Rogers Employee Reviews in Canada

Great staff members, and flexible hours
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJuly 14, 2016
Overall not a bad place to work. Hours are very flexible and management tries to work around your availability. Team members are great and we all get along and work together. Can sometimes be taxing to continuously deal with angry customers. There needs to be better management training so that more coaching and team leadership is present at our location. Overall great part time job!
Pros
Flexible hours, Great team members
Cons
Dealing with angry customers, lack of proper management
Fun work environment you become a team!
Social Media Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 27, 2016
getting to use Facebook and other social media methods; to assist with customer service

management always pushing us to succeed in better roles; constant coaching feed back to help improve our weaknesses

hardest part of the job would be working night and weekends

most enjoyable would be the work environment
Pros
incentive bonus
Cons
late night shifts/work every holiday
No Job Security
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ONAugust 18, 2016
No matter your tenure, I constantly felt like I had no job security, There were multiple occasions where I didn't get my commission on time. The people that you work with are the best part about the job. Had some good experiences with managers, but also dealt with many who didn't know how to run their store. Horribly under compensated for the amount of product knowledge you are expected to know.
Monotonous
Wireless Customer Service Specialist, ICT (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLMay 28, 2016
Answering customer inquiries and billing issues

That customers want to be treated with respect and understanding

Management very difficult when it came to asking for support

Co-works were good to work with and rely on when needed

Hardest part was trying to calm a customer down who would not listen to reason

Most enjoyable was making a customer feel like they are happy with the service provider they have chosen and confident there issues have been resolved.
Pros
Intensives on sales
Cons
Dealing with irate customers
A great part time job while I was in high school, however the culture required I leave the position.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONApril 28, 2016
Sales job with awesome perks and compensation selling Rogers home services and cellular telephones to consumers and small businesses. Management was consistently shaken up(aside from at store level) resulting in unclear brand vision and often a culture of confusion with regards to sales and expectations.
Pros
Great commission compensation structure
Cons
Lack of transparency
good for my field
Rogers Sales Team (Current Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ONJune 20, 2016
this job is great for me as i am a business management student at Conestoga College..
i have my fey subjects as marketing and supply chain management and inventory management...

so this job is relatively helpful for me
Pros
helped me to develop communication skills with people and gain confidence to face customers openly.
Cons
get job only on weekends
It was at some time great and at other time a bit boring
Représentant aux ventes et service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 27, 2016
I use to work at place ville marie mall. This area is full of civil servant, in afternoon , everyone goes in lunch and its only at this time that I'm working. I learned selling tricks and the concept/ history of the Rogers incorporation. I didn't like the way they managed the sotres, theres no manager so when theres a problem only the older employee can resolve the problem. It took me to be more responsable . My co-workers were great and sociable . The hardest part of the job is the administrative tasks because as i said , theres no manager so you'd have to know how to manage the store and the systems that goes with. The most enjoyable part of the job its the customers that were very professional.
Good work culture at first, but everyone good left and all that remained was hate
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 27, 2016
Crushingly brutal sales cycle, no job security, and no fun. Only redeeming qualities were compensation and a great culuture (at first), but the market for the product became saturated, pay dropped off, and the culture died as a result of most the veterans leaving.
Lots of learning with coaching every week and friendly enviroment
Customer Service representative (Former Employee) –  Airport rdJuly 24, 2016
Excellent place to work with multicultural emplyees and management and HR department is very understanding.Emplees help each other with scheduling and all team leaders are helpful, respond to emails promptly
Pros
team lunches from mangement
 Customer Account Representative
Customer Account Representative(Full-Time) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 12, 2016
• Billing, inquiring about payment options and setting up systematic payment period based on customer AR history to receive customer payments
• Determined fraudulent activity by managing PCI compliance for analysis of credit card transactions
• Compared and recommended various products based on client capacity of investment and their personal needs
• Entered purchase invoices and recorded account history
Rogers is like Family
Customer Service and Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ONJuly 7, 2016
Rogers has been an amazing work environment from the moment I started in Oct 2014, although a large site everyone is on a first name basis from Senior Managers to colleagues. There's always news, changes and something exciting to look forward to.
Great Company to Work
Bilingual Proposal Writer (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 27, 2016
Rogers is an excellent company to work and expend several years working in.
Management is fine but sometimes they are lost in the minor objectives.
Pros
People, management, live/work balanced
Cons
No great salary increases, regularly laid off for no reason
Rogers 3rd party employer previously known as Stream
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ONJune 15, 2016
Decent job overall but didn't pay great. Told potential for bonuses but realistically very difficult to achieve.
Pros
scheduled breaks
Cons
schedule bidding - unlikely to get good shift hours for family life
Was ok place to work
Customer Care Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONAugust 17, 2016
Rogers was a very an okay place to work, close to home. Very demanding.
there was not much choice given on the shifts that were available.
The people were friendly and helpful.
Pros
gym on site
Cons
Long hours with lots of night shift work
Fun place to work with lot of growth opportunities.
Business Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 16, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with different people on day to day basis. And my co workers just made working there even more fun. I learnt a lot at this job and it will help me in my future endeavours.
Close knit company. Friendly and relaxed environment
Brand representative (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ONMay 27, 2016
This was a third party company for Rogers, yet the staff is very knowledgable. Unless you work evening or weekends, the days are usually very slow. Then again, that's the time used for training and preparation.
Good growth opportunities
Content Director, Financial Services Groups (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 2, 2016
I was moved to a series of progressively more senior and challenging positions during my 11 years at Rogers. This allowed me to grow professionally and saw to it that I was never bored. I also had the opportunity to mentor many up-and-coming financial journalists who the world will be hearing about in future years.
Always something new
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONApril 8, 2016
Talk with customers questions and concerns everyday. You learn how to problem solve professionally and with patience. Rogers always has something new, they give you on going training so that you are prepared to have a resolution on customers first call.
Great Company
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 11, 2016
Typical day at work are:
- logging in the phone system
- having great support from management
- Being treated equally
- Always updated with new product
- Care about the employee
- Recognized employee
Pros
love the interaction with Customer
Cons
na
Easy going
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCFebruary 23, 2016
A typical day was to come in and be on the phone all day. I learned to speak with customers and verify the contract they were entering into. Management was good. I was the only one there. There wasn't really any hard part of the job it was quite easy and straight forward. The best part of the day was trying to get as many contracts pushed through for the company.