives
Cons: repetitive/ monotonous
Enjoyed working with Rogers. The salary and benefits were great however could get monotonous as well so may feel a bit bored at times. The colleagues and management team are friendly and approachable.
THE BEST JOB
Cable Representative (Former Employee), Orleans, ONSeptember 2, 2013
I loved this job more than anything. My co-workers were amazing and became life long friends. We all worked so well as a team. My manager was the sweetest most intelligent woman I have ever had the pleasure of working for. I wish the pay would have been more but that is barely a con due to how amazing the job actually was. I even had two weeks of Cable – more... Representative training in another location and it was so much fun and I learned so much. I learned how to deal with customers on all levels. I learned how a real working teams works and how you have support and love. I would get recognition when I would do something good. BEST JOB I HAVE EVER HAD! I would have never left but I had to move to Laval Quebec and sadly the Rogers I worked out then closed down. – less
Fun working Place and also gets to learn new things everyday
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCAugust 31, 2013
Pros: good compensation for sales
Rogers is a great company to work with. As the job was related to customer service , i got to learn allot of new things like how to interact with customers , how to ask probing questions to solve customer needs.

About Rogers

Rogers Communications Inc. is a diversified Canadian communications and media company engaged in the telecom and media business. – Read more