Rogers Employee Reviews in Canada

A good Place to gain experience of marketing, sales and public interaction.
Assist. Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCJanuary 27, 2016
Working at Rogers' gave me a lot of experience in dealing with customers in everyday manner while working at sales department.
Working at management level helped me to improvise my managing skills and while being a mentor and coach for new comers an got me a lot of team work and leading abilities.
Productive workplace with engaging co-workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 20, 2016
At Rogers, I provided customers with assistance for what they required. Some customers may already be with Rogers and are looking for a different phone plan more suitable to their needs. Some customers may be thinking of switching to Rogers from their current service provider. These customers are easy to deal with when switching over from a similar service provider like bell. However if they are with a service provider that offers much cheaper services, it is difficult to convince the customer to switch over. This was the hardest part of my job because I was only able to convince customers like that to switch over a few times. Fortunately, the management at Rogers was always aware of things going on in the store and dealt with them reasonably. I would say the management at Rogers was very good. As for the co-workers, they were all freindly and engaged in communication regularly. We would help each other out and learned to work as a team. I learned from working at Rogers as a sales associate that it is important to build meaningful relationships. As a sales associate at Rogers, the most enjoyable part of the job was successfully helping a customer to set up, or upgrade a service plan with Rogers.
Pros
Place to eat in the same plaza
Cons
No career advancement opportunity
It is great experience working for Rogers. I've learned Great customer serving skills, time management and leadership skills.
Technical Relations Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONAugust 24, 2015
A great place to start one's career. An amazing place which boosts up one's confidence. It gave me an opportunity to learn customer service, Leadership, and Team playing Skills. As you have to finish the call with in the time limit, One can improve his time management skills as well. A 8 year shift allow you to handle an average of 50 calls. If we follow the protocols and ask for the exact details, the problem can be fixed within 3 minutes. The hardest part is to talk to someone who isn't good with the Language, someone who is not tech savvy. The most enjoyable part is when people appreciate you by the bottom of their heart.
Pros
Learning camps, Social networking activities.
Cons
NIL
Rogers is like Family
Customer Service and Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ONJuly 7, 2016
Rogers has been an amazing work environment from the moment I started in Oct 2014, although a large site everyone is on a first name basis from Senior Managers to colleagues. There's always news, changes and something exciting to look forward to.
Good growth opportunities
Content Director, Financial Services Groups (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 2, 2016
I was moved to a series of progressively more senior and challenging positions during my 11 years at Rogers. This allowed me to grow professionally and saw to it that I was never bored. I also had the opportunity to mentor many up-and-coming financial journalists who the world will be hearing about in future years.
Great Company to Work
Bilingual Proposal Writer (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 27, 2016
Rogers is an excellent company to work and expend several years working in.
Management is fine but sometimes they are lost in the minor objectives.
Pros
People, management, live/work balanced
Cons
No great salary increases, regularly laid off for no reason
Rogers 3rd party employer previously known as Stream
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ONJune 15, 2016
Decent job overall but didn't pay great. Told potential for bonuses but realistically very difficult to achieve.
Pros
scheduled breaks
Cons
schedule bidding - unlikely to get good shift hours for family life
Fun place to work with lot of growth opportunities.
Business Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 16, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with different people on day to day basis. And my co workers just made working there even more fun. I learnt a lot at this job and it will help me in my future endeavours.
Close knit company. Friendly and relaxed environment
Brand representative (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ONMay 27, 2016
This was a third party company for Rogers, yet the staff is very knowledgable. Unless you work evening or weekends, the days are usually very slow. Then again, that's the time used for training and preparation.
Great company to work for , lots of opportunity to grow
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONFebruary 15, 2016
Great company to work for , lots of opportunity to grow, would recommend to anyone who wants to get a foot in telecom industry or information technology. lots of training provided
Great Company
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 11, 2016
Typical day at work are:
- logging in the phone system
- having great support from management
- Being treated equally
- Always updated with new product
- Care about the employee
- Recognized employee
Pros
love the interaction with Customer
Cons
na
Busy, work place
Outbound Sales Negotiator (Former Employee) –  North York, ONJanuary 22, 2015
Everyday I would come and be on the phones from 5 to 11pm and sell Rogers products such as home phone, television, cell phone services and for existing clients I would create a bundle; which is adding promotions to their existing service. The techniques I learned was to negotiate with clientele to sign up for Roger's services or add another service to their existing one
After a month I became a confirmation agent, where I would speak to upset clientele diffuse arguments, calm them down , negotiate to make loyal happy customers. In addition; I verified personal information after a sales rep signed up a customer, I explain payment options, and input their personal information, such as name, address, visa number into the computers. I would train sales reps to respectfully, and professionally talk to clients, Explain the right things to say and what techniques to use to win them over.
The management was great, very open-minded, fun, nice and very helpful. The hardest part was the long hours. The most enjoyable part was learning new information, enjoying the new experience, practicing to be a leader, and creating a team.
Pros
benefits, awards for great work, advancment
Cons
longs hours
Digital media,Agile atmosphere and Benefits
Senior QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  1 mount pleasant rdMay 18, 2016
Rogers is having great work culture. Management and Technical team is extremely good. Besides work culture, rogers offers exciting benefits for employees in terms of Home, television and internet deals
Always something new
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONApril 8, 2016
Talk with customers questions and concerns everyday. You learn how to problem solve professionally and with patience. Rogers always has something new, they give you on going training so that you are prepared to have a resolution on customers first call.
Diverse company with great benefits
Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJanuary 6, 2015
As a customer service representative in the billing department; each day I would answer a large number of incoming calls, assisting customer's with any billing or service related issues (non-technical). I learned how to speak to irate customers, deescalate sensitive situations and customize packages according to customer's needs. The most difficult part of the job, was having to answer many calls back to back, with no break in between. I enjoyed the fact that Rogers' appreciated their employees and their efforts, by offering great benefits, rewards and recognition.
Pros
stressful envionment dealing with continuous irrate customers, hours of operation
Cons
great salary and benefit package
Good place to work at
Rétention compte affaire (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 29, 2016
taking calls, resolving issues
management is like any other place, hit or miss. When you have a good one the job is actually pretty good.

Co-workers are awesome. You are bound to find people that you will work well with.
Responsibilities
Network Analyst (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONDecember 14, 2015
Network Analyst
 Performs data backup/recovery, maintenance, data integrity and capacity management activities.
 Monitor, troubleshoot, analyze and maintain enterprise level Local Area Networks, Wide Area Networks and telecommunication systems.
 Research and analyze network, server and backup vendors and products.
 Report back to Network Engineers with Pre and Post Tests Analysis.
safe and fun work environment
CHEF (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 22, 2016
the company is great and it serves as a good place to star your career. a typical work day starts off in the main kitchen where all the preparation is made for the day.
comfortable enviroment
Credit Specialist (Current Employee) –  TorontoApril 14, 2015
my typical day at work consist of following up on accounts, processing credit card payments, and updating customer accounts, general customer service is also a great aspect of the day, ensuring that customers are provided with as much info about their payments.
Pros
great benefits, and activities
Cons
limited advancement
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONFebruary 23, 2016
Loved coming into work helping out customer's and agents with giving them knowledge on the product that we sell or provide on a daily basis, agents and manager's we're fantastic to work with and gave me lots of information to help me on a path to becoming successful in the field i wanna be in which is business.