Rogers Employee Reviews in Canada

Good place to work at
Rétention compte affaire (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 29, 2016
taking calls, resolving issues
management is like any other place, hit or miss. When you have a good one the job is actually pretty good.

Co-workers are awesome. You are bound to find people that you will work well with.
A great part time job while I was in high school, however the culture required I leave the position.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONApril 28, 2016
Sales job with awesome perks and compensation selling Rogers home services and cellular telephones to consumers and small businesses. Management was consistently shaken up(aside from at store level) resulting in unclear brand vision and often a culture of confusion with regards to sales and expectations.
Pros
Great commission compensation structure
Cons
Lack of transparency
It was at some time great and at other time a bit boring
Représentant aux ventes et service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 27, 2016
I use to work at place ville marie mall. This area is full of civil servant, in afternoon , everyone goes in lunch and its only at this time that I'm working. I learned selling tricks and the concept/ history of the Rogers incorporation. I didn't like the way they managed the sotres, theres no manager so when theres a problem only the older employee can resolve the problem. It took me to be more responsable . My co-workers were great and sociable . The hardest part of the job is the administrative tasks because as i said , theres no manager so you'd have to know how to manage the store and the systems that goes with. The most enjoyable part of the job its the customers that were very professional.
Productive workplace with engaging co-workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 20, 2016
At Rogers, I provided customers with assistance for what they required. Some customers may already be with Rogers and are looking for a different phone plan more suitable to their needs. Some customers may be thinking of switching to Rogers from their current service provider. These customers are easy to deal with when switching over from a similar service provider like bell. However if they are with a service provider that offers much cheaper services, it is difficult to convince the customer to switch over. This was the hardest part of my job because I was only able to convince customers like that to switch over a few times. Fortunately, the management at Rogers was always aware of things going on in the store and dealt with them reasonably. I would say the management at Rogers was very good. As for the co-workers, they were all freindly and engaged in communication regularly. We would help each other out and learned to work as a team. I learned from working at Rogers as a sales associate that it is important to build meaningful relationships. As a sales associate at Rogers, the most enjoyable part of the job was successfully helping a customer to set up, or upgrade a service plan with Rogers.
Pros
Place to eat in the same plaza
Cons
No career advancement opportunity
 Customer Account Representative
Customer Account Representative(Full-Time) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 12, 2016
• Billing, inquiring about payment options and setting up systematic payment period based on customer AR history to receive customer payments
• Determined fraudulent activity by managing PCI compliance for analysis of credit card transactions
• Compared and recommended various products based on client capacity of investment and their personal needs
• Entered purchase invoices and recorded account history
Always something new
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONApril 8, 2016
Talk with customers questions and concerns everyday. You learn how to problem solve professionally and with patience. Rogers always has something new, they give you on going training so that you are prepared to have a resolution on customers first call.
Alright place to work.
Technical Support Consultant (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NBApril 5, 2016
Would be better if management didn't keep changing everything every weeks. and never have enough people staff. otherwise decent place to work.
Pros
pay
Cons
Scheduling sucks.
Exhausting and not rewarding
Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONMarch 23, 2016
The job took a big toll on you at times. It was very stressful and not rewarding in any way. Always had angry customers, no one you could ever satisfy.
Pros
n/a
Cons
Stressful
good job for student
Facility attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 4, 2016
This job is good for someone looking for a few extra dollars. Cannot support rent and food. Not a job for someone living on their own
Good growth opportunities
Content Director, Financial Services Groups (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 2, 2016
I was moved to a series of progressively more senior and challenging positions during my 11 years at Rogers. This allowed me to grow professionally and saw to it that I was never bored. I also had the opportunity to mentor many up-and-coming financial journalists who the world will be hearing about in future years.
Excellent
INVENTORY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 2, 2016
Excellent work place, fun to work and great people, ... awesome. Rogers has come in and really bulldozed through a lot of 'comfortable but ineffective' ways of doing things.
Easy going
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCFebruary 23, 2016
A typical day was to come in and be on the phone all day. I learned to speak with customers and verify the contract they were entering into. Management was good. I was the only one there. There wasn't really any hard part of the job it was quite easy and straight forward. The best part of the day was trying to get as many contracts pushed through for the company.
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONFebruary 23, 2016
Loved coming into work helping out customer's and agents with giving them knowledge on the product that we sell or provide on a daily basis, agents and manager's we're fantastic to work with and gave me lots of information to help me on a path to becoming successful in the field i wanna be in which is business.
Productive and fun environment to work
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBFebruary 18, 2016
i have learn a lot of things and gained a lot of experiences. Its a challenging work and it makes you up to the task in IT Business Analysis Environment.
Productive workplace with gym
Sr. QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONFebruary 17, 2016
Productive workplace with gym and yoga classes which allow to learn, to grow professionally and personally, participate in new projects and be successful.
Great company to work for , lots of opportunity to grow
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONFebruary 15, 2016
Great company to work for , lots of opportunity to grow, would recommend to anyone who wants to get a foot in telecom industry or information technology. lots of training provided
A Place You Can Call Home
ENG Video News Editor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 11, 2016
Rogers is a great company, the people are so wonderful and are like family, respectful, courteous and always lending a hand.
The opportunities are endless too.
The best thing about Rogers is that you can move in and around the company and find the perfect fit for your future career.
Pros
Nothing but the best.
Cons
The bad thing I cant find a negative comment and thats a good thing.
amazing team
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCFebruary 9, 2016
while working at rogers. I advanced my knowledge in sales and communications. With the help of my team leader, I learned how to gain agreement form clients and reinforce mutually satisfying long term relationships. Understand how to handle inquiries and complaints in ways that create a satisfying call.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Devotion
A good Place to gain experience of marketing, sales and public interaction.
Assist. Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCJanuary 27, 2016
Working at Rogers' gave me a lot of experience in dealing with customers in everyday manner while working at sales department.
Working at management level helped me to improvise my managing skills and while being a mentor and coach for new comers an got me a lot of team work and leading abilities.
Amazing colleagues
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 22, 2016
The best part of Rogers were the people!
Amazing people. Easy to work with. Overall company morale was low but kudos to my colleagues that pushed past that to complete day-to-day responsibilities.
Benefits are great. I worked for the Publishing division.
Pros
The people and my actual job
Cons
Company morale